• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Buccaneers-Cowboys Leans
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | The Archives

    Moving to Vegas to become a full time pro handicapper

    «First Previous 250251252 ... 567568569 Next Last»
    sparty444
    smacksmiter
    Livan33
    collegegambler
    vanzack
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 973052
    Posts: 14201
    «First Previous 250251252 ... 567568569 Next Last»
     
    sparty444
    sparty444
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2005
    Posts: 10039
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 11:28 AM ET #6226

    I wonder which of these usernames is his cousin? 
    Reply
    I wonder which of these usernames is his cousin? 
     
    smacksmiter
    smacksmiter
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2004
    Posts: 14064
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 11:33 AM ET #6227

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Everything you post here is an assumption.

    The only thing that is not an assumption is that he has 3k in living expenses every month.  That is a real, tangible fact.

    So if he wins 3k every month, he is breaking even.

    He has been there a month.  Anything he has lost gambling is added to 3k and that is what his bankroll is.

    What don't you understand about that?

    If he breaks even every month gambling - he has 10 months of living expenses before he is broke.


    Ahh...and there is where you are wrong.  Time is indeed his friend on so many levels.

    28 years old...many years to recover if he fails graduate gambling school.

    Rent paid up until June...THE major expense out of the way.

    No part time job...full time attention to his craft.

    Your attempt to create urgency fails miserably.  With a winning percentage of 57% or higher, time is ALWAYS your friend.  As long as he maintains any form or semblance of "money management" going forward, he can even overcome the $5k failure wager.

    Sounds like he did learn the lesson about the $5k wager idea as he has referred to it as "stupid" several times.  So those of you who say he is NOT taking sound advice may need to adjust your megaphones just a bit.

    Some of this IS getting through to him.  Slowly but surely, it is seeping into his consciousness.


    Let review your statement "Everything you post here is an assumption."

    1.  Nick is 28 years old.  FACT.
    2.  Rent paid up until June.  FACT.
    3.  No part time job.  FACT.
    4.  57% or higher winner rate will be profitable if he does not continue to make 5k losing bets.  FACT
    5.  Nick admitted the 5k be was a mistake multiple times.  FACT.
    6.  For him to admit this was a mistake means he LEARNED FROM HIS EXPERIENCES.  FACT.

    Hmm...I must not understand what an assumption is.  Lets check the definition.

    Assumption. 

    NOUN
    1. a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof:
      "they made certain assumptions about the market"

    I provide facts and never stated that anything was certain to happen. The caveat to my statements are clear.

    What don't you understand about this?

    You certainly appear to be of above average intelligence.  The information you have presented up to now has been overall beneficial and enlightening.

    Nothing hard about this bro.

    PM for the skinny on the down low
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Everything you post here is an assumption.

    The only thing that is not an assumption is that he has 3k in living expenses every month.  That is a real, tangible fact.

    So if he wins 3k every month, he is breaking even.

    He has been there a month.  Anything he has lost gambling is added to 3k and that is what his bankroll is.

    What don't you understand about that?

    If he breaks even every month gambling - he has 10 months of living expenses before he is broke.


    Ahh...and there is where you are wrong.  Time is indeed his friend on so many levels.

    28 years old...many years to recover if he fails graduate gambling school.

    Rent paid up until June...THE major expense out of the way.

    No part time job...full time attention to his craft.

    Your attempt to create urgency fails miserably.  With a winning percentage of 57% or higher, time is ALWAYS your friend.  As long as he maintains any form or semblance of "money management" going forward, he can even overcome the $5k failure wager.

    Sounds like he did learn the lesson about the $5k wager idea as he has referred to it as "stupid" several times.  So those of you who say he is NOT taking sound advice may need to adjust your megaphones just a bit.

    Some of this IS getting through to him.  Slowly but surely, it is seeping into his consciousness.


    Let review your statement "Everything you post here is an assumption."

    1.  Nick is 28 years old.  FACT.
    2.  Rent paid up until June.  FACT.
    3.  No part time job.  FACT.
    4.  57% or higher winner rate will be profitable if he does not continue to make 5k losing bets.  FACT
    5.  Nick admitted the 5k be was a mistake multiple times.  FACT.
    6.  For him to admit this was a mistake means he LEARNED FROM HIS EXPERIENCES.  FACT.

    Hmm...I must not understand what an assumption is.  Lets check the definition.

    Assumption. 

