• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Basketball

    L2T Conference Betting Thread

    «First Previous 567 ... 353637 Next Last»
    Last2thirst
    HDROADKING1998
    Brewmeister
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 18052
    Posts: 911
    «First Previous 567 ... 353637 Next Last»
     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13727
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2026 - 7:10 PM ET #101

    Quote Originally Posted by HDROADKING1998:

    love your info thank you for all your time and effort RK

     

    Thank you. I don't expect people to follow but maybe look at a game with a perspective that I have time and access to by charting every game and holding a stats spreadsheet. With 365 teams, there will be opportunities appear so I hope you can enjoy a little bet here and there and have fun... an_cheers

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by HDROADKING1998:

    love your info thank you for all your time and effort RK

     

    Thank you. I don't expect people to follow but maybe look at a game with a perspective that I have time and access to by charting every game and holding a stats spreadsheet. With 365 teams, there will be opportunities appear so I hope you can enjoy a little bet here and there and have fun... an_cheers

     
    HDROADKING1998
    HDROADKING1998
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2025
    Posts: 443
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2026 - 7:16 PM ET #102

    im just a small time retired entertainment gambler

    dont know anything about capping games but love reading the

    insight of guys on here such as yourself/rum and too many

    others to list

    thank you

    seems i have xtra income after retiring for this entertainment

    but my wife doesnt seem to understand

    RK

    Reply

    im just a small time retired entertainment gambler

    dont know anything about capping games but love reading the

    insight of guys on here such as yourself/rum and too many

    others to list

    thank you

    seems i have xtra income after retiring for this entertainment

    but my wife doesnt seem to understand

    RK

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13727
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2026 - 8:18 PM ET #103

    Quote Originally Posted by HDROADKING1998:

    im just a small time retired entertainment gambler dont know anything about capping games but love reading the insight of guys on here such as yourself/rum and too many others to list thank you seems i have xtra income after retiring for this entertainment but my wife doesnt seem to understand RK

     

    Guess what? I am 4 yrs retired now... I almost went the direction of a statistician but went into economics and sports performance combination while playing sports and then some pro tourneys in one sport for years post grad up till I was about 38 yrs old... 

     

     I love the time flexibility I have now to pick and choose what I do with my time and with having a variety of choices. 

     

    Truth is....its horse racing and sometimes stock market wins that fueled my 'cache of starter money' that I have build and have sustained/grown over the years so now I can branch out and do 4 sports a year with enough bankroll to transfer over winnings eventually to build it into year round challenging entertainment, so I hear you on the fun of the thrill of 'beating the man' who sets the lines rather than taking out money for being such a homer on a line.... but much respect for those  that love betting their teams passionately. 

     

    Personally, I just love the challenge of trying to hit 60% or better on a season and keeping my head above water in the horse betting game (standardbreds only)

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by HDROADKING1998:

    im just a small time retired entertainment gambler dont know anything about capping games but love reading the insight of guys on here such as yourself/rum and too many others to list thank you seems i have xtra income after retiring for this entertainment but my wife doesnt seem to understand RK

     

    Guess what? I am 4 yrs retired now... I almost went the direction of a statistician but went into economics and sports performance combination while playing sports and then some pro tourneys in one sport for years post grad up till I was about 38 yrs old... 

     

     I love the time flexibility I have now to pick and choose what I do with my time and with having a variety of choices. 

     

    Truth is....its horse racing and sometimes stock market wins that fueled my 'cache of starter money' that I have build and have sustained/grown over the years so now I can branch out and do 4 sports a year with enough bankroll to transfer over winnings eventually to build it into year round challenging entertainment, so I hear you on the fun of the thrill of 'beating the man' who sets the lines rather than taking out money for being such a homer on a line.... but much respect for those  that love betting their teams passionately. 

     

    Personally, I just love the challenge of trying to hit 60% or better on a season and keeping my head above water in the horse betting game (standardbreds only)

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13727
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2026 - 9:15 PM ET #104

    I think we are seeing...the past week or so..... venue DOES NOT MATTER....in the early days. Every team in a conference feels they know their opponent and can scheme to beat them. At least, that is the proper mindset they should have now coming into a game so really its (a) game prep (b) strategy (c) mindset and finally (d+e) talent + system execution..... I know as a former ranked athlete, you can beat a top team or group by working on a+b+c, mindful of the components of your team and how to utilize them effectively in your plan

     

    Lots of upsets are happening .... 

