• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Other

    2011 Tim Hortons Brier

    «First Previous 345 ... 567 Next Last»
    beamjim
    Angelus
    gmar55
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 8586
    Posts: 170
    «First Previous 345 ... 567 Next Last»
     
    beamjim
    beamjim
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 1116
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2011 - 6:08 PM ET #51

    Much better afternoon, capped off by the Territories win.

    Second time forturnate, this spiel. PEI shook after five ends, which is a no-no. You are required to play 7 ends in the Brier and now they could be up for a fine. It did help us cash our under ticket thankfully. I can't say as I blame them for packing it in. Being down by a 10 spot at the break is not much fun.

     

    Have one game, I am ready to unload on, once thelines come out, if they are where I think they will be.

    Reply

    Much better afternoon, capped off by the Territories win.

    Second time forturnate, this spiel. PEI shook after five ends, which is a no-no. You are required to play 7 ends in the Brier and now they could be up for a fine. It did help us cash our under ticket thankfully. I can't say as I blame them for packing it in. Being down by a 10 spot at the break is not much fun.

     

    Have one game, I am ready to unload on, once thelines come out, if they are where I think they will be.

     
    beamjim
    beamjim
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 1116
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2011 - 6:37 PM ET #52

    Locked in on the Que/NWT over. I like to bet bad teams, over and Quebec loves to play aggressive, so I feel good about this one. Time will tell.

    Can't believe one site opened Martin at -160, that was too short. I can't play Martin as I have a future on Manitoba, but at that price it was a steal.

    Based on PEI's performance this afternoon, I took Northern Ontario -3.5. Went over in the NB/NS game medium and a small under in the Mb/Alberta game.

    Reply

    Locked in on the Que/NWT over. I like to bet bad teams, over and Quebec loves to play aggressive, so I feel good about this one. Time will tell.

    Can't believe one site opened Martin at -160, that was too short. I can't play Martin as I have a future on Manitoba, but at that price it was a steal.

    Based on PEI's performance this afternoon, I took Northern Ontario -3.5. Went over in the NB/NS game medium and a small under in the Mb/Alberta game.

     
    Angelus
    Angelus
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 1113
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2011 - 6:48 PM ET #53

    You're right about AB being -160...nailed it hard. Then hedged some off at Pinny at +247. Effectively, I have Alberta to win this at a price of about -103. It's a lot more than I wanted on this game, but at that price I think I will just let it ride.

    I am on North Ontario -3.5 (large), Nova Scotia (mid) and Quebec (small). 

    Once again, I will tail you on the totals. It is working out fairly well for me.
    Reply
    You're right about AB being -160...nailed it hard. Then hedged some off at Pinny at +247. Effectively, I have Alberta to win this at a price of about -103. It's a lot more than I wanted on this game, but at that price I think I will just let it ride.

    I am on North Ontario -3.5 (large), Nova Scotia (mid) and Quebec (small). 

    Once again, I will tail you on the totals. It is working out fairly well for me.
     
    beamjim
    beamjim
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 1116
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2011 - 7:23 PM ET #54

    Very good idea, on playing one line against theother to get Alberta at -103. It looks to me, that they have gotten out of their funk. Everytime I saw a highlight this morning, Simmons was facing a bundle against him.

    Hope the totals work out tonight. I like all of your sides, so we will sink or swim together. good luck.

    Reply

    Very good idea, on playing one line against theother to get Alberta at -103. It looks to me, that they have gotten out of their funk. Everytime I saw a highlight this morning, Simmons was facing a bundle against him.

    Hope the totals work out tonight. I like all of your sides, so we will sink or swim together. good luck.

     
    beamjim
    beamjim
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 1116
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2011 - 9:37 PM ET #55

    Quebec just made a nice shot for 3 in 6. 8-3 after 6. Anything but the steal of one in 7 and we could be in good shape here.
    Reply
    Quebec just made a nice shot for 3 in 6. 8-3 after 6. Anything but the steal of one in 7 and we could be in good shape here.
     
    Angelus
    Angelus
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 1113
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2011 - 10:01 PM ET #56

    I think my two biggest bets this week were Martin's two losses. There's a very good chance that Alberta finishes fourth here...
    Reply
    I think my two biggest bets this week were Martin's two losses. There's a very good chance that Alberta finishes fourth here...
     
    beamjim
    beamjim
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 1116
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2011 - 10:52 PM ET #57

    Yes, you have been snakebitten by Martin. Once he fired that shot, without hitting a Stoughton shot giving up the steal, they never seemed to really give him a chance to get back in the game, from what I saw.

