• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Buccaneers-Cowboys Leans
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NBA Betting Forum

    Odds on where LeBron announces tomorrow

    123 ... 789 Next Last»
    kaponofor3
    vegasdennis
    HandDownManDown
    Onthereal
    tmpeus78
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 3823
    Posts: 222
    123 ... 789 Next Last»
     
    kaponofor3
    kaponofor3
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 35430
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2010 - 11:04 AM ET #1

    From 5Dimes:

    Cleveland -145
    Miami -195 (really?)
    New Jersey +350
    New York Knicks +250
    Chicago +300
    LA Clippers +800

    To me, Cleveland sounds like free money here:

    1) He's announcing in Akron, correct? If you wanted to guarantee that he is hated in his hometown forever, then he holds his press conference in Akron and then goes somewhere else.

    2) I'm 100% with ValueForRent when he says that if he were leaving, his team would quietly leak it out and not announce in the face of all these Cleveland fans

    3) Is he really going to announce Miami when they only have 4 players on their roster (assuming they sign both Wade and Bosh as expected) and only like 12 million in cap room? In order for LeBron to get the max, the Heat have to move Beasley, and I haven't heard that they have any pending deals right now that would move him to give them that cap relief.

    4) LeBron can sign for a significant amount of more money with Cleveland (something like 30 million, I believe)

    5) What's the one thing that we constantly hear LeBron values over all others? "Loyalty". That screams out Cleveland to me.

    I just don't think the location of the announcement can be overlooked. You know the place is gonna be packed with his family, friends, and Cavaliers fans. Would he really stab the Cleveland/Ohio residents in the back, on national television, in his home state? That'd be cold blooded and the easiest way to turn him into Ohio's most hated villain. I don't see LeBron going out like that.

    What do you guys think?
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    From 5Dimes:

    Cleveland -145
    Miami -195 (really?)
    New Jersey +350
    New York Knicks +250
    Chicago +300
    LA Clippers +800

    To me, Cleveland sounds like free money here:

    1) He's announcing in Akron, correct? If you wanted to guarantee that he is hated in his hometown forever, then he holds his press conference in Akron and then goes somewhere else.

    2) I'm 100% with ValueForRent when he says that if he were leaving, his team would quietly leak it out and not announce in the face of all these Cleveland fans

    3) Is he really going to announce Miami when they only have 4 players on their roster (assuming they sign both Wade and Bosh as expected) and only like 12 million in cap room? In order for LeBron to get the max, the Heat have to move Beasley, and I haven't heard that they have any pending deals right now that would move him to give them that cap relief.

    4) LeBron can sign for a significant amount of more money with Cleveland (something like 30 million, I believe)

    5) What's the one thing that we constantly hear LeBron values over all others? "Loyalty". That screams out Cleveland to me.

    I just don't think the location of the announcement can be overlooked. You know the place is gonna be packed with his family, friends, and Cavaliers fans. Would he really stab the Cleveland/Ohio residents in the back, on national television, in his home state? That'd be cold blooded and the easiest way to turn him into Ohio's most hated villain. I don't see LeBron going out like that.

    What do you guys think?
     
    vegasdennis
    vegasdennis
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 21934
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2010 - 11:09 AM ET #2

    According to ESPN so take it for what its worth.Are saying the Announcements not being held in Cleveland or Akron.

    I just have a feeling he leaves but not sure where

    Reply

    According to ESPN so take it for what its worth.Are saying the Announcements not being held in Cleveland or Akron.

    I just have a feeling he leaves but not sure where

     
    HandDownManDown
    HandDownManDown
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2010
    Posts: 1360
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2010 - 11:10 AM ET #3

    they dont know where he is announcing, and broussard said Miami is the favorite somehow.  Idk how that is possible.  That is a dream team if all 3 of those players play together.
    Reply
    they dont know where he is announcing, and broussard said Miami is the favorite somehow.  Idk how that is possible.  That is a dream team if all 3 of those players play together.
     
    HandDownManDown
    HandDownManDown
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2010
    Posts: 1360
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2010 - 11:11 AM ET #4

    To think that Chris Bosh passed up on possible 30 million dollars in a sign in trade with Cleveland to play with Wade really stands out to me.
    Reply
    To think that Chris Bosh passed up on possible 30 million dollars in a sign in trade with Cleveland to play with Wade really stands out to me.
     
    kaponofor3
    kaponofor3
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 35430
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2010 - 11:11 AM ET #5

    I thought I read somewhere that he was announcing in Ohio... gotta go try to track that tidbit of information down now.
    Reply
    I thought I read somewhere that he was announcing in Ohio... gotta go try to track that tidbit of information down now.
     
    vegasdennis
    vegasdennis
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 21934
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2010 - 11:11 AM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by HandDownManDown:

    they dont know where he is announcing, and broussard said Miami is the favorite somehow.  Idk how that is possible.  That is a dream team if all 3 of those players play together.

