• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Investments

    Forex 2nd half 2014 discussion

    «First Previous 123 ... 678 Next Last»
    Knoxpoker
    wallstreetcappers
    Culls17
    ldcpicks
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 7479
    Posts: 193
    «First Previous 123 ... 678 Next Last»
     
    Knoxpoker
    Knoxpoker
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 1244
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2015 - 10:31 AM ET #151

    Great morning.... We just broke 118.890  now a long ride down.... will update later
    Reply
    Great morning.... We just broke 118.890  now a long ride down.... will update later
     
    Knoxpoker
    Knoxpoker
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 1244
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2015 - 10:33 AM ET #152

    The Dow breaks 17735 it is going to be a long day .. that level should hold, or go thru it and close around it ..
    Reply
    The Dow breaks 17735 it is going to be a long day .. that level should hold, or go thru it and close around it ..
     
    Knoxpoker
    Knoxpoker
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 1244
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2015 - 11:07 AM ET #153

    Here is a run down of a day traders morning on NFP day... 

    All on USD/JPY

    this all started right when the number came out ..

    Sell -10.2 pips

    Buy +42 pips opened second position @ 119.318  closed +28.4

    Buy - 7.3 pips

    Buy  - 1 pip..

    Buy - 11 . pips

    Buy - 5 pips  

    market started to turn around to the downside.

    Sell + 36 pips

    Sell -1.6 

    Sell + 15 .3 pips..  

    All scalped on the one minute chart... 

    Plus 93 pips.. 



    Reply
    Here is a run down of a day traders morning on NFP day... 

    All on USD/JPY

    this all started right when the number came out ..

    Sell -10.2 pips

    Buy +42 pips opened second position @ 119.318  closed +28.4

    Buy - 7.3 pips

    Buy  - 1 pip..

    Buy - 11 . pips

    Buy - 5 pips  

    market started to turn around to the downside.

    Sell + 36 pips

    Sell -1.6 

    Sell + 15 .3 pips..  

    All scalped on the one minute chart... 

    Plus 93 pips.. 



     
    Knoxpoker
    Knoxpoker
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 1244
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2015 - 11:17 AM ET #154

    45 mins later we are down to 118.519.. 42 or so pips from the break of 118.890  .next stop might be 118.250 to stop the bleeding on this USD/JPY pair..
    Reply
    45 mins later we are down to 118.519.. 42 or so pips from the break of 118.890  .next stop might be 118.250 to stop the bleeding on this USD/JPY pair..
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2015 - 11:23 AM ET #155

    Too jumpy for my tastes..

    Flipping and flopping like that in and out will eventually destroy an account.

    Not saying you but instead of hopping in for a scalp of a few pips sometimes you have to let the trade work and go with a trend.

    It would have been tough to short at 119.70 into the face of a market move but man its a fast 100 plus payday.

    My gut here would keep short the US.Yen, it is breaking down a bit and I would be willing to risk 100 in pain to see where it goes.
    Reply
    Too jumpy for my tastes..

    Flipping and flopping like that in and out will eventually destroy an account.

    Not saying you but instead of hopping in for a scalp of a few pips sometimes you have to let the trade work and go with a trend.

    It would have been tough to short at 119.70 into the face of a market move but man its a fast 100 plus payday.

    My gut here would keep short the US.Yen, it is breaking down a bit and I would be willing to risk 100 in pain to see where it goes.
     
    Knoxpoker
    Knoxpoker
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 1244
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2015 - 11:53 AM ET #156

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    Too jumpy for my tastes..

    Flipping and flopping like that in and out will eventually destroy an account.

    Not saying you but instead of hopping in for a scalp of a few pips sometimes you have to let the trade work and go with a trend.

    It would have been tough to short at 119.70 into the face of a market move but man its a fast 100 plus payday.

    My gut here would keep short the US.Yen, it is breaking down a bit and I would be willing to risk 100 in pain to see where it goes.


