• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Pro Football

    New Orleans at Indianapolis (02/07/2010)

    «First Previous 345 ... 131415 Next Last»
    bigcat33
    INVSTMTBANKR
    bigdaddyhpd
    W_X_MAN
    Irisheyez
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 36266
    Posts: 351
    «First Previous 345 ... 131415 Next Last»
     
    bigcat33
    bigcat33
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 95
    Posted: Jan. 26, 2010 - 1:29 PM ET #51

    At first look, the Colts seem likely to win. They are the betting favorite, better defense, Ravens could not make them fumble, ala the vikes, and Peyton Manning. That said, there are two weeks to prepare. While Peyton Manning can handle the blitz, he has lost when playoff teams employ the "zone blitz" plus the Saints are gonna score and keep the ball from Peyton. It will be an interesting thread leading up to the game.

     

    Reply

    At first look, the Colts seem likely to win. They are the betting favorite, better defense, Ravens could not make them fumble, ala the vikes, and Peyton Manning. That said, there are two weeks to prepare. While Peyton Manning can handle the blitz, he has lost when playoff teams employ the "zone blitz" plus the Saints are gonna score and keep the ball from Peyton. It will be an interesting thread leading up to the game.

     

     
    INVSTMTBANKR
    INVSTMTBANKR
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 275
    Posted: Jan. 26, 2010 - 1:57 PM ET #52

    Quote Originally Posted by Irisheyez:

    Minny dominated that game folks.....The Saints were at home and got manhandled in total yards, first downs and big plays.  The only reason that Minny didn't win by 14 or more was the 5 TO's

    The Saints had 77 yards of offense in the second half!!!!! Are you kidding me!!!!  Minny gave them the ball inside the 10 yardline for one of the two second half TD's.  Manning has won a SB.  Has a way with handling the ebbs and flows of a game that hasn't been seen in decades.  He is on pace, if he stays healthy, to break every QB record in the book!!!  The line is up a point already in the first 24 hours!!!!  Jump on this number now with the Colts before if gets close to 7!!!!!!!!   The Saints are soft.  They are too finesse in the face of pressure and close games.  They, just like the Jets have rode this train to the last stop.........next station.......Manning's second ring and a SB MVP. 

    Play the odds people.......play the odds......Vegas loves the Colts......if they didn't, why were they 1 to 1 odds to win the SB after last week's Baltimore beat down?  Because Vegas knows they have a much better D than they get credit for with a superior QB and offense.  POUND ON THE COLTS!!!!

    I have never been more confident in a SB in the last 10 years.  And this comes from a guy who took the Bears the last time Indy was in the SB!!! 

    You got it wrong that time and you got it wrong this time.

    Going with the Saints it's worth the risk, they know they should be on the couch watching the game.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisheyez:

    Minny dominated that game folks.....The Saints were at home and got manhandled in total yards, first downs and big plays.  The only reason that Minny didn't win by 14 or more was the 5 TO's

    The Saints had 77 yards of offense in the second half!!!!! Are you kidding me!!!!  Minny gave them the ball inside the 10 yardline for one of the two second half TD's.  Manning has won a SB.  Has a way with handling the ebbs and flows of a game that hasn't been seen in decades.  He is on pace, if he stays healthy, to break every QB record in the book!!!  The line is up a point already in the first 24 hours!!!!  Jump on this number now with the Colts before if gets close to 7!!!!!!!!   The Saints are soft.  They are too finesse in the face of pressure and close games.  They, just like the Jets have rode this train to the last stop.........next station.......Manning's second ring and a SB MVP. 

    Play the odds people.......play the odds......Vegas loves the Colts......if they didn't, why were they 1 to 1 odds to win the SB after last week's Baltimore beat down?  Because Vegas knows they have a much better D than they get credit for with a superior QB and offense.  POUND ON THE COLTS!!!!

    I have never been more confident in a SB in the last 10 years.  And this comes from a guy who took the Bears the last time Indy was in the SB!!! 

    You got it wrong that time and you got it wrong this time.

    Going with the Saints it's worth the risk, they know they should be on the couch watching the game.

     
    bigdaddyhpd
    bigdaddyhpd
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 8330
    Posted: Jan. 26, 2010 - 4:24 PM ET #53

    Quote Originally Posted by murph22:

    GUYS & GIRLS:

     

    NOBODY cares who you are picking unless you can give us a reason!

     

    That said, Irisheyez, Charlievegas, Breakabookie, Vue21849 have nailed it: The Colts are the better team and New Orleans is not that good on the road or in Florida. They were hosed by TB and won a miracle in Miami against a very average Dolphins team led by Chad Henne. Peyton and the Colts are the play.

     

    GLA

     

    PS: Aside from the 99 rams has a Dome team ever won the Super Bowl?

    Not trying to call you out but if you use that statement then you cannot leave out the Colts vs  Dolphins. The Dolphins dominated the game clock, kept Manning off the field and the Colts still won but the Dolphins kept it really tight and if not for a dropped pass by "butterfingers" Ginn in the endzone in the final seconds of the game the Dolphins could have won that game.

    BTW on your dome question... the Colts won the superbowl isn't their staduim indoors? Not sure if you can clasify it as a true dome but it is indoors.

    Good luck on your Colts wager

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by murph22:

    GUYS & GIRLS:

     

    NOBODY cares who you are picking unless you can give us a reason!

     

    That said, Irisheyez, Charlievegas, Breakabookie, Vue21849 have nailed it: The Colts are the better team and New Orleans is not that good on the road or in Florida. They were hosed by TB and won a miracle in Miami against a very average Dolphins team led by Chad Henne. Peyton and the Colts are the play.

     

    GLA

     

    PS: Aside from the 99 rams has a Dome team ever won the Super Bowl?

    Not trying to call you out but if you use that statement then you cannot leave out the Colts vs  Dolphins. The Dolphins dominated the game clock, kept Manning off the field and the Colts still won but the Dolphins kept it really tight and if not for a dropped pass by "butterfingers" Ginn in the endzone in the final seconds of the game the Dolphins could have won that game.

    BTW on your dome question... the Colts won the superbowl isn't their staduim indoors? Not sure if you can clasify it as a true dome but it is indoors.

    Good luck on your Colts wager

     
    bigdaddyhpd
    bigdaddyhpd
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 8330
    Posted: Jan. 26, 2010 - 4:36 PM ET #54

    IMHO I think this is a great match up for the Super Bowl. Both teams can score and score quickly. This game should be decided on which team has the ball in the final minutes of this game. The Saints had a decent offense the past few years and I feel that they finally found the missing piece in hiring Greg Williams for their DC. This season the Saints have a better balanced team than they did in the past.

