• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NFL Betting Forum

    *** Best Play of the Month *** Let's Start the Month off with a Bang!

    «First Previous 456 ... 91011 Next Last»
    phat03
    tonyrome
    PrimeTimeBoys
    pinballwizard
    LeagueCapper
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 51522
    Posts: 254
    «First Previous 456 ... 91011 Next Last»
     
    phat03
    phat03
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 33714
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 9:03 PM ET #76

    GL...
    Reply
    GL...
     
    tonyrome
    tonyrome
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 3140
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 9:06 PM ET #77

    Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTimeBoys:




    Tony, everyone caps the games differently.......some people dont understand why some cappers cap a team looking ahead..........its just one of many angles some cappers use. Not all agree but I for one definitely use that angle. Doesnt always work but imo, works way more times than not................


    OK, but when it works it has nothing to do with a team thinking the game doesn't matter.
    I can (and do) buy into the "looking ahead" for sure but just not, "this games doesn't mean anything."
    There is a big difference between the two.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTimeBoys:




    Tony, everyone caps the games differently.......some people dont understand why some cappers cap a team looking ahead..........its just one of many angles some cappers use. Not all agree but I for one definitely use that angle. Doesnt always work but imo, works way more times than not................


    OK, but when it works it has nothing to do with a team thinking the game doesn't matter.
    I can (and do) buy into the "looking ahead" for sure but just not, "this games doesn't mean anything."
    There is a big difference between the two.

     
    PrimeTimeBoys
    PrimeTimeBoys
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 13343
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 9:26 PM ET #78

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrome:



    OK, but when it works it has nothing to do with a team thinking the game doesn't matter.
    I can (and do) buy into the "looking ahead" for sure but just not, "this games doesn't mean anything."
    There is a big difference between the two.



    I agree, with only 16 games played for each team in the NFL, they all count but for some reason & I know people do not like to believe in this, but some teams imo play down to their competition & expect to lose.............& thats where trends are born.

    Certain teams no matter what & no matter who the coach or players are follow certain trends to the letter "T"..........do they do it knowingly? I dont know.............
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrome:



    OK, but when it works it has nothing to do with a team thinking the game doesn't matter.
    I can (and do) buy into the "looking ahead" for sure but just not, "this games doesn't mean anything."
    There is a big difference between the two.



    I agree, with only 16 games played for each team in the NFL, they all count but for some reason & I know people do not like to believe in this, but some teams imo play down to their competition & expect to lose.............& thats where trends are born.

    Certain teams no matter what & no matter who the coach or players are follow certain trends to the letter "T"..........do they do it knowingly? I dont know.............
     
    pinballwizard
    pinballwizard
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 11527
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 9:32 PM ET #79

    Falcons may very well lose outright to the Cowpokes this weekend but the game does have plenty of meaning for Atlanta. Any division/conference game is always important for the strong teams and at this stage the Falcons would love nothing better than to secure home field advantage through the NFC postseason. A victory over Dallas would aid their cause. Bol.
    Reply
    Falcons may very well lose outright to the Cowpokes this weekend but the game does have plenty of meaning for Atlanta. Any division/conference game is always important for the strong teams and at this stage the Falcons would love nothing better than to secure home field advantage through the NFC postseason. A victory over Dallas would aid their cause. Bol.
     
    LeagueCapper
    LeagueCapper
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 9317
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 9:34 PM ET #80

    Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTimeBoys:



    I agree, with only 16 games played for each team in the NFL, they all count but for some reason & I know people do not like to believe in this, but some teams imo play down to their competition & expect to lose.............& thats where trends are born.

    Certain teams no matter what & no matter who the coach or players are follow certain trends to the letter "T"..........do they do it knowingly? I dont know.............


    well put
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTimeBoys:



    I agree, with only 16 games played for each team in the NFL, they all count but for some reason & I know people do not like to believe in this, but some teams imo play down to their competition & expect to lose.............& thats where trends are born.

    Certain teams no matter what & no matter who the coach or players are follow certain trends to the letter "T"..........do they do it knowingly? I dont know.............


    well put
     
    LeagueCapper
    LeagueCapper
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 9317
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 9:36 PM ET #81

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrome:



    OK, but when it works it has nothing to do with a team thinking the game doesn't matter.
    I can (and do) buy into the "looking ahead" for sure but just not, "this games doesn't mean anything."
    There is a big difference between the two.



    As I said in my OP, there are plenty of reasons why I like the Cowboys here, not just ATL not wanting the game. People say Cowboys aren't consistent but they are very consistent as dogs, something like 19-4 ATS last 23. Cowboys are terrible as favorites and at home but terrific as road dogs when everyone expects them to lose
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrome:



    OK, but when it works it has nothing to do with a team thinking the game doesn't matter.
    I can (and do) buy into the "looking ahead" for sure but just not, "this games doesn't mean anything."
    There is a big difference between the two.



