• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NFL Betting Forum

    Monday

    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»
    amd
    TrojanTodd
    billsneedhelp
    BigBadBruin
    Bear_Down74
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 15416
    Posts: 122
    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»
     
    amd
    amd
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 33110
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 12:10 PM ET #51

    Quote Originally Posted by billsneedhelp:

    AMD I appreciate your insight and your reference to stats on these teams, however you are forgetting on every import stat on these 2 teams:

    Turnover Differential- KC has a -5 turnover differential & Pats have a +6 turnover differential. 

    KC ranks dead last at # 32 and Pats share the tie at #1 with Bengals in this category. 

    I see this being a very close low scoring game where every yard & possession counts and I think Belicheck focuses on playing that mistake free football and taking away an opponents biggest threat (Charles) that gets them the win. Pats have a very good D as well and I see them running the ball alot themselves and forcing Smith to beat them in the air. Pats will take away Charles and not allow KC to run all over them. 

    I see a low scoring grinding game Pats can play this style football these days and will make one more play than KC to get the win by a small margin.

     I like Pats -2.5 and UNDER 46.5 probably will parlay the 2 for a nice payout. 

    Thanks for the post. Trust me, I'm aware of the turnover differential, it's been discussed in just about every broadcast. It's an important stat, I agree, however, I find these stats slightly trivial through only the first 3 games. You can spin a writeup any way you want in order to favor the team youre backing. There's so many angles and stats that we can cover when breaking down a game that its relatively easy to make either team sound justified in backing them tonight. Just as you've mentioned the  turnover margin, what do you have to say about NE giving up 4 yds per rushing attempt? Again, very trivial. Ive only discussed a very small sample and it just happened to be about Brady. If I'm going to make a play against Brady, I'm going to have a damn good reason to do so and it appears that KC has a favorable matchup with their front 7 against the Pats offense. Why is it that bad teams such as the Raiders and Dolphins are making the Patriots look average so far this year? This will be a common theme this year, in my opinion. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by billsneedhelp:

    AMD I appreciate your insight and your reference to stats on these teams, however you are forgetting on every import stat on these 2 teams:

    Turnover Differential- KC has a -5 turnover differential & Pats have a +6 turnover differential. 

    KC ranks dead last at # 32 and Pats share the tie at #1 with Bengals in this category. 

    I see this being a very close low scoring game where every yard & possession counts and I think Belicheck focuses on playing that mistake free football and taking away an opponents biggest threat (Charles) that gets them the win. Pats have a very good D as well and I see them running the ball alot themselves and forcing Smith to beat them in the air. Pats will take away Charles and not allow KC to run all over them. 

    I see a low scoring grinding game Pats can play this style football these days and will make one more play than KC to get the win by a small margin.

     I like Pats -2.5 and UNDER 46.5 probably will parlay the 2 for a nice payout. 

    Thanks for the post. Trust me, I'm aware of the turnover differential, it's been discussed in just about every broadcast. It's an important stat, I agree, however, I find these stats slightly trivial through only the first 3 games. You can spin a writeup any way you want in order to favor the team youre backing. There's so many angles and stats that we can cover when breaking down a game that its relatively easy to make either team sound justified in backing them tonight. Just as you've mentioned the  turnover margin, what do you have to say about NE giving up 4 yds per rushing attempt? Again, very trivial. Ive only discussed a very small sample and it just happened to be about Brady. If I'm going to make a play against Brady, I'm going to have a damn good reason to do so and it appears that KC has a favorable matchup with their front 7 against the Pats offense. Why is it that bad teams such as the Raiders and Dolphins are making the Patriots look average so far this year? This will be a common theme this year, in my opinion. 
     