    I see this one coming down to a game winning field goal in the end so if the line stays above 3 points I'm going with the Saints. I like the over here as well.

    2 teams that was in the hunt to go undefeated this season are meeting in the Big Game....cannot ask for anything better.

    Reply

    IMHO I think this is a great match up for the Super Bowl. Both teams can score and score quickly. This game should be decided on which team has the ball in the final minutes of this game. The Saints had a decent offense the past few years and I feel that they finally found the missing piece in hiring Greg Williams for their DC. This season the Saints have a better balanced team than they did in the past.

    I see this one coming down to a game winning field goal in the end so if the line stays above 3 points I'm going with the Saints. I like the over here as well.

    2 teams that was in the hunt to go undefeated this season are meeting in the Big Game....cannot ask for anything better.

     
    W_X_MAN
    W_X_MAN
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2007
    Posts: 102
    Posted: Jan. 26, 2010 - 4:44 PM ET #55

    The long-standing "Tampa Bay Curse" has been described as the following:
     
    "No team has ever lost to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers during the regular season, and gone on to win the Super Bowl that same season."
     
    It has held true from from the team's inception (1976) through the 2008 season (2008-09 playoffs). The following is a list of the "Curse Victims."
     
     
     
    Tampa Bay Curse Victims
     
     
     
    Red*-denotes a playoff team
     
    1976: none
    1977: NO, St. Louis Cardinals
    1978: Min*, Atl*, KC, Chi, Buf
    1979: Det, Baltimore Colts, GB, Chi*, Min, Det, NYG, KC, LA Rams* (Rams lost Super Bowl XIV)
    1980: Cin, LA Rams*, SF, NYG, GB
    1981: Min, St. Louis Cardinals, Det, GB, Chi, NO, Atl
    1982: NO, Buf, Det*, Chi, Mia* (Dolphins lost Super Bowl XVII)
    1983: Min, Houston Oilers
    1984: Det, GB, Min, NYG*, Atl, NYJ
    1985: St. Louis Cardinals, Det
    1986: Det, Buf
    1987: Atl, Det, GB, Min* (Vikings lost NFC Championship)
    1988: GB, Det, Buf* (Bills lost AFC Championship)
    1989: GB, NO, Chi, Phx
    1990: Det, Min, GB, Atl
    1991: Phi, Ind, Det* (Lions lost NFC Championship)
    1992: Phx, GB, Det, Chi
    1993: Det*, Atl, Min*, Chi, Den*
    1994: Ind, Det*, Min*, Was, LA Rams
    1995: Phi*, Was, Car, Cin, Min, Jax, GB* (Packers lost NFC Championship)
    1996: Min*, Oak, SD, NO, Was, Chi  
    1997: SF, Det*, Min*, Mia*, Arz, Ind, Atl, NE*, NYG*, Chi
    1998: Chi, NYG, Car, GB*, Pit, Cin, Min* (Vikings lost NFC Championship in OT)
    1999: Phi, Den, Chi, NO, KC, Atl, Sea*, Min*, Det*, GB
    2000: NE, Chi, Det, Min*, Atl, GB, Buf, Dal, Mia*, StL*
    2001: Dal, GB*, Min, Det, Cin, NO, Bal*, StL* (Rams lost Super Bowl XXXVI)
    2002: Bal, StL, Cin, Atl*, Cle*, Car, Min, GB*, Det, Chi  
    2003: Atl, Was, Dal*, NYG, NO, Hou, Phi* (Eagles were #1 seed in NFC, lost NFC Championship)
    2004: NO, Chi, KC, SF, Atl* (Falcons lost NFC Championship)
    2005: Min, Buf, GB, Det, Mia, Was*, Atl, NO, Car*
    2006: Cin, Phi*, Was, Cle  
    2007: NO, StL, Car, Ten*, Arz, Atl, Was*
    2008: Atl*, Chi, GB, Car*, Sea, KC, Min*, Det, NO
     
    2009: Sea, GB*, NO* (NO is going to Super Bowl XLIV)
     
     
     
    *Three teams (1979 Rams, 1982 Dolphins, 2001 Rams) came close to breaking the curse, making it to the Super Bowl. But all three lost. The 2001 Rams argueably came the closest - losing to the Patriots in Super Bowl XXXVI to Adam Vinatieri's last-second game-winning field goal.
     
    *Counting 1976-2008, the Curse has had 186 victims, including 49 playoff teams, 3 Super Bowl losers, 7 conference championship game losers, one #1 playoff seed. Note that the number does not equal Tampa Bay's total franchise victories because many of the victims were beaten by Tampa Bay twice in the same season.
     
     
     
     
     
    *For 2009, Tampa Bay beat two NFC playoff teams...the #1 seed New Orleans, as well as Green Bay. Results are pending.
     
     
    EDIT...Seattle was the 187th victim (they did not even make the playoffs), now Green Bay is the 188th victim.

     

    just something to think about if your into trends... especially a 188th one in a row.... Carolina has something similar, but not as long, but the Saints lost to boyh teams this year.

    Reply

    The long-standing "Tampa Bay Curse" has been described as the following:
     
    "No team has ever lost to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers during the regular season, and gone on to win the Super Bowl that same season."
     
    It has held true from from the team's inception (1976) through the 2008 season (2008-09 playoffs). The following is a list of the "Curse Victims."
     
     
     
    Tampa Bay Curse Victims
     
     
     
