• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Las Vegas

    Minimum needed to live the dream

    «First Previous 123 ... 181920 Next Last»
    blindskillz
    Danrules24
    Jayvegas420
    FrankPlaayer
    BIGfnPOO
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 283609
    Posts: 495
    «First Previous 123 ... 181920 Next Last»
     
    blindskillz
    blindskillz
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 494
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2013 - 11:12 AM ET #426

    Liked the thread alot guys, just got finished reading it. Can't wait for week 1 in a few weeks. GL
    Reply
    Liked the thread alot guys, just got finished reading it. Can't wait for week 1 in a few weeks. GL
     
    Danrules24
    Danrules24
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2012
    Posts: 5921
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2013 - 3:15 PM ET #427

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWarrior:


    Heard u can buy a home for 60k there.  Probably a repo.  Lots of islanders have transmigrated to US mainland.  Some have done very well in CA, AZ, WA and other locations.  The high cost of living here has kept many away from returning.  An article here said a home sold here might get 6 or 7homes say in Detroit, MI.   420k divided by 60k.  Probably freeze there,  heat might kill me in NV or at least the AC bills.  The place won't make you happy if you are not happy IMO.
    Most of us are searching for external or material rewards for our happiness.  I learned a long time ago that you need a combination of health, wealth and harmony to have happiness and then it will all be temporary as life itself.!

    I don't think you'd want to live in the areas where you can get a repo for $60k. If you want to live somewhere decent like Summerlin expect to pay at least $90 a sq ft minimum. Inventory is very low and prices are going up for any decent areas. I bought here almost a year ago to the day and my condo has gone from $138k to over $160k (based on recent comps). 1466 sq ft.

    Stay disciplined and manage your bankroll
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWarrior:


    Heard u can buy a home for 60k there.  Probably a repo.  Lots of islanders have transmigrated to US mainland.  Some have done very well in CA, AZ, WA and other locations.  The high cost of living here has kept many away from returning.  An article here said a home sold here might get 6 or 7homes say in Detroit, MI.   420k divided by 60k.  Probably freeze there,  heat might kill me in NV or at least the AC bills.  The place won't make you happy if you are not happy IMO.
    Most of us are searching for external or material rewards for our happiness.  I learned a long time ago that you need a combination of health, wealth and harmony to have happiness and then it will all be temporary as life itself.!

    I don't think you'd want to live in the areas where you can get a repo for $60k. If you want to live somewhere decent like Summerlin expect to pay at least $90 a sq ft minimum. Inventory is very low and prices are going up for any decent areas. I bought here almost a year ago to the day and my condo has gone from $138k to over $160k (based on recent comps). 1466 sq ft.

     
    Jayvegas420
    Jayvegas420
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 323
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2013 - 10:58 PM ET #428

    Quote Originally Posted by blindskillz:

    Liked the thread alot guys, just got finished reading it. Can't wait for week 1 in a few weeks. GL


    By far, my favourite thread on this site.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by blindskillz:

    Liked the thread alot guys, just got finished reading it. Can't wait for week 1 in a few weeks. GL


    By far, my favourite thread on this site.
     
    FrankPlaayer
    FrankPlaayer
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2013
    Posts: 4
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2013 - 12:01 PM ET #429

    It can be done...before moving, try your plays out with an online sportsbook over the course of a year, with light money. If you make money, then do it. If not, you won't have wasted moving expenses or caused the local coroner money by cleaning up the mess you left when you put the .45 underneath your chin (sorry, its the Hunter Thompson romantic in me).
    Reply
    It can be done...before moving, try your plays out with an online sportsbook over the course of a year, with light money. If you make money, then do it. If not, you won't have wasted moving expenses or caused the local coroner money by cleaning up the mess you left when you put the .45 underneath your chin (sorry, its the Hunter Thompson romantic in me).
     
    Jayvegas420
    Jayvegas420
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 323
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2013 - 10:27 PM ET #430

    One losing year does not a completed effort make.


    I kinda get what you're saying but, I've had losing years & winning years.

