• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Las Vegas

    Minimum needed to live the dream

    «First Previous 141516 ... 181920 Next Last»
    ezpz
    SinCityTwist
    trim88
    azamora8941
    DNorman702
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 283609
    Posts: 495
    «First Previous 141516 ... 181920 Next Last»
     
    ezpz
    ezpz
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2001
    Posts: 204
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2013 - 7:31 PM ET #326

    Quote Originally Posted by SinCityTwist:

    Yeah I learned that yesterday when Mafioso said something about it and I'M NOT HIGHJACKING ANYONES thread my last post said I'm gonna do something else meaning I wasn't gonna post here anymore

    Good luck SincityT, If it works for you that is all that matter's, I'm interested in seeing your play's if you can post in your own thread that would be great.

    EZ!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SinCityTwist:

    Yeah I learned that yesterday when Mafioso said something about it and I'M NOT HIGHJACKING ANYONES thread my last post said I'm gonna do something else meaning I wasn't gonna post here anymore

    Good luck SincityT, If it works for you that is all that matter's, I'm interested in seeing your play's if you can post in your own thread that would be great.

    EZ!
     
    SinCityTwist
    SinCityTwist
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 65
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2013 - 12:09 PM ET #327

    Quote Originally Posted by ezpz:

    Good luck SincityT, If it works for you that is all that matter's, I'm interested in seeing your play's if you can post in your own thread that would be great.

    EZ!

    I started my own thread in the Las Vegas room

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ezpz:

    Good luck SincityT, If it works for you that is all that matter's, I'm interested in seeing your play's if you can post in your own thread that would be great.

    EZ!

    I started my own thread in the Las Vegas room

     
    trim88
    trim88
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 136
    Posted: Mar. 14, 2013 - 1:03 PM ET #328

    Rarely do I visit covers...this is why I'm so late in responding to this thread.
    I live the dream you're talking about. However, it really is more a labor of love.
    Every single day, I look at every game in every major US sport: baseball, football, hockey, hoop, both college and pro, both side and total.
    I might find two plays on a weekday (sometimes zero) and four on a weekend (sometimes only two).
    You can do it. But it requires a single-minded dedication, a short memory and an unshakable belief in yourself. Once you listen to the sharps, or worry about covers experts, you're dead.

    Here is my most important tip: JUST PICK WINNERS! once you get involved in the spread, you're dead. Coaches don't care about the line (though many believe they do), they only care about winning the game. If this means having to play a two-teamer to drive down the chalk, then do it.

    I would say "good luck" to you, but it's important that luck be kept to an absolute minimum.
    Reply
    Rarely do I visit covers...this is why I'm so late in responding to this thread.
    I live the dream you're talking about. However, it really is more a labor of love.
    Every single day, I look at every game in every major US sport: baseball, football, hockey, hoop, both college and pro, both side and total.
    I might find two plays on a weekday (sometimes zero) and four on a weekend (sometimes only two).
    You can do it. But it requires a single-minded dedication, a short memory and an unshakable belief in yourself. Once you listen to the sharps, or worry about covers experts, you're dead.

    Here is my most important tip: JUST PICK WINNERS! once you get involved in the spread, you're dead. Coaches don't care about the line (though many believe they do), they only care about winning the game. If this means having to play a two-teamer to drive down the chalk, then do it.

    I would say "good luck" to you, but it's important that luck be kept to an absolute minimum.
     
    azamora8941
    azamora8941
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 12
    Posted: Mar. 16, 2013 - 2:09 AM ET #329

    Go like "Daily sports parlay pics" on Facebook for free pics daily!!!
    Reply
    Go like "Daily sports parlay pics" on Facebook for free pics daily!!!
     
    DNorman702
    DNorman702
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 91
    Posted: Mar. 17, 2013 - 2:00 PM ET #330

    That is great advice, Trim.
    Reply
    That is great advice, Trim.
     
