• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Las Vegas

    Minimum needed to live the dream

    «First Previous 111213 ... 181920 Next Last»
    bikemcr
    dilaudid8
    six5juice
    Plisskin76
    Pendo
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 283609
    Posts: 495
    «First Previous 111213 ... 181920 Next Last»
     
    bikemcr
    bikemcr
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2011
    Posts: 861
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2012 - 1:33 PM ET #251

    Quote Originally Posted by gratefulbets:

    After reading through all of these posts, I can't understand those that say just stay in your home town and bet online.
    Where can you bet online from the USA? Over the past 7 years I have been excluded from Pinny and all of the other good off shore books. I am now stuck with BetUS for the past 2 years and they have 20 cent baseball lines which is horrible. Unless you have a foreign address, the best option is Nevada. Am I missing something here?
    SBG Global and 5 Dimes have dime lines for baseball and take US players . There are probably others .
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by gratefulbets:

    After reading through all of these posts, I can't understand those that say just stay in your home town and bet online.
    Where can you bet online from the USA? Over the past 7 years I have been excluded from Pinny and all of the other good off shore books. I am now stuck with BetUS for the past 2 years and they have 20 cent baseball lines which is horrible. Unless you have a foreign address, the best option is Nevada. Am I missing something here?
    SBG Global and 5 Dimes have dime lines for baseball and take US players . There are probably others .
     
    dilaudid8
    dilaudid8
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 7834
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2012 - 7:12 PM ET #252

    565 is 100 percent right just a few in the world can make a living at doing this 99,99 percent don't make it but gl trying
    Dilaudid8
    Reply
    565 is 100 percent right just a few in the world can make a living at doing this 99,99 percent don't make it but gl trying
     
    six5juice
    six5juice
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 642
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2012 - 8:33 PM ET #253

    Just work for a living...this should be just side money. It seems like people can make $ in a part time way. If not, go work at a sports book in Vegas! Win-Win...get paid, can be around this type of environment, and it's all legal.
    Reply
    Just work for a living...this should be just side money. It seems like people can make $ in a part time way. If not, go work at a sports book in Vegas! Win-Win...get paid, can be around this type of environment, and it's all legal.
     
    Plisskin76
    Plisskin76
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 3165
    Posted: Dec. 23, 2012 - 3:10 AM ET #254

    slim where u at? I'm in vegas also.
    Reply
    slim where u at? I'm in vegas also.
     
    Plisskin76
    Plisskin76
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 3165
    Posted: Dec. 23, 2012 - 3:11 AM ET #255

    2 months,no slim sightings,slimmmmmmmmmmmmm

    hope your not sleeping in the wash tunnels.

    Reply

    2 months,no slim sightings,slimmmmmmmmmmmmm

    hope your not sleeping in the wash tunnels.

     
    Pendo
    Pendo
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 3644
    Posted: Dec. 24, 2012 - 6:12 AM ET #256

    Work for enough to make ends meet, then gamble what's left over. When sports investing is NOT your means of living, rather just side money, you feel likeyou win more often, so you do win more often within your Flow.

    When you win more often you won't end up an angry loser type,
    like some taco-puss all grouch-faced.

    Less Grinchesque Christmas and New Years will be yours instead.

    Reply
    Work for enough to make ends meet, then gamble what's left over. When sports investing is NOT your means of living, rather just side money, you feel likeyou win more often, so you do win more often within your Flow.

    When you win more often you won't end up an angry loser type,
    like some taco-puss all grouch-faced.

    Less Grinchesque Christmas and New Years will be yours instead.

     
    Pendo
    Pendo
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 3644
    Posted: Dec. 24, 2012 - 6:19 AM ET #257




    Slim, U @ Mirage tonight?  Rudy wants te buy yez a drink...
    Reply



    Slim, U @ Mirage tonight?  Rudy wants te buy yez a drink...
     
