• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Las Vegas

    Minimum needed to live the dream

    «First Previous 123 ... 181920 Next Last»
    BIGfnPOO
    sports_Network
    mafioso
    Jayvegas420
    DreamKillas
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 283609
    Posts: 495
    «First Previous 123 ... 181920 Next Last»
     
    BIGfnPOO
    BIGfnPOO
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2006
    Posts: 18880
    Posted: Mar. 2, 2015 - 11:50 AM ET #451

    good story   good read.
    bigFnPOO
    Reply
    good story   good read.
     
    sports_Network
    sports_Network
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 8426
    Posted: Mar. 3, 2015 - 6:31 AM ET #452

    mafioso,

    A double cool 'real-life' testimonial

    Reply

    mafioso,

    A double cool 'real-life' testimonial

     
    sports_Network
    sports_Network
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 8426
    Posted: Mar. 3, 2015 - 7:08 AM ET #453

    To all the potential LV bound Dreamers:

    If you didn't WIN before you got here; what makes you think you're going to WIN when you get here? on the flip side, LV turns dreams into nightmares. throughout this thread all you hear about is 'survival' 'cheap places to reside' cheap, cheap, and more cheap! and the acceptance of $100 a day to survive! you call this a dream? I see it as an irresponsible nightmare, especially when one overlooks employment, and depends solely on his gaming revenues to 'survive' this does not work, and puts you on a one way ticket to absolutely nowhere. Forget about it! do your well being a favor. Come in, spend 72 hrs, gamble at your chosen games of chance, WIN, and go home..or lose and absorb your LOSS and go home. relocating without a job is totally absurd! If not, Vegas will eat you alive, shitt you out in the desert, only to end up where you started from in the first place, minus your deleted bankroll. Been here for 24 years, I work in the industry, have seen this more often than not. keep it a dream, that's all it's ever going to be,  "A Dream"

    Reply

    To all the potential LV bound Dreamers:

    If you didn't WIN before you got here; what makes you think you're going to WIN when you get here? on the flip side, LV turns dreams into nightmares. throughout this thread all you hear about is 'survival' 'cheap places to reside' cheap, cheap, and more cheap! and the acceptance of $100 a day to survive! you call this a dream? I see it as an irresponsible nightmare, especially when one overlooks employment, and depends solely on his gaming revenues to 'survive' this does not work, and puts you on a one way ticket to absolutely nowhere. Forget about it! do your well being a favor. Come in, spend 72 hrs, gamble at your chosen games of chance, WIN, and go home..or lose and absorb your LOSS and go home. relocating without a job is totally absurd! If not, Vegas will eat you alive, shitt you out in the desert, only to end up where you started from in the first place, minus your deleted bankroll. Been here for 24 years, I work in the industry, have seen this more often than not. keep it a dream, that's all it's ever going to be,  "A Dream"

     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Mar. 3, 2015 - 8:24 AM ET #454

    Quote Originally Posted by sports_Network:

    To all the potential LV bound Dreamers:

    If you didn't WIN before you got here; what makes you think you're going to WIN when you get here? on the flip side, LV turns dreams into nightmares. throughout this thread all you hear about is 'survival' 'cheap places to reside' cheap, cheap, and more cheap! and the acceptance of $100 a day to survive! you call this a dream? I see it as an irresponsible nightmare, especially when one overlooks employment, and depends solely on his gaming revenues to 'survive' this does not work, and puts you on a one way ticket to absolutely nowhere. Forget about it! do your well being a favor. Come in, spend 72 hrs, gamble at your chosen games of chance, WIN, and go home..or lose and absorb your LOSS and go home. relocating without a job is totally absurd! If not, Vegas will eat you alive, shitt you out in the desert, only to end up where you started from in the first place, minus your deleted bankroll. Been here for 24 years, I work in the industry, have seen this more often than not. keep it a dream, that's all it's ever going to be,  "A Dream"


    That is what I call TELLING IT THE WAY IT REALLY IS
    I am coming back to Vegas October 15th thru October 20th, allow me to treat you to a Dinner
    Scarpetta or Prime Steak house
    Im solo on this trip, My wife and Kids cant come along since they are planning a Trip to the Philippines in December during my daughters christmas vacation from her elementary school.