    TrojanTodd
    TrojanTodd
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 6113
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 12:17 PM ET #52

    I love the play!  
    Reply
    I love the play!  
     
    billsneedhelp
    billsneedhelp
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2010
    Posts: 4314
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 12:56 PM ET #53

    Quote Originally Posted by amd:


    Thanks for the post. Trust me, I'm aware of the turnover differential, it's been discussed in just about every broadcast. It's an important stat, I agree, however, I find these stats slightly trivial through only the first 3 games. You can spin a writeup any way you want in order to favor the team youre backing. There's so many angles and stats that we can cover when breaking down a game that its relatively easy to make either team sound justified in backing them tonight. Just as you've mentioned the  turnover margin, what do you have to say about NE giving up 4 yds per rushing attempt? Again, very trivial. Ive only discussed a very small sample and it just happened to be about Brady. If I'm going to make a play against Brady, I'm going to have a damn good reason to do so and it appears that KC has a favorable matchup with their front 7 against the Pats offense. Why is it that bad teams such as the Raiders and Dolphins are making the Patriots look average so far this year? This will be a common theme this year, in my opinion. 

    I agree you can spin a writeup/stats to make either team look justified. So let me just throw a few more non obvious ones out there and we'll move on.

    Everyone is talking about the Chiefs Defense. Well stats actually show Pats ranked 3rd overall in total Defense and Chiefs 11th. Surprised? However, Pats rank 1st in Pass defense however ranked 11th in rush defense. Chiefs rank 23rd in rushing defense, 11th in pass. So yes the Pats are weaker against the run you are right and with the Chiefs strong run game that looks like a mismatch.

    Also everyone is talking about the Pats O line issues but stats showing the Chiefs have surrendered 11 sacks, while the Pats have surrendered 7 total. Surprised? Of course there are qb hurries and hits that also matter I know not just sacks.

    Now I normally don't back teams that have a mismatch in the trenches. In this case Pats problematic O-line vs Chiefs strong front 7. However I am banking on the Pats correcting some things with their O line tonight. They know its a big issue and they are well aware that protecting Brady is crucial. I think the pats o line will be very focused on playing strong tonight. The thing is they HAVE TO and they know this. I think Belichick will have the o line very prepared for the chiefs pass rush. I saw something where the o line came in early in the morning on a practice day at Gillette to put extra work in. They are focused to correct. Pats are usually very good at fixing problems. 

    Also to note is that the Chief's pass rush comes from the edges and where the pats have problems is pressure coming from the interior because Brady is a natural pocket passer and likes to step up in the pocket to avoid edge pressure. If the pats o line can hold off Hali & the guy on the other edge long enough outside they can move the chains . 

    It's no secret that teams have figured out you must pressure brady to beat the pats. Thats how the Giants pulled the major upset in Sb 2007. Lots of pressure dialed up from the middle. This is not where the Chiefs pressure comes from so it shouldn't be as disruptive to brady.

    Also Pats have some under the radar pass rushers themselves that can do some damage. Don't be surprised if you see Smith on the ground more than Brady.

    The Pats are one of my fav teams to play on because they always find ways to win and I just generally TRUST them to get the job done. I believe they get the job done tonight.

    The bottom line is I am banking on these 4 main factors.

    1. Pats to show much improved O line play and contain KC pass rush.

    2. Brady to have a good game on primetime. He is very competitive and hates looking bad on primetime.

    3.Beleicheck to out coach and out strategize Reid. 

    4. Pats making little mistakes and winning the turnover battle.

    AMD I think you are a good capper and was hoping to see you on the Pats tonight. But best of luck tonight.



    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by amd:


    Thanks for the post. Trust me, I'm aware of the turnover differential, it's been discussed in just about every broadcast. It's an important stat, I agree, however, I find these stats slightly trivial through only the first 3 games. You can spin a writeup any way you want in order to favor the team youre backing. There's so many angles and stats that we can cover when breaking down a game that its relatively easy to make either team sound justified in backing them tonight. Just as you've mentioned the  turnover margin, what do you have to say about NE giving up 4 yds per rushing attempt? Again, very trivial. Ive only discussed a very small sample and it just happened to be about Brady. If I'm going to make a play against Brady, I'm going to have a damn good reason to do so and it appears that KC has a favorable matchup with their front 7 against the Pats offense. Why is it that bad teams such as the Raiders and Dolphins are making the Patriots look average so far this year? This will be a common theme this year, in my opinion. 

    I agree you can spin a writeup/stats to make either team look justified. So let me just throw a few more non obvious ones out there and we'll move on.