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    I think we are seeing...the past week or so..... venue DOES NOT MATTER....in the early days. Every team in a conference feels they know their opponent and can scheme to beat them. At least, that is the proper mindset they should have now coming into a game so really its (a) game prep (b) strategy (c) mindset and finally (d+e) talent + system execution..... I know as a former ranked athlete, you can beat a top team or group by working on a+b+c, mindful of the components of your team and how to utilize them effectively in your plan

     

    Lots of upsets are happening .... 

     
    Brewmeister
    Brewmeister
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2024
    Posts: 934
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2026 - 10:35 PM ET #105

    Whew! After a meager first half that USF under was a squeeker by the buzzer! But we came in at the end. Good call on Baylor's impotence of late too. They gave us that under as well. And Mizzou needed no help in covering in that one...

     

    Between your guidance, my picking and choosing, a penchant for teasers and a full measure of required luck we are full speed ahead!

    an_cheers

    an_horse

       

    Reply

    Whew! After a meager first half that USF under was a squeeker by the buzzer! But we came in at the end. Good call on Baylor's impotence of late too. They gave us that under as well. And Mizzou needed no help in covering in that one...

     

    Between your guidance, my picking and choosing, a penchant for teasers and a full measure of required luck we are full speed ahead!

    an_cheers

    an_horse

       

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13727
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2026 - 10:40 PM ET #106

    Tuesday recap: 3 - 3  +1U 

    Wednesday Results:

    USF - North Texas Under 146.5 x 2U  moneybagmoneybag

    Play #2 Wednesday - fits in Trend #3 > Missouri +13.5 x 1U @ Kentucky  ranked #24  moneybag

    Play #3 - California +12.5 @ #36 Virginia x HALF U  * same trend #3 FADE   an_burningbag need a miracle...cannot make a shot in 2nd half

     Top Team Play - Iowa St -4.5 x 1U  moneybag and UNDER 155.5 x 2U  moneybagmoneybag

    Arkansas -4 x HALF U  an_clap ...not over but going to be hard to let in a comeback by Ole Miss 

     

     

    There could have been more, but like in anything, doing too much never leads to any great result....

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Tuesday recap: 3 - 3  +1U 

    Wednesday Results:

    USF - North Texas Under 146.5 x 2U  moneybagmoneybag

    Play #2 Wednesday - fits in Trend #3 > Missouri +13.5 x 1U @ Kentucky  ranked #24  moneybag

    Play #3 - California +12.5 @ #36 Virginia x HALF U  * same trend #3 FADE   an_burningbag need a miracle...cannot make a shot in 2nd half

     Top Team Play - Iowa St -4.5 x 1U  moneybag and UNDER 155.5 x 2U  moneybagmoneybag

    Arkansas -4 x HALF U  an_clap ...not over but going to be hard to let in a comeback by Ole Miss 

     

     

    There could have been more, but like in anything, doing too much never leads to any great result....

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13727
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2026 - 11:38 PM ET #107

    Just look and wrote down every matchup for tomorrow and gonna add their ranks now and spin my matchup trends....

     

    With just looking at matchups, here are the lines I really like with knowing the teams:

    Oregon -3 >> now the shoe is on the other foot for east coast - midwest teams to fly west and jetlag and Oregon is real tough at home ...great matchup ...fade East side first game usually if matchup is close

    San Diego -4.5 >> I know their record does not look great but I recall them playing some meaty teams through the Non Conf schedule and they put up points.... Pepperdine, not so much ...SD likes to score at home!

    New Mex St ML > I am gonna watch this line and see if it falls...after a disastrous road trip....but I know they are monsters on their home court hitting shots from everywhere and getting defensive stops

    ULM/ULL > if I feel ULM will have trouble scoring, this one will be an UNDER or ULL all the way....they can stop any team defensively but have trouble scoring at times but lately have been playing well

    Sam Houston > they can flat out play ball and Delaware sometimes have trouble scoring 55 pts.... so fickle so will dig into this one

    Austin Peay > they are now positive Point Differential and have improved their rank by over 120 pts in a month.... sleeper team but FGCU likes to score but untidy defense

    Drexel > terrible record but do they ever play tough ball at home.... 