    Vegas provides cash in hand right after you leave your poker seat, or 2 mins. after a game ends.
    Online isn't really like that.
    Cash in hand is a huge advantage of gambling right in Vegas.
    Reply
    One losing year does not a completed effort make.


    I kinda get what you're saying but, I've had losing years & winning years.

    Vegas provides cash in hand right after you leave your poker seat, or 2 mins. after a game ends.
    Online isn't really like that.
    Cash in hand is a huge advantage of gambling right in Vegas.
     
    BIGfnPOO
    BIGfnPOO
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2006
    Posts: 18880
    Posted: Aug. 3, 2013 - 3:08 AM ET #431

    Cash in hand is a huge advantage of gambling right in Vegas.
    bigFnPOO
    Reply
    Cash in hand is a huge advantage of gambling right in Vegas.
     
    mylife23
    mylife23
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 940
    Posted: Aug. 6, 2013 - 3:41 AM ET #432

    sure is otherwise you're just looking at that total in your account and instead of cashing out each game because withdrawals are complicated and multiple withdrawals cost which annoy me lol
    Reply
    sure is otherwise you're just looking at that total in your account and instead of cashing out each game because withdrawals are complicated and multiple withdrawals cost which annoy me lol
     
    mylife23
    mylife23
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 940
    Posted: Aug. 6, 2013 - 3:43 AM ET #433

    then you can give it all back with ease online..instead of getting that cash immediately after a game ends pending you get the win
    Reply
    then you can give it all back with ease online..instead of getting that cash immediately after a game ends pending you get the win
     
    Jayvegas420
    Jayvegas420
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 323
    Posted: Sep. 17, 2013 - 4:19 AM ET #434

    RIP NewYorkSlim

    OCT 2009 - AUG 2013

    Reply

    RIP NewYorkSlim

    OCT 2009 - AUG 2013

     
    fabdesign
    fabdesign
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 0
    Posted: Sep. 23, 2013 - 11:41 AM ET #435

    If "living the dream" means NOT having a real job and ONLY betting on sports, I would highly advise against that notion.

    I feel confident I could make a living at craps, but my long-term success came in an environment where I wasn't betting my rent money. Always have a job that at least pays the bills.

    In craps, I would win on average 8 out of 9 times (I started by taking $800 to win $200) but you must have excellent Money Management skills. That is the key. Gamblers wust also think like bankers.

    In College Football, for 3 years running, I win 2 out of every 3 bets on average. I treat all these activities like investments. I track them very closely. I make 3 bets per week, and based on my success, increase the amounts conservatively. But I my own business that pays the bills. VERY IMPORTANT. You cannot make wise decisions if your family's food ration is on the line.

    Go contribute something to society. Then it'll be easier to get rich at the Sports Book off your bankroll. And you can have a ball earning your Blow Money at the Book. That's living!

    Reply

    If "living the dream" means NOT having a real job and ONLY betting on sports, I would highly advise against that notion.

    I feel confident I could make a living at craps, but my long-term success came in an environment where I wasn't betting my rent money. Always have a job that at least pays the bills.

    In craps, I would win on average 8 out of 9 times (I started by taking $800 to win $200) but you must have excellent Money Management skills. That is the key. Gamblers wust also think like bankers.

    In College Football, for 3 years running, I win 2 out of every 3 bets on average. I treat all these activities like investments. I track them very closely. I make 3 bets per week, and based on my success, increase the amounts conservatively. But I my own business that pays the bills. VERY IMPORTANT. You cannot make wise decisions if your family's food ration is on the line.

    Go contribute something to society. Then it'll be easier to get rich at the Sports Book off your bankroll. And you can have a ball earning your Blow Money at the Book. That's living!

     
    Crashdavis565
    Crashdavis565
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 15772
    Posted: Sep. 23, 2013 - 4:14 PM ET #436

    Quote Originally Posted by fabdesign:

    If "living the dream" means NOT having a real job and ONLY betting on sports, I would highly advise against that notion.

    I feel confident I could make a living at craps, but my long-term success came in an environment where I wasn't betting my rent money. Always have a job that at least pays the bills.

