• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Buccaneers-Cowboys Leans
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Penalty Box

    When Libs Meet MAGAs

    «First Previous 12
    jpot34
    Calde13
    StumpTownStu
    User854910
    ABooksNightmare
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 331
    Posts: 46
    «First Previous 12
     
    jpot34
    jpot34
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2010
    Posts: 13333
    Posted: Oct. 28, 2025 - 1:37 PM ET #26

    @Calde13

     You still yakking?

    6K GOLD/$150 SILVER/ Find JESUS! Yes, I'm a sinner!!
    Reply

    @Calde13

     You still yakking?

     
    Calde13
    Calde13
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2023
    Posts: 3697
    Posted: Oct. 28, 2025 - 1:46 PM ET #27

    Quote Originally Posted by jpot34:

    @Calde13  You still yakking?

    I will take “not receive life lessons from the nation watching the snooze party known as baseball - for 1000 USD Ken Jennings”

    Don't mention the frogs - we don't want to scare the toddler - we want him to sleep
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by jpot34:

    @Calde13  You still yakking?

    I will take “not receive life lessons from the nation watching the snooze party known as baseball - for 1000 USD Ken Jennings”

     
    Calde13
    Calde13
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2023
    Posts: 3697
    Posted: Oct. 28, 2025 - 1:59 PM ET #28

    Btw guys don’t cry - you will soon get rid of me - I am going to war on Friday - so I won’t be in here anymore an_cheers

    Don't mention the frogs - we don't want to scare the toddler - we want him to sleep
    Reply

    Btw guys don’t cry - you will soon get rid of me - I am going to war on Friday - so I won’t be in here anymore an_cheers

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Oct. 28, 2025 - 2:57 PM ET #29

    @Calde13

     Mountains are a foreign concept to you? Bicycles?

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    @Calde13

     Mountains are a foreign concept to you? Bicycles?

     
    User854910
    User854910
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2018
    Posts: 4581
    Posted: Oct. 28, 2025 - 4:42 PM ET #30

    Post Deleted
    Don't let the book set the number
    Reply
    Post Deleted
     
    ABooksNightmare
    ABooksNightmare
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 26650
    Posted: Oct. 28, 2025 - 4:58 PM ET #31

    an_roll_laughmountains are a foreign concept to you

     

    Over the hills and through the woods to grandmother's house we go, takes on a whole new mean-ean

     

    Being a world traveler though should amount to some points

    COVERS allows u to tell someone they are sexually frustrated so long as ur hands are clean
    Reply

    an_roll_laughmountains are a foreign concept to you

     

    Over the hills and through the woods to grandmother's house we go, takes on a whole new mean-ean

     

    Being a world traveler though should amount to some points

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34434
    Posted: Oct. 28, 2025 - 5:25 PM ET #32

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    @Calde13  Mountains are a foreign concept to you? Bicycles?

    To be honest they actually are.  
    They are known as the country in Europe with the lowest high point.  

    I have been to a lot of country’s highest points.  
    So, one time when I was in Denmark a guy I was with joked and asked if I wanted to visit their highest ‘mountain’.  I said, sure. 
    So, we stopped by and looked around a bit.  It is maybe 400-500 feet high. 

    Then like 4 or 5 years later they changed it and said that another ‘hill’ close by is actually a tad higher.  
    an_roll_laugh

    Then what is even funnier is there are really 4 or 5 places that lay claim to the highest point.  One I wouldn’t count because they say it is essentially manmade.  

    So, in a sense, ‘mountains’ are ‘a foreign concept’ to them — because they are confused about their own.

    an_light

    So, since I have been to the highest point at the time and the ‘new’ high point is close by — I still claim it.  
    peace_5

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    @Calde13  Mountains are a foreign concept to you? Bicycles?

    To be honest they actually are.  
    They are known as the country in Europe with the lowest high point.  

    I have been to a lot of country’s highest points.  
    So, one time when I was in Denmark a guy I was with joked and asked if I wanted to visit their highest ‘mountain’.  I said, sure. 
    So, we stopped by and looked around a bit.  It is maybe 400-500 feet high. 

