• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Investments

    Forex 2nd half 2014 discussion

    «First Previous 123 ... 678
    Knoxpoker
    wallstreetcappers
    Fire_Control
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 7479
    Posts: 193
    «First Previous 123 ... 678
     
    Knoxpoker
    Knoxpoker
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 1244
    Posted: Jan. 16, 2015 - 12:42 PM ET #176

    yes i hear you on the limit buy, they do have weird rules like that. 

    But this sucks today .. i had a great trade on AUS/USD as soon as the news came out and was up 26 pips. Then saw the news and closed the trade and put in the withdrawal.. I cant believe I am on the sidelines.. I might really think I might get heavy in E minis... I am really pissed..

    Reply
    yes i hear you on the limit buy, they do have weird rules like that. 

    But this sucks today .. i had a great trade on AUS/USD as soon as the news came out and was up 26 pips. Then saw the news and closed the trade and put in the withdrawal.. I cant believe I am on the sidelines.. I might really think I might get heavy in E minis... I am really pissed..

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: Jan. 16, 2015 - 12:54 PM ET #177

    I dont want to do futures or minis.

    I think those waters are more dangerous than the Forex...so I wont do that.
    Reply
    I dont want to do futures or minis.

    I think those waters are more dangerous than the Forex...so I wont do that.
     
    Knoxpoker
    Knoxpoker
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 1244
    Posted: Jan. 16, 2015 - 2:42 PM ET #178

     Wall did you see the press conference today ?? Obama and the PM of England.. Sanctions and possible war with Iran.. I am going short USD/CAD as of Monday morning and getting ready for a loooooong ride down... Oil spikes , USD/CAD tumbles.. 

    I think the Dow is toast from here on out .. Forget 18,000 for a long time .. 

    Reply
     Wall did you see the press conference today ?? Obama and the PM of England.. Sanctions and possible war with Iran.. I am going short USD/CAD as of Monday morning and getting ready for a loooooong ride down... Oil spikes , USD/CAD tumbles.. 

    I think the Dow is toast from here on out .. Forget 18,000 for a long time .. 

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: Jan. 16, 2015 - 3:42 PM ET #179

    I agree with that if you are right..

    I also am not sure that war means a down market..often times its the reverse.

    War means government spending and corporate profits...

    What makes the market go down is if Iran does something the market does not expect..it also makes oil and gold go up.

    Oil moving strong all day, I think it has to do with the general risk on market today though.
    Reply
    I agree with that if you are right..

    I also am not sure that war means a down market..often times its the reverse.

    War means government spending and corporate profits...

    What makes the market go down is if Iran does something the market does not expect..it also makes oil and gold go up.

    Oil moving strong all day, I think it has to do with the general risk on market today though.
     
    Knoxpoker
    Knoxpoker
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 1244
    Posted: Jan. 16, 2015 - 4:18 PM ET #180

    Quote Originally Posted by Knoxpoker:



    Ok look at the charts and I posted the above statement on the close of Tuesday.. Where did we bounce??? 17,300   ... That level held thru 3 hard tries to get thru, and could not.. So I would look for a small down move tomorrow followed by some sort of up day.. But it friday going into a 3 day weekend so not much after 12 noon..

    There is so much air under 17,300 , if the market broke that we would be in for a long haul pullback.. So a bounce there was not a surprise at all.. 

    I have watched this market and it's rhythm and understand it completely.  

    There are 2 spots on the downside that will stop a down move.. 17,198 and 17,068.. If we get below 17,000 panic will set in and go down at least 500 more.. So keeping it up right now is a smart move.. they will pull the plug in the summer.. last summer was great for the market , this summer will bankrupt the retail investor, and there will be margin calls all over the place..


    What did the market do today?? small down move followed by and nice up move... I might be 100 percent on the market moves... 

    BUY OIL BUY GOLD...!!!  The Dow is toast the long term...