    One more day to grind it out tomorrow. Was never so happy to see three rocks in the rings, when Quebec threw their last one.

     

    Ontario and BC should have some pretty healthy spreads tomorrow, but the other two lines should be interesting.

    Reply

    Yes, you have been snakebitten by Martin. Once he fired that shot, without hitting a Stoughton shot giving up the steal, they never seemed to really give him a chance to get back in the game, from what I saw.

    One more day to grind it out tomorrow. Was never so happy to see three rocks in the rings, when Quebec threw their last one.

     

    Ontario and BC should have some pretty healthy spreads tomorrow, but the other two lines should be interesting.

     
    Angelus
    Angelus
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 1113
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2011 - 11:34 PM ET #58

    Btw, I think I've made a bunch following you on those totals. So keep posting! 
    Reply
    Btw, I think I've made a bunch following you on those totals. So keep posting! 
     
    beamjim
    beamjim
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 1116
    Posted: Mar. 10, 2011 - 9:01 AM ET #59

    Thanks for the kind words Ang. Hopefully we can pull them out for one more day. Awaiting Pinny's lines, but for small plays, I have taken PEI at +265. They are terrible, but perhaps after all the flack they took for quitting early yesterday, maybe they will have a little more into their game today. Besdies, BC has been a disappointment.

    Also, I have Sask slightly better than NB, so at +160 also went small on them.

    Reply

    Thanks for the kind words Ang. Hopefully we can pull them out for one more day. Awaiting Pinny's lines, but for small plays, I have taken PEI at +265. They are terrible, but perhaps after all the flack they took for quitting early yesterday, maybe they will have a little more into their game today. Besdies, BC has been a disappointment.

    Also, I have Sask slightly better than NB, so at +160 also went small on them.

     
    beamjim
    beamjim
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 1116
    Posted: Mar. 10, 2011 - 9:09 AM ET #60

    Meaning New Brunswick.
    Reply
    Meaning New Brunswick.
     
    gmar55
    gmar55
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 526
    Posted: Mar. 10, 2011 - 12:17 PM ET #61

    Freakin' Pinnacle.... couldn't get lines this morning but now they have them out already for the afternoon draw! I've been setting my alarm for 6am Pacific just to get up and check out the AM lines so that was particularly frustrating!

    I'm on N. Ont -1.5 vs NB, Alberta/NWT Under, and Manitoba -2.5 vs Quebec.


    Reply
    Freakin' Pinnacle.... couldn't get lines this morning but now they have them out already for the afternoon draw! I've been setting my alarm for 6am Pacific just to get up and check out the AM lines so that was particularly frustrating!

    I'm on N. Ont -1.5 vs NB, Alberta/NWT Under, and Manitoba -2.5 vs Quebec.


     
    beamjim
    beamjim
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 1116
    Posted: Mar. 10, 2011 - 7:25 PM ET #62

    They have been frustrating, missing lines here and there.

    I have no problem taking Quebec +3.5 and the over in that game tonight. Also on Ontario and small over in that game.

    I suspect that Northern Ontario, will lay down after being eliminated from the playoffs, so I am on Sask.

    Finally, on Nova Scotia on the money line and -1.5.

     

    good luck everyone.

     

     

    Reply

    They have been frustrating, missing lines here and there.

    I have no problem taking Quebec +3.5 and the over in that game tonight. Also on Ontario and small over in that game.

    I suspect that Northern Ontario, will lay down after being eliminated from the playoffs, so I am on Sask.

    Finally, on Nova Scotia on the money line and -1.5.

     

    good luck everyone.

     

     

     
    Angelus
    Angelus
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 1113
    Posted: Mar. 10, 2011 - 10:52 PM ET #63

    So anyone have any thoughts on 1-2 or 3-4 game? Martin sure has Howard's number...Alberta should be a pretty big favorite. No idea what to think about NFLD/MB...
    Reply
    So anyone have any thoughts on 1-2 or 3-4 game? Martin sure has Howard's number...Alberta should be a pretty big favorite. No idea what to think about NFLD/MB...
     
    beamjim
    beamjim
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 1116
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2011 - 8:54 AM ET #64

    Not sure about the Howard/Martin game yet.  I have a future on Manitoba, so I have no play on the line, but I really do like the under in tonights' agame and have played it at -125.
    Reply
    Not sure about the Howard/Martin game yet.  I have a future on Manitoba, so I have no play on the line, but I really do like the under in tonights' agame and have played it at -125.
     
    Angelus
    Angelus
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 1113
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2011 - 9:54 AM ET #65

    I will join you on that under. I also hit up Newfoundland at +151. They have last rock and choice of stones. They also beat MB during round robin play. So to me, that number is screaming value. It almost seems like they have it backwards...am I missing something?

