• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | MLB Betting Forum

    Paging Mr. Bator

    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»
    FelixFermin21
    BlackwaterOP
    Crusher13
    LuckyGuy
    Rush51
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 4657
    Posts: 117
    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»
     
    FelixFermin21
    FelixFermin21
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 20261
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2023 - 3:09 PM ET #51

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBator:

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBator: I'll probably pass.   So did I really pass on a playoff game? No, of course not. I just bet on under 8.5 -105 and also parlayed the Rangers +110 to under 8.5 -105. The total risk on this under adds up to two-thirds of the risk on last night's under.

    Thank you Sir!!!

    clover

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBator:

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBator: I'll probably pass.   So did I really pass on a playoff game? No, of course not. I just bet on under 8.5 -105 and also parlayed the Rangers +110 to under 8.5 -105. The total risk on this under adds up to two-thirds of the risk on last night's under.

    Thank you Sir!!!

    clover

     

     
    BlackwaterOP
    BlackwaterOP
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 7051
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2023 - 3:27 PM ET #52

    Mr. Bator

    peace_5

    clover

    Believe
    Reply

    Mr. Bator

    peace_5

    clover

     
    Crusher13
    Crusher13
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 8059
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2023 - 3:36 PM ET #53

    Quote Originally Posted by CalBear2009:

    @MrBator Thank you so much for that detailed write up, it is greatly appreciated! You are one of the best in the business!  BOL with your picks tonight and through the rest of the playoffs.

    Yes, Thanx for Everything Bator..your insights are invaluable.,... BUT, couldn't Destiny be on Phillies side?? Between Ryan, Eagles and last Wrexham episode, Philly finally gets a Ring instead of perennial bridesmaids an_light

    Or are you not all over hometown boy Bryce Harper's nutzzz? Shouldn't you be supporting the successful local LV pride and joy??? When he's on, he dominates..just my 2 cents..clover on your bets. ALWAYS enjoyable reading your thoughts an_worship

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by CalBear2009:

    @MrBator Thank you so much for that detailed write up, it is greatly appreciated! You are one of the best in the business!  BOL with your picks tonight and through the rest of the playoffs.

    Yes, Thanx for Everything Bator..your insights are invaluable.,... BUT, couldn't Destiny be on Phillies side?? Between Ryan, Eagles and last Wrexham episode, Philly finally gets a Ring instead of perennial bridesmaids an_light

    Or are you not all over hometown boy Bryce Harper's nutzzz? Shouldn't you be supporting the successful local LV pride and joy??? When he's on, he dominates..just my 2 cents..clover on your bets. ALWAYS enjoyable reading your thoughts an_worship

     
    LuckyGuy
    LuckyGuy
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 63944
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2023 - 3:44 PM ET #54

    Quote Originally Posted by CalBear2009:

    @MrBator Thank you so much for that detailed write up, it is greatly appreciated! You are one of the best in the business!  BOL with your picks tonight and through the rest of the playoffs.

    He IS the best. There fixed it for ya.

    peace_5

    Sharing is Caring
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by CalBear2009:

    @MrBator Thank you so much for that detailed write up, it is greatly appreciated! You are one of the best in the business!  BOL with your picks tonight and through the rest of the playoffs.

    He IS the best. There fixed it for ya.

    peace_5

     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2023 - 4:01 PM ET #55

    @MrBator

     Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the games.  peace_5

    Personally, I think AZ is gonna have a much more difficult time getting their hits compared to the MIL and LAD series.  It's worth pointing out MIL was without their best starting pitcher, and LAD starting pitching was an absolute mess going into the playoffs.  Consider that Kershaw,  with his shoulder problems, was barely hitting 90mph in his last few starts, Lance Lynn giving up the most homers in MLB this year, and their "ace" was left to rookie Bobby Miller.   Miller probably should have been the Game 1 starter, too, based on the health/performance of starters.

    AZ is gonna have to maintain that hitting prowess against much more difficult pitching, starting tonight w/ Z. Wheeler.   AZ is no slouch w/ Gallen going tonight,  and should keep it close in Game 1... .  But after tonight, I see PHI really pulling away the remainder of the series w/ their overall talent.

    Reply

    @MrBator

     Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the games.  peace_5

    Personally, I think AZ is gonna have a much more difficult time getting their hits compared to the MIL and LAD series.  It's worth pointing out MIL was without their best starting pitcher, and LAD starting pitching was an absolute mess going into the playoffs.  Consider that Kershaw,  with his shoulder problems, was barely hitting 90mph in his last few starts, Lance Lynn giving up the most homers in MLB this year, and their "ace" was left to rookie Bobby Miller.   Miller probably should have been the Game 1 starter, too, based on the health/performance of starters.