    Red*-denotes a playoff team
     
    1976: none
    1977: NO, St. Louis Cardinals
    1978: Min*, Atl*, KC, Chi, Buf
    1979: Det, Baltimore Colts, GB, Chi*, Min, Det, NYG, KC, LA Rams* (Rams lost Super Bowl XIV)
    1980: Cin, LA Rams*, SF, NYG, GB
    1981: Min, St. Louis Cardinals, Det, GB, Chi, NO, Atl
    1982: NO, Buf, Det*, Chi, Mia* (Dolphins lost Super Bowl XVII)
    1983: Min, Houston Oilers
    1984: Det, GB, Min, NYG*, Atl, NYJ
    1985: St. Louis Cardinals, Det
    1986: Det, Buf
    1987: Atl, Det, GB, Min* (Vikings lost NFC Championship)
    1988: GB, Det, Buf* (Bills lost AFC Championship)
    1989: GB, NO, Chi, Phx
    1990: Det, Min, GB, Atl
    1991: Phi, Ind, Det* (Lions lost NFC Championship)
    1992: Phx, GB, Det, Chi
    1993: Det*, Atl, Min*, Chi, Den*
    1994: Ind, Det*, Min*, Was, LA Rams
    1995: Phi*, Was, Car, Cin, Min, Jax, GB* (Packers lost NFC Championship)
    1996: Min*, Oak, SD, NO, Was, Chi  
    1997: SF, Det*, Min*, Mia*, Arz, Ind, Atl, NE*, NYG*, Chi
    1998: Chi, NYG, Car, GB*, Pit, Cin, Min* (Vikings lost NFC Championship in OT)
    1999: Phi, Den, Chi, NO, KC, Atl, Sea*, Min*, Det*, GB
    2000: NE, Chi, Det, Min*, Atl, GB, Buf, Dal, Mia*, StL*
    2001: Dal, GB*, Min, Det, Cin, NO, Bal*, StL* (Rams lost Super Bowl XXXVI)
    2002: Bal, StL, Cin, Atl*, Cle*, Car, Min, GB*, Det, Chi  
    2003: Atl, Was, Dal*, NYG, NO, Hou, Phi* (Eagles were #1 seed in NFC, lost NFC Championship)
    2004: NO, Chi, KC, SF, Atl* (Falcons lost NFC Championship)
    2005: Min, Buf, GB, Det, Mia, Was*, Atl, NO, Car*
    2006: Cin, Phi*, Was, Cle  
    2007: NO, StL, Car, Ten*, Arz, Atl, Was*
    2008: Atl*, Chi, GB, Car*, Sea, KC, Min*, Det, NO
     
    2009: Sea, GB*, NO* (NO is going to Super Bowl XLIV)
     
     
     
    *Three teams (1979 Rams, 1982 Dolphins, 2001 Rams) came close to breaking the curse, making it to the Super Bowl. But all three lost. The 2001 Rams argueably came the closest - losing to the Patriots in Super Bowl XXXVI to Adam Vinatieri's last-second game-winning field goal.
     
    *Counting 1976-2008, the Curse has had 186 victims, including 49 playoff teams, 3 Super Bowl losers, 7 conference championship game losers, one #1 playoff seed. Note that the number does not equal Tampa Bay's total franchise victories because many of the victims were beaten by Tampa Bay twice in the same season.
     
     
     
     
     
    *For 2009, Tampa Bay beat two NFC playoff teams...the #1 seed New Orleans, as well as Green Bay. Results are pending.
     
     
    EDIT...Seattle was the 187th victim (they did not even make the playoffs), now Green Bay is the 188th victim.

     

    just something to think about if your into trends... especially a 188th one in a row.... Carolina has something similar, but not as long, but the Saints lost to boyh teams this year.

     
    Irisheyez
    Irisheyez
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 3457
    Posted: Jan. 26, 2010 - 5:50 PM ET #56

    Quote Originally Posted by INVSTMTBANKR:

    You got it wrong that time and you got it wrong this time.

    Going with the Saints it's worth the risk, they know they should be on the couch watching the game.



    Like I said, I feel very comfortable with the statistics from the last New Orleans game are factual, not fiction.  Thanks for taking the time to highlight my thoughts on the game, it's nice to know someone read it and it moved them.  But it would be nice to see you take the time to lend some information to the thread.  Maybe some historical trends, similar matchups or even why you think the Saints win. 

    Good luck to you my friend if you basing your hard earned money on the fact that the Saints "know they don't belong in the game!?!?"The Saint's certainly could win the game........I just don't see that happening for the reasons I outlined earlier.  GL my friend and enjoy the game.        
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by INVSTMTBANKR:

    You got it wrong that time and you got it wrong this time.

    Going with the Saints it's worth the risk, they know they should be on the couch watching the game.



    Like I said, I feel very comfortable with the statistics from the last New Orleans game are factual, not fiction.  Thanks for taking the time to highlight my thoughts on the game, it's nice to know someone read it and it moved them.  But it would be nice to see you take the time to lend some information to the thread.  Maybe some historical trends, similar matchups or even why you think the Saints win. 

    Good luck to you my friend if you basing your hard earned money on the fact that the Saints "know they don't belong in the game!?!?"The Saint's certainly could win the game........I just don't see that happening for the reasons I outlined earlier.  GL my friend and enjoy the game.        
     
    808pickyboy
    808pickyboy
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 537
    Posted: Jan. 26, 2010 - 5:56 PM ET #57

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakaBookie:

    808pickyboy.... I know your reading even though you lost the no-post bet last week...

    I think that no-post-bet thing is really stupid, and I could use some information from a knowledgable Saints caper prior to making my decision on what to play this week.... so I would like you to post your thoughts, despite the terms of the bet, (which I broke last week, but I did stay out of the WHODAT forum)....

     


    "NO POST BET" is a SU bet and although Saints won, I agree that it is stupid. Altough breakng your word and posted when you weren't supposed to, I still listened, took your opinion in consideration, but I still went with what I thought best and I'm glad I did.

    VUE welcome back by the way!

    BaB, how bout yo say we take some money from our bookies?

    I have been studying the game and will pst it all later so I wont post so many times as I have in the past.

    To those that were on the "NO POST BET", I would love to hear your opnions and I will not hold it against you. FORGET THE STUPID NO POST BET.

    TAUNTEDSTREET, although we had a side wager between you and me and I won, you are a great capper and lets bury the hatchet. What do you say man? I do not want you off the forum for good as stated on our bet,. You would actually be one of the last guys I wold like to be off. Please give us your thoughts.

    Good to see you BaB.

    808pickyboy

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakaBookie:

    808pickyboy.... I know your reading even though you lost the no-post bet last week...

    I think that no-post-bet thing is really stupid, and I could use some information from a knowledgable Saints caper prior to making my decision on what to play this week.... so I would like you to post your thoughts, despite the terms of the bet, (which I broke last week, but I did stay out of the WHODAT forum)....

     


    "NO POST BET" is a SU bet and although Saints won, I agree that it is stupid. Altough breakng your word and posted when you weren't supposed to, I still listened, took your opinion in consideration, but I still went with what I thought best and I'm glad I did.

    VUE welcome back by the way!

    BaB, how bout yo say we take some money from our bookies?

    I have been studying the game and will pst it all later so I wont post so many times as I have in the past.

    To those that were on the "NO POST BET", I would love to hear your opnions and I will not hold it against you. FORGET THE STUPID NO POST BET.