    Id love to chat with a Vegas Old hand 24 years your an old hand
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sports_Network:

    To all the potential LV bound Dreamers:

    If you didn't WIN before you got here; what makes you think you're going to WIN when you get here? on the flip side, LV turns dreams into nightmares. throughout this thread all you hear about is 'survival' 'cheap places to reside' cheap, cheap, and more cheap! and the acceptance of $100 a day to survive! you call this a dream? I see it as an irresponsible nightmare, especially when one overlooks employment, and depends solely on his gaming revenues to 'survive' this does not work, and puts you on a one way ticket to absolutely nowhere. Forget about it! do your well being a favor. Come in, spend 72 hrs, gamble at your chosen games of chance, WIN, and go home..or lose and absorb your LOSS and go home. relocating without a job is totally absurd! If not, Vegas will eat you alive, shitt you out in the desert, only to end up where you started from in the first place, minus your deleted bankroll. Been here for 24 years, I work in the industry, have seen this more often than not. keep it a dream, that's all it's ever going to be,  "A Dream"


    That is what I call TELLING IT THE WAY IT REALLY IS
    I am coming back to Vegas October 15th thru October 20th, allow me to treat you to a Dinner
    Scarpetta or Prime Steak house
    Im solo on this trip, My wife and Kids cant come along since they are planning a Trip to the Philippines in December during my daughters christmas vacation from her elementary school.

    Id love to chat with a Vegas Old hand 24 years your an old hand
     
    sports_Network
    sports_Network
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 8426
    Posted: Mar. 3, 2015 - 1:56 PM ET #455

    mafioso,

    PM me around the 12th of October (your in my book) to set up a confirmation for the 16th. I am available. however, one condition, my town my treat, I wouldn't have it any other way, take care

    Reply

    mafioso,

    PM me around the 12th of October (your in my book) to set up a confirmation for the 16th. I am available. however, one condition, my town my treat, I wouldn't have it any other way, take care

     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Mar. 3, 2015 - 4:02 PM ET #456

    I offered, it's gotta be on me, nevertheless I'll definitely pm you on the 12th
    Reply
    I offered, it's gotta be on me, nevertheless I'll definitely pm you on the 12th
     
    Jayvegas420
    Jayvegas420
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 323
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2015 - 2:27 PM ET #457

    Anyone wanna buy me steaks in the 12th or 13th?
    I'll be KB the strip or at the Grand for the Pac12
    Reply
    Anyone wanna buy me steaks in the 12th or 13th?
    I'll be KB the strip or at the Grand for the Pac12
     
    sports_Network
    sports_Network
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 8426
    Posted: Mar. 5, 2015 - 7:20 AM ET #458

    Quote Originally Posted by mafioso:

    I offered, it's gotta be on me, nevertheless I'll definitely pm you on the 12th
    sounds good, see you then.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mafioso:

    I offered, it's gotta be on me, nevertheless I'll definitely pm you on the 12th
    sounds good, see you then.
     
    DreamKillas
    DreamKillas
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2014
    Posts: 615
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 12:18 AM ET #459

    Quote Originally Posted by mafioso:

    True, 
    Let me be as open and honest as I can be
    Graduated high school in 1992
    2 years of college before it drove me insane
    Culinary school 1994 to 1996
    worked at a couple of high end Italian restaurants in La Jolla CA and the gas lamp district before it became the Gaslamp District as we know it today.

    Betting since the superbowl in 1996 when the packers beat the spread vs the pats by a hook
    Won my first wager ever that super bowl
     1997 bet the NFL Playoffs and did great 

    Now the Nitty Gritty
    1998 OH HOW I STILL FEEL LIKE A CRACK HEAD CHASING THAT FIRST HIGH.
    I was Money the entire season
    Even quit my job after week 5 (HOW STUPID WAS THAT?)
    didnt have a losing week the entire season
    17 weeks 
    4 weeks of playoffs without losing, not only not losing but I MADE OVER $58,000.00 after expenses rent everything
    I WINED AND DINED like KING and all my QUEENS every night of the week.

    I started week 1 with 600 dollars

    I found a closed pizzeria in El Cajon CA
    I asked why a place like that would be closed since it was in the heart of of that city?

    I had heard bad management rude behavior towards customers ...

