For me its been a total being on the other side of risk for the last X months. This market and thus the FX market has been straight risk forever it seems.
I had no idea the central banks would be able to corner the markets like this, will it continue???
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
For me its been a total being on the other side of risk for the last X months. This market and thus the FX market has been straight risk forever it seems.
I had no idea the central banks would be able to corner the markets like this, will it continue???
Closed that trade for +70 pips..I think it might drop even more but I figured if I can get out now maybe I can make another trade this week and not be stuck if this happens to reverse..
Closed that trade for +70 pips..I think it might drop even more but I figured if I can get out now maybe I can make another trade this week and not be stuck if this happens to reverse..
What caught me as interesting about the Euro was the issue of foreign flows out..that has longer term implications and could mean a slow drip down for the Euro.
I have no idea how or why the Euro is above par vs the USD but for sure why it is over 1.20.
What caught me as interesting about the Euro was the issue of foreign flows out..that has longer term implications and could mean a slow drip down for the Euro.
I have no idea how or why the Euro is above par vs the USD but for sure why it is over 1.20.
There really hasn't been any kind of trend lower for Euro for some time now..not one that lasted and made a real impact any.Its been unbreakable for the most part.
There really hasn't been any kind of trend lower for Euro for some time now..not one that lasted and made a real impact any.Its been unbreakable for the most part.
If you got the chance to add youll be in the money again soon..low 171s again this coming week Still love the monthly chart on that pair, weekly is a bit in limbo though so maybe she pushes even higher, kinda hard to make a case for that but this is fairytale forex land after all
If you got the chance to add youll be in the money again soon..low 171s again this coming week Still love the monthly chart on that pair, weekly is a bit in limbo though so maybe she pushes even higher, kinda hard to make a case for that but this is fairytale forex land after all
I am more worried about the macro..same reason I was worried for you on the Yen short you did a while back, that the underlying risks are bad and make for a tough road.
They mentioned maybe raising rates earlier than the market expects..thats BAD news for a LB short, and their real estate strength has put a floor under the currency going back a year. It has moved up what 2000 pips this year?
I remember last year I was long the LB and I was stopped out on the day of a HUGE drop, stupid broker stopped me out on the DIME, seriously..right at the bottom. I was out and would have done an instant deposit..
Anyway the LB looks mega strong, probably the strongest out there right now. I am a bit surprised they want it to keep being strong, that is very negative for exports?
I am more worried about the macro..same reason I was worried for you on the Yen short you did a while back, that the underlying risks are bad and make for a tough road.
They mentioned maybe raising rates earlier than the market expects..thats BAD news for a LB short, and their real estate strength has put a floor under the currency going back a year. It has moved up what 2000 pips this year?
I remember last year I was long the LB and I was stopped out on the day of a HUGE drop, stupid broker stopped me out on the DIME, seriously..right at the bottom. I was out and would have done an instant deposit..
Anyway the LB looks mega strong, probably the strongest out there right now. I am a bit surprised they want it to keep being strong, that is very negative for exports?
LB def one of the strongest currencies right now..I guess we will have to wait and see but it seems as though there is always bad news around the corner for everybody
LB def one of the strongest currencies right now..I guess we will have to wait and see but it seems as though there is always bad news around the corner for everybody
I've analyzed their economy and it seems housing is pulling all the growth, that productivity isnt back to pre-crisis levels and GDP is not killing it outside of housing.
I dont see how their currency is up 20% in a year given the shallow nature of their recovery.
Unlike Japan who came with a full blown heavy QE plan, I have not seen anything outside their housing inflation which might lead to raising rates that justifies that kind of move...
Yeah it is interesting..
I've analyzed their economy and it seems housing is pulling all the growth, that productivity isnt back to pre-crisis levels and GDP is not killing it outside of housing.
I dont see how their currency is up 20% in a year given the shallow nature of their recovery.
Unlike Japan who came with a full blown heavy QE plan, I have not seen anything outside their housing inflation which might lead to raising rates that justifies that kind of move...
Another 10 taper and another lowering growth forecast for the economy.
The state of this market is so easy to see, when would you imagine that the FED lowering the growth rate for the economy to a level which is borderline considered recessionary as a POSITIVE for the stock market?
Since the stock market is not concerned about earnings, growth or the economy ONLY on what the FED will do to interest rates, and thus their leveraged stock holdings..we are observing how the sole concern to this market is how cheap they can borrow and how long it will continue.
ho-hum..
Another 10 taper and another lowering growth forecast for the economy.
The state of this market is so easy to see, when would you imagine that the FED lowering the growth rate for the economy to a level which is borderline considered recessionary as a POSITIVE for the stock market?
Since the stock market is not concerned about earnings, growth or the economy ONLY on what the FED will do to interest rates, and thus their leveraged stock holdings..we are observing how the sole concern to this market is how cheap they can borrow and how long it will continue.