• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Las Vegas

    Minimum needed to live the dream

    «First Previous 123 ... 181920
    Beergut
    mafioso
    monstergrit
    cjm2008
    Dutch1976
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 283609
    Posts: 495
    «First Previous 123 ... 181920
     
    Beergut
    Beergut
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 85
    Posted: Mar. 15, 2016 - 2:21 AM ET #476


    I wouldn't say it went 'viral', it just got bumped in 2015. 

    Good story, mafioso.
    Reply

    I wouldn't say it went 'viral', it just got bumped in 2015. 

    Good story, mafioso.
     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Mar. 15, 2016 - 3:57 AM ET #477

    college gambler failed miserably in his endeavor 
    2200 left out of 77000 he had 

    and Slick was a fraud to begin with


    Reply
    college gambler failed miserably in his endeavor 
    2200 left out of 77000 he had 

    and Slick was a fraud to begin with


     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Mar. 15, 2016 - 3:58 AM ET #478

    Also I am not claiming I did this for a living
    I did it for one miracle of a football season
    After that I opened my own business with the money

    rather than lose it all in other sports like so many have
    Reply
    Also I am not claiming I did this for a living
    I did it for one miracle of a football season
    After that I opened my own business with the money

    rather than lose it all in other sports like so many have
     
    monstergrit
    monstergrit
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 4606
    Posted: Mar. 15, 2016 - 10:04 PM ET #479

    love this thread and will offer my own story as contribution. moved out there a few years back with 5k to try to make it. floated for 6 months before i started reaching and lost it all. hit a 250-1 prop for 25$ that floated me another 6 months before i had to get a job. after a total of 1.75 years i was flat broke, with only my car to my name, sold my plasma for gas money and bounced.
    it was an exciting time, but way too much time in front of computers and tvs alone. knew my roll was too low to make it but i had no job or place to stay at the time so i took my half assed shot. 
    Vegas is a fun city and has a nice mix of outdoor and nightlife stuff to do with cheap rent and booze to boot. Would recomend living there, but as far as the dream goes as many have stated before youre gonna need 6 figures a solid grasp on the sports youre wagering on and a steady head. 
    would never tell someone to not live out their dream, but this dream as you call it is very easily turned into a nightmare if youre not careful. honestly just happy im alive and healthy to tell my tale. bol folks
    Reply
    love this thread and will offer my own story as contribution. moved out there a few years back with 5k to try to make it. floated for 6 months before i started reaching and lost it all. hit a 250-1 prop for 25$ that floated me another 6 months before i had to get a job. after a total of 1.75 years i was flat broke, with only my car to my name, sold my plasma for gas money and bounced.
    it was an exciting time, but way too much time in front of computers and tvs alone. knew my roll was too low to make it but i had no job or place to stay at the time so i took my half assed shot. 
    Vegas is a fun city and has a nice mix of outdoor and nightlife stuff to do with cheap rent and booze to boot. Would recomend living there, but as far as the dream goes as many have stated before youre gonna need 6 figures a solid grasp on the sports youre wagering on and a steady head. 
    would never tell someone to not live out their dream, but this dream as you call it is very easily turned into a nightmare if youre not careful. honestly just happy im alive and healthy to tell my tale. bol folks
     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Mar. 16, 2016 - 2:06 AM ET #480

    Quote Originally Posted by monstergrit:

    love this thread and will offer my own story as contribution. moved out there a few years back with 5k to try to make it. floated for 6 months before i started reaching and lost it all. hit a 250-1 prop for 25$ that floated me another 6 months before i had to get a job. after a total of 1.75 years i was flat broke, with only my car to my name, sold my plasma for gas money and bounced.it was an exciting time, but way too much time in front of computers and tvs alone. knew my roll was too low to make it but i had no job or place to stay at the time so i took my half assed shot. Vegas is a fun city and has a nice mix of outdoor and nightlife stuff to do with cheap rent and booze to boot. Would recomend living there, but as far as the dream goes as many have stated before youre gonna need 6 figures a solid grasp on the sports youre wagering on and a steady head. would never tell someone to not live out their dream, but this dream as you call it is very easily turned into a nightmare if youre not careful. honestly just happy im alive and healthy to tell my tale. bol folks

