• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Las Vegas

    Minimum needed to live the dream

    «First Previous 151617 ... 181920 Next Last»
    cjm2008
    dtorres72
    mafioso
    ad1260
    ShadowWarrior
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 283609
    Posts: 495
    «First Previous 151617 ... 181920 Next Last»
     
    cjm2008
    cjm2008
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 22012
    Posted: Jun. 9, 2013 - 7:19 PM ET #351

    Quote Originally Posted by baronman:

    cjm2008 your full of it there are no $30,0000 houses in vegas Maybe crap condo for $50,000 What are you going to live on????????????????????


    You are saying the wrong person is "full of crap".  I was quoting dtorres72.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by baronman:

    cjm2008 your full of it there are no $30,0000 houses in vegas Maybe crap condo for $50,000 What are you going to live on????????????????????


    You are saying the wrong person is "full of crap".  I was quoting dtorres72.
     
    dtorres72
    dtorres72
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 116
    Posted: Jun. 9, 2013 - 8:05 PM ET #352

    Well no shi@@ baronman, read what i wrote i said I hope to buy a house with MY WINNINGS...  I will be leaving this week, and staying at 1st Budget Suites, and see what happens...So before you go off on saying crap, read the full post..
    Reply
    Well no shi@@ baronman, read what i wrote i said I hope to buy a house with MY WINNINGS...  I will be leaving this week, and staying at 1st Budget Suites, and see what happens...So before you go off on saying crap, read the full post..
     
    cjm2008
    cjm2008
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 22012
    Posted: Jun. 9, 2013 - 9:22 PM ET #353

    Quote Originally Posted by dtorres72:

    Well no shi@@ baronman, read what i wrote i said I hope to buy a house with MY WINNINGS...  I will be leaving this week, and staying at 1st Budget Suites, and see what happens...So before you go off on saying crap, read the full post..

    Thanks dtorres72 for clearing that up
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dtorres72:

    Well no shi@@ baronman, read what i wrote i said I hope to buy a house with MY WINNINGS...  I will be leaving this week, and staying at 1st Budget Suites, and see what happens...So before you go off on saying crap, read the full post..

    Thanks dtorres72 for clearing that up
     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Jun. 10, 2013 - 7:27 PM ET #354

    Actually You can still find home in Vegas ranging from 55 to 80K
    Look at the Zillow website
    Reply
    Actually You can still find home in Vegas ranging from 55 to 80K
    Look at the Zillow website
     
    dtorres72
    dtorres72
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 116
    Posted: Jun. 13, 2013 - 7:44 PM ET #355

    Dam its hot...  Oh well I am here staying at Budget Suites on Tropicana.  Just in time for game 4 of the NBA Finals..  I think the Heat bounce back in a big way.  Taken them 1st half and the game.  Will start a little light to begin and hopefully pick it up as the days and hopefully months go bye..

    1g on each....and will double up on at the half if i win 1st half bet!!!!
    Reply
    Dam its hot...  Oh well I am here staying at Budget Suites on Tropicana.  Just in time for game 4 of the NBA Finals..  I think the Heat bounce back in a big way.  Taken them 1st half and the game.  Will start a little light to begin and hopefully pick it up as the days and hopefully months go bye..

    1g on each....and will double up on at the half if i win 1st half bet!!!!
     
    dtorres72
    dtorres72
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 116
    Posted: Jun. 21, 2013 - 10:40 AM ET #356

    Well it's been just over a week and I must say, it's exciting out here!  I love this town, FOR NOW!  So many beautiful ladies, most half naked during the day at the pools.  Now what man doesn't like that?  The night life has been crazy, but i am still keeping my senses, cause lord knows you could blow thousands in a matter of minutes without gambling..

    Anyways, I am up a little bit, i would say 2g, wish i could say more but that is better then being down 2g or more.