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Knoxpoker:



    Ok look at the charts and I posted the above statement on the close of Tuesday.. Where did we bounce??? 17,300   ... That level held thru 3 hard tries to get thru, and could not.. So I would look for a small down move tomorrow followed by some sort of up day.. But it friday going into a 3 day weekend so not much after 12 noon..

    There is so much air under 17,300 , if the market broke that we would be in for a long haul pullback.. So a bounce there was not a surprise at all.. 

    I have watched this market and it's rhythm and understand it completely.  

    There are 2 spots on the downside that will stop a down move.. 17,198 and 17,068.. If we get below 17,000 panic will set in and go down at least 500 more.. So keeping it up right now is a smart move.. they will pull the plug in the summer.. last summer was great for the market , this summer will bankrupt the retail investor, and there will be margin calls all over the place..


    What did the market do today?? small down move followed by and nice up move... I might be 100 percent on the market moves... 

    BUY OIL BUY GOLD...!!!  The Dow is toast the long term...


     
    Fire_Control
    Fire_Control
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 922
    Posted: Jan. 16, 2015 - 9:15 PM ET #181

     Can we assume that Draghi tipped off the Swiss about the decision next weak?

    Thinking of shorting the euro, anybody have thoughts or opinions on this?

     

    Reply

     Can we assume that Draghi tipped off the Swiss about the decision next weak?

    Thinking of shorting the euro, anybody have thoughts or opinions on this?

     

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: Jan. 16, 2015 - 11:06 PM ET #182

    Ive been saying since 1.40 on the Euro that parity is fair value vs the dollar.

    I wont go short because I cant go against someone on the opposite of the trade..I dont go that way.

    I also said for a long time that the AU deserved to be .80 to the buck..it took a while but it also happened.

    If you like a short EU trade I think there might be better juice going short the pound..it is still super high, if the Eurozone is slowing (which I believe) then it will hurt the pound and if the Euro is fair value at parity to me that means the pound should be 1.20 vs the dollar..
    Reply
    Ive been saying since 1.40 on the Euro that parity is fair value vs the dollar.

    I wont go short because I cant go against someone on the opposite of the trade..I dont go that way.

    I also said for a long time that the AU deserved to be .80 to the buck..it took a while but it also happened.

    If you like a short EU trade I think there might be better juice going short the pound..it is still super high, if the Eurozone is slowing (which I believe) then it will hurt the pound and if the Euro is fair value at parity to me that means the pound should be 1.20 vs the dollar..
     
    Fire_Control
    Fire_Control
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 922
    Posted: Jan. 16, 2015 - 11:28 PM ET #183

    Interesting take on the pound. Would if be wise to use forex or

    something like fxe to short the euro?

    Not sure what you mean by "go against someone on the opposite of the trade".

    Reply

    Interesting take on the pound. Would if be wise to use forex or

    something like fxe to short the euro?

    Not sure what you mean by "go against someone on the opposite of the trade".

     
    Knoxpoker
    Knoxpoker
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 1244
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2015 - 12:00 PM ET #184

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire_Control:

     Can we assume that Draghi tipped off the Swiss about the decision next weak?

    Thinking of shorting the euro, anybody have thoughts or opinions on this?

     


    Honestly Fire-Control  I am going to tell you this. I am only looking at getting in on oil right now , I am going to be watching the forex markets and let the craziness play out and then just pick it apart.. I have no clue what is going to happen and seeing the move by the Swiss, which made a lot of sense, it scares me because a move live that can blow out an account.. Even with a stoploss in place a trade can slip. I had a trade on a news event slip 60 pips.. Only happened once , but it can happen.. Not many people I know are trading the forex markets until this Euro crap slows down. There will be many opportunities very soon.. I hope this is what I have been waiting for . 