    As I said in my OP, there are plenty of reasons why I like the Cowboys here, not just ATL not wanting the game. People say Cowboys aren't consistent but they are very consistent as dogs, something like 19-4 ATS last 23. Cowboys are terrible as favorites and at home but terrific as road dogs when everyone expects them to lose
     
    Burly
    Burly
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 650
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 9:37 PM ET #82

    https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-NickEatman/Eatman-History-On-Cowboys’-Side-Against-Undefeated-Teams/9c0053e2-d3bf-4113-b204-c597c3abb90a?cid=co4363884&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

    Interesting read LC 
    Reply
    https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-NickEatman/Eatman-History-On-Cowboys’-Side-Against-Undefeated-Teams/9c0053e2-d3bf-4113-b204-c597c3abb90a?cid=co4363884&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

    Interesting read LC 
     
    DAnewguy
    DAnewguy
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 2573
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 10:37 PM ET #83

    Gl...
    Reply
    Gl...
     
    Numero_Uno
    Numero_Uno
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2010
    Posts: 606
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 10:44 PM ET #84

    You gonna be on the thursday nighter?  I have to say, I think I am laying off.  Kansas City is the worst team in the league, but I don't know what to think about San Diego.  They have been a train wreck as of late.

    On a seperate note, I know you likely won't like this play, but I think Houston is a great spot here.  I realize they have Chicago on deck, but the reason why I do still think Houston cares is the Mario Williams factor.  He has been talking all week about how horrible the Texans treated him and I expect max effort out of my hometown team in this one.  
    Reply
    You gonna be on the thursday nighter?  I have to say, I think I am laying off.  Kansas City is the worst team in the league, but I don't know what to think about San Diego.  They have been a train wreck as of late.

    On a seperate note, I know you likely won't like this play, but I think Houston is a great spot here.  I realize they have Chicago on deck, but the reason why I do still think Houston cares is the Mario Williams factor.  He has been talking all week about how horrible the Texans treated him and I expect max effort out of my hometown team in this one.  
     
    robbypants
    robbypants
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 2355
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 10:51 PM ET #85

    Just out of curiosity, are a Cowboy's fan?
    Reply
    Just out of curiosity, are a Cowboy's fan?
     
    tonyrome
    tonyrome
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 3140
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 10:54 PM ET #86

    Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTimeBoys:



    I agree, with only 16 games played for each team in the NFL, they all count but for some reason & I know people do not like to believe in this, but some teams imo play down to their competition & expect to lose.............& thats where trends are born.

    Certain teams no matter what & no matter who the coach or players are follow certain trends to the letter "T"..........do they do it knowingly? I dont know.............


    Again, playing down to your competition is not the same as a game not meaning anything.

    Maybe LC just used the wrong verbage. 
    There is no NFL team that would ever say or play like a game doesn't mean anything.

    Do they play down to there competition, sure some (especially the Giants).

    Do they look ahead, definitely

    Do they lose because the game meant nothing to them, never, except when mathematically they can not help themselves by winning, and you will know when that happens because they will rest there starters.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTimeBoys:



    I agree, with only 16 games played for each team in the NFL, they all count but for some reason & I know people do not like to believe in this, but some teams imo play down to their competition & expect to lose.............& thats where trends are born.

    Certain teams no matter what & no matter who the coach or players are follow certain trends to the letter "T"..........do they do it knowingly? I dont know.............


    Again, playing down to your competition is not the same as a game not meaning anything.

    Maybe LC just used the wrong verbage. 
    There is no NFL team that would ever say or play like a game doesn't mean anything.

    Do they play down to there competition, sure some (especially the Giants).

    Do they look ahead, definitely

    Do they lose because the game meant nothing to them, never, except when mathematically they can not help themselves by winning, and you will know when that happens because they will rest there starters.

     
    tonyrome
    tonyrome
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 3140
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 10:57 PM ET #87

    Quote Originally Posted by LeagueCapper:



    As I said in my OP, there are plenty of reasons why I like the Cowboys here, not just ATL not wanting the game. People say Cowboys aren't consistent but they are very consistent as dogs, something like 19-4 ATS last 23. Cowboys are terrible as favorites and at home but terrific as road dogs when everyone expects them to lose

    LC, my friend, this was in reference to the Giants game, you said the game means nothing to them. Absolutely false.
    Looking ahead, to Bengals, no.
    Playing down to opponent, not to the Steelers.
    If the Giants lose it will simply be because the Steelers match up better, and played a better game and executed there game plan period
    I think we can let this die because I really don't think you meant to say the game doesn't mean anything, this is probably just getting more and more out of context.
    GL with your picks, I can't say I feel good about either but the Dallas one makes some sense.