    I leased it 
    with all equipment there
    paid 1st month last month and double security deposit
    and I went off on an advertising campaign that cost me well over 30K the first 4 months.

    Opened up 3 more before selling them all in 2002

    in between that time 
    1999 to 2002 I got smoked losing nearly 20K a year 
    I didnt understand what happened NOW I DO

    I GOT LUCKY
    LUCKY 
    Lucky 
    lucky
    all Luck
    I learned from it I know every mistake i made along the way.
    how the hell was I sooooo stupid to bet a 500 3 team parlay for the morning games hit that bet the 3500 on a 2 teamer in the afternoon then bet it all on the sunday night game
    that is what I did in 1998 I did it twice and nailed it twice.

    When reality hit it hit me hard
    My restaurants were all a success 
    they saved me but I didnt profit a cent due to my gambling losses and my lifestyle of dining, escorts and fast cars.

    I sold all my restaurants in 1998 to a crazy Palestinian guy who at the time i felt overpaid me.
    so here i am flush with cash, and completely burnt out from the restaurant business.
    I bought a house near an area called dictionary hills in Spring Valley, stole it right before the housing boom at 180K

    and I rented it out and left the country
    traveled all over South East Asia
    Made my visa runs in Guam 
    Came back in 2004 to San Diego CA
    tenants had moved out, and I look at my cash and I need a job, still burnt from the restaurant Biz, a friend suggested dealing at Barona valley ranch.
    they had their own Blackjack dealing school and if hired you get your money back for the school.
    I jumped on it 
    After 4 years and carpel tunnel I had the itch again for the restaurant business but this time I wanted a bar too
    a sportsbar
    and thats where Iv been since
    I sold it Last year for 350K guy who bought it gave me 100K down then he failed to make payments on what was left
    Before he destroyed the business entirely I protected my investment and gave him back 50K and Iv rebuilt the damage he caused.
    If I sell again, it will be all cash.

    Point Im making is 
    I learned the hard way, and if this forum is to help with our REAL LIFE experiences then who better than a LUCKY FOOL who had that elusive year of incrediblenous then had 4 successful restaurants but didnt see a dime of profit because the fool was a fool and a fool and his money are soon parted.

    Great story man. Just curious when you started with 600 bucks in 98 and had that crazy winning season in football what were you average bet sizes to get that to kind of bank roll?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mafioso:

    True, 
    Let me be as open and honest as I can be
    Graduated high school in 1992
    2 years of college before it drove me insane
    Culinary school 1994 to 1996
    worked at a couple of high end Italian restaurants in La Jolla CA and the gas lamp district before it became the Gaslamp District as we know it today.

    Betting since the superbowl in 1996 when the packers beat the spread vs the pats by a hook
    Won my first wager ever that super bowl
     1997 bet the NFL Playoffs and did great 

    Now the Nitty Gritty
    1998 OH HOW I STILL FEEL LIKE A CRACK HEAD CHASING THAT FIRST HIGH.
    I was Money the entire season
    Even quit my job after week 5 (HOW STUPID WAS THAT?)
    didnt have a losing week the entire season
    17 weeks 
    4 weeks of playoffs without losing, not only not losing but I MADE OVER $58,000.00 after expenses rent everything
    I WINED AND DINED like KING and all my QUEENS every night of the week.

    I started week 1 with 600 dollars

    I found a closed pizzeria in El Cajon CA
    I asked why a place like that would be closed since it was in the heart of of that city?

    I had heard bad management rude behavior towards customers ...

    I leased it 
    with all equipment there
    paid 1st month last month and double security deposit
    and I went off on an advertising campaign that cost me well over 30K the first 4 months.

    Opened up 3 more before selling them all in 2002

    in between that time 
    1999 to 2002 I got smoked losing nearly 20K a year 
    I didnt understand what happened NOW I DO

    I GOT LUCKY
    LUCKY 
    Lucky 
    lucky
    all Luck
    I learned from it I know every mistake i made along the way.
    how the hell was I sooooo stupid to bet a 500 3 team parlay for the morning games hit that bet the 3500 on a 2 teamer in the afternoon then bet it all on the sunday night game
    that is what I did in 1998 I did it twice and nailed it twice.

    When reality hit it hit me hard
    My restaurants were all a success 
    they saved me but I didnt profit a cent due to my gambling losses and my lifestyle of dining, escorts and fast cars.