    Everyone is talking about the Chiefs Defense. Well stats actually show Pats ranked 3rd overall in total Defense and Chiefs 11th. Surprised? However, Pats rank 1st in Pass defense however ranked 11th in rush defense. Chiefs rank 23rd in rushing defense, 11th in pass. So yes the Pats are weaker against the run you are right and with the Chiefs strong run game that looks like a mismatch.

    Also everyone is talking about the Pats O line issues but stats showing the Chiefs have surrendered 11 sacks, while the Pats have surrendered 7 total. Surprised? Of course there are qb hurries and hits that also matter I know not just sacks.

    Now I normally don't back teams that have a mismatch in the trenches. In this case Pats problematic O-line vs Chiefs strong front 7. However I am banking on the Pats correcting some things with their O line tonight. They know its a big issue and they are well aware that protecting Brady is crucial. I think the pats o line will be very focused on playing strong tonight. The thing is they HAVE TO and they know this. I think Belichick will have the o line very prepared for the chiefs pass rush. I saw something where the o line came in early in the morning on a practice day at Gillette to put extra work in. They are focused to correct. Pats are usually very good at fixing problems. 

    Also to note is that the Chief's pass rush comes from the edges and where the pats have problems is pressure coming from the interior because Brady is a natural pocket passer and likes to step up in the pocket to avoid edge pressure. If the pats o line can hold off Hali & the guy on the other edge long enough outside they can move the chains . 

    It's no secret that teams have figured out you must pressure brady to beat the pats. Thats how the Giants pulled the major upset in Sb 2007. Lots of pressure dialed up from the middle. This is not where the Chiefs pressure comes from so it shouldn't be as disruptive to brady.

    Also Pats have some under the radar pass rushers themselves that can do some damage. Don't be surprised if you see Smith on the ground more than Brady.

    The Pats are one of my fav teams to play on because they always find ways to win and I just generally TRUST them to get the job done. I believe they get the job done tonight.

    The bottom line is I am banking on these 4 main factors.

    1. Pats to show much improved O line play and contain KC pass rush.

    2. Brady to have a good game on primetime. He is very competitive and hates looking bad on primetime.

    3.Beleicheck to out coach and out strategize Reid. 

    4. Pats making little mistakes and winning the turnover battle.

    AMD I think you are a good capper and was hoping to see you on the Pats tonight. But best of luck tonight.



     
    BigBadBruin
    BigBadBruin
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2010
    Posts: 1755
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 1:24 PM ET #54

    pats are starting two rookies tonight on O-line

    Stork at center
    Cam fleming at right guard
    Reply
    pats are starting two rookies tonight on O-line

    Stork at center
    Cam fleming at right guard
     
    Bear_Down74
    Bear_Down74
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 793
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 1:27 PM ET #55

    Awesome write ups. I'm new on here but been reading a long time. Great stuff!
    Reply
    Awesome write ups. I'm new on here but been reading a long time. Great stuff!
     
    amd
    amd
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 33110
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 1:28 PM ET #56

    Quote Originally Posted by billsneedhelp:


    I agree you can spin a writeup/stats to make either team look justified. So let me just throw a few more non obvious ones out there and we'll move on.

    Everyone is talking about the Chiefs Defense. Well stats actually show Pats ranked 3rd overall in total Defense and Chiefs 11th. Surprised? However, Pats rank 1st in Pass defense however ranked 11th in rush defense. Chiefs rank 23rd in rushing defense, 11th in pass. So yes the Pats are weaker against the run you are right and with the Chiefs strong run game that looks like a mismatch.

    Also everyone is talking about the Pats O line issues but stats showing the Chiefs have surrendered 11 sacks, while the Pats have surrendered 7 total. Surprised? Of course there are qb hurries and hits that also matter I know not just sacks.

    Now I normally don't back teams that have a mismatch in the trenches. In this case Pats problematic O-line vs Chiefs strong front 7. However I am banking on the Pats correcting some things with their O line tonight. They know its a big issue and they are well aware that protecting Brady is crucial. I think the pats o line will be very focused on playing strong tonight. The thing is they HAVE TO and they know this. I think Belichick will have the o line very prepared for the chiefs pass rush. I saw something where the o line came in early in the morning on a practice day at Gillette to put extra work in. They are focused to correct. Pats are usually very good at fixing problems. 

