• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Pro Football

    New Orleans at Indianapolis (02/07/2010)

    «First Previous 678 ... 131415 Next Last»
    Spytheweb
    808pickyboy
    Tex-101
    rekamyenoM
    bigcat33
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 36266
    Posts: 351
    «First Previous 678 ... 131415 Next Last»
     
    Spytheweb
    Spytheweb
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2003
    Posts: 954
    Posted: Feb. 1, 2010 - 5:02 AM ET #126

    The Saints must play better to beat the Colts
    New Orleans has fielded a ball-hawking defense all season. So they deserve plenty of credit for forcing five turnovers (2 INT, 3 fumbles) … of course, Adrian Peterson deserves plenty of blame for kicking the ball away at every possible moment.
     
    But those turnovers were the only thing that separated the Saints from a double-digit blowout loss at home.
    • The Vikings gained more on the ground (165-68)
    • The Vikings gained more yards through the air (310-197)
    • The Vikings averaged more yards per play (5.8 to 4.7)
    • The Vikings were better on third downs (58% to 25%)
    The Saints scored more points. But they won’t score more points against the Colts with those same numbers, and you can no longer count on Peyton Manning to cough up a couple picks in a big game. That crown still belongs on the head of BrettFavre.

    -CHFF
    Good teams win games, Great teams cover the spread!
    Reply
    The Saints must play better to beat the Colts
    New Orleans has fielded a ball-hawking defense all season. So they deserve plenty of credit for forcing five turnovers (2 INT, 3 fumbles) … of course, Adrian Peterson deserves plenty of blame for kicking the ball away at every possible moment.
     
    But those turnovers were the only thing that separated the Saints from a double-digit blowout loss at home.
    • The Vikings gained more on the ground (165-68)
    • The Vikings gained more yards through the air (310-197)
    • The Vikings averaged more yards per play (5.8 to 4.7)
    • The Vikings were better on third downs (58% to 25%)
    The Saints scored more points. But they won’t score more points against the Colts with those same numbers, and you can no longer count on Peyton Manning to cough up a couple picks in a big game. That crown still belongs on the head of BrettFavre.

    -CHFF
     
    808pickyboy
    808pickyboy
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 537
    Posted: Feb. 1, 2010 - 6:58 AM ET #127

    If this years performance in the Super Bowl by both teams as exciting and outstanding as it was last year, I will once in my life try to make a live one while I'm alive cause all this talk about the Saints being beaten is killing me. I don't know what else to say but come Sunday, The Saints speak for them selves and the Who Dats will be in Burboun St. partying as if it was "Mardi Gras". I only wish I could be there cause I'm sure it will be better than Miami has to offer at that time when the Saints Drew Brees and Coach Sean Peyton lift that trophy of acknowledgement of Saints being the 2009 NFL Champions. 

    "Do Not" I repeat "Do Not "waste your hard earned money on the obvious sucker bet and that would be laying the points for Indi. This game could go both ways but the smart play is Saints +5.5.

         Every Super Bowl in the last 3 years came down to "who wants it more" and every big game this year came down to "who has the better QB". By QB rating I think we know who wins that category. These 2 guys have showed us all year long that they can score on any defense they go up against. Yes, have respect for the "D" but stopping these two from scoring 30 points each for their team is a hard one to swallow. If you don't see the "OVER" do not play the O/U. There will be a lot of scoring in this game. Both offense and defense will see the End Zone. 30 points is merely a TD per quarter (15 minutes) and if these two offenses aren't capable of such then they should have not been ranked #1 and #2 in total offense for most of the season if not all season long.

         It is the Saints that wants this more no doubt and by the looks of it, Vegas has the majority beat already.

      Saints by 6  and definitely leaning the over. I see this game going over 40 by Half Time. I don't see any let up by both teams even if the points are lop sided in the 3rd.

                   Enjoy the game and good luck. 808PickyBoy
    Reply
    If this years performance in the Super Bowl by both teams as exciting and outstanding as it was last year, I will once in my life try to make a live one while I'm alive cause all this talk about the Saints being beaten is killing me. I don't know what else to say but come Sunday, The Saints speak for them selves and the Who Dats will be in Burboun St. partying as if it was "Mardi Gras". I only wish I could be there cause I'm sure it will be better than Miami has to offer at that time when the Saints Drew Brees and Coach Sean Peyton lift that trophy of acknowledgement of Saints being the 2009 NFL Champions. 

    "Do Not" I repeat "Do Not "waste your hard earned money on the obvious sucker bet and that would be laying the points for Indi. This game could go both ways but the smart play is Saints +5.5.

         Every Super Bowl in the last 3 years came down to "who wants it more" and every big game this year came down to "who has the better QB". By QB rating I think we know who wins that category. These 2 guys have showed us all year long that they can score on any defense they go up against. Yes, have respect for the "D" but stopping these two from scoring 30 points each for their team is a hard one to swallow. If you don't see the "OVER" do not play the O/U. There will be a lot of scoring in this game. Both offense and defense will see the End Zone. 30 points is merely a TD per quarter (15 minutes) and if these two offenses aren't capable of such then they should have not been ranked #1 and #2 in total offense for most of the season if not all season long.

         It is the Saints that wants this more no doubt and by the looks of it, Vegas has the majority beat already.

      Saints by 6  and definitely leaning the over. I see this game going over 40 by Half Time. I don't see any let up by both teams even if the points are lop sided in the 3rd.

                   Enjoy the game and good luck. 808PickyBoy
     
    Tex-101
    Tex-101
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 1592
    Posted: Feb. 1, 2010 - 10:31 AM ET #128

    Same page Colonel Jim.  I made the decision in the 1st half of the Saints/Minny game that if the Saints played Indy in the SB, I was taking Indy.  Just way, way too many penalties for the Saints in every game.  Also, the Indy defense is better than most think and most certainly better than Minny.  Throw away the Dolphins game and Indy has one of the best run defenses out there.  I just don't see the Saints stopping whatever Manning wants to do.  I believe this will be a very workman like, efficient, and convincing win.