    TAUNTEDSTREET, although we had a side wager between you and me and I won, you are a great capper and lets bury the hatchet. What do you say man? I do not want you off the forum for good as stated on our bet,. You would actually be one of the last guys I wold like to be off. Please give us your thoughts.

    Good to see you BaB.

    808pickyboy

     
    WinsNow999
    WinsNow999
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 8093
    Posted: Jan. 26, 2010 - 8:19 PM ET #58

    UNDER 56.5 seems a solid play for now leaning to the + points!
    Reply
    UNDER 56.5 seems a solid play for now leaning to the + points!
     
    implusive
    implusive
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 104
    Posted: Jan. 26, 2010 - 8:27 PM ET #59

    Indy and under, SU, Parlay, Tease and Fricase!
    Reply
    Indy and under, SU, Parlay, Tease and Fricase!
     
    crashdavis8
    crashdavis8
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 41
    Posted: Jan. 26, 2010 - 8:35 PM ET #60

    The Colts put up 30 against the Jets, so they should be good for 40-45 playing the Saints. Lay the 4 to 5 points; hell I would even go to 7 if I had to in this one. The Saints were lucky even to in. Colts 41-24
    Reply
    The Colts put up 30 against the Jets, so they should be good for 40-45 playing the Saints. Lay the 4 to 5 points; hell I would even go to 7 if I had to in this one. The Saints were lucky even to in. Colts 41-24
     
    crashdavis8
    crashdavis8
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 41
    Posted: Jan. 26, 2010 - 8:37 PM ET #61

    Quote Originally Posted by crashdavis8:

    The Colts put up 30 against the Jets, so they should be good for 40-45 playing the Saints. Lay the 4 to 5 points; hell I would even go to 7 if I had to in this one. The Saints were lucky even to in. Colts 41-24
    get in
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by crashdavis8:

    The Colts put up 30 against the Jets, so they should be good for 40-45 playing the Saints. Lay the 4 to 5 points; hell I would even go to 7 if I had to in this one. The Saints were lucky even to in. Colts 41-24
    get in
     
    808pickyboy
    808pickyboy
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 537
    Posted: Jan. 26, 2010 - 10:40 PM ET #62

    Alright guys, This is what I got so far as an overview of these two teams and the opinions of the past weekend.

    1) First of all we all have to give credit to the Saints defense, backers or not, in helping in creating those 5 TO's. Farve and A.P. by all means did not intend to give those TO'S away willingly. They were created by presure to the QB, great tackles, and sub-concious mental error caused by the defense. This goes both ways. As an example for the TO by Regie Bush, he was scared of getting hit hard cause he pereferably saw the defense coming to hit him and was unable to secure the ball on the punt return. He put his head down and forgot he had to catch. As far as AD, those were great hits on the ball and good stripping by others. Farve got hit hard all day, I think about 18-20 times and after the first few, it was noticeable that he was hurting. It is human nature to be scared no matter how physically or mentally tough you are.

    2) Yes the Saints only won by 3 points and as a Saints fan, I will agree that they got lucky to have gotten that INT in the fourth quarter intead of being down by a FG with only 19 seconds left. One thing I do see as the differense between the 2 winning teams as why their performance was so is that Colts were playing the #1 defense, yes, but a non-rested defense. Jets have been banging it out every week since week 5 I believe. The Vikings on the other hand, although not ranked #1 in defense but still respectable, had a bye week and time to rest. The Saints defense held a team which is capable of scoring in the 40's to just 28 points. The Vikings as well got lucky as I saw many times Saints had the chance of opening up the game by just simply recovering the fumbles instead of trying to pick it up and running. Both QB's as experienced as they were, was throwing balls into coverage that makes you say" What The F@#$".

    3) J.Shockey, who is a huge part of the Saints offense, was not a big factor in this game because of the limited playing time due to his knee injury. He will be in against the Colts and healthy enough to make a statement.

    As far as head to head in the Super Bowl, At this time, I am leaning towards NO Saints SU win, due to the fact that they have a well balanced team right now. They keep their Running Backs fresh from constant substitution. NE Patriots(Great Passing Team) had a good chance to beat the Colts but one thing that is obviously different from the Patriots is that the Saints is not        "1 DIMENSIONAL" as far as offense. Colts is more of a passing team than a running team, and the Saints "D" has recently proven with proper time to prepare against one team, they get the job done. This game could go both ways but I do think , unbiasly, that the Saints have more arsenal on offense and as a fresh and healthy unit, their defense could be the #4 ranked "D" from early in the season. They create turnovers. Manning is a great QB but Farve is one of the greatest. Saints has had more success ATS and SU against the Colts than the Vikings.

    Just my thoughts for right now. Early lean on the Saints SU win and I do see the OVER as a big possibility.

    ALOHA 808PICKYBOY

    Reply

    Alright guys, This is what I got so far as an overview of these two teams and the opinions of the past weekend.

    1) First of all we all have to give credit to the Saints defense, backers or not, in helping in creating those 5 TO's. Farve and A.P. by all means did not intend to give those TO'S away willingly. They were created by presure to the QB, great tackles, and sub-concious mental error caused by the defense. This goes both ways. As an example for the TO by Regie Bush, he was scared of getting hit hard cause he pereferably saw the defense coming to hit him and was unable to secure the ball on the punt return. He put his head down and forgot he had to catch. As far as AD, those were great hits on the ball and good stripping by others. Farve got hit hard all day, I think about 18-20 times and after the first few, it was noticeable that he was hurting. It is human nature to be scared no matter how physically or mentally tough you are.

    2) Yes the Saints only won by 3 points and as a Saints fan, I will agree that they got lucky to have gotten that INT in the fourth quarter intead of being down by a FG with only 19 seconds left. One thing I do see as the differense between the 2 winning teams as why their performance was so is that Colts were playing the #1 defense, yes, but a non-rested defense. Jets have been banging it out every week since week 5 I believe. The Vikings on the other hand, although not ranked #1 in defense but still respectable, had a bye week and time to rest. The Saints defense held a team which is capable of scoring in the 40's to just 28 points. The Vikings as well got lucky as I saw many times Saints had the chance of opening up the game by just simply recovering the fumbles instead of trying to pick it up and running. Both QB's as experienced as they were, was throwing balls into coverage that makes you say" What The F@#$".

    3) J.Shockey, who is a huge part of the Saints offense, was not a big factor in this game because of the limited playing time due to his knee injury. He will be in against the Colts and healthy enough to make a statement.