    Phodacbiet
    Phodacbiet
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2005
    Posts: 6855
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2012 - 5:49 AM ET #258

    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdavis565:

    I have thought about your post a lot. I had some decent success at poker and black jack in my day. I have never gotten over the sports betting hurdle. It owns me.
    I would have liked to try to make it at Poker but earn to good of living at what I do to risk it and have the infamous fear of failure.
    I recently took a big financial risk and it is panning out for me. I hesitated to do it for years because of my fear of failure but finally, with encouragement from my wife, did it and have never been happier .
    I wish you the best, I truly do, go for it, have fun and just do it!
    Some words of advice.
    1) You must only play games that you have a statistical advantage over- Poker, Sports Betting, BJ ( and knowing how to count) and Horse Racing ( if you are a hell of a capper) You cannot and will not win at slot, Craps, roulette etc over the long haul.

    https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/8408-cake-poker-buys-t-j-cloutier-s-bracelet-off-ebay

    2) You must be a master of the games you choose to play. If you play successful poker, you must never be the sucker. If you do not know what I mean, get out now.  I read 20 books on poker, read the forums over hands, learned to figure my odds and tried ( and succeeded sometimes) not to tilt. It must be your job, not your recreation. You will be playing for 1-3 bets an hour, that is it.  As I had success at poker, I moved up tables, starting from the small stakes games and getting to the large. You realize this in a hurry, there are no fish at a $20-$40 table, those players are there because they are quite good. Sometimes, you will feel like they can see your cards.
    You should feel like you can see the cards of the other players at the low stakes games. 

    3) If you plan to bet sports all day everyday then you need a unit system to wager on. Usually 2-4% or so of your total bankroll. Do not deviate from it, that is the road to ruin. You need to have a capping angle that no one else has. When you get it, do not share it, keep it for your own. This will be your advantage. I have tried dozens and all have failed. I will keep trying and have some this year for the NFL, I am very interested in.
    4) You must learn to watch sports impassionately, objectively. It is about the money, not your team. I bet against the Rockies, far more than I bet on them, as they are terrible overvalued this year (still)
    5) Look for friends that are winners. Surround yourself with positive energy, do not get in with those that are always chasing down, looking to get a loan etc. That is another thing, do not loan or borrow money. This is your job. Keep it to yourself.
    6) Shop and get the best lines, I cannot emphasize this enough, the juice is what kills you over time. 5dimes is solid and will pay for now better than a book.

    Let us all tail you! It will be a blast for me and the rest of the covers community. I am jealous and would love to live vicariously through you. Best of luck, knock em dead!
    This "Holy Grail" system does exist. And I have it. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdavis565:

    I have thought about your post a lot. I had some decent success at poker and black jack in my day. I have never gotten over the sports betting hurdle. It owns me.
    I would have liked to try to make it at Poker but earn to good of living at what I do to risk it and have the infamous fear of failure.
    I recently took a big financial risk and it is panning out for me. I hesitated to do it for years because of my fear of failure but finally, with encouragement from my wife, did it and have never been happier .
    I wish you the best, I truly do, go for it, have fun and just do it!
    Some words of advice.
    1) You must only play games that you have a statistical advantage over- Poker, Sports Betting, BJ ( and knowing how to count) and Horse Racing ( if you are a hell of a capper) You cannot and will not win at slot, Craps, roulette etc over the long haul.

    https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/8408-cake-poker-buys-t-j-cloutier-s-bracelet-off-ebay

    2) You must be a master of the games you choose to play. If you play successful poker, you must never be the sucker. If you do not know what I mean, get out now.  I read 20 books on poker, read the forums over hands, learned to figure my odds and tried ( and succeeded sometimes) not to tilt. It must be your job, not your recreation. You will be playing for 1-3 bets an hour, that is it.  As I had success at poker, I moved up tables, starting from the small stakes games and getting to the large. You realize this in a hurry, there are no fish at a $20-$40 table, those players are there because they are quite good. Sometimes, you will feel like they can see your cards.
    You should feel like you can see the cards of the other players at the low stakes games. 

    3) If you plan to bet sports all day everyday then you need a unit system to wager on. Usually 2-4% or so of your total bankroll. Do not deviate from it, that is the road to ruin. You need to have a capping angle that no one else has. When you get it, do not share it, keep it for your own. This will be your advantage. I have tried dozens and all have failed. I will keep trying and have some this year for the NFL, I am very interested in.
    4) You must learn to watch sports impassionately, objectively. It is about the money, not your team. I bet against the Rockies, far more than I bet on them, as they are terrible overvalued this year (still)
    5) Look for friends that are winners. Surround yourself with positive energy, do not get in with those that are always chasing down, looking to get a loan etc. That is another thing, do not loan or borrow money. This is your job. Keep it to yourself.
    6) Shop and get the best lines, I cannot emphasize this enough, the juice is what kills you over time. 5dimes is solid and will pay for now better than a book.

