• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NFL Betting Forum

    Monday

    12345 Next Last»
    amd
    baller909
    XLH
    MrMoneyBags11
    2Team_Parlay
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 15416
    Posts: 122
    12345 Next Last»
     
    amd
    amd
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 33110
    Posted: Sep. 28, 2014 - 11:42 PM ET #1

    Ytd  26-12



    Kansas City  +3.5  -115
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Ytd  26-12



    Kansas City  +3.5  -115
     
    baller909
    baller909
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 3788
    Posted: Sep. 28, 2014 - 11:45 PM ET #2

    AMD...you think chiefs can keep up with brady and co if it becomes a high scoring affair?

    Reply

    AMD...you think chiefs can keep up with brady and co if it becomes a high scoring affair?

     
    XLH
    XLH
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 389
    Posted: Sep. 28, 2014 - 11:46 PM ET #3

    Reply
     
    MrMoneyBags11
    MrMoneyBags11
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 418
    Posted: Sep. 28, 2014 - 11:47 PM ET #4

     Leaning that way too
    Reply
     Leaning that way too
     
    2Team_Parlay
    2Team_Parlay
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 10338
    Posted: Sep. 28, 2014 - 11:57 PM ET #5

    opposite side bol 
    Reply
    opposite side bol 
     
    FadeOnly
    FadeOnly
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 16675
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 12:09 AM ET #6

    Good luck, bud.  Leaning the other way...  
    Reply
    Good luck, bud.  Leaning the other way...  
     
    amd
    amd
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 33110
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 12:46 AM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by baller909:

    AMD...you think chiefs can keep up with brady and co if it becomes a high scoring affair?


    I don't think NE will make this game a high scoring affair and after I read an article by Brad Gagnon from CBS Sports, he provided some useful information that affirmed my play on KC. In 2007, Brady completed a league high 31 completions on throws of at least 20 yards and 16 of those throws went for tds. Last year, Brady had just four deep td passes and only 20 completions over 20 yds. This year, Brady has just one completion over 20 yds in 13 attempts. At 37 yrs of age, the philosophy of New England's offensive scheme has changed. Brady has struggled finding a pocket to throw in because the guard play and center have been a liability on the offensive line. He also doesn't have the weapons on the outside that we are accustomed to watching. Gronk is unhealthy, Thompkins, LaFell and Dobson are all a work in progress. Last year, his receivers dropped 53 passes. No other team had more than 43 dropped passes. So between pass protection issues and dropped passes that include this season, play calling has become more conservative. The Patriots offensive line has allowed more hits (44) on Brady than any team in the NFL through 4 weeks. Because of this, the Patriots have turned to their running game more this season than at any other time in the last decade through the first quarter of the season. Now, the Patriots have to face a 3-4 defense that has excellent pass rushers in Hali and Houston who combined for 22 sacks last season and already have 5 this season, ranking the chiefs pass rush at #2 through the first 3 weeks. Brady ranks 25th out of 31 starting qbs with a completion percentage of 37 percent under duress. The matchup for KCs defense is against Brady and the offensive line is a mismatch. Against KCs blitz packages, opposing qbs have completed just 43 percent of their throws with a meager 74 efficiency rating. As for the KC offense, I like the weapons around Smith. KC expects Charles to be active and Davis has been productive thus far. Bowe is a big threat on the outside who has big play potential as long as the rushing attack finds some holes in which I believe it will. I don't see this game being a shoot out. I look for KC to try and control the clock and get themselves in 3rd and short and continue to pound the rock to convert 3rd downs. I think KC will win this game 24-20
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by baller909:

    AMD...you think chiefs can keep up with brady and co if it becomes a high scoring affair?