    FlashThatUUU
    FlashThatUUU
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 2348
    Posted: Mar. 19, 2013 - 7:56 PM ET #331

    I've Always wanted to do this. I would suggest to get A job there. Whatever It may be. That way theirs not so much pressure with trying to win every day to pay bills and what not. If you got something to fall back on You can Cap A lil easier.You will force a lot of bets if you really need the money for bills and what not and therefore you will lose. GL 
    Reply
    I've Always wanted to do this. I would suggest to get A job there. Whatever It may be. That way theirs not so much pressure with trying to win every day to pay bills and what not. If you got something to fall back on You can Cap A lil easier.You will force a lot of bets if you really need the money for bills and what not and therefore you will lose. GL 
     
    max-value
    max-value
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 85
    Posted: May. 16, 2013 - 11:19 PM ET #332

    Is the dream still alive?
    Reply
    Is the dream still alive?
     
    Hartsvillehyena
    Hartsvillehyena
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2006
    Posts: 508
    Posted: May. 17, 2013 - 8:53 AM ET #333

    I would much rather move to Costa Rica or Canada to pursue this dream - but i do support THE DREAM 
    Reply
    I would much rather move to Costa Rica or Canada to pursue this dream - but i do support THE DREAM 
     
    tomnolan
    tomnolan
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2009
    Posts: 782
    Posted: May. 22, 2013 - 2:31 PM ET #334

    Mafioso-- I love that u threw in medical insurance as an expense. that's classic. how many people would have included medical insurance or would even think of it as an expense. good call !!
    Reply
    Mafioso-- I love that u threw in medical insurance as an expense. that's classic. how many people would have included medical insurance or would even think of it as an expense. good call !!
     
    guido92defran
    guido92defran
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 1938
    Posted: May. 22, 2013 - 11:45 PM ET #335

    dreams over guys
    Reply
    dreams over guys
     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: May. 23, 2013 - 4:57 AM ET #336

    Quote Originally Posted by tomnolan:

    Mafioso-- I love that u threw in medical insurance as an expense. that's classic. how many people would have included medical insurance or would even think of it as an expense. good call !!

    When you have a family especially if you have children, they are gonna get in their fair share of mischief, this can get very costly if you take them to the ER or urgent care, Children need stability, they should have a pediatrician. In order to get this stability, Health insurance is a must.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by tomnolan:

    Mafioso-- I love that u threw in medical insurance as an expense. that's classic. how many people would have included medical insurance or would even think of it as an expense. good call !!

    When you have a family especially if you have children, they are gonna get in their fair share of mischief, this can get very costly if you take them to the ER or urgent care, Children need stability, they should have a pediatrician. In order to get this stability, Health insurance is a must.

     
    bigvern1013
    bigvern1013
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 3051
    Posted: May. 23, 2013 - 12:00 PM ET #337

    I have done the bankroll math hundreds of times....

    At the end of the day, there is just not enough money in picking sports wagering at a few hundred bucks per pick.  Unless a guy can lay at least $2500 per pick, safely within the confines of his bankroll,  what is the point?  Is it really worth busting your butt for a year to be either +8k or -8k?

    The fact is, there will be long stretches of breakeven action...and this is the action that kills you...months and months of breaking even. Not losing, but not WINNING either.  I have seen it first hand in commodities trading...you end up working your tail off for 60 hours a week, and come Friday you are at breakeven.  It wears you down mentally.....to the point where you just want it to be over; just some sort of resolution, any sort of resolution.  This is what makes most guys quit.....the time that goes by without any proof of success.

    That being said, it can be done.  You just need the cash, smarts and patience.  If someone truly loves to bet sports everyday, and can stand the stench of Vegas for more than a few days at a time, then go for it. 

    Just take enough cash to make it worth your while.

    Never Make A Winner A Loser. Never.
    Reply

    I have done the bankroll math hundreds of times....

    At the end of the day, there is just not enough money in picking sports wagering at a few hundred bucks per pick.  Unless a guy can lay at least $2500 per pick, safely within the confines of his bankroll,  what is the point?  Is it really worth busting your butt for a year to be either +8k or -8k?

    The fact is, there will be long stretches of breakeven action...and this is the action that kills you...months and months of breaking even. Not losing, but not WINNING either.  I have seen it first hand in commodities trading...you end up working your tail off for 60 hours a week, and come Friday you are at breakeven.  It wears you down mentally.....to the point where you just want it to be over; just some sort of resolution, any sort of resolution.  This is what makes most guys quit.....the time that goes by without any proof of success.

