• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Basketball

    2012 Kempom System

    «First Previous 555657 ... 777879 Next Last»
    ryno23
    cutebrute
    thomthekid
    gfdog
    Imprezive97
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 495609
    Posts: 1969
    «First Previous 555657 ... 777879 Next Last»
     
    ryno23
    ryno23
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 3020
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2014 - 4:56 PM ET #1351

    Quote Originally Posted by Imprezive97:

    Do you have any information on how this system plays out regarding KenPom's point difference vs. the spread?

    For example in the 3 games we have for today KenPom predicts the final results:

    Furman loses 76-64 (difference of 12 points vs. spread of 13)
    Southern Utah loses 70-56 (difference of 14 points vs. spread of 10.5)
    Fairfield loses 67-59 (difference of 8 points vs. spread of 8)

    As you can see the Furman and Fairfield spreads are right around the KenPom numbers.  However, the Southern Utah game is 3.5 points from where we might expect it to be.  On the surface it appears that Southern Utah might not be as strong of a play as the other two.  However, the way I've been playing these differences, even in other games that don't fit the system, is to make a larger play on the team who is giving up those few extra points.  It's a counterintuitive play.  Perhaps I'm wrong with this and would like to know how you guys feel about it.  Here's what I mean.

    So for example, let's take the Southern Utah game.  Predicted 70-56.  14 point difference.  I would make a larger play on this game if the point spread is 10.5 like it is as opposed to say 17.5.  Some of you are probably thinking Imprezive's an idiot.  Why would he value getting just 10.5 MORE than getting 17.5 points?  And my reasoning is Vegas knows something or has somehow factored in SOMETHING to make the spread at 10.5 as opposed to the 14 that it should be or the 17.5 that it could be. 

    I've noticed that if you compare the KenPom game predictions to the actual spreads that that the good majority are almost spot on.  Furman and Fairfield are great examples of that.  And the good majority of games are like that too.  KenPom usually comes very close to the spread.  So what would posses Vegas to set a line 3 points one way or the other?  This is what I don't understand.  Not just why they do it, but also what is the correct play?  And I'd like to hear your thoughts. 

    I'll leave you with one more example from today's games that fits what I'm talking about.  It is NOT a system play, but just want to throw it out there to see who you would pick and why you think the line is the way it is.  Miami @ Florida State -5.  Ken Pom predicts a score of 62-54.  That's predicting an 8 point FSU win, but yet the line is at 5.  Here's where you can feel free to bash me for being an idiot or saying yeah that's spot on.  In this example if I had to bet, I'd take Miami +5.  And my angle is there has got to be some sort of mathematical reason or whatever that Vegas didn't set the line around 8.  They're not in the business of giving away money.  And you can't say it's about the big name of Miami or any of that because this example doesn't seem any different than the Southern Utah game today.  And that one is particularly intriguing. 

    So Las Vegas, you mean to tell me that about the worst team in all of Division 1 ball according to Ken Pom, Southern Utah, is going to get just 10.5 points as opposed to the 14 they should be getting!?!?  Does this not scream for suckers to bet Sacramento State?  Does this not mean that us, the savvy betters (term loosely as I've been sucking hard), should bet on Southern Utah because we know Vegas doesn't just hand out these gifts?  

    What is your angle on this guys?  Am I over thinking this or am I onto something?  CJM says he likes Furman the best today and I'll be on them and the other 2 because of this system.  But to me, I like Southern Utah the best. 

    Thanks for your help guys and thank you for sharing this system with us. 

    imprezive,

    well thought out analysis and work by you.any angle we can try and get helps. I will only speak for myself....I trust the system as it has made me money(and 'pre' system) last 3 years so I don't get into all the work that you are doing trying to figure out why vegas would set a line a couple points  different than kenpom rankings and estimates. I would drive myself whacky trying to figure out  what makes the linesmakers tick and set numbers for whatever reason and there are plenty of intangables    from which they can do this. again, if we could know why they would set a number  we need to take our talents elsewhere.i continue to believe that vegas sets lines to get + money, doesn't always work that way, as we know money can move lines, as well as a number of other things. so without further  comment..as a recovering alcoholic I try to keep it simple and  just wager system and don't 'confuse' myself. again, we are garden variety bettors and everyone is different. just giving my two cents here!  gl tonight! ryno

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Imprezive97:

    Do you have any information on how this system plays out regarding KenPom's point difference vs. the spread?