    I sold all my restaurants in 1998 to a crazy Palestinian guy who at the time i felt overpaid me.
    so here i am flush with cash, and completely burnt out from the restaurant business.
    I bought a house near an area called dictionary hills in Spring Valley, stole it right before the housing boom at 180K

    and I rented it out and left the country
    traveled all over South East Asia
    Made my visa runs in Guam 
    Came back in 2004 to San Diego CA
    tenants had moved out, and I look at my cash and I need a job, still burnt from the restaurant Biz, a friend suggested dealing at Barona valley ranch.
    they had their own Blackjack dealing school and if hired you get your money back for the school.
    I jumped on it 
    After 4 years and carpel tunnel I had the itch again for the restaurant business but this time I wanted a bar too
    a sportsbar
    and thats where Iv been since
    I sold it Last year for 350K guy who bought it gave me 100K down then he failed to make payments on what was left
    Before he destroyed the business entirely I protected my investment and gave him back 50K and Iv rebuilt the damage he caused.
    If I sell again, it will be all cash.

    Point Im making is 
    I learned the hard way, and if this forum is to help with our REAL LIFE experiences then who better than a LUCKY FOOL who had that elusive year of incrediblenous then had 4 successful restaurants but didnt see a dime of profit because the fool was a fool and a fool and his money are soon parted.

    Great story man. Just curious when you started with 600 bucks in 98 and had that crazy winning season in football what were you average bet sizes to get that to kind of bank roll?
     
    DreamKillas
    DreamKillas
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2014
    Posts: 615
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 12:20 AM ET #460

    never mind. Still am curious as to what your average bet sizes were with a 600-1000 dollar bank roll

    "that is what I did in 1998 I did it twice and nailed it twice."

    Reply
    never mind. Still am curious as to what your average bet sizes were with a 600-1000 dollar bank roll

    "that is what I did in 1998 I did it twice and nailed it twice."

     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 6:38 AM ET #461

    week 1
    If i remember correctly 
    I hit a 100 dollar 4 teamer to start the morning games
    then I was all over the place like some idiot without a thing to lose.
    550 straight bets, 550 two team teasers, 200 dollar 3 team parlays.
    Win Win Win Win Win everything, by week 4 I bought a new car
    By week 5 I quit my job
    by week 9 I was up 30K after all that
    eating at the finest restaurants
    banging every single Whaore in clubs like Bolero, Chicago Club, Adalitas

    Made friends with all the cops that Patrolled Caliente sportsbook
    Took them out for food, drinks and Women.
    Superbowl that year was Denver vs Packers, I pounded Denver and Over in Parlay
    the over straight
    Denver Straight

    Not one losing week, I was so dumb and young and stupid, it didnt hit me until the next season just how did I do what I did?
    I learned quick after though.

    Somehow i had a horseshoe up my A$$ the size of the rocky statue in Philly.

    Nothing i could do was wrong, and it lasted the entire season.

    I was living in Spring Valley CA, a 15 minute drive to TJ Mexico where wagering is legal.
    I practically lived in TJ.

    I would have lost every penny the year after, but i wanted my own restaurant desperately.
    Its the only thing that saved me.

    in the end and lets be honest
    I profited 59,000 after absurd living expenses
    A Jeep Grand Cherokee
    and the start of my business

    in 3 short years I lost 60 grand
    Only thing that saved me was my desire to own my own restaurant.

    So, If I didnt have that desire then where would I be?
    Probably still working for someone else without any shot at what i have now. 
    Reply
    week 1
    If i remember correctly 
    I hit a 100 dollar 4 teamer to start the morning games
    then I was all over the place like some idiot without a thing to lose.
    550 straight bets, 550 two team teasers, 200 dollar 3 team parlays.
    Win Win Win Win Win everything, by week 4 I bought a new car
    By week 5 I quit my job
    by week 9 I was up 30K after all that
    eating at the finest restaurants
    banging every single Whaore in clubs like Bolero, Chicago Club, Adalitas

    Made friends with all the cops that Patrolled Caliente sportsbook
    Took them out for food, drinks and Women.
    Superbowl that year was Denver vs Packers, I pounded Denver and Over in Parlay
    the over straight
    Denver Straight

    Not one losing week, I was so dumb and young and stupid, it didnt hit me until the next season just how did I do what I did?
    I learned quick after though.