    I don't think NE will make this game a high scoring affair and after I read an article by Brad Gagnon from CBS Sports, he provided some useful information that affirmed my play on KC. In 2007, Brady completed a league high 31 completions on throws of at least 20 yards and 16 of those throws went for tds. Last year, Brady had just four deep td passes and only 20 completions over 20 yds. This year, Brady has just one completion over 20 yds in 13 attempts. At 37 yrs of age, the philosophy of New England's offensive scheme has changed. Brady has struggled finding a pocket to throw in because the guard play and center have been a liability on the offensive line. He also doesn't have the weapons on the outside that we are accustomed to watching. Gronk is unhealthy, Thompkins, LaFell and Dobson are all a work in progress. Last year, his receivers dropped 53 passes. No other team had more than 43 dropped passes. So between pass protection issues and dropped passes that include this season, play calling has become more conservative. The Patriots offensive line has allowed more hits (44) on Brady than any team in the NFL through 4 weeks. Because of this, the Patriots have turned to their running game more this season than at any other time in the last decade through the first quarter of the season. Now, the Patriots have to face a 3-4 defense that has excellent pass rushers in Hali and Houston who combined for 22 sacks last season and already have 5 this season, ranking the chiefs pass rush at #2 through the first 3 weeks. Brady ranks 25th out of 31 starting qbs with a completion percentage of 37 percent under duress. The matchup for KCs defense is against Brady and the offensive line is a mismatch. Against KCs blitz packages, opposing qbs have completed just 43 percent of their throws with a meager 74 efficiency rating. As for the KC offense, I like the weapons around Smith. KC expects Charles to be active and Davis has been productive thus far. Bowe is a big threat on the outside who has big play potential as long as the rushing attack finds some holes in which I believe it will. I don't see this game being a shoot out. I look for KC to try and control the clock and get themselves in 3rd and short and continue to pound the rock to convert 3rd downs. I think KC will win this game 24-20
     
    CallMeBruce
    CallMeBruce
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 790
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 12:49 AM ET #8

    Don't see this as a high scoring affair. NE D is pretty good and their O is pretty bad.  KC will be methodical = time.
    Reply
    Don't see this as a high scoring affair. NE D is pretty good and their O is pretty bad.  KC will be methodical = time.
     
    808-Warrior
    808-Warrior
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 777
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 12:50 AM ET #9

    I too think KC will win a close one & will go UNDER the total.  Keep up the great work! 
    Reply
    I too think KC will win a close one & will go UNDER the total.  Keep up the great work! 
     
    Bocifus
    Bocifus
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 372
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 12:56 AM ET #10

    Early lean on N.E., not crazy about either offense ytd. I'll take Brady in a close one.
    Reply
    Early lean on N.E., not crazy about either offense ytd. I'll take Brady in a close one.
     
    amd
    amd
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 33110
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 1:03 AM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by Bocifus:

    Early lean on N.E., not crazy about either offense ytd. I'll take Brady in a close one.

    Only two QBs in the league that make me nervous wagering against, Brady and Manning. However, if you look at the statistics that I posted in post #7, it puts this matchup involving Brady into perspective.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocifus:

    Early lean on N.E., not crazy about either offense ytd. I'll take Brady in a close one.

    Only two QBs in the league that make me nervous wagering against, Brady and Manning. However, if you look at the statistics that I posted in post #7, it puts this matchup involving Brady into perspective.
     
    Norbert
    Norbert
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 6576
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 1:15 AM ET #12

     Great day today amd, keep up the good work man, GL Monday night.
    Reply
     Great day today amd, keep up the good work man, GL Monday night.
     
    thejhnny
    thejhnny
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2014
    Posts: 829
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 1:18 AM ET #13

    hey amd, how many units are ur nfl plays? just wondering cuz i see you put your units on ur ncaaf plays :D thanks for the picks!
    Reply
    hey amd, how many units are ur nfl plays? just wondering cuz i see you put your units on ur ncaaf plays :D thanks for the picks!
     
    amd
    amd
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 33110
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 1:24 AM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by thejhnny:

    hey amd, how many units are ur nfl plays? just wondering cuz i see you put your units on ur ncaaf plays :D thanks for the picks!