    I had no play for a short or long.. I usually have a game plan and adjust as the news comes out . I did not like the idea of this Dow to rally another 300 points off a good number .. I said that in this thread or the other. 

    So I was really thinking the number would come out negitive.. but once it was positive and I got past the news spike I went long.. At first I went short about 10 seconds before the news because the market made a quick move down.. But then peaked at the number on my other screen and it was positive.. Quickly got out of the short and went long with the number.. Once I saw I was right , I opened the second position.. 

    Now the scalping comes in when price hit 119.590.. that was strong resistance.. So at that point I look to see for a bounce and continuation or a bounce and down move.. On the 15 min chart price went thru 119.591 all the way to 119.759 in 3 mins that is 27 pips of so .When that happens in 3 mins that to me is a reversal... Started the short scalping down on the one min chart after seeing that quick move down.. granted I had a small stop at that point ,but price just tumbled..

    Takes a lot of practice to trade the news like this .. 

    If I didnt close my last short I took @ 119.060 at plus 15 pips I would have been up another 33 pips.. I closed that trade once I saw it hit 118.890 , I didnt think it would go thru that price..

    I am not sold on a long term short just yet on this pair.. the market ( Dow) might just be on a Friday pullback.. The level I called is holding at 17735 as of now.. If we stay above that , we could head higher next week.. So the USD/YEN could go higher with the DOW.. There is no doubt in my mind they are going to push the USD/YEN back thru 120.650 again some time soon.. as of right now I am done and going to make my game plan for next week .. sometime Sunday night.. 

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    Too jumpy for my tastes..

    Flipping and flopping like that in and out will eventually destroy an account.

    Not saying you but instead of hopping in for a scalp of a few pips sometimes you have to let the trade work and go with a trend.

    It would have been tough to short at 119.70 into the face of a market move but man its a fast 100 plus payday.

    My gut here would keep short the US.Yen, it is breaking down a bit and I would be willing to risk 100 in pain to see where it goes.


    I had no play for a short or long.. I usually have a game plan and adjust as the news comes out . I did not like the idea of this Dow to rally another 300 points off a good number .. I said that in this thread or the other. 

    So I was really thinking the number would come out negitive.. but once it was positive and I got past the news spike I went long.. At first I went short about 10 seconds before the news because the market made a quick move down.. But then peaked at the number on my other screen and it was positive.. Quickly got out of the short and went long with the number.. Once I saw I was right , I opened the second position.. 

    Now the scalping comes in when price hit 119.590.. that was strong resistance.. So at that point I look to see for a bounce and continuation or a bounce and down move.. On the 15 min chart price went thru 119.591 all the way to 119.759 in 3 mins that is 27 pips of so .When that happens in 3 mins that to me is a reversal... Started the short scalping down on the one min chart after seeing that quick move down.. granted I had a small stop at that point ,but price just tumbled..

    Takes a lot of practice to trade the news like this .. 

    If I didnt close my last short I took @ 119.060 at plus 15 pips I would have been up another 33 pips.. I closed that trade once I saw it hit 118.890 , I didnt think it would go thru that price..

    I am not sold on a long term short just yet on this pair.. the market ( Dow) might just be on a Friday pullback.. The level I called is holding at 17735 as of now.. If we stay above that , we could head higher next week.. So the USD/YEN could go higher with the DOW.. There is no doubt in my mind they are going to push the USD/YEN back thru 120.650 again some time soon.. as of right now I am done and going to make my game plan for next week .. sometime Sunday night.. 

     
    Knoxpoker
    Knoxpoker
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 1244
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2015 - 12:06 PM ET #157

    I am curious to see if the market can close around the 17735 number .. I give myself about a 20 point plus or minus on that call.. Unless traders eat lunch and come back angry ,and send the market lower I hope to see it settle around the level called... Or above would be even better... . 

