• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Buccaneers-Cowboys Leans
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Penalty Box

    POLL FOR POSTERS

    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
    superbeets
    innovation
    Hugh_Jorgan
    humbleness1235
    BarneysDad
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1274
    Posts: 80
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
     
    superbeets
    superbeets
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 18771
    Posted: Jul. 16, 2011 - 10:16 PM ET #51

    Quote Originally Posted by innovation:

    did u give him a texas ass whoopin

    It always bigger in TEXAS 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by innovation:

    did u give him a texas ass whoopin

    It always bigger in TEXAS 
     
    innovation
    innovation
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2002
    Posts: 1991
    Posted: Jul. 16, 2011 - 10:22 PM ET #52

    boots on cowboy up
    Reply
    boots on cowboy up
     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Jul. 16, 2011 - 10:35 PM ET #53

    Quote Originally Posted by billysink:


    Threatening the site owner probably eain't that good for your lifespan here either.

    Did it ever cross your mind that BET ED was a garbage out to begin with. I don't know one pro who played at that site.

    Billy … from my limited understanding, Bet Ed was a site similar to Bodog, in that they catered to small players. More serious gamblers didn't care for those books, but that was a mutual feeling.

    While Richsox venting on Beets is flat out stupid, I can fully understand his wrath at Freedom, assuming the stories out there regarding the Covers owner having a financial interest in Bet Ed are true, and i have ample reason to believe they are.

    Covers was often criticized for having Bet Ed their #1 rated book, but yet there Bet Ed remained as the #1 suggested book of Covers.com. This isn't just a conflict of interest, it is down right sleazy, and totally inexcusable. 

    I make these comments with no horse in this race. I have 2 locals, one I've been with for over 30 years, the other for almost 20 years. I might miss out on a line here or there, or pay a little extra juice on occasion, but my money (as well as theirs) is ALWAYS there when it is time to square up. In this day and age, the most important aspect of this entire game is getting paid when you should … the second most important aspect is trust in those you do business with. Who in their right mind can trust anything suggested by Covers ever again???  

    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by billysink:


    Threatening the site owner probably eain't that good for your lifespan here either.

    Did it ever cross your mind that BET ED was a garbage out to begin with. I don't know one pro who played at that site.

    Billy … from my limited understanding, Bet Ed was a site similar to Bodog, in that they catered to small players. More serious gamblers didn't care for those books, but that was a mutual feeling.

    While Richsox venting on Beets is flat out stupid, I can fully understand his wrath at Freedom, assuming the stories out there regarding the Covers owner having a financial interest in Bet Ed are true, and i have ample reason to believe they are.

    Covers was often criticized for having Bet Ed their #1 rated book, but yet there Bet Ed remained as the #1 suggested book of Covers.com. This isn't just a conflict of interest, it is down right sleazy, and totally inexcusable. 

    I make these comments with no horse in this race. I have 2 locals, one I've been with for over 30 years, the other for almost 20 years. I might miss out on a line here or there, or pay a little extra juice on occasion, but my money (as well as theirs) is ALWAYS there when it is time to square up. In this day and age, the most important aspect of this entire game is getting paid when you should … the second most important aspect is trust in those you do business with. Who in their right mind can trust anything suggested by Covers ever again???  

     
    humbleness1235
    humbleness1235
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2010
    Posts: 10185
    Posted: Jul. 16, 2011 - 11:57 PM ET #54

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:


    Billy … from my limited understanding, Bet Ed was a site similar to Bodog, in that they catered to small players. More serious gamblers didn't care for those books, but that was a mutual feeling.

    While Richsox venting on Beets is flat out stupid, I can fully understand his wrath at Freedom, assuming the stories out there regarding the Covers owner having a financial interest in Bet Ed are true, and i have ample reason to believe they are.

    Covers was often criticized for having Bet Ed their #1 rated book, but yet there Bet Ed remained as the #1 suggested book of Covers.com. This isn't just a conflict of interest, it is down right sleazy, and totally inexcusable. 

    I make these comments with no horse in this race. I have 2 locals, one I've been with for over 30 years, the other for almost 20 years. I might miss out on a line here or there, or pay a little extra juice on occasion, but my money (as well as theirs) is ALWAYS there when it is time to square up. In this day and age, the most important aspect of this entire game is getting paid when you should … the second most important aspect is trust in those you do business with. Who in their right mind can trust anything suggested by Covers ever again???  

    SJP WILL SAVE THE DAY...AND RICHIES MONEY
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:


    Billy … from my limited understanding, Bet Ed was a site similar to Bodog, in that they catered to small players. More serious gamblers didn't care for those books, but that was a mutual feeling.