    Indy -5'
    Under 56'

    Is anyone keeping track of what the "regulars" pick like past years?

    Gl all, Tex
    Reply
    Same page Colonel Jim.  I made the decision in the 1st half of the Saints/Minny game that if the Saints played Indy in the SB, I was taking Indy.  Just way, way too many penalties for the Saints in every game.  Also, the Indy defense is better than most think and most certainly better than Minny.  Throw away the Dolphins game and Indy has one of the best run defenses out there.  I just don't see the Saints stopping whatever Manning wants to do.  I believe this will be a very workman like, efficient, and convincing win.

    Indy -5'
    Under 56'

    Is anyone keeping track of what the "regulars" pick like past years?

    Gl all, Tex
     
    rekamyenoM
    rekamyenoM
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 20863
    Posted: Feb. 1, 2010 - 1:23 PM ET #129

    Quote Originally Posted by SEC_CHEF:

    Dwight Freeney, pulled a ligament in his ankle.  Question?  When and how did this happen?

    Will it affect the game?...maybe, yeah to a certain extent...but Manning still wins.  Saints D coach (Williams) gives him/them bulletin board material.  and lets be honest, the only chance the saints have is smacking Manning around...but it would have been better if the ole D coach would have not said a thing and inserted into the game.  One has to think that the colts are going to plan a little extra harder to prepare for this attack, and work on Manning releasing the ball quickly...NOT THAT HE HAS A PROBLEM WITH THAT ALREADY.

    Love the Colts to win, probably going to pull the trigger @ -5, but Brees is a great QB & has an arsenal to spread the ball to...Gotta wonder how Freeney's injury hurts the team.

    I will say this... I used to be a big runner and I have torn ligaments in both feet.  I could barely walk, but went to the dr, got some prednisone and 1 week later I was fine.


    Colts Win, probably going to lay the points.






     No Freeny and the points will drop.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by SEC_CHEF:

    Dwight Freeney, pulled a ligament in his ankle.  Question?  When and how did this happen?

    Will it affect the game?...maybe, yeah to a certain extent...but Manning still wins.  Saints D coach (Williams) gives him/them bulletin board material.  and lets be honest, the only chance the saints have is smacking Manning around...but it would have been better if the ole D coach would have not said a thing and inserted into the game.  One has to think that the colts are going to plan a little extra harder to prepare for this attack, and work on Manning releasing the ball quickly...NOT THAT HE HAS A PROBLEM WITH THAT ALREADY.

    Love the Colts to win, probably going to pull the trigger @ -5, but Brees is a great QB & has an arsenal to spread the ball to...Gotta wonder how Freeney's injury hurts the team.

    I will say this... I used to be a big runner and I have torn ligaments in both feet.  I could barely walk, but went to the dr, got some prednisone and 1 week later I was fine.


    Colts Win, probably going to lay the points.






     No Freeny and the points will drop.

     
    bigcat33
    bigcat33
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 95
    Posted: Feb. 1, 2010 - 1:36 PM ET #130

    Anyone know the weather forecast for Sunday?

    Manning scored 29 points against Chicago in a torrential downpour.

    Reply

    Anyone know the weather forecast for Sunday?

    Manning scored 29 points against Chicago in a torrential downpour.

     
    BreakaBookie
    BreakaBookie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 1743
    Posted: Feb. 1, 2010 - 1:50 PM ET #131

    I'm taking the Colts Moneyline.... I locked in a very small wager when the line opened.... now I'll wait for the public to jump on the Saints, wait until the moneyline drops again, and bet the Colts ML....

    last year I took the PITT ML, and shitted my pants several times...

    The year prior I took the GMEN, getting 7.5..... (I wish I took the ML)

    The year prior I took the COLTS ML..... I was a little nervous when Hester ran the kick back....

    the last superbowl I lost was when I bet Rich Gannon and the Raiders.... I wish I could have that one back LOL.....

     

    though my playoff record is atrousious every year, and every year I never learn and continue to bet through the playoffs, I am very good at capping the superbowl...

    I have a strong feeling that the COLTS will win the game, but I see a backdoor cover happening, so I'm not laying any points....

    Manning Beats the Blitz

    Colts 31

    Saints 24

    GL TO ALL....

     

     

    Reply

    I'm taking the Colts Moneyline.... I locked in a very small wager when the line opened.... now I'll wait for the public to jump on the Saints, wait until the moneyline drops again, and bet the Colts ML....

    last year I took the PITT ML, and shitted my pants several times...

    The year prior I took the GMEN, getting 7.5..... (I wish I took the ML)

    The year prior I took the COLTS ML..... I was a little nervous when Hester ran the kick back....

    the last superbowl I lost was when I bet Rich Gannon and the Raiders.... I wish I could have that one back LOL.....

     

    though my playoff record is atrousious every year, and every year I never learn and continue to bet through the playoffs, I am very good at capping the superbowl...

    I have a strong feeling that the COLTS will win the game, but I see a backdoor cover happening, so I'm not laying any points....

    Manning Beats the Blitz

    Colts 31

    Saints 24

    GL TO ALL....

     

     

     
    BreakaBookie
    BreakaBookie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 1743
    Posted: Feb. 1, 2010 - 2:10 PM ET #132

    On the Road...