    The dollar crashing , oil going thru the roof, and the market tumbling with it.. The old saying is "Escalator to the top , elevator to the bottom."  There is nothing better then shorting in a panic mode market. Quickest money ever.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire_Control:

     Can we assume that Draghi tipped off the Swiss about the decision next weak?

    Thinking of shorting the euro, anybody have thoughts or opinions on this?

     


    Honestly Fire-Control  I am going to tell you this. I am only looking at getting in on oil right now , I am going to be watching the forex markets and let the craziness play out and then just pick it apart.. I have no clue what is going to happen and seeing the move by the Swiss, which made a lot of sense, it scares me because a move live that can blow out an account.. Even with a stoploss in place a trade can slip. I had a trade on a news event slip 60 pips.. Only happened once , but it can happen.. Not many people I know are trading the forex markets until this Euro crap slows down. There will be many opportunities very soon.. I hope this is what I have been waiting for . 

    The dollar crashing , oil going thru the roof, and the market tumbling with it.. The old saying is "Escalator to the top , elevator to the bottom."  There is nothing better then shorting in a panic mode market. Quickest money ever.


     
    Fire_Control
    Fire_Control
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 922
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2015 - 12:19 PM ET #185

    Knox,

      Thanks for taking the time to respond. You have made some good calls recently and seem to have a good understanding of the markets. Are you thinking we have a 2008 style crash soon?

    Reply

    Knox,

      Thanks for taking the time to respond. You have made some good calls recently and seem to have a good understanding of the markets. Are you thinking we have a 2008 style crash soon?

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2015 - 1:27 PM ET #186

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire_Control:

    Interesting take on the pound. Would if be wise to use forex or

    something like fxe to short the euro?

    Not sure what you mean by "go against someone on the opposite of the trade".


    Someone I know is long the Euro so I wont go to profit off that persons loss. There are so many possible plays out there I've never needed to go against a friend and their trade.

    Speaking to what Knox was saying...in my history of trading my only losses came from stop loss slippage. One severe negative I have with the Forex is you cannot insure your position against margin or stop loss slippage. It really ticks me off and the few times I got zapped off this the trade would have worked properly, so my strategy wasnt flawed and I was able and willing to ride but with how fast the Forex moves if you are either too levered or not watching you can get smashed.

    Even if I was short the CHF (which is a NO WAY was I ever going to play the peg..to me if you are playing the peg then if the peg fails you will get CRUSHED, and to me the price action on that trade was just not enticing...too crowded and no juice there) even if I was short that trade, I probably would have tried to ride it out...and you cannot ride it out of you are not able to quickly act and not get stopped out like that.

    But as I said no way have I or would I ever play the dynamite peg trade.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire_Control:

    Interesting take on the pound. Would if be wise to use forex or

    something like fxe to short the euro?

    Not sure what you mean by "go against someone on the opposite of the trade".


    Someone I know is long the Euro so I wont go to profit off that persons loss. There are so many possible plays out there I've never needed to go against a friend and their trade.

    Speaking to what Knox was saying...in my history of trading my only losses came from stop loss slippage. One severe negative I have with the Forex is you cannot insure your position against margin or stop loss slippage. It really ticks me off and the few times I got zapped off this the trade would have worked properly, so my strategy wasnt flawed and I was able and willing to ride but with how fast the Forex moves if you are either too levered or not watching you can get smashed.

    Even if I was short the CHF (which is a NO WAY was I ever going to play the peg..to me if you are playing the peg then if the peg fails you will get CRUSHED, and to me the price action on that trade was just not enticing...too crowded and no juice there) even if I was short that trade, I probably would have tried to ride it out...and you cannot ride it out of you are not able to quickly act and not get stopped out like that.

    But as I said no way have I or would I ever play the dynamite peg trade.
     
    Fire_Control
    Fire_Control
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 922
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2015 - 2:56 PM ET #187

    For the Swiss to do what they did makes me think draghi is going to do something big soon.

    When did they go long euro? They must be stuck huge. Hopefully they can recover someday.

