• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NFL Betting Forum

    Why All The Miami Love?

    «First Previous 123 Next Last»
    earthWake
    Relax_Dude
    slomotion
    venezolanisimo
    Predictorama
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 4125
    Posts: 62
    «First Previous 123 Next Last»
     
    earthWake
    earthWake
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2011
    Posts: 6196
    Posted: Oct. 28, 2015 - 5:06 PM ET #26

    Brandon Alberts last 6 games. Dolphins are 6-0 and outscored their opponent 188-70.

    You know nothing about the Dolphins 
    Reply
    Brandon Alberts last 6 games. Dolphins are 6-0 and outscored their opponent 188-70.

    You know nothing about the Dolphins 
     
    Relax_Dude
    Relax_Dude
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 4717
    Posted: Oct. 28, 2015 - 5:18 PM ET #27

    Miami will have a rematch with NE in January. That game looks more winnable. They also have a rematch with Buffalo the week after this game. I think they do well in this game, but do not cover. In other words, there will not be a complete letdown falling apart and lethargic effort. I think the yardstick for measuring the HC's performance will be in the rematch with division opponents. They can falter here and it is not a bad loss. But in January if NE is undefeated facing Miami the second and final time, they have a shot. I think they lose cover here, but can undo the 41-13 loss (whatever it was) to Buffalo. 

    The QB Tannerhill is a type of clown. And I look forward to the debacle that will take place. A Thursday PM game in Foxboro will be a good time for a positive performance from the Pats. 
    Reply
    Miami will have a rematch with NE in January. That game looks more winnable. They also have a rematch with Buffalo the week after this game. I think they do well in this game, but do not cover. In other words, there will not be a complete letdown falling apart and lethargic effort. I think the yardstick for measuring the HC's performance will be in the rematch with division opponents. They can falter here and it is not a bad loss. But in January if NE is undefeated facing Miami the second and final time, they have a shot. I think they lose cover here, but can undo the 41-13 loss (whatever it was) to Buffalo. 

    The QB Tannerhill is a type of clown. And I look forward to the debacle that will take place. A Thursday PM game in Foxboro will be a good time for a positive performance from the Pats. 
     
    Relax_Dude
    Relax_Dude
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 4717
    Posted: Oct. 28, 2015 - 7:49 PM ET #28

    Let's all enjoy the game
    Reply
    Let's all enjoy the game
     
    slomotion
    slomotion
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 2852
    Posted: Oct. 28, 2015 - 8:59 PM ET #29

    Quote Originally Posted by yzzguy:

    HOLY garbage, GOD DAMN relax dude I thought I was the only person in the world to think that the dolphins have an idiot QB I said he will be selling life insurance to all those people down in Miami when they draft him , after his 4th year!! and if that scumbag owner  ROSS would finally just sell the team to a real owner then maybe the MIAMI DOLPHINS become relavent once again!!! If Joe Robbie was alive, and if he can see this from his grave I wish that he would go out and haunt that guy till he sells Joe's team to someone that knows something about the history of the Miami Dolphins tradition. keep it up my dude cause someone's gotta make some more noise other then me about drafting a friggin TE as a QB garbage WTF man were you all thinking down there and tannihill if you ever come to my door I would love to say on this public forum what I would do to u so u all can just imagine the worst I can say and do and then X it by a BILLION and that wouldn't even be enough you goofy headed idiot!!!! Go get your Insurance license son cause that's where you are headed next year!!!!

    Yzzguy...... you are so far off that all I can say is WOW. Wake tf@#$ up. You haven't the slightest idea what your talking about. Lmao
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by yzzguy:

    HOLY garbage, GOD DAMN relax dude I thought I was the only person in the world to think that the dolphins have an idiot QB I said he will be selling life insurance to all those people down in Miami when they draft him , after his 4th year!! and if that scumbag owner  ROSS would finally just sell the team to a real owner then maybe the MIAMI DOLPHINS become relavent once again!!! If Joe Robbie was alive, and if he can see this from his grave I wish that he would go out and haunt that guy till he sells Joe's team to someone that knows something about the history of the Miami Dolphins tradition. keep it up my dude cause someone's gotta make some more noise other then me about drafting a friggin TE as a QB garbage WTF man were you all thinking down there and tannihill if you ever come to my door I would love to say on this public forum what I would do to u so u all can just imagine the worst I can say and do and then X it by a BILLION and that wouldn't even be enough you goofy headed idiot!!!! Go get your Insurance license son cause that's where you are headed next year!!!!

    Yzzguy...... you are so far off that all I can say is WOW. Wake tf@#$ up. You haven't the slightest idea what your talking about. Lmao
     
    venezolanisimo
    venezolanisimo
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2012
    Posts: 9854
    Posted: Oct. 28, 2015 - 10:37 PM ET #30

    Reply
     
    Predictorama
    Predictorama
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2013
    Posts: 1248
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2015 - 5:52 AM ET #31

    Quote Originally Posted by suuma:



    Sorry buddy but that's where I stopped reading. Then I accidentially saw "idiot" QB. Do you follow the NFL at all?

    Gee, you're right Suuma, the Dolphins are DANGEROUS with that great qb that they have. How many playoff games have they won in the last 4 years????
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by suuma:



    Sorry buddy but that's where I stopped reading. Then I accidentially saw "idiot" QB. Do you follow the NFL at all?

    Gee, you're right Suuma, the Dolphins are DANGEROUS with that great qb that they have. How many playoff games have they won in the last 4 years????
     
    degengambler34
    degengambler34
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 3661
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2015 - 6:38 AM ET #32

    Quote Originally Posted by earthWake:

    Brandon Alberts last 6 games. Dolphins are 6-0 and outscored their opponent 188-70.You know nothing about the Dolphins

    Bingo. This is the reason tannehill and that Miami offense has gotten their act together, has nothing to do with the hc change. Albert is perhaps one of the best offensive linemen in the nfl, and unlike ivory they have speed in their backfield, and all over the field. The dolphins are a more talented roster than the jets, and if you don't believe that you'll learn it tomorrow
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by earthWake:

    Brandon Alberts last 6 games. Dolphins are 6-0 and outscored their opponent 188-70.You know nothing about the Dolphins

    Bingo. This is the reason tannehill and that Miami offense has gotten their act together, has nothing to do with the hc change. Albert is perhaps one of the best offensive linemen in the nfl, and unlike ivory they have speed in their backfield, and all over the field. The dolphins are a more talented roster than the jets, and if you don't believe that you'll learn it tomorrow
     
    suuma
    suuma
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2010
    Posts: 4455
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2015 - 7:52 AM ET #33

    Quote Originally Posted by Predictorama:


    Gee, you're right Suuma, the Dolphins are DANGEROUS with that great qb that they have. How many playoff games have they won in the last 4 years????

    Read post #34 please. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Predictorama:


    Gee, you're right Suuma, the Dolphins are DANGEROUS with that great qb that they have. How many playoff games have they won in the last 4 years????

    Read post #34 please. 
     
    BetFriends
    BetFriends
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2015
    Posts: 1375
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2015 - 8:48 AM ET #34

    Quote Originally Posted by Predictorama:


    Gee, you're right Suuma, the Dolphins are DANGEROUS with that great qb that they have. How many playoff games have they won in the last 4 years????

    Wow, you're right, Predictorama. Because the Dolphins didn't make a single change in their roster since then, did they? Nor did anyone else in the league?

    Please explain how irrelevant examples from past years dictate current match-ups 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Predictorama:


    Gee, you're right Suuma, the Dolphins are DANGEROUS with that great qb that they have. How many playoff games have they won in the last 4 years????

    Wow, you're right, Predictorama. Because the Dolphins didn't make a single change in their roster since then, did they? Nor did anyone else in the league?

    Please explain how irrelevant examples from past years dictate current match-ups 
     
    saigonbynight
    saigonbynight
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 8681
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2015 - 10:05 AM ET #35

    New coach, 2 wins
    NE didn't cover last game
    Reply
    New coach, 2 wins
    NE didn't cover last game
     
    TheCounselor
    TheCounselor
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 632
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2015 - 12:06 PM ET #36

    As of right now, Jets vs Miami on a neutral field would be a coin flip. (Slight edge to the Dolphins IMO) 

    They had the worst coach in all football for too long ! They certainly didn't have the worst team on paper...

    We saw the relief in those guys last 2 weeks. 

    They're playing with a hugeeee energy !

    Miami can cover easily with the garbage time, if needed.

    Regardless, BOL  
    Reply
    As of right now, Jets vs Miami on a neutral field would be a coin flip. (Slight edge to the Dolphins IMO) 

    They had the worst coach in all football for too long ! They certainly didn't have the worst team on paper...

    We saw the relief in those guys last 2 weeks. 

    They're playing with a hugeeee energy !

    Miami can cover easily with the garbage time, if needed.

    Regardless, BOL  
     
    Macwestie1
    Macwestie1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 171384
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2015 - 1:04 PM ET #37

    Quote Originally Posted by degengambler34:


    Bingo. This is the reason tannehill and that Miami offense has gotten their act together, has nothing to do with the hc change. Albert is perhaps one of the best offensive linemen in the nfl, and unlike ivory they have speed in their backfield, and all over the field. The dolphins are a more talented roster than the jets, and if you don't believe that you'll learn it tomorrow

    What do you call an Eternal Optimist? An accordion player with a beeper!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by degengambler34:


    Bingo. This is the reason tannehill and that Miami offense has gotten their act together, has nothing to do with the hc change. Albert is perhaps one of the best offensive linemen in the nfl, and unlike ivory they have speed in their backfield, and all over the field. The dolphins are a more talented roster than the jets, and if you don't believe that you'll learn it tomorrow

     
    Macwestie1
    Macwestie1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 171384
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2015 - 1:05 PM ET #38

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCounselor:

    As of right now, Jets vs Miami on a neutral field would be a coin flip. (Slight edge to the Dolphins IMO) 

    They had the worst coach in all football for too long ! They certainly didn't have the worst team on paper...

    We saw the relief in those guys last 2 weeks. 

    They're playing with a hugeeee energy !



    Miami can cover easily with the garbage time, if needed.

    Regardless, BOL  

    I concur to this comment 
    What do you call an Eternal Optimist? An accordion player with a beeper!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCounselor:

    As of right now, Jets vs Miami on a neutral field would be a coin flip. (Slight edge to the Dolphins IMO) 

    They had the worst coach in all football for too long ! They certainly didn't have the worst team on paper...

    We saw the relief in those guys last 2 weeks. 

    They're playing with a hugeeee energy !



    Miami can cover easily with the garbage time, if needed.

    Regardless, BOL  

    I concur to this comment 
     
    WYBBOB
    WYBBOB
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 562
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2015 - 1:45 PM ET #39

    Let me see...Division Game, 8pts, New coach, & thur nite fb trend is not 100% with a pretty good def
    Reply
    Let me see...Division Game, 8pts, New coach, & thur nite fb trend is not 100% with a pretty good def
     
    DJohn7
    DJohn7
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2015
    Posts: 2
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2015 - 2:28 PM ET #40

    Tannehill hasn't kept a deficit under 10 points in his career at Gillette (13-41, 17-27, 0-28 were the scores in his three years). He's a Texas kid who goes straight to Miami in the NFL has shown some struggles in cold weather...should be low to mid 40s in Foxboro.  Pats dink-and-dunk offensive style should cause Suh and Wake to be non-factors, and I think Miami's linebackers get exposed and worn down throughout the game.  I see this being a game where NE scores every possession, while Miami answers only some of the time.  Not to mention Belichick will probably do his score right before half and on the opening 2nd half drive stunt that he is best in the biz at.  NE 34-20.
    Reply
    Tannehill hasn't kept a deficit under 10 points in his career at Gillette (13-41, 17-27, 0-28 were the scores in his three years). He's a Texas kid who goes straight to Miami in the NFL has shown some struggles in cold weather...should be low to mid 40s in Foxboro.  Pats dink-and-dunk offensive style should cause Suh and Wake to be non-factors, and I think Miami's linebackers get exposed and worn down throughout the game.  I see this being a game where NE scores every possession, while Miami answers only some of the time.  Not to mention Belichick will probably do his score right before half and on the opening 2nd half drive stunt that he is best in the biz at.  NE 34-20.
     
    DJohn7
    DJohn7
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2015
    Posts: 2
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2015 - 2:31 PM ET #41

    Quote Originally Posted by pdouble:

    i think this is an amazing spot for the pats , coming off 2 great wins , but they are discounted . because they didn't cover a big number , coupled with every one falling in lover with miami after two blowout wins , then you factor in the fact that everyone remembers the fins playing the pats tough , but this is foxborough in primetime , and the pats have had back to back pretty terrible 2nd halfs, i expect them to run up the score if they get the chance 

    Also very much agree with pdouble that Miami's stock is far too high right now after blowout wins against a high school Texans squad and an injured-Mariota Tennessee
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by pdouble:

    i think this is an amazing spot for the pats , coming off 2 great wins , but they are discounted . because they didn't cover a big number , coupled with every one falling in lover with miami after two blowout wins , then you factor in the fact that everyone remembers the fins playing the pats tough , but this is foxborough in primetime , and the pats have had back to back pretty terrible 2nd halfs, i expect them to run up the score if they get the chance 

    Also very much agree with pdouble that Miami's stock is far too high right now after blowout wins against a high school Texans squad and an injured-Mariota Tennessee
     
    UpperEchelon
    UpperEchelon
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2015
    Posts: 106
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2015 - 3:33 PM ET #42

    If Tennessee and Houston are trash teams than you might as well throw the Pats D in with them because they're all trash defensively.

    Tennessee gives up 4.4 yards per rush. Trash right?
    Houston gives up 4.6 yards per rush. Super trash right?
    New England gives up 4.5 yards per rush. But Pats aren't trash, right?

    Tennessee is 2nd in Passing defense when it comes to total yards and yards per game. But that's trash right? 
    Houston is 15th in yards per game. Trash.
    Patriots? 18th in yards per game. But that's not trash, that's the Pats.

    No one is saying the Patriots aren't going to score, the argument for Miami covering is the fact that the Patriots defense isn't very good. Also, yes, their O-line is weak; but those "trash" high school defenses are statistically the same, if not better, than the Patriots!!
    Reply
    If Tennessee and Houston are trash teams than you might as well throw the Pats D in with them because they're all trash defensively.

    Tennessee gives up 4.4 yards per rush. Trash right?
    Houston gives up 4.6 yards per rush. Super trash right?
    New England gives up 4.5 yards per rush. But Pats aren't trash, right?

    Tennessee is 2nd in Passing defense when it comes to total yards and yards per game. But that's trash right? 
    Houston is 15th in yards per game. Trash.
    Patriots? 18th in yards per game. But that's not trash, that's the Pats.

    No one is saying the Patriots aren't going to score, the argument for Miami covering is the fact that the Patriots defense isn't very good. Also, yes, their O-line is weak; but those "trash" high school defenses are statistically the same, if not better, than the Patriots!!
     
    Humchucker
    Humchucker
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2015
    Posts: 92
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2015 - 4:22 PM ET #43

    Thanks UpperEchelon, I did take a peek at Suuma's post on the other thread as you suggested and appreciate what he is saying.  I understand people trying to back Miami in this game and I know they have a solid pass rush and I have a very high opinion of Tannehill (he is a way better QB than most would give him credit for).  I certainly don't see this as easy money for those picking the Patriots (having to cover more than a TD isn't easy for anyone), but I was just saying to those backing Miami that caution is key here.  I personally wouldn't be looking too much into the last 2 weeks for Miami as I just see a team that is too unpredictable to take confidently.  New coach (yes I realize he is not new to the team, but new to the HC role), all fired up, off 2 blowout wins, then I look back and see losses to the Jags, Bills, and Jets.  I guess I'm saying if you pick Miami to win tonight or to cover you are hoping that their very recent trend of playing extremely well continues tonight and they don't revert to how they have shown they are capable of playing early in the season. NE hasn't shown that sort of weakness YET, and has put up 28+ points in all 6 of their games this year.  That's consistency and I would rather back that, than a team having a hot streak of 2 games (granted, Miami has had a fantastic 2 week 'streak').  As for those stating NE hasn't faced a pass rush like the one Miami can generate, I really don't see that as being a factor in this game.  Brady needs a clean pocket to operate, BUT only needs it for a very short time.  Shallow crossing routes, pick/rub plays, screens, and slants over the middle which are the majority of NE's attack don't need time to develop, and that in my mind neutralizes a good pass-rush.  I think NE has looked at their division and realized teams are investing in pass-rushers so they can rush without having to blitz and bring extra personnel, and NE has simply found a way around it and proven they are again a step ahead of the league.  I think they have learned a lot from the past and realized that the times their offense has broken down has been when teams are able to generate pressure on Brady without committing extra personnel.  Rather than spending a ton of money on O-line, they just shortened the amount of time between the snap and release of the ball.  Simple solution and effective since teams seem okay with allowing 4 yard passes on first down.  I would argue there's this perception that you can't allow more than 3 yards per rush on first/second down when a team rushes against you since you are putting them in manageable 3rd down situations consistently.  Why is it then okay to allow 4 yards on a catch on 1st/2nd down?  Yards are yards no matter how you get them, and while throwing has more risk than running, NE seems comfortable taking those small gains almost in lieu of running the ball, and putting themselves in manageable 3rd down spots.  I'm not a NE fan (I have the misfortune of being a Chargers fan), but I have tremendous respect for their willingness to experiment and stay flexible while so many teams seem stuck in their current mindsets.  As I said before this is not a game where I would feel super comfortable picking the Patriots-7.5 or more, since anything more than a TD is difficult for any team, but I would feel comfortable teasing this game down to Pats-2 or picking them on ML. Best of luck to all!  Let's enjoy the game tonight regardless of what happens. 
    Reply
    Thanks UpperEchelon, I did take a peek at Suuma's post on the other thread as you suggested and appreciate what he is saying.  I understand people trying to back Miami in this game and I know they have a solid pass rush and I have a very high opinion of Tannehill (he is a way better QB than most would give him credit for).  I certainly don't see this as easy money for those picking the Patriots (having to cover more than a TD isn't easy for anyone), but I was just saying to those backing Miami that caution is key here.  I personally wouldn't be looking too much into the last 2 weeks for Miami as I just see a team that is too unpredictable to take confidently.  New coach (yes I realize he is not new to the team, but new to the HC role), all fired up, off 2 blowout wins, then I look back and see losses to the Jags, Bills, and Jets.  I guess I'm saying if you pick Miami to win tonight or to cover you are hoping that their very recent trend of playing extremely well continues tonight and they don't revert to how they have shown they are capable of playing early in the season. NE hasn't shown that sort of weakness YET, and has put up 28+ points in all 6 of their games this year.  That's consistency and I would rather back that, than a team having a hot streak of 2 games (granted, Miami has had a fantastic 2 week 'streak').  As for those stating NE hasn't faced a pass rush like the one Miami can generate, I really don't see that as being a factor in this game.  Brady needs a clean pocket to operate, BUT only needs it for a very short time.  Shallow crossing routes, pick/rub plays, screens, and slants over the middle which are the majority of NE's attack don't need time to develop, and that in my mind neutralizes a good pass-rush.  I think NE has looked at their division and realized teams are investing in pass-rushers so they can rush without having to blitz and bring extra personnel, and NE has simply found a way around it and proven they are again a step ahead of the league.  I think they have learned a lot from the past and realized that the times their offense has broken down has been when teams are able to generate pressure on Brady without committing extra personnel.  Rather than spending a ton of money on O-line, they just shortened the amount of time between the snap and release of the ball.  Simple solution and effective since teams seem okay with allowing 4 yard passes on first down.  I would argue there's this perception that you can't allow more than 3 yards per rush on first/second down when a team rushes against you since you are putting them in manageable 3rd down situations consistently.  Why is it then okay to allow 4 yards on a catch on 1st/2nd down?  Yards are yards no matter how you get them, and while throwing has more risk than running, NE seems comfortable taking those small gains almost in lieu of running the ball, and putting themselves in manageable 3rd down spots.  I'm not a NE fan (I have the misfortune of being a Chargers fan), but I have tremendous respect for their willingness to experiment and stay flexible while so many teams seem stuck in their current mindsets.  As I said before this is not a game where I would feel super comfortable picking the Patriots-7.5 or more, since anything more than a TD is difficult for any team, but I would feel comfortable teasing this game down to Pats-2 or picking them on ML. Best of luck to all!  Let's enjoy the game tonight regardless of what happens. 
     
    GFatha
    GFatha
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 162
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2015 - 5:06 PM ET #44

    -8 looks baited ...

    i'll Bite.

    Appears to me NE is good up to -9.5

    nice try V.

    Reply
    -8 looks baited ...

    i'll Bite.

    Appears to me NE is good up to -9.5

    nice try V.

     
    Broncodevil
    Broncodevil
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 1224
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2015 - 5:23 PM ET #45

    Hard to go against the Pats at home. I don't like giving 9 pts to any NFL team. I am going with Pats OVER 30 -115
    Reply
    Hard to go against the Pats at home. I don't like giving 9 pts to any NFL team. I am going with Pats OVER 30 -115
     
    barneybeans
    barneybeans
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2003
    Posts: 9981
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2015 - 6:01 PM ET #46

    Quote Originally Posted by JerryWrasse:

    There is no way the line should be 13. I know the rankings say 13 but realistically there is no way bookmakers set that line. The original line was 6, shifted to 10 and back down to 8. 
    Line is all over the place because the Books and early bettors don't know which Tom Brady or NE Pats team are going to show up.

    Ditto the Fish after new HC two impressive wins against OK teams - can they keep it up in Foxboro?

    Brady and crew even in a shoot out, AT HOME, can run up the score - they are capable, we all know that.

    But will they? No one knows which is why this game is a crap shoot.

    Not to take anything away from Miami who is more than a worthy divisional opponent here tonight.

    Fish just look too easy if you're an Xs and Os guy.

    Gun to my head? The question I always ask is "who will win their bets tonight the Joes or the Pros?"

    I think the Joes - are they on Miami? I don't think so.

    Gun to my head: Pats -8½

    I took the Fish this morning +10½ on the buy (-115) and if I see 8 out there later I'll go for a middle.

    CRAP SHOOT, me thinks - take whatever small, enjoy the game, drink a few scotches, smoke a cigar and chase women.

    GLTA




    The pen is mightier than the pigs
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryWrasse:

    There is no way the line should be 13. I know the rankings say 13 but realistically there is no way bookmakers set that line. The original line was 6, shifted to 10 and back down to 8. 
    Line is all over the place because the Books and early bettors don't know which Tom Brady or NE Pats team are going to show up.

    Ditto the Fish after new HC two impressive wins against OK teams - can they keep it up in Foxboro?

    Brady and crew even in a shoot out, AT HOME, can run up the score - they are capable, we all know that.

    But will they? No one knows which is why this game is a crap shoot.

    Not to take anything away from Miami who is more than a worthy divisional opponent here tonight.

    Fish just look too easy if you're an Xs and Os guy.

    Gun to my head? The question I always ask is "who will win their bets tonight the Joes or the Pros?"

    I think the Joes - are they on Miami? I don't think so.

    Gun to my head: Pats -8½

    I took the Fish this morning +10½ on the buy (-115) and if I see 8 out there later I'll go for a middle.

    CRAP SHOOT, me thinks - take whatever small, enjoy the game, drink a few scotches, smoke a cigar and chase women.

    GLTA




     
    Relax_Dude
    Relax_Dude
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 4717
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2015 - 7:05 PM ET #47

    Quote Originally Posted by Humchucker:

    Thanks UpperEchelon, I did take a peek at Suuma's post on the other thread as you suggested and appreciate what he is saying.  I understand people trying to back Miami in this game and I know they have a solid pass rush and I have a very high opinion of Tannehill (he is a way better QB than most would give him credit for).  I certainly don't see this as easy money for those picking the Patriots (having to cover more than a TD isn't easy for anyone), but I was just saying to those backing Miami that caution is key here.  I personally wouldn't be looking too much into the last 2 weeks for Miami as I just see a team that is too unpredictable to take confidently.  New coach (yes I realize he is not new to the team, but new to the HC role), all fired up, off 2 blowout wins, then I look back and see losses to the Jags, Bills, and Jets.  I guess I'm saying if you pick Miami to win tonight or to cover you are hoping that their very recent trend of playing extremely well continues tonight and they don't revert to how they have shown they are capable of playing early in the season. NE hasn't shown that sort of weakness YET, and has put up 28+ points in all 6 of their games this year.  That's consistency and I would rather back that, than a team having a hot streak of 2 games (granted, Miami has had a fantastic 2 week 'streak').  As for those stating NE hasn't faced a pass rush like the one Miami can generate, I really don't see that as being a factor in this game.  Brady needs a clean pocket to operate, BUT only needs it for a very short time.  Shallow crossing routes, pick/rub plays, screens, and slants over the middle which are the majority of NE's attack don't need time to develop, and that in my mind neutralizes a good pass-rush.  I think NE has looked at their division and realized teams are investing in pass-rushers so they can rush without having to blitz and bring extra personnel, and NE has simply found a way around it and proven they are again a step ahead of the league.  I think they have learned a lot from the past and realized that the times their offense has broken down has been when teams are able to generate pressure on Brady without committing extra personnel.  Rather than spending a ton of money on O-line, they just shortened the amount of time between the snap and release of the ball.  Simple solution and effective since teams seem okay with allowing 4 yard passes on first down.  I would argue there's this perception that you can't allow more than 3 yards per rush on first/second down when a team rushes against you since you are putting them in manageable 3rd down situations consistently.  Why is it then okay to allow 4 yards on a catch on 1st/2nd down?  Yards are yards no matter how you get them, and while throwing has more risk than running, NE seems comfortable taking those small gains almost in lieu of running the ball, and putting themselves in manageable 3rd down spots.  I'm not a NE fan (I have the misfortune of being a Chargers fan), but I have tremendous respect for their willingness to experiment and stay flexible while so many teams seem stuck in their current mindsets.  As I said before this is not a game where I would feel super comfortable picking the Patriots-7.5 or more, since anything more than a TD is difficult for any team, but I would feel comfortable teasing this game down to Pats-2 or picking them on ML. Best of luck to all!  Let's enjoy the game tonight regardless of what happens. 

    What a good read. Keep posting brother
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Humchucker:

    Thanks UpperEchelon, I did take a peek at Suuma's post on the other thread as you suggested and appreciate what he is saying.  I understand people trying to back Miami in this game and I know they have a solid pass rush and I have a very high opinion of Tannehill (he is a way better QB than most would give him credit for).  I certainly don't see this as easy money for those picking the Patriots (having to cover more than a TD isn't easy for anyone), but I was just saying to those backing Miami that caution is key here.  I personally wouldn't be looking too much into the last 2 weeks for Miami as I just see a team that is too unpredictable to take confidently.  New coach (yes I realize he is not new to the team, but new to the HC role), all fired up, off 2 blowout wins, then I look back and see losses to the Jags, Bills, and Jets.  I guess I'm saying if you pick Miami to win tonight or to cover you are hoping that their very recent trend of playing extremely well continues tonight and they don't revert to how they have shown they are capable of playing early in the season. NE hasn't shown that sort of weakness YET, and has put up 28+ points in all 6 of their games this year.  That's consistency and I would rather back that, than a team having a hot streak of 2 games (granted, Miami has had a fantastic 2 week 'streak').  As for those stating NE hasn't faced a pass rush like the one Miami can generate, I really don't see that as being a factor in this game.  Brady needs a clean pocket to operate, BUT only needs it for a very short time.  Shallow crossing routes, pick/rub plays, screens, and slants over the middle which are the majority of NE's attack don't need time to develop, and that in my mind neutralizes a good pass-rush.  I think NE has looked at their division and realized teams are investing in pass-rushers so they can rush without having to blitz and bring extra personnel, and NE has simply found a way around it and proven they are again a step ahead of the league.  I think they have learned a lot from the past and realized that the times their offense has broken down has been when teams are able to generate pressure on Brady without committing extra personnel.  Rather than spending a ton of money on O-line, they just shortened the amount of time between the snap and release of the ball.  Simple solution and effective since teams seem okay with allowing 4 yard passes on first down.  I would argue there's this perception that you can't allow more than 3 yards per rush on first/second down when a team rushes against you since you are putting them in manageable 3rd down situations consistently.  Why is it then okay to allow 4 yards on a catch on 1st/2nd down?  Yards are yards no matter how you get them, and while throwing has more risk than running, NE seems comfortable taking those small gains almost in lieu of running the ball, and putting themselves in manageable 3rd down spots.  I'm not a NE fan (I have the misfortune of being a Chargers fan), but I have tremendous respect for their willingness to experiment and stay flexible while so many teams seem stuck in their current mindsets.  As I said before this is not a game where I would feel super comfortable picking the Patriots-7.5 or more, since anything more than a TD is difficult for any team, but I would feel comfortable teasing this game down to Pats-2 or picking them on ML. Best of luck to all!  Let's enjoy the game tonight regardless of what happens. 

    What a good read. Keep posting brother
     
    UpperEchelon
    UpperEchelon
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2015
    Posts: 106
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2015 - 7:11 PM ET #48

    Humchuker, I don't disagree with anything you said about the Pats offense. I see them scoring points. 
    As you said though, -7.5 is a lot for any team to cover, and with the Pats defense the way it is I just don't trust it. I agree that teasing down the points, or taking the Pats ML is a safe bet.

    Should be a good game, can't wait to see what happens. Best of luck to your bets. 
    Reply
    Humchuker, I don't disagree with anything you said about the Pats offense. I see them scoring points. 
    As you said though, -7.5 is a lot for any team to cover, and with the Pats defense the way it is I just don't trust it. I agree that teasing down the points, or taking the Pats ML is a safe bet.

    Should be a good game, can't wait to see what happens. Best of luck to your bets. 
     
    Relax_Dude
    Relax_Dude
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 4717
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2015 - 11:13 PM ET #49

    1) Pretty decent pass rush from MIA--few sacks, out of pocket passes
    2) Good shutdown of Gronkowski


    Other than that,

    Edleman dominant; Tannehill unable to chip away at a two score deficit in obvious pass downs/situatins

    BUT...I think I saw enough to back them potentially in January i F fGAME IS MEANINGLESS FOR PATS
    Reply
    1) Pretty decent pass rush from MIA--few sacks, out of pocket passes
    2) Good shutdown of Gronkowski


    Other than that,

    Edleman dominant; Tannehill unable to chip away at a two score deficit in obvious pass downs/situatins

    BUT...I think I saw enough to back them potentially in January i F fGAME IS MEANINGLESS FOR PATS
     
     
    Relax_Dude
    Relax_Dude
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 4717
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2015 - 11:20 PM ET #50

    CONGRATS MIA BACKERS -LOST, BUT ANYWAY I ADMIRE THE S TO TAKE THEM HERE
    Reply
    CONGRATS MIA BACKERS -LOST, BUT ANYWAY I ADMIRE THE S TO TAKE THEM HERE
    All Forums | NFL Betting Forum
    «First Previous 123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 452,682
    • Tuesday 09/29/2026 637
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,213
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 6,368
    • PART DEUX 251
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,509
    • You asked for more winners- here you go 1,505
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,830
    • That’s the game! This will end 3-2 Phillies win. No more runs. Take In Game Live UNDER 5.5 runs (+261) and Phillies to win by EXACTLY 1 runs (+280) 620
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,661

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.