    Then like 4 or 5 years later they changed it and said that another ‘hill’ close by is actually a tad higher.  
    an_roll_laugh

    Then what is even funnier is there are really 4 or 5 places that lay claim to the highest point.  One I wouldn’t count because they say it is essentially manmade.  

    So, in a sense, ‘mountains’ are ‘a foreign concept’ to them — because they are confused about their own.

    an_light

    So, since I have been to the highest point at the time and the ‘new’ high point is close by — I still claim it.  
    peace_5

     
    User854910
    User854910
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2018
    Posts: 4581
    Posted: Oct. 28, 2025 - 5:53 PM ET #33

    Post Deleted
    Don't let the book set the number
    Reply
    Post Deleted
     
    ABooksNightmare
    ABooksNightmare
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 26650
    Posted: Oct. 28, 2025 - 6:00 PM ET #34

    So, you're saying Calde wouldn't know if he has peaked yet or that he is high when he makes his pointsan_eek2

     

    400 or 500 feet high....I have ant hills taller than that where I live and I live on the coast paint_help

    COVERS allows u to tell someone they are sexually frustrated so long as ur hands are clean
    Reply

    So, you're saying Calde wouldn't know if he has peaked yet or that he is high when he makes his pointsan_eek2

     

    400 or 500 feet high....I have ant hills taller than that where I live and I live on the coast paint_help

     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Oct. 28, 2025 - 6:08 PM ET #35

    @Raiders22

     We west coast people tend to laugh when we hear about the mountains back east. I think a couple of our passes are higher than most "peaks" back east. I can't imagine 500 ft. being a high point, lol.

    Reply

    @Raiders22

     We west coast people tend to laugh when we hear about the mountains back east. I think a couple of our passes are higher than most "peaks" back east. I can't imagine 500 ft. being a high point, lol.

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34434
    Posted: Oct. 28, 2025 - 6:21 PM ET #36

    @THEMUGG

     

     Yes.  Kind of like, say, Florida's highest point.  Some places are just not mountainous at all.  But every one of them still has a 'high' point.  It is all relative.

    I actually like the Appalachians for hiking a lot.  There are some pretty solid hikes there that are fairly strenuous.  So, the folks that say they are 'just foothills'

    do not realize they are still mountains and can be a solid trek.

    I like them better than, say, a lot of the Rockies, because you have trees and really nice scenery.

    Plus, I usually hike when it is cooler or cold so the humidity is not that big of a deal.

    But the area you are in has a lot to be said for it too!

    peace_5

    Reply

    @THEMUGG

     

     Yes.  Kind of like, say, Florida's highest point.  Some places are just not mountainous at all.  But every one of them still has a 'high' point.  It is all relative.

    I actually like the Appalachians for hiking a lot.  There are some pretty solid hikes there that are fairly strenuous.  So, the folks that say they are 'just foothills'

    do not realize they are still mountains and can be a solid trek.

    I like them better than, say, a lot of the Rockies, because you have trees and really nice scenery.

    Plus, I usually hike when it is cooler or cold so the humidity is not that big of a deal.

    But the area you are in has a lot to be said for it too!

    peace_5

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34434
    Posted: Oct. 28, 2025 - 6:24 PM ET #37

    Quote Originally Posted by ABooksNightmare:

    So, you're saying Calde wouldn't know if he has peaked yet or that he is high when he makes his points   400 or 500 feet high....I have ant hills taller than that where I live and I live on the coast

    No,  I am sure he has been to many of the places in Europe that do have some nice mountains.

    I always think of that time visiting their 'mountains' when it comes up and and how they changed it later to another spot.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by ABooksNightmare:

    So, you're saying Calde wouldn't know if he has peaked yet or that he is high when he makes his points   400 or 500 feet high....I have ant hills taller than that where I live and I live on the coast

    No,  I am sure he has been to many of the places in Europe that do have some nice mountains.

    I always think of that time visiting their 'mountains' when it comes up and and how they changed it later to another spot.

     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Oct. 28, 2025 - 7:38 PM ET #38

    @Raiders22

      Each has their own beauty. I used to do a lot of backpacking in the 70's-80's....have hiked the Pacific Crest trail a few times (not the whole length, lol) & there are stellar views everywhere. Now it's just too damn crowded.