    AZ is gonna have to maintain that hitting prowess against much more difficult pitching, starting tonight w/ Z. Wheeler.   AZ is no slouch w/ Gallen going tonight,  and should keep it close in Game 1... .  But after tonight, I see PHI really pulling away the remainder of the series w/ their overall talent.

     
    Fuse
    Fuse
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2016
    Posts: 84738
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2023 - 4:05 PM ET #56

    an_clappeaceclover

    Learn, be content and stay disciplined.
    Reply

    an_clappeaceclover

     
    MrBator
    MrBator
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2004
    Posts: 53270
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2023 - 5:01 PM ET #57

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBator:

    ….and they actually lost all three home games against the Royals.

     

    Fatty Framber also gave up 4 runs in the top of the 1st against the Royals in the first game of that late September series. He’s now been rather horrible in 6 of his last 7 home starts, and under 8.5 is now looking regrettable.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBator:

    ….and they actually lost all three home games against the Royals.

     

    Fatty Framber also gave up 4 runs in the top of the 1st against the Royals in the first game of that late September series. He’s now been rather horrible in 6 of his last 7 home starts, and under 8.5 is now looking regrettable.

     
    LuckyGuy
    LuckyGuy
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 63944
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2023 - 5:04 PM ET #58

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBator:

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBator: ….and they actually lost all three home games against the Royals.   Fatty Framber also gave up 4 runs in the top of the 1st against the Royals in the first game of that late September series. He’s now been rather horrible in 6 of his last 7 home starts, and under 8.5 is now looking regrettable.

    @MrBator

    How about a 8-0 Rangers win cool

    Sharing is Caring
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBator:

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBator: ….and they actually lost all three home games against the Royals.   Fatty Framber also gave up 4 runs in the top of the 1st against the Royals in the first game of that late September series. He’s now been rather horrible in 6 of his last 7 home starts, and under 8.5 is now looking regrettable.

    @MrBator

    How about a 8-0 Rangers win cool

     
    frumundercheeze
    frumundercheeze
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2006
    Posts: 5998
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2023 - 5:34 PM ET #59

    Zac over 6.5 SO

    Reply

    Zac over 6.5 SO

     
    MrBator
    MrBator
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2004
    Posts: 53270
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2023 - 6:12 PM ET #60

    Rush51, good post. The Phillies are deservedly favored in this series, and not just because they have the home field advantage. I just think they’ve been installed as too big a favorite, and that was enough to draw me to the D-Backs +170. The Phillies were favored by a very similar price over the Marlins just two weeks ago. Since then the Phils have played GREAT, but doesn’t their current opponent deserve more respect than this? That’s the question I asked myself.

     

    You’re right that the Dodgers were thin on starting pitching entering their brief postseason appearance, but I don’t need the D-Backs to sweep the Phillies, too. A back-and-worth battle that ends with an Arizona win in Game 6 or 7 will work just fine. Who’s gonna expect these guys to close out the Phillies at The Bank? But unexpected outcomes have been recurring in these playoffs.

    In the playoffs, no matter the sport, I’m a big believer in betting on the team that I think “wants it more.” Here, however, I feel I’m going against that, and maybe that’ll prove to be a big mistake. Look, I bet big on the D-Backs and even I’ll be pleasantly surprised if they pull this off.

    l expect the D-Backs to gain a split in Philadelphia. If they don’t get it, I won’t have to wait until the series is over to know l effed up!

     

    P.S. I just noticed that the only +170 in Vegas has dropped to +165.

    Reply

    Rush51, good post. The Phillies are deservedly favored in this series, and not just because they have the home field advantage. I just think they’ve been installed as too big a favorite, and that was enough to draw me to the D-Backs +170. The Phillies were favored by a very similar price over the Marlins just two weeks ago. Since then the Phils have played GREAT, but doesn’t their current opponent deserve more respect than this? That’s the question I asked myself.

     

    You’re right that the Dodgers were thin on starting pitching entering their brief postseason appearance, but I don’t need the D-Backs to sweep the Phillies, too. A back-and-worth battle that ends with an Arizona win in Game 6 or 7 will work just fine. Who’s gonna expect these guys to close out the Phillies at The Bank? But unexpected outcomes have been recurring in these playoffs.