    It's variable, buddy. I haven't posted my units in the nfl forum because I forgot to do so with my first weeks plays. I'm up a shitt load but as we know, things can change in a hurry. I wager between 3-10 units, no formula, it's what my gut tells me to wager. 
    Good luck
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by thejhnny:

    hey amd, how many units are ur nfl plays? just wondering cuz i see you put your units on ur ncaaf plays :D thanks for the picks!

    It's variable, buddy. I haven't posted my units in the nfl forum because I forgot to do so with my first weeks plays. I'm up a shitt load but as we know, things can change in a hurry. I wager between 3-10 units, no formula, it's what my gut tells me to wager. 
    Good luck
     
    thejhnny
    thejhnny
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2014
    Posts: 829
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 2:09 AM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by amd:


    It's variable, buddy. I haven't posted my units in the nfl forum because I forgot to do so with my first weeks plays. I'm up a shitt load but as we know, things can change in a hurry. I wager between 3-10 units, no formula, it's what my gut tells me to wager. 
    Good luck

    ohh, i see. do you think you can post your units so I know which plays you like more?  Appreciate it sir! 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by amd:


    It's variable, buddy. I haven't posted my units in the nfl forum because I forgot to do so with my first weeks plays. I'm up a shitt load but as we know, things can change in a hurry. I wager between 3-10 units, no formula, it's what my gut tells me to wager. 
    Good luck

    ohh, i see. do you think you can post your units so I know which plays you like more?  Appreciate it sir! 
     
    ScumbagSteve
    ScumbagSteve
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 10
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 2:42 AM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by amd:


    I don't think NE will make this game a high scoring affair and after I read an article by Brad Gagnon from CBS Sports, he provided some useful information that affirmed my play on KC. In 2007, Brady completed a league high 31 completions on throws of at least 20 yards and 16 of those throws went for tds. Last year, Brady had just four deep td passes and only 20 completions over 20 yds. This year, Brady has just one completion over 20 yds in 13 attempts. At 37 yrs of age, the philosophy of New England's offensive scheme has changed. Brady has struggled finding a pocket to throw in because the guard play and center have been a liability on the offensive line. He also doesn't have the weapons on the outside that we are accustomed to watching. Gronk is unhealthy, Thompkins, LaFell and Dobson are all a work in progress. Last year, his receivers dropped 53 passes. No other team had more than 43 dropped passes. So between pass protection issues and dropped passes that include this season, play calling has become more conservative. The Patriots offensive line has allowed more hits (44) on Brady than any team in the NFL through 4 weeks. Because of this, the Patriots have turned to their running game more this season than at any other time in the last decade through the first quarter of the season. Now, the Patriots have to face a 3-4 defense that has excellent pass rushers in Hali and Houston who combined for 22 sacks last season and already have 5 this season, ranking the chiefs pass rush at #2 through the first 3 weeks. Brady ranks 25th out of 31 starting qbs with a completion percentage of 37 percent under duress. The matchup for KCs defense is against Brady and the offensive line is a mismatch. Against KCs blitz packages, opposing qbs have completed just 43 percent of their throws with a meager 74 efficiency rating. As for the KC offense, I like the weapons around Smith. KC expects Charles to be active and Davis has been productive thus far. Bowe is a big threat on the outside who has big play potential as long as the rushing attack finds some holes in which I believe it will. I don't see this game being a shoot out. I look for KC to try and control the clock and get themselves in 3rd and short and continue to pound the rock to convert 3rd downs. I think KC will win this game 24-20

    Gronk IS healthy now and will be the X factor in this game. The Chiefs passing attack will be somewhat productive, but I don't see Alex Smith taking over in a shootout against Brady. All those stats about NE are out the window once you have Gronk in the redzone. Expect his snap count to be up from last week.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by amd:


    I don't think NE will make this game a high scoring affair and after I read an article by Brad Gagnon from CBS Sports, he provided some useful information that affirmed my play on KC. In 2007, Brady completed a league high 31 completions on throws of at least 20 yards and 16 of those throws went for tds. Last year, Brady had just four deep td passes and only 20 completions over 20 yds. This year, Brady has just one completion over 20 yds in 13 attempts. At 37 yrs of age, the philosophy of New England's offensive scheme has changed. Brady has struggled finding a pocket to throw in because the guard play and center have been a liability on the offensive line. He also doesn't have the weapons on the outside that we are accustomed to watching. Gronk is unhealthy, Thompkins, LaFell and Dobson are all a work in progress. Last year, his receivers dropped 53 passes. No other team had more than 43 dropped passes. So between pass protection issues and dropped passes that include this season, play calling has become more conservative. The Patriots offensive line has allowed more hits (44) on Brady than any team in the NFL through 4 weeks. Because of this, the Patriots have turned to their running game more this season than at any other time in the last decade through the first quarter of the season. Now, the Patriots have to face a 3-4 defense that has excellent pass rushers in Hali and Houston who combined for 22 sacks last season and already have 5 this season, ranking the chiefs pass rush at #2 through the first 3 weeks. Brady ranks 25th out of 31 starting qbs with a completion percentage of 37 percent under duress. The matchup for KCs defense is against Brady and the offensive line is a mismatch. Against KCs blitz packages, opposing qbs have completed just 43 percent of their throws with a meager 74 efficiency rating. As for the KC offense, I like the weapons around Smith. KC expects Charles to be active and Davis has been productive thus far. Bowe is a big threat on the outside who has big play potential as long as the rushing attack finds some holes in which I believe it will. I don't see this game being a shoot out. I look for KC to try and control the clock and get themselves in 3rd and short and continue to pound the rock to convert 3rd downs. I think KC will win this game 24-20

    Gronk IS healthy now and will be the X factor in this game. The Chiefs passing attack will be somewhat productive, but I don't see Alex Smith taking over in a shootout against Brady. All those stats about NE are out the window once you have Gronk in the redzone. Expect his snap count to be up from last week.
     
    amd
    amd
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 33110
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 3:06 AM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by ScumbagSteve:


    Gronk IS healthy now and will be the X factor in this game. The Chiefs passing attack will be somewhat productive, but I don't see Alex Smith taking over in a shootout against Brady. All those stats about NE are out the window once you have Gronk in the redzone. Expect his snap count to be up from last week.

    As a Patriots backer, I would hope his snap count would be up this week because you had a guy by the name of Hoomanawanui that had more snaps than Gronk last week. And, sorry, I disagree with Gronk Being x factor tonight. How can a guy who only saw 55% of the snaps on offense last week be an x factor tonight? KC'S lbs are athletic and they can run with New England's tight ends. KC held Miami 's Charles Clay in check last week as well as the Titans, Delaney Walker and Denver's Julius Thomas. Thomas did score a td but his yds were still contained. I suppose you can spin the stats any way you'd like but the stats don't lie. If NE has a gameplan to protect Brady then Brady might give you another ho hum win but, honestly, the X factor will be KC'S 3rd down conversion. If they can move the ball, they'll win this game because KC'S defense will match up well against the Patriots O line.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ScumbagSteve:


    Gronk IS healthy now and will be the X factor in this game. The Chiefs passing attack will be somewhat productive, but I don't see Alex Smith taking over in a shootout against Brady. All those stats about NE are out the window once you have Gronk in the redzone. Expect his snap count to be up from last week.