    Saints

    Philly (no McNabb, Kolb threw 3 picks)
    Buff
    Miami
    STL
    TB
    WASH
    ATL (no Ryan)
    Carolina (starters didn't play)

    INDY

    Miami
    Zona
    Tenn
    STL
    BAL
    HOU
    JAX
    Buff (starters didn't play)

    In my opinion.... the Colts are more "road tested".... Saints didn't really have a tough team to play on the road the whole season... all of their tough competition came to New Orleans....

    if you take out the crowd noise of the Superdome, their defense is not nearly as good....

     

    GL TO ALL!

    Reply

    On the Road...

    Saints

    Philly (no McNabb, Kolb threw 3 picks)
    Buff
    Miami
    STL
    TB
    WASH
    ATL (no Ryan)
    Carolina (starters didn't play)

    INDY

    Miami
    Zona
    Tenn
    STL
    BAL
    HOU
    JAX
    Buff (starters didn't play)

    In my opinion.... the Colts are more "road tested".... Saints didn't really have a tough team to play on the road the whole season... all of their tough competition came to New Orleans....

    if you take out the crowd noise of the Superdome, their defense is not nearly as good....

     

    GL TO ALL!

     
    Ernst-Y
    Ernst-Y
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2010
    Posts: 1
    Posted: Feb. 1, 2010 - 2:45 PM ET #133

    Playoff record amongst "regulars " .Rookies and above,who posted 
    4 or more times during playoffs. Spread + over unders play. 


    rekamyenok: 5-5
    breakabookie: 5-6
    rockdog:5-2
    jgenti:5-2
    irisheyez:5-7
    easypics:7-2
    philly215:5-11
    bkg1010:3-7
    bigdaddyhpd:5-2
    coljim:6-10
    wiseguy:4-6
    toronto:2-3
    mrmannix:6-6
    radiators:8-6
    phancard:3-3
    snowjocky:0-5
    bustn2night:3-3
    Reply
    Playoff record amongst "regulars " .Rookies and above,who posted 
    4 or more times during playoffs. Spread + over unders play. 


    rekamyenok: 5-5
    breakabookie: 5-6
    rockdog:5-2
    jgenti:5-2
    irisheyez:5-7
    easypics:7-2
    philly215:5-11
    bkg1010:3-7
    bigdaddyhpd:5-2
    coljim:6-10
    wiseguy:4-6
    toronto:2-3
    mrmannix:6-6
    radiators:8-6
    phancard:3-3
    snowjocky:0-5
    bustn2night:3-3
     
    BreakaBookie
    BreakaBookie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 1743
    Posted: Feb. 1, 2010 - 3:48 PM ET #134

    5-6????

    that number does no justice for the beating I took this post-season....

    had it not been for the OVER of the Saints/Vikes game, I may not be betting superbowl

    Reply

    5-6????

    that number does no justice for the beating I took this post-season....

    had it not been for the OVER of the Saints/Vikes game, I may not be betting superbowl

     
    Tex-101
    Tex-101
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 1592
    Posted: Feb. 1, 2010 - 6:20 PM ET #135

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernst-Y:

    Playoff record amongst "regulars " .Rookies and above,who posted 
    4 or more times during playoffs. Spread + over unders play. 


    rekamyenok: 5-5
    breakabookie: 5-6
    rockdog:5-2
    jgenti:5-2
    irisheyez:5-7
    easypics:7-2
    philly215:5-11
    bkg1010:3-7
    bigdaddyhpd:5-2
    coljim:6-10
    wiseguy:4-6
    toronto:2-3
    mrmannix:6-6
    radiators:8-6
    phancard:3-3
    snowjocky:0-5
    bustn2night:3-3


    I wasn't included.  Not that it matters.  I certainly don't need reminding of my 4-6 playoff record.  Needless to say, I have Indy -5' and under 56'.

    Anyway, nice job on putting it together, now how about all of our picks on the SB?

    Tex
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernst-Y:

    Playoff record amongst "regulars " .Rookies and above,who posted 
    4 or more times during playoffs. Spread + over unders play. 


    rekamyenok: 5-5
    breakabookie: 5-6
    rockdog:5-2
    jgenti:5-2
    irisheyez:5-7
    easypics:7-2
    philly215:5-11
    bkg1010:3-7
    bigdaddyhpd:5-2
    coljim:6-10
    wiseguy:4-6
    toronto:2-3
    mrmannix:6-6
    radiators:8-6
    phancard:3-3
    snowjocky:0-5
    bustn2night:3-3


    I wasn't included.  Not that it matters.  I certainly don't need reminding of my 4-6 playoff record.  Needless to say, I have Indy -5' and under 56'.

    Anyway, nice job on putting it together, now how about all of our picks on the SB?

    Tex
     
    FlyHi
    FlyHi
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 57
    Posted: Feb. 1, 2010 - 7:30 PM ET #136

    Interesting that the first and only middle through 10 playoff games came in New Orleans - I thought the Vikes would have kicked a fg earlier and lost 28-24, losing ATS and keeping the game under.  Clearly now everyone takes the over for the Super Bowl, so i agree totally with all the under posters, that is the play.

    Also, remember this game is neutral field, so Indy has no business giving 6, at best they should be laying 2.5, as there is no way the Saints would be a home dog if in N.O., and the Colts would lay 6 at best in Indy.  Anyway, watch out for the disinformation media coming this week - current soundbite is that Freeney may not play, contributing to more Saint points toward a cover and an over.  The Saints, while they do have game for sure, are "happy to be there", and the New Orleans economy got a needed shot in the arm with their NFC title.  But Peyton is already on the back nine of his career, and he will not let this chance for ring # 2 and official elevation to superstar status (i.e. Elway, Brady, etc) go to waste.  The books will be pushing to get late money on New Orleans getting almost a touchdown, but the Colts will cover and go under.  Remember that Broncos / Falcons game 10 years or so back - spread was 7 for 2 weeks and went to 8 day before with a lot of sharp money - Broncos were up by 21 with 2 minutes to play, then Atlanta scored and "botched" the over (hint, hint) by missing a 2-point conversion - final result Denver and the under.  Look for a repeat here, although the 2 TD gap is the largest I see - N.O. should not embarass themselves.  I look for the kickers to see action, maybe at least 2 FG each.