    NOUN
    1. a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof:
      "they made certain assumptions about the market"

    I provide facts and never stated that anything was certain to happen. The caveat to my statements are clear.

    What don't you understand about this?

    You certainly appear to be of above average intelligence.  The information you have presented up to now has been overall beneficial and enlightening.

    Nothing hard about this bro.

     
    Livan33
    Livan33
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 907
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 11:40 AM ET #6228

    Quote Originally Posted by smacksmiter:


    Ahh...and there is where you are wrong.  Time is indeed his friend on so many levels.

    28 years old...many years to recover if he fails graduate gambling school.

    Rent paid up until June...THE major expense out of the way.

    No part time job...full time attention to his craft.

    Your attempt to create urgency fails miserably.  With a winning percentage of 57% or higher, time is ALWAYS your friend.  As long as he maintains any form or semblance of "money management" going forward, he can even overcome the $5k failure wager.

    Sounds like he did learn the lesson about the $5k wager idea as he has referred to it as "stupid" several times.  So those of you who say he is NOT taking sound advice may need to adjust your megaphones just a bit.

    Some of this IS getting through to him.  Slowly but surely, it is seeping into his consciousness.


    Let review your statement "Everything you post here is an assumption."

    1.  Nick is 28 years old.  FACT.
    2.  Rent paid up until June.  FACT.
    3.  No part time job.  FACT.
    4.  57% or higher winner rate will be profitable if he does not continue to make 5k losing bets.  FACT
    5.  Nick admitted the 5k be was a mistake multiple times.  FACT.
    6.  For him to admit this was a mistake means he LEARNED FROM HIS EXPERIENCES.  FACT.

    Hmm...I must not understand what an assumption is.  Lets check the definition.

    Assumption. 

    NOUN
    1. a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof:
      "they made certain assumptions about the market"

    I provide facts and never stated that anything was certain to happen. The caveat to my statements are clear.

    What don't you understand about this?

    You certainly appear to be of above average intelligence.  The information you have presented up to now has been overall beneficial and enlightening.

    Nothing hard about this bro.



    I don't think this was a good move...


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by smacksmiter:


    Ahh...and there is where you are wrong.  Time is indeed his friend on so many levels.

    28 years old...many years to recover if he fails graduate gambling school.

    Rent paid up until June...THE major expense out of the way.

    No part time job...full time attention to his craft.

    Your attempt to create urgency fails miserably.  With a winning percentage of 57% or higher, time is ALWAYS your friend.  As long as he maintains any form or semblance of "money management" going forward, he can even overcome the $5k failure wager.

    Sounds like he did learn the lesson about the $5k wager idea as he has referred to it as "stupid" several times.  So those of you who say he is NOT taking sound advice may need to adjust your megaphones just a bit.

    Some of this IS getting through to him.  Slowly but surely, it is seeping into his consciousness.


    Let review your statement "Everything you post here is an assumption."

    1.  Nick is 28 years old.  FACT.
    2.  Rent paid up until June.  FACT.
    3.  No part time job.  FACT.
    4.  57% or higher winner rate will be profitable if he does not continue to make 5k losing bets.  FACT
    5.  Nick admitted the 5k be was a mistake multiple times.  FACT.
    6.  For him to admit this was a mistake means he LEARNED FROM HIS EXPERIENCES.  FACT.

    Hmm...I must not understand what an assumption is.  Lets check the definition.

    Assumption. 

    NOUN
    1. a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof:
      "they made certain assumptions about the market"

    I provide facts and never stated that anything was certain to happen. The caveat to my statements are clear.

    What don't you understand about this?

    You certainly appear to be of above average intelligence.  The information you have presented up to now has been overall beneficial and enlightening.

    Nothing hard about this bro.



    I don't think this was a good move...


     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 11:43 AM ET #6229

    3/13/15. Just locked two early plays
    Reply
    3/13/15. Just locked two early plays
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 11:44 AM ET #6230

    Michigan Wolverines +14 (-110) $1100/$1000. They stepped up yesterday and are well coached and getting a generous number today
    Reply
    Michigan Wolverines +14 (-110) $1100/$1000. They stepped up yesterday and are well coached and getting a generous number today
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 11:45 AM ET #6231

    Quote Originally Posted by ILPRATO:

    How can anyone live on 3k in these times?

    I would expect more ambition than that.

    That's basically the poverty line.

    Good Luck


    I am taking his word on this.  I am also very skeptical.  And it does not include taxes etc...