    Reply

    @Raiders22

      Each has their own beauty. I used to do a lot of backpacking in the 70's-80's....have hiked the Pacific Crest trail a few times (not the whole length, lol) & there are stellar views everywhere. Now it's just too damn crowded.

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34434
    Posted: Oct. 28, 2025 - 8:35 PM ET #39

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    @Raiders22   Each has their own beauty. I used to do a lot of backpacking in the 70's-80's....have hiked the Pacific Crest trail a few times (not the whole length, lol) & there are stellar views everywhere. Now it's just too damn crowded.

    Yes, very true that there are nice hikes everywhere.  Each are uniquely enthralling.

    Yes, I have been on a lot of the parts of the AT, PCT, and the CDT.  I never really had the time to do one in totality.

    I keep saying that I will one day.  But time certainly has a way of getting away from you.

    peace_5

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    @Raiders22   Each has their own beauty. I used to do a lot of backpacking in the 70's-80's....have hiked the Pacific Crest trail a few times (not the whole length, lol) & there are stellar views everywhere. Now it's just too damn crowded.

    Yes, very true that there are nice hikes everywhere.  Each are uniquely enthralling.

    Yes, I have been on a lot of the parts of the AT, PCT, and the CDT.  I never really had the time to do one in totality.

    I keep saying that I will one day.  But time certainly has a way of getting away from you.

    peace_5

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Oct. 28, 2025 - 10:37 PM ET #40

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    @Raiders22  We west coast people tend to laugh when we hear about the mountains back east. I think a couple of our passes are higher than most "peaks" back east. I can't imagine 500 ft. being a high point, lol.

    I tend to jokingly roast eastern U.S. mountain ranges too, but honestly, base elevation has to be considered. The Rockies are pretty uniformly high but the Colorado plateau itself is like 6,000+. The example I always use to illustrate this is Denver. Denver is "the Mile High City". And people who don't know any better assume it's in the Rockies. It's not. It's very near the Rockies but not in them. Flagstaff is over 7,000'. And while Flagstaff very much feels like a mountain town, it's not really in the mountains. It's just on the Colorado Plateau. There are mountains near Flagstaff. Technically even in the citiy limits. It's not in the mountains like, say, Telluride. Or Lake Tahoe. For context, the Tibetan plateau is like 14,000'. So it's all perspective.

    I have done some backpacking in the Whites and they were pretty rugged.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    @Raiders22  We west coast people tend to laugh when we hear about the mountains back east. I think a couple of our passes are higher than most "peaks" back east. I can't imagine 500 ft. being a high point, lol.

    I tend to jokingly roast eastern U.S. mountain ranges too, but honestly, base elevation has to be considered. The Rockies are pretty uniformly high but the Colorado plateau itself is like 6,000+. The example I always use to illustrate this is Denver. Denver is "the Mile High City". And people who don't know any better assume it's in the Rockies. It's not. It's very near the Rockies but not in them. Flagstaff is over 7,000'. And while Flagstaff very much feels like a mountain town, it's not really in the mountains. It's just on the Colorado Plateau. There are mountains near Flagstaff. Technically even in the citiy limits. It's not in the mountains like, say, Telluride. Or Lake Tahoe. For context, the Tibetan plateau is like 14,000'. So it's all perspective.

    I have done some backpacking in the Whites and they were pretty rugged.

     
    User854910
    User854910
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2018
    Posts: 4581
    Posted: Oct. 28, 2025 - 11:02 PM ET #41

    Post Deleted
    Don't let the book set the number
    Reply
    Post Deleted
     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34434
    Posted: Oct. 28, 2025 - 11:09 PM ET #42

    @unplucked_gem

     Very true.  I have encountered some harsh conditions on the AT.  

    Mt. Washington is the place everyone points to for the erratic weather.  But all along there can be some bad weather at just about any time of the year.

    peace_5

    Reply

    @unplucked_gem

     Very true.  I have encountered some harsh conditions on the AT.  