    Today I am taking an early baseball game and I always hate to taking a team with a big run line, but since its a Friday afternoon game lets start the weekend off right, putting up 3400 to win 2000 on the Cubs, -170 ML...
    Reply
    Well it's been just over a week and I must say, it's exciting out here!  I love this town, FOR NOW!  So many beautiful ladies, most half naked during the day at the pools.  Now what man doesn't like that?  The night life has been crazy, but i am still keeping my senses, cause lord knows you could blow thousands in a matter of minutes without gambling..

    Anyways, I am up a little bit, i would say 2g, wish i could say more but that is better then being down 2g or more.

    Today I am taking an early baseball game and I always hate to taking a team with a big run line, but since its a Friday afternoon game lets start the weekend off right, putting up 3400 to win 2000 on the Cubs, -170 ML...
     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Jun. 21, 2013 - 12:33 PM ET #357

    Win or lose this game, You are already done and finished, Playing a -170 favorite is death, Playing the CUBS at -170 in Suicide.
    give up this endeavor now before all your money is gone baby gone.
    Reply
    Win or lose this game, You are already done and finished, Playing a -170 favorite is death, Playing the CUBS at -170 in Suicide.
    give up this endeavor now before all your money is gone baby gone.
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8162
    Posted: Jun. 21, 2013 - 12:44 PM ET #358

    Quote Originally Posted by mafioso:

    Win or lose this game, You are already done and finished, Playing a -170 favorite is death, Playing the CUBS at -170 in Suicide.
    give up this endeavor now before all your money is gone baby gone.

    Sadly I have to agree with this. I actually like Houston at such a big dog (but I think it may be a trap). 

    May I ask why you are laying so much on this game?!!? You are betting almost twice your total profit thus far...on the CUBS. 

    None the less, BOL. Be safe buddy and don't lose your mind. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mafioso:

    Win or lose this game, You are already done and finished, Playing a -170 favorite is death, Playing the CUBS at -170 in Suicide.
    give up this endeavor now before all your money is gone baby gone.

    Sadly I have to agree with this. I actually like Houston at such a big dog (but I think it may be a trap). 

    May I ask why you are laying so much on this game?!!? You are betting almost twice your total profit thus far...on the CUBS. 

    None the less, BOL. Be safe buddy and don't lose your mind. 
     
    ShadowWarrior
    ShadowWarrior
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2002
    Posts: 7112
    Posted: Jun. 21, 2013 - 12:48 PM ET #359

    Did you need to file IRS forms on your wins?   I would think a 2k win would necessitate forms?   
    Reply
    Did you need to file IRS forms on your wins?   I would think a 2k win would necessitate forms?   
     
    cjm2008
    cjm2008
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 22012
    Posted: Jun. 21, 2013 - 2:35 PM ET #360

    Quote Originally Posted by dtorres72:

    Well it's been just over a week and I must say, it's exciting out here!  I love this town, FOR NOW!  So many beautiful ladies, most half naked during the day at the pools.  Now what man doesn't like that?  The night life has been crazy, but i am still keeping my senses, cause lord knows you could blow thousands in a matter of minutes without gambling..

    Anyways, I am up a little bit, i would say 2g, wish i could say more but that is better then being down 2g or more.

    You must be having a heat stroke to put up that much money on the Cubs. I think the pools and nightlife is getting to you.






    Today I am taking an early baseball game and I always hate to taking a team with a big run line, but since its a Friday afternoon game lets start the weekend off right, putting up 3400 to win 2000 on the Cubs, -170 ML...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dtorres72:

    Well it's been just over a week and I must say, it's exciting out here!  I love this town, FOR NOW!  So many beautiful ladies, most half naked during the day at the pools.  Now what man doesn't like that?  The night life has been crazy, but i am still keeping my senses, cause lord knows you could blow thousands in a matter of minutes without gambling..

    Anyways, I am up a little bit, i would say 2g, wish i could say more but that is better then being down 2g or more.