    As a Patriots backer, I would hope his snap count would be up this week because you had a guy by the name of Hoomanawanui that had more snaps than Gronk last week. And, sorry, I disagree with Gronk Being x factor tonight. How can a guy who only saw 55% of the snaps on offense last week be an x factor tonight? KC'S lbs are athletic and they can run with New England's tight ends. KC held Miami 's Charles Clay in check last week as well as the Titans, Delaney Walker and Denver's Julius Thomas. Thomas did score a td but his yds were still contained. I suppose you can spin the stats any way you'd like but the stats don't lie. If NE has a gameplan to protect Brady then Brady might give you another ho hum win but, honestly, the X factor will be KC'S 3rd down conversion. If they can move the ball, they'll win this game because KC'S defense will match up well against the Patriots O line.
     
    begginerboy
    begginerboy
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2013
    Posts: 15267
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 3:23 AM ET #18

    Congrats on the big day amd, had the Saints won I would be up more. I tailed you on Det and Houston in addition to my own picks of GB and the Niners. You were right about the Saints but I still think there is too much talent on that team for them not to make a run soon. I'll back them against tampa regardless of the line. Glad tampa won this week, now they can just relax and let the Saints take out their frustrations on them before the bye week. 

    Regarding the KC game, I know this might sound strange, but any chance this might be a look-ahead game for Alex Smith? I know it is Monday night and the Patriots but next week he goes back to SF, which is even a bigger deal (for him personally). 
    Reply
    Congrats on the big day amd, had the Saints won I would be up more. I tailed you on Det and Houston in addition to my own picks of GB and the Niners. You were right about the Saints but I still think there is too much talent on that team for them not to make a run soon. I'll back them against tampa regardless of the line. Glad tampa won this week, now they can just relax and let the Saints take out their frustrations on them before the bye week. 

    Regarding the KC game, I know this might sound strange, but any chance this might be a look-ahead game for Alex Smith? I know it is Monday night and the Patriots but next week he goes back to SF, which is even a bigger deal (for him personally). 
     
    amd
    amd
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 33110
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 3:40 AM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by begginerboy:

    Congrats on the big day amd, had the Saints won I would be up more. I tailed you on Det and Houston in addition to my own picks of GB and the Niners. You were right about the Saints but I still think there is too much talent on that team for them not to make a run soon. I'll back them against tampa regardless of the line. Glad tampa won this week, now they can just relax and let the Saints take out their frustrations on them before the bye week. 

    Regarding the KC game, I know this might sound strange, but any chance this might be a look-ahead game for Alex Smith? I know it is Monday night and the Patriots but next week he goes back to SF, which is even a bigger deal (for him personally). 

    Thanks a lot for your posts. Regarding the Saints, be careful playing them against Tampa. The loss tonight and against Cleveland and Atlanta are more of the norm than anomolies. This team is not a good team on either side of the ball. One would think that a team like Tampa would be good medicine for Nawlins but for the Saints to be laying double digits with their defense that gets carved up every week, I'll pass. It's nothing more than the Drew and Jimmy show down at the Superdome and as we've seen, they need much more help than those two guys. 
    As for the look ahead spot and Alex Smith, I would bet that Smith hasn't thought about San Francisco once this week while preparing for NE. If anything, he's preparing to show his stuff in front of the national audience tonight. However, I don't think Smith has to win this game, he just has to be a game manager and not turn the ball over. I like Smiths play, overall. In fact, I think the Niners would be better off with him than Kaepernick. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by begginerboy:

    Congrats on the big day amd, had the Saints won I would be up more. I tailed you on Det and Houston in addition to my own picks of GB and the Niners. You were right about the Saints but I still think there is too much talent on that team for them not to make a run soon. I'll back them against tampa regardless of the line. Glad tampa won this week, now they can just relax and let the Saints take out their frustrations on them before the bye week. 

    Regarding the KC game, I know this might sound strange, but any chance this might be a look-ahead game for Alex Smith? I know it is Monday night and the Patriots but next week he goes back to SF, which is even a bigger deal (for him personally). 