    Let us all tail you! It will be a blast for me and the rest of the covers community. I am jealous and would love to live vicariously through you. Best of luck, knock em dead!
    This "Holy Grail" system does exist. And I have it. 
     
    Phodacbiet
    Phodacbiet
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2005
    Posts: 6855
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2012 - 6:09 AM ET #259

    Living in Vegas and gamble for a living is a shallow dream. You will be lonely and bore to death.  This is a better dream:

    1. find a sport betting system, it does exist. I can't tell you but it's there. 
    2.play 2-4% bank roll each play. 55% sure return each day. 

    2.find a good wife (non materialistic and make-up free type)
    3.start a small business, involve the wife.
    4.have some kids
    5.vacation 4-5 times a year. 
    6.Life is now beautiful. Enjoy

     I did all that within 5 years. Finding a good wife part is hella hard (even that i needed a system). hahaha


    Reply
    Living in Vegas and gamble for a living is a shallow dream. You will be lonely and bore to death.  This is a better dream:

    1. find a sport betting system, it does exist. I can't tell you but it's there. 
    2.play 2-4% bank roll each play. 55% sure return each day. 

    2.find a good wife (non materialistic and make-up free type)
    3.start a small business, involve the wife.
    4.have some kids
    5.vacation 4-5 times a year. 
    6.Life is now beautiful. Enjoy

     I did all that within 5 years. Finding a good wife part is hella hard (even that i needed a system). hahaha


     
    newyorkslim
    newyorkslim
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 235
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2012 - 1:40 PM ET #260

    Hey guys,,..finally got intent-net access... Signal gets lost a lot  from under the bridge I am currently living under,...(I am using my street buddy Cue Ball's  new IPHONE now..)...doing great,.a bit cold at night, but me and the guys usually make a fire, swig 40's and smoke crack to keep warm. 

    I sit at a downtown intersection during the day with a sign that say's , "to hell with the food, I need a beer"..works great, because its like I am being honest or something?




    Really....still having fun...not going crazy with me bets. Its funny, gambling has always been good to me..I remember times when I actually needed money and I won when I needed too. I really don't need money know so I been giving a little back to the gambling gods. 

    I agree with the guy that said get a wife and have a kid, and maybe start a business...I am looking at the business aspect right now...but until then, just working out and betting games! 

    Could be worse! 
    Reply
    Hey guys,,..finally got intent-net access... Signal gets lost a lot  from under the bridge I am currently living under,...(I am using my street buddy Cue Ball's  new IPHONE now..)...doing great,.a bit cold at night, but me and the guys usually make a fire, swig 40's and smoke crack to keep warm. 

    I sit at a downtown intersection during the day with a sign that say's , "to hell with the food, I need a beer"..works great, because its like I am being honest or something?




    Really....still having fun...not going crazy with me bets. Its funny, gambling has always been good to me..I remember times when I actually needed money and I won when I needed too. I really don't need money know so I been giving a little back to the gambling gods. 

    I agree with the guy that said get a wife and have a kid, and maybe start a business...I am looking at the business aspect right now...but until then, just working out and betting games! 

    Could be worse! 
     
    Michfan15
    Michfan15
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 11316
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2012 - 2:47 AM ET #261

    lets hear some figures
    Reply
    lets hear some figures
     
    six5juice
    six5juice
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 642
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2012 - 4:23 AM ET #262

    Hope you are making 


    Reply
    Hope you are making 


     
    DHass22
    DHass22
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 580
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2012 - 5:50 AM ET #263

    Quote Originally Posted by Phodacbiet:

    Living in Vegas and gamble for a living is a shallow dream. You will be lonely and bore to death.  This is a better dream:

    1. find a sport betting system, it does exist. I can't tell you but it's there. 
    2.play 2-4% bank roll each play. 55% sure return each day. 

    2.find a good wife (non materialistic and make-up free type)
    3.start a small business, involve the wife.
    4.have some kids
    5.vacation 4-5 times a year. 
    6.Life is now beautiful. Enjoy

     I did all that within 5 years. Finding a good wife part is hella hard (even that i needed a system). hahaha


    Are you in Vegas?  Would love to sit down & compare systems.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Phodacbiet:

    Living in Vegas and gamble for a living is a shallow dream. You will be lonely and bore to death.  This is a better dream:

    1. find a sport betting system, it does exist. I can't tell you but it's there. 
    2.play 2-4% bank roll each play. 55% sure return each day. 