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ILPRATO:

    How can anyone live on 3k in these times?

    I would expect more ambition than that.

    That's basically the poverty line.

    Good Luck


    I am taking his word on this.  I am also very skeptical.  And it does not include taxes etc...

     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 11:45 AM ET #6232

    Quote Originally Posted by RodWoman:

    "The greatest player in the world with a ton of talent to back him up."  But they have NO CHANCE to win the title.  None. Tear up the tickets. Put them in the shredder.  You are a comedian deluxe.

    'the advice was there".  Whose advice?  What is your advice worth?

    The guy liked the game.  He thought champs at home catching a couple was a play.  You didn't like the play.  That's fine.  But why can't you leave it alone?


    If you read the thread (you clearly don't, I already addessed this).

    The Cavs as constructed at the beginning of the year would not win the title.

    Now the waters are muddied a bit and it precisely because tanking teams gave their players away.

    Lebron was always the greatest player when I said that and he had a ton of talent around him when I said that. It takes a hell of a lot more than the greatest player and talent to win it all, which by the way they haven't done and I stand by my statement that they won't. I've never backed off that. Who the hell are you to somehow shoot down "CAVS won't win the title" after only 3/4's of the season and no playoff games being played.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by RodWoman:

    "The greatest player in the world with a ton of talent to back him up."  But they have NO CHANCE to win the title.  None. Tear up the tickets. Put them in the shredder.  You are a comedian deluxe.

    'the advice was there".  Whose advice?  What is your advice worth?

    The guy liked the game.  He thought champs at home catching a couple was a play.  You didn't like the play.  That's fine.  But why can't you leave it alone?


    If you read the thread (you clearly don't, I already addessed this).

    The Cavs as constructed at the beginning of the year would not win the title.

    Now the waters are muddied a bit and it precisely because tanking teams gave their players away.

    Lebron was always the greatest player when I said that and he had a ton of talent around him when I said that. It takes a hell of a lot more than the greatest player and talent to win it all, which by the way they haven't done and I stand by my statement that they won't. I've never backed off that. Who the hell are you to somehow shoot down "CAVS won't win the title" after only 3/4's of the season and no playoff games being played.
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 11:46 AM ET #6233

    Purdue Boilermakers -5.5 (-110) $1100/$1000. Great defensive team will shut down psu's threes and then bound them inside with there size offensively down low
    Reply
    Purdue Boilermakers -5.5 (-110) $1100/$1000. Great defensive team will shut down psu's threes and then bound them inside with there size offensively down low
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 11:46 AM ET #6234

    Quote Originally Posted by RodWoman:

      Back-pedal of the year


    Really? I just said I stand by what I said.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by RodWoman:

      Back-pedal of the year


    Really? I just said I stand by what I said.
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 11:47 AM ET #6235

    Quote Originally Posted by Livan33:



    I don't think this was a good move...


    I don't have the energy to rebut.

    But the fact that he calls CG "Nick" is extremely creepy.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Livan33:



    I don't think this was a good move...


    I don't have the energy to rebut.

    But the fact that he calls CG "Nick" is extremely creepy.

     
    RodWoman
    RodWoman
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 1472
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 11:49 AM ET #6236

    Quote Originally Posted by smacksmiter:


    Ahh...and there is where you are wrong.  Time is indeed his friend on so many levels.

    28 years old...many years to recover if he fails graduate gambling school.

    Rent paid up until June...THE major expense out of the way.

    No part time job...full time attention to his craft.

    Your attempt to create urgency fails miserably.  With a winning percentage of 57% or higher, time is ALWAYS your friend.  As long as he maintains any form or semblance of "money management" going forward, he can even overcome the $5k failure wager.

    Sounds like he did learn the lesson about the $5k wager idea as he has referred to it as "stupid" several times.  So those of you who say he is NOT taking sound advice may need to adjust your megaphones just a bit.

    Some of this IS getting through to him.  Slowly but surely, it is seeping into his consciousness.


    Let review your statement "Everything you post here is an assumption."

    1.  Nick is 28 years old.  FACT.
    2.  Rent paid up until June.  FACT.
    3.  No part time job.  FACT.
    4.  57% or higher winner rate will be profitable if he does not continue to make 5k losing bets.  FACT
    5.  Nick admitted the 5k be was a mistake multiple times.  FACT.
    6.  For him to admit this was a mistake means he LEARNED FROM HIS EXPERIENCES.  FACT.