    For example in the 3 games we have for today KenPom predicts the final results:

    Furman loses 76-64 (difference of 12 points vs. spread of 13)
    Southern Utah loses 70-56 (difference of 14 points vs. spread of 10.5)
    Fairfield loses 67-59 (difference of 8 points vs. spread of 8)

    As you can see the Furman and Fairfield spreads are right around the KenPom numbers.  However, the Southern Utah game is 3.5 points from where we might expect it to be.  On the surface it appears that Southern Utah might not be as strong of a play as the other two.  However, the way I've been playing these differences, even in other games that don't fit the system, is to make a larger play on the team who is giving up those few extra points.  It's a counterintuitive play.  Perhaps I'm wrong with this and would like to know how you guys feel about it.  Here's what I mean.

    So for example, let's take the Southern Utah game.  Predicted 70-56.  14 point difference.  I would make a larger play on this game if the point spread is 10.5 like it is as opposed to say 17.5.  Some of you are probably thinking Imprezive's an idiot.  Why would he value getting just 10.5 MORE than getting 17.5 points?  And my reasoning is Vegas knows something or has somehow factored in SOMETHING to make the spread at 10.5 as opposed to the 14 that it should be or the 17.5 that it could be. 

    I've noticed that if you compare the KenPom game predictions to the actual spreads that that the good majority are almost spot on.  Furman and Fairfield are great examples of that.  And the good majority of games are like that too.  KenPom usually comes very close to the spread.  So what would posses Vegas to set a line 3 points one way or the other?  This is what I don't understand.  Not just why they do it, but also what is the correct play?  And I'd like to hear your thoughts. 

    I'll leave you with one more example from today's games that fits what I'm talking about.  It is NOT a system play, but just want to throw it out there to see who you would pick and why you think the line is the way it is.  Miami @ Florida State -5.  Ken Pom predicts a score of 62-54.  That's predicting an 8 point FSU win, but yet the line is at 5.  Here's where you can feel free to bash me for being an idiot or saying yeah that's spot on.  In this example if I had to bet, I'd take Miami +5.  And my angle is there has got to be some sort of mathematical reason or whatever that Vegas didn't set the line around 8.  They're not in the business of giving away money.  And you can't say it's about the big name of Miami or any of that because this example doesn't seem any different than the Southern Utah game today.  And that one is particularly intriguing. 

    So Las Vegas, you mean to tell me that about the worst team in all of Division 1 ball according to Ken Pom, Southern Utah, is going to get just 10.5 points as opposed to the 14 they should be getting!?!?  Does this not scream for suckers to bet Sacramento State?  Does this not mean that us, the savvy betters (term loosely as I've been sucking hard), should bet on Southern Utah because we know Vegas doesn't just hand out these gifts?  

    What is your angle on this guys?  Am I over thinking this or am I onto something?  CJM says he likes Furman the best today and I'll be on them and the other 2 because of this system.  But to me, I like Southern Utah the best. 

    Thanks for your help guys and thank you for sharing this system with us. 

    imprezive,

    well thought out analysis and work by you.any angle we can try and get helps. I will only speak for myself....I trust the system as it has made me money(and 'pre' system) last 3 years so I don't get into all the work that you are doing trying to figure out why vegas would set a line a couple points  different than kenpom rankings and estimates. I would drive myself whacky trying to figure out  what makes the linesmakers tick and set numbers for whatever reason and there are plenty of intangables    from which they can do this. again, if we could know why they would set a number  we need to take our talents elsewhere.i continue to believe that vegas sets lines to get + money, doesn't always work that way, as we know money can move lines, as well as a number of other things. so without further  comment..as a recovering alcoholic I try to keep it simple and  just wager system and don't 'confuse' myself. again, we are garden variety bettors and everyone is different. just giving my two cents here!  gl tonight! ryno

     
    ryno23
    ryno23
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 3020
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2014 - 4:59 PM ET #1352

    case in point- Fairfield, + 8 opener,  I grabbed it at opener.....line moves to +7....  why? could it be money or....who knows...but im glad I got it early.  further....is it now a system play?    Kine says yes! im with him on this......and ill take Fairfield and try to win more than I lose tonight..gl ryno
    Reply
    case in point- Fairfield, + 8 opener,  I grabbed it at opener.....line moves to +7....  why? could it be money or....who knows...but im glad I got it early.  further....is it now a system play?    Kine says yes! im with him on this......and ill take Fairfield and try to win more than I lose tonight..gl ryno
     
    cutebrute
    cutebrute
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2002
    Posts: 4128
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2014 - 5:00 PM ET #1353