    On the number we got this morning , do you think the Dow should have gone down???? Never in a million years.. Once the market got pumped they pulled out of positions for the weekend.. At the way this world is going BANKS and  HEDGE FUNDS are NOT holding over the weekend.. 
    Reply
    I am curious to see if the market can close around the 17735 number .. I give myself about a 20 point plus or minus on that call.. Unless traders eat lunch and come back angry ,and send the market lower I hope to see it settle around the level called... Or above would be even better... . 

    On the number we got this morning , do you think the Dow should have gone down???? Never in a million years.. Once the market got pumped they pulled out of positions for the weekend.. At the way this world is going BANKS and  HEDGE FUNDS are NOT holding over the weekend.. 
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2015 - 12:21 PM ET #158

    Quote Originally Posted by Knoxpoker:

    I am curious to see if the market can close around the 17735 number .. I give myself about a 20 point plus or minus on that call.. Unless traders eat lunch and come back angry ,and send the market lower I hope to see it settle around the level called... Or above would be even better... . 

    On the number we got this morning , do you think the Dow should have gone down???? Never in a million years.. Once the market got pumped they pulled out of positions for the weekend.. At the way this world is going BANKS and  HEDGE FUNDS are NOT holding over the weekend.. 

    Yeah it should have gone down.

    If the people running the markets are morons then the number is awesome, but if you look even a little at the number as a whole it was horrible.

    Average hourly earnings decline, participation rate at lowest in decades..

    Employment of part time service jobs is not the signs of a healthy economy yet this has been the case for several years and is ignored.

    The bulk of our jobs are low paying, low quality types and that is actually harmful to the economy. Corps are squeezing mid and high income earners, not hiring and at some point the lack of GDP growth, lack of income growth, lack of inflation and decrease in participation rate will have to be factored in..to me the reality of our current economic situation would mean a 50% cut in the stock market.

    The market should not be over 10,000 given how poor the economy is.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Knoxpoker:

    I am curious to see if the market can close around the 17735 number .. I give myself about a 20 point plus or minus on that call.. Unless traders eat lunch and come back angry ,and send the market lower I hope to see it settle around the level called... Or above would be even better... . 

    On the number we got this morning , do you think the Dow should have gone down???? Never in a million years.. Once the market got pumped they pulled out of positions for the weekend.. At the way this world is going BANKS and  HEDGE FUNDS are NOT holding over the weekend.. 

    Yeah it should have gone down.

    If the people running the markets are morons then the number is awesome, but if you look even a little at the number as a whole it was horrible.

    Average hourly earnings decline, participation rate at lowest in decades..

    Employment of part time service jobs is not the signs of a healthy economy yet this has been the case for several years and is ignored.

    The bulk of our jobs are low paying, low quality types and that is actually harmful to the economy. Corps are squeezing mid and high income earners, not hiring and at some point the lack of GDP growth, lack of income growth, lack of inflation and decrease in participation rate will have to be factored in..to me the reality of our current economic situation would mean a 50% cut in the stock market.

    The market should not be over 10,000 given how poor the economy is.
     
    Knoxpoker
    Knoxpoker
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 1244
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2015 - 1:16 PM ET #159

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:


    Yeah it should have gone down.

    If the people running the markets are morons then the number is awesome, but if you look even a little at the number as a whole it was horrible.

    Average hourly earnings decline, participation rate at lowest in decades..

    Employment of part time service jobs is not the signs of a healthy economy yet this has been the case for several years and is ignored.

    The bulk of our jobs are low paying, low quality types and that is actually harmful to the economy. Corps are squeezing mid and high income earners, not hiring and at some point the lack of GDP growth, lack of income growth, lack of inflation and decrease in participation rate will have to be factored in..to me the reality of our current economic situation would mean a 50% cut in the stock market.

    The market should not be over 10,000 given how poor the economy is.


    Our country looks at the working man , and wants nothing more than to enslave them.. To enslave us makes us blind to what our country and the countries that back us are trying to do.. They are looking to take over the world. the whole Middle East and beyond...

    The more they squeeze the more that people go blind to whats going on around them because they are so worried about just getting to the next day.. Our generations attention span is about a minute.. So they are easily distracted. 