    You must be having a heat stroke to put up that much money on the Cubs. I think the pools and nightlife is getting to you.






    Today I am taking an early baseball game and I always hate to taking a team with a big run line, but since its a Friday afternoon game lets start the weekend off right, putting up 3400 to win 2000 on the Cubs, -170 ML...
     
    cjm2008
    cjm2008
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 22012
    Posted: Jun. 21, 2013 - 2:37 PM ET #361

    Quote Originally Posted by dtorres72:

    Well it's been just over a week and I must say, it's exciting out here!  I love this town, FOR NOW!  So many beautiful ladies, most half naked during the day at the pools.  Now what man doesn't like that?  The night life has been crazy, but i am still keeping my senses, cause lord knows you could blow thousands in a matter of minutes without gambling..

    Anyways, I am up a little bit, i would say 2g, wish i could say more but that is better then being down 2g or more.

    Today I am taking an early baseball game and I always hate to taking a team with a big run line, but since its a Friday afternoon game lets start the weekend off right, putting up 3400 to win 2000 on the Cubs, -170 ML...


    3400 to win 2000 on the Cubs. The heat, pools, half naked women, and nightlife must be getting to you.

    GL Brother
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dtorres72:

    Well it's been just over a week and I must say, it's exciting out here!  I love this town, FOR NOW!  So many beautiful ladies, most half naked during the day at the pools.  Now what man doesn't like that?  The night life has been crazy, but i am still keeping my senses, cause lord knows you could blow thousands in a matter of minutes without gambling..

    Anyways, I am up a little bit, i would say 2g, wish i could say more but that is better then being down 2g or more.

    Today I am taking an early baseball game and I always hate to taking a team with a big run line, but since its a Friday afternoon game lets start the weekend off right, putting up 3400 to win 2000 on the Cubs, -170 ML...


    3400 to win 2000 on the Cubs. The heat, pools, half naked women, and nightlife must be getting to you.

    GL Brother
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8162
    Posted: Jun. 22, 2013 - 12:51 AM ET #362

    Nice hit buddy. I'd probably take a day or 2 off though! But hell, who knows? I might be the delirious one...I have been COLD lately.

    I went 0-3 today----not to mention almost all of my "leans" lost. 

    Gotta get back on the train. Keep it up buddy and keep us posted. 
    Reply
    Nice hit buddy. I'd probably take a day or 2 off though! But hell, who knows? I might be the delirious one...I have been COLD lately.

    I went 0-3 today----not to mention almost all of my "leans" lost. 

    Gotta get back on the train. Keep it up buddy and keep us posted. 
     
    MasterNBA
    MasterNBA
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 2425
    Posted: Jun. 22, 2013 - 1:08 AM ET #363

    Gambler will never win no matter what. The odd is always the house. Save ur money and enjoy your vacation some where else.
    Reply
    Gambler will never win no matter what. The odd is always the house. Save ur money and enjoy your vacation some where else.
     
    Jayvegas420
    Jayvegas420
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 323
    Posted: Jun. 22, 2013 - 6:58 AM ET #364

    NO matter what?
    What if the gambler wins a bet or two?
    I think it's unfair to say that every gambler losses?
    There has to be a winner or two out there.  Otherwise I don't think anyone would play.
    Reply
    NO matter what?
    What if the gambler wins a bet or two?
    I think it's unfair to say that every gambler losses?
    There has to be a winner or two out there.  Otherwise I don't think anyone would play.
     
    dtorres72
    dtorres72
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 116
    Posted: Jun. 22, 2013 - 6:09 PM ET #365

    MasterNBA, lay off the pipe.  That is a bold statement to say, but to each their own.  Not sure what all the fuss was about with taking the Cubs! 

    Do I like laying a big money line, not really but if you have a gut its going to win, you don't have a choice but to take it. 