    Somehow i had a horseshoe up my A$$ the size of the rocky statue in Philly.

    Nothing i could do was wrong, and it lasted the entire season.

    I was living in Spring Valley CA, a 15 minute drive to TJ Mexico where wagering is legal.
    I practically lived in TJ.

    I would have lost every penny the year after, but i wanted my own restaurant desperately.
    Its the only thing that saved me.

    in the end and lets be honest
    I profited 59,000 after absurd living expenses
    A Jeep Grand Cherokee
    and the start of my business

    in 3 short years I lost 60 grand
    Only thing that saved me was my desire to own my own restaurant.

    So, If I didnt have that desire then where would I be?
    Probably still working for someone else without any shot at what i have now. 
     
    HoldingXYZ
    HoldingXYZ
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 6667
    Posted: Apr. 7, 2015 - 1:24 PM ET #462

    $100000 At least for 1 football season... Mafioso you painted a realistic picture... Cool story... So when are you going to be back in the game again lol
    Reply
    $100000 At least for 1 football season... Mafioso you painted a realistic picture... Cool story... So when are you going to be back in the game again lol
     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2015 - 3:36 AM ET #463

    Quote Originally Posted by HoldingXYZ:

    $100000 At least for 1 football season... Mafioso you painted a realistic picture... Cool story... So when are you going to be back in the game again lol

    LOL Never, Im only good at betting 330 a game these days and praying Im even or ahead at seasons end, although the last few years have been good to me, Im married for 11 years now 2 kids real responsibilities.

    I lost my 1 shot Balls Years ago
    Still looking for them lol
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by HoldingXYZ:

    $100000 At least for 1 football season... Mafioso you painted a realistic picture... Cool story... So when are you going to be back in the game again lol

    LOL Never, Im only good at betting 330 a game these days and praying Im even or ahead at seasons end, although the last few years have been good to me, Im married for 11 years now 2 kids real responsibilities.

    I lost my 1 shot Balls Years ago
    Still looking for them lol
     
    HoldingXYZ
    HoldingXYZ
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 6667
    Posted: May. 7, 2015 - 6:40 PM ET #464

    Hey Maf,

    I will be in vegas for the Nba finals coming up and will be submitting some entries for the supercontest for once... Do you ever join in?
    Reply
    Hey Maf,

    I will be in vegas for the Nba finals coming up and will be submitting some entries for the supercontest for once... Do you ever join in?
     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: May. 8, 2015 - 5:18 AM ET #465

    Truthfully, Iv become more of a Live Bettor 
    I just see a-lot more value in it and have created so many middle opportunities that would have never been there.
    Reply
    Truthfully, Iv become more of a Live Bettor 
    I just see a-lot more value in it and have created so many middle opportunities that would have never been there.
     
    HoldingXYZ
    HoldingXYZ
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 6667
    Posted: May. 8, 2015 - 10:51 AM ET #466

    That's so much work Maf... Do you chase steam at all?
    Reply
    That's so much work Maf... Do you chase steam at all?
     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: May. 8, 2015 - 3:12 PM ET #467

    Never Holding, if the line starts moving like flowing water one way or another, in my opinion the value is already gone.
    The only way to get back the value is thru live betting if the team you want is down a certain amount of points.
    Reply
    Never Holding, if the line starts moving like flowing water one way or another, in my opinion the value is already gone.
    The only way to get back the value is thru live betting if the team you want is down a certain amount of points.
     
    HoldingXYZ
    HoldingXYZ
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 6667
    Posted: May. 9, 2015 - 12:53 PM ET #468

    Maf, i hear you... In Vegas they move pretty quick... Unless if its one of those blood bath plays that the public is all over... Was there for nba and prior to march madness chasing steam on some 1H & part running... Luckily my Boston plays were all coming thru... Was really high on them this year... Well if you can make it out there in June i will be on the strip just in case... Never played at the lvh as its off the strip,, no idea why they keep changing names lol... 
    Reply
    Maf, i hear you... In Vegas they move pretty quick... Unless if its one of those blood bath plays that the public is all over... Was there for nba and prior to march madness chasing steam on some 1H & part running... Luckily my Boston plays were all coming thru... Was really high on them this year... Well if you can make it out there in June i will be on the strip just in case... Never played at the lvh as its off the strip,, no idea why they keep changing names lol... 
     