    When you start to see Ebola, and sanctions, and Greece crap pooping up , you know they are doing the scare tactics to drive the market down or have an excuse on why it is going down.. now all of a sudden that stuff is gone.. No Ebola since Tues, no more North Korea talk, and Greece must be in great shape.. Remember Turkey last year??? How bad that country was. What happen ??? They must be OK now... What happen with Russia???  All just non sense to scare the market down so they could prop it up .. 

    I am watching CNBC all day .. All I see is the Paris gunman and hostages. yesterday while the market was going up they barely showed any of this stuff.. Scare tactics for today for people to keep selling.. This is what tells my the market can start up again Monday.. And the daily DOW chart lines up with that theory..

    Sounds crazy but i am pretty good at reading thru the BS.. 

    Look at the news over the weekend.. I use a simple google news feed .. I look at it and see if they are trying to scare us like crazy or just normal news.. The more International bad news you see , that means they want the market go down.. If it just the same news as this week, then they are keeping it neutral. Remember this ..The corporations that own the media outlets are HUGE market players. When you control the news you can control the market... 

    People at first said I was crazy , until I started making market calls.

    I will let the weekend go by and make a call on the Dow for Monday after I see what goes on over the weekend.. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:


    Yeah it should have gone down.

    If the people running the markets are morons then the number is awesome, but if you look even a little at the number as a whole it was horrible.

    Average hourly earnings decline, participation rate at lowest in decades..

    Employment of part time service jobs is not the signs of a healthy economy yet this has been the case for several years and is ignored.

    The bulk of our jobs are low paying, low quality types and that is actually harmful to the economy. Corps are squeezing mid and high income earners, not hiring and at some point the lack of GDP growth, lack of income growth, lack of inflation and decrease in participation rate will have to be factored in..to me the reality of our current economic situation would mean a 50% cut in the stock market.

    The market should not be over 10,000 given how poor the economy is.


    Our country looks at the working man , and wants nothing more than to enslave them.. To enslave us makes us blind to what our country and the countries that back us are trying to do.. They are looking to take over the world. the whole Middle East and beyond...

    The more they squeeze the more that people go blind to whats going on around them because they are so worried about just getting to the next day.. Our generations attention span is about a minute.. So they are easily distracted. 

    When you start to see Ebola, and sanctions, and Greece crap pooping up , you know they are doing the scare tactics to drive the market down or have an excuse on why it is going down.. now all of a sudden that stuff is gone.. No Ebola since Tues, no more North Korea talk, and Greece must be in great shape.. Remember Turkey last year??? How bad that country was. What happen ??? They must be OK now... What happen with Russia???  All just non sense to scare the market down so they could prop it up .. 

    I am watching CNBC all day .. All I see is the Paris gunman and hostages. yesterday while the market was going up they barely showed any of this stuff.. Scare tactics for today for people to keep selling.. This is what tells my the market can start up again Monday.. And the daily DOW chart lines up with that theory..

    Sounds crazy but i am pretty good at reading thru the BS.. 

    Look at the news over the weekend.. I use a simple google news feed .. I look at it and see if they are trying to scare us like crazy or just normal news.. The more International bad news you see , that means they want the market go down.. If it just the same news as this week, then they are keeping it neutral. Remember this ..The corporations that own the media outlets are HUGE market players. When you control the news you can control the market... 

    People at first said I was crazy , until I started making market calls.

    I will let the weekend go by and make a call on the Dow for Monday after I see what goes on over the weekend.. 
     
    Culls17
    Culls17
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2002
    Posts: 1170
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2015 - 2:26 PM ET #160

    They need to stop w the coverage of the Paris mess. Horrible yes but really does that have an impact on the financial markets? 7 hours of coverage of it? How bout they read some earnings reports to us to try and educate us?

    Buying the dip today (small) ...hold over weekend see what Monday brings..

    Reply

    They need to stop w the coverage of the Paris mess. Horrible yes but really does that have an impact on the financial markets? 7 hours of coverage of it? How bout they read some earnings reports to us to try and educate us?