    I will post this bet for tonight and I will check back in about a week or so, but once again lay the big money line -150 and take the Chicago Blackhawks..  I will lay $4500 to win $3g....
    Reply
    MasterNBA, lay off the pipe.  That is a bold statement to say, but to each their own.  Not sure what all the fuss was about with taking the Cubs! 

    Do I like laying a big money line, not really but if you have a gut its going to win, you don't have a choice but to take it. 

    I will post this bet for tonight and I will check back in about a week or so, but once again lay the big money line -150 and take the Chicago Blackhawks..  I will lay $4500 to win $3g....
     
    bizkilla
    bizkilla
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 1725
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2013 - 1:01 AM ET #366

    I cant believe I spent over an hour reading this thread in its entirety. Very insightful though. The dream fantasy to me would be to enjoy what you are doing. Presently, I am grateful for my lifestyle. Family is everything. The film Godfather has a strong influence on my life and the line from that movie regarding spending time with ones family is something I live by. So personally I would have to live “the dream” vicariously through some of you playboys that are doing it in Sin City. One of my best buds talks about the dream. He is a successful gambler but does tend to get cute and could spiral out of control. But when we discuss this fantasy we be real. Why not get a job. Even a bartender gig is pretty sweet when you think about it. The game is on the tube!!!!!!!

    I think Mafioso made a very good point early in the thread. Intel chimed in midway with insight. I like Pohoda post 259. And post 270 and the rant about online was gold. Its very risky to have a substantial amount in offshore action. Post 302 brought up the gamblers fallacy not once, but twice. That dude is whack. Do not listen to that strategy. I thought post 329 was legend. Just pick winners.

    The lifestyle of earning $100 per day is a goal for some and in many cases, a confortable living.. Personally that’s not enough. Maybe for a college or fresh out of college kid. But as a frequent visitor of Vegas, I really don’t think it’s a desirable place. I would pay 2% of winnings to someone who would place a wager for me. I’m a situational gambler who leans on dogs. Career winner. But knowing that % wise I would have been a loser over the decade. It was balls that has made me money. San Diego @ Indy playoffs. Seattls vs Saints playoffs. Then, the daily player in me is a loser. I cant pick a winner in a Blue Jays vs Tigers game. I cant pick out a game on a daily basis and grind. Today, I knew Mexico was a better team than Japan. Despite their match not meaning a damn thing. I won huge. It was my only bet in the last 8 days. Pick Winners. Don’t get cute.

    This thread has opened up one thing to me. I pay about $60 in withdrawal fees to my main offshore book. And pretty much just buy lunch and break bread with….. So there is no real reason to go to Las Vegas. So to take the money out the book may essentially cover the gas money/parking/valet/tips/tips/tips it takes to live in Vegas.

     If you play poker there is always someplace that has a great promotion. I rememiber once at Excalibur of all places you spun a wheel for simply draw AA. The Sahara had a fun tourney at 7-11-7 daily. Providing a meal at the first break. It was like what $77? With a $10 add on.  A few years back you earned $1 per hour at IP. They even had Happy Hours when you would earn more. Turn those comps into a high fattening meal. Have a salad instead. Whoever brought up health insurance is on point.

    If you drink or smoke weed or even worse, something much worse, than you should continue that behavior wherever you currently reside. Get some help and stay away from Vegas.

    The women situation is Vegas seems bountiful.

     

    Reply

    I cant believe I spent over an hour reading this thread in its entirety. Very insightful though. The dream fantasy to me would be to enjoy what you are doing. Presently, I am grateful for my lifestyle. Family is everything. The film Godfather has a strong influence on my life and the line from that movie regarding spending time with ones family is something I live by. So personally I would have to live “the dream” vicariously through some of you playboys that are doing it in Sin City. One of my best buds talks about the dream. He is a successful gambler but does tend to get cute and could spiral out of control. But when we discuss this fantasy we be real. Why not get a job. Even a bartender gig is pretty sweet when you think about it. The game is on the tube!!!!!!!