    As far as head to head in the Super Bowl, At this time, I am leaning towards NO Saints SU win, due to the fact that they have a well balanced team right now. They keep their Running Backs fresh from constant substitution. NE Patriots(Great Passing Team) had a good chance to beat the Colts but one thing that is obviously different from the Patriots is that the Saints is not        "1 DIMENSIONAL" as far as offense. Colts is more of a passing team than a running team, and the Saints "D" has recently proven with proper time to prepare against one team, they get the job done. This game could go both ways but I do think , unbiasly, that the Saints have more arsenal on offense and as a fresh and healthy unit, their defense could be the #4 ranked "D" from early in the season. They create turnovers. Manning is a great QB but Farve is one of the greatest. Saints has had more success ATS and SU against the Colts than the Vikings.

    Just my thoughts for right now. Early lean on the Saints SU win and I do see the OVER as a big possibility.

    ALOHA 808PICKYBOY

     
    808pickyboy
    808pickyboy
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 537
    Posted: Jan. 26, 2010 - 11:52 PM ET #63

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieVargas:

    No Team that has lost to Tampa Bay during the regular season has ever won the Super Bowl. That means the Colts moneyline is GOLD!!

    Charlie, Comon man. How can you base the Saints losing to TB. I can see if they loss to them in the 9th or 10th weeek but at the latter part of the season when all the teams especially Saints were banged up. Dallas already gave them their first loss and the "PERFECT SEASON DREAM" was over. I'm not trying to put your post down, but if your basing your bet on that, I would seriously reconsider. TB has surprized a lot of other teams in the regular season ATS and SU. Did they not beat

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieVargas:

    No Team that has lost to Tampa Bay during the regular season has ever won the Super Bowl. That means the Colts moneyline is GOLD!!

    Charlie, Comon man. How can you base the Saints losing to TB. I can see if they loss to them in the 9th or 10th weeek but at the latter part of the season when all the teams especially Saints were banged up. Dallas already gave them their first loss and the "PERFECT SEASON DREAM" was over. I'm not trying to put your post down, but if your basing your bet on that, I would seriously reconsider. TB has surprized a lot of other teams in the regular season ATS and SU. Did they not beat

     
    beautifulshare
    beautifulshare
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 14
    Posted: Jan. 27, 2010 - 2:55 AM ET #64

    Quote Originally Posted by brandnew182:

    colts will throw it all over the place and not fumble like minn did.

    [url=https://www.topnflnews.com/]NFL draft[/url]



    I think the Saints are more talented on both sides of the ball to be honest. Colts have Peyton Manning though.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by brandnew182:

    colts will throw it all over the place and not fumble like minn did.

    [url=https://www.topnflnews.com/]NFL draft[/url]



    I think the Saints are more talented on both sides of the ball to be honest. Colts have Peyton Manning though.


     
    beautifulshare
    beautifulshare
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 14
    Posted: Jan. 27, 2010 - 2:59 AM ET #65

    Quote Originally Posted by QMICH:

    Old and busted = Favre

    New hotness = Manning



    Peyton Manning is the greatest quarterback the World has ever seen.
    Nobody can accuse him of pulling an Eason



    ——————————————

    NFL draft news: NFL draft

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by QMICH:

    Old and busted = Favre

    New hotness = Manning



    Peyton Manning is the greatest quarterback the World has ever seen.
    Nobody can accuse him of pulling an Eason



    ——————————————

    NFL draft news: NFL draft

     
    Spytheweb
    Spytheweb
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2003
    Posts: 954
    Posted: Jan. 27, 2010 - 3:30 AM ET #66

    Quote Originally Posted by QMICH:

     IN CASE YOU MISSED IT, THE SAINTS JUST WON BY 3 IN OVERTIME AT HOME BENEFITTING FROM 5 TOs  

    COLTS!


    COLTS!

    You got this right, Colts in a blowout. After the game the Saints will be the forgotten team, like last years Cards.

    Should be Colts -9.5

    Colts -4.0!



    Good teams win games, Great teams cover the spread!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by QMICH:

     IN CASE YOU MISSED IT, THE SAINTS JUST WON BY 3 IN OVERTIME AT HOME BENEFITTING FROM 5 TOs  

    COLTS!


    COLTS!

    You got this right, Colts in a blowout. After the game the Saints will be the forgotten team, like last years Cards.

    Should be Colts -9.5

    Colts -4.0!



     
    808pickyboy
    808pickyboy
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 537
    Posted: Jan. 27, 2010 - 7:16 AM ET #67

    [Quote: Originally Posted by BreakaBookie]

    808pickyboy.... I know your reading even though you lost the no-post bet last week...  "NO POST BET IS SU BET" but you're right, it is stupid.

    I think that no-post-bet thing is really stupid, and I could use some information from a knowledgable Saints caper prior to making my decision on what to play this week.... so I would like you to post your thoughts, despite the terms of the bet, (which I broke last week, but I did stay out of the WHODAT forum)....

     What up BaB, 

            This past weekend was awesome football at its best. Great match ups and lots of excitement. There is a lot of mixed feelings on both teams and the biggest topic right now is the Saints and how close they came in losing that game. I did some research and what I found is very interesting. Check this out,

     1)   Aside from the fumbles and INT's is the fact that their kick off return and punt return #s are the most impressive out of the rest of their offensive stats for the game. .

    Saints return yardage 212

    That of course is why they didn't get as many 1st downs as the Vikings. They had great field position due to that fact and on the other side of the ball, the special team held the Vikings to 48 YDS on their returns. 

     2)   The Saints also would have done better as far as offensive YG if it weren't for the 9 penalties taking them backwards of a total of 88 YDS. They need to fix that.

    3)  They were 100% in the Red Zone ( 3 for 3 )

    Vs Cards, this is what they did,

    Return Yards 138 and gave up only 69. They were also 100 % in the Red Zone then. 

    Colts on the other hand vs Jets

    Return Yardage 90 and gave up 151. 

    They were 50% in the Red Zone and still manage to win. That is also because Jets offense is not that hot. I know that they were against the #1 "D" but I looked back at some of the other games that they played and almost loss and this is what I got.

    Week 10 against the Patriots at home.....

    Patriots punt and kick return YDS 216

    Colts return YDS 109

    The reason why I picked the game with the Patriots is because its a game that the Colts also (in many eyes) got lucky to win against a high powered offense. The Patriots were at that time was a very hot team, beating teams such as Miami, Jets, Baltimore, ATL, fucked up Titans by the score of 59-0 and lost in over time to a hot undefeated Broncos team 17-20. Philly and the NYG had also fallen to the Pats as well. The Patriots "Shit The Bed" in the end and allowed Colts to comeback and win by 1 point. 