    Buying the dip today (small) ...hold over weekend see what Monday brings..

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2015 - 3:28 PM ET #161

    I turned off CNBC years ago and my mental sanity has vastly improved.

    Turn on Bloomy if you must watch financial TV...
    Reply
    I turned off CNBC years ago and my mental sanity has vastly improved.

    Turn on Bloomy if you must watch financial TV...
     
    Knoxpoker
    Knoxpoker
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 1244
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2015 - 4:56 PM ET #162

    Quote Originally Posted by Knoxpoker:

    The Dow breaks 17735 it is going to be a long day .. that level should hold, or go thru it and close around it ..

    Sorry guys I was 9 points off. Market closed at 17744. Not a bad call to make on a free falling market at 10:30 am.. Till Monday...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Knoxpoker:

    The Dow breaks 17735 it is going to be a long day .. that level should hold, or go thru it and close around it ..

    Sorry guys I was 9 points off. Market closed at 17744. Not a bad call to make on a free falling market at 10:30 am.. Till Monday...
     
    ldcpicks
    ldcpicks
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 129
    Posted: Jan. 11, 2015 - 3:33 PM ET #163

    Look for AUD/USD short at 0.8200 and look to get a sell order on NZD/USD at 0.7843 These 2 are strong sell signals at the moment.
    Reply
    Look for AUD/USD short at 0.8200 and look to get a sell order on NZD/USD at 0.7843 These 2 are strong sell signals at the moment.
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2015 - 2:03 PM ET #164

    Interesting action today.

    I am so unfamiliar with the market selling off in the last few years that todays action actually shocks me.
    Reply
    Interesting action today.

    I am so unfamiliar with the market selling off in the last few years that todays action actually shocks me.
     
    Knoxpoker
    Knoxpoker
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 1244
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2015 - 7:13 PM ET #165

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    Interesting action today.

    I am so unfamiliar with the market selling off in the last few years that todays action actually shocks me.


    You didnt like the pump and dump??? Did the same thing the other day.. the next day market went up.. But now they will trick you , tomorrow the market will tank again... This market is sick and we are headed for 17,300   It is a scam and has never been more corrupt.. Not one person today can explain why the market did what it did.. They are using Oil as a smoke screen for something else.. Maybe they will be pulling the plug soon.. So all the big boys are getting out now .. we are raising rates soon, so it is only a matter of time.. Pulling QE3 was one thing, they sucked in more longs with the run up from October , now they will pull the plug on the little guy... 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    Interesting action today.

    I am so unfamiliar with the market selling off in the last few years that todays action actually shocks me.


    You didnt like the pump and dump??? Did the same thing the other day.. the next day market went up.. But now they will trick you , tomorrow the market will tank again... This market is sick and we are headed for 17,300   It is a scam and has never been more corrupt.. Not one person today can explain why the market did what it did.. They are using Oil as a smoke screen for something else.. Maybe they will be pulling the plug soon.. So all the big boys are getting out now .. we are raising rates soon, so it is only a matter of time.. Pulling QE3 was one thing, they sucked in more longs with the run up from October , now they will pull the plug on the little guy... 
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2015 - 7:28 PM ET #166

    Of course being sarcastic..

    This market rarely sells off into the close, and today they pumped, dumped and bot back..

    I dont think anything will change until what works is broken and they dont buy the dips at 3-5% drops..
    Reply
    Of course being sarcastic..

    This market rarely sells off into the close, and today they pumped, dumped and bot back..

