Posted:
#76
Quote Originally Posted by nbafan88:
Tough game to cap but the NE offensive line is going to gel eventually. That you could pretty much take to the bank considering their youth and Belichick being Belichick... I sure see a lot of skepticism about Brady. I'm pretty sure he sees it too in the local and national media and there is no better way to shut the critics up than on MNF.
I like Andy Reid and respect him but he sure seems to make some boneheaded decisions. And I also think you are overemphasizing Bowe.... especially against the NE pass defense. Alex smith will be on his a-s-s just as much or more than Brady... sacks over 5?
Still pondering this game myself, my fear of taking the chiefs is if charles aggravates that injury, the chiefs are in big trouble. Good luck
Tough game to cap but the NE offensive line is going to gel eventually. That you could pretty much take to the bank considering their youth and Belichick being Belichick... I sure see a lot of skepticism about Brady. I'm pretty sure he sees it too in the local and national media and there is no better way to shut the critics up than on MNF.
I like Andy Reid and respect him but he sure seems to make some boneheaded decisions. And I also think you are overemphasizing Bowe.... especially against the NE pass defense. Alex smith will be on his a-s-s just as much or more than Brady... sacks over 5?
Still pondering this game myself, my fear of taking the chiefs is if charles aggravates that injury, the chiefs are in big trouble. Good luck
Interesting point you've made regarding Smith being under pressure tonight. I looked at that angle and I studied the reason he was sacked 5 times against Miami. 3 of the 5 sacks were stunt blitzes through the A and B gaps when Davis missed his blocking assignment. Charles will be back tonight so I'm assuming he has a better grasp of blocking assignments than the rookie. The other main reason KC'S offensive line has looked bad is because Smith hasn't checked down, he's held onto the ball way too long. These mistakes are very correctable and Smith has a high football IQ. I expect to see the Chiefs execute on shorter routes, three step drops and dump offs out of the flat to help correct mistakes made against the Dolphins and Chiefs.