    In craps, I would win on average 8 out of 9 times (I started by taking $800 to win $200) but you must have excellent Money Management skills. That is the key. Gamblers wust also think like bankers.

    In College Football, for 3 years running, I win 2 out of every 3 bets on average. I treat all these activities like investments. I track them very closely. I make 3 bets per week, and based on my success, increase the amounts conservatively. But I my own business that pays the bills. VERY IMPORTANT. You cannot make wise decisions if your family's food ration is on the line.

    Go contribute something to society. Then it'll be easier to get rich at the Sports Book off your bankroll. And you can have a ball earning your Blow Money at the Book. That's living!


    People do not even understand the simplest of odds....
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by fabdesign:

    If "living the dream" means NOT having a real job and ONLY betting on sports, I would highly advise against that notion.

    I feel confident I could make a living at craps, but my long-term success came in an environment where I wasn't betting my rent money. Always have a job that at least pays the bills.

    In craps, I would win on average 8 out of 9 times (I started by taking $800 to win $200) but you must have excellent Money Management skills. That is the key. Gamblers wust also think like bankers.

    In College Football, for 3 years running, I win 2 out of every 3 bets on average. I treat all these activities like investments. I track them very closely. I make 3 bets per week, and based on my success, increase the amounts conservatively. But I my own business that pays the bills. VERY IMPORTANT. You cannot make wise decisions if your family's food ration is on the line.

    Go contribute something to society. Then it'll be easier to get rich at the Sports Book off your bankroll. And you can have a ball earning your Blow Money at the Book. That's living!


    People do not even understand the simplest of odds....
     
    golfkat
    golfkat
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 1654
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2013 - 6:56 PM ET #437

    Here is an example of the dream gone bad.  I knew this guy, he was not that bad a gambler.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYv5_WgxPo0

    Reply

    Here is an example of the dream gone bad.  I knew this guy, he was not that bad a gambler.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYv5_WgxPo0

     
    Louis_IV
    Louis_IV
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 34736
    Posted: Oct. 25, 2013 - 3:17 PM ET #438

    Quote Originally Posted by golfkat:

    Here is an example of the dream gone bad.  I knew this guy, he was not that bad a gambler.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYv5_WgxPo0


    meyer
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by golfkat:

    Here is an example of the dream gone bad.  I knew this guy, he was not that bad a gambler.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYv5_WgxPo0


    meyer
     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Oct. 26, 2013 - 11:13 AM ET #439

    Quote Originally Posted by fabdesign:

    If "living the dream" means NOT having a real job and ONLY betting on sports, I would highly advise against that notion.

    I feel confident I could make a living at craps, but my long-term success came in an environment where I wasn't betting my rent money. Always have a job that at least pays the bills.

    In craps, I would win on average 8 out of 9 times (I started by taking $800 to win $200) but you must have excellent Money Management skills. That is the key. Gamblers wust also think like bankers.

    In College Football, for 3 years running, I win 2 out of every 3 bets on average. I treat all these activities like investments. I track them very closely. I make 3 bets per week, and based on my success, increase the amounts conservatively. But I my own business that pays the bills. VERY IMPORTANT. You cannot make wise decisions if your family's food ration is on the line.

    Go contribute something to society. Then it'll be easier to get rich at the Sports Book off your bankroll. And you can have a ball earning your Blow Money at the Book. That's living!

       Think like a banker? You're talking like a tourist.At best,you're a liar or a cheat and this is your first post too.Welcome to Covers.com.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by fabdesign:

    If "living the dream" means NOT having a real job and ONLY betting on sports, I would highly advise against that notion.

    I feel confident I could make a living at craps, but my long-term success came in an environment where I wasn't betting my rent money. Always have a job that at least pays the bills.

    In craps, I would win on average 8 out of 9 times (I started by taking $800 to win $200) but you must have excellent Money Management skills. That is the key. Gamblers wust also think like bankers.