    You did great considering how underbankrolled you were.
    Actually you were phenomenal
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by monstergrit:

    love this thread and will offer my own story as contribution. moved out there a few years back with 5k to try to make it. floated for 6 months before i started reaching and lost it all. hit a 250-1 prop for 25$ that floated me another 6 months before i had to get a job. after a total of 1.75 years i was flat broke, with only my car to my name, sold my plasma for gas money and bounced.it was an exciting time, but way too much time in front of computers and tvs alone. knew my roll was too low to make it but i had no job or place to stay at the time so i took my half assed shot. Vegas is a fun city and has a nice mix of outdoor and nightlife stuff to do with cheap rent and booze to boot. Would recomend living there, but as far as the dream goes as many have stated before youre gonna need 6 figures a solid grasp on the sports youre wagering on and a steady head. would never tell someone to not live out their dream, but this dream as you call it is very easily turned into a nightmare if youre not careful. honestly just happy im alive and healthy to tell my tale. bol folks

    You did great considering how underbankrolled you were.
    Actually you were phenomenal
     
    monstergrit
    monstergrit
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 4606
    Posted: Mar. 16, 2016 - 10:59 PM ET #481

    thx maf. bugs me cause i still wonder what if...just like i did before, but its not a healthy life if youre not truly set up for it. helped alot that i brought my own booze with me wherever i went or played .25 cent blackjack at the bar and lived cheap otherwise. pretty sure i drank half a fifth of bullet for a dollar one night. proly the best deal in vegas if you tip decent and play relatively slow
    Reply
    thx maf. bugs me cause i still wonder what if...just like i did before, but its not a healthy life if youre not truly set up for it. helped alot that i brought my own booze with me wherever i went or played .25 cent blackjack at the bar and lived cheap otherwise. pretty sure i drank half a fifth of bullet for a dollar one night. proly the best deal in vegas if you tip decent and play relatively slow
     
    cjm2008
    cjm2008
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 22012
    Posted: May. 8, 2016 - 9:00 PM ET #482

    Quote Originally Posted by TDHPlays:

    I don't want to say too much, but I will be returning to LV before the NFL season starts.  Am retired, have a secure pension from NV and SSA, almost at 50K per year based upon my work and my deceased wife's tenure as a teacher.  Moreover, before going in a few weeks, I secured a part time job at $5k per year for 3 months work, as I don't want to work too much at my age.  I lived in LV for over 14 years during my earning years and it was very good to me and my wife as employees, but not gamblers.  Unfortunately, she died there of cancer at an early age.  Of course, that was in the late 80's and early 90's before all the minorities moved in.
    With a retirement investment account which I could live on until I'm a 100 without any pension, I think it is time to try to go back and have some fun with minimal football bets.  I think this is the only way you can survive there.  Any other way, I would advise against trying to make it.  When I lived there, so many of my friends were in bankruptcy court.  So many tried to live the dream, but they ended up broke.
    .

      Would love to hear how this story has played out 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TDHPlays:

    I don't want to say too much, but I will be returning to LV before the NFL season starts.  Am retired, have a secure pension from NV and SSA, almost at 50K per year based upon my work and my deceased wife's tenure as a teacher.  Moreover, before going in a few weeks, I secured a part time job at $5k per year for 3 months work, as I don't want to work too much at my age.  I lived in LV for over 14 years during my earning years and it was very good to me and my wife as employees, but not gamblers.  Unfortunately, she died there of cancer at an early age.  Of course, that was in the late 80's and early 90's before all the minorities moved in.
    With a retirement investment account which I could live on until I'm a 100 without any pension, I think it is time to try to go back and have some fun with minimal football bets.  I think this is the only way you can survive there.  Any other way, I would advise against trying to make it.  When I lived there, so many of my friends were in bankruptcy court.  So many tried to live the dream, but they ended up broke.
    .

      Would love to hear how this story has played out 
     
    Dutch1976
    Dutch1976
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 1934
    Posted: May. 9, 2016 - 1:21 PM ET #483

    You don't need anywhere near six figures if you're not too proud to work a shiit job and live in a shiit apt.... If a man's not married, has no kids, isn't a degenerate fuk up, isn't a junkie in any way..... Why wouldn't he be living in Vegas? Seriously.
    Reply
    You don't need anywhere near six figures if you're not too proud to work a shiit job and live in a shiit apt.... If a man's not married, has no kids, isn't a degenerate fuk up, isn't a junkie in any way..... Why wouldn't he be living in Vegas? Seriously.
     
    monstergrit
    monstergrit
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 4606
    Posted: May. 10, 2016 - 8:06 PM ET #484

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch1976:

    You don't need anywhere near six figures if you're not too proud to work a shiit job and live in a shiit apt.... If a man's not married, has no kids, isn't a degenerate fuk up, isn't a junkie in any way..... Why wouldn't he be living in Vegas? Seriously.
    you sure can live on a low budget out there as rent is cheap and food and booze can be cheap if you do things right...that said doing things right can get pretty old after a while. not a terrible place to live and id take it over any midwest state for sure
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch1976:

    You don't need anywhere near six figures if you're not too proud to work a shiit job and live in a shiit apt.... If a man's not married, has no kids, isn't a degenerate fuk up, isn't a junkie in any way..... Why wouldn't he be living in Vegas? Seriously.
    you sure can live on a low budget out there as rent is cheap and food and booze can be cheap if you do things right...that said doing things right can get pretty old after a while. not a terrible place to live and id take it over any midwest state for sure
     
    Genious69
    Genious69
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2016
    Posts: 1
    Posted: Aug. 25, 2016 - 3:45 AM ET #485

    you need 210k to live the dream.  10k to get out there and set up (i.e. trips to reno to load cash onto the atlantis and peppermill apps, rent apt, etc, drive across country) and 200 to bet with....be there soon boys...
    Reply
    you need 210k to live the dream.  10k to get out there and set up (i.e. trips to reno to load cash onto the atlantis and peppermill apps, rent apt, etc, drive across country) and 200 to bet with....be there soon boys...
     
    smurph_daddy
    smurph_daddy
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2015
    Posts: 432
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 11:50 PM ET #486

    Quote Originally Posted by mafioso:

    And god forbid the person who trys this has other vices

    drugs, alcahol, other games of chance that they arent so good at or the odds are completely stacked in there favor.


    oh boy. yup im out
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mafioso:

    And god forbid the person who trys this has other vices

    drugs, alcahol, other games of chance that they arent so good at or the odds are completely stacked in there favor.


    oh boy. yup im out
     
    Beergut
    Beergut
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 85
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2017 - 4:57 AM ET #487

    Nice to see that this thread is still around 
    Reply
    Nice to see that this thread is still around 
     
    davemsh
    davemsh
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2014
    Posts: 45781
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2017 - 7:21 PM ET #488

    Those who say "Move to Vegas to live the Dream" is probably going off the emotion and memories of their awesome vacation they experienced in Vegas.   It's no vacation when you live there. You can't get caught up in the drinking..partying...hanging out in the casino when you live there like you do when you are on vacation for 3-4 days. Its fantasy and not reality and if you do that while you live there, Vegas will eat you up and spit you out.  Too much vices in that city and 90% of us can't live there. It get's old fast. Its just like every other city when you take the strip out.  
    Mayweather bet 450000 on
    Reply
    Those who say "Move to Vegas to live the Dream" is probably going off the emotion and memories of their awesome vacation they experienced in Vegas.   It's no vacation when you live there. You can't get caught up in the drinking..partying...hanging out in the casino when you live there like you do when you are on vacation for 3-4 days. Its fantasy and not reality and if you do that while you live there, Vegas will eat you up and spit you out.  Too much vices in that city and 90% of us can't live there. It get's old fast. Its just like every other city when you take the strip out.  
     
    desertspade
    desertspade
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2016
    Posts: 416
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2017 - 12:00 AM ET #489

    Vegas is actually a real sh*th0le. The Strip is mostly expensive as hell and brimming with some very idiotic tourists. It can be good for picking up ladies if you're into that but you also have to wade through a bunch of gold diggers and lurking escorts. Go off of the Strip and you're either in a relatively seedy area or somewhere with planned neighborhoods/gated communities basically. A good portion of the people that do live here are stuck or just want to get out it seems. Not to mention, it's very uneducated. There are some perks in that everything is pretty much open 24/7, there are some really good spots to eat, housing is cheap, and there isn't any state income tax etc. etc.

    Then we can get to the subject of sports betting. I personally think it's nearly impossible to make much of a living doing so out here (under the table) unless you are willing to drive all around town to place bets at different places or have runners. Keep in mind though, books with the same parent company will track you so if you personally make multiple same bets at those casinos in a day, you need to space it out a good bit- or else be prepared to provide ID and SSN when cashing. Books don't like structuring and they can see it from a mile away with their systems and cameras.

    My personal advice: move to Mexico, open an account with Pinny, enjoy cheap living, good food, good weather, better women, avoid stress, avoid taxes, avoid crime (yes- depending on the place, Mexico is very safe).