    William + Mary > this will be a dandy...Over or WM?

    Liberty-Loutech > actually leaning the OVER here because I know LouTech like to score at home vs good teams

    Sparty > have to dig into head to head....super impressive team Sparty is EXCEPT they will have to crank up their offense more if they are going to get to final 4 one of these years again.....they can but they revert to tight ball and sometimes that won't work against the taller - higher scoring teams like Florida and Duke are now designed to be 

    Hofstra > going to stay on this team despite their second super tough defensive team matchup ..... great stats but can they overcome very tight defenses??

     

     

    There are about 5 -7 very well known low scoring tight defensive teams who use full clock but I can see Vegas is adjusting and setting lower and lower Totals..... like the Lou Tech game, I think some of these might go Over ....have to dig matchup history etc....

     

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Just look and wrote down every matchup for tomorrow and gonna add their ranks now and spin my matchup trends....

     

    With just looking at matchups, here are the lines I really like with knowing the teams:

    Oregon -3 >> now the shoe is on the other foot for east coast - midwest teams to fly west and jetlag and Oregon is real tough at home ...great matchup ...fade East side first game usually if matchup is close

    San Diego -4.5 >> I know their record does not look great but I recall them playing some meaty teams through the Non Conf schedule and they put up points.... Pepperdine, not so much ...SD likes to score at home!

    New Mex St ML > I am gonna watch this line and see if it falls...after a disastrous road trip....but I know they are monsters on their home court hitting shots from everywhere and getting defensive stops

    ULM/ULL > if I feel ULM will have trouble scoring, this one will be an UNDER or ULL all the way....they can stop any team defensively but have trouble scoring at times but lately have been playing well

    Sam Houston > they can flat out play ball and Delaware sometimes have trouble scoring 55 pts.... so fickle so will dig into this one

    Austin Peay > they are now positive Point Differential and have improved their rank by over 120 pts in a month.... sleeper team but FGCU likes to score but untidy defense

    Drexel > terrible record but do they ever play tough ball at home.... 

    William + Mary > this will be a dandy...Over or WM?

    Liberty-Loutech > actually leaning the OVER here because I know LouTech like to score at home vs good teams

    Sparty > have to dig into head to head....super impressive team Sparty is EXCEPT they will have to crank up their offense more if they are going to get to final 4 one of these years again.....they can but they revert to tight ball and sometimes that won't work against the taller - higher scoring teams like Florida and Duke are now designed to be 

    Hofstra > going to stay on this team despite their second super tough defensive team matchup ..... great stats but can they overcome very tight defenses??

     

     

    There are about 5 -7 very well known low scoring tight defensive teams who use full clock but I can see Vegas is adjusting and setting lower and lower Totals..... like the Lou Tech game, I think some of these might go Over ....have to dig matchup history etc....

     

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13727
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2026 - 2:26 PM ET #108

    For the sake of time....I am going to post one play at a time that fits a model for me having cross correlated spreads and rank groups

     

    Montana +4.5 x 1U

    -they have dominated this series BUT this is one of Idaho's best teams in a while....that said...a check of last year's ranking shows this Montana team is better.....should be a close game but I like the fact this is a DOUBLE FADE of spread and rank combo and Montana with some nice offense-defense ... Idaho with nice FT and 3 pt shooting on home court

     

    Hampton-Campbell Under 147 x HALF U

    -Campbell looks like they adapt to their opponent and Hampton has a strong defense and don't get into too many shooting contests 

    - most of their matches are UNDER this total

     

    William + Mary -3.5 x 1 U

    -my matchup stats say they are better on both sides of the ball and my correlations say the matchup is good but be careful with spread .....matchup stats suggest I think its do-able  along with a proven cover over this number vs two better teams than Monmouth on the road in beating Duquesne and Bowling Green

     

    Looking into a couple more....later 

     

    I don't really love anything today...