    DrRenob
    DrRenob
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 502
    Posted: May. 26, 2015 - 7:54 PM ET #469

    Quote Originally Posted by mafioso:

    True, 
    Let me be as open and honest as I can be
    Graduated high school in 1992
    2 years of college before it drove me insane
    Culinary school 1994 to 1996
    worked at a couple of high end Italian restaurants in La Jolla CA and the gas lamp district before it became the Gaslamp District as we know it today.

    Betting since the superbowl in 1996 when the packers beat the spread vs the pats by a hook
    Won my first wager ever that super bowl
     1997 bet the NFL Playoffs and did great 

    Now the Nitty Gritty
    1998 OH HOW I STILL FEEL LIKE A CRACK HEAD CHASING THAT FIRST HIGH.
    I was Money the entire season
    Even quit my job after week 5 (HOW STUPID WAS THAT?)
    didnt have a losing week the entire season
    17 weeks 
    4 weeks of playoffs without losing, not only not losing but I MADE OVER $58,000.00 after expenses rent everything
    I WINED AND DINED like KING and all my QUEENS every night of the week.

    I started week 1 with 600 dollars

    I found a closed pizzeria in El Cajon CA
    I asked why a place like that would be closed since it was in the heart of of that city?

    I had heard bad management rude behavior towards customers ...

    I leased it 
    with all equipment there
    paid 1st month last month and double security deposit
    and I went off on an advertising campaign that cost me well over 30K the first 4 months.

    Opened up 3 more before selling them all in 2002

    in between that time 
    1999 to 2002 I got smoked losing nearly 20K a year 
    I didnt understand what happened NOW I DO

    I GOT LUCKY
    LUCKY 
    Lucky 
    lucky
    all Luck
    I learned from it I know every mistake i made along the way.
    how the hell was I sooooo stupid to bet a 500 3 team parlay for the morning games hit that bet the 3500 on a 2 teamer in the afternoon then bet it all on the sunday night game
    that is what I did in 1998 I did it twice and nailed it twice.

    When reality hit it hit me hard
    My restaurants were all a success 
    they saved me but I didnt profit a cent due to my gambling losses and my lifestyle of dining, escorts and fast cars.

    I sold all my restaurants in 1998 to a crazy Palestinian guy who at the time i felt overpaid me.
    so here i am flush with cash, and completely burnt out from the restaurant business.
    I bought a house near an area called dictionary hills in Spring Valley, stole it right before the housing boom at 180K

    and I rented it out and left the country
    traveled all over South East Asia
    Made my visa runs in Guam 
    Came back in 2004 to San Diego CA
    tenants had moved out, and I look at my cash and I need a job, still burnt from the restaurant Biz, a friend suggested dealing at Barona valley ranch.
    they had their own Blackjack dealing school and if hired you get your money back for the school.
    I jumped on it 
    After 4 years and carpel tunnel I had the itch again for the restaurant business but this time I wanted a bar too
    a sportsbar
    and thats where Iv been since
    I sold it Last year for 350K guy who bought it gave me 100K down then he failed to make payments on what was left
    Before he destroyed the business entirely I protected my investment and gave him back 50K and Iv rebuilt the damage he caused.
    If I sell again, it will be all cash.

    Point Im making is 
    I learned the hard way, and if this forum is to help with our REAL LIFE experiences then who better than a LUCKY FOOL who had that elusive year of incrediblenous then had 4 successful restaurants but didnt see a dime of profit because the fool was a fool and a fool and his money are soon parted.


    Thank You Mafioso For being sharing this story, you're one of the real honest guys on this forum. Ive been woring in the industry since 1995 here in Vegas, Like sports_Network, I've seen my far share of sad stories. This City will eat you up. Thanks again for keeping it real so maybe some of the wishful thinkers with grand plans of making easy money will think twice.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mafioso:

    True, 
    Let me be as open and honest as I can be
    Graduated high school in 1992
    2 years of college before it drove me insane
    Culinary school 1994 to 1996
    worked at a couple of high end Italian restaurants in La Jolla CA and the gas lamp district before it became the Gaslamp District as we know it today.