    I think Mafioso made a very good point early in the thread. Intel chimed in midway with insight. I like Pohoda post 259. And post 270 and the rant about online was gold. Its very risky to have a substantial amount in offshore action. Post 302 brought up the gamblers fallacy not once, but twice. That dude is whack. Do not listen to that strategy. I thought post 329 was legend. Just pick winners.

    The lifestyle of earning $100 per day is a goal for some and in many cases, a confortable living.. Personally that’s not enough. Maybe for a college or fresh out of college kid. But as a frequent visitor of Vegas, I really don’t think it’s a desirable place. I would pay 2% of winnings to someone who would place a wager for me. I’m a situational gambler who leans on dogs. Career winner. But knowing that % wise I would have been a loser over the decade. It was balls that has made me money. San Diego @ Indy playoffs. Seattls vs Saints playoffs. Then, the daily player in me is a loser. I cant pick a winner in a Blue Jays vs Tigers game. I cant pick out a game on a daily basis and grind. Today, I knew Mexico was a better team than Japan. Despite their match not meaning a damn thing. I won huge. It was my only bet in the last 8 days. Pick Winners. Don’t get cute.

    This thread has opened up one thing to me. I pay about $60 in withdrawal fees to my main offshore book. And pretty much just buy lunch and break bread with….. So there is no real reason to go to Las Vegas. So to take the money out the book may essentially cover the gas money/parking/valet/tips/tips/tips it takes to live in Vegas.

     If you play poker there is always someplace that has a great promotion. I rememiber once at Excalibur of all places you spun a wheel for simply draw AA. The Sahara had a fun tourney at 7-11-7 daily. Providing a meal at the first break. It was like what $77? With a $10 add on.  A few years back you earned $1 per hour at IP. They even had Happy Hours when you would earn more. Turn those comps into a high fattening meal. Have a salad instead. Whoever brought up health insurance is on point.

    If you drink or smoke weed or even worse, something much worse, than you should continue that behavior wherever you currently reside. Get some help and stay away from Vegas.

    The women situation is Vegas seems bountiful.

     

     
    BoneThrower
    BoneThrower
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2013
    Posts: 126
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2013 - 11:41 AM ET #367

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterNBA:

    Gambler will never win no matter what. The odd is always the house. Save ur money and enjoy your vacation some where else.
     

    Probably you were in the wrong place, wrong time and wrong people if you actually believe that. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterNBA:

    Gambler will never win no matter what. The odd is always the house. Save ur money and enjoy your vacation some where else.
     

    Probably you were in the wrong place, wrong time and wrong people if you actually believe that. 
     
    bizkilla
    bizkilla
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 1725
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2013 - 1:12 PM ET #368

    Man I was tanked last night when I wrote that.

    I imagine being in a 3+ bedroom townhome or condo. Living the dream with my best bud. Splitting most expenses. Not counting food, expenses are about $1200 a piece. We each have a bedroom and the 3rd room would be an office. Multiple monitors and tv screens. There would be a dry erase board. We would follow the same routine and do our research in this war room. Gamblers always think the catch lightning in a bottle when they start hitting and always think there is some system or strategy. And to a point there is. It mainly has to do with money management. After mining the books we would make connections there and strictly shop for the best lines. I would not want to bet more tan 2-3 outcomes per week. One or both of us would go to whichever casino made the most sense. Maybe we get comped here or get a half point there.

    I would be happy not having to grind out at a job and have someone's signature on the paycheck on Friday. I am tired of that lifestyle. My entrepreneurial aspirations have been mildly successful but not enough to sustain a living. Not when I have mouths to feed.

    But this dream of gambling for a living would probably at the end of the day, shorten my life span. In 2011 Finals, the last time I got over emotional about a loss was my lowest point. Win or lose, I rarely have any emotion and I guess that's a good thing going forward.