     

     

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    For the sake of time....I am going to post one play at a time that fits a model for me having cross correlated spreads and rank groups

     

    Montana +4.5 x 1U

    -they have dominated this series BUT this is one of Idaho's best teams in a while....that said...a check of last year's ranking shows this Montana team is better.....should be a close game but I like the fact this is a DOUBLE FADE of spread and rank combo and Montana with some nice offense-defense ... Idaho with nice FT and 3 pt shooting on home court

     

    Hampton-Campbell Under 147 x HALF U

    -Campbell looks like they adapt to their opponent and Hampton has a strong defense and don't get into too many shooting contests 

    - most of their matches are UNDER this total

     

    William + Mary -3.5 x 1 U

    -my matchup stats say they are better on both sides of the ball and my correlations say the matchup is good but be careful with spread .....matchup stats suggest I think its do-able  along with a proven cover over this number vs two better teams than Monmouth on the road in beating Duquesne and Bowling Green

     

    Looking into a couple more....later 

     

    I don't really love anything today...

     

     

     
    Brewmeister
    Brewmeister
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2024
    Posts: 934
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2026 - 6:15 PM ET #109

    @Last2thirst

    Thanks L2T. A tepid response to today's card has me taking a breather and going over to the Fiesta Bowl side of things to maybe parlay some of my winnings into further success there. GO CANES!

    Looking forward to Friday/weekend conference plays with you in NCAAB.

    an_horse

      

    Reply

    @Last2thirst

    Thanks L2T. A tepid response to today's card has me taking a breather and going over to the Fiesta Bowl side of things to maybe parlay some of my winnings into further success there. GO CANES!

    Looking forward to Friday/weekend conference plays with you in NCAAB.

    an_horse

      

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13727
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2026 - 7:52 PM ET #110

    Defense wins championships.....

     

    BIG1O is teaching this and SEC has lost its way with it....I hope they get it back because it does not work against alpha dees in the Playoffs and Miami is an alpha D

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Defense wins championships.....

     

    BIG1O is teaching this and SEC has lost its way with it....I hope they get it back because it does not work against alpha dees in the Playoffs and Miami is an alpha D

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13727
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2026 - 11:17 PM ET #111

    Friday, really only one game hits one of my trends well as a DOUBLE FADE and that is 

     

    Northern Kentucky +3.5 x HALF U

    -ranked higher and positive Point Differential vs Milwaukee with - 5 

    -better offense and defense ....but Milwaukee with the tougher schedule 

    -not in love with this play but its gotta good chance to be close 

     

    I think USC @ Minny is interesting and would do ML ....will look into this ..... 2nd game from west coast...they should be adapted to time zone by now 

     

    Love Miami Ohio....fun story and they are a much better team than Toledo in my opinion but Toledo is a good team and always strong at home

     

     

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Friday, really only one game hits one of my trends well as a DOUBLE FADE and that is 

     

    Northern Kentucky +3.5 x HALF U

    -ranked higher and positive Point Differential vs Milwaukee with - 5 

    -better offense and defense ....but Milwaukee with the tougher schedule 

    -not in love with this play but its gotta good chance to be close 

     

    I think USC @ Minny is interesting and would do ML ....will look into this ..... 2nd game from west coast...they should be adapted to time zone by now 

     

    Love Miami Ohio....fun story and they are a much better team than Toledo in my opinion but Toledo is a good team and always strong at home

     

     

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13727
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2026 - 11:53 PM ET #112

    I just looked at who Toledo has played and lost to....

     

    Miami Ohio -1.5 x 2U

    -I will lay off them if they loose and wait for them to return to a winning streak, until then, full steam ahead when they are on a roll and set up/play better than Toledo does 

    -one look at the defense of Toledo and you will see that the #1 FG and #2 3pt shooting team in NCAAB should not have their offense stalled....and Miami has a good defense

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    I just looked at who Toledo has played and lost to....