    Thx ryno for your input.  
    Reply
    Thx ryno for your input.  
     
    thomthekid
    thomthekid
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 779
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2014 - 5:24 PM ET #1354

    Quote Originally Posted by ryno23:

    divot...I was playing them but after Saturday I might just go light on just the ones I like.......was far as money lines….then system starts Thursday ill throw 25 to 50 on ml   if they are true system fit.

     gl today!   ryno

     


    Respect your skills.  However Kine said once you are playing ML you are "no longer playing system".  Have you tweaked system to benefit your leans?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ryno23:

    divot...I was playing them but after Saturday I might just go light on just the ones I like.......was far as money lines….then system starts Thursday ill throw 25 to 50 on ml   if they are true system fit.

     gl today!   ryno

     


    Respect your skills.  However Kine said once you are playing ML you are "no longer playing system".  Have you tweaked system to benefit your leans?
     
    thomthekid
    thomthekid
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 779
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2014 - 5:27 PM ET #1355

    Messed up when I tried to highlight.
    Reply
    Messed up when I tried to highlight.
     
    gfdog
    gfdog
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2013
    Posts: 126
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2014 - 5:57 PM ET #1356

    Imprezive, I tried a system based on what you're saying and found that at the beginning of the season, it was profitable Then as the season progressed, it became more 50/50. One thing I found odd was that following that system on Saturdays got me killed. I finally gave up on it and haven't tracked it since but I doubt it would be profitable longterm. Just my two cents.
    Reply
    Imprezive, I tried a system based on what you're saying and found that at the beginning of the season, it was profitable Then as the season progressed, it became more 50/50. One thing I found odd was that following that system on Saturdays got me killed. I finally gave up on it and haven't tracked it since but I doubt it would be profitable longterm. Just my two cents.
     
    ryno23
    ryno23
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 3020
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2014 - 6:11 PM ET #1357

    Quote Originally Posted by thomthekid:


    Respect your skills.  However Kine said once you are playing ML you are "no longer playing system".  Have you tweaked system to benefit your leans?
    it is just a personal thing I like to do thom,  I don't even know the win percentage  for ml dogs in system that win....I don't wager much on it.just like to have a sprinkle on them just in case....all good....no tweeks or adjustments...just playin the system!  gl tonight!  ryno
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by thomthekid:


    Respect your skills.  However Kine said once you are playing ML you are "no longer playing system".  Have you tweaked system to benefit your leans?
    it is just a personal thing I like to do thom,  I don't even know the win percentage  for ml dogs in system that win....I don't wager much on it.just like to have a sprinkle on them just in case....all good....no tweeks or adjustments...just playin the system!  gl tonight!  ryno
     
    Imprezive97
    Imprezive97
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 2018
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2014 - 6:13 PM ET #1358

    Thanks guys I appreciate your feedback.  Alright I'm a bit of an action junkie so I'll take

    Furman +13
    Southern Utah +10.5
    Fairfield +7 (although I'm not sure this is still a play at this line but what the hell)

    I'm coming off one of my worst days ever which brought me to this thread.  I hope that this system and the new week will bring lots of luck.  GL all
    Reply
    Thanks guys I appreciate your feedback.  Alright I'm a bit of an action junkie so I'll take

    Furman +13
    Southern Utah +10.5
    Fairfield +7 (although I'm not sure this is still a play at this line but what the hell)

    I'm coming off one of my worst days ever which brought me to this thread.  I hope that this system and the new week will bring lots of luck.  GL all
     
    JimmyJet
    JimmyJet
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 1332
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2014 - 6:33 PM ET #1359

    I have Furman +13, S Utah +11.5 and Fairfield +8. Will follow this system. Good luck to all. Thanks for posting.
    Reply
    I have Furman +13, S Utah +11.5 and Fairfield +8. Will follow this system. Good luck to all. Thanks for posting.
     
    uclalumnus
    uclalumnus
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 3215
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2014 - 6:48 PM ET #1360

    Quote Originally Posted by gfdog:

    Imprezive, I tried a system based on what you're saying and found that at the beginning of the season, it was profitable Then as the season progressed, it became more 50/50. One thing I found odd was that following that system on Saturdays got me killed. I finally gave up on it and haven't tracked it since but I doubt it would be profitable longterm. Just my two cents.