    I've locked in Alberta -115 at the greek as well.
    Reply
    I will join you on that under. I also hit up Newfoundland at +151. They have last rock and choice of stones. They also beat MB during round robin play. So to me, that number is screaming value. It almost seems like they have it backwards...am I missing something?

    I've locked in Alberta -115 at the greek as well.
     
    beamjim
    beamjim
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 1116
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2011 - 6:51 PM ET #66

    Well, good question. I mean Gushue has played well all week and there is big value there. I think though the public trusts Stoughton or perhaps his team a little more and that is why the money is flowing in on the Bisons. I think it is shaing up to be a good game.

    I was looking back to the playoffs over the last number of years and there certainly is more overs, than unders. This makes me a little nervous tonight, as I think the last four or five 1-2 games all went over.

    I can see why, I think when you are the only game on the ice, you don't want to be timid and make it boring for the fans, so you play a little more aggressive 

    I am sticking with the under tonight, I can't believe it is at -161 now, obviously there are a few like me that are on it also. I just feel if Stoughton can get a lead, they hit so well, I can see it as a 7-4, type of game.

    As for the 3-4 game tomorrow, I am on the over for this one. It was shaping up last night until the back to back blanks, but I think tomorrow it gets there. As for the side, I am undecided. Really tough to pass up the best team in the world at a low price. Martin though, has not been his dominant self this week and Ontario will have the home crowd behind them. Going to thing about that one.

     

    Ang, you are going to tempt fate with Martin one more time eh? Good luck tonight and tomorrow.

    Reply

    Well, good question. I mean Gushue has played well all week and there is big value there. I think though the public trusts Stoughton or perhaps his team a little more and that is why the money is flowing in on the Bisons. I think it is shaing up to be a good game.

    I was looking back to the playoffs over the last number of years and there certainly is more overs, than unders. This makes me a little nervous tonight, as I think the last four or five 1-2 games all went over.

    I can see why, I think when you are the only game on the ice, you don't want to be timid and make it boring for the fans, so you play a little more aggressive 

    I am sticking with the under tonight, I can't believe it is at -161 now, obviously there are a few like me that are on it also. I just feel if Stoughton can get a lead, they hit so well, I can see it as a 7-4, type of game.

    As for the 3-4 game tomorrow, I am on the over for this one. It was shaping up last night until the back to back blanks, but I think tomorrow it gets there. As for the side, I am undecided. Really tough to pass up the best team in the world at a low price. Martin though, has not been his dominant self this week and Ontario will have the home crowd behind them. Going to thing about that one.

     

    Ang, you are going to tempt fate with Martin one more time eh? Good luck tonight and tomorrow.

     
    beamjim
    beamjim
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 1116
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2011 - 7:28 PM ET #67

    Wow some dough came in on Gushue at the end.
    Reply
    Wow some dough came in on Gushue at the end.
     
    beamjim
    beamjim
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 1116
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2011 - 10:47 PM ET #68

    Lost our under by an eighth of an inch, if that. Too bad Stoughton couldn't have gotten the first guard on, but that is the way it goes. Too many sloppy shots did us in. Will sit back and take in the extra end now.
    Reply
    Lost our under by an eighth of an inch, if that. Too bad Stoughton couldn't have gotten the first guard on, but that is the way it goes. Too many sloppy shots did us in. Will sit back and take in the extra end now.
     
    Angelus
    Angelus
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 1113
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2011 - 12:29 AM ET #69

    Gushue blew it. He should have won it 6-5 or 7-5. 
    Reply
    Gushue blew it. He should have won it 6-5 or 7-5. 
     
    beamjim
    beamjim
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 1116
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2011 - 10:54 AM ET #70

    Nicholls struggled last night, although in the first five ends, I think there were three shots that New Foundland missed, that they had to go to plan B on and ended up very fortunate. Gushue, played very well himself. It was a nice draw to the button, by Stoughton, which sets up well for me, with my future on them, if I need to hedge.

    I took a look back at the briers from 07,08,09 and the Olympic trials between Martin and Howard. 7-5,7-6,7-4,5-4,7-5,8-6,7-3. Those are the scores all of them in favour of Martin. History is very much on his side. With 5 of these wins being multiple points, it makes the present -1.5, +154 pretty attractive.

    Having said this, Martin has seem spooked by the ice this week a little. He has missed some shots, that typically you never see, yet, they still only lost 2 games. Howard has the home town crowd behind him for what that is worth.