     

     

    Reply

    For the Swiss to do what they did makes me think draghi is going to do something big soon.

    When did they go long euro? They must be stuck huge. Hopefully they can recover someday.

     

     

     
    Knoxpoker
    Knoxpoker
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 1244
    Posted: Jan. 18, 2015 - 1:43 PM ET #188

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire_Control:

    Knox,

      Thanks for taking the time to respond. You have made some good calls recently and seem to have a good understanding of the markets. Are you thinking we have a 2008 style crash soon?


    I hate to use the word crash because it sounds like you are trying to set in panic, and people or should I say "sheep" think you are overreacting.. I know for a fact after seeing all the B.S theyI have seen over the weekend that they are infact going to pull the markets off highs and the new safe haven for "hot" money will be oil and gold.. 

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-01-18/obama-tries-tax-cuts-on-rich-again-offset-by-new-breaks.html


    here is a great example of a smoke screen.. This type of news says >> " We are going to help you !"  But in reality he is going to let all the big boys get out of the market and let the 401k's of millions of people take about a 40 percent loss.. This is what told me that we are ready to go into a nice downward market .. This is what I call CONFIRMATION at its best....

    think I am some crazy conspiracy theory nut?? Go right ahead and dont take action . I will be making money hand over fist.. 

    I am not sure how I am going to play this just yet, but as of now I my trading plan is short USD pairs--- Most likely USD/CAD and am already in NUGT I most likely will be adding more to that position once i get another leg to the upside, or a very small pullback.. 


    Fire-Control I want to say one more thing.. You can not come into the markets in a better time.. this is what all traders wait for .. A great opportunity to make some good money...


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire_Control:

    Knox,

      Thanks for taking the time to respond. You have made some good calls recently and seem to have a good understanding of the markets. Are you thinking we have a 2008 style crash soon?


    I hate to use the word crash because it sounds like you are trying to set in panic, and people or should I say "sheep" think you are overreacting.. I know for a fact after seeing all the B.S theyI have seen over the weekend that they are infact going to pull the markets off highs and the new safe haven for "hot" money will be oil and gold.. 

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-01-18/obama-tries-tax-cuts-on-rich-again-offset-by-new-breaks.html


    here is a great example of a smoke screen.. This type of news says >> " We are going to help you !"  But in reality he is going to let all the big boys get out of the market and let the 401k's of millions of people take about a 40 percent loss.. This is what told me that we are ready to go into a nice downward market .. This is what I call CONFIRMATION at its best....

    think I am some crazy conspiracy theory nut?? Go right ahead and dont take action . I will be making money hand over fist.. 

    I am not sure how I am going to play this just yet, but as of now I my trading plan is short USD pairs--- Most likely USD/CAD and am already in NUGT I most likely will be adding more to that position once i get another leg to the upside, or a very small pullback.. 


    Fire-Control I want to say one more thing.. You can not come into the markets in a better time.. this is what all traders wait for .. A great opportunity to make some good money...


     
    Fire_Control
    Fire_Control
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 922
    Posted: Jan. 18, 2015 - 3:30 PM ET #189

    Why the short on US/CAD? We are not in a good place up here right now. All commodities in the tank and they keep talking about raising rates. No way they can raise rates here. If they do it will be 0.5% at the most. A 1 or 2 % rise in rates would smash the economy further. Then they will realize it was a mistake.

    Seems like most central banks are talking down there currency except for the US.

    Reply

    Why the short on US/CAD? We are not in a good place up here right now. All commodities in the tank and they keep talking about raising rates. No way they can raise rates here. If they do it will be 0.5% at the most. A 1 or 2 % rise in rates would smash the economy further. Then they will realize it was a mistake.

    Seems like most central banks are talking down there currency except for the US.

