Super Bowl MVP Odds: Favored Mahomes Crowned a Third Time

Which player will shine brightest in the Super Bowl? Get odds, insights, tips, and strategies to make a smart pick for your Super Bowl MVP bets.

Feb 13, 2024 • 10:27 ET • 4 min read
Patrick Mahomes Kansas City Chiefs NFL
Photo By - USA TODAY Sports

Super Bowl 58 was the biggest sporting event of the year in North America, and as it so often does, it came down to the elite shining on the biggest stage.

In addition to betting on Super Bowl odds for the game itself, another popular NFL futures market is who will emerge as the top player on the big night: Super Bowl MVP. This outcome is crucial to the game, unlike many novelty Super Bowl props, and becomes available as soon as the NFL Playoffs begin.

For the most recent edition, that was Patrick Mahomes. The Chiefs QB entered the Big Game the betting favorite to win MVP and delivered late despite a slow start, finishing with 399 total yards and two passing TDs in his third Super Bowl victory.

Latest Super Bowl MVP odds analysis

2/12/24, 10:00 a.m. ET: Was there ever a doubt? Down 10 in the first half, down three late in the fourth quarter, and down three in overtime. That's what Patrick Mahomes helped the Chiefs overcome to win yet another Super Bowl and the signal-caller was rewarded with a third Super Bowl MVP after entering the game the favorite at +130.

Best NFL bonuses

BetMGM New Users
Get a no-sweat first bet
Up to $1,500Claim Now

bet365 All Users
Instant ML bet payout
If your team goes up by 17+! Claim Now

Eligible USA locations only. Also, see our full list of best sportsbook promotions for 2024.
21+. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER

How is the Super Bowl MVP decided?

The Super Bowl MVP is decided after the conclusion of the game by a panel of 16 NFL journalists (writers and broadcasters) as well as a fan vote (online and mobile), which was added in 2001.

The panel makes up 80% of the voting, while the fan vote makes up the remaining 20%. The player voted as having the most significant impact on their team’s success will be honored as the Most Valuable Player of the Super Bowl.

How to read Super Bowl MVP odds

When learning how to bet on the Super Bowl, bettors must first understand how the odds display and how to read them. The Super Bowl MVP odds are displayed in a list format with corresponding odds for each player considered an MVP candidate. The odds will reflect the implied probability of that player winning MVP.

Some sportsbooks will have a very long and detailed list with plenty of players available. Other books will list just the skill positions and key defensive contributors while adding a “field” or “other” option which includes any player not officially listed. 

Most sportsbooks in North America will list Super Bowl MVP odds in American format:

  • Patrick Mahomes -120
  • Tom Brady +187

This means that a $100 bet on Mahomes would have profited $83 (or a $120 bet would win $100), or a $100 bet on Brady would have profited $187. Use our odds converter to switch American odds to decimal or fractional and to see how much you could win using different odds.

Super Bowl MVP betting history

A Super Bowl MVP has been named in all 58 championship games going back to 1967 when Green Bay Packers quarterback Bart Starr was named the very first Super Bowl Most Valuable Player. 

Starr is one of the 32 quarterbacks to be named Super Bowl MVP. Running backs and wide receivers have each won MVP eight times while a defensive player has been named MVP five times and a special teams player (kick returner) has won the award once. 

Betting on the Super Bowl MVP odds was made popular in the late 1990s, as online sports betting began to boom, but has only recently been allowed in regulated land-based sportsbooks (such as Las Vegas/Nevada) since 2016.

Super Bowl MVP winner MVP odds Position
58 Patrick Mahomes +130 QB
57 Patrick Mahomes +130 QB
56 Cooper Kupp +600 WR
55 Tom Brady +187 QB
54 Patrick Mahomes +110 QB
53 Julian Edelman +2,000 WR
52 Nick Foles +325 QB
51 Tom Brady +150 QB
50 Von Miller +2,200 LB

Google News
Stay updated with the latest picks, odds, and news! Tap the star to add us to your favorites on Google News to never miss a story.

Super Bowl MVP FAQs

Pages related to this topic

Popular Content

Legal Canadian sports betting

Best Canadian betting sites Ontario sports betting
Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GPWA Logo GDPR Logo GeoTrust Logo Evalon Logo