    I dont think anything will change until what works is broken and they dont buy the dips at 3-5% drops..
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: Jan. 15, 2015 - 8:00 AM ET #167

    USD/CHF

    EU/CHF

    Reply
    USD/CHF

    EU/CHF

     
    Knoxpoker
    Knoxpoker
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 1244
    Posted: Jan. 15, 2015 - 2:57 PM ET #168

    Quote Originally Posted by Knoxpoker:



    You didnt like the pump and dump??? Did the same thing the other day.. the next day market went up.. But now they will trick you , tomorrow the market will tank again... This market is sick and we are headed for 17,300   It is a scam and has never been more corrupt.. Not one person today can explain why the market did what it did.. They are using Oil as a smoke screen for something else.. Maybe they will be pulling the plug soon.. So all the big boys are getting out now .. we are raising rates soon, so it is only a matter of time.. Pulling QE3 was one thing, they sucked in more longs with the run up from October , now they will pull the plug on the little guy... 


    Ok look at the charts and I posted the above statement on the close of Tuesday.. Where did we bounce??? 17,300   ... That level held thru 3 hard tries to get thru, and could not.. So I would look for a small down move tomorrow followed by some sort of up day.. But it friday going into a 3 day weekend so not much after 12 noon..

    There is so much air under 17,300 , if the market broke that we would be in for a long haul pullback.. So a bounce there was not a surprise at all.. 

    I have watched this market and it's rhythm and understand it completely.  

    There are 2 spots on the downside that will stop a down move.. 17,198 and 17,068.. If we get below 17,000 panic will set in and go down at least 500 more.. So keeping it up right now is a smart move.. they will pull the plug in the summer.. last summer was great for the market , this summer will bankrupt the retail investor, and there will be margin calls all over the place..
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Knoxpoker:



    You didnt like the pump and dump??? Did the same thing the other day.. the next day market went up.. But now they will trick you , tomorrow the market will tank again... This market is sick and we are headed for 17,300   It is a scam and has never been more corrupt.. Not one person today can explain why the market did what it did.. They are using Oil as a smoke screen for something else.. Maybe they will be pulling the plug soon.. So all the big boys are getting out now .. we are raising rates soon, so it is only a matter of time.. Pulling QE3 was one thing, they sucked in more longs with the run up from October , now they will pull the plug on the little guy... 


    Ok look at the charts and I posted the above statement on the close of Tuesday.. Where did we bounce??? 17,300   ... That level held thru 3 hard tries to get thru, and could not.. So I would look for a small down move tomorrow followed by some sort of up day.. But it friday going into a 3 day weekend so not much after 12 noon..

    There is so much air under 17,300 , if the market broke that we would be in for a long haul pullback.. So a bounce there was not a surprise at all.. 

    I have watched this market and it's rhythm and understand it completely.  

    There are 2 spots on the downside that will stop a down move.. 17,198 and 17,068.. If we get below 17,000 panic will set in and go down at least 500 more.. So keeping it up right now is a smart move.. they will pull the plug in the summer.. last summer was great for the market , this summer will bankrupt the retail investor, and there will be margin calls all over the place..
     
    Knoxpoker
    Knoxpoker
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 1244
    Posted: Jan. 15, 2015 - 3:05 PM ET #169

    Here are some thoughts on the USD/YEN..

    Caught this pair a couple of times since tuesday.. 

    3 levels to watch.. 117.182  we already broke that level and retested it in todays new york session..

    next level... 116.748 could get touch of that level than another down move.. 

    next level .. 115.347  I think that is a bottom.. I can see this going positive for tomorrow new daily candle.. If you use FXCM it would be the 5pm candle.. Once Asian market opens and I see a down move to about 115.350 I Will go long if I see a signal there . If no at that level, I will wait until it goes below and come back up and holds or see a signal after it passes that level that it can move higher..
    Reply
    Here are some thoughts on the USD/YEN..

    Caught this pair a couple of times since tuesday.. 

    3 levels to watch.. 117.182  we already broke that level and retested it in todays new york session..

    next level... 116.748 could get touch of that level than another down move.. 

    next level .. 115.347  I think that is a bottom.. I can see this going positive for tomorrow new daily candle.. If you use FXCM it would be the 5pm candle.. Once Asian market opens and I see a down move to about 115.350 I Will go long if I see a signal there . If no at that level, I will wait until it goes below and come back up and holds or see a signal after it passes that level that it can move higher..
     