    These stats I think is the most important hurdle for the Colts to win and the FRONT LINE for the Saints army in this war during the Super Bowl. If the Saints win the Return Yardage as well as the Time of Pos. then they will more than likely to win this game. Saints do have the better Rushing game to keep Manning on the side line. It is already proven that the Saints do not need to have the most 1st downs due to the fact on how fast they score, but most importantly the field position that RB Regie Bush and Co. gives Brees and his arsenal to start with. Most of all, once again I will say that the Saints is not "1 dimensional" and predictable like the Patriots. To me that is key for Saints success in this game. Colts will score, but my head and heart tells me that it wont be enough due to the Real Estate that they will always have to start with and against a healthy defense that is rejuvenated by love and inspiration from the city of New Orleans. Just check out the last two games the Saints played and you will see that their game plan includes kicking it into the End Zone every time and it worked.

     I hope this helps you out BaB.

    808PICKYBOY


    Reply
    [Quote: Originally Posted by BreakaBookie]

    808pickyboy.... I know your reading even though you lost the no-post bet last week...  "NO POST BET IS SU BET" but you're right, it is stupid.

    I think that no-post-bet thing is really stupid, and I could use some information from a knowledgable Saints caper prior to making my decision on what to play this week.... so I would like you to post your thoughts, despite the terms of the bet, (which I broke last week, but I did stay out of the WHODAT forum)....

     What up BaB, 

            This past weekend was awesome football at its best. Great match ups and lots of excitement. There is a lot of mixed feelings on both teams and the biggest topic right now is the Saints and how close they came in losing that game. I did some research and what I found is very interesting. Check this out,

     1)   Aside from the fumbles and INT's is the fact that their kick off return and punt return #s are the most impressive out of the rest of their offensive stats for the game. .

    Saints return yardage 212

    That of course is why they didn't get as many 1st downs as the Vikings. They had great field position due to that fact and on the other side of the ball, the special team held the Vikings to 48 YDS on their returns. 

     2)   The Saints also would have done better as far as offensive YG if it weren't for the 9 penalties taking them backwards of a total of 88 YDS. They need to fix that.

    3)  They were 100% in the Red Zone ( 3 for 3 )

    Vs Cards, this is what they did,

    Return Yards 138 and gave up only 69. They were also 100 % in the Red Zone then. 

    Colts on the other hand vs Jets

    Return Yardage 90 and gave up 151. 

    They were 50% in the Red Zone and still manage to win. That is also because Jets offense is not that hot. I know that they were against the #1 "D" but I looked back at some of the other games that they played and almost loss and this is what I got.

    Week 10 against the Patriots at home.....

    Patriots punt and kick return YDS 216

    Colts return YDS 109

    The reason why I picked the game with the Patriots is because its a game that the Colts also (in many eyes) got lucky to win against a high powered offense. The Patriots were at that time was a very hot team, beating teams such as Miami, Jets, Baltimore, ATL, fucked up Titans by the score of 59-0 and lost in over time to a hot undefeated Broncos team 17-20. Philly and the NYG had also fallen to the Pats as well. The Patriots "Shit The Bed" in the end and allowed Colts to comeback and win by 1 point. 

    These stats I think is the most important hurdle for the Colts to win and the FRONT LINE for the Saints army in this war during the Super Bowl. If the Saints win the Return Yardage as well as the Time of Pos. then they will more than likely to win this game. Saints do have the better Rushing game to keep Manning on the side line. It is already proven that the Saints do not need to have the most 1st downs due to the fact on how fast they score, but most importantly the field position that RB Regie Bush and Co. gives Brees and his arsenal to start with. Most of all, once again I will say that the Saints is not "1 dimensional" and predictable like the Patriots. To me that is key for Saints success in this game. Colts will score, but my head and heart tells me that it wont be enough due to the Real Estate that they will always have to start with and against a healthy defense that is rejuvenated by love and inspiration from the city of New Orleans. Just check out the last two games the Saints played and you will see that their game plan includes kicking it into the End Zone every time and it worked.

     I hope this helps you out BaB.

    808PICKYBOY


     
    ALXFREED13
    ALXFREED13
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 55
    Posted: Jan. 27, 2010 - 10:02 AM ET #68

    New Orleans does not have a pass rush with its 4 man DL they have to blitz to pressure QBs. Much of their success on defense comes from Gregg Williams blitz packages. Indy has 4 vertical threats even with 7 defensive backs one of those threats will get single coverage.
    Indy's defense can get pressure without blitzing
    Quietly without fanfare Indy has developed a top 5 defense
    Indy's speed on defense wears teams out Just ask the Ravens and Jets Those.Two teams have better offensive lines than New Orleans
    Brees and the New Orleans special teams will keep this game close in the first half. Indy pulls away in the second final; score
    34 - 24  Indy -7 and over 56

    Reply
    New Orleans does not have a pass rush with its 4 man DL they have to blitz to pressure QBs. Much of their success on defense comes from Gregg Williams blitz packages. Indy has 4 vertical threats even with 7 defensive backs one of those threats will get single coverage.
    Indy's defense can get pressure without blitzing
    Quietly without fanfare Indy has developed a top 5 defense
    Indy's speed on defense wears teams out Just ask the Ravens and Jets Those.Two teams have better offensive lines than New Orleans
    Brees and the New Orleans special teams will keep this game close in the first half. Indy pulls away in the second final; score
    34 - 24  Indy -7 and over 56

     
    TauntedStreet
    TauntedStreet
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 155
    Posted: Jan. 27, 2010 - 10:53 AM ET #69

    Amazing. Looking back to when Indianapolis was last in the Super Bowl, in Miami, versus Chicago, there were 26 pages of posts. 26! No smack talk (writing, as it were), and here, we're three pages in, and much the same. Well done.

    That said, within these three pages, not one poster has made mention of the weather. No one. Now, I'm not one to factor it in so easily (not even the "Tuck rule" Oak at NE, with loads of snow, or the last time the Super Bowl were held in South Florida). Yet, it rained in that Colts-Bears Super Bowl. It did impact the outcome, no matter how you want to spin it.

    Not until this year have I liked Peyton Manning outdoors, on grass. Can't be explained. The Colts never seemed to cover. See: Indianapolis record at Patriots - with or without post-season thrown in. Jacksonville even had Indy's number, in many a low-scoring affairs since 2002. Again, that wasn't the case this season.