    GL to you out there that are living and most of all, enjoying, what you are doing.

    Reply

    Man I was tanked last night when I wrote that.

    I imagine being in a 3+ bedroom townhome or condo. Living the dream with my best bud. Splitting most expenses. Not counting food, expenses are about $1200 a piece. We each have a bedroom and the 3rd room would be an office. Multiple monitors and tv screens. There would be a dry erase board. We would follow the same routine and do our research in this war room. Gamblers always think the catch lightning in a bottle when they start hitting and always think there is some system or strategy. And to a point there is. It mainly has to do with money management. After mining the books we would make connections there and strictly shop for the best lines. I would not want to bet more tan 2-3 outcomes per week. One or both of us would go to whichever casino made the most sense. Maybe we get comped here or get a half point there.

    I would be happy not having to grind out at a job and have someone's signature on the paycheck on Friday. I am tired of that lifestyle. My entrepreneurial aspirations have been mildly successful but not enough to sustain a living. Not when I have mouths to feed.

    But this dream of gambling for a living would probably at the end of the day, shorten my life span. In 2011 Finals, the last time I got over emotional about a loss was my lowest point. Win or lose, I rarely have any emotion and I guess that's a good thing going forward.

    GL to you out there that are living and most of all, enjoying, what you are doing.

     
    Michfan15
    Michfan15
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 11316
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2013 - 8:48 PM ET #369

    Quote Originally Posted by bizkilla:

    Man I was tanked last night when I wrote that.

    I imagine being in a 3+ bedroom townhome or condo. Living the dream with my best bud. Splitting most expenses. Not counting food, expenses are about $1200 a piece. We each have a bedroom and the 3rd room would be an office. Multiple monitors and tv screens. There would be a dry erase board. We would follow the same routine and do our research in this war room. Gamblers always think the catch lightning in a bottle when they start hitting and always think there is some system or strategy. And to a point there is. It mainly has to do with money management. After mining the books we would make connections there and strictly shop for the best lines. I would not want to bet more tan 2-3 outcomes per week. One or both of us would go to whichever casino made the most sense. Maybe we get comped here or get a half point there.

    I would be happy not having to grind out at a job and have someone's signature on the paycheck on Friday. I am tired of that lifestyle. My entrepreneurial aspirations have been mildly successful but not enough to sustain a living. Not when I have mouths to feed.

    But this dream of gambling for a living would probably at the end of the day, shorten my life span. In 2011 Finals, the last time I got over emotional about a loss was my lowest point. Win or lose, I rarely have any emotion and I guess that's a good thing going forward.

    GL to you out there that are living and most of all, enjoying, what you are doing.


    good stuff

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by bizkilla:

    Man I was tanked last night when I wrote that.

    I imagine being in a 3+ bedroom townhome or condo. Living the dream with my best bud. Splitting most expenses. Not counting food, expenses are about $1200 a piece. We each have a bedroom and the 3rd room would be an office. Multiple monitors and tv screens. There would be a dry erase board. We would follow the same routine and do our research in this war room. Gamblers always think the catch lightning in a bottle when they start hitting and always think there is some system or strategy. And to a point there is. It mainly has to do with money management. After mining the books we would make connections there and strictly shop for the best lines. I would not want to bet more tan 2-3 outcomes per week. One or both of us would go to whichever casino made the most sense. Maybe we get comped here or get a half point there.

    I would be happy not having to grind out at a job and have someone's signature on the paycheck on Friday. I am tired of that lifestyle. My entrepreneurial aspirations have been mildly successful but not enough to sustain a living. Not when I have mouths to feed.

    But this dream of gambling for a living would probably at the end of the day, shorten my life span. In 2011 Finals, the last time I got over emotional about a loss was my lowest point. Win or lose, I rarely have any emotion and I guess that's a good thing going forward.