    More towards the conspiracy theory (rebuttal welcome, but this really works), New Orleans is now 1-1 ATS in the playoffs, therefore "disqualified" from being a single or dual 3-0 ATS team in the playoffs.  Thanks to only one middle so far, nobody else can qualify - the Vikes went 2-0 but are done.  Hey, i'm not saying i love this - i thought San Diego would go all the way but only cover 1 out of 3, but that didn't happen.

    If someone out there is counting, i am standing by a Colts ATS / under pick, although admittedly i don't feel as strong about this as other years.  Also a note to beware to teaser bettors - the best "easy money" play out there looks like a 6 pointer, so something like Indy Pik-Em and over 50.  For that reason, i think a final of 27-20 or even 30-20 could come to pass.  Remember, the man wants to make money on this one, now there is not even a forward Pro Bowl to get some money on the following week.

    GL everyone - don't bet the house on my pick!

    Reply

    Interesting that the first and only middle through 10 playoff games came in New Orleans - I thought the Vikes would have kicked a fg earlier and lost 28-24, losing ATS and keeping the game under.  Clearly now everyone takes the over for the Super Bowl, so i agree totally with all the under posters, that is the play.

    Also, remember this game is neutral field, so Indy has no business giving 6, at best they should be laying 2.5, as there is no way the Saints would be a home dog if in N.O., and the Colts would lay 6 at best in Indy.  Anyway, watch out for the disinformation media coming this week - current soundbite is that Freeney may not play, contributing to more Saint points toward a cover and an over.  The Saints, while they do have game for sure, are "happy to be there", and the New Orleans economy got a needed shot in the arm with their NFC title.  But Peyton is already on the back nine of his career, and he will not let this chance for ring # 2 and official elevation to superstar status (i.e. Elway, Brady, etc) go to waste.  The books will be pushing to get late money on New Orleans getting almost a touchdown, but the Colts will cover and go under.  Remember that Broncos / Falcons game 10 years or so back - spread was 7 for 2 weeks and went to 8 day before with a lot of sharp money - Broncos were up by 21 with 2 minutes to play, then Atlanta scored and "botched" the over (hint, hint) by missing a 2-point conversion - final result Denver and the under.  Look for a repeat here, although the 2 TD gap is the largest I see - N.O. should not embarass themselves.  I look for the kickers to see action, maybe at least 2 FG each.

    More towards the conspiracy theory (rebuttal welcome, but this really works), New Orleans is now 1-1 ATS in the playoffs, therefore "disqualified" from being a single or dual 3-0 ATS team in the playoffs.  Thanks to only one middle so far, nobody else can qualify - the Vikes went 2-0 but are done.  Hey, i'm not saying i love this - i thought San Diego would go all the way but only cover 1 out of 3, but that didn't happen.

    If someone out there is counting, i am standing by a Colts ATS / under pick, although admittedly i don't feel as strong about this as other years.  Also a note to beware to teaser bettors - the best "easy money" play out there looks like a 6 pointer, so something like Indy Pik-Em and over 50.  For that reason, i think a final of 27-20 or even 30-20 could come to pass.  Remember, the man wants to make money on this one, now there is not even a forward Pro Bowl to get some money on the following week.

    GL everyone - don't bet the house on my pick!

     
    rekamyenoM
    rekamyenoM
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 20863
    Posted: Feb. 1, 2010 - 7:37 PM ET #137

    Freeny Will Not Play
    Reply
    Freeny Will Not Play
     
    FlyHi
    FlyHi
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 57
    Posted: Feb. 1, 2010 - 7:57 PM ET #138

    Will definitely make it more interesting w/o DF in the lineup.  I wouldn't be surprised to see both coaches go the conservative route and run more and pass less as the game goes on, this is one of those games you could play 6 times and get all 6 possible combination results with cover/win, win/middle, or outright dog win, each with over or under.  Still favor the colts and under; while n.o. will adjust on offense, the colts will find a way to adjust on d.

    Hoping for the "easy tell" near gameday, like Barrett Robins going AWOL or that Atlanta DB getting tagged for john-ing.

    Like breakabookie, i also shat the bed when Hester returned the opening KO for a TD few years back against my Colts/under play there, thankfully some "odd" play and usual holding penalties kept the Colts from scoring twice inside the 10-minute mark when they were on the edge of going over.

    Reply

    Will definitely make it more interesting w/o DF in the lineup.  I wouldn't be surprised to see both coaches go the conservative route and run more and pass less as the game goes on, this is one of those games you could play 6 times and get all 6 possible combination results with cover/win, win/middle, or outright dog win, each with over or under.  Still favor the colts and under; while n.o. will adjust on offense, the colts will find a way to adjust on d.

    Hoping for the "easy tell" near gameday, like Barrett Robins going AWOL or that Atlanta DB getting tagged for john-ing.

    Like breakabookie, i also shat the bed when Hester returned the opening KO for a TD few years back against my Colts/under play there, thankfully some "odd" play and usual holding penalties kept the Colts from scoring twice inside the 10-minute mark when they were on the edge of going over.

     
    808pickyboy
    808pickyboy
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 537
    Posted: Feb. 1, 2010 - 8:28 PM ET #139

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakaBookie:

    On the Road...