    Mt. Washington is the place everyone points to for the erratic weather.  But all along there can be some bad weather at just about any time of the year.

    peace_5

     
    jpot34
    jpot34
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2010
    Posts: 13333
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2025 - 8:14 AM ET #43

    @Calde13

     The Camp of the Saints Is Now Denmark’s Official Policy – The Burning Platform

    6K GOLD/$150 SILVER/ Find JESUS! Yes, I'm a sinner!!
    Reply

    @Calde13

     The Camp of the Saints Is Now Denmark’s Official Policy – The Burning Platform

     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2025 - 12:32 PM ET #44

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG: @Raiders22  We west coast people tend to laugh when we hear about the mountains back east. I think a couple of our passes are higher than most "peaks" back east. I can't imagine 500 ft. being a high point, lol. I tend to jokingly roast eastern U.S. mountain ranges too, but honestly, base elevation has to be considered. The Rockies are pretty uniformly high but the Colorado plateau itself is like 6,000+. The example I always use to illustrate this is Denver. Denver is "the Mile High City". And people who don't know any better assume it's in the Rockies. It's not. It's very near the Rockies but not in them. Flagstaff is over 7,000'. And while Flagstaff very much feels like a mountain town, it's not really in the mountains. It's just on the Colorado Plateau. There are mountains near Flagstaff. Technically even in the citiy limits. It's not in the mountains like, say, Telluride. Or Lake Tahoe. For context, the Tibetan plateau is like 14,000'. So it's all perspective. I have done some backpacking in the Whites and they were pretty rugged.
    Yep, the Rockies, while beautiful, aren't as impressive as one might think by their altitude. Flying into Denver for the first time I thought "huh....". Still, I had inlaws that had a summer place near Creed, CO. I have a picture somewhere of me standing next to the elev. sign in Slumgullion Pass.......not sure when I'll ever be outside a plane again at 11,000+ ft., lol.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG: @Raiders22  We west coast people tend to laugh when we hear about the mountains back east. I think a couple of our passes are higher than most "peaks" back east. I can't imagine 500 ft. being a high point, lol. I tend to jokingly roast eastern U.S. mountain ranges too, but honestly, base elevation has to be considered. The Rockies are pretty uniformly high but the Colorado plateau itself is like 6,000+. The example I always use to illustrate this is Denver. Denver is "the Mile High City". And people who don't know any better assume it's in the Rockies. It's not. It's very near the Rockies but not in them. Flagstaff is over 7,000'. And while Flagstaff very much feels like a mountain town, it's not really in the mountains. It's just on the Colorado Plateau. There are mountains near Flagstaff. Technically even in the citiy limits. It's not in the mountains like, say, Telluride. Or Lake Tahoe. For context, the Tibetan plateau is like 14,000'. So it's all perspective. I have done some backpacking in the Whites and they were pretty rugged.
    Yep, the Rockies, while beautiful, aren't as impressive as one might think by their altitude. Flying into Denver for the first time I thought "huh....". Still, I had inlaws that had a summer place near Creed, CO. I have a picture somewhere of me standing next to the elev. sign in Slumgullion Pass.......not sure when I'll ever be outside a plane again at 11,000+ ft., lol.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2025 - 1:17 PM ET #45

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG: @Raiders22  We west coast people tend to laugh when we hear about the mountains back east. I think a couple of our passes are higher than most "peaks" back east. I can't imagine 500 ft. being a high point, lol. I tend to jokingly roast eastern U.S. mountain ranges too, but honestly, base elevation has to be considered. The Rockies are pretty uniformly high but the Colorado plateau itself is like 6,000+. The example I always use to illustrate this is Denver. Denver is "the Mile High City". And people who don't know any better assume it's in the Rockies. It's not. It's very near the Rockies but not in them. Flagstaff is over 7,000'. And while Flagstaff very much feels like a mountain town, it's not really in the mountains. It's just on the Colorado Plateau. There are mountains near Flagstaff. Technically even in the citiy limits. It's not in the mountains like, say, Telluride. Or Lake Tahoe. For context, the Tibetan plateau is like 14,000'. So it's all perspective. I have done some backpacking in the Whites and they were pretty rugged.Yep, the Rockies, while beautiful, aren't as impressive as one might think by their altitude. Flying into Denver for the first time I thought "huh....". Still, I had inlaws that had a summer place near Creed, CO. I have a picture somewhere of me standing next to the elev. sign in Slumgullion Pass.......not sure when I'll ever be outside a plane again at 11,000+ ft., lol.