    In College Football, for 3 years running, I win 2 out of every 3 bets on average. I treat all these activities like investments. I track them very closely. I make 3 bets per week, and based on my success, increase the amounts conservatively. But I my own business that pays the bills. VERY IMPORTANT. You cannot make wise decisions if your family's food ration is on the line.

    Go contribute something to society. Then it'll be easier to get rich at the Sports Book off your bankroll. And you can have a ball earning your Blow Money at the Book. That's living!

       Think like a banker? You're talking like a tourist.At best,you're a liar or a cheat and this is your first post too.Welcome to Covers.com.
     
    phillyfranko
    phillyfranko
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 3843
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2013 - 5:03 AM ET #440

    LOve this thread..Retired since Nov 09' and have been wanting to try and live in Vegas and bet sports, craps, and horses. I have won each of the last 4 years at a local casino and online...Vegas would be awesome. I can do it.
    Reply
    LOve this thread..Retired since Nov 09' and have been wanting to try and live in Vegas and bet sports, craps, and horses. I have won each of the last 4 years at a local casino and online...Vegas would be awesome. I can do it.
     
    KennyWoo
    KennyWoo
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 2510
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2015 - 11:07 AM ET #441

    Bumping this; a bit of a companion thread to CG's 'going pro' thread with a lot of similar topics discussed.
    Reply
    Bumping this; a bit of a companion thread to CG's 'going pro' thread with a lot of similar topics discussed.
     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2015 - 5:31 PM ET #442

    When does vanzack come in and tell the people that's been doing it that they can't be doing what they have been doing.

    CollegeGambler's thread should be in Vegas Forum.

    Reply

    When does vanzack come in and tell the people that's been doing it that they can't be doing what they have been doing.

    CollegeGambler's thread should be in Vegas Forum.

     
    Hawky
    Hawky
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2014
    Posts: 3439
    Posted: Feb. 26, 2015 - 12:26 AM ET #443

    he was in here first, years ago
    Reply
    he was in here first, years ago
     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Feb. 26, 2015 - 5:39 AM ET #444

    And rereading all of this again, I can tell you I feel the same way today as I did two years ago when I called out Slim on being a fraud and a liar.

    Also Everything I wrote regarding what it would take i still stand by
    A 100,000.00 dollar bankroll and you better be damn good.
    Reply
    And rereading all of this again, I can tell you I feel the same way today as I did two years ago when I called out Slim on being a fraud and a liar.

    Also Everything I wrote regarding what it would take i still stand by
    A 100,000.00 dollar bankroll and you better be damn good.
     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Feb. 26, 2015 - 2:37 PM ET #445

    Quote Originally Posted by mafioso:

    And rereading all of this again, I can tell you I feel the same way today as I did two years ago when I called out Slim on being a fraud and a liar.

    Also Everything I wrote regarding what it would take i still stand by
    A 100,000.00 dollar bankroll and you better be damn good.
    From 1983-1991 I lived in LasVegas I never drew a paycheck and I make money betting sports and managing accounts.I started living downtown in a $55week flophouse and a bankroll of $5000. You can stand where ever you want to but I knew a hundred guys that didn't have your required standbys.Like the boys lockerroom in high school and the backrow of the various sportsbooks I use to hang all day.""Them that are talking,they don't know.Them that know,they aren't talking"" You use to work in a casino but you don't seem to know alot.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mafioso:

    And rereading all of this again, I can tell you I feel the same way today as I did two years ago when I called out Slim on being a fraud and a liar.

    Also Everything I wrote regarding what it would take i still stand by
    A 100,000.00 dollar bankroll and you better be damn good.
    From 1983-1991 I lived in LasVegas I never drew a paycheck and I make money betting sports and managing accounts.I started living downtown in a $55week flophouse and a bankroll of $5000. You can stand where ever you want to but I knew a hundred guys that didn't have your required standbys.Like the boys lockerroom in high school and the backrow of the various sportsbooks I use to hang all day.""Them that are talking,they don't know.Them that know,they aren't talking"" You use to work in a casino but you don't seem to know alot.
     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Feb. 26, 2015 - 4:07 PM ET #446

    Barona Valley Ranch Casino in San Diego NOT LAS VEGAS
    NO SPORTSBOOKS
    and yes if you want to live a meager existence like you state you did above, then be my guest.