    GL to you out there that are living and most of all, enjoying, what you are doing.


    good stuff

     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8162
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2013 - 11:45 PM ET #370

    Good stuff in this thread....I hope to build a roll large enough to just try for 2-3 weeks! And see how it goes....not a plan for life but a roll large enough to see how I could do on a short term basis. I have a friend moving to Vegas in August to teach, and I could stay with her for free 
    Reply
    Good stuff in this thread....I hope to build a roll large enough to just try for 2-3 weeks! And see how it goes....not a plan for life but a roll large enough to see how I could do on a short term basis. I have a friend moving to Vegas in August to teach, and I could stay with her for free 
     
    Jayvegas420
    Jayvegas420
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 323
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2013 - 12:21 PM ET #371

    I thought the poster who said that starting with a low- bare minimum BR was spot on.
    Then when you eventually go broke like most do, you haven't really lost much.
    Taking tens of thousands of dollars & losing it slowly could be quite sobering
    Reply
    I thought the poster who said that starting with a low- bare minimum BR was spot on.
    Then when you eventually go broke like most do, you haven't really lost much.
    Taking tens of thousands of dollars & losing it slowly could be quite sobering
     
    ShadowWarrior
    ShadowWarrior
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2002
    Posts: 7112
    Posted: Jun. 25, 2013 - 11:35 AM ET #372

    4500 to win 3000 does not sound sensible to me.  The guy who won 15k risking 500  on the Nadal upset was cool!  Won 3000 for every 100 although it was a huge upset.   A few years back a guy won on the St. L. Cards to win a futures bet to win NL.  Believe they were 10 games out of the division.   They won the division over the NYM on the last day of the season.  Then they upset Phillies and Cliff Lee and Doc Halladay in the first round.   25k later they won the WS over the Rangers after being down to their last strike.  College football a poster had money line straight bet on Iowa St. at home versus undefeated and highly ranked OK St. on a Thursday nite game, ESPN.  17 point favs were the Cowboys.  I remember that game as it was reported a plane crash had killed the OK St. women basketball coach.  They got upset in OT and the guy won thousands for his money line bet.  He won a 100 on his point spread for insurance!  LOL!
    The biggest fool was the guy who bet 72k on Mike Tyson versus Buster Douglas years ago in Tokyo and  Mike got beat.  For every big winner, there will be a big loser.
    Reply
    4500 to win 3000 does not sound sensible to me.  The guy who won 15k risking 500  on the Nadal upset was cool!  Won 3000 for every 100 although it was a huge upset.   A few years back a guy won on the St. L. Cards to win a futures bet to win NL.  Believe they were 10 games out of the division.   They won the division over the NYM on the last day of the season.  Then they upset Phillies and Cliff Lee and Doc Halladay in the first round.   25k later they won the WS over the Rangers after being down to their last strike.  College football a poster had money line straight bet on Iowa St. at home versus undefeated and highly ranked OK St. on a Thursday nite game, ESPN.  17 point favs were the Cowboys.  I remember that game as it was reported a plane crash had killed the OK St. women basketball coach.  They got upset in OT and the guy won thousands for his money line bet.  He won a 100 on his point spread for insurance!  LOL!
    The biggest fool was the guy who bet 72k on Mike Tyson versus Buster Douglas years ago in Tokyo and  Mike got beat.  For every big winner, there will be a big loser.
     
    vegasflyer1
    vegasflyer1
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 2969
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2013 - 12:57 AM ET #373