    Saints

    Philly (no McNabb, Kolb threw 3 picks)
    Buff
    Miami
    STL
    TB
    WASH
    ATL (no Ryan)
    Carolina (starters didn't play)

    INDY

    Miami
    Zona
    Tenn
    STL
    BAL
    HOU
    JAX
    Buff (starters didn't play)

    In my opinion.... the Colts are more "road tested".... Saints didn't really have a tough team to play on the road the whole season... all of their tough competition came to New Orleans....

    if you take out the crowd noise of the Superdome, their defense is not nearly as good....

     

    GL TO ALL!

    Are you counting out the game vs Miami in Miami? In my opinion, Miami at home, their defense is by far more superior than the Colts. Saints scored 46 points after being down 21. This is the first time Saints are actually getting points and if you don't think that is a gift well? Good  luck but once again BaB, I think you are on the wrong team, but thats just my opinion and I do respect yours. Just sayin.

    On the same note 12-13 games  vs 6 for Colts, offense scored over 30 points. Saints also played the tougher teams to get here I think wether they are at home or not. One of those teams also came off a bye and had time to rest. Yes that was Minn and yes the TO's was a big factor but most if not all were caused by defense.

    808PickyBoy

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakaBookie:

    On the Road...

    Saints

    Philly (no McNabb, Kolb threw 3 picks)
    Buff
    Miami
    STL
    TB
    WASH
    ATL (no Ryan)
    Carolina (starters didn't play)

    INDY

    Miami
    Zona
    Tenn
    STL
    BAL
    HOU
    JAX
    Buff (starters didn't play)

    In my opinion.... the Colts are more "road tested".... Saints didn't really have a tough team to play on the road the whole season... all of their tough competition came to New Orleans....

    if you take out the crowd noise of the Superdome, their defense is not nearly as good....

     

    GL TO ALL!

    Are you counting out the game vs Miami in Miami? In my opinion, Miami at home, their defense is by far more superior than the Colts. Saints scored 46 points after being down 21. This is the first time Saints are actually getting points and if you don't think that is a gift well? Good  luck but once again BaB, I think you are on the wrong team, but thats just my opinion and I do respect yours. Just sayin.

    On the same note 12-13 games  vs 6 for Colts, offense scored over 30 points. Saints also played the tougher teams to get here I think wether they are at home or not. One of those teams also came off a bye and had time to rest. Yes that was Minn and yes the TO's was a big factor but most if not all were caused by defense.

    808PickyBoy

     
    808pickyboy
    808pickyboy
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 537
    Posted: Feb. 1, 2010 - 9:28 PM ET #140

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernst-Y:

    Playoff record amongst "regulars " .Rookies and above,who posted 
    4 or more times during playoffs. Spread + over unders play. 


    rekamyenok: 5-5
    breakabookie: 5-6
    rockdog:5-2
    jgenti:5-2
    irisheyez:5-7
    easypics:7-2
    philly215:5-11
    bkg1010:3-7
    bigdaddyhpd:5-2
    coljim:6-10
    wiseguy:4-6
    toronto:2-3
    mrmannix:6-6
    radiators:8-6
    phancard:3-3
    snowjocky:0-5
    bustn2night:3-3

    Not that it matters or maybe it will to you. I was 6-2 going into last weeks games. I was off by 1 point in the Indi/ Jets Game. I posted Indi 31 Jet 17. The Saints game I posted Saints 38 - Minn 27. I took overs obviosly on both games.

    I have been hot in the p[layoffs. After last week I am 9-3. That is pretty good in any standards. So if you disregard my stats because my postings do not interest you, then maybe you should keep an opened mind

    9-3 in the playoffs. my picks

    Saints win out right by 6+ points.

    Over is without a doubt to happen.

    Game points prediction

    Saints - 43-45

    Colts - 34-35

    you are welcome.

    808PickyBoy

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernst-Y:

    Playoff record amongst "regulars " .Rookies and above,who posted 
    4 or more times during playoffs. Spread + over unders play. 


    rekamyenok: 5-5
    breakabookie: 5-6
    rockdog:5-2
    jgenti:5-2
    irisheyez:5-7
    easypics:7-2
    philly215:5-11
    bkg1010:3-7
    bigdaddyhpd:5-2
    coljim:6-10
    wiseguy:4-6
    toronto:2-3
    mrmannix:6-6
    radiators:8-6
    phancard:3-3
    snowjocky:0-5
    bustn2night:3-3

    Not that it matters or maybe it will to you. I was 6-2 going into last weeks games. I was off by 1 point in the Indi/ Jets Game. I posted Indi 31 Jet 17. The Saints game I posted Saints 38 - Minn 27. I took overs obviosly on both games.

    I have been hot in the p[layoffs. After last week I am 9-3. That is pretty good in any standards. So if you disregard my stats because my postings do not interest you, then maybe you should keep an opened mind

    9-3 in the playoffs. my picks

    Saints win out right by 6+ points.

    Over is without a doubt to happen.

    Game points prediction

    Saints - 43-45

    Colts - 34-35

    you are welcome.

    808PickyBoy

     
    JustinTime
    JustinTime
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 41
    Posted: Feb. 1, 2010 - 11:11 PM ET #141

    It's hard to bet against the Colts and the Manning machine...

    But Believe It When You See It...

     THE NFL WANTS THE SAINTS TO WIN

    Reply

    It's hard to bet against the Colts and the Manning machine...

    But Believe It When You See It...

     THE NFL WANTS THE SAINTS TO WIN

     
    MileHigh427
    MileHigh427
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 114
    Posted: Feb. 2, 2010 - 1:54 AM ET #142

    Quote Originally Posted by 808pickyboy:


    "Do Not" I repeat "Do Not "waste your hard earned money on the obvious sucker bet and that would be laying the points for Indi. This game could go both ways but the smart play is Saints +5.5. " but stopping these two from scoring 30 points each for their team is a hard one to swallow. If you don't see the "OVER" do not play the O/U. There will be a lot of scoring in this game. definitely leaning the over.