    Also to note is that the Chief's pass rush comes from the edges and where the pats have problems is pressure coming from the interior because Brady is a natural pocket passer and likes to step up in the pocket to avoid edge pressure. If the pats o line can hold off Hali & the guy on the other edge long enough outside they can move the chains . 

    It's no secret that teams have figured out you must pressure brady to beat the pats. Thats how the Giants pulled the major upset in Sb 2007. Lots of pressure dialed up from the middle. This is not where the Chiefs pressure comes from so it shouldn't be as disruptive to brady.

    Also Pats have some under the radar pass rushers themselves that can do some damage. Don't be surprised if you see Smith on the ground more than Brady.

    The Pats are one of my fav teams to play on because they always find ways to win and I just generally TRUST them to get the job done. I believe they get the job done tonight.

    The bottom line is I am banking on these 4 main factors.

    1. Pats to show much improved O line play and contain KC pass rush.

    2. Brady to have a good game on primetime. He is very competitive and hates looking bad on primetime.

    3.Beleicheck to out coach and out strategize Reid. 

    4. Pats making little mistakes and winning the turnover battle.

    AMD I think you are a good capper and was hoping to see you on the Pats tonight. But best of luck tonight.




    Thanks, again, for your time and information....great post. Regardless of tonight, I hope it's a great week for you, good luck.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by billsneedhelp:


    I agree you can spin a writeup/stats to make either team look justified. So let me just throw a few more non obvious ones out there and we'll move on.

    Everyone is talking about the Chiefs Defense. Well stats actually show Pats ranked 3rd overall in total Defense and Chiefs 11th. Surprised? However, Pats rank 1st in Pass defense however ranked 11th in rush defense. Chiefs rank 23rd in rushing defense, 11th in pass. So yes the Pats are weaker against the run you are right and with the Chiefs strong run game that looks like a mismatch.

    Also everyone is talking about the Pats O line issues but stats showing the Chiefs have surrendered 11 sacks, while the Pats have surrendered 7 total. Surprised? Of course there are qb hurries and hits that also matter I know not just sacks.

    Now I normally don't back teams that have a mismatch in the trenches. In this case Pats problematic O-line vs Chiefs strong front 7. However I am banking on the Pats correcting some things with their O line tonight. They know its a big issue and they are well aware that protecting Brady is crucial. I think the pats o line will be very focused on playing strong tonight. The thing is they HAVE TO and they know this. I think Belichick will have the o line very prepared for the chiefs pass rush. I saw something where the o line came in early in the morning on a practice day at Gillette to put extra work in. They are focused to correct. Pats are usually very good at fixing problems. 

    Also to note is that the Chief's pass rush comes from the edges and where the pats have problems is pressure coming from the interior because Brady is a natural pocket passer and likes to step up in the pocket to avoid edge pressure. If the pats o line can hold off Hali & the guy on the other edge long enough outside they can move the chains . 

    It's no secret that teams have figured out you must pressure brady to beat the pats. Thats how the Giants pulled the major upset in Sb 2007. Lots of pressure dialed up from the middle. This is not where the Chiefs pressure comes from so it shouldn't be as disruptive to brady.

    Also Pats have some under the radar pass rushers themselves that can do some damage. Don't be surprised if you see Smith on the ground more than Brady.

    The Pats are one of my fav teams to play on because they always find ways to win and I just generally TRUST them to get the job done. I believe they get the job done tonight.

    The bottom line is I am banking on these 4 main factors.

    1. Pats to show much improved O line play and contain KC pass rush.

    2. Brady to have a good game on primetime. He is very competitive and hates looking bad on primetime.

    3.Beleicheck to out coach and out strategize Reid. 

    4. Pats making little mistakes and winning the turnover battle.

    AMD I think you are a good capper and was hoping to see you on the Pats tonight. But best of luck tonight.