    In the playoffs, no matter the sport, I’m a big believer in betting on the team that I think “wants it more.” Here, however, I feel I’m going against that, and maybe that’ll prove to be a big mistake. Look, I bet big on the D-Backs and even I’ll be pleasantly surprised if they pull this off.

    l expect the D-Backs to gain a split in Philadelphia. If they don’t get it, I won’t have to wait until the series is over to know l effed up!

     

    P.S. I just noticed that the only +170 in Vegas has dropped to +165.

     
    ActionMagnet
    ActionMagnet
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2010
    Posts: 9728
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2023 - 6:39 PM ET #61

    I disagree on the favorite/dog rational here concerning the PHILLIES.  2023 Phillies remind me of the REDSOX teams that won the last 2 series. Brash, confident and not to be denied.   Dback's get cornholed tonight.

    Reply

    I disagree on the favorite/dog rational here concerning the PHILLIES.  2023 Phillies remind me of the REDSOX teams that won the last 2 series. Brash, confident and not to be denied.   Dback's get cornholed tonight.

     
    MrBator
    MrBator
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2004
    Posts: 53270
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2023 - 7:07 PM ET #62

    Game 2 over bettors are shifting uncomfortably in their seats. Profanity is expected to pick up during the commercial break following the end of the 8th.

    Reply

    Game 2 over bettors are shifting uncomfortably in their seats. Profanity is expected to pick up during the commercial break following the end of the 8th.

     
    BeastnClass
    BeastnClass
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 29
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2023 - 7:15 PM ET #63

    Chapman has f*cked me too many times!!! As a yankee and now as a Texan. F*ck Him!! B*tch! 

    Can you tell I'm angry....and yes I had the under.

    Reply

    Chapman has f*cked me too many times!!! As a yankee and now as a Texan. F*ck Him!! B*tch! 

    Can you tell I'm angry....and yes I had the under.

     
    MrBator
    MrBator
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2004
    Posts: 53270
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2023 - 7:16 PM ET #64

    Bruce Bochy pushes so many correct buttons but then he has this misplaced faith in that big dummy Chapman. I can’t believe how frequently he calls on him. I was begging to see no Chapman today. 

    Reply

    Bruce Bochy pushes so many correct buttons but then he has this misplaced faith in that big dummy Chapman. I can’t believe how frequently he calls on him. I was begging to see no Chapman today. 

     
    MrBator
    MrBator
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2004
    Posts: 53270
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2023 - 7:28 PM ET #65

    I want to see the Rangers blow this game (which I think they will) so that someone asks Bruce Bochy after the game what the deal is with him and the highly flammable Chapman.

     

    angry

    Reply

    I want to see the Rangers blow this game (which I think they will) so that someone asks Bruce Bochy after the game what the deal is with him and the highly flammable Chapman.

     

    angry

     
    LAGameofInches
    LAGameofInches
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2012
    Posts: 7232
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2023 - 7:28 PM ET #66

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBator:

    Rush51, good post. The Phillies are deservedly favored in this series, and not just because they have the home field advantage. I just think they’ve been installed as too big a favorite, and that was enough to draw me to the D-Backs +170. The Phillies were favored by a very similar price over the Marlins just two weeks ago. Since then the Phils have played GREAT, but doesn’t their current opponent deserve more respect than this? That’s the question I asked myself.   You’re right that the Dodgers were thin on starting pitching entering their brief postseason appearance, but I don’t need the D-Backs to sweep the Phillies, too. A back-and-worth battle that ends with an Arizona win in Game 6 or 7 will work just fine. Who’s gonna expect these guys to close out the Phillies at The Bank? But unexpected outcomes have been recurring in these playoffs. In the playoffs, no matter the sport, I’m a big believer in betting on the team that I think “wants it more.” Here, however, I feel I’m going against that, and maybe that’ll prove to be a big mistake. Look, I bet big on the D-Backs and even I’ll be pleasantly surprised if they pull this off. l expect the D-Backs to gain a split in Philadelphia. If they don’t get it, I won’t have to wait until the series is over to know l effed up!   P.S. I just noticed that the only +170 in Vegas has dropped to +165.

    Ah I said a similar thing in my thread.  Great to see you on the Diamondbacks as well.  I think we both agree on how things will unfold.  Not really sure in Game 1 I heard Gallen is a bit under the weather but they have managed the bullpen so well I think all they truly need out of starters is the 4.1 Pfaadt turned in last game.  