                   

    I like most of what you've said here picky and I picked out the points i liked. Im trying to pick through your Saints bias and I dont blame ya, if my donkeys were in the bowl i would be riding or dying with them no matter what. But I do keep that in mind when reading ur posts. 

    The more i think about it this line is a little suspect. But I see it as a Colts 31-35 to Saints 24-28, right in that area. So call it a coin flip. I ususally follow my rule: dont bet against payton. That has definitly paid off over the years. I have won far more betting on the colts then against them and I cant say the same for the saints. This line opened around 4 and overnight shot to 5.5. So the "wise guys" jumped on the colts early and if you ask me 4 might as well be 5.5. So the early jump doesn't worrie me to much. I feel like Vegas nailed it with a 5.5 line, high enough to get the on the fencers to bite and take the points and the Saints fans to turn out there pockets. But low enough for the colts to still cover. The question thats got me is are we going to see a Saints team like we did the Monday night when they reopened the superdome against atl? I dont think so. Brees just doesnt strike me as a big game QB. Hes f'n good dont get me wrong and they will get there points in this one. And your right it comes down to QB play and who wants it more and if you think for one minute the colts wont be ready and payton wont be focused you and your who dats will be in for a long day. Im laying the points, taking the COLTS.

    But I am riding with you on the Over

    Like I said early in this tread I would like to see the saints win but I cant be convinced.

    GL   

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by 808pickyboy:


    "Do Not" I repeat "Do Not "waste your hard earned money on the obvious sucker bet and that would be laying the points for Indi. This game could go both ways but the smart play is Saints +5.5. " but stopping these two from scoring 30 points each for their team is a hard one to swallow. If you don't see the "OVER" do not play the O/U. There will be a lot of scoring in this game. definitely leaning the over.

                   

    I like most of what you've said here picky and I picked out the points i liked. Im trying to pick through your Saints bias and I dont blame ya, if my donkeys were in the bowl i would be riding or dying with them no matter what. But I do keep that in mind when reading ur posts. 

    The more i think about it this line is a little suspect. But I see it as a Colts 31-35 to Saints 24-28, right in that area. So call it a coin flip. I ususally follow my rule: dont bet against payton. That has definitly paid off over the years. I have won far more betting on the colts then against them and I cant say the same for the saints. This line opened around 4 and overnight shot to 5.5. So the "wise guys" jumped on the colts early and if you ask me 4 might as well be 5.5. So the early jump doesn't worrie me to much. I feel like Vegas nailed it with a 5.5 line, high enough to get the on the fencers to bite and take the points and the Saints fans to turn out there pockets. But low enough for the colts to still cover. The question thats got me is are we going to see a Saints team like we did the Monday night when they reopened the superdome against atl? I dont think so. Brees just doesnt strike me as a big game QB. Hes f'n good dont get me wrong and they will get there points in this one. And your right it comes down to QB play and who wants it more and if you think for one minute the colts wont be ready and payton wont be focused you and your who dats will be in for a long day. Im laying the points, taking the COLTS.

    But I am riding with you on the Over

    Like I said early in this tread I would like to see the saints win but I cant be convinced.

    GL   

     
    MileHigh427
    MileHigh427
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 114
    Posted: Feb. 2, 2010 - 1:59 AM ET #143

    HEY and whats the MONEY LINE on the colts at -225?-250? Bet jamrock hasn't posted one yet and I was hoping someone would post it. Whos got it?
    Reply
    HEY and whats the MONEY LINE on the colts at -225?-250? Bet jamrock hasn't posted one yet and I was hoping someone would post it. Whos got it?
     
    wannatesdr
    wannatesdr
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 542
    Posted: Feb. 2, 2010 - 2:09 AM ET #144

    my local house has it at -230. hope this helps
    Reply
    my local house has it at -230. hope this helps
     
    DILLIGAF-ur-86
    DILLIGAF-ur-86
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 42
    Posted: Feb. 2, 2010 - 2:42 AM ET #145

    ONE SOLID DIRTY HIT ON OLE PAYTON.......

    and yippe kay HEY!   COLTS are a lost crew!

    oops.............that hit was just a bit late, 15 yards oh boy!

    Let's continue da game without pig-nose manning! 

    THERE WILL BE SUCH A NASTY TACKLE ON HIM.........................

    SUPER BOWL OR WHATEVER, ole Manning would'nt be coming out after half-time...........

    YOU READ IT HERE !

    imo= in my opinion

    Reply

    ONE SOLID DIRTY HIT ON OLE PAYTON.......

    and yippe kay HEY!   COLTS are a lost crew!

    oops.............that hit was just a bit late, 15 yards oh boy!

    Let's continue da game without pig-nose manning! 

    THERE WILL BE SUCH A NASTY TACKLE ON HIM.........................

    SUPER BOWL OR WHATEVER, ole Manning would'nt be coming out after half-time...........

    YOU READ IT HERE !

    imo= in my opinion

     
    808pickyboy
    808pickyboy
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 537
    Posted: Feb. 2, 2010 - 4:10 AM ET #146

    Quote Originally Posted by MileHigh427:

    I like most of what you've said here picky and I picked out the points i liked. Im trying to pick through your Saints bias and I dont blame ya, if my donkeys were in the bowl i would be riding or dying with them no matter what. But I do keep that in mind when reading ur posts. 