    It's Miami, in February. It is bound to rain, and make for "less than ideal" field conditions. Don't jump the gun on the Over just yet. Don't look at the forecast too early. Most any monkey (along with you or I) can be a meteorologist; let's face it, a majority of the time they're wrong - even with radar and balloons.

    Manning on grass, and outdoors has typically equated to more costly errors. Saints have also been more 'opportunistic' on D this season. This early, I have a heavy lean - like a Jenny Craig dropout maneuvering toward her 12" meatball sub - on the Under. The victor is still undecided. <Watching the line, I will be>  

    Reply

    Amazing. Looking back to when Indianapolis was last in the Super Bowl, in Miami, versus Chicago, there were 26 pages of posts. 26! No smack talk (writing, as it were), and here, we're three pages in, and much the same. Well done.

    That said, within these three pages, not one poster has made mention of the weather. No one. Now, I'm not one to factor it in so easily (not even the "Tuck rule" Oak at NE, with loads of snow, or the last time the Super Bowl were held in South Florida). Yet, it rained in that Colts-Bears Super Bowl. It did impact the outcome, no matter how you want to spin it.

    Not until this year have I liked Peyton Manning outdoors, on grass. Can't be explained. The Colts never seemed to cover. See: Indianapolis record at Patriots - with or without post-season thrown in. Jacksonville even had Indy's number, in many a low-scoring affairs since 2002. Again, that wasn't the case this season.

    It's Miami, in February. It is bound to rain, and make for "less than ideal" field conditions. Don't jump the gun on the Over just yet. Don't look at the forecast too early. Most any monkey (along with you or I) can be a meteorologist; let's face it, a majority of the time they're wrong - even with radar and balloons.

    Manning on grass, and outdoors has typically equated to more costly errors. Saints have also been more 'opportunistic' on D this season. This early, I have a heavy lean - like a Jenny Craig dropout maneuvering toward her 12" meatball sub - on the Under. The victor is still undecided. <Watching the line, I will be>  

     
    bouncer07
    bouncer07
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 883
    Posted: Jan. 27, 2010 - 3:39 PM ET #70

    President Obama is cheering on the Saints... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSG11wg5ClU

    and Obama catching Dree Bree's throw!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXsoDx9s0j0

    Reply

    President Obama is cheering on the Saints... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSG11wg5ClU

    and Obama catching Dree Bree's throw!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXsoDx9s0j0

     
    jwadd
    jwadd
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 27
    Posted: Jan. 27, 2010 - 4:25 PM ET #71

    I know New Orleans is the feel good story of the year and I like them too, but please, Saints fans, do not waste your hard-earned money on this one.  Play the total or prop bets, but not the Saints.  I'm from Indy and am still amazed at the lack of knowledge about our defense.  I was bragging in Vegas last month about how I got the Colts at 15-1 to win the Super Bowl in week 2 and I kept hearing that our defense was soft and only had one good player (Freeney).  These so-called "gamblers" didn't even know Mathis was voted in to the Pro Bowl along with Freeney (and Brackett and Bethea probably should have been IMHO).  Anyway, our team speed is ridiculous.  The Jets couldn't run against us and their two touchdowns were horrible mistakes by our DBs which are unlikely to happen again.  And the offense is obviously one of the best in recent memory-once Manning figures out the opposing defense (and the Saints D is noticably worse than the Jets D), he just marches up and down the field.  No one heard of Garcon before Sunday and yet he sets an AFC championship record.  Why?  Because Manning exploited that weakness, throwing away from Revais.  Sure, the Saints will score some, but not nearly as much as the Colts.  That line is moving out-get on the Colts as soon as possible because they're likely to win by double figures.  They'll march up and down the field like the Vikings did, only they won't have 5 turnovers.

    Reply

    I know New Orleans is the feel good story of the year and I like them too, but please, Saints fans, do not waste your hard-earned money on this one.  Play the total or prop bets, but not the Saints.  I'm from Indy and am still amazed at the lack of knowledge about our defense.  I was bragging in Vegas last month about how I got the Colts at 15-1 to win the Super Bowl in week 2 and I kept hearing that our defense was soft and only had one good player (Freeney).  These so-called "gamblers" didn't even know Mathis was voted in to the Pro Bowl along with Freeney (and Brackett and Bethea probably should have been IMHO).  Anyway, our team speed is ridiculous.  The Jets couldn't run against us and their two touchdowns were horrible mistakes by our DBs which are unlikely to happen again.  And the offense is obviously one of the best in recent memory-once Manning figures out the opposing defense (and the Saints D is noticably worse than the Jets D), he just marches up and down the field.  No one heard of Garcon before Sunday and yet he sets an AFC championship record.  Why?  Because Manning exploited that weakness, throwing away from Revais.  Sure, the Saints will score some, but not nearly as much as the Colts.  That line is moving out-get on the Colts as soon as possible because they're likely to win by double figures.  They'll march up and down the field like the Vikings did, only they won't have 5 turnovers.

     
    CanadaCup
    CanadaCup
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 16377
    Posted: Jan. 27, 2010 - 5:15 PM ET #72

    If New Orleans Saints really want to get into Peyton Manning's head, they should all wear Florida Gator uniforms.
    Reply
    If New Orleans Saints really want to get into Peyton Manning's head, they should all wear Florida Gator uniforms.
     
    nflwinnings
    nflwinnings
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2009
    Posts: 63
    Posted: Jan. 27, 2010 - 5:31 PM ET #73

    the AINTS will choke again in the SB.  these clowns do not belong.  Favre pissed the game away but thankfully he covered the spread.

    Manning will show no mercy to his home town team.  The AINTS won't score a single point this game.
    Reply
    the AINTS will choke again in the SB.  these clowns do not belong.  Favre pissed the game away but thankfully he covered the spread.

    Manning will show no mercy to his home town team.  The AINTS won't score a single point this game.
     
    BreakaBookie
    BreakaBookie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 1743
    Posted: Jan. 27, 2010 - 6:24 PM ET #74

    well I'll think they will score some points.... on contrary to the above post....

    my origonal lean was the Colts moneyline.... but I can't lay that much, it's just not worth it.....

    The one thing I can't get through my head is the Saints on the road.... the fact that they haven't really been tested scares me.... all of there tough opponents have come to the Superdome.... that crowd noise is such a huge factor.....