    While Richsox venting on Beets is flat out stupid, I can fully understand his wrath at Freedom, assuming the stories out there regarding the Covers owner having a financial interest in Bet Ed are true, and i have ample reason to believe they are.

    Covers was often criticized for having Bet Ed their #1 rated book, but yet there Bet Ed remained as the #1 suggested book of Covers.com. This isn't just a conflict of interest, it is down right sleazy, and totally inexcusable. 

    I make these comments with no horse in this race. I have 2 locals, one I've been with for over 30 years, the other for almost 20 years. I might miss out on a line here or there, or pay a little extra juice on occasion, but my money (as well as theirs) is ALWAYS there when it is time to square up. In this day and age, the most important aspect of this entire game is getting paid when you should … the second most important aspect is trust in those you do business with. Who in their right mind can trust anything suggested by Covers ever again???  

    SJP WILL SAVE THE DAY...AND RICHIES MONEY
     
    BarneysDad
    BarneysDad
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2004
    Posts: 23615
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2011 - 12:28 AM ET #55

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:


    Billy … from my limited understanding, Bet Ed was a site similar to Bodog, in that they catered to small players. More serious gamblers didn't care for those books, but that was a mutual feeling.

    While Richsox venting on Beets is flat out stupid, I can fully understand his wrath at Freedom, assuming the stories out there regarding the Covers owner having a financial interest in Bet Ed are true, and i have ample reason to believe they are.

    Covers was often criticized for having Bet Ed their #1 rated book, but yet there Bet Ed remained as the #1 suggested book of Covers.com. This isn't just a conflict of interest, it is down right sleazy, and totally inexcusable. 

    I make these comments with no horse in this race. I have 2 locals, one I've been with for over 30 years, the other for almost 20 years. I might miss out on a line here or there, or pay a little extra juice on occasion, but my money (as well as theirs) is ALWAYS there when it is time to square up. In this day and age, the most important aspect of this entire game is getting paid when you should … the second most important aspect is trust in those you do business with. Who in their right mind can trust anything suggested by Covers ever again???  

    I am actually startig to like you.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:


    Billy … from my limited understanding, Bet Ed was a site similar to Bodog, in that they catered to small players. More serious gamblers didn't care for those books, but that was a mutual feeling.

    While Richsox venting on Beets is flat out stupid, I can fully understand his wrath at Freedom, assuming the stories out there regarding the Covers owner having a financial interest in Bet Ed are true, and i have ample reason to believe they are.

    Covers was often criticized for having Bet Ed their #1 rated book, but yet there Bet Ed remained as the #1 suggested book of Covers.com. This isn't just a conflict of interest, it is down right sleazy, and totally inexcusable. 

    I make these comments with no horse in this race. I have 2 locals, one I've been with for over 30 years, the other for almost 20 years. I might miss out on a line here or there, or pay a little extra juice on occasion, but my money (as well as theirs) is ALWAYS there when it is time to square up. In this day and age, the most important aspect of this entire game is getting paid when you should … the second most important aspect is trust in those you do business with. Who in their right mind can trust anything suggested by Covers ever again???  

    I am actually startig to like you.
     
    Crowkillers
    Crowkillers
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 32063
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2011 - 12:30 AM ET #56

    At least when Beted was still in business we didn't have to deal with this Final Fantasy crap playing over and over again...
    Reply
    At least when Beted was still in business we didn't have to deal with this Final Fantasy crap playing over and over again...
     
    Renton
    Renton
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 6307
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2011 - 1:14 AM ET #57

    Quote Originally Posted by weeble5672:



    Well you are free to believe what Calvin (coughcoughscumbagcoughcough) or anyone else tells you.

    True enough.

    I'm a big boy, capable of making my own decisions.

    The question still remains, did Covers ownership also own, or have an interest in Beted.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by weeble5672:



    Well you are free to believe what Calvin (coughcoughscumbagcoughcough) or anyone else tells you.

    True enough.

    I'm a big boy, capable of making my own decisions.

    The question still remains, did Covers ownership also own, or have an interest in Beted.
     
    weeble5672
    weeble5672
    Covers Referee
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 97438
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2011 - 1:18 AM ET #58

    Quote Originally Posted by Renton:


    True enough.

    I'm a big boy, capable of making my own decisions.

    The question still remains, did Covers ownership also own, or have an interest in Beted.


    Well hell...I'm only a mod...even I don't know shit like that.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Renton:


    True enough.

    I'm a big boy, capable of making my own decisions.