    Hmm...I must not understand what an assumption is.  Lets check the definition.

    Assumption. 

    NOUN
    1. a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof:
      "they made certain assumptions about the market"

    I provide facts and never stated that anything was certain to happen. The caveat to my statements are clear.

    What don't you understand about this?

    You certainly appear to be of above average intelligence.  The information you have presented up to now has been overall beneficial and enlightening.

    Nothing hard about this bro.

      AKV sniped, then got sniped.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by smacksmiter:


    Ahh...and there is where you are wrong.  Time is indeed his friend on so many levels.

    28 years old...many years to recover if he fails graduate gambling school.

    Rent paid up until June...THE major expense out of the way.

    No part time job...full time attention to his craft.

    Your attempt to create urgency fails miserably.  With a winning percentage of 57% or higher, time is ALWAYS your friend.  As long as he maintains any form or semblance of "money management" going forward, he can even overcome the $5k failure wager.

    Sounds like he did learn the lesson about the $5k wager idea as he has referred to it as "stupid" several times.  So those of you who say he is NOT taking sound advice may need to adjust your megaphones just a bit.

    Some of this IS getting through to him.  Slowly but surely, it is seeping into his consciousness.


    Let review your statement "Everything you post here is an assumption."

    1.  Nick is 28 years old.  FACT.
    2.  Rent paid up until June.  FACT.
    3.  No part time job.  FACT.
    4.  57% or higher winner rate will be profitable if he does not continue to make 5k losing bets.  FACT
    5.  Nick admitted the 5k be was a mistake multiple times.  FACT.
    6.  For him to admit this was a mistake means he LEARNED FROM HIS EXPERIENCES.  FACT.

    Hmm...I must not understand what an assumption is.  Lets check the definition.

    Assumption. 

    NOUN
    1. a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof:
      "they made certain assumptions about the market"

    I provide facts and never stated that anything was certain to happen. The caveat to my statements are clear.

    What don't you understand about this?

    You certainly appear to be of above average intelligence.  The information you have presented up to now has been overall beneficial and enlightening.

    Nothing hard about this bro.

      AKV sniped, then got sniped.
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 11:51 AM ET #6237

    Anyone else feel like these are "mad lib" type of write-ups?

    They stepped up yesterday and are well coached and getting a generous number today

    I am anti-writeup.  But if you are going to give one - why bother with a statement like that?

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Anyone else feel like these are "mad lib" type of write-ups?

    They stepped up yesterday and are well coached and getting a generous number today

    I am anti-writeup.  But if you are going to give one - why bother with a statement like that?

     
    Laroja
    Laroja
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 12241
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 11:52 AM ET #6238

    Quote Originally Posted by sparty444:

    I wonder which of these usernames is his cousin? 

    Probably smacksmiter, I especially love his moronic "school of gambling" term.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sparty444:

    I wonder which of these usernames is his cousin? 

    Probably smacksmiter, I especially love his moronic "school of gambling" term.
     
    Theone324
    Theone324
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 18584
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 11:59 AM ET #6239

    CG you going to have more afternoon plays or is that it?
    Reply
    CG you going to have more afternoon plays or is that it?
     
    cjlipe
    cjlipe
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2003
    Posts: 740
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 11:59 AM ET #6240

    Have been following this thread from the start.

    I check the scores for your picks as much as my own. 

    I see posts here that remind me of the dad living his dream through his son. He can't do it so he tries telling the son what to do. It's always easier than actually doing it. "I can't do it but I'll tell you how to do it". 
    Now I know there are some here that are or have been successful in a journey like this and those reads have been interesting to me.

    Scal, man you take lots of heat but I have to admit I like reading what you have to say. 

    CG, what are your goals again? Can't remember. Is it just to stay there and gamble or is there a certain number you want to reach? 
    Week? month? or even daily?
    Reply
    Have been following this thread from the start.

    I check the scores for your picks as much as my own. 

    I see posts here that remind me of the dad living his dream through his son. He can't do it so he tries telling the son what to do. It's always easier than actually doing it. "I can't do it but I'll tell you how to do it". 
    Now I know there are some here that are or have been successful in a journey like this and those reads have been interesting to me.

    Scal, man you take lots of heat but I have to admit I like reading what you have to say. 

    CG, what are your goals again? Can't remember. Is it just to stay there and gamble or is there a certain number you want to reach? 
    Week? month? or even daily?
     