    Probably because Saturdays are one of the few times fans will show up to support crappy teams at home.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by gfdog:

    Imprezive, I tried a system based on what you're saying and found that at the beginning of the season, it was profitable Then as the season progressed, it became more 50/50. One thing I found odd was that following that system on Saturdays got me killed. I finally gave up on it and haven't tracked it since but I doubt it would be profitable longterm. Just my two cents.

    Probably because Saturdays are one of the few times fans will show up to support crappy teams at home.  
     
    thomthekid
    thomthekid
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 779
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2014 - 6:51 PM ET #1361

    Quote Originally Posted by ryno23:

    it is just a personal thing I like to do thom,  I don't even know the win percentage  for ml dogs in system that win....I don't wager much on it.just like to have a sprinkle on them just in case....all good....no tweeks or adjustments...just playin the system!  gl tonight!  ryno

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ryno23:

    it is just a personal thing I like to do thom,  I don't even know the win percentage  for ml dogs in system that win....I don't wager much on it.just like to have a sprinkle on them just in case....all good....no tweeks or adjustments...just playin the system!  gl tonight!  ryno

     
    CBARocks
    CBARocks
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 48
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2014 - 7:48 PM ET #1362

    Reply
     
    JimmyJet
    JimmyJet
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 1332
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2014 - 7:59 PM ET #1363

    Fairfield and Furman both have lead at halftime. Winners if played 1st half line.
    Reply
    Fairfield and Furman both have lead at halftime. Winners if played 1st half line.
     
    Imprezive97
    Imprezive97
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 2018
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2014 - 8:04 PM ET #1364

    Hoping they keep it competitive in the second half!!! Loving the looks of these bets.  This system could be my golden ticket! 
    Reply
    Hoping they keep it competitive in the second half!!! Loving the looks of these bets.  This system could be my golden ticket! 
     
    ryno23
    ryno23
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 3020
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2014 - 8:15 PM ET #1365

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJet:

    Fairfield and Furman both have lead at halftime. Winners if played 1st half line.

     yep jimmy...I do half units on these halfs and ml....    hold on tight these 'crap' teams get the heart rate pumping!   lets get it..ryno

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJet:

    Fairfield and Furman both have lead at halftime. Winners if played 1st half line.

     yep jimmy...I do half units on these halfs and ml....    hold on tight these 'crap' teams get the heart rate pumping!   lets get it..ryno

     
    thakidd
    thakidd
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 197
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2014 - 8:59 PM ET #1366

    Quote Originally Posted by ryno23:

    imprezive,

    well thought out analysis and work by you.any angle we can try and get helps. I will only speak for myself....I trust the system as it has made me money(and 'pre' system) last 3 years so I don't get into all the work that you are doing trying to figure out why vegas would set a line a couple points  different than kenpom rankings and estimates. I would drive myself whacky trying to figure out  what makes the linesmakers tick and set numbers for whatever reason and there are plenty of intangables    from which they can do this. again, if we could know why they would set a number  we need to take our talents elsewhere.i continue to believe that vegas sets lines to get + money, doesn't always work that way, as we know money can move lines, as well as a number of other things. so without further  comment..as a recovering alcoholic I try to keep it simple and  just wager system and don't 'confuse' myself. again, we are garden variety bettors and everyone is different. just giving my two cents here!  gl tonight! ryno