     

    Miami Ohio -1.5 x 2U

    -I will lay off them if they loose and wait for them to return to a winning streak, until then, full steam ahead when they are on a roll and set up/play better than Toledo does 

    -one look at the defense of Toledo and you will see that the #1 FG and #2 3pt shooting team in NCAAB should not have their offense stalled....and Miami has a good defense

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13727
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2026 - 10:03 AM ET #113

    USC-Gophers Under 145.5 x HALF U

    -I fully expect USC to be better as they can play with mid pack good teams like Minny is.....who is on a roll here and embracing defense to spur that roll

    - USC only got 50-ish points in both games in Michigan and I can see them raising their output to 60's-low 70's (maybe if they win) and Minny will want to keep the output low as well..... I can see one team score high 60's and the other around 71-74 final 

    -my only concern is, will FTs send it over??, hence the HALF U theory bet 

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    USC-Gophers Under 145.5 x HALF U

    -I fully expect USC to be better as they can play with mid pack good teams like Minny is.....who is on a roll here and embracing defense to spur that roll

    - USC only got 50-ish points in both games in Michigan and I can see them raising their output to 60's-low 70's (maybe if they win) and Minny will want to keep the output low as well..... I can see one team score high 60's and the other around 71-74 final 

    -my only concern is, will FTs send it over??, hence the HALF U theory bet 

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13727
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2026 - 11:15 AM ET #114

    I'll be working on Saturday games and horses the rest of the day..... Indiana- Oregon tonight should be a more open game than their last one but I am not sure if the total is UNDER threat ....I can see a 26-21 type of score or 23 - 20, 23 - 17

     

    Ducks and Hoosiers have 2 of the best coaches in college going at each other, as well as QB's and defense speed reactions so I cannot see too many long plays more than 35yds connecting 

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    I'll be working on Saturday games and horses the rest of the day..... Indiana- Oregon tonight should be a more open game than their last one but I am not sure if the total is UNDER threat ....I can see a 26-21 type of score or 23 - 20, 23 - 17

     

    Ducks and Hoosiers have 2 of the best coaches in college going at each other, as well as QB's and defense speed reactions so I cannot see too many long plays more than 35yds connecting 

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13727
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2026 - 11:59 AM ET #115

    To further add to the UNDER proposition for the Indiana - Ducks game.... Mercedes Benz stadium is NOT prone to very high scoring games for college football or NFL ..... if the teams have a good defense especially and if not, they rarely get over 55 pts 

     

    Ducks and Hoosiers are both Top 10 defenses

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    To further add to the UNDER proposition for the Indiana - Ducks game.... Mercedes Benz stadium is NOT prone to very high scoring games for college football or NFL ..... if the teams have a good defense especially and if not, they rarely get over 55 pts 

     

    Ducks and Hoosiers are both Top 10 defenses

     
    Brewmeister
    Brewmeister
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2024
    Posts: 934
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2026 - 12:18 PM ET #116

    Quote Originally Posted by Last2thirst:

    To further add to the UNDER proposition for the Indiana - Ducks game.... Mercedes Benz stadium is NOT prone to very high scoring games for college football or NFL ..... if the teams have a good defense especially and if not, they rarely get over 55 pts    Ducks and Hoosiers are both Top 10 defenses

    Current indicators are calling for a slight edge to ORE as outright winner. SO, if nothing changes there before just prior to kickoff here's a play...

    ORE +9.5/Under 54.5

    an_horse 

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Last2thirst:

    To further add to the UNDER proposition for the Indiana - Ducks game.... Mercedes Benz stadium is NOT prone to very high scoring games for college football or NFL ..... if the teams have a good defense especially and if not, they rarely get over 55 pts    Ducks and Hoosiers are both Top 10 defenses

    Current indicators are calling for a slight edge to ORE as outright winner. SO, if nothing changes there before just prior to kickoff here's a play...

    ORE +9.5/Under 54.5

    an_horse 

     

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13727
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2026 - 1:15 PM ET #117

    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmeister:

    Quote Originally Posted by Last2thirst: To further add to the UNDER proposition for the Indiana - Ducks game.... Mercedes Benz stadium is NOT prone to very high scoring games for college football or NFL ..... if the teams have a good defense especially and if not, they rarely get over 55 pts    Ducks and Hoosiers are both Top 10 defenses Current indicators are calling for a slight edge to ORE as outright winner. SO, if nothing changes there before just prior to kickoff here's a play... ORE +9.5/Under 54.5

     

    That's a great bet given the talent on the Ducks and who is coaching them.... there will be no blowouts against the Ducks but if there is a team that can blow them out, it would be the Hoosiers and here is why....