    The more i think about it this line is a little suspect. But I see it as a Colts 31-35 to Saints 24-28, right in that area. So call it a coin flip. I ususally follow my rule: dont bet against payton. That has definitly paid off over the years. I have won far more betting on the colts then against them and I cant say the same for the saints. This line opened around 4 and overnight shot to 5.5. So the "wise guys" jumped on the colts early and if you ask me 4 might as well be 5.5. So the early jump doesn't worrie me to much. I feel like Vegas nailed it with a 5.5 line, high enough to get the on the fencers to bite and take the points and the Saints fans to turn out there pockets. But low enough for the colts to still cover. The question thats got me is are we going to see a Saints team like we did the Monday night when they reopened the superdome against atl? I dont think so. Brees just doesnt strike me as a big game QB. Hes f'n good dont get me wrong and they will get there points in this one. And your right it comes down to QB play and who wants it more and if you think for one minute the colts wont be ready and payton wont be focused you and your who dats will be in for a long day. Im laying the points, taking the COLTS.

    But I am riding with you on the Over

    Like I said early in this tread I would like to see the saints win but I cant be convinced.

    GL   


    Much respect for you and the rest of the guys on here that I do take seriously. Good points by all and good luck to all. Looks as if a 72 degrees and partly sunny is the forecast so far in Miami on Sunday. 

    808PickyBoy
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHigh427:

    I like most of what you've said here picky and I picked out the points i liked. Im trying to pick through your Saints bias and I dont blame ya, if my donkeys were in the bowl i would be riding or dying with them no matter what. But I do keep that in mind when reading ur posts. 

    The more i think about it this line is a little suspect. But I see it as a Colts 31-35 to Saints 24-28, right in that area. So call it a coin flip. I ususally follow my rule: dont bet against payton. That has definitly paid off over the years. I have won far more betting on the colts then against them and I cant say the same for the saints. This line opened around 4 and overnight shot to 5.5. So the "wise guys" jumped on the colts early and if you ask me 4 might as well be 5.5. So the early jump doesn't worrie me to much. I feel like Vegas nailed it with a 5.5 line, high enough to get the on the fencers to bite and take the points and the Saints fans to turn out there pockets. But low enough for the colts to still cover. The question thats got me is are we going to see a Saints team like we did the Monday night when they reopened the superdome against atl? I dont think so. Brees just doesnt strike me as a big game QB. Hes f'n good dont get me wrong and they will get there points in this one. And your right it comes down to QB play and who wants it more and if you think for one minute the colts wont be ready and payton wont be focused you and your who dats will be in for a long day. Im laying the points, taking the COLTS.

    But I am riding with you on the Over

    Like I said early in this tread I would like to see the saints win but I cant be convinced.

    GL   


    Much respect for you and the rest of the guys on here that I do take seriously. Good points by all and good luck to all. Looks as if a 72 degrees and partly sunny is the forecast so far in Miami on Sunday. 

    808PickyBoy
     
    Irisheyez
    Irisheyez
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 3457
    Posted: Feb. 2, 2010 - 10:15 AM ET #147

    Now the line drops a point after holding steady for a week.  Interesting eh??  It shoots up a point in the first 24 hours......holds for a week, then drops back to the opening number after both teams arrive and the Saints say all the right things on camera and Freeney isn't going to play or at least, not be close to 100% if he does. 

    America loves a good underdog.  The media seems to be leading the unafiliated fans to New Orleans side with the story's and slants they are covering over the last few days.  Vegas moves the number down, hopes a few more people jump on the Saints, since the early money was on the Colts.  The Dogs have barked the last few years in the SB, no doubt.  But just sit tight now.....wait to see what the number does the last 48 hours after the media drenches you with New Orleans stories.......Katrina, first SB ever, Reggie gets married if they win, parade planned win or lose, if they win it kicks off Mardi Gras.........you get the point........the media loves the Saints stories and Indy is boring and doesn't really have any. 

    Vegas is begging money to come in on the Saints!!!!!  Pound on the Colts!!!!  First time visitors to the big game don't EVER win unless they are there at the beginning of a dynasty.  Think about it.......SF, Pitt, GB, Giants.......are really the only first time winners.......and they all returned soon after and won more. I don't think New Orleans is that kind of team.  I don't see a dynasty coming up for them.  Arizona, Philly, Buff, Minny, Cincy, Denver, Oak, Dallas, Rams, Seattle, Atlanta didn't win the first time in the game!!!!! 

    The odd stat is that Tampa did........But they had a ridiculous defense........the Saints certainly don't.............and nobody that has lost to Tampa in the regular season has ever won a SB.  HHHMMMMMM 

    I'm on Manning's side here.......along with the boys in the desert. 

    Reply

    Now the line drops a point after holding steady for a week.  Interesting eh??  It shoots up a point in the first 24 hours......holds for a week, then drops back to the opening number after both teams arrive and the Saints say all the right things on camera and Freeney isn't going to play or at least, not be close to 100% if he does. 

    America loves a good underdog.  The media seems to be leading the unafiliated fans to New Orleans side with the story's and slants they are covering over the last few days.  Vegas moves the number down, hopes a few more people jump on the Saints, since the early money was on the Colts.  The Dogs have barked the last few years in the SB, no doubt.  But just sit tight now.....wait to see what the number does the last 48 hours after the media drenches you with New Orleans stories.......Katrina, first SB ever, Reggie gets married if they win, parade planned win or lose, if they win it kicks off Mardi Gras.........you get the point........the media loves the Saints stories and Indy is boring and doesn't really have any. 

    Vegas is begging money to come in on the Saints!!!!!  Pound on the Colts!!!!  First time visitors to the big game don't EVER win unless they are there at the beginning of a dynasty.  Think about it.......SF, Pitt, GB, Giants.......are really the only first time winners.......and they all returned soon after and won more. I don't think New Orleans is that kind of team.  I don't see a dynasty coming up for them.  Arizona, Philly, Buff, Minny, Cincy, Denver, Oak, Dallas, Rams, Seattle, Atlanta didn't win the first time in the game!!!!! 