    Good luck to everyonepeace_5

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBator:

    Rush51, good post. The Phillies are deservedly favored in this series, and not just because they have the home field advantage. I just think they’ve been installed as too big a favorite, and that was enough to draw me to the D-Backs +170. The Phillies were favored by a very similar price over the Marlins just two weeks ago. Since then the Phils have played GREAT, but doesn’t their current opponent deserve more respect than this? That’s the question I asked myself.   You’re right that the Dodgers were thin on starting pitching entering their brief postseason appearance, but I don’t need the D-Backs to sweep the Phillies, too. A back-and-worth battle that ends with an Arizona win in Game 6 or 7 will work just fine. Who’s gonna expect these guys to close out the Phillies at The Bank? But unexpected outcomes have been recurring in these playoffs. In the playoffs, no matter the sport, I’m a big believer in betting on the team that I think “wants it more.” Here, however, I feel I’m going against that, and maybe that’ll prove to be a big mistake. Look, I bet big on the D-Backs and even I’ll be pleasantly surprised if they pull this off. l expect the D-Backs to gain a split in Philadelphia. If they don’t get it, I won’t have to wait until the series is over to know l effed up!   P.S. I just noticed that the only +170 in Vegas has dropped to +165.

    Ah I said a similar thing in my thread.  Great to see you on the Diamondbacks as well.  I think we both agree on how things will unfold.  Not really sure in Game 1 I heard Gallen is a bit under the weather but they have managed the bullpen so well I think all they truly need out of starters is the 4.1 Pfaadt turned in last game.  

    Good luck to everyonepeace_5

     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2023 - 7:35 PM ET #67

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBator:

    Rush51, good post. The Phillies are deservedly favored in this series, and not just because they have the home field advantage. I just think they’ve been installed as too big a favorite, and that was enough to draw me to the D-Backs +170. The Phillies were favored by a very similar price over the Marlins just two weeks ago. Since then the Phils have played GREAT, but doesn’t their current opponent deserve more respect than this? That’s the question I asked myself.   You’re right that the Dodgers were thin on starting pitching entering their brief postseason appearance, but I don’t need the D-Backs to sweep the Phillies, too. A back-and-worth battle that ends with an Arizona win in Game 6 or 7 will work just fine. Who’s gonna expect these guys to close out the Phillies at The Bank? But unexpected outcomes have been recurring in these playoffs. In the playoffs, no matter the sport, I’m a big believer in betting on the team that I think “wants it more.” Here, however, I feel I’m going against that, and maybe that’ll prove to be a big mistake. Look, I bet big on the D-Backs and even I’ll be pleasantly surprised if they pull this off. l expect the D-Backs to gain a split in Philadelphia. If they don’t get it, I won’t have to wait until the series is over to know l effed up!   P.S. I just noticed that the only +170 in Vegas has dropped to +165.

    peace_5

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBator:

    Rush51, good post. The Phillies are deservedly favored in this series, and not just because they have the home field advantage. I just think they’ve been installed as too big a favorite, and that was enough to draw me to the D-Backs +170. The Phillies were favored by a very similar price over the Marlins just two weeks ago. Since then the Phils have played GREAT, but doesn’t their current opponent deserve more respect than this? That’s the question I asked myself.   You’re right that the Dodgers were thin on starting pitching entering their brief postseason appearance, but I don’t need the D-Backs to sweep the Phillies, too. A back-and-worth battle that ends with an Arizona win in Game 6 or 7 will work just fine. Who’s gonna expect these guys to close out the Phillies at The Bank? But unexpected outcomes have been recurring in these playoffs. In the playoffs, no matter the sport, I’m a big believer in betting on the team that I think “wants it more.” Here, however, I feel I’m going against that, and maybe that’ll prove to be a big mistake. Look, I bet big on the D-Backs and even I’ll be pleasantly surprised if they pull this off. l expect the D-Backs to gain a split in Philadelphia. If they don’t get it, I won’t have to wait until the series is over to know l effed up!   P.S. I just noticed that the only +170 in Vegas has dropped to +165.

    peace_5

     
    MrBator
    MrBator
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2004
    Posts: 53270
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2023 - 7:45 PM ET #68

    The Astros are now an almost unbelievable 7-20 at Minute Maid Park since August 13th.

    Reply

    The Astros are now an almost unbelievable 7-20 at Minute Maid Park since August 13th.