    The Rockies are impressive. When you're in Denver, you're up against the Front range but you have to remember that the Rockies are a grouping od many smaller ranges. And some are downright amazing. Like Raiders was mentioning, a lot of the ranges in Colorado are "ugly" (My wording, not his). Do you the composition of the rock, and the shear elevation, so much of it being above the tree line, a lot of it is bare. It's rocky, no pun intended. There's talus everywhere. Still amazing. All mountains are amazing and beautiful to me. And the Colorado Rockies has the best andclargest collection of mountain towns. With that said, for pure beauty the northern ranges are where it's at as far as the Rockies are concerned.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG: @Raiders22  We west coast people tend to laugh when we hear about the mountains back east. I think a couple of our passes are higher than most "peaks" back east. I can't imagine 500 ft. being a high point, lol. I tend to jokingly roast eastern U.S. mountain ranges too, but honestly, base elevation has to be considered. The Rockies are pretty uniformly high but the Colorado plateau itself is like 6,000+. The example I always use to illustrate this is Denver. Denver is "the Mile High City". And people who don't know any better assume it's in the Rockies. It's not. It's very near the Rockies but not in them. Flagstaff is over 7,000'. And while Flagstaff very much feels like a mountain town, it's not really in the mountains. It's just on the Colorado Plateau. There are mountains near Flagstaff. Technically even in the citiy limits. It's not in the mountains like, say, Telluride. Or Lake Tahoe. For context, the Tibetan plateau is like 14,000'. So it's all perspective. I have done some backpacking in the Whites and they were pretty rugged.Yep, the Rockies, while beautiful, aren't as impressive as one might think by their altitude. Flying into Denver for the first time I thought "huh....". Still, I had inlaws that had a summer place near Creed, CO. I have a picture somewhere of me standing next to the elev. sign in Slumgullion Pass.......not sure when I'll ever be outside a plane again at 11,000+ ft., lol.

    The Rockies are impressive. When you're in Denver, you're up against the Front range but you have to remember that the Rockies are a grouping od many smaller ranges. And some are downright amazing. Like Raiders was mentioning, a lot of the ranges in Colorado are "ugly" (My wording, not his). Do you the composition of the rock, and the shear elevation, so much of it being above the tree line, a lot of it is bare. It's rocky, no pun intended. There's talus everywhere. Still amazing. All mountains are amazing and beautiful to me. And the Colorado Rockies has the best andclargest collection of mountain towns. With that said, for pure beauty the northern ranges are where it's at as far as the Rockies are concerned.

     
     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34434
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2025 - 3:29 PM ET #46

    @THEMUGG

     Yes, you have to enjoy the times you get a chance to be at that altitude.

    Last month I was going through the Andes from a park to the airport.  You reach just over 13,000 feet.

    The phones have a compass feature with altitude on them now.  I took a screenshot at each 1000' increment over 10,000 feet.

    But the treeline is a lot higher than it is in the Rockies.  So, you get better scenery with the trees and waterfalls to me.

    But it is always good to enjoy the mountains when you have a chance.

    peace_5

    Reply

    @THEMUGG

     Yes, you have to enjoy the times you get a chance to be at that altitude.

    Last month I was going through the Andes from a park to the airport.  You reach just over 13,000 feet.

    The phones have a compass feature with altitude on them now.  I took a screenshot at each 1000' increment over 10,000 feet.

    But the treeline is a lot higher than it is in the Rockies.  So, you get better scenery with the trees and waterfalls to me.

    But it is always good to enjoy the mountains when you have a chance.

    peace_5

    All Forums | Penalty Box
    «First Previous 12

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Monday 10/05/2026 694
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,275
    • PART DEUX 187
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,728
    • Falcons vs Saints in-game live MNF 1,789
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,811
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 9,657
    • ***Macwesties * Mon. Oct. 05, 2026 * Week #4 * MNF * NFL Football Play*** 3,124
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,610
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 17,721

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.