    Vegas is good for 6 months or as a 2nd residence, if that's a possibility for you. That's really about it. 
    Reply
    Vegas is actually a real sh*th0le. The Strip is mostly expensive as hell and brimming with some very idiotic tourists. It can be good for picking up ladies if you're into that but you also have to wade through a bunch of gold diggers and lurking escorts. Go off of the Strip and you're either in a relatively seedy area or somewhere with planned neighborhoods/gated communities basically. A good portion of the people that do live here are stuck or just want to get out it seems. Not to mention, it's very uneducated. There are some perks in that everything is pretty much open 24/7, there are some really good spots to eat, housing is cheap, and there isn't any state income tax etc. etc.

    Then we can get to the subject of sports betting. I personally think it's nearly impossible to make much of a living doing so out here (under the table) unless you are willing to drive all around town to place bets at different places or have runners. Keep in mind though, books with the same parent company will track you so if you personally make multiple same bets at those casinos in a day, you need to space it out a good bit- or else be prepared to provide ID and SSN when cashing. Books don't like structuring and they can see it from a mile away with their systems and cameras.

    My personal advice: move to Mexico, open an account with Pinny, enjoy cheap living, good food, good weather, better women, avoid stress, avoid taxes, avoid crime (yes- depending on the place, Mexico is very safe).

    Vegas is good for 6 months or as a 2nd residence, if that's a possibility for you. That's really about it. 
     
    desertspade
    desertspade
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2016
    Posts: 416
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2017 - 3:20 AM ET #490

    Nevermind Mexico... I've been reading up on FATCA. Shell company anyone? lol
    Reply
    Nevermind Mexico... I've been reading up on FATCA. Shell company anyone? lol
     
    VegasConvo
    VegasConvo
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2017
    Posts: 7
    Posted: May. 29, 2017 - 3:20 AM ET #491

    I would never live in the bad part of Vegas, it seems to be very dangerous. 

    I would live in a high rise near the strip. 
    Reply
    I would never live in the bad part of Vegas, it seems to be very dangerous. 

    I would live in a high rise near the strip. 
     
    Beergut
    Beergut
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 85
    Posted: Mar. 24, 2018 - 1:32 AM ET #492

    Quote Originally Posted by cjm2008:

    QUOTE Originally Posted by TDHPlays: I don't want to say too much, but I will be returning to LV before the NFL season starts.  Am retired, have a secure pension from NV and SSA, almost at 50K per year based upon my work and my deceased wife's tenure as a teacher.  Moreover, before going in a few weeks, I secured a part time job at $5k per year for 3 months work, as I don't want to work too much at my age.  I lived in LV for over 14 years during my earning years and it was very good to me and my wife as employees, but not gamblers.  Unfortunately, she died there of cancer at an early age.  Of course, that was in the late 80's and early 90's before all the minorities moved in.With a retirement investment account which I could live on until I'm a 100 without any pension, I think it is time to try to go back and have some fun with minimal football bets.  I think this is the only way you can survive there.  Any other way, I would advise against trying to make it.  When I lived there, so many of my friends were in bankruptcy court.  So many tried to live the dream, but they ended up broke. .  Would love to hear how this story has played out

     

    I am curious how this one worked out.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by cjm2008:

    QUOTE Originally Posted by TDHPlays: I don't want to say too much, but I will be returning to LV before the NFL season starts.  Am retired, have a secure pension from NV and SSA, almost at 50K per year based upon my work and my deceased wife's tenure as a teacher.  Moreover, before going in a few weeks, I secured a part time job at $5k per year for 3 months work, as I don't want to work too much at my age.  I lived in LV for over 14 years during my earning years and it was very good to me and my wife as employees, but not gamblers.  Unfortunately, she died there of cancer at an early age.  Of course, that was in the late 80's and early 90's before all the minorities moved in.With a retirement investment account which I could live on until I'm a 100 without any pension, I think it is time to try to go back and have some fun with minimal football bets.  I think this is the only way you can survive there.  Any other way, I would advise against trying to make it.  When I lived there, so many of my friends were in bankruptcy court.  So many tried to live the dream, but they ended up broke. .  Would love to hear how this story has played out

     

    I am curious how this one worked out.

     
    BIGfnPOO
    BIGfnPOO
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2006
    Posts: 18880
    Posted: Apr. 26, 2018 - 6:50 PM ET #493

    600 AND A PAIR OF BALLS
    bigFnPOO
    Reply
    600 AND A PAIR OF BALLS
     
    TDHPlays
    TDHPlays
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 13
    Posted: Aug. 12, 2018 - 10:26 PM ET #494

    Quote Originally Posted by Beergut:

     

    I am curious how this one worked out.