    That being said, it can be done.  You just need the cash, smarts and patience.  If someone truly loves to bet sports everyday, and can stand the stench of Vegas for more than a few days at a time, then go for it. 

    Just take enough cash to make it worth your while.

     
    Jayvegas420
    Jayvegas420
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 323
    Posted: May. 23, 2013 - 4:29 PM ET #338

    Just found this thread.
    I posted a similar thread with a much lower BR!
    I also had a thread in another forum with somethig similar to this.
    Are we allowed to link to SBR on coversforums?
    Reply
    Just found this thread.
    I posted a similar thread with a much lower BR!
    I also had a thread in another forum with somethig similar to this.
    Are we allowed to link to SBR on coversforums?
     
    T-One
    T-One
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2007
    Posts: 2000
    Posted: May. 27, 2013 - 1:39 AM ET #339

    trim, how much do you bet? if 2-6 bets a week, your bet size must be different. 
    Reply
    trim, how much do you bet? if 2-6 bets a week, your bet size must be different. 
     
    jcarthone
    jcarthone
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2010
    Posts: 6
    Posted: May. 27, 2013 - 3:17 PM ET #340

    Last year I went to vegas with 25k around this time to sports bet, I lasted 6 months, and end up losing my entire bank roll, not really on gambling but but bad money management, I would win with sports then lose on the crap table,was addicted to high limit slot machines, and lost 10k chasing one day just to try and get money back,all the while I had a rental car everyday, eating out, supporting new found friends, and after a while the expenses ate up the cash flow, I would suggest to anybody who go to vegas with trying to make a living its possible I met tons of guys who do it you just have to treat it as a business and leave everything else alone, because when you hit rock bottom out there the people you thought we're your friends gonna act like they don't know you
    Reply
    Last year I went to vegas with 25k around this time to sports bet, I lasted 6 months, and end up losing my entire bank roll, not really on gambling but but bad money management, I would win with sports then lose on the crap table,was addicted to high limit slot machines, and lost 10k chasing one day just to try and get money back,all the while I had a rental car everyday, eating out, supporting new found friends, and after a while the expenses ate up the cash flow, I would suggest to anybody who go to vegas with trying to make a living its possible I met tons of guys who do it you just have to treat it as a business and leave everything else alone, because when you hit rock bottom out there the people you thought we're your friends gonna act like they don't know you
     
    max-value
    max-value
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 85
    Posted: May. 27, 2013 - 5:18 PM ET #341

    Quote Originally Posted by jcarthone:

    Last year I went to vegas with 25k around this time to sports bet, I lasted 6 months, and end up losing my entire bank roll, not really on gambling but but bad money management, I would win with sports then lose on the crap table,was addicted to high limit slot machines, and lost 10k chasing one day just to try and get money back,all the while I had a rental car everyday, eating out, supporting new found friends, and after a while the expenses ate up the cash flow, I would suggest to anybody who go to vegas with trying to make a living its possible I met tons of guys who do it you just have to treat it as a business and leave everything else alone, because when you hit rock bottom out there the people you thought we're your friends gonna act like they don't know you

    Good advice...thanks for sharing
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jcarthone:

    Last year I went to vegas with 25k around this time to sports bet, I lasted 6 months, and end up losing my entire bank roll, not really on gambling but but bad money management, I would win with sports then lose on the crap table,was addicted to high limit slot machines, and lost 10k chasing one day just to try and get money back,all the while I had a rental car everyday, eating out, supporting new found friends, and after a while the expenses ate up the cash flow, I would suggest to anybody who go to vegas with trying to make a living its possible I met tons of guys who do it you just have to treat it as a business and leave everything else alone, because when you hit rock bottom out there the people you thought we're your friends gonna act like they don't know you

    Good advice...thanks for sharing
     
    Jayvegas420
    Jayvegas420
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 323
    Posted: May. 27, 2013 - 5:30 PM ET #342

    Quote Originally Posted by jcarthone:

    Last year I went to vegas with 25k around this time to sports bet, I lasted 6 months, and end up losing my entire bank roll, not really on gambling but but bad money management, I would win with sports then lose on the crap table,was addicted to high limit slot machines, and lost 10k chasing one day just to try and get money back,all the while I had a rental car everyday, eating out, supporting new found friends, and after a while the expenses ate up the cash flow, I would suggest to anybody who go to vegas with trying to make a living its possible I met tons of guys who do it you just have to treat it as a business and leave everything else alone, because when you hit rock bottom out there the people you thought we're your friends gonna act like they don't know you