    Laroja
    Laroja
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 12241
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 12:04 PM ET #6241

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Anyone else feel like these are "mad lib" type of write-ups?

    They stepped up yesterday and are well coached and getting a generous number today

    I am anti-writeup.  But if you are going to give one - why bother with a statement like that?


              His write-ups are dogsh1t likely because he doesn't know much about basketball. Real professional cappers looking extensively into player match-ups, coaching schemes, trends while extensively using many different types of computer software. Which is why they are able to hit around 55% long term and make a living. 

              CG isn't nearly as good of any of those guys; then factor in his horrible bet sizing, anger issues and the tendency to chase. You should win your 5k bet (if he even decides to pay you) around the middle of May.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Anyone else feel like these are "mad lib" type of write-ups?

    They stepped up yesterday and are well coached and getting a generous number today

    I am anti-writeup.  But if you are going to give one - why bother with a statement like that?


              His write-ups are dogsh1t likely because he doesn't know much about basketball. Real professional cappers looking extensively into player match-ups, coaching schemes, trends while extensively using many different types of computer software. Which is why they are able to hit around 55% long term and make a living. 

              CG isn't nearly as good of any of those guys; then factor in his horrible bet sizing, anger issues and the tendency to chase. You should win your 5k bet (if he even decides to pay you) around the middle of May.
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 12:15 PM ET #6242

    Quote Originally Posted by cjlipe:

    Have been following this thread from the start.

    I check the scores for your picks as much as my own. 

    I see posts here that remind me of the dad living his dream through his son. He can't do it so he tries telling the son what to do. It's always easier than actually doing it. "I can't do it but I'll tell you how to do it". 
    Now I know there are some here that are or have been successful in a journey like this and those reads have been interesting to me.

    Scal, man you take lots of heat but I have to admit I like reading what you have to say. 

    CG, what are your goals again? Can't remember. Is it just to stay there and gamble or is there a certain number you want to reach? 
    Week? month? or even daily?

    Good post.

    As to the last paragraph - those of us giving advice (me included) have asked those questions over and over and over.

    To me - this is the most troubling - and the one thing that I feel is more critical to get straight before doing anything further.  Picks?  Who cares unless you know what you are actually trying to accomplish.

    But so far - radio silence from CG.  Its more about picks.  Having winning days.  Bad beats.  MILFs and tilapia.  Emotional staking sizes.  Funny vids and stories.

    But nothing about goals.  No analysis of what it takes to keep the empire up and running.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by cjlipe:

    Have been following this thread from the start.

    I check the scores for your picks as much as my own. 

    I see posts here that remind me of the dad living his dream through his son. He can't do it so he tries telling the son what to do. It's always easier than actually doing it. "I can't do it but I'll tell you how to do it". 
    Now I know there are some here that are or have been successful in a journey like this and those reads have been interesting to me.

    Scal, man you take lots of heat but I have to admit I like reading what you have to say. 

    CG, what are your goals again? Can't remember. Is it just to stay there and gamble or is there a certain number you want to reach? 
    Week? month? or even daily?

    Good post.

    As to the last paragraph - those of us giving advice (me included) have asked those questions over and over and over.

    To me - this is the most troubling - and the one thing that I feel is more critical to get straight before doing anything further.  Picks?  Who cares unless you know what you are actually trying to accomplish.

    But so far - radio silence from CG.  Its more about picks.  Having winning days.  Bad beats.  MILFs and tilapia.  Emotional staking sizes.  Funny vids and stories.

    But nothing about goals.  No analysis of what it takes to keep the empire up and running.

     
    RodWoman
    RodWoman
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 1472
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 12:16 PM ET #6243

    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:


    If you read the thread (you clearly don't, I already addessed this).

    The Cavs as constructed at the beginning of the year would not win the title.

    Now the waters are muddied a bit and it precisely because tanking teams gave their players away.

    Lebron was always the greatest player when I said that and he had a ton of talent around him when I said that. It takes a hell of a lot more than the greatest player and talent to win it all, which by the way they haven't done and I stand by my statement that they won't. I've never backed off that. Who the hell are you to somehow shoot down "CAVS won't win the title" after only 3/4's of the season and no playoff games being played.
      I think you were saying the shredder thing 2-3 weeks ago.  Am I wrong?  Anybody can say any team won't win and be right most of the time.  But NO CHANCE? Put tickets in shredder? Way stronger statements.  I don't know who is going to win, but I would never say a contender has no chance, especially with "greatest player on planet and ton of talent to back him up".
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:


    If you read the thread (you clearly don't, I already addessed this).