     

    Every one of the 4 bye (TOP FOUR) College Playoff teams lost in the two years this format has run EXCEPT for the Hoosiers and they completely dismantled their opponent who was primed to face them....

     

    How prepared and supersonic are the athletes of Indiana with that one game under their belt??? I would now say that they should be top of their game and that is a scary proposition for any team including a well coached and talents Ducks team 

     

    Also, Indiana went into Oregon's backyard at THE ZOO where almost no one wins when the Ducks are a top 20 team and they completely dismantled them despite the Ducks neutering the Nittany Lions on the road themselves a couple/few weeks before....that is how powerful and focused/talented this Indiana team is and that is when I woke up to what some very astute BIG 10 posters were discussing in week 3-4 about Indiana being the top team or could knock Buckeyes off of their mantle

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmeister:

    Quote Originally Posted by Last2thirst: To further add to the UNDER proposition for the Indiana - Ducks game.... Mercedes Benz stadium is NOT prone to very high scoring games for college football or NFL ..... if the teams have a good defense especially and if not, they rarely get over 55 pts    Ducks and Hoosiers are both Top 10 defenses Current indicators are calling for a slight edge to ORE as outright winner. SO, if nothing changes there before just prior to kickoff here's a play... ORE +9.5/Under 54.5

     

    That's a great bet given the talent on the Ducks and who is coaching them.... there will be no blowouts against the Ducks but if there is a team that can blow them out, it would be the Hoosiers and here is why....

     

    Every one of the 4 bye (TOP FOUR) College Playoff teams lost in the two years this format has run EXCEPT for the Hoosiers and they completely dismantled their opponent who was primed to face them....

     

    How prepared and supersonic are the athletes of Indiana with that one game under their belt??? I would now say that they should be top of their game and that is a scary proposition for any team including a well coached and talents Ducks team 

     

    Also, Indiana went into Oregon's backyard at THE ZOO where almost no one wins when the Ducks are a top 20 team and they completely dismantled them despite the Ducks neutering the Nittany Lions on the road themselves a couple/few weeks before....that is how powerful and focused/talented this Indiana team is and that is when I woke up to what some very astute BIG 10 posters were discussing in week 3-4 about Indiana being the top team or could knock Buckeyes off of their mantle

     
    Brewmeister
    Brewmeister
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2024
    Posts: 934
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2026 - 1:40 PM ET #118

    @Last2thirst

    Great stuff L2T. I think you're right - ORE has an outside shot but if Mendezoa gets loose it could be lights out. We'll see.

    Looking forward to your weekend plays in this forum though. BOL as always. 

    Reply

    @Last2thirst

    Great stuff L2T. I think you're right - ORE has an outside shot but if Mendezoa gets loose it could be lights out. We'll see.

    Looking forward to your weekend plays in this forum though. BOL as always. 

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13727
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2026 - 3:11 PM ET #119

    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmeister:

    @Last2thirst Great stuff L2T. I think you're right - ORE has an outside shot but if Mendezoa gets loose it could be lights out. We'll see. Looking forward to your weekend plays in this forum though. BOL as always.

     

    Thanks.

     

    Its not just about Mendoza...he is just 'one' piece ....they have so many pieces and they play together. Its not by chance they are undefeated and now facing a 1 loss team from their conference ....yes its a rematch, but the venue is neutral and a 10 pt win by Indiana in a foreign stadium to them mid season was followed up with similar play the rest of the way and to this point. We like underdog stories, but my money is no longer going to be chasing hopium when a situation like this arises ....great to talk about but I am at a point in my life where risking well matters

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmeister:

    @Last2thirst Great stuff L2T. I think you're right - ORE has an outside shot but if Mendezoa gets loose it could be lights out. We'll see. Looking forward to your weekend plays in this forum though. BOL as always.

     

    Thanks.

     

    Its not just about Mendoza...he is just 'one' piece ....they have so many pieces and they play together. Its not by chance they are undefeated and now facing a 1 loss team from their conference ....yes its a rematch, but the venue is neutral and a 10 pt win by Indiana in a foreign stadium to them mid season was followed up with similar play the rest of the way and to this point. We like underdog stories, but my money is no longer going to be chasing hopium when a situation like this arises ....great to talk about but I am at a point in my life where risking well matters

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13727
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2026 - 6:36 PM ET #120

    While the Miami Ohio game is not over.....