    I feel I'm living the dream. I have a new car, a decent place to live, and was able to retire at 52. It was'nt all roses getting to this point. I went through 2 divorces that cost me about 250,000 over the last 20 years. I had my ups and downs and there is a learning curve if you are not from Vegas. The best part about living in Vegas is talking to and learning the thousands of betting styles for each game, each sport. Pick one and get good at it. If you try too many, this town will chew you up and spit you out. I don't reccommend anyone doing it. I did, but money is not all you lose or win. Relationships can break apart and what may seem meaningless at the time will be a regret when you get older. As far as making a living at betting, I make 5 to 6 grand during football season and thats usually over a 6 month period, although I did make 30,000 in 8 weeks one year and I had the strangest feeling this was going to stop after the 3rd week but it kept going. I stayed consistant with my bets and played 3 team round robins. I have been here since 94 and unless your betting 1000 a game, it would be hard to make a year's living expenses. Let's just say you did make a year's living expenses. Would you have the control to lay off until the next season?, or would you pick up your style of living and blow it before the year was out? Could you hold a 2500 dollar ticket in the NBA with a 42 point lead at half and getting 3.5 points without blowing the money you had on you before it ended. I did that, and the team lost. It takes a lot to be a professional and you have to walk through their play ground and rules everyday focused on what you do best and cut the rest out. Good Luck if you try, I have seen many fail mainly because of their vices, over drinking, betting just to have action, slot machines, high interest loans, playing to many sports.
    Reply
    I feel I'm living the dream. I have a new car, a decent place to live, and was able to retire at 52. It was'nt all roses getting to this point. I went through 2 divorces that cost me about 250,000 over the last 20 years. I had my ups and downs and there is a learning curve if you are not from Vegas. The best part about living in Vegas is talking to and learning the thousands of betting styles for each game, each sport. Pick one and get good at it. If you try too many, this town will chew you up and spit you out. I don't reccommend anyone doing it. I did, but money is not all you lose or win. Relationships can break apart and what may seem meaningless at the time will be a regret when you get older. As far as making a living at betting, I make 5 to 6 grand during football season and thats usually over a 6 month period, although I did make 30,000 in 8 weeks one year and I had the strangest feeling this was going to stop after the 3rd week but it kept going. I stayed consistant with my bets and played 3 team round robins. I have been here since 94 and unless your betting 1000 a game, it would be hard to make a year's living expenses. Let's just say you did make a year's living expenses. Would you have the control to lay off until the next season?, or would you pick up your style of living and blow it before the year was out? Could you hold a 2500 dollar ticket in the NBA with a 42 point lead at half and getting 3.5 points without blowing the money you had on you before it ended. I did that, and the team lost. It takes a lot to be a professional and you have to walk through their play ground and rules everyday focused on what you do best and cut the rest out. Good Luck if you try, I have seen many fail mainly because of their vices, over drinking, betting just to have action, slot machines, high interest loans, playing to many sports.
     
    bruin95
    bruin95
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2001
    Posts: 378
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2013 - 12:37 AM ET #374

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWarrior:

    Did you need to file IRS forms on your wins?   I would think a 2k win would necessitate forms?   

     

    Odds need to be 300 to 1, or higher, on sports bets before you have to file a 1099 form.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWarrior:

    Did you need to file IRS forms on your wins?   I would think a 2k win would necessitate forms?   

     

    Odds need to be 300 to 1, or higher, on sports bets before you have to file a 1099 form.

     
     
    ShadowWarrior
    ShadowWarrior
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2002
    Posts: 7112
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2013 - 2:35 PM ET #375

    Where is NYSlim or Hardball Harry or Beergut?  Living the dream or has it become a nightmare.  Lots of islanders have moved to LV .  I have three cousins there, former neighbor, numerous classmates.   Californians especially move there to get away from state taxes on their pensions and their pensions are generous, much better than here.
    Reply
    Where is NYSlim or Hardball Harry or Beergut?  Living the dream or has it become a nightmare.  Lots of islanders have moved to LV .  I have three cousins there, former neighbor, numerous classmates.   Californians especially move there to get away from state taxes on their pensions and their pensions are generous, much better than here.
    All Forums | Las Vegas
    «First Previous 151617 ... 181920 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,365
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,993
    • PART DEUX 166
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 857
    • Week 6 Money 9,464
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,795
    • Friday 10/09/2026 390
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,561
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,277
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 438

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.