    The Cavs as constructed at the beginning of the year would not win the title.

    Now the waters are muddied a bit and it precisely because tanking teams gave their players away.

    Lebron was always the greatest player when I said that and he had a ton of talent around him when I said that. It takes a hell of a lot more than the greatest player and talent to win it all, which by the way they haven't done and I stand by my statement that they won't. I've never backed off that. Who the hell are you to somehow shoot down "CAVS won't win the title" after only 3/4's of the season and no playoff games being played.
      I think you were saying the shredder thing 2-3 weeks ago.  Am I wrong?  Anybody can say any team won't win and be right most of the time.  But NO CHANCE? Put tickets in shredder? Way stronger statements.  I don't know who is going to win, but I would never say a contender has no chance, especially with "greatest player on planet and ton of talent to back him up".
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 12:23 PM ET #6244

    Quote Originally Posted by Laroja:


              His write-ups are dogsh1t likely because he doesn't know much about basketball. Real professional cappers looking extensively into player match-ups, coaching schemes, trends while extensively using many different types of computer software. Which is why they are able to hit around 55% long term and make a living. 

              CG isn't nearly as good of any of those guys; then factor in his horrible bet sizing, anger issues and the tendency to chase. You should win your 5k bet (if he even decides to pay you) around the middle of May.

    The bet is with a buddy of mine.  And it will be paid.  We have money going back and forth constantly.

    He is a lurker in this thread.  He says he wakes up thinking about it.  So funny.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Laroja:


              His write-ups are dogsh1t likely because he doesn't know much about basketball. Real professional cappers looking extensively into player match-ups, coaching schemes, trends while extensively using many different types of computer software. Which is why they are able to hit around 55% long term and make a living. 

              CG isn't nearly as good of any of those guys; then factor in his horrible bet sizing, anger issues and the tendency to chase. You should win your 5k bet (if he even decides to pay you) around the middle of May.

    The bet is with a buddy of mine.  And it will be paid.  We have money going back and forth constantly.

    He is a lurker in this thread.  He says he wakes up thinking about it.  So funny.

     
    RodWoman
    RodWoman
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 1472
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 12:26 PM ET #6245

    Quote Originally Posted by Laroja:


              His write-ups are dogsh1t likely because he doesn't know much about basketball. Real professional cappers looking extensively into player match-ups, coaching schemes, trends while extensively using many different types of computer software. Which is why they are able to hit around 55% long term and make a living. 

              CG isn't nearly as good of any of those guys; then factor in his horrible bet sizing, anger issues and the tendency to chase. You should win your 5k bet (if he even decides to pay you) around the middle of May.
      Have you seen Scalabrine's write-ups? Player match-ups, coaching schemes, trends, and much more. But sometimes they are no more effective than mad libs (being kind to Scalabrine). Nick said he hit 60% in football and has done 55% in Vegas. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Laroja:


              His write-ups are dogsh1t likely because he doesn't know much about basketball. Real professional cappers looking extensively into player match-ups, coaching schemes, trends while extensively using many different types of computer software. Which is why they are able to hit around 55% long term and make a living. 

              CG isn't nearly as good of any of those guys; then factor in his horrible bet sizing, anger issues and the tendency to chase. You should win your 5k bet (if he even decides to pay you) around the middle of May.
      Have you seen Scalabrine's write-ups? Player match-ups, coaching schemes, trends, and much more. But sometimes they are no more effective than mad libs (being kind to Scalabrine). Nick said he hit 60% in football and has done 55% in Vegas. 
     
    BigWilly
    BigWilly
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2007
    Posts: 858
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 12:26 PM ET #6246

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Good post.

    As to the last paragraph - those of us giving advice (me included) have asked those questions over and over and over.

    To me - this is the most troubling - and the one thing that I feel is more critical to get straight before doing anything further.  Picks?  Who cares unless you know what you are actually trying to accomplish.

    But so far - radio silence from CG.  Its more about picks.  Having winning days.  Bad beats.  MILFs and tilapia.  Emotional staking sizes.  Funny vids and stories.