    Betting since the superbowl in 1996 when the packers beat the spread vs the pats by a hook
    Won my first wager ever that super bowl
     1997 bet the NFL Playoffs and did great 

    Now the Nitty Gritty
    1998 OH HOW I STILL FEEL LIKE A CRACK HEAD CHASING THAT FIRST HIGH.
    I was Money the entire season
    Even quit my job after week 5 (HOW STUPID WAS THAT?)
    didnt have a losing week the entire season
    17 weeks 
    4 weeks of playoffs without losing, not only not losing but I MADE OVER $58,000.00 after expenses rent everything
    I WINED AND DINED like KING and all my QUEENS every night of the week.

    I started week 1 with 600 dollars

    I found a closed pizzeria in El Cajon CA
    I asked why a place like that would be closed since it was in the heart of of that city?

    I had heard bad management rude behavior towards customers ...

    I leased it 
    with all equipment there
    paid 1st month last month and double security deposit
    and I went off on an advertising campaign that cost me well over 30K the first 4 months.

    Opened up 3 more before selling them all in 2002

    in between that time 
    1999 to 2002 I got smoked losing nearly 20K a year 
    I didnt understand what happened NOW I DO

    I GOT LUCKY
    LUCKY 
    Lucky 
    lucky
    all Luck
    I learned from it I know every mistake i made along the way.
    how the hell was I sooooo stupid to bet a 500 3 team parlay for the morning games hit that bet the 3500 on a 2 teamer in the afternoon then bet it all on the sunday night game
    that is what I did in 1998 I did it twice and nailed it twice.

    When reality hit it hit me hard
    My restaurants were all a success 
    they saved me but I didnt profit a cent due to my gambling losses and my lifestyle of dining, escorts and fast cars.

    I sold all my restaurants in 1998 to a crazy Palestinian guy who at the time i felt overpaid me.
    so here i am flush with cash, and completely burnt out from the restaurant business.
    I bought a house near an area called dictionary hills in Spring Valley, stole it right before the housing boom at 180K

    and I rented it out and left the country
    traveled all over South East Asia
    Made my visa runs in Guam 
    Came back in 2004 to San Diego CA
    tenants had moved out, and I look at my cash and I need a job, still burnt from the restaurant Biz, a friend suggested dealing at Barona valley ranch.
    they had their own Blackjack dealing school and if hired you get your money back for the school.
    I jumped on it 
    After 4 years and carpel tunnel I had the itch again for the restaurant business but this time I wanted a bar too
    a sportsbar
    and thats where Iv been since
    I sold it Last year for 350K guy who bought it gave me 100K down then he failed to make payments on what was left
    Before he destroyed the business entirely I protected my investment and gave him back 50K and Iv rebuilt the damage he caused.
    If I sell again, it will be all cash.

    Point Im making is 
    I learned the hard way, and if this forum is to help with our REAL LIFE experiences then who better than a LUCKY FOOL who had that elusive year of incrediblenous then had 4 successful restaurants but didnt see a dime of profit because the fool was a fool and a fool and his money are soon parted.


    Thank You Mafioso For being sharing this story, you're one of the real honest guys on this forum. Ive been woring in the industry since 1995 here in Vegas, Like sports_Network, I've seen my far share of sad stories. This City will eat you up. Thanks again for keeping it real so maybe some of the wishful thinkers with grand plans of making easy money will think twice.
     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: May. 27, 2015 - 6:16 AM ET #470

    I have a cousin who has lost 
    1) his business

    2) his wife 

    3) his home

    EVERYTHING, He is 54 years old he Blew 2 of his kids college money

    but most of all he has become a menace a cockroach to most of us.
    When we see him coming most try to find an excuse to get away as he is going to ask for money.

    What he has done to his brother is even more disgusting, stolen money.
    grabbed his legs in public while begging for forgiveness all to get a few hundred and run to the casino to reclaim all that he has lost.

    What he has lost is more then what I mentioned above
    He has lost his
    manhood 
    respect
    honor 
    and Dignity
    Yeah Brother this can get ugly, real ugly if you let it get a hold of you.
    Reply
    I have a cousin who has lost 
    1) his business

    2) his wife 

    3) his home

    EVERYTHING, He is 54 years old he Blew 2 of his kids college money

    but most of all he has become a menace a cockroach to most of us.
    When we see him coming most try to find an excuse to get away as he is going to ask for money.