    The question still remains, did Covers ownership also own, or have an interest in Beted.


    Well hell...I'm only a mod...even I don't know shit like that.
     
    Crowkillers
    Crowkillers
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 32063
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2011 - 1:23 AM ET #59

    Holy shit... I may be the 1,000,000 visitor...
    Reply
    Holy shit... I may be the 1,000,000 visitor...
     
    Renton
    Renton
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 6307
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2011 - 2:02 AM ET #60

    Quote Originally Posted by weeble5672:



    Well hell...I'm only a mod...even I don't know shit like that.


    You're a good guy Weeble.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by weeble5672:



    Well hell...I'm only a mod...even I don't know shit like that.


    You're a good guy Weeble.
     
    seaweed
    seaweed
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2008
    Posts: 8288
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2011 - 2:08 AM ET #61

    Quote Originally Posted by Crowkillers:

    Holy shit... I may be the 1,000,000 visitor...



    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowkillers:

    Holy shit... I may be the 1,000,000 visitor...



     
    BarneysDad
    BarneysDad
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2004
    Posts: 23615
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2011 - 2:08 AM ET #62

    Quote Originally Posted by Renton:



    You're a good guy Weeble.
    agree
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Renton:



    You're a good guy Weeble.
    agree
     
    seaweed
    seaweed
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2008
    Posts: 8288
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2011 - 2:09 AM ET #63

    Quote Originally Posted by Renton:



    You're a good guy Weeble.


    Renton, can i have your phone number?

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Renton:



    You're a good guy Weeble.


    Renton, can i have your phone number?

     
    Renton
    Renton
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 6307
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2011 - 2:10 AM ET #64

    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed:



    Renton, can i have your phone number?


    I don't swing that way. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed:



    Renton, can i have your phone number?


    I don't swing that way. 
     
    seaweed
    seaweed
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2008
    Posts: 8288
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2011 - 2:14 AM ET #65

    Quote Originally Posted by Renton:


    I don't swing that way. 


    Which way? i just want numbers
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Renton:


    I don't swing that way. 


    Which way? i just want numbers
     
    Renton
    Renton
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 6307
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2011 - 2:16 AM ET #66

    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed:



    Which way? i just want numbers

    This  way.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed:



    Which way? i just want numbers

    This  way.
     
    seaweed
    seaweed
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2008
    Posts: 8288
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2011 - 2:26 AM ET #67

    Quote Originally Posted by Renton:


    This  way.



    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Renton:


    This  way.



     
    Renton
    Renton
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 6307
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2011 - 2:28 AM ET #68

    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed:





    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed:





     
    richsox24
    richsox24
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 216
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2011 - 2:30 AM ET #69

    Quote Originally Posted by Renton:


    True enough.

    I'm a big boy, capable of making my own decisions.

    The question still remains, did Covers ownership also own, or have an interest in Beted.

    YES!!!

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Renton:


    True enough.

    I'm a big boy, capable of making my own decisions.

    The question still remains, did Covers ownership also own, or have an interest in Beted.

    YES!!!

     
    richsox24
    richsox24
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 216
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2011 - 2:31 AM ET #70

    Quote Originally Posted by Renton:


    True enough.

    I'm a big boy, capable of making my own decisions.

    The question still remains, did Covers ownership also own, or have an interest in Beted.

    YES

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Renton:


    True enough.

    I'm a big boy, capable of making my own decisions.

    The question still remains, did Covers ownership also own, or have an interest in Beted.

    YES

     
    superbeets
    superbeets
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 18771
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2011 - 2:37 PM ET #71

    YES
    Reply
    YES
     
    Iw1nBets
    Iw1nBets
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 58493
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2011 - 4:16 PM ET #72

    Glad I helped settle this issue




    ~incarcerated covers mod
    Reply
    Glad I helped settle this issue




    ~incarcerated covers mod
     
    Cyrax
    Cyrax
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 26546
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2011 - 4:21 PM ET #73

    Quote Originally Posted by Crowkillers:

    Holy shit... I may be the 1,000,000 visitor...




    What did you get for being the 1 Million visitor ?  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowkillers:

    Holy shit... I may be the 1,000,000 visitor...




    What did you get for being the 1 Million visitor ?  
     
    billysink
    billysink
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 3688
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2011 - 4:29 PM ET #74

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:


    Billy … from my limited understanding, Bet Ed was a site similar to Bodog, in that they catered to small players. More serious gamblers didn't care for those books, but that was a mutual feeling.

    While Richsox venting on Beets is flat out stupid, I can fully understand his wrath at Freedom, assuming the stories out there regarding the Covers owner having a financial interest in Bet Ed are true, and i have ample reason to believe they are.

