Seattle at Denver (02/02/2014)
Things to consider...
Take the Seahawks away from the 12th Man and they are nowhere near as explosive, as has been proven on the scoreboard throughout the season.
Denver's defense has come alive of late, holding opponents to an average of 15 PPG in their last four games. The offense has still been very effective, producing an average of 28.2 PPG in their last five games. Those same five games have gone UNDER the total.
Seattle's offense has faded. They haven't gone OVER the total since November. Marshawn Lynch's rushing and their defense have been keeping them in games while Russell Wilson has become a game manager. Seattle has given up an average of 12 PPG since the beginning of December.
Experience. Denver has it. Seattle does not. John Fox is coaching his 2nd SB. Peyton is playing his 3rd. Welker is playing in his 3rd. Standout CB Rodgers-Cromartie is playing his 2nd. Champ Bailey, while he's never played in a championship, is a 15 year defensive veteran and a focused leader. Russell Wilson is in his 2nd year. Coach Pete Carroll is an SB virgin. I see a lot of parallels between this game and last year's Baltimore (veteran experience) versus San Francisco (youthful emotion) matchup.
Weather will be everything IMO. In a dome or fair conditions, Denver takes this by 10+ points. If the conditions are garbage - high winds, snow, sleet and / or bitter cold - Peyton will have issues no doubt. However I do believe that the Broncos will get it done one way or another.
BAD WEATHER FINAL SCORE: Denver 17 Seattle 13
GOOD WEATHER FINAL SCORE: Denver 26 Seattle 17
So I guess it's Denver and the Under regardless...
GL to all ![]()
Things to consider...
Take the Seahawks away from the 12th Man and they are nowhere near as explosive, as has been proven on the scoreboard throughout the season.
Denver's defense has come alive of late, holding opponents to an average of 15 PPG in their last four games. The offense has still been very effective, producing an average of 28.2 PPG in their last five games. Those same five games have gone UNDER the total.
Seattle's offense has faded. They haven't gone OVER the total since November. Marshawn Lynch's rushing and their defense have been keeping them in games while Russell Wilson has become a game manager. Seattle has given up an average of 12 PPG since the beginning of December.
Experience. Denver has it. Seattle does not. John Fox is coaching his 2nd SB. Peyton is playing his 3rd. Welker is playing in his 3rd. Standout CB Rodgers-Cromartie is playing his 2nd. Champ Bailey, while he's never played in a championship, is a 15 year defensive veteran and a focused leader. Russell Wilson is in his 2nd year. Coach Pete Carroll is an SB virgin. I see a lot of parallels between this game and last year's Baltimore (veteran experience) versus San Francisco (youthful emotion) matchup.
Weather will be everything IMO. In a dome or fair conditions, Denver takes this by 10+ points. If the conditions are garbage - high winds, snow, sleet and / or bitter cold - Peyton will have issues no doubt. However I do believe that the Broncos will get it done one way or another.
BAD WEATHER FINAL SCORE: Denver 17 Seattle 13
GOOD WEATHER FINAL SCORE: Denver 26 Seattle 17
So I guess it's Denver and the Under regardless...
GL to all ![]()
I would like to see the history of Manning ATS after passing for 450+ yards the prior game.......I bet that is an interesting number to Hawk backers......someone see if you can find something like that in cyberspace eh??
I would like to see the history of Manning ATS after passing for 450+ yards the prior game.......I bet that is an interesting number to Hawk backers......someone see if you can find something like that in cyberspace eh??
Experience. Denver has it. Seattle does not. John Fox is coaching his 2nd SB. Peyton is playing his 3rd. Welker is playing in his 3rd. Standout CB Rodgers-Cromartie is playing his 2nd. Champ Bailey, while he's never played in a championship, is a 15 year defensive veteran and a focused leader. Russell Wilson is in his 2nd year. Coach Pete Carroll is an SB virgin. I see a lot of parallels between this game and last year's Baltimore (veteran experience) versus San Francisco (youthful emotion) matchup.
Did a little more research. Seattle is the first Super Bowl team since the 1990 Bills to have their entire active roster hold ZERO previous Super Bowl experience...
WOW
Experience. Denver has it. Seattle does not. John Fox is coaching his 2nd SB. Peyton is playing his 3rd. Welker is playing in his 3rd. Standout CB Rodgers-Cromartie is playing his 2nd. Champ Bailey, while he's never played in a championship, is a 15 year defensive veteran and a focused leader. Russell Wilson is in his 2nd year. Coach Pete Carroll is an SB virgin. I see a lot of parallels between this game and last year's Baltimore (veteran experience) versus San Francisco (youthful emotion) matchup.
Did a little more research. Seattle is the first Super Bowl team since the 1990 Bills to have their entire active roster hold ZERO previous Super Bowl experience...
WOW
The only downsize to Hawks having 0 experience and still less than a FG dog does scare the bjesus out of me.
Outside of logic...Hawks is the play. Anyone still remember Doug Williams?
The only downsize to Hawks having 0 experience and still less than a FG dog does scare the bjesus out of me.
Outside of logic...Hawks is the play. Anyone still remember Doug Williams?
I say the matchup favors Sea...They can matchup with all their receivers...You've seen them handle jimmy graham and Vernon Davis so they can deal with Thomas...They also get pressure with 4...I know Manning is great but this looks like Pats vs Giants all over again...Same type of matchup but better corners for Sea
I say the matchup favors Sea...They can matchup with all their receivers...You've seen them handle jimmy graham and Vernon Davis so they can deal with Thomas...They also get pressure with 4...I know Manning is great but this looks like Pats vs Giants all over again...Same type of matchup but better corners for Sea
just saw this on NFL Network. don't know about the validity of this but
teams with the #1 scoring defense in the regular season playing in the Super Bowl have a record of 12-3 SU if I read that ticker caption right..
but I'm still gonna roll with Denver, in the cold wind or snow. peyton's gotta get all the naysayers off his back and then maybe he will ride off into the sunset? this is probably the last chance he'll get to win another trophy and I don't see him squandering this opportunity..but yes the pressure is most definitely on Manning no doubt
just saw this on NFL Network. don't know about the validity of this but
teams with the #1 scoring defense in the regular season playing in the Super Bowl have a record of 12-3 SU if I read that ticker caption right..
but I'm still gonna roll with Denver, in the cold wind or snow. peyton's gotta get all the naysayers off his back and then maybe he will ride off into the sunset? this is probably the last chance he'll get to win another trophy and I don't see him squandering this opportunity..but yes the pressure is most definitely on Manning no doubt
Hot Forum Topics
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