     

    Its a classic case of Vegas OR hedge bettors thinking a 15 - 0 team is DUE to lose.....that it would be a great spot to take the home team here but they did not go into the matchup whatsoever..... these two programs passed each other on the teeter totter last season with Miami OH breaking through winning by 12 and Toledo is weaker than last year, MIAMI stronger and on the up

     

    We will know HOW GOOD when they play Kent St on the 20th ...I think in their building

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    While the Miami Ohio game is not over.....

     

    Its a classic case of Vegas OR hedge bettors thinking a 15 - 0 team is DUE to lose.....that it would be a great spot to take the home team here but they did not go into the matchup whatsoever..... these two programs passed each other on the teeter totter last season with Miami OH breaking through winning by 12 and Toledo is weaker than last year, MIAMI stronger and on the up

     

    We will know HOW GOOD when they play Kent St on the 20th ...I think in their building

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13727
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2026 - 10:38 PM ET #121

    Thursday: 1 - 2  - HALF U << I didn't like yesterday and used only a few things on some local parlays...those tickets got ripped up!

     

    Friday:

    Northern Kentucky +3.5 x HALF U moneybag

    Miami Ohio -1.5 x 2U  moneybagmoneybag

    USC-Gophers Under 145.5 x HALF U <<  this one might go OT ...if not, I have it wrapped up

     

    What's not being shown are the numerous parlays tickets I cashed today finishing 3-4 days of cherrypicking some mixed sport combos....just needed Indiana win and Miami Ohio on a lot of them and mix and mashes using some the others tonight and what I used 2 days ago.... mostly with African Soccer Championships...I follow a lot of soccer and caught onto a couple teams who are monstrously good  as they send a lot of players to the top teams and might surprise at World Cup > Morocco and Senegal....they both won

    Big week for me!

     

    I have two plays ready to go for tomorrow...one I might surprise with how much I am going to lay..... and its one of the last few games of the evening 

     

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Thursday: 1 - 2  - HALF U << I didn't like yesterday and used only a few things on some local parlays...those tickets got ripped up!

     

    Friday:

    Northern Kentucky +3.5 x HALF U moneybag

    Miami Ohio -1.5 x 2U  moneybagmoneybag

    USC-Gophers Under 145.5 x HALF U <<  this one might go OT ...if not, I have it wrapped up

     

    What's not being shown are the numerous parlays tickets I cashed today finishing 3-4 days of cherrypicking some mixed sport combos....just needed Indiana win and Miami Ohio on a lot of them and mix and mashes using some the others tonight and what I used 2 days ago.... mostly with African Soccer Championships...I follow a lot of soccer and caught onto a couple teams who are monstrously good  as they send a lot of players to the top teams and might surprise at World Cup > Morocco and Senegal....they both won

    Big week for me!

     

    I have two plays ready to go for tomorrow...one I might surprise with how much I am going to lay..... and its one of the last few games of the evening 

     

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13727
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2026 - 10:50 PM ET #122

    Saturday  - First Blood bets ....will cap all evening and into the morning to be ready on the whole card, but I must lay these lines before they climb !

     

    Play #1 - Utah St 10 pm -1.5 x 5U ($500)

    -I've had a good week, have some extra cash and I cannot believe this line

    - its the end of the night so if I have a bad day, this could set me back in line....if I am having a middling day....like Saturday can be, and I always forget to press on something, then I can push this into a great day. I am willing to risk that but be careful here following a hot picker lately, it can turn on a dime and I know this and those that follow me see this 

    -better team, better shooters ....similar SOS ....weaker offensive and defensive stats on Boise who are strong on their home court but not lately....losers of 3 of 4 games 

    -Utah St with 6 wins in a row and facing a rival for the Conference championship...they'll be ready and confident with little doubt (unlike Boise) based on their consistent shooting and defense

     

    Play #2 - have to play this also before line change Montana -1.5 x 1U

    -EWU is 2-13 but have had a tough schedule

    -Montana just beat a good Idaho team and are 9-7 on the season ...play well on both sides of the ball but that is not the case with EWU .....Montana has to have a bad shooting game to lose this in my opinion

     

    Probably will have a noon -2 pm game or two added before I head to bed ....