    Knoxpoker
    Knoxpoker
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 1244
    Posted: Jan. 15, 2015 - 3:20 PM ET #170

    I can say this .. Deep technical analysis is the only way to go.. trading fundamentals is primitive at this point. The news and info put out is there to confuse and lead the average Joe in the wrong direction. Look at BlackBerry yesterday BBRY.. Another pump and dump. There is so much insider trading and corruption in these markets it is unreal. If someone is not in "the loop" it is a losing game. That is the main reason I stick with the Forex markets, the news is posted and on the day and time it comes out , it can be traded. It is a lot more fail letting people know there is news coming and the little guy can trade it the minute it comes out .. 
    Reply
    I can say this .. Deep technical analysis is the only way to go.. trading fundamentals is primitive at this point. The news and info put out is there to confuse and lead the average Joe in the wrong direction. Look at BlackBerry yesterday BBRY.. Another pump and dump. There is so much insider trading and corruption in these markets it is unreal. If someone is not in "the loop" it is a losing game. That is the main reason I stick with the Forex markets, the news is posted and on the day and time it comes out , it can be traded. It is a lot more fail letting people know there is news coming and the little guy can trade it the minute it comes out .. 
     
    Knoxpoker
    Knoxpoker
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 1244
    Posted: Jan. 15, 2015 - 3:27 PM ET #171

    Quote Originally Posted by ldcpicks:

    Look for AUD/USD short at 0.8200 and look to get a sell order on NZD/USD at 0.7843 These 2 are strong sell signals at the moment.

    here are the 3 levels for tonight and tomorrow trading..

    on AUD/USD

    82.352

    81.989

    81.652
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ldcpicks:

    Look for AUD/USD short at 0.8200 and look to get a sell order on NZD/USD at 0.7843 These 2 are strong sell signals at the moment.

    here are the 3 levels for tonight and tomorrow trading..

    on AUD/USD

    82.352

    81.989

    81.652
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: Jan. 15, 2015 - 5:05 PM ET #172

    This CHF move is really shaking the markets..

    It will mean some massive losses for financial institutions who felt that the peg was forever and they were shorting these pair to gain the net interest credit...

    Might mean some ripples in the days to come.

    I tried and will keep in a buy order at .82, I thought I had a shot when they knifed it down through 86 not long ago.
    Reply
    This CHF move is really shaking the markets..

    It will mean some massive losses for financial institutions who felt that the peg was forever and they were shorting these pair to gain the net interest credit...

    Might mean some ripples in the days to come.

    I tried and will keep in a buy order at .82, I thought I had a shot when they knifed it down through 86 not long ago.
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: Jan. 16, 2015 - 11:21 AM ET #173

    I am back in the market looking again.

    I put in a request to close my acct at FXCM after that news today, plus I had some big gripes after I was forced to transfer to them..their deposit speed is horrible, they dont have metals or commodities available to trade.

    I do like their spreads and how they seem to be open longer than previous FXDD but the downside of their capital issues after this CHF mess and how their deposit crediting is a mess..I decided to pull.

    So now I am having to look up brokers that offer tight spreads, streaming news (FXCM does not have through platform) fast deposit crediting and commodity options...
    Reply
    I am back in the market looking again.

    I put in a request to close my acct at FXCM after that news today, plus I had some big gripes after I was forced to transfer to them..their deposit speed is horrible, they dont have metals or commodities available to trade.

    I do like their spreads and how they seem to be open longer than previous FXDD but the downside of their capital issues after this CHF mess and how their deposit crediting is a mess..I decided to pull.

    So now I am having to look up brokers that offer tight spreads, streaming news (FXCM does not have through platform) fast deposit crediting and commodity options...
     
    Knoxpoker
    Knoxpoker
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 1244
    Posted: Jan. 16, 2015 - 11:51 AM ET #174

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    I am back in the market looking again.

    I put in a request to close my acct at FXCM after that news today, plus I had some big gripes after I was forced to transfer to them..their deposit speed is horrible, they dont have metals or commodities available to trade.