    2.find a good wife (non materialistic and make-up free type)
    3.start a small business, involve the wife.
    4.have some kids
    5.vacation 4-5 times a year. 
    6.Life is now beautiful. Enjoy

     I did all that within 5 years. Finding a good wife part is hella hard (even that i needed a system). hahaha


    Are you in Vegas?  Would love to sit down & compare systems.
     
    Plisskin76
    Plisskin76
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 3165
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2012 - 10:08 PM ET #264

    ha,there you are.wife and kids are overrated.
    Reply
    ha,there you are.wife and kids are overrated.
     
    lewsparks1977
    lewsparks1977
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2012
    Posts: 815
    Posted: Jan. 1, 2013 - 12:12 AM ET #265

    Im going to live the dream in Mesquite, being that it's only three hours from my home now, doesn't have to be Vegas
    Reply
    Im going to live the dream in Mesquite, being that it's only three hours from my home now, doesn't have to be Vegas
     
    kram2292
    kram2292
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 221
    Posted: Jan. 16, 2013 - 9:58 PM ET #266

    Quote Originally Posted by renorunner2:

    honestly I think anyone who uses any of these lame covers avatars are just lazy of dumb, just sayin...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by renorunner2:

    honestly I think anyone who uses any of these lame covers avatars are just lazy of dumb, just sayin...
     
    mlgneo
    mlgneo
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2012
    Posts: 296
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2013 - 2:07 PM ET #267

    interesting
    Reply
    interesting
     
    mrbuddasac
    mrbuddasac
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 41
    Posted: Jan. 23, 2013 - 5:20 PM ET #268

    I just don't get it, if you can use online sportsbooks, what benefit is there in moving to Vegas, unless you are on the strip the town if full of cons and degenerates, I armchair gamble by the pool using 5 different sportsbooks  and I don't even think about heading to Vegas.
    Reply
    I just don't get it, if you can use online sportsbooks, what benefit is there in moving to Vegas, unless you are on the strip the town if full of cons and degenerates, I armchair gamble by the pool using 5 different sportsbooks  and I don't even think about heading to Vegas.
     
    m57
    m57
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 213
    Posted: Jan. 24, 2013 - 9:56 AM ET #269

    I can't be the only one who thinks this lifestyle sounds like a nightmare, and not a dream....
    Reply
    I can't be the only one who thinks this lifestyle sounds like a nightmare, and not a dream....
     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Jan. 24, 2013 - 4:28 PM ET #270

    Vegas-pays you cash 5 minutes after final-has at least 10/20 different sites and lines- doesn't require you to f%&# with WU,credit card,paycard,bankwire, or fedex as you send your money money to Juan in PuertoRico/Singapore-hotelbook hasn't dealt me a sucker line or closed down in the middle of the night-book has never refused to pay a bet that I have placed/funded-vegas has never refused my bet or limited my action to any amount less then maximum-vegas has never refused to pay me all the amount of any bet I won. Vegas has never told me you can't bet here anymore.
     
    ^^^ Online Bullshot and More.
    Reply
    Vegas-pays you cash 5 minutes after final-has at least 10/20 different sites and lines- doesn't require you to f%&# with WU,credit card,paycard,bankwire, or fedex as you send your money money to Juan in PuertoRico/Singapore-hotelbook hasn't dealt me a sucker line or closed down in the middle of the night-book has never refused to pay a bet that I have placed/funded-vegas has never refused my bet or limited my action to any amount less then maximum-vegas has never refused to pay me all the amount of any bet I won. Vegas has never told me you can't bet here anymore.
     
    ^^^ Online Bullshot and More.
     
    mbialowas
    mbialowas
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 4681
    Posted: Jan. 24, 2013 - 10:24 PM ET #271

    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    Vegas-pays you cash 5 minutes after final-has at least 10/20 different sites and lines- doesn't require you to f%&# with WU,credit card,paycard,bankwire, or fedex as you send your money money to Juan in PuertoRico/Singapore-hotelbook hasn't dealt me a sucker line or closed down in the middle of the night-book has never refused to pay a bet that I have placed/funded-vegas has never refused my bet or limited my action to any amount less then maximum-vegas has never refused to pay me all the amount of any bet I won. Vegas has never told me you can't bet here anymore.
     