    I figured if anyone wished to live comfortably and not have to treat every win and loss as a potential bankroll killer than they would need a 100K bankroll

    Also LESTER, easy on the shot taking bud, I UNLIKE a-lot of cowards here have actually been seen and Iv met a fair share of members from this forum.

    I too offer snide remarks towards others sometimes but unlike most of you, there is actually a name and face to me. 
    Reply
    Barona Valley Ranch Casino in San Diego NOT LAS VEGAS
    NO SPORTSBOOKS
    and yes if you want to live a meager existence like you state you did above, then be my guest.

    I figured if anyone wished to live comfortably and not have to treat every win and loss as a potential bankroll killer than they would need a 100K bankroll

    Also LESTER, easy on the shot taking bud, I UNLIKE a-lot of cowards here have actually been seen and Iv met a fair share of members from this forum.

    I too offer snide remarks towards others sometimes but unlike most of you, there is actually a name and face to me. 
     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Feb. 26, 2015 - 5:32 PM ET #447

    Quote Originally Posted by mafioso:

    Barona Valley Ranch Casino in San Diego NOT LAS VEGAS
    NO SPORTSBOOKS
    and yes if you want to live a meager existence like you state you did above, then be my guest.

    I figured if anyone wished to live comfortably and not have to treat every win and loss as a potential bankroll killer than they would need a 100K bankroll

    Also LESTER, easy on the shot taking bud, I UNLIKE a-lot of cowards here have actually been seen and Iv met a fair share of members from this forum.

    I too offer snide remarks towards others sometimes but unlike most of you, there is actually a name and face to me. 

    I  It bothers me a great deal when someone who DOESN'T know what he is talking about is doubly undoubious when he blows his hole.Like I said I knew a great deal of successful sports players who didn't have 100k or weren't damn good.

    I lived in that flophouse for 2 months then moved up to the strip for the rest of the 8 years i lived in LV. I full-filled your prediction for bankroll but that hardly had anything to do with making my living and I could have made my way with less then 100k.Again I knew a legion who were nowhere close to 100k but were living it.

    I don't know wth you are pissing about name/face/covers.I'll repeat them that talks......

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mafioso:

    Barona Valley Ranch Casino in San Diego NOT LAS VEGAS
    NO SPORTSBOOKS
    and yes if you want to live a meager existence like you state you did above, then be my guest.

    I figured if anyone wished to live comfortably and not have to treat every win and loss as a potential bankroll killer than they would need a 100K bankroll

    Also LESTER, easy on the shot taking bud, I UNLIKE a-lot of cowards here have actually been seen and Iv met a fair share of members from this forum.

    I too offer snide remarks towards others sometimes but unlike most of you, there is actually a name and face to me. 

    I  It bothers me a great deal when someone who DOESN'T know what he is talking about is doubly undoubious when he blows his hole.Like I said I knew a great deal of successful sports players who didn't have 100k or weren't damn good.

    I lived in that flophouse for 2 months then moved up to the strip for the rest of the 8 years i lived in LV. I full-filled your prediction for bankroll but that hardly had anything to do with making my living and I could have made my way with less then 100k.Again I knew a legion who were nowhere close to 100k but were living it.

    I don't know wth you are pissing about name/face/covers.I'll repeat them that talks......