    I had three futures going in, on Manitoba big, Ontario medium, and Sask small. As such, I am going to keep my fingers crossed that Ontario can pull out a win and end the slide. If I had no future bet, it would pretty tough not to pull the trigger on Alberta.

    The tendancy with these two is the under, but I just have a gut feel this goes over and have played this. Should be a great game. Whoever wins, will probably be a decent size fav tonight versus Gushue.

    Reply

    Nicholls struggled last night, although in the first five ends, I think there were three shots that New Foundland missed, that they had to go to plan B on and ended up very fortunate. Gushue, played very well himself. It was a nice draw to the button, by Stoughton, which sets up well for me, with my future on them, if I need to hedge.

    I took a look back at the briers from 07,08,09 and the Olympic trials between Martin and Howard. 7-5,7-6,7-4,5-4,7-5,8-6,7-3. Those are the scores all of them in favour of Martin. History is very much on his side. With 5 of these wins being multiple points, it makes the present -1.5, +154 pretty attractive.

    Having said this, Martin has seem spooked by the ice this week a little. He has missed some shots, that typically you never see, yet, they still only lost 2 games. Howard has the home town crowd behind him for what that is worth.

    I had three futures going in, on Manitoba big, Ontario medium, and Sask small. As such, I am going to keep my fingers crossed that Ontario can pull out a win and end the slide. If I had no future bet, it would pretty tough not to pull the trigger on Alberta.

    The tendancy with these two is the under, but I just have a gut feel this goes over and have played this. Should be a great game. Whoever wins, will probably be a decent size fav tonight versus Gushue.

     
    beamjim
    beamjim
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 1116
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2011 - 6:15 PM ET #71

    Apparently history was a much better indication then my gut instinct on that game. Total wasn't even close.

    Got Ontario early tonight at -142 and also at -1.5. Now that Martin is out of the way, I think they take down Gushue tonight.

    No matter who loses, I will be on the over in the bronze medal game tomorrow and the dog.

    Reply

    Apparently history was a much better indication then my gut instinct on that game. Total wasn't even close.

    Got Ontario early tonight at -142 and also at -1.5. Now that Martin is out of the way, I think they take down Gushue tonight.

    No matter who loses, I will be on the over in the bronze medal game tomorrow and the dog.

     
    beamjim
    beamjim
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 1116
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2011 - 6:20 PM ET #72

    Check that, I will probably be against Martin tomorrow, as I don't think he will care about that game one bit.
    Reply
    Check that, I will probably be against Martin tomorrow, as I don't think he will care about that game one bit.
     
    Angelus
    Angelus
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 1113
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2011 - 6:26 PM ET #73

    I too am on Ontario tonight...rather large as well. I think Hart will dominate Nichols at the third position and that should be enough. 

    Then NFLD as a dog and the over tomorrow in the bronze medal game sounds good to me.
    Reply
    I too am on Ontario tonight...rather large as well. I think Hart will dominate Nichols at the third position and that should be enough. 

    Then NFLD as a dog and the over tomorrow in the bronze medal game sounds good to me.
     
    beamjim
    beamjim
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 1116
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2011 - 6:34 PM ET #74

    With you Ang, I would love to see NFLD lose tonight, to be on them in the morning.

    Reply

    With you Ang, I would love to see NFLD lose tonight, to be on them in the morning.

     
     
    Angelus
    Angelus
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 1113
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2011 - 11:04 PM ET #75

    Closer than I wanted, but I'll take the win.

    Not sure what to do with bronze game...I think over is the play. Might not play either side...depend on the line I guess. Kennedy has gone back home and there was talk that Martin might not even skip...who knows what happens in that one. If you can get NFLD as a good sized dog, might be worth a play.

    As for the final...I kinda like Howard. Don't know why...call it a gut feeling. Getting over that hurdle that is Kevin Martin is huge for him.
    Reply
    Closer than I wanted, but I'll take the win.

    Not sure what to do with bronze game...I think over is the play. Might not play either side...depend on the line I guess. Kennedy has gone back home and there was talk that Martin might not even skip...who knows what happens in that one. If you can get NFLD as a good sized dog, might be worth a play.

    As for the final...I kinda like Howard. Don't know why...call it a gut feeling. Getting over that hurdle that is Kevin Martin is huge for him.
    All Forums | Other
    «First Previous 345 ... 567 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,678
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,374
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 682
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,054
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,301
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 8,231
    • This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,800
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,467
    • Sunday nFl Wk 4 8,138
    • __________ 📌 🏈 ?? Fubah's NFL 2026: Week 04 🚩🚩🚩🚩 12,832

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.