    Thanks a lot for your posts. Regarding the Saints, be careful playing them against Tampa. The loss tonight and against Cleveland and Atlanta are more of the norm than anomolies. This team is not a good team on either side of the ball. One would think that a team like Tampa would be good medicine for Nawlins but for the Saints to be laying double digits with their defense that gets carved up every week, I'll pass. It's nothing more than the Drew and Jimmy show down at the Superdome and as we've seen, they need much more help than those two guys. 
    As for the look ahead spot and Alex Smith, I would bet that Smith hasn't thought about San Francisco once this week while preparing for NE. If anything, he's preparing to show his stuff in front of the national audience tonight. However, I don't think Smith has to win this game, he just has to be a game manager and not turn the ball over. I like Smiths play, overall. In fact, I think the Niners would be better off with him than Kaepernick. 
     
    begginerboy
    begginerboy
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2013
    Posts: 15267
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 3:50 AM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by amd:


    Thanks a lot for your posts. Regarding the Saints, be careful playing them against Tampa. The loss tonight and against Cleveland and Atlanta are more of the norm than anomolies. This team is not a good team on either side of the ball. One would think that a team like Tampa would be good medicine for Nawlins but for the Saints to be laying double digits with their defense that gets carved up every week, I'll pass. It's nothing more than the Drew and Jimmy show down at the Superdome and as we've seen, they need much more help than those two guys. 
    As for the look ahead spot and Alex Smith, I would bet that Smith hasn't thought about San Francisco once this week while preparing for NE. If anything, he's preparing to show his stuff in front of the national audience tonight. However, I don't think Smith has to win this game, he just has to be a game manager and not turn the ball over. I like Smiths play, overall. In fact, I think the Niners would be better off with him than Kaepernick. 

    Thanks for the advice regarding the Saints. I'll tread lightly. Week 4 is when the real teams start to show up, or those that are serious about making a run (GB, SF, Indi, Giants, Det, etc...). Meanwhile the Saints laid an egg on national tv. Embarrassment can be a huge motivator (as we saw with Tampa today), and the Saints were embarrassed, so we will see. As for the Niners being better off with Smith, this is a topic of much debate among my bay area friends:) The way I see it, they'd be better off with Alex for the regular season but then would need Kap's explosiveness and big play potential for the playoffs. I can see Alex getting by most NFC teams but not Seattle.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by amd:


    Thanks a lot for your posts. Regarding the Saints, be careful playing them against Tampa. The loss tonight and against Cleveland and Atlanta are more of the norm than anomolies. This team is not a good team on either side of the ball. One would think that a team like Tampa would be good medicine for Nawlins but for the Saints to be laying double digits with their defense that gets carved up every week, I'll pass. It's nothing more than the Drew and Jimmy show down at the Superdome and as we've seen, they need much more help than those two guys. 
    As for the look ahead spot and Alex Smith, I would bet that Smith hasn't thought about San Francisco once this week while preparing for NE. If anything, he's preparing to show his stuff in front of the national audience tonight. However, I don't think Smith has to win this game, he just has to be a game manager and not turn the ball over. I like Smiths play, overall. In fact, I think the Niners would be better off with him than Kaepernick. 

    Thanks for the advice regarding the Saints. I'll tread lightly. Week 4 is when the real teams start to show up, or those that are serious about making a run (GB, SF, Indi, Giants, Det, etc...). Meanwhile the Saints laid an egg on national tv. Embarrassment can be a huge motivator (as we saw with Tampa today), and the Saints were embarrassed, so we will see. As for the Niners being better off with Smith, this is a topic of much debate among my bay area friends:) The way I see it, they'd be better off with Alex for the regular season but then would need Kap's explosiveness and big play potential for the playoffs. I can see Alex getting by most NFC teams but not Seattle.
     
    motowner
    motowner
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 6618
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 3:53 AM ET #21

    McKnight was a really bad injury for Chiefs, he was deadly out of the backfield on wheel routes and became Smith's favorite target.
    Reply
    McKnight was a really bad injury for Chiefs, he was deadly out of the backfield on wheel routes and became Smith's favorite target.
     
    johnnysnickers
    johnnysnickers
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 12
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 3:54 AM ET #22

    BOL amd. I am on KC as well. 