    Thanks, again, for your time and information....great post. Regardless of tonight, I hope it's a great week for you, good luck.
     
    slomotion
    slomotion
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 2852
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 1:31 PM ET #57

    Quote Originally Posted by amd:


    I don't think NE will make this game a high scoring affair and after I read an article by Brad Gagnon from CBS Sports, he provided some useful information that affirmed my play on KC. In 2007, Brady completed a league high 31 completions on throws of at least 20 yards and 16 of those throws went for tds. Last year, Brady had just four deep td passes and only 20 completions over 20 yds. This year, Brady has just one completion over 20 yds in 13 attempts. At 37 yrs of age, the philosophy of New England's offensive scheme has changed. Brady has struggled finding a pocket to throw in because the guard play and center have been a liability on the offensive line. He also doesn't have the weapons on the outside that we are accustomed to watching. Gronk is unhealthy, Thompkins, LaFell and Dobson are all a work in progress. Last year, his receivers dropped 53 passes. No other team had more than 43 dropped passes. So between pass protection issues and dropped passes that include this season, play calling has become more conservative. The Patriots offensive line has allowed more hits (44) on Brady than any team in the NFL through 4 weeks. Because of this, the Patriots have turned to their running game more this season than at any other time in the last decade through the first quarter of the season. Now, the Patriots have to face a 3-4 defense that has excellent pass rushers in Hali and Houston who combined for 22 sacks last season and already have 5 this season, ranking the chiefs pass rush at #2 through the first 3 weeks. Brady ranks 25th out of 31 starting qbs with a completion percentage of 37 percent under duress. The matchup for KCs defense is against Brady and the offensive line is a mismatch. Against KCs blitz packages, opposing qbs have completed just 43 percent of their throws with a meager 74 efficiency rating. As for the KC offense, I like the weapons around Smith. KC expects Charles to be active and Davis has been productive thus far. Bowe is a big threat on the outside who has big play potential as long as the rushing attack finds some holes in which I believe it will. I don't see this game being a shoot out. I look for KC to try and control the clock and get themselves in 3rd and short and continue to pound the rock to convert 3rd downs. I think KC will win this game 24-20

      I couldn't have said it better myself. Every point you mentioned I have on my mind. And at +3.5 at home, I like it even more.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by amd:


    I don't think NE will make this game a high scoring affair and after I read an article by Brad Gagnon from CBS Sports, he provided some useful information that affirmed my play on KC. In 2007, Brady completed a league high 31 completions on throws of at least 20 yards and 16 of those throws went for tds. Last year, Brady had just four deep td passes and only 20 completions over 20 yds. This year, Brady has just one completion over 20 yds in 13 attempts. At 37 yrs of age, the philosophy of New England's offensive scheme has changed. Brady has struggled finding a pocket to throw in because the guard play and center have been a liability on the offensive line. He also doesn't have the weapons on the outside that we are accustomed to watching. Gronk is unhealthy, Thompkins, LaFell and Dobson are all a work in progress. Last year, his receivers dropped 53 passes. No other team had more than 43 dropped passes. So between pass protection issues and dropped passes that include this season, play calling has become more conservative. The Patriots offensive line has allowed more hits (44) on Brady than any team in the NFL through 4 weeks. Because of this, the Patriots have turned to their running game more this season than at any other time in the last decade through the first quarter of the season. Now, the Patriots have to face a 3-4 defense that has excellent pass rushers in Hali and Houston who combined for 22 sacks last season and already have 5 this season, ranking the chiefs pass rush at #2 through the first 3 weeks. Brady ranks 25th out of 31 starting qbs with a completion percentage of 37 percent under duress. The matchup for KCs defense is against Brady and the offensive line is a mismatch. Against KCs blitz packages, opposing qbs have completed just 43 percent of their throws with a meager 74 efficiency rating. As for the KC offense, I like the weapons around Smith. KC expects Charles to be active and Davis has been productive thus far. Bowe is a big threat on the outside who has big play potential as long as the rushing attack finds some holes in which I believe it will. I don't see this game being a shoot out. I look for KC to try and control the clock and get themselves in 3rd and short and continue to pound the rock to convert 3rd downs. I think KC will win this game 24-20

      I couldn't have said it better myself. Every point you mentioned I have on my mind. And at +3.5 at home, I like it even more.  
     