    Covers was often criticized for having Bet Ed their #1 rated book, but yet there Bet Ed remained as the #1 suggested book of Covers.com. This isn't just a conflict of interest, it is down right sleazy, and totally inexcusable. 

    I make these comments with no horse in this race. I have 2 locals, one I've been with for over 30 years, the other for almost 20 years. I might miss out on a line here or there, or pay a little extra juice on occasion, but my money (as well as theirs) is ALWAYS there when it is time to square up. In this day and age, the most important aspect of this entire game is getting paid when you should … the second most important aspect is trust in those you do business with. Who in their right mind can trust anything suggested by Covers ever again???  


    I agree with every point made here.

    I think Covers have really given themselves a black eye. From my research into the issue and from talking to a few long time participants from the West Indies area, I think there are more a than a few flames causing the smoke we see here. The truth lies somewhere between the explanation made by this site and that which was offered by others. In know way do any of the facts suggest that Covers is a bystander in the issue.

    I don't have any vested interest either. I have had a little more insight than the average punter into how this stuff works and believe me it ain't pretty.

    Venting on the moderators of the site is not the right thing to do regardless and that was the point I was trying to make.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:


    Billy … from my limited understanding, Bet Ed was a site similar to Bodog, in that they catered to small players. More serious gamblers didn't care for those books, but that was a mutual feeling.

    While Richsox venting on Beets is flat out stupid, I can fully understand his wrath at Freedom, assuming the stories out there regarding the Covers owner having a financial interest in Bet Ed are true, and i have ample reason to believe they are.

    Covers was often criticized for having Bet Ed their #1 rated book, but yet there Bet Ed remained as the #1 suggested book of Covers.com. This isn't just a conflict of interest, it is down right sleazy, and totally inexcusable. 

    I make these comments with no horse in this race. I have 2 locals, one I've been with for over 30 years, the other for almost 20 years. I might miss out on a line here or there, or pay a little extra juice on occasion, but my money (as well as theirs) is ALWAYS there when it is time to square up. In this day and age, the most important aspect of this entire game is getting paid when you should … the second most important aspect is trust in those you do business with. Who in their right mind can trust anything suggested by Covers ever again???  


    I agree with every point made here.

    I think Covers have really given themselves a black eye. From my research into the issue and from talking to a few long time participants from the West Indies area, I think there are more a than a few flames causing the smoke we see here. The truth lies somewhere between the explanation made by this site and that which was offered by others. In know way do any of the facts suggest that Covers is a bystander in the issue.

    I don't have any vested interest either. I have had a little more insight than the average punter into how this stuff works and believe me it ain't pretty.

    Venting on the moderators of the site is not the right thing to do regardless and that was the point I was trying to make.
     
     
    richsox24
    richsox24
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 216
    Posted: Jul. 18, 2011 - 10:50 AM ET #75

    Quote Originally Posted by billysink:


    I agree with every point made here.

    I think Covers have really given themselves a black eye. From my research into the issue and from talking to a few long time participants from the West Indies area, I think there are more a than a few flames causing the smoke we see here. The truth lies somewhere between the explanation made by this site and that which was offered by others. In know way do any of the facts suggest that Covers is a bystander in the issue.

    I don't have any vested interest either. I have had a little more insight than the average punter into how this stuff works and believe me it ain't pretty.

    Venting on the moderators of the site is not the right thing to do regardless and that was the point I was trying to make.

    Since the day that beted closed down and stole everyones money, all covers did is lie and lie and lie some more. 

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by billysink:


    I agree with every point made here.

    I think Covers have really given themselves a black eye. From my research into the issue and from talking to a few long time participants from the West Indies area, I think there are more a than a few flames causing the smoke we see here. The truth lies somewhere between the explanation made by this site and that which was offered by others. In know way do any of the facts suggest that Covers is a bystander in the issue.

    I don't have any vested interest either. I have had a little more insight than the average punter into how this stuff works and believe me it ain't pretty.

    Venting on the moderators of the site is not the right thing to do regardless and that was the point I was trying to make.

    Since the day that beted closed down and stole everyones money, all covers did is lie and lie and lie some more. 

    All Forums | Penalty Box
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Monday 10/05/2026 694
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,275
    • PART DEUX 187
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,728
    • Falcons vs Saints in-game live MNF 1,789
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,811
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 9,657
    • ***Macwesties * Mon. Oct. 05, 2026 * Week #4 * MNF * NFL Football Play*** 3,125
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,610
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 17,721

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.