    Welcome to the forum.
    Nice 1st post!
    You'll fit right in!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jcarthone:

    Last year I went to vegas with 25k around this time to sports bet, I lasted 6 months, and end up losing my entire bank roll, not really on gambling but but bad money management, I would win with sports then lose on the crap table,was addicted to high limit slot machines, and lost 10k chasing one day just to try and get money back,all the while I had a rental car everyday, eating out, supporting new found friends, and after a while the expenses ate up the cash flow, I would suggest to anybody who go to vegas with trying to make a living its possible I met tons of guys who do it you just have to treat it as a business and leave everything else alone, because when you hit rock bottom out there the people you thought we're your friends gonna act like they don't know you




    Welcome to the forum.
    Nice 1st post!
    You'll fit right in!
     
    Michfan15
    Michfan15
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 11316
    Posted: May. 28, 2013 - 12:03 AM ET #343

    Quote Originally Posted by jcarthone:

    Last year I went to vegas with 25k around this time to sports bet, I lasted 6 months, and end up losing my entire bank roll, not really on gambling but but bad money management, I would win with sports then
    lose on the crap table,was addicted to high limit slot machines, and lost 10k chasing one day just to try and get money back,all the while I had a rental car everyday, eating out, supporting new found friends, and after a while the expenses ate up the cash flow, I would suggest to anybody who go to vegas with trying to make a living its possible I met tons of guys who do it you just have to treat it as a business and leave everything else alone, because when you hit rock bottom out there the people you thought we're your friends gonna act like they don't know you

    valuable insight
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jcarthone:

    Last year I went to vegas with 25k around this time to sports bet, I lasted 6 months, and end up losing my entire bank roll, not really on gambling but but bad money management, I would win with sports then
    lose on the crap table,was addicted to high limit slot machines, and lost 10k chasing one day just to try and get money back,all the while I had a rental car everyday, eating out, supporting new found friends, and after a while the expenses ate up the cash flow, I would suggest to anybody who go to vegas with trying to make a living its possible I met tons of guys who do it you just have to treat it as a business and leave everything else alone, because when you hit rock bottom out there the people you thought we're your friends gonna act like they don't know you

    valuable insight
     
    Plisskin76
    Plisskin76
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 3165
    Posted: Jun. 1, 2013 - 3:57 PM ET #344

    jcar, sounds like you fell into every trap vegas has. Lots of shallow money grubbing people in vegas, so id be careful who you befriend in a book. Pit games and slots will doom you. you have to accept losses, you will not win everyday.

    you have to keep expenses as low as possible for first year at least, a rental car everyday is a waste of money.

     

    Reply

    jcar, sounds like you fell into every trap vegas has. Lots of shallow money grubbing people in vegas, so id be careful who you befriend in a book. Pit games and slots will doom you. you have to accept losses, you will not win everyday.

    you have to keep expenses as low as possible for first year at least, a rental car everyday is a waste of money.

     

     
    ShadowWarrior
    ShadowWarrior
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2002
    Posts: 7112
    Posted: Jun. 2, 2013 - 2:48 PM ET #345

    Quote Originally Posted by jcarthone:

    Last year I went to vegas with 25k around this time to sports bet, I lasted 6 months, and end up losing my entire bank roll, not really on gambling but but bad money management, I would win with sports then lose on the crap table,was addicted to high limit slot machines, and lost 10k chasing one day just to try and get money back,all the while I had a rental car everyday, eating out, supporting new found friends, and after a while the expenses ate up the cash flow, I would suggest to anybody who go to vegas with trying to make a living its possible
     I met tons of guys who do it you just have to treat it as a business and leave everything else alone, because when you hit rock bottom out there the people you thought we're your friends gonna act like they don't know you
    You are talking about life in general.  You really need to know who your real friends are.  In good times you will have many, in the bad you truly find out who your friends are.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jcarthone:

    Last year I went to vegas with 25k around this time to sports bet, I lasted 6 months, and end up losing my entire bank roll, not really on gambling but but bad money management, I would win with sports then lose on the crap table,was addicted to high limit slot machines, and lost 10k chasing one day just to try and get money back,all the while I had a rental car everyday, eating out, supporting new found friends, and after a while the expenses ate up the cash flow, I would suggest to anybody who go to vegas with trying to make a living its possible
     I met tons of guys who do it you just have to treat it as a business and leave everything else alone, because when you hit rock bottom out there the people you thought we're your friends gonna act like they don't know you
    You are talking about life in general.  You really need to know who your real friends are.  In good times you will have many, in the bad you truly find out who your friends are.
     