    MarkDogg2014
    MarkDogg2014
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2014
    Posts: 1459
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 1:33 PM ET #58

    Reply
     
    PGAromes82
    PGAromes82
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 2823
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 1:54 PM ET #59

    I am a long time Chiefs fan and I have to disagree with you on Smith having weapons. Bowe is a shell of his old self. Big play potential? You have to throw the ball down the field for that and Captain Check down doesn't. Avery, Fasano, Kelce, Hemingway. Hammond Jr, Jenkins etc... Charles is a big threat and Davis is a good compliment but those receivers I mentioned wtf? lol He has nobody. Bowe can't get open and he is double teamed most of time. KC falls behind we are dreadful. If you load up the box and stop the run what will KC do. I would feel comfortable with playing man coverage with the LACK of talent of KCs WRs and blitze the garbage out of Captain Check down. Now our defense I agree with you. Big mismatch with our D-line and their O-line. We will put pressure on Brady and knock him around a bit. It will come down to defense and special teams. It will be a close game but not banking on this years KC team. They lost to Tennessee in their home opener. So not much of a home field advantage. We are better on the road in the 2 away games. Under the bright lights I like NE here way more than KC. What KC game will show up tonight?
    “You don’t get what you hope for, you get what you work for!”
    Reply
    I am a long time Chiefs fan and I have to disagree with you on Smith having weapons. Bowe is a shell of his old self. Big play potential? You have to throw the ball down the field for that and Captain Check down doesn't. Avery, Fasano, Kelce, Hemingway. Hammond Jr, Jenkins etc... Charles is a big threat and Davis is a good compliment but those receivers I mentioned wtf? lol He has nobody. Bowe can't get open and he is double teamed most of time. KC falls behind we are dreadful. If you load up the box and stop the run what will KC do. I would feel comfortable with playing man coverage with the LACK of talent of KCs WRs and blitze the garbage out of Captain Check down. Now our defense I agree with you. Big mismatch with our D-line and their O-line. We will put pressure on Brady and knock him around a bit. It will come down to defense and special teams. It will be a close game but not banking on this years KC team. They lost to Tennessee in their home opener. So not much of a home field advantage. We are better on the road in the 2 away games. Under the bright lights I like NE here way more than KC. What KC game will show up tonight?
     
    PGAromes82
    PGAromes82
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 2823
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 1:59 PM ET #60

    Sorry poorly written lol. *We are better on the road then at home. *What KC team will show up tonight? 
    “You don’t get what you hope for, you get what you work for!”
    Reply
    Sorry poorly written lol. *We are better on the road then at home. *What KC team will show up tonight? 
     
    PGAromes82
    PGAromes82
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 2823
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 2:07 PM ET #61

    KC special teams is pretty bad as well. Let go of a pretty reliable kicker in Succop. McCluster I understand they had to let go because of the money but the guy they got to replace him Thomas can't get on the field. In previous years special teams was one of the strengths of this team. Now not so much. We have tightened up the wallet when it comes to ST. Big advantage for NE also
    “You don’t get what you hope for, you get what you work for!”
    Reply
    KC special teams is pretty bad as well. Let go of a pretty reliable kicker in Succop. McCluster I understand they had to let go because of the money but the guy they got to replace him Thomas can't get on the field. In previous years special teams was one of the strengths of this team. Now not so much. We have tightened up the wallet when it comes to ST. Big advantage for NE also
     
    insatiable
    insatiable
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 36896
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 2:10 PM ET #62

    I love it buddy!! Let's make that money
    Reply
    I love it buddy!! Let's make that money
     
    nbafan88
    nbafan88
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2008
    Posts: 26899
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 2:12 PM ET #63

    Tough game to cap but the NE offensive line is going to gel eventually. That you could pretty much take to the bank considering their youth and Belichick being Belichick... I sure see a lot of skepticism about Brady. I'm pretty sure he sees it too in the local and national media and there is no better way to shut the critics up than on MNF.