    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by LeagueCapper:



    As I said in my OP, there are plenty of reasons why I like the Cowboys here, not just ATL not wanting the game. People say Cowboys aren't consistent but they are very consistent as dogs, something like 19-4 ATS last 23. Cowboys are terrible as favorites and at home but terrific as road dogs when everyone expects them to lose

    LC, my friend, this was in reference to the Giants game, you said the game means nothing to them. Absolutely false.
    Looking ahead, to Bengals, no.
    Playing down to opponent, not to the Steelers.
    If the Giants lose it will simply be because the Steelers match up better, and played a better game and executed there game plan period
    I think we can let this die because I really don't think you meant to say the game doesn't mean anything, this is probably just getting more and more out of context.
    GL with your picks, I can't say I feel good about either but the Dallas one makes some sense.



     
    Rambler882
    Rambler882
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2012
    Posts: 225
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 11:01 PM ET #88

    I think he meant the game does not mean anything to the Bears because it is the crappy Titans with SF/HOU/MIN on deck.

    It makes sense, but I am holding out hope that the Bears offense shows up to play after shitting the bed versus Carolina.  I will say I have not seen a game in the past 7 to 9 years where the defense led by Urlacher/Briggs/Tillman did not show up to shut out a team, no matter how lowly they are or who is on deck.
    Reply
    I think he meant the game does not mean anything to the Bears because it is the crappy Titans with SF/HOU/MIN on deck.

    It makes sense, but I am holding out hope that the Bears offense shows up to play after shitting the bed versus Carolina.  I will say I have not seen a game in the past 7 to 9 years where the defense led by Urlacher/Briggs/Tillman did not show up to shut out a team, no matter how lowly they are or who is on deck.
     
    Uconn34
    Uconn34
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 8005
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 11:04 PM ET #89

    Dallas very live this weekend

    Atl gets a bloody lip
    Reply
    Dallas very live this weekend

    Atl gets a bloody lip
     
    SuperCappa
    SuperCappa
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 967
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 11:12 PM ET #90

    Love the plays.
    GL
    Reply
    Love the plays.
    GL
     
    andarmac99
    andarmac99
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 16954
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 11:18 PM ET #91

    Surprised to see you on Pittsburgh. Everywhere I look I see people on the Steelers so far. Sometimes there is something to that angle and sometimes there is not. For example many people are on Dallas, but that will not impact the game IMO because of the fact the Cowboys are playing for their season essentially against an overrated team. In other words the outside perception by fans and media is that the Cowboys are fuckups and stink. The perception of them is NOT greater than what they are, actually they are underrated.

    However the perception of Pittsburgh has changed dramatically in two short weeks with wins over a shit Bengals team and over a Redskins team that dropped 10 passes and couldn't stop anyone if they tried. Two weeks ago the perception of the Steelers were they are an old, banged up team with a defense that sucked on the road. Now suddenly in the mainstream the Steelers are back when in reality they probably aren't. That is perception. I disagree completely that the Giants don't care about this game. They've got a hot, well-publicized team coming into their house in the late game national TV window. It's not like they are hosting Jacksonville at 1:00. Also working in the Giants favor is they played like crap last week. Good teams don't play like shit two weeks in a row. I think Eli and his receivers have a rebound game and torch a defense that still stinks despite the perception. Next week is the time to fade the Giants.

    Just my .02. GL
    Reply
    Surprised to see you on Pittsburgh. Everywhere I look I see people on the Steelers so far. Sometimes there is something to that angle and sometimes there is not. For example many people are on Dallas, but that will not impact the game IMO because of the fact the Cowboys are playing for their season essentially against an overrated team. In other words the outside perception by fans and media is that the Cowboys are fuckups and stink. The perception of them is NOT greater than what they are, actually they are underrated.

    However the perception of Pittsburgh has changed dramatically in two short weeks with wins over a shit Bengals team and over a Redskins team that dropped 10 passes and couldn't stop anyone if they tried. Two weeks ago the perception of the Steelers were they are an old, banged up team with a defense that sucked on the road. Now suddenly in the mainstream the Steelers are back when in reality they probably aren't. That is perception. I disagree completely that the Giants don't care about this game. They've got a hot, well-publicized team coming into their house in the late game national TV window. It's not like they are hosting Jacksonville at 1:00. Also working in the Giants favor is they played like crap last week. Good teams don't play like shit two weeks in a row. I think Eli and his receivers have a rebound game and torch a defense that still stinks despite the perception. Next week is the time to fade the Giants.