     

    I heard that too but if all 3 playing together wouldn't they all announce it together?

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by HandDownManDown:

    they dont know where he is announcing, and broussard said Miami is the favorite somehow.  Idk how that is possible.  That is a dream team if all 3 of those players play together.

     

    I heard that too but if all 3 playing together wouldn't they all announce it together?

     
    vegasdennis
    vegasdennis
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 21934
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2010 - 11:12 AM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by kaponofor3:

    I thought I read somewhere that he was announcing in Ohio... gotta go try to track that tidbit of information down now.

     

    Kap I just heard this listening to Colin Cowherd but no word on where it is being held at

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by kaponofor3:

    I thought I read somewhere that he was announcing in Ohio... gotta go try to track that tidbit of information down now.

     

    Kap I just heard this listening to Colin Cowherd but no word on where it is being held at

     
    Onthereal
    Onthereal
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 6853
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2010 - 11:12 AM ET #8

    I don't think they know where he is announcing.
    Reply
    I don't think they know where he is announcing.
     
    kaponofor3
    kaponofor3
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 35430
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2010 - 11:15 AM ET #9

    From a CBS.com writer:

    "A logical way to examine the events of the past few days for LeBron is to consider the following: A re-launched web site, a new Twitter account that amassed more than 200,000 followers in a matter of hours and plans for an elaborate, one-hour TV announcement of his intentions can only mean one thing: James is saying good-bye.

    ...

    The executive, who has close ties to all three of the top free agents' inner circle of advisors, laid out the following as the most likely scenario heading into James' self-imposed 9 p.m. ET Thursday deadline to announce his plans: 1) James stays in Cleveland; 2) Wade stays in Miami; 3) Bosh joins Wade in Miami via a sign-and-trade arrangement.

    ....

    Put aside for a moment the sheer lunacy of James, an Akron native, using a one-hour infomercial on ESPN to announce to the world that he's turning his back on Northeast Ohio -- and stabbing its collective fan base between the shoulder blades while he's at it. (The fact that proceeds, per a request by James' camp, will go to the Boys & Girls Clubs of America hardly would soften the blow.) Although one high-profile agent said of James, "With an egomaniac like that, you never know," I just can't wrap my mind around it. I can't see James going to such provocative lengths to transform himself so instantly and publicly into a villain.

    James announcing Thursday night that he's staying, and re-launching his career amid this suddenly revamped PR campaign, would provide the perfect avenue for him to package the same old, same old as something new. Having tasted the forbidden fruits of free agency and returned to embrace his team, adopted city and birthplace all over again would transform him from the most popular Cleveland athlete ever into a virtual God."

     
    Reply
    From a CBS.com writer:

    "A logical way to examine the events of the past few days for LeBron is to consider the following: A re-launched web site, a new Twitter account that amassed more than 200,000 followers in a matter of hours and plans for an elaborate, one-hour TV announcement of his intentions can only mean one thing: James is saying good-bye.

    ...

    The executive, who has close ties to all three of the top free agents' inner circle of advisors, laid out the following as the most likely scenario heading into James' self-imposed 9 p.m. ET Thursday deadline to announce his plans: 1) James stays in Cleveland; 2) Wade stays in Miami; 3) Bosh joins Wade in Miami via a sign-and-trade arrangement.

    ....

    Put aside for a moment the sheer lunacy of James, an Akron native, using a one-hour infomercial on ESPN to announce to the world that he's turning his back on Northeast Ohio -- and stabbing its collective fan base between the shoulder blades while he's at it. (The fact that proceeds, per a request by James' camp, will go to the Boys & Girls Clubs of America hardly would soften the blow.) Although one high-profile agent said of James, "With an egomaniac like that, you never know," I just can't wrap my mind around it. I can't see James going to such provocative lengths to transform himself so instantly and publicly into a villain.

    James announcing Thursday night that he's staying, and re-launching his career amid this suddenly revamped PR campaign, would provide the perfect avenue for him to package the same old, same old as something new. Having tasted the forbidden fruits of free agency and returned to embrace his team, adopted city and birthplace all over again would transform him from the most popular Cleveland athlete ever into a virtual God."

     
     
    HandDownManDown
    HandDownManDown
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2010
    Posts: 1360
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2010 - 11:15 AM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by vegasdennis:

     

    I heard that too but