    I do like their spreads and how they seem to be open longer than previous FXDD but the downside of their capital issues after this CHF mess and how their deposit crediting is a mess..I decided to pull.

    So now I am having to look up brokers that offer tight spreads, streaming news (FXCM does not have through platform) fast deposit crediting and commodity options...

    Wal,l I am sweating over here , I did the same thing at 9 AM when I heard the news.. This is not good.. I never had a problem with FXCM I get withdrawals in 3 days , and I usually do 3 -4 a month..

    I just hope this is not going to be a crazy thing. I have a nice amount of cash in there ... 

    I might might start day trading Dow e-minis and S&P minis .. I call  the market moves intraday at like 95 percent.. I like forex because I love the platform and do not feel like learning a new one.. The technicals are the same no matter what you are trading.. Stocks are the worst unless its long term.. Single stock day trades is like suicide unless you know the scam...

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-01-16/fxcm-said-to-be-in-talks-with-jefferies-for-200-million-rescue.html

     


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    I am back in the market looking again.

    I put in a request to close my acct at FXCM after that news today, plus I had some big gripes after I was forced to transfer to them..their deposit speed is horrible, they dont have metals or commodities available to trade.

    I do like their spreads and how they seem to be open longer than previous FXDD but the downside of their capital issues after this CHF mess and how their deposit crediting is a mess..I decided to pull.

    So now I am having to look up brokers that offer tight spreads, streaming news (FXCM does not have through platform) fast deposit crediting and commodity options...

    Wal,l I am sweating over here , I did the same thing at 9 AM when I heard the news.. This is not good.. I never had a problem with FXCM I get withdrawals in 3 days , and I usually do 3 -4 a month..

    I just hope this is not going to be a crazy thing. I have a nice amount of cash in there ... 

    I might might start day trading Dow e-minis and S&P minis .. I call  the market moves intraday at like 95 percent.. I like forex because I love the platform and do not feel like learning a new one.. The technicals are the same no matter what you are trading.. Stocks are the worst unless its long term.. Single stock day trades is like suicide unless you know the scam...

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-01-16/fxcm-said-to-be-in-talks-with-jefferies-for-200-million-rescue.html

     


     
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: Jan. 16, 2015 - 12:06 PM ET #175

    Yeah I think they will be ok..

    Ever since the move from FXDD I just did not like how their speed of deposit is so slow.

    With FXDD if I deposited that money was credited in like 2 minutes..FXCM not at all the case and if you need to make a deposit on the fly forget it.

    I also had an issue with entering a limit buy to close a short position and I could never get it to take, so a few times I missed out...they claim it is from the hedging rule but that makes no sense to me. I've never experienced the rejection of an execution on a limit order in the system and it happens all the time there.

    So this is just an excuse to bail on them.

    I noticed two Swiss brokers failed today..makes me think whatever I end up switching to is going to be worse..like when Pinny went out for the US markets..the good guys go down and force us to use the crappy ones.
    Reply
    Yeah I think they will be ok..

    Ever since the move from FXDD I just did not like how their speed of deposit is so slow.

    With FXDD if I deposited that money was credited in like 2 minutes..FXCM not at all the case and if you need to make a deposit on the fly forget it.

    I also had an issue with entering a limit buy to close a short position and I could never get it to take, so a few times I missed out...they claim it is from the hedging rule but that makes no sense to me. I've never experienced the rejection of an execution on a limit order in the system and it happens all the time there.

    So this is just an excuse to bail on them.

    I noticed two Swiss brokers failed today..makes me think whatever I end up switching to is going to be worse..like when Pinny went out for the US markets..the good guys go down and force us to use the crappy ones.
    All Forums | Investments
    «First Previous 123 ... 678 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,737
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,198
    • Eagles vs Bears in-game live MNF 2,834
    • PART DEUX 288
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,289
    • Monday 09/28/2026 819
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,007
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,469
    • Eagles@Bears discussion 3,721
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,507

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.