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Saturday  - First Blood bets ....will cap all evening and into the morning to be ready on the whole card, but I must lay these lines before they climb !

     

    Play #1 - Utah St 10 pm -1.5 x 5U ($500)

    -I've had a good week, have some extra cash and I cannot believe this line

    - its the end of the night so if I have a bad day, this could set me back in line....if I am having a middling day....like Saturday can be, and I always forget to press on something, then I can push this into a great day. I am willing to risk that but be careful here following a hot picker lately, it can turn on a dime and I know this and those that follow me see this 

    -better team, better shooters ....similar SOS ....weaker offensive and defensive stats on Boise who are strong on their home court but not lately....losers of 3 of 4 games 

    -Utah St with 6 wins in a row and facing a rival for the Conference championship...they'll be ready and confident with little doubt (unlike Boise) based on their consistent shooting and defense

     

    Play #2 - have to play this also before line change Montana -1.5 x 1U

    -EWU is 2-13 but have had a tough schedule

    -Montana just beat a good Idaho team and are 9-7 on the season ...play well on both sides of the ball but that is not the case with EWU .....Montana has to have a bad shooting game to lose this in my opinion

     

    Probably will have a noon -2 pm game or two added before I head to bed ....

     
    Brewmeister
    Brewmeister
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2024
    Posts: 934
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2026 - 11:44 PM ET #123

    @Last2thirst

    an_cheers 

    Reply

    @Last2thirst

    an_cheers 

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13727
    Posted: Jan. 10, 2026 - 1:56 AM ET #124

    Last couple of days....favorites having a tough go ...but there are still good ones every day

     

    Thursday fave record = 24 - 30 - 3 ATS

    Friday record = 5 - 9 ATS 

     

    I ended Friday +3 U (3 - 0 ) and a pile of parlays worth over $1200 profit that were spread out over 4 days this week some of them while others were 2-3 day plays mixing sports .... Miami Ohio was on a lot of tickets and African soccer playoffs I had 2 teams split up to win on every ticket and they both came through

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Last couple of days....favorites having a tough go ...but there are still good ones every day

     

    Thursday fave record = 24 - 30 - 3 ATS

    Friday record = 5 - 9 ATS 

     

    I ended Friday +3 U (3 - 0 ) and a pile of parlays worth over $1200 profit that were spread out over 4 days this week some of them while others were 2-3 day plays mixing sports .... Miami Ohio was on a lot of tickets and African soccer playoffs I had 2 teams split up to win on every ticket and they both came through

     
     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13727
    Posted: Jan. 10, 2026 - 2:39 AM ET #125

    Play #3 Buffalo +5 x 1U

    -I think they should be favorite based on their strong offense and ability to buckle down and win a lot of games on defense .....Ohio has some shaky defensive stats and they will be lucky to pull away from Buffalo at any point with their offense.....not crazy good

    -both rank correlation and spread are fades strongly against the favorite

     

    I have a couple of more fades to consider and gonna line shop for them....and a couple of faves and same thing....lets see what comes up in the morning or around noon as I am only looking at 12 pm -230 pm games tonight besides my first 2 insta plays that I made 

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Play #3 Buffalo +5 x 1U

    -I think they should be favorite based on their strong offense and ability to buckle down and win a lot of games on defense .....Ohio has some shaky defensive stats and they will be lucky to pull away from Buffalo at any point with their offense.....not crazy good

    -both rank correlation and spread are fades strongly against the favorite

     

    I have a couple of more fades to consider and gonna line shop for them....and a couple of faves and same thing....lets see what comes up in the morning or around noon as I am only looking at 12 pm -230 pm games tonight besides my first 2 insta plays that I made 

    All Forums | College Basketball
    «First Previous 567 ... 353637 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,881
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 442
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,599
    • MLB Playoffs 16,897
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,187
    • PART DEUX 135
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,358
    • Week 6 Money 5,548
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,244
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,145

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.