    It worked out quite well.  I did get a job part time with the state which helped my fixed income to the level of about 70k per year with my pensions.  That said, I guess I have financial security and several days per week to go hiking and travel around the area which is great.  I have never gone to the Strip except once when a girl and I had a drink for $32.  So nobody here goes to the Strip, but when we bet we use betting apps.  I bet very few games, mostly college football, some NFL, and Canadian Football.  This is mostly for fun, but I am 3-0 with the CFL up $1500 ($500 per bet).  I think more money can be made with the stock market.  Bought a home which is going up about 5000 per month.  Check Zillow, if this continues I will sell out like I did with my home in Florida when it when it up 350%.  Who the hell wouldn't take the profit.  I can always go back to Texas, though I hate to leave this area since California, Arizona (my favorite) and Utah are so close.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Beergut:

     

    I am curious how this one worked out.


    It worked out quite well.  I did get a job part time with the state which helped my fixed income to the level of about 70k per year with my pensions.  That said, I guess I have financial security and several days per week to go hiking and travel around the area which is great.  I have never gone to the Strip except once when a girl and I had a drink for $32.  So nobody here goes to the Strip, but when we bet we use betting apps.  I bet very few games, mostly college football, some NFL, and Canadian Football.  This is mostly for fun, but I am 3-0 with the CFL up $1500 ($500 per bet).  I think more money can be made with the stock market.  Bought a home which is going up about 5000 per month.  Check Zillow, if this continues I will sell out like I did with my home in Florida when it when it up 350%.  Who the hell wouldn't take the profit.  I can always go back to Texas, though I hate to leave this area since California, Arizona (my favorite) and Utah are so close.
     
     
    cjm2008
    cjm2008
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 22012
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2018 - 2:41 PM ET #495

    Quote Originally Posted by TDHPlays:

    Quote Originally Posted by Beergut:

      I am curious how this one worked out.
    It worked out quite well.  I did get a job part time with the state which helped my fixed income to the level of about 70k per year with my pensions.  That said, I guess I have financial security and several days per week to go hiking and travel around the area which is great.  I have never gone to the Strip except once when a girl and I had a drink for $32.  So nobody here goes to the Strip, but when we bet we use betting apps.  I bet very few games, mostly college football, some NFL, and Canadian Football.  This is mostly for fun, but I am 3-0 with the CFL up $1500 ($500 per bet).  I think more money can be made with the stock market.  Bought a home which is going up about 5000 per month.  Check Zillow, if this continues I will sell out like I did with my home in Florida when it when it up 350%.  Who the hell wouldn't take the profit.  I can always go back to Texas, though I hate to leave this area since California, Arizona (my favorite) and Utah are so close.
     

    Thanks for the update. Glad everything went well for you. I think the big difference for you as opposed to so many others is that you were retired and lived well within your means by picking and choosing when to play.  Most of these young guns who tried this get involved with broads, whiskey and drugs aka College Gambler and are a train wreck sooner or later. Vegas is a place that will eat you alive if you are not wise. an_cheers

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by TDHPlays:

    Quote Originally Posted by Beergut:

      I am curious how this one worked out.
    It worked out quite well.  I did get a job part time with the state which helped my fixed income to the level of about 70k per year with my pensions.  That said, I guess I have financial security and several days per week to go hiking and travel around the area which is great.  I have never gone to the Strip except once when a girl and I had a drink for $32.  So nobody here goes to the Strip, but when we bet we use betting apps.  I bet very few games, mostly college football, some NFL, and Canadian Football.  This is mostly for fun, but I am 3-0 with the CFL up $1500 ($500 per bet).  I think more money can be made with the stock market.  Bought a home which is going up about 5000 per month.  Check Zillow, if this continues I will sell out like I did with my home in Florida when it when it up 350%.  Who the hell wouldn't take the profit.  I can always go back to Texas, though I hate to leave this area since California, Arizona (my favorite) and Utah are so close.
     

    Thanks for the update. Glad everything went well for you. I think the big difference for you as opposed to so many others is that you were retired and lived well within your means by picking and choosing when to play.  Most of these young guns who tried this get involved with broads, whiskey and drugs aka College Gambler and are a train wreck sooner or later. Vegas is a place that will eat you alive if you are not wise. an_cheers

    All Forums | Las Vegas
    «First Previous 123 ... 181920

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,359
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,960
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 438
    • PART DEUX 166
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 854
    • Week 6 Money 9,031
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,855
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,470
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,793
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,275

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.