    I just joined the forum after reading your other thread. I enjoyed your analysis on all your picks. Keep up the good work.

    Reply
    BOL amd. I am on KC as well. 

    I just joined the forum after reading your other thread. I enjoyed your analysis on all your picks. Keep up the good work.

     
    amd
    amd
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 33110
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 3:59 AM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by begginerboy:


    Thanks for the advice regarding the Saints. I'll tread lightly. Week 4 is when the real teams start to show up, or those that are serious about making a run (GB, SF, Indi, Giants, Det, etc...). Meanwhile the Saints laid an egg on national tv. Embarrassment can be a huge motivator (as we saw with Tampa today), and the Saints were embarrassed, so we will see. As for the Niners being better off with Smith, this is a topic of much debate among my bay area friends:) The way I see it, they'd be better off with Alex for the regular season but then would need Kap's explosiveness and big play potential for the playoffs. I can see Alex getting by most NFC teams but not Seattle.

    I know you watch as much football as I do and you make sound decisions with your wagers. If the Saints are a play then they're a play, I agree. But for me, the Saints will be situational for me. The oddsmakers will definitely have to adjust before I start jumping on them. As for Kaepernick against the Seahawks, do you know what his regular season and post season record is against them. He's going to have to find that explosiveness that you're talking about because it's been missing. BOL buddy
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by begginerboy:


    Thanks for the advice regarding the Saints. I'll tread lightly. Week 4 is when the real teams start to show up, or those that are serious about making a run (GB, SF, Indi, Giants, Det, etc...). Meanwhile the Saints laid an egg on national tv. Embarrassment can be a huge motivator (as we saw with Tampa today), and the Saints were embarrassed, so we will see. As for the Niners being better off with Smith, this is a topic of much debate among my bay area friends:) The way I see it, they'd be better off with Alex for the regular season but then would need Kap's explosiveness and big play potential for the playoffs. I can see Alex getting by most NFC teams but not Seattle.

    I know you watch as much football as I do and you make sound decisions with your wagers. If the Saints are a play then they're a play, I agree. But for me, the Saints will be situational for me. The oddsmakers will definitely have to adjust before I start jumping on them. As for Kaepernick against the Seahawks, do you know what his regular season and post season record is against them. He's going to have to find that explosiveness that you're talking about because it's been missing. BOL buddy
     
    amd
    amd
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 33110
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 4:01 AM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysnickers:

    BOL amd. I am on KC as well. 

    I just joined the forum after reading your other thread. I enjoyed your analysis on all your picks. Keep up the good work.


    I love your covers handle buddy, good shitt. Thanks for coming on the site to talk a little football. Wish you the best this season. I'll look for your plays.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysnickers:

    BOL amd. I am on KC as well. 

    I just joined the forum after reading your other thread. I enjoyed your analysis on all your picks. Keep up the good work.


    I love your covers handle buddy, good shitt. Thanks for coming on the site to talk a little football. Wish you the best this season. I'll look for your plays.
     
     
    amd
    amd
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 33110
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 4:02 AM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by motowner:

    McKnight was a really bad injury for Chiefs, he was deadly out of the backfield on wheel routes and became Smith's favorite target.

    I agree, good point. Have a good week, motowner. Red wings fan by chance?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by motowner:

    McKnight was a really bad injury for Chiefs, he was deadly out of the backfield on wheel routes and became Smith's favorite target.

    I agree, good point. Have a good week, motowner. Red wings fan by chance?
    All Forums | NFL Betting Forum
    12345 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,673
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,325
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,052
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,805
    • MLB Playoffs 5,556
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,449
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 5,996
    • Sunday nFl Wk 4 7,064
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,303
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,019

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.