    I like Andy Reid and respect him but he sure seems to make some boneheaded decisions. And I also think you are overemphasizing Bowe.... especially against the NE pass defense. Alex smith will be on his a-s-s just as much or more than Brady... sacks over 5?

    Still pondering this game myself, my fear of taking the chiefs is if charles aggravates that injury, the chiefs are in big trouble. Good luck



    Reply
    Tough game to cap but the NE offensive line is going to gel eventually. That you could pretty much take to the bank considering their youth and Belichick being Belichick... I sure see a lot of skepticism about Brady. I'm pretty sure he sees it too in the local and national media and there is no better way to shut the critics up than on MNF.

    I like Andy Reid and respect him but he sure seems to make some boneheaded decisions. And I also think you are overemphasizing Bowe.... especially against the NE pass defense. Alex smith will be on his a-s-s just as much or more than Brady... sacks over 5?

    Still pondering this game myself, my fear of taking the chiefs is if charles aggravates that injury, the chiefs are in big trouble. Good luck



     
    Hypnos2004
    Hypnos2004
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 12720
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 2:16 PM ET #64

    With u buddy
    Reply
    With u buddy
     
    juniordps
    juniordps
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 122
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 2:19 PM ET #65

    Im putting good $$$on the under 47.5 on this game tonight .. What you think AMD ?
    Reply
    Im putting good $$$on the under 47.5 on this game tonight .. What you think AMD ?
     
    sciroccin
    sciroccin
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 161
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 2:22 PM ET #66

    Good luck, I'm on the same side
    Reply
    Good luck, I'm on the same side
     
    capskip
    capskip
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 33526
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 3:04 PM ET #67

    Best of Luck tonight buddy...

    Reply

    Best of Luck tonight buddy...

     
    Denverb
    Denverb
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 5162
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 3:19 PM ET #68

    GL Bud I am with you
    Reply
    GL Bud I am with you
     
    Golferman
    Golferman
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 1412
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 4:24 PM ET #69

    Quote Originally Posted by amd:


    Thanks a lot for your posts. Regarding the Saints, be careful playing them against Tampa. The loss tonight and against Cleveland and Atlanta are more of the norm than anomolies. This team is not a good team on either side of the ball. One would think that a team like Tampa would be good medicine for Nawlins but for the Saints to be laying double digits with their defense that gets carved up every week, I'll pass. It's nothing more than the Drew and Jimmy show down at the Superdome and as we've seen, they need much more help than those two guys. 
    As for the look ahead spot and Alex Smith, I would bet that Smith hasn't thought about San Francisco once this week while preparing for NE. If anything, he's preparing to show his stuff in front of the national audience tonight. However, I don't think Smith has to win this game, he just has to be a game manager and not turn the ball over. I like Smiths play, overall. In fact, I think the Niners would be better off with him than Kaepernick. 

    Another great week amd! Good going and stay hot my friend. You are absolutely correct about my Saints. So sad. They looked flat out pitiful, with exception to 2 drives and those were not that great! As far as the game against TB, again you are correct, but to add to that, TB is always one of the toughest games for the Saints, regardless of how each team is playing. TB always has their number or at least gives them total fits and extremely close games. This year could be a blowout by TB against the Saints poor D.

    BOL tonight! My numbers come up KC 20 - NE 17.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by amd:


    Thanks a lot for your posts. Regarding the Saints, be careful playing them against Tampa. The loss tonight and against Cleveland and Atlanta are more of the norm than anomolies. This team is not a good team on either side of the ball. One would think that a team like Tampa would be good medicine for Nawlins but for the Saints to be laying double digits with their defense that gets carved up every week, I'll pass. It's nothing more than the Drew and Jimmy show down at the Superdome and as we've seen, they need much more help than those two guys. 
    As for the look ahead spot and Alex Smith, I would bet that Smith hasn't thought about San Francisco once this week while preparing for NE. If anything, he's preparing to show his stuff in front of the national audience tonight. However, I don't think Smith has to win this game, he just has to be a game manager and not turn the ball over. I like Smiths play, overall. In fact, I think the Niners would be better off with him than Kaepernick. 