    But nothing about goals.  No analysis of what it takes to keep the empire up and running.


    vanzack why are you having trouble understanding what he is doing.  He needed a change in his life and wanted to do somehting he always wanted move to vegas and gamble.  He wants to enjoy himself with the vids milfs etc.  You are so fixated on his process.  Let him have fun I think thats all he is trying to do

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Good post.

    As to the last paragraph - those of us giving advice (me included) have asked those questions over and over and over.

    To me - this is the most troubling - and the one thing that I feel is more critical to get straight before doing anything further.  Picks?  Who cares unless you know what you are actually trying to accomplish.

    But so far - radio silence from CG.  Its more about picks.  Having winning days.  Bad beats.  MILFs and tilapia.  Emotional staking sizes.  Funny vids and stories.

    But nothing about goals.  No analysis of what it takes to keep the empire up and running.


    vanzack why are you having trouble understanding what he is doing.  He needed a change in his life and wanted to do somehting he always wanted move to vegas and gamble.  He wants to enjoy himself with the vids milfs etc.  You are so fixated on his process.  Let him have fun I think thats all he is trying to do

     
    KennyWoo
    KennyWoo
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 2510
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 12:26 PM ET #6247

    Quote Originally Posted by Theone324:

    CG you going to have more afternoon plays or is that it?

    If recent days are an indicator, that will be dependent on the results of the early games.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Theone324:

    CG you going to have more afternoon plays or is that it?

    If recent days are an indicator, that will be dependent on the results of the early games.
     
    DiverRon
    DiverRon
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 3837
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 12:32 PM ET #6248

    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

    Oh look.

    Kentucky -13.5 vs. Florida today.

    I wonder if he'll bring his family back out for another joyous occasion of end of game free throws to get within the spread with the incomparable host who is their son.

     

    Scal,

    At first I was a bit upset with how you're ragging CG hard
    but now I really really enjoy reading your posts and find
    myself laughing hysterically at times!!!
    God forgive me for saying this: but keep up the sarcasm!


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

    Oh look.

    Kentucky -13.5 vs. Florida today.

    I wonder if he'll bring his family back out for another joyous occasion of end of game free throws to get within the spread with the incomparable host who is their son.

     

    Scal,

    At first I was a bit upset with how you're ragging CG hard
    but now I really really enjoy reading your posts and find
    myself laughing hysterically at times!!!
    God forgive me for saying this: but keep up the sarcasm!


     
    bk1374
    bk1374
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 7891
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 12:33 PM ET #6249

    I'll root for CG to win this Michigan bet, but I do need Wisky to win B10 on a future.  That being said, I really want to see Michigan get their a$$es kicked for wearing those f&&&king stupid jerseys.  
    Reply
    I'll root for CG to win this Michigan bet, but I do need Wisky to win B10 on a future.  That being said, I really want to see Michigan get their a$$es kicked for wearing those f&&&king stupid jerseys.  
     
     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2015 - 12:37 PM ET #6250

    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:


    If you read the thread (you clearly don't, I already addessed this).

    The Cavs as constructed at the beginning of the year would not win the title.

    Now the waters are muddied a bit and it precisely because tanking teams gave their players away.

    Lebron was always the greatest player when I said that and he had a ton of talent around him when I said that. It takes a hell of a lot more than the greatest player and talent to win it all, which by the way they haven't done and I stand by my statement that they won't. I've never backed off that. Who the hell are you to somehow shoot down "CAVS won't win the title" after only 3/4's of the season and no playoff games being played.


    Didn't you take the Knicks over 40 wins?    Can't find the old thread
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:


    If you read the thread (you clearly don't, I already addessed this).

    The Cavs as constructed at the beginning of the year would not win the title.

    Now the waters are muddied a bit and it precisely because tanking teams gave their players away.

    Lebron was always the greatest player when I said that and he had a ton of talent around him when I said that. It takes a hell of a lot more than the greatest player and talent to win it all, which by the way they haven't done and I stand by my statement that they won't. I've never backed off that. Who the hell are you to somehow shoot down "CAVS won't win the title" after only 3/4's of the season and no playoff games being played.


    Didn't you take the Knicks over 40 wins?    Can't find the old thread
    All Forums | The Archives
    «First Previous 250251252 ... 567568569 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,576
    • Monday 10/05/2026 690
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,274
    • PART DEUX 174
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,718
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,787
    • Falcons vs Saints in-game live MNF 1,714
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 9,653
    • ***Macwesties * Mon. Oct. 05, 2026 * Week #4 * MNF * NFL Football Play*** 3,040
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,590

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.