    I do think the Saints Defense is better than analysts say.... I also feel the same way about the Colts D.... that play on Berrian in the red-zone was really a great strip..... but Farve did swiss cheese this defense.... the way Williams runs this D is basically to rely on the turnover or big play.... I just don't see the Colts turning the ball over....

    last week in the Jets/Colts thread I posted how the Jets would take away Wayne and Clark, and how they would have to rely on 2 rookies to beat them..... and guess what, they did.... I just feel like INDY has too many weapons

    I will tell you......... 7.5 points is a nice number to take if your a Saints backer.... afterall, they did have the highest scoring offense in the league, even though they weren't really tested on the road....

    2 dome teams on grass is hard to cap.... plus all it does in Miami is rain....

    I may buy the line up to 7.5 and take the Saints.... even though I'm convinced the Colts will WIN this game....



    no real play yet, I just wanted to post some of my ideas
    Reply
    well I'll think they will score some points.... on contrary to the above post....

    my origonal lean was the Colts moneyline.... but I can't lay that much, it's just not worth it.....

    The one thing I can't get through my head is the Saints on the road.... the fact that they haven't really been tested scares me.... all of there tough opponents have come to the Superdome.... that crowd noise is such a huge factor.....

    I do think the Saints Defense is better than analysts say.... I also feel the same way about the Colts D.... that play on Berrian in the red-zone was really a great strip..... but Farve did swiss cheese this defense.... the way Williams runs this D is basically to rely on the turnover or big play.... I just don't see the Colts turning the ball over....

    last week in the Jets/Colts thread I posted how the Jets would take away Wayne and Clark, and how they would have to rely on 2 rookies to beat them..... and guess what, they did.... I just feel like INDY has too many weapons

    I will tell you......... 7.5 points is a nice number to take if your a Saints backer.... afterall, they did have the highest scoring offense in the league, even though they weren't really tested on the road....

    2 dome teams on grass is hard to cap.... plus all it does in Miami is rain....

    I may buy the line up to 7.5 and take the Saints.... even though I'm convinced the Colts will WIN this game....



    no real play yet, I just wanted to post some of my ideas
     
     
    808pickyboy
    808pickyboy
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 537
    Posted: Jan. 27, 2010 - 7:00 PM ET #75

    Quote Originally Posted by TauntedStreet:

    Amazing. Looking back to when Indianapolis was last in the Super Bowl, in Miami, versus Chicago, there were 26 pages of posts. 26! No smack talk (writing, as it were), and here, we're three pages in, and much the same. Well done.

    That said, within these three pages, not one poster has made mention of the weather. No one. Now, I'm not one to factor it in so easily (not even the "Tuck rule" Oak at NE, with loads of snow, or the last time the Super Bowl were held in South Florida). Yet, it rained in that Colts-Bears Super Bowl. It did impact the outcome, no matter how you want to spin it.

    Not until this year have I liked Peyton Manning outdoors, on grass. Can't be explained. The Colts never seemed to cover. See: Indianapolis record at Patriots - with or without post-season thrown in. Jacksonville even had Indy's number, in many a low-scoring affairs since 2002. Again, that wasn't the case this season.

    It's Miami, in February. It is bound to rain, and make for "less than ideal" field conditions. Don't jump the gun on the Over just yet. Don't look at the forecast too early. Most any monkey (along with you or I) can be a meteorologist; let's face it, a majority of the time they're wrong - even with radar and balloons.

    Manning on grass, and outdoors has typically equated to more costly errors. Saints have also been more 'opportunistic' on D this season. This early, I have a heavy lean - like a Jenny Craig dropout maneuvering toward her 12" meatball sub - on the Under. The victor is still undecided.   

    Jenny Craig huh? You know she and her dropouts could do well as linesmen for Indy or Saints if they do get through that 12th sub.

    Is the stadium indoors or outdoor? Is it a stadium with a retractable cover? If it is an open stadium and since it is grass, you know as well as I do that these two teams favor turf and indoors. With weather coming into play, you have a great point on the unders. The only thing that stands out is the game in Philly for the Saints. Open stadium on grass and they still managed to score 48 points. 47 the next with the G-MEN. Then you take the game with the Redskins on a wet sloppy grass like a porn star vet, and they still scored high 20's.

    Good to see you Tauntedstreet. 808PICKYBOY

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TauntedStreet:

    Amazing. Looking back to when Indianapolis was last in the Super Bowl, in Miami, versus Chicago, there were 26 pages of posts. 26! No smack talk (writing, as it were), and here, we're three pages in, and much the same. Well done.

    That said, within these three pages, not one poster has made mention of the weather. No one. Now, I'm not one to factor it in so easily (not even the "Tuck rule" Oak at NE, with loads of snow, or the last time the Super Bowl were held in South Florida). Yet, it rained in that Colts-Bears Super Bowl. It did impact the outcome, no matter how you want to spin it.

    Not until this year have I liked Peyton Manning outdoors, on grass. Can't be explained. The Colts never seemed to cover. See: Indianapolis record at Patriots - with or without post-season thrown in. Jacksonville even had Indy's number, in many a low-scoring affairs since 2002. Again, that wasn't the case this season.

    It's Miami, in February. It is bound to rain, and make for "less than ideal" field conditions. Don't jump the gun on the Over just yet. Don't look at the forecast too early. Most any monkey (along with you or I) can be a meteorologist; let's face it, a majority of the time they're wrong - even with radar and balloons.

    Manning on grass, and outdoors has typically equated to more costly errors. Saints have also been more 'opportunistic' on D this season. This early, I have a heavy lean - like a Jenny Craig dropout maneuvering toward her 12" meatball sub - on the Under. The victor is still undecided.   

    Jenny Craig huh? You know she and her dropouts could do well as linesmen for Indy or Saints if they do get through that 12th sub.

    Is the stadium indoors or outdoor? Is it a stadium with a retractable cover? If it is an open stadium and since it is grass, you know as well as I do that these two teams favor turf and indoors. With weather coming into play, you have a great point on the unders. The only thing that stands out is the game in Philly for the Saints. Open stadium on grass and they still managed to score 48 points. 47 the next with the G-MEN. Then you take the game with the Redskins on a wet sloppy grass like a porn star vet, and they still scored high 20's.

    Good to see you Tauntedstreet. 808PICKYBOY

    All Forums | Pro Football
    «First Previous 345 ... 131415 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,956
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,204
    • Eagles vs Bears in-game live MNF 2,842
    • PART DEUX 298
    • Tuesday 09/29/2026 564
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,009
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,476
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 3,448
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,618
    • the whole problem is knowingly spreading false info to vulnerable people 21,192

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.