    Just my .02. GL
     
    tonyrome
    tonyrome
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 3140
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 11:32 PM ET #92

    Quote Originally Posted by andarmac99:

    Surprised to see you on Pittsburgh. Everywhere I look I see people on the Steelers so far. Sometimes there is something to that angle and sometimes there is not. For example many people are on Dallas, but that will not impact the game IMO because of the fact the Cowboys are playing for their season essentially against an overrated team. In other words the outside perception by fans and media is that the Cowboys are fuckups and stink. The perception of them is NOT greater than what they are, actually they are underrated.

    However the perception of Pittsburgh has changed dramatically in two short weeks with wins over a shit Bengals team and over a Redskins team that dropped 10 passes and couldn't stop anyone if they tried. Two weeks ago the perception of the Steelers were they are an old, banged up team with a defense that sucked on the road. Now suddenly in the mainstream the Steelers are back when in reality they probably aren't. That is perception. I disagree completely that the Giants don't care about this game. They've got a hot, well-publicized team coming into their house in the late game national TV window. It's not like they are hosting Jacksonville at 1:00. Also working in the Giants favor is they played like crap last week. Good teams don't play like shit two weeks in a row. I think Eli and his receivers have a rebound game and torch a defense that still stinks despite the perception. Next week is the time to fade the Giants.

    Just my .02. GL


    Wow, very well said.
    I am a Giants fan, so my opinion on the game is a little bias, whether I want to be or not, but I would say, at 3.5 if I HAD to bet, I'd probably go Steelers only because I think it will be a close game.
    So I would take the points.

    To say the Giants didn't deserve to win last week, or are not in rhythm is a false statement so I hope there are better reasons to taking them. LC is a good capper so I know he has more reasons.

    the Giants had a bad game last week, or should I say a bad second half, it happens, they were up 23-0 and let their guard down, period

    If you want rhythm just go back and watch the SF game if that doesn't do it for you, just watch Cruuuuuuuz! this Sunday after he scores!


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by andarmac99:

    Surprised to see you on Pittsburgh. Everywhere I look I see people on the Steelers so far. Sometimes there is something to that angle and sometimes there is not. For example many people are on Dallas, but that will not impact the game IMO because of the fact the Cowboys are playing for their season essentially against an overrated team. In other words the outside perception by fans and media is that the Cowboys are fuckups and stink. The perception of them is NOT greater than what they are, actually they are underrated.

    However the perception of Pittsburgh has changed dramatically in two short weeks with wins over a shit Bengals team and over a Redskins team that dropped 10 passes and couldn't stop anyone if they tried. Two weeks ago the perception of the Steelers were they are an old, banged up team with a defense that sucked on the road. Now suddenly in the mainstream the Steelers are back when in reality they probably aren't. That is perception. I disagree completely that the Giants don't care about this game. They've got a hot, well-publicized team coming into their house in the late game national TV window. It's not like they are hosting Jacksonville at 1:00. Also working in the Giants favor is they played like crap last week. Good teams don't play like shit two weeks in a row. I think Eli and his receivers have a rebound game and torch a defense that still stinks despite the perception. Next week is the time to fade the Giants.

    Just my .02. GL


    Wow, very well said.
    I am a Giants fan, so my opinion on the game is a little bias, whether I want to be or not, but I would say, at 3.5 if I HAD to bet, I'd probably go Steelers only because I think it will be a close game.
    So I would take the points.

    To say the Giants didn't deserve to win last week, or are not in rhythm is a false statement so I hope there are better reasons to taking them. LC is a good capper so I know he has more reasons.

    the Giants had a bad game last week, or should I say a bad second half, it happens, they were up 23-0 and let their guard down, period

    If you want rhythm just go back and watch the SF game if that doesn't do it for you, just watch Cruuuuuuuz! this Sunday after he scores!


     
    GiLmo574
    GiLmo574
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 21804
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 11:37 PM ET #93

    Quote Originally Posted by si1ly:


    Dallas may be #3 in passing yards per game, but this is because their opponents only attempt 28 passes on them per game (#2 fewest in the NFL).  When you look at net yards per attempt they're actually a below average secondary ranked #22 (ranked #20 in the same category for RPI).  I'd say their secondary is average.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by si1ly:


    Dallas may be #3 in passing yards per game, but this is because their opponents only attempt 28 passes on them per game (#2 fewest in the NFL).  When you look at net yards per attempt they're actually a below average secondary ranked #22 (ranked #20 in the same category for RPI).  I'd say their secondary is average.