    Another great week amd! Good going and stay hot my friend. You are absolutely correct about my Saints. So sad. They looked flat out pitiful, with exception to 2 drives and those were not that great! As far as the game against TB, again you are correct, but to add to that, TB is always one of the toughest games for the Saints, regardless of how each team is playing. TB always has their number or at least gives them total fits and extremely close games. This year could be a blowout by TB against the Saints poor D.

    BOL tonight! My numbers come up KC 20 - NE 17.

     
    docircho
    docircho
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 12813
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 4:25 PM ET #70

    GL buddy
    Reply
    GL buddy
     
    billsneedhelp
    billsneedhelp
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2010
    Posts: 4314
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 5:05 PM ET #71

    Quote Originally Posted by amd:


    Thanks, again, for your time and information....great post. Regardless of tonight, I hope it's a great week for you, good luck.

    Right on brother thanks you too.  Like I said I'm really gambling the Pats O line to play much better this game if they don't it could get ugly for them and my play. But I think we agree it will be a tight game. GL tonight 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by amd:


    Thanks, again, for your time and information....great post. Regardless of tonight, I hope it's a great week for you, good luck.

    Right on brother thanks you too.  Like I said I'm really gambling the Pats O line to play much better this game if they don't it could get ugly for them and my play. But I think we agree it will be a tight game. GL tonight 
     
    boltsfan
    boltsfan
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 3392
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 5:22 PM ET #72

    Good luck amd... love KC in this spot.

    Just like Dallas and Minny people have tunnel vision on teams like NE, NO, Atl, etc....
    Reply
    Good luck amd... love KC in this spot.

    Just like Dallas and Minny people have tunnel vision on teams like NE, NO, Atl, etc....
     
    BigPapa21
    BigPapa21
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 3212
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 5:26 PM ET #73

    GL AMD...
    Reply
    GL AMD...
     
    amd
    amd
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 33110
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 5:40 PM ET #74

    Quote Originally Posted by Golferman:

    Another great week amd! Good going and stay hot my friend. You are absolutely correct about my Saints. So sad. They looked flat out pitiful, with exception to 2 drives and those were not that great! As far as the game against TB, again you are correct, but to add to that, TB is always one of the toughest games for the Saints, regardless of how each team is playing. TB always has their number or at least gives them total fits and extremely close games. This year could be a blowout by TB against the Saints poor D.

    BOL tonight! My numbers come up KC 20 - NE 17.


    Good to see your post buddy.... I agree, a lot of work needs to be done in New Orleans and it won't be fixed in a week. As much as I'd like to see that team be successful, I think i may be against them on the spread this week. Nice to see your play for tonight, good luck
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Golferman:

    Another great week amd! Good going and stay hot my friend. You are absolutely correct about my Saints. So sad. They looked flat out pitiful, with exception to 2 drives and those were not that great! As far as the game against TB, again you are correct, but to add to that, TB is always one of the toughest games for the Saints, regardless of how each team is playing. TB always has their number or at least gives them total fits and extremely close games. This year could be a blowout by TB against the Saints poor D.

    BOL tonight! My numbers come up KC 20 - NE 17.


    Good to see your post buddy.... I agree, a lot of work needs to be done in New Orleans and it won't be fixed in a week. As much as I'd like to see that team be successful, I think i may be against them on the spread this week. Nice to see your play for tonight, good luck
     
     
    hugobaws
    hugobaws
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 143
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 6:02 PM ET #75

    AMD do you flat bet? I'm trying to work out what's best, some say flat betting is the best because as long as you win more games than you lose you'll be up(52.4%) but others say using multiple units the best because then you can hit bigger plays and not need as high of a winning percentage to pump out big profits.
    Reply
    AMD do you flat bet? I'm trying to work out what's best, some say flat betting is the best because as long as you win more games than you lose you'll be up(52.4%) but others say using multiple units the best because then you can hit bigger plays and not need as high of a winning percentage to pump out big profits.
    All Forums | NFL Betting Forum
    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,673
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,321
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,052
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,789
    • MLB Playoffs 5,524
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,449
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 5,968
    • Sunday nFl Wk 4 7,032
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,298
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,019

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.