     

     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Feb. 26, 2015 - 6:58 PM ET #448

    Perhaps LESTER, it is because I built my first business thru a LUCKY SPORTS BETTING YEAR, that I truly understand what the swings are, and the people you  knew werent living they were surviving, huge difference Now kindly F Off.
    Reply
    Perhaps LESTER, it is because I built my first business thru a LUCKY SPORTS BETTING YEAR, that I truly understand what the swings are, and the people you  knew werent living they were surviving, huge difference Now kindly F Off.
     
    j-walk
    j-walk
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 1746
    Posted: Feb. 27, 2015 - 2:05 PM ET #449

    Mafioso, maybe you could at least acknowledge that you are simply laying out a solid platform that people should follow when taking the pro-level plunge moving to Vegas.  I mean what you say is good advice but it's not the letter of the law.  It's not like the only people who've been successful in Vegas used the platform you laid out.  Just cause CG isn't following your 100K suggestion doesnt mean he can't make it.  Of course the odds are against him but he's there and he's going for it.  Beating this dead horse and basically telling him and everyone else that he's gonna fail because he's not following your rules.........I just don't see the point in that.
    Reply
    Mafioso, maybe you could at least acknowledge that you are simply laying out a solid platform that people should follow when taking the pro-level plunge moving to Vegas.  I mean what you say is good advice but it's not the letter of the law.  It's not like the only people who've been successful in Vegas used the platform you laid out.  Just cause CG isn't following your 100K suggestion doesnt mean he can't make it.  Of course the odds are against him but he's there and he's going for it.  Beating this dead horse and basically telling him and everyone else that he's gonna fail because he's not following your rules.........I just don't see the point in that.
     
     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Feb. 27, 2015 - 6:24 PM ET #450

    True, 
    Let me be as open and honest as I can be
    Graduated high school in 1992
    2 years of college before it drove me insane
    Culinary school 1994 to 1996
    worked at a couple of high end Italian restaurants in La Jolla CA and the gas lamp district before it became the Gaslamp District as we know it today.

    Betting since the superbowl in 1996 when the packers beat the spread vs the pats by a hook
    Won my first wager ever that super bowl
     1997 bet the NFL Playoffs and did great 

    Now the Nitty Gritty
    1998 OH HOW I STILL FEEL LIKE A CRACK HEAD CHASING THAT FIRST HIGH.
    I was Money the entire season
    Even quit my job after week 5 (HOW STUPID WAS THAT?)
    didnt have a losing week the entire season
    17 weeks 
    4 weeks of playoffs without losing, not only not losing but I MADE OVER $58,000.00 after expenses rent everything
    I WINED AND DINED like KING and all my QUEENS every night of the week.

    I started week 1 with 600 dollars

    I found a closed pizzeria in El Cajon CA
    I asked why a place like that would be closed since it was in the heart of of that city?

    I had heard bad management rude behavior towards customers ...

    I leased it 
    with all equipment there
    paid 1st month last month and double security deposit
    and I went off on an advertising campaign that cost me well over 30K the first 4 months.

    Opened up 3 more before selling them all in 2002

    in between that time 
    1999 to 2002 I got smoked losing nearly 20K a year 
    I didnt understand what happened NOW I DO

    I GOT LUCKY
    LUCKY 
    Lucky 
    lucky
    all Luck
    I learned from it I know every mistake i made along the way.
    how the hell was I sooooo stupid to bet a 500 3 team parlay for the morning games hit that bet the 3500 on a 2 teamer in the afternoon then bet it all on the sunday night game
    that is what I did in 1998 I did it twice and nailed it twice.

    When reality hit it hit me hard
    My restaurants were all a success 
    they saved me but I didnt profit a cent due to my gambling losses and my lifestyle of dining, escorts and fast cars.

    I sold all my restaurants in 1998 to a crazy Palestinian guy who at the time i felt overpaid me.
    so here i am flush with cash, and completely burnt out from the restaurant business.
    I bought a house near an area called dictionary hills in Spring Valley, stole it right before the housing boom at 180K

    and I rented it out and left the country
    traveled all over South East Asia
    Made my visa runs in Guam 
    Came back in 2004 to San Diego CA
    tenants had moved out, and I look at my cash and I need a job, still burnt from the restaurant Biz, a friend suggested dealing at Barona valley ranch.
    they had their own Blackjack dealing school and if hired you get your money back for the school.
    I jumped on it 
    After 4 years and carpel tunnel I had the itch again for the restaurant business but this time I wanted a bar too
    a sportsbar
    and thats where Iv been since
    I sold it Last year for 350K guy who bought it gave me 100K down then he failed to make payments on what was left
    Before he destroyed the business entirely I protected my investment and gave him back 50K and Iv rebuilt the damage he caused.
    If I sell again, it will be all cash.