    The odd stat is that Tampa did........But they had a ridiculous defense........the Saints certainly don't.............and nobody that has lost to Tampa in the regular season has ever won a SB.  HHHMMMMMM 

    I'm on Manning's side here.......along with the boys in the desert. 

     
    BreakaBookie
    BreakaBookie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 1743
    Posted: Feb. 2, 2010 - 11:36 AM ET #148

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyHi:

    Will definitely make it more interesting w/o DF in the lineup.  I wouldn't be surprised to see both coaches go the conservative route and run more and pass less as the game goes on, this is one of those games you could play 6 times and get all 6 possible combination results with cover/win, win/middle, or outright dog win, each with over or under.  Still favor the colts and under; while n.o. will adjust on offense, the colts will find a way to adjust on d.

    Hoping for the "easy tell" near gameday, like Barrett Robins going AWOL or that Atlanta DB getting tagged for john-ing.

    Like breakabookie, i also shat the bed when Hester returned the opening KO for a TD few years back against my Colts/under play there, thankfully some "odd" play and usual holding penalties kept the Colts from scoring twice inside the 10-minute mark when they were on the edge of going over.

    DUNGY HAD THE UNDER!!!!!

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyHi:

    Will definitely make it more interesting w/o DF in the lineup.  I wouldn't be surprised to see both coaches go the conservative route and run more and pass less as the game goes on, this is one of those games you could play 6 times and get all 6 possible combination results with cover/win, win/middle, or outright dog win, each with over or under.  Still favor the colts and under; while n.o. will adjust on offense, the colts will find a way to adjust on d.

    Hoping for the "easy tell" near gameday, like Barrett Robins going AWOL or that Atlanta DB getting tagged for john-ing.

    Like breakabookie, i also shat the bed when Hester returned the opening KO for a TD few years back against my Colts/under play there, thankfully some "odd" play and usual holding penalties kept the Colts from scoring twice inside the 10-minute mark when they were on the edge of going over.

    DUNGY HAD THE UNDER!!!!!

     
    BreakaBookie
    BreakaBookie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 1743
    Posted: Feb. 2, 2010 - 11:43 AM ET #149

    Quote Originally Posted by 808pickyboy:

    Are you counting out the game vs Miami in Miami? In my opinion, Miami at home, their defense is by far more superior than the Colts. Saints scored 46 points after being down 21. This is the first time Saints are actually getting points and if you don't think that is a gift well? Good  luck but once again BaB, I think you are on the wrong team, but thats just my opinion and I do respect yours. Just sayin.

    On the same note 12-13 games  vs 6 for Colts, offense scored over 30 points. Saints also played the tougher teams to get here I think wether they are at home or not. One of those teams also came off a bye and had time to rest. Yes that was Minn and yes the TO's was a big factor but most if not all were caused by defense.

    808PickyBoy

    the bold teams were the good teams that they both faced... so Miami is a solid squad with a good defense....

    I was just saying that they really didn't play anyone tough on the road and much of their success is because they played all their tough games at home, with the crowd.... that's a huge factor....

    I remember watching Jason Campbell rip apart that defense.... Washington should have won that game with a chip-shot field goal.... in the Miami game they shot themselves in the foot and gave that game away....

    as far as the Vikings game, I feel the Saints defense stepped up and cause most of those turnovers....

    the Saints also had a more convincing win over the Patriots than the Colts did....

    imagine this game becomes an alabama/texas bettors worst nightmare and Peyton Manning gets injured on the first series ala Colt McCoy? lol

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by 808pickyboy:

    Are you counting out the game vs Miami in Miami? In my opinion, Miami at home, their defense is by far more superior than the Colts. Saints scored 46 points after being down 21. This is the first time Saints are actually getting points and if you don't think that is a gift well? Good  luck but once again BaB, I think you are on the wrong team, but thats just my opinion and I do respect yours. Just sayin.

    On the same note 12-13 games  vs 6 for Colts, offense scored over 30 points. Saints also played the tougher teams to get here I think wether they are at home or not. One of those teams also came off a bye and had time to rest. Yes that was Minn and yes the TO's was a big factor but most if not all were caused by defense.

    808PickyBoy

    the bold teams were the good teams that they both faced... so Miami is a solid squad with a good defense....

    I was just saying that they really didn't play anyone tough on the road and much of their success is because they played all their tough games at home, with the crowd.... that's a huge factor....

    I remember watching Jason Campbell rip apart that defense.... Washington should have won that game with a chip-shot field goal.... in the Miami game they shot themselves in the foot and gave that game away....

    as far as the Vikings game, I feel the Saints defense stepped up and cause most of those turnovers....

    the Saints also had a more convincing win over the Patriots than the Colts did....

    imagine this game becomes an alabama/texas bettors worst nightmare and Peyton Manning gets injured on the first series ala Colt McCoy? lol

     
     
    MileHigh427
    MileHigh427
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 114
    Posted: Feb. 2, 2010 - 12:48 PM ET #150

    Quote Originally Posted by wannatesdr:

    my local house has it at -230. hope this helps

    Thank You! -230 is right in between what I guessed it at. But anyone who is thinking about taking COLTS ML should just lay the points. Putting down 2.3:1 is too much for the gain.  

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by wannatesdr:

    my local house has it at -230. hope this helps

    Thank You! -230 is right in between what I guessed it at. But anyone who is thinking about taking COLTS ML should just lay the points. Putting down 2.3:1 is too much for the gain.  

    All Forums | Pro Football
    «First Previous 678 ... 131415 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,956
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,204
    • Eagles vs Bears in-game live MNF 2,842
    • PART DEUX 298
    • Tuesday 09/29/2026 574
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,010
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,476
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 3,453
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,618
    • the whole problem is knowingly spreading false info to vulnerable people 21,192

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.