    ^^^ Online Bullshot and More.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    Vegas-pays you cash 5 minutes after final-has at least 10/20 different sites and lines- doesn't require you to f%&# with WU,credit card,paycard,bankwire, or fedex as you send your money money to Juan in PuertoRico/Singapore-hotelbook hasn't dealt me a sucker line or closed down in the middle of the night-book has never refused to pay a bet that I have placed/funded-vegas has never refused my bet or limited my action to any amount less then maximum-vegas has never refused to pay me all the amount of any bet I won. Vegas has never told me you can't bet here anymore.
     
    ^^^ Online Bullshot and More.
     
    lovelymoney
    lovelymoney
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 1885
    Posted: Jan. 26, 2013 - 11:41 AM ET #272

    Reply
     
    Crashdavis565
    Crashdavis565
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 15772
    Posted: Jan. 26, 2013 - 12:02 PM ET #273

    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    Vegas-pays you cash 5 minutes after final-has at least 10/20 different sites and lines- doesn't require you to f%&# with WU,credit card,paycard,bankwire, or fedex as you send your money money to Juan in PuertoRico/Singapore-hotelbook hasn't dealt me a sucker line or closed down in the middle of the night-book has never refused to pay a bet that I have placed/funded-vegas has never refused my bet or limited my action to any amount less then maximum-vegas has never refused to pay me all the amount of any bet I won. Vegas has never told me you can't bet here anymore.
     
    ^^^ Online Bullshot and More.

    or go out of business and take your money with them
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    Vegas-pays you cash 5 minutes after final-has at least 10/20 different sites and lines- doesn't require you to f%&# with WU,credit card,paycard,bankwire, or fedex as you send your money money to Juan in PuertoRico/Singapore-hotelbook hasn't dealt me a sucker line or closed down in the middle of the night-book has never refused to pay a bet that I have placed/funded-vegas has never refused my bet or limited my action to any amount less then maximum-vegas has never refused to pay me all the amount of any bet I won. Vegas has never told me you can't bet here anymore.
     
    ^^^ Online Bullshot and More.

    or go out of business and take your money with them
     
    Crashdavis565
    Crashdavis565
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 15772
    Posted: Jan. 26, 2013 - 12:05 PM ET #274

    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdavis565:

    I have thought about your post a lot. I had some decent success at poker and black jack in my day. I have never gotten over the sports betting hurdle. It owns me.
    I would have liked to try to make it at Poker but earn to good of living at what I do to risk it and have the infamous fear of failure.
    I recently took a big financial risk and it is panning out for me. I hesitated to do it for years because of my fear of failure but finally, with encouragement from my wife, did it and have never been happier .
    I wish you the best, I truly do, go for it, have fun and just do it!
    Some words of advice.
    1) You must only play games that you have a statistical advantage over- Poker, Sports Betting, BJ ( and knowing how to count) and Horse Racing ( if you are a hell of a capper) You cannot and will not win at slot, Craps, roulette etc over the long haul.

    https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/8408-cake-poker-buys-t-j-cloutier-s-bracelet-off-ebay

    2) You must be a master of the games you choose to play. If you play successful poker, you must never be the sucker. If you do not know what I mean, get out now.  I read 20 books on poker, read the forums over hands, learned to figure my odds and tried ( and succeeded sometimes) not to tilt. It must be your job, not your recreation. You will be playing for 1-3 bets an hour, that is it.  As I had success at poker, I moved up tables, starting from the small stakes games and getting to the large. You realize this in a hurry, there are no fish at a $20-$40 table, those players are there because they are quite good. Sometimes, you will feel like they can see your cards.
    You should feel like you can see the cards of the other players at the low stakes games. 

    3) If you plan to bet sports all day everyday then you need a unit system to wager on. Usually 2-4% or so of your total bankroll. Do not deviate from it, that is the road to ruin. You need to have a capping angle that no one else has. When you get it, do not share it, keep it for your own. This will be your advantage. I have tried dozens and all have failed. I will keep trying and have some this year for the NFL, I am very interested in.
    4) You must learn to watch sports impassionately, objectively. It is about the money, not your team. I bet against the Rockies, far more than I bet on them, as they are terrible overvalued this year (still)
    5) Look for friends that are winners. Surround yourself with positive energy, do not get in with those that are always chasing down, looking to get a loan etc. That is another thing, do not loan or borrow money. This is your job. Keep it to yourself.
    6) Shop and get the best lines, I cannot emphasize this enough, the juice is what kills you over time. 5dimes is solid and will pay for now better than a book.

    Let us all tail you! It will be a blast for me and the rest of the covers community. I am jealous and would love to live vicariously through you. Best of luck, knock em dead!