    Point Im making is 
    I learned the hard way, and if this forum is to help with our REAL LIFE experiences then who better than a LUCKY FOOL who had that elusive year of incrediblenous then had 4 successful restaurants but didnt see a dime of profit because the fool was a fool and a fool and his money are soon parted.
    Reply
    True, 
    Let me be as open and honest as I can be
    Graduated high school in 1992
    2 years of college before it drove me insane
    Culinary school 1994 to 1996
    worked at a couple of high end Italian restaurants in La Jolla CA and the gas lamp district before it became the Gaslamp District as we know it today.

    Betting since the superbowl in 1996 when the packers beat the spread vs the pats by a hook
    Won my first wager ever that super bowl
     1997 bet the NFL Playoffs and did great 

    Now the Nitty Gritty
    1998 OH HOW I STILL FEEL LIKE A CRACK HEAD CHASING THAT FIRST HIGH.
    I was Money the entire season
    Even quit my job after week 5 (HOW STUPID WAS THAT?)
    didnt have a losing week the entire season
    17 weeks 
    4 weeks of playoffs without losing, not only not losing but I MADE OVER $58,000.00 after expenses rent everything
    I WINED AND DINED like KING and all my QUEENS every night of the week.

    I started week 1 with 600 dollars

    I found a closed pizzeria in El Cajon CA
    I asked why a place like that would be closed since it was in the heart of of that city?

    I had heard bad management rude behavior towards customers ...

    I leased it 
    with all equipment there
    paid 1st month last month and double security deposit
    and I went off on an advertising campaign that cost me well over 30K the first 4 months.

    Opened up 3 more before selling them all in 2002

    in between that time 
    1999 to 2002 I got smoked losing nearly 20K a year 
    I didnt understand what happened NOW I DO

    I GOT LUCKY
    LUCKY 
    Lucky 
    lucky
    all Luck
    I learned from it I know every mistake i made along the way.
    how the hell was I sooooo stupid to bet a 500 3 team parlay for the morning games hit that bet the 3500 on a 2 teamer in the afternoon then bet it all on the sunday night game
    that is what I did in 1998 I did it twice and nailed it twice.

    When reality hit it hit me hard
    My restaurants were all a success 
    they saved me but I didnt profit a cent due to my gambling losses and my lifestyle of dining, escorts and fast cars.

    I sold all my restaurants in 1998 to a crazy Palestinian guy who at the time i felt overpaid me.
    so here i am flush with cash, and completely burnt out from the restaurant business.
    I bought a house near an area called dictionary hills in Spring Valley, stole it right before the housing boom at 180K

    and I rented it out and left the country
    traveled all over South East Asia
    Made my visa runs in Guam 
    Came back in 2004 to San Diego CA
    tenants had moved out, and I look at my cash and I need a job, still burnt from the restaurant Biz, a friend suggested dealing at Barona valley ranch.
    they had their own Blackjack dealing school and if hired you get your money back for the school.
    I jumped on it 
    After 4 years and carpel tunnel I had the itch again for the restaurant business but this time I wanted a bar too
    a sportsbar
    and thats where Iv been since
    I sold it Last year for 350K guy who bought it gave me 100K down then he failed to make payments on what was left
    Before he destroyed the business entirely I protected my investment and gave him back 50K and Iv rebuilt the damage he caused.
    If I sell again, it will be all cash.

    Point Im making is 
    I learned the hard way, and if this forum is to help with our REAL LIFE experiences then who better than a LUCKY FOOL who had that elusive year of incrediblenous then had 4 successful restaurants but didnt see a dime of profit because the fool was a fool and a fool and his money are soon parted.
    All Forums | Las Vegas
    «First Previous 123 ... 181920 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,359
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,960
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 438
    • PART DEUX 166
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 854
    • Week 6 Money 9,031
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,855
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,470
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,793
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,275

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.