     
    ActionMagnet
    ActionMagnet
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2010
    Posts: 9728
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2023 - 8:26 PM ET #69

    Quote Originally Posted by ActionMagnet:

    I disagree on the favorite/dog rational here concerning the PHILLIES.  2023 Phillies remind me of the REDSOX teams that won the last 2 series. Brash, confident and not to be denied.   Dback's get cornholed tonight.

    peace_5 this one’s over. On to game 2.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by ActionMagnet:

    I disagree on the favorite/dog rational here concerning the PHILLIES.  2023 Phillies remind me of the REDSOX teams that won the last 2 series. Brash, confident and not to be denied.   Dback's get cornholed tonight.

    peace_5 this one’s over. On to game 2.

     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2023 - 8:36 PM ET #70

    Quote Originally Posted by ActionMagnet:

    Quote Originally Posted by ActionMagnet: I disagree on the favorite/dog rational here concerning the PHILLIES.  2023 Phillies remind me of the REDSOX teams that won the last 2 series. Brash, confident and not to be denied.   Dback's get cornholed tonight.  this one’s over. On to game 2.

     

    Too early to call.  Gallen will settle in.. 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by ActionMagnet:

    Quote Originally Posted by ActionMagnet: I disagree on the favorite/dog rational here concerning the PHILLIES.  2023 Phillies remind me of the REDSOX teams that won the last 2 series. Brash, confident and not to be denied.   Dback's get cornholed tonight.  this one’s over. On to game 2.

     

    Too early to call.  Gallen will settle in.. 

     
    MrBator
    MrBator
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2004
    Posts: 53270
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2023 - 8:37 PM ET #71

    Quote Originally Posted by ActionMagnet:

     this one’s over. On to game 2.

     

    The game has been decided because the score is 2-0 after one inning. Okey dokey.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by ActionMagnet:

     this one’s over. On to game 2.

     

    The game has been decided because the score is 2-0 after one inning. Okey dokey.

     
    MrBator
    MrBator
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2004
    Posts: 53270
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2023 - 8:40 PM ET #72

    There’s Travis Kelce at the game, fresh off a fun weekend in New York City boning his new nerdy singer girlfriend who will someday write and record disparaging songs about him. I wonder if he realizes this and is in for the ride anyways?

    Reply

    There’s Travis Kelce at the game, fresh off a fun weekend in New York City boning his new nerdy singer girlfriend who will someday write and record disparaging songs about him. I wonder if he realizes this and is in for the ride anyways?

     
    MrBator
    MrBator
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2004
    Posts: 53270
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2023 - 8:42 PM ET #73

    All the usual suspects are hitting baseballs into the bleachers. I am now closer to ActionMagnet’s point of view on the current situation, lol.

    Reply

    All the usual suspects are hitting baseballs into the bleachers. I am now closer to ActionMagnet’s point of view on the current situation, lol.

     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2023 - 8:55 PM ET #74

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBator:

    The Astros are now an almost unbelievable 7-20 at Minute Maid Park since August 13th.

    That is so damn hard to fathom... This really has been a peculiar year for HOU. 

    But Game 3 is set up to be an interesting game at TX, and could help out HOU.  With Sherzer going for TX and a limited pitch count coming off injury,  I look at this as a  " bullpen session "  for Bochy.  Astros getting  a look at a TX  bullpen earlier in the game than usual may help them out. 

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBator:

    The Astros are now an almost unbelievable 7-20 at Minute Maid Park since August 13th.

    That is so damn hard to fathom... This really has been a peculiar year for HOU. 

    But Game 3 is set up to be an interesting game at TX, and could help out HOU.  With Sherzer going for TX and a limited pitch count coming off injury,  I look at this as a  " bullpen session "  for Bochy.  Astros getting  a look at a TX  bullpen earlier in the game than usual may help them out. 

     

     
     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2023 - 9:00 PM ET #75

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBator:

    There’s Travis Kelce at the game, fresh off a fun weekend in New York City boning his new nerdy singer girlfriend who will someday write and record disparaging songs about him. I wonder if he realizes this and is in for the ride anyways?

    an_roll_laugh... classic 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBator:

    There’s Travis Kelce at the game, fresh off a fun weekend in New York City boning his new nerdy singer girlfriend who will someday write and record disparaging songs about him. I wonder if he realizes this and is in for the ride anyways?

    an_roll_laugh... classic 

    All Forums | MLB Betting Forum
    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,956
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,204
    • Eagles vs Bears in-game live MNF 2,842
    • PART DEUX 298
    • Tuesday 09/29/2026 564
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,009
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,476
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 3,448
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,618
    • the whole problem is knowingly spreading false info to vulnerable people 21,192

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.