     
    Knoxpoker
    Knoxpoker
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 1244
    Posted: Jan. 18, 2015 - 11:03 PM ET #190

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire_Control:

    Why the short on US/CAD? We are not in a good place up here right now. All commodities in the tank and they keep talking about raising rates. No way they can raise rates here. If they do it will be 0.5% at the most. A 1 or 2 % rise in rates would smash the economy further. Then they will realize it was a mistake.

    Seems like most central banks are talking down there currency except for the US.


    This is the thing.. the more you make the working class work, the more you can keep the scam going.. Where is the money coming from that "they" are stealing??? Our tax money, our hard earned money in the markets.. I dont mind that they want to try to steal mine, because I just steal it right back.. No big deal to me , I know the scam.. 

    The yen is already getting stronger as a safe haven again as of tonight.. Next Oil and gold.. 

    I will short any USD pair that looks soft, and right now it is looking as the Yen and the Cad are ready to go.. I had said the USD/CAD because it is the last of the pairs to start a down trend and it has a looooong way to go to bottom out .. I see over 2,300 pips for the taking .. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire_Control:

    Why the short on US/CAD? We are not in a good place up here right now. All commodities in the tank and they keep talking about raising rates. No way they can raise rates here. If they do it will be 0.5% at the most. A 1 or 2 % rise in rates would smash the economy further. Then they will realize it was a mistake.

    Seems like most central banks are talking down there currency except for the US.


    This is the thing.. the more you make the working class work, the more you can keep the scam going.. Where is the money coming from that "they" are stealing??? Our tax money, our hard earned money in the markets.. I dont mind that they want to try to steal mine, because I just steal it right back.. No big deal to me , I know the scam.. 

    The yen is already getting stronger as a safe haven again as of tonight.. Next Oil and gold.. 

    I will short any USD pair that looks soft, and right now it is looking as the Yen and the Cad are ready to go.. I had said the USD/CAD because it is the last of the pairs to start a down trend and it has a looooong way to go to bottom out .. I see over 2,300 pips for the taking .. 
     
    Knoxpoker
    Knoxpoker
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 1244
    Posted: Jan. 19, 2015 - 1:44 AM ET #191

    2 trades 2 different pairs .. 

    The USD/YEN  ready to go short @ the break of 117.056 ish.. Looking for signal at that level..

    USD/CAD  119.872 ish looking for signal at that level.. 

    lets see in the next 9 hours... GL
    Reply
    2 trades 2 different pairs .. 

    The USD/YEN  ready to go short @ the break of 117.056 ish.. Looking for signal at that level..

    USD/CAD  119.872 ish looking for signal at that level.. 

    lets see in the next 9 hours... GL
     
    Knoxpoker
    Knoxpoker
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 1244
    Posted: Jan. 20, 2015 - 11:26 AM ET #192

    dow is toast . oil is testing bottoms , and gold is gone!!!  

    here are 2 good ones.. 

    UWTI, NUGT,  they will fly. Nugt is already flying off the shelf.. greab UWTI before you have to pay a dollar more a week from now ..
    Reply
    dow is toast . oil is testing bottoms , and gold is gone!!!  

    here are 2 good ones.. 

    UWTI, NUGT,  they will fly. Nugt is already flying off the shelf.. greab UWTI before you have to pay a dollar more a week from now ..
     
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: Jan. 20, 2015 - 1:10 PM ET #193

    You better hope the EU does a QE this week like the market is pricing or that levered NUGT is gonna get smacked down good.

    This gold move is nothing but front running an anticipated QE move this week.
    Reply
    You better hope the EU does a QE this week like the market is pricing or that levered NUGT is gonna get smacked down good.

    This gold move is nothing but front running an anticipated QE move this week.
    All Forums | Investments
    «First Previous 123 ... 678

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,737
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,198
    • Eagles vs Bears in-game live MNF 2,834
    • PART DEUX 288
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,289
    • Monday 09/28/2026 819
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,007
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,469
    • Eagles@Bears discussion 3,721
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,507

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.