    Won at sports betting this year.
    My first.
    I have learned to tail the great cappers on here and got a service from a friend that has been very good.
    Will not live or retire on what I won but will seed my account for next year.
    NBA has simply "killed" me the last couple of year and I am unsure if I want to bet much in that this year.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdavis565:

    I have thought about your post a lot. I had some decent success at poker and black jack in my day. I have never gotten over the sports betting hurdle. It owns me.
    I would have liked to try to make it at Poker but earn to good of living at what I do to risk it and have the infamous fear of failure.
    I recently took a big financial risk and it is panning out for me. I hesitated to do it for years because of my fear of failure but finally, with encouragement from my wife, did it and have never been happier .
    I wish you the best, I truly do, go for it, have fun and just do it!
    Some words of advice.
    1) You must only play games that you have a statistical advantage over- Poker, Sports Betting, BJ ( and knowing how to count) and Horse Racing ( if you are a hell of a capper) You cannot and will not win at slot, Craps, roulette etc over the long haul.

    https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/8408-cake-poker-buys-t-j-cloutier-s-bracelet-off-ebay

    2) You must be a master of the games you choose to play. If you play successful poker, you must never be the sucker. If you do not know what I mean, get out now.  I read 20 books on poker, read the forums over hands, learned to figure my odds and tried ( and succeeded sometimes) not to tilt. It must be your job, not your recreation. You will be playing for 1-3 bets an hour, that is it.  As I had success at poker, I moved up tables, starting from the small stakes games and getting to the large. You realize this in a hurry, there are no fish at a $20-$40 table, those players are there because they are quite good. Sometimes, you will feel like they can see your cards.
    You should feel like you can see the cards of the other players at the low stakes games. 

    3) If you plan to bet sports all day everyday then you need a unit system to wager on. Usually 2-4% or so of your total bankroll. Do not deviate from it, that is the road to ruin. You need to have a capping angle that no one else has. When you get it, do not share it, keep it for your own. This will be your advantage. I have tried dozens and all have failed. I will keep trying and have some this year for the NFL, I am very interested in.
    4) You must learn to watch sports impassionately, objectively. It is about the money, not your team. I bet against the Rockies, far more than I bet on them, as they are terrible overvalued this year (still)
    5) Look for friends that are winners. Surround yourself with positive energy, do not get in with those that are always chasing down, looking to get a loan etc. That is another thing, do not loan or borrow money. This is your job. Keep it to yourself.
    6) Shop and get the best lines, I cannot emphasize this enough, the juice is what kills you over time. 5dimes is solid and will pay for now better than a book.

    Let us all tail you! It will be a blast for me and the rest of the covers community. I am jealous and would love to live vicariously through you. Best of luck, knock em dead!

    Won at sports betting this year.
    My first.
    I have learned to tail the great cappers on here and got a service from a friend that has been very good.
    Will not live or retire on what I won but will seed my account for next year.
    NBA has simply "killed" me the last couple of year and I am unsure if I want to bet much in that this year.
     
     
    golfkat
    golfkat
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 1654
    Posted: Jan. 27, 2013 - 7:56 AM ET #275

    I have lived "the dream" for the last fifty years.  It is a pure nightmare.  Sure I have made the big scores.  Plenty of them, but

    the downturns are something else.  I am in one now lose at

    everything.   Poker I can't win a hand.   Just lost a big pot with

    AK vs AQ.  I had no chance flop come A Q rag.  I was winning

    $250 wind up losing a hundred for the night.  I lost about four

    photos in a row.  One was for a $400 pick four.  Yes, the

    dream is a nightmare with no way out.

    Reply

    I have lived "the dream" for the last fifty years.  It is a pure nightmare.  Sure I have made the big scores.  Plenty of them, but

    the downturns are something else.  I am in one now lose at

    everything.   Poker I can't win a hand.   Just lost a big pot with

    AK vs AQ.  I had no chance flop come A Q rag.  I was winning

    $250 wind up losing a hundred for the night.  I lost about four

    photos in a row.  One was for a $400 pick four.  Yes, the

    dream is a nightmare with no way out.

    All Forums | Las Vegas
    «First Previous 111213 ... 181920 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,366
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 270,004
    • Friday 10/09/2026 439
    • PART DEUX 166
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 858
    • Week 6 Money 9,723
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,279
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,602
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 440
    • Why go for 2pts 651

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.