    I noticed a system based on this a while back but I think it was on teams in general.  It may be worth it to track teams that are in the same pool as this system.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ryno23:

    imprezive,

    well thought out analysis and work by you.any angle we can try and get helps. I will only speak for myself....I trust the system as it has made me money(and 'pre' system) last 3 years so I don't get into all the work that you are doing trying to figure out why vegas would set a line a couple points  different than kenpom rankings and estimates. I would drive myself whacky trying to figure out  what makes the linesmakers tick and set numbers for whatever reason and there are plenty of intangables    from which they can do this. again, if we could know why they would set a number  we need to take our talents elsewhere.i continue to believe that vegas sets lines to get + money, doesn't always work that way, as we know money can move lines, as well as a number of other things. so without further  comment..as a recovering alcoholic I try to keep it simple and  just wager system and don't 'confuse' myself. again, we are garden variety bettors and everyone is different. just giving my two cents here!  gl tonight! ryno

    I noticed a system based on this a while back but I think it was on teams in general.  It may be worth it to track teams that are in the same pool as this system.  
     
    KineProfessor
    KineProfessor
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 4619
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2014 - 9:00 PM ET #1367

    Reply
     
    KineProfessor
    KineProfessor
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 4619
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2014 - 9:01 PM ET #1368

    I might have to let this thread bet all my system plays way down and then go back huge the other way!  Best of luck to you all - more importantly than the system is understanding the flaws in how lines are made and how to exploit them - also works well with betting mma as well as a few other sports as well
    Reply
    I might have to let this thread bet all my system plays way down and then go back huge the other way!  Best of luck to you all - more importantly than the system is understanding the flaws in how lines are made and how to exploit them - also works well with betting mma as well as a few other sports as well
     
    Imprezive97
    Imprezive97
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 2018
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2014 - 9:09 PM ET #1369



    Great hit on the first 2.  And now for the trifecta -- Southern Utah !!! 

    HERE WE GO!!


    Reply


    Great hit on the first 2.  And now for the trifecta -- Southern Utah !!! 

    HERE WE GO!!


     
    JimmyJet
    JimmyJet
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 1332
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2014 - 9:14 PM ET #1370

    Congrats ryno on halves and games. Thanks for posting this system. For me games are enough. Good luck to you on halves and ML. From Saturday plays and todays plays am ahead. Will keep following. Bets of luck....
    Reply
    Congrats ryno on halves and games. Thanks for posting this system. For me games are enough. Good luck to you on halves and ML. From Saturday plays and todays plays am ahead. Will keep following. Bets of luck....
     
    Imprezive97
    Imprezive97
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 2018
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2014 - 9:44 PM ET #1371

    Southern Utah down to +10 and juiced too!  Man this is gonna be great!! 
    Reply
    Southern Utah down to +10 and juiced too!  Man this is gonna be great!! 
     
    JimmyJet
    JimmyJet
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 1332
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2014 - 10:48 PM ET #1372

    Want to learn to look for system plays on my own so checked overnight lines and see no plays for tomorrow. Is that correct?
    Reply
    Want to learn to look for system plays on my own so checked overnight lines and see no plays for tomorrow. Is that correct?
     
    TxPride
    TxPride
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2013
    Posts: 548
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2014 - 11:17 PM ET #1373

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJet:

    Want to learn to look for system plays on my own so checked overnight lines and see no plays for tomorrow. Is that correct?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJet:

    Want to learn to look for system plays on my own so checked overnight lines and see no plays for tomorrow. Is that correct?
     
    TxPride
    TxPride
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2013
    Posts: 548
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2014 - 11:18 PM ET #1374

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJet:

    Want to learn to look for system plays on my own so checked overnight lines and see no plays for tomorrow. Is that correct?

    I didn't see any either 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJet:

    Want to learn to look for system plays on my own so checked overnight lines and see no plays for tomorrow. Is that correct?

    I didn't see any either 
     
     
    JimmyJet
    JimmyJet
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 1332
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2014 - 11:59 PM ET #1375

    2-1 with last game only lost by half point, Loving the system...thanks.
    Reply
    2-1 with last game only lost by half point, Loving the system...thanks.
    All Forums | College Basketball
    «First Previous 555657 ... 777879 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,391
    • Friday 10/09/2026 478
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 270,669
    • PART DEUX 197
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,857
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 37,968
    • Week 6 Money 11,588
    • FRYDAY 5,219
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 20,100
    • ***Macwesties * Fri. October. 09, 2026 * NCAAF * Week #6 * College Football Plays*** 4,356

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.