    What he has done to his brother is even more disgusting, stolen money.
    grabbed his legs in public while begging for forgiveness all to get a few hundred and run to the casino to reclaim all that he has lost.

    What he has lost is more then what I mentioned above
    He has lost his
    manhood 
    respect
    honor 
    and Dignity
    Yeah Brother this can get ugly, real ugly if you let it get a hold of you.
     
    Jayvegas420
    Jayvegas420
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 323
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2015 - 2:04 AM ET #471

    Where are you playing lately?  How's the bankroll?
    Any MLB plays tonight?
    Reply
    Where are you playing lately?  How's the bankroll?
    Any MLB plays tonight?
     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2015 - 5:08 AM ET #472

    Mostly live betting MLB Jay

    Ill be in Vegas October 15 thru Oct 20th

    Have had a rough few weeks
    Just tested and I have type 2 Diabetes so Im doing everything I can to bring the blood sugar down and learning how to eat healthy.

    My dad has early onset dementia, He refuses any kind of treatment and is living with my sister in San Diego now,'Just been a rough few weeks for me and my family. 
    Reply
    Mostly live betting MLB Jay

    Ill be in Vegas October 15 thru Oct 20th

    Have had a rough few weeks
    Just tested and I have type 2 Diabetes so Im doing everything I can to bring the blood sugar down and learning how to eat healthy.

    My dad has early onset dementia, He refuses any kind of treatment and is living with my sister in San Diego now,'Just been a rough few weeks for me and my family. 
     
    Jayvegas420
    Jayvegas420
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 323
    Posted: Aug. 15, 2015 - 1:34 AM ET #473

    Sorry to hear.
    I will be arriving next week.
    Hope to still be there in Oct
    Reply
    Sorry to hear.
    I will be arriving next week.
    Hope to still be there in Oct
     
    TDHPlays
    TDHPlays
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 13
    Posted: Aug. 16, 2015 - 7:57 PM ET #474

    I don't want to say too much, but I will be returning to LV before the NFL season starts.  Am retired, have a secure pension from NV and SSA, almost at 50K per year based upon my work and my deceased wife's tenure as a teacher.  Moreover, before going in a few weeks, I secured a part time job at $5k per year for 3 months work, as I don't want to work too much at my age.  I lived in LV for over 14 years during my earning years and it was very good to me and my wife as employees, but not gamblers.  Unfortunately, she died there of cancer at an early age.  Of course, that was in the late 80's and early 90's before all the minorities moved in.
    With a retirement investment account which I could live on until I'm a 100 without any pension, I think it is time to try to go back and have some fun with minimal football bets.  I think this is the only way you can survive there.  Any other way, I would advise against trying to make it.  When I lived there, so many of my friends were in bankruptcy court.  So many tried to live the dream, but they ended up broke.
    Reply
    I don't want to say too much, but I will be returning to LV before the NFL season starts.  Am retired, have a secure pension from NV and SSA, almost at 50K per year based upon my work and my deceased wife's tenure as a teacher.  Moreover, before going in a few weeks, I secured a part time job at $5k per year for 3 months work, as I don't want to work too much at my age.  I lived in LV for over 14 years during my earning years and it was very good to me and my wife as employees, but not gamblers.  Unfortunately, she died there of cancer at an early age.  Of course, that was in the late 80's and early 90's before all the minorities moved in.
    With a retirement investment account which I could live on until I'm a 100 without any pension, I think it is time to try to go back and have some fun with minimal football bets.  I think this is the only way you can survive there.  Any other way, I would advise against trying to make it.  When I lived there, so many of my friends were in bankruptcy court.  So many tried to live the dream, but they ended up broke.
     
     
    Johnnybad
    Johnnybad
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 659
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2016 - 10:16 PM ET #475

    Wow... I have not looked at this post in a few years... It practical went viral :-)

    Reply

    Wow... I have not looked at this post in a few years... It practical went viral :-)

    All Forums | Las Vegas
    «First Previous 123 ... 181920 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,359
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,961
    • PART DEUX 166
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 438
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 854
    • Week 6 Money 9,038
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,855
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,471
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,793
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,275

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.