     
    T99
    T99
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 342
    Posted: Nov. 1, 2012 - 12:02 AM ET #94

    I know very little about the NFL, but have done well in the pool tailing cappers like you ( miss hockey )  Thanx and GL
    Reply
    I know very little about the NFL, but have done well in the pool tailing cappers like you ( miss hockey )  Thanx and GL
     
    T99
    T99
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 342
    Posted: Nov. 1, 2012 - 12:03 AM ET #95

    Thanx for pointers and analysis 
    Reply
    Thanx for pointers and analysis 
     
    wrapcc
    wrapcc
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2012
    Posts: 28
    Posted: Nov. 1, 2012 - 12:43 AM ET #96

    BOL.  I think the Dallas game depends on how Romo plays.  ATL will close the door with any turn overs.  ALT wins and covers at home--The Cowboys are not consistent enough.  Eli is for real--Yes DAL held them to 11 first downs but when they are focused like they were against SF---place your money on NYG and ATL this week.
    Reply
    BOL.  I think the Dallas game depends on how Romo plays.  ATL will close the door with any turn overs.  ALT wins and covers at home--The Cowboys are not consistent enough.  Eli is for real--Yes DAL held them to 11 first downs but when they are focused like they were against SF---place your money on NYG and ATL this week.
     
    ApocalypseLater
    ApocalypseLater
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2010
    Posts: 4260
    Posted: Nov. 1, 2012 - 12:57 AM ET #97

    "Steelers team starting to make their move"...


    check back in at the end of the year and see how this prediction panned out...


    Reply
    "Steelers team starting to make their move"...


    check back in at the end of the year and see how this prediction panned out...


     
    shivaseven
    shivaseven
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 460
    Posted: Nov. 1, 2012 - 1:01 AM ET #98

    What's this all about?

    Right now I see some CHICAGO -3 -130

    At this number the book is telling us that Bears are about 1/2 a point better than the Titans on a neutral field. Huh! What's up?

    Reply

    What's this all about?

    Right now I see some CHICAGO -3 -130

    At this number the book is telling us that Bears are about 1/2 a point better than the Titans on a neutral field. Huh! What's up?

     
    ApocalypseLater
    ApocalypseLater
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2010
    Posts: 4260
    Posted: Nov. 1, 2012 - 1:02 AM ET #99

    the way i'm reading this thread... this forum seems to be in love with two underdogs this week, playing on the road against 2 of the 3 best teams in football...

    sounds like a can't miss winning formula to me...
    Reply
    the way i'm reading this thread... this forum seems to be in love with two underdogs this week, playing on the road against 2 of the 3 best teams in football...

    sounds like a can't miss winning formula to me...
     
     
    LeagueCapper
    LeagueCapper
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 9317
    Posted: Nov. 1, 2012 - 3:47 AM ET #100

    Quote Originally Posted by Numero_Uno:

    You gonna be on the thursday nighter?  I have to say, I think I am laying off.  Kansas City is the worst team in the league, but I don't know what to think about San Diego.  They have been a train wreck as of late.

    On a seperate note, I know you likely won't like this play, but I think Houston is a great spot here.  I realize they have Chicago on deck, but the reason why I do still think Houston cares is the Mario Williams factor.  He has been talking all week about how horrible the Texans treated him and I expect max effort out of my hometown team in this one.  


    layin off Thursday's game also I like the Bills ATS. Teams that win in blowout fashion before the bye get to listen to how good they are all vacation and get complacent when they get back. I won't be playin the Bills but I think they cover
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Numero_Uno:

    You gonna be on the thursday nighter?  I have to say, I think I am laying off.  Kansas City is the worst team in the league, but I don't know what to think about San Diego.  They have been a train wreck as of late.

    On a seperate note, I know you likely won't like this play, but I think Houston is a great spot here.  I realize they have Chicago on deck, but the reason why I do still think Houston cares is the Mario Williams factor.  He has been talking all week about how horrible the Texans treated him and I expect max effort out of my hometown team in this one.  


    layin off Thursday's game also I like the Bills ATS. Teams that win in blowout fashion before the bye get to listen to how good they are all vacation and get complacent when they get back. I won't be playin the Bills but I think they cover
    All Forums | NFL Betting Forum
    «First Previous 456 ... 91011 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,669
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,226
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,016
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,406
    • Saturday 10/03/2026 689
    • MLB Playoffs 5,193
    • **$$$ MD Saturday 10/3 $$$** 7,208
    • **$$$ MD Friday 10/2 $$$** 10,288
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,979
    • Play Thur thru Sat 5,007

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.