    JanetBoyer7
    JanetBoyer7
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 5
    Posted: Jun. 3, 2013 - 9:13 AM ET #346

    If you think Lisa`s story is astonishing..., won weak-ago my friends mom basically made $7013 just sitting there fifteen hours a week from there house and there best friend's aunt`s neighbour has been doing this for 5 months and got paid more than $7013 parttime from their mac. the tips on this page, Bow6.com
    Reply
    If you think Lisa`s story is astonishing..., won weak-ago my friends mom basically made $7013 just sitting there fifteen hours a week from there house and there best friend's aunt`s neighbour has been doing this for 5 months and got paid more than $7013 parttime from their mac. the tips on this page, Bow6.com
     
    dtorres72
    dtorres72
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 116
    Posted: Jun. 8, 2013 - 7:07 PM ET #347

    Just cashed out some of my 401k and taking $30,000 to Vegas and see how long i survive!  I do have a goal to take the 30k buy a house with i hope my winnings, once again a goal and i am sure a dream, but we all have to dream big to win big.  I'll check in now and then.  If anyone lives out there or plans on going, let me know we can grab a beer or 2 and try and make some cash together..  Wish me luck all, thanks.
    Reply
    Just cashed out some of my 401k and taking $30,000 to Vegas and see how long i survive!  I do have a goal to take the 30k buy a house with i hope my winnings, once again a goal and i am sure a dream, but we all have to dream big to win big.  I'll check in now and then.  If anyone lives out there or plans on going, let me know we can grab a beer or 2 and try and make some cash together..  Wish me luck all, thanks.
     
    cjm2008
    cjm2008
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 22012
    Posted: Jun. 8, 2013 - 7:56 PM ET #348

    Quote Originally Posted by dtorres72:

    Just cashed out some of my 401k and taking $30,000 to Vegas and see how long i survive!  I do have a goal to take the 30k buy a house with i hope my winnings, once again a goal and i am sure a dream, but we all have to dream big to win big.  I'll check in now and then.  If anyone lives out there or plans on going, let me know we can grab a beer or 2 and try and make some cash together..  Wish me luck all, thanks.


    Best of luck to you

    Start a thread on this site and keep us informed. I was there for a month during March Madness and had a blast but I could to dueit full time. Too much of a grind
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dtorres72:

    Just cashed out some of my 401k and taking $30,000 to Vegas and see how long i survive!  I do have a goal to take the 30k buy a house with i hope my winnings, once again a goal and i am sure a dream, but we all have to dream big to win big.  I'll check in now and then.  If anyone lives out there or plans on going, let me know we can grab a beer or 2 and try and make some cash together..  Wish me luck all, thanks.


    Best of luck to you

    Start a thread on this site and keep us informed. I was there for a month during March Madness and had a blast but I could to dueit full time. Too much of a grind
     
    max-value
    max-value
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 85
    Posted: Jun. 8, 2013 - 11:28 PM ET #349

    yes ...keep us posted
    Reply
    yes ...keep us posted
     
     
    baronman
    baronman
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 1333
    Posted: Jun. 9, 2013 - 6:39 PM ET #350

    cjm2008 your full of it there are no $30,0000 houses in vegas Maybe crap condo for $50,000 What are you going to live on????????????????????
    Reply
    cjm2008 your full of it there are no $30,0000 houses in vegas Maybe crap condo for $50,000 What are you going to live on????????????????????
    All Forums | Las Vegas
    «First Previous 141516 ... 181920 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,366
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 270,003
    • PART DEUX 166
    • Friday 10/09/2026 436
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 858
    • Week 6 Money 9,696
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,279
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,595
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 440
    • Why go for 2pts 651

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.