D and playoffs=1 and t:conference!=o:conference and p:points>32
This is 1-4 ats for the dog Eagles. BUT! The one victory for the dog was when their opponent made an appearance in 3+ playoff games the previous season
tpS(playoffs)>2
D and playoffs=1 and t:conference!=o:conference and p:points>32 and opS(playoffs)>2. 1-0 Eagles.
Look we can all find different query results for the team we lick to back. What I find most trustworthy long term is
pp:F and p:F and F
Bettors that were successful the last 2 weeks betting on one of the best teams in the league get debunked in the Super Bowl. See the undefeated Patriots and 14 teams included in the 0-14 results. I will make the Chiefs beat me.
One concern in my opinion is the Eagles high output of points last week. When dogs score 33+ points in the conference final the previous week they are 1-4 ats in the superbowl.
Bettors trust high scoring teams and that can create a false narrative as well.
Bottom line I like the Eagles but can find reasons for the Chiefs.
Spottie2935 on socials
Cases for the Chiefs :
D and playoffs=1 and t:conference!=o:conference and p:points>32
This is 1-4 ats for the dog Eagles. BUT! The one victory for the dog was when their opponent made an appearance in 3+ playoff games the previous season
tpS(playoffs)>2
D and playoffs=1 and t:conference!=o:conference and p:points>32 and opS(playoffs)>2. 1-0 Eagles.
Look we can all find different query results for the team we lick to back. What I find most trustworthy long term is
pp:F and p:F and F
Bettors that were successful the last 2 weeks betting on one of the best teams in the league get debunked in the Super Bowl. See the undefeated Patriots and 14 teams included in the 0-14 results. I will make the Chiefs beat me.
One concern in my opinion is the Eagles high output of points last week. When dogs score 33+ points in the conference final the previous week they are 1-4 ats in the superbowl.
Bettors trust high scoring teams and that can create a false narrative as well.
Bottom line I like the Eagles but can find reasons for the Chiefs.
SU and ATS: 1-1 --- PHL isn't necessarily dead just because of that scoregasm vs. WAS.
week > 21.5 and p:points > 40.5 and p:RY > 200 --- No query results; Barkley's post-season is quite an outlier.
Spottie2935 said, "Bettors trust high scoring teams and that can create a false narrative as well." He is dead right, I was shocked when ESPN Bet Live today stated that the early tickets were mostly on PHL. I certainly expected the worship of Mahomes to give KC the edge, but that 55 points has created some recency bias.
week > 21.5 and p:points > 40.5 and p:RY > 140
SU and ATS: 1-1 --- PHL isn't necessarily dead just because of that scoregasm vs. WAS.
week > 21.5 and p:points > 40.5 and p:RY > 200 --- No query results; Barkley's post-season is quite an outlier.
Spottie2935 said, "Bettors trust high scoring teams and that can create a false narrative as well." He is dead right, I was shocked when ESPN Bet Live today stated that the early tickets were mostly on PHL. I certainly expected the worship of Mahomes to give KC the edge, but that 55 points has created some recency bias.
week > 21.5 and p:points > 40.5 and p:RY > 140 SU and ATS: 1-1 --- PHL isn't necessarily dead just because of that scoregasm vs. WAS. week > 21.5 and p:points > 40.5 and p:RY > 200 --- No query results; Barkley's post-season is quite an outlier. Spottie2935 said, "Bettors trust high scoring teams and that can create a false narrative as well." He is dead right, I was shocked when ESPN Bet Live today stated that the early tickets were mostly on PHL. I certainly expected the worship of Mahomes to give KC the edge, but that 55 points has created some recency bias for PHL despite all of the Reid-Spagnuolo-Mahomes post-season success.
Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:
week > 21.5 and p:points > 40.5 and p:RY > 140 SU and ATS: 1-1 --- PHL isn't necessarily dead just because of that scoregasm vs. WAS. week > 21.5 and p:points > 40.5 and p:RY > 200 --- No query results; Barkley's post-season is quite an outlier. Spottie2935 said, "Bettors trust high scoring teams and that can create a false narrative as well." He is dead right, I was shocked when ESPN Bet Live today stated that the early tickets were mostly on PHL. I certainly expected the worship of Mahomes to give KC the edge, but that 55 points has created some recency bias for PHL despite all of the Reid-Spagnuolo-Mahomes post-season success.
PHL has fewer wins, so that's a plus in NFL playoffs:
PO = 1 and wins < o:wins
SU: 92-127-1 (-2.9,42.0%)
ATS: 125-91-4 (1.8,57.9%)
I would never act on such a small ATS edge in and of itself, but that is a great query because it has such a huge sample size.
FYI: Those are GTD's figures; I did not pay to join KS because spending that money makes NO sense for small bettors like me. However, GTD has a flaw; SDQL adepts should know that using "wins > o:wins" (or <) will generate an accurate query but not current matchups. That is easy to deal with during NFL playoffs but a nightmare for anyone handicapping NCAABB on a Saturday.
@jowchoo
Thanks. Good luck to you too.
PHL has fewer wins, so that's a plus in NFL playoffs:
PO = 1 and wins < o:wins
SU: 92-127-1 (-2.9,42.0%)
ATS: 125-91-4 (1.8,57.9%)
I would never act on such a small ATS edge in and of itself, but that is a great query because it has such a huge sample size.
FYI: Those are GTD's figures; I did not pay to join KS because spending that money makes NO sense for small bettors like me. However, GTD has a flaw; SDQL adepts should know that using "wins > o:wins" (or <) will generate an accurate query but not current matchups. That is easy to deal with during NFL playoffs but a nightmare for anyone handicapping NCAABB on a Saturday.
Maybe that "wins > o:wins query" is deceptive. In the regular sesason KC was 15-2 and PHL was 14-3. KC had a first-round bye, so naturally PHL has one more PO win.
Maybe it is more accurate and productive to query for losses.
@spottie2935
Maybe that "wins > o:wins query" is deceptive. In the regular sesason KC was 15-2 and PHL was 14-3. KC had a first-round bye, so naturally PHL has one more PO win.
Maybe it is more accurate and productive to query for losses.
This query certainly makes PHL look live. I only have a rudimentary understanding of football, and I believe my next conclusion is me being guilty of "Zombie GroupThink (ZGT)," the tendency of many sports bettors to act on their first impressions. In this case, ZGT is "Reid > Sirianni and Spagnuolo > Fazio and Mahomes > Hurts." That shaky conclusion makes me have a "mental bet" on KC, and I think it is wise in general to avoid ZGT.
PO = 1 and losses > o:losses and week > 21.5
SU: 13-6 (3.5,68.4%)
ATS: 17-2 (6.6,89.5%)
This query certainly makes PHL look live. I only have a rudimentary understanding of football, and I believe my next conclusion is me being guilty of "Zombie GroupThink (ZGT)," the tendency of many sports bettors to act on their first impressions. In this case, ZGT is "Reid > Sirianni and Spagnuolo > Fazio and Mahomes > Hurts." That shaky conclusion makes me have a "mental bet" on KC, and I think it is wise in general to avoid ZGT.
PO = 1 and losses > o:losses and week > 21.5 SU: 13-6 (3.5,68.4%) ATS: 17-2 (6.6,89.5%) This query certainly makes PHL look live. I only have a rudimentary understanding of football, and I believe my next conclusion is me being guilty of "Zombie GroupThink (ZGT)," the tendency of many sports bettors to act on their first impressions. In this case, ZGT is "Reid > Sirianni and Spagnuolo > Fazio and Mahomes > Hurts." That shaky conclusion makes me have a "mental bet" on KC, and I think it is wise in general to avoid ZGT.
Great post DBW.
That ats record is to die for. For me, I stay on my toes trying to avoid outliers to these historical trends. Coaching is imo a valuable consideration (for outliers)rough this SB
in whether or not I pull the trigger. I absolutely agree with your coaching/qb equation and will tiptoe through this SB with minimal exposure and if PHI
does win by (0-4) and total lands (42-56) I will be a happy camper........................................................gl
Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:
PO = 1 and losses > o:losses and week > 21.5 SU: 13-6 (3.5,68.4%) ATS: 17-2 (6.6,89.5%) This query certainly makes PHL look live. I only have a rudimentary understanding of football, and I believe my next conclusion is me being guilty of "Zombie GroupThink (ZGT)," the tendency of many sports bettors to act on their first impressions. In this case, ZGT is "Reid > Sirianni and Spagnuolo > Fazio and Mahomes > Hurts." That shaky conclusion makes me have a "mental bet" on KC, and I think it is wise in general to avoid ZGT.
Great post DBW.
That ats record is to die for. For me, I stay on my toes trying to avoid outliers to these historical trends. Coaching is imo a valuable consideration (for outliers)rough this SB
in whether or not I pull the trigger. I absolutely agree with your coaching/qb equation and will tiptoe through this SB with minimal exposure and if PHI
does win by (0-4) and total lands (42-56) I will be a happy camper........................................................gl
PO = 1 and losses > o:losses and week > 21.5 SU: 13-6 (3.5,68.4%) ATS: 17-2 (6.6,89.5%) This query certainly makes PHL look live. I only have a rudimentary understanding of football, and I believe my next conclusion is me being guilty of "Zombie GroupThink (ZGT)," the tendency of many sports bettors to act on their first impressions. In this case, ZGT is "Reid > Sirianni and Spagnuolo > Fazio and Mahomes > Hurts." That shaky conclusion makes me have a "mental bet" on KC, and I think it is wise in general to avoid ZGT.
Great post DBW.
That ats record is to die for. For me, I stay on my toes trying to avoid outliers to these historical trends. Coaching is imo a valuable consideration (for outliers)rough this SB
in whether or not I pull the trigger. I absolutely agree with your coaching/qb equation and will tiptoe through this SB with minimal exposure and if PHI
does win by (0-4) and total lands (42-56) I will be a happy camper........................................................gl
Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:
PO = 1 and losses > o:losses and week > 21.5 SU: 13-6 (3.5,68.4%) ATS: 17-2 (6.6,89.5%) This query certainly makes PHL look live. I only have a rudimentary understanding of football, and I believe my next conclusion is me being guilty of "Zombie GroupThink (ZGT)," the tendency of many sports bettors to act on their first impressions. In this case, ZGT is "Reid > Sirianni and Spagnuolo > Fazio and Mahomes > Hurts." That shaky conclusion makes me have a "mental bet" on KC, and I think it is wise in general to avoid ZGT.
Great post DBW.
That ats record is to die for. For me, I stay on my toes trying to avoid outliers to these historical trends. Coaching is imo a valuable consideration (for outliers)rough this SB
in whether or not I pull the trigger. I absolutely agree with your coaching/qb equation and will tiptoe through this SB with minimal exposure and if PHI
does win by (0-4) and total lands (42-56) I will be a happy camper........................................................gl
I think PO = 1 and losses > o:losses and week > 21.5 is close to duplicating my query. The better team and or favorite fails a lot. On the other hand look at what the query doesn’t like:
PO = 1 and losses > o:losses and week > 21.5 and p:points>38
Spottie2935 on socials
@DogbiteWilliams
I think PO = 1 and losses > o:losses and week > 21.5 is close to duplicating my query. The better team and or favorite fails a lot. On the other hand look at what the query doesn’t like:
PO = 1 and losses > o:losses and week > 21.5 and p:points>38
@DogbiteWilliams I think PO = 1 and losses > o:losses and week > 21.5 is close to duplicating my query. The better team and or favorite fails a lot. On the other hand look at what the query doesn’t like: PO = 1 and losses > o:losses and week > 21.5 and p:points>38
Yikes! One extra parameter can destroy a query.
Quote Originally Posted by spottie2935:
@DogbiteWilliams I think PO = 1 and losses > o:losses and week > 21.5 is close to duplicating my query. The better team and or favorite fails a lot. On the other hand look at what the query doesn’t like: PO = 1 and losses > o:losses and week > 21.5 and p:points>38
I will coin the term "Munchkin query" for a small sample-sized query which is more likely a simple outlier or statistical fluke whereas a large sample-sized query should offer more future reliability and predictability, although my horrible results this season certainly undercut that reasoning.
This is a Munchkin query that I am posting because of the HUGE OU margin. I do not deem it worthy of action in and of itself:
PO = 1 and p:RY - po:RY > 100 and total > 45.2 and week > 21.5
OU: 0-4-0 (-14.9,0.0%)
Try flipping the "week > 21.5" to "week < 21.5" to see how worthless it is for regular PO games.
I will coin the term "Munchkin query" for a small sample-sized query which is more likely a simple outlier or statistical fluke whereas a large sample-sized query should offer more future reliability and predictability, although my horrible results this season certainly undercut that reasoning.
This is a Munchkin query that I am posting because of the HUGE OU margin. I do not deem it worthy of action in and of itself:
PO = 1 and p:RY - po:RY > 100 and total > 45.2 and week > 21.5
OU: 0-4-0 (-14.9,0.0%)
Try flipping the "week > 21.5" to "week < 21.5" to see how worthless it is for regular PO games.
[Quote: One extra parameter can destroy a query.[/Quote]
its the same as mine and the Superdowl is basically 3 major things.
Fade 1.) Against a back to back favorite in their previous play off games, and a favorite in the superbowl, Query: pp:F and pp:F and F and t:conference!=o:conference
Take 2. A higher seed (for instance, 6,5,4 seed vs. a 1 or 2 seed in the other conference, I cant find a query for this one.
Fade 3.) A team coming in the the superbowl off a huge scoring game, this it at its best with a team under 4 season losses. query: playoffs=1 and p:points>38 and p:playoffs=1 and t:losses<4
Spottie2935 on socials
[Quote: One extra parameter can destroy a query.[/Quote]
its the same as mine and the Superdowl is basically 3 major things.
Fade 1.) Against a back to back favorite in their previous play off games, and a favorite in the superbowl, Query: pp:F and pp:F and F and t:conference!=o:conference
Take 2. A higher seed (for instance, 6,5,4 seed vs. a 1 or 2 seed in the other conference, I cant find a query for this one.
Fade 3.) A team coming in the the superbowl off a huge scoring game, this it at its best with a team under 4 season losses. query: playoffs=1 and p:points>38 and p:playoffs=1 and t:losses<4
its the same as mine and the Superdowl is basically 3 major things. Fade 1.) Against a back to back favorite in their previous play off games, and a favorite in the superbowl, Query: pp:F and pp:F and F and t:conference!=o:conference Take 2. A higher seed (for instance, 6,5,4 seed vs. a 1 or 2 seed in the other conference, I cant find a query for this one. Fade 3.) A team coming in the the superbowl off a huge scoring game, this it at its best with a team under 4 season losses. query: playoffs=1 and p:points>38 and p:playoffs=1 and t:losses<4
Great thinking! This query works when one team had a bye and the other didn't:
PO = 1 and week > 21.5 and pp:rest > 10.5 and opp:rest < 10.5
SU: 2-8 (-5.2,20.0%)
ATS: 0-10 (-8.1,0.0%)
Go PHL!
Quote Originally Posted by spottie2935:
[Quote: One extra parameter can destroy a query.
its the same as mine and the Superdowl is basically 3 major things. Fade 1.) Against a back to back favorite in their previous play off games, and a favorite in the superbowl, Query: pp:F and pp:F and F and t:conference!=o:conference Take 2. A higher seed (for instance, 6,5,4 seed vs. a 1 or 2 seed in the other conference, I cant find a query for this one. Fade 3.) A team coming in the the superbowl off a huge scoring game, this it at its best with a team under 4 season losses. query: playoffs=1 and p:points>38 and p:playoffs=1 and t:losses<4
Great thinking! This query works when one team had a bye and the other didn't:
PO = 1 and week > 21.5 and pp:rest > 10.5 and opp:rest < 10.5
Your query in Comment #144 is only 18-15 ATS at GTD. Sometimes there is a game or two difference in the query results between GTD and KS, but this should be double-checked before risking heavy coin.
Good luck with Tulane and Nebraska.
@spottie2935
Your query in Comment #144 is only 18-15 ATS at GTD. Sometimes there is a game or two difference in the query results between GTD and KS, but this should be double-checked before risking heavy coin.
I find it difficult and inconsistent finding info on GTD. Tht site is frustrating to me. ON Killer you have 5 free queries in each sport. see if you can see if the query is 8-47 ATS like i see.
Spottie2935 on socials
I find it difficult and inconsistent finding info on GTD. Tht site is frustrating to me. ON Killer you have 5 free queries in each sport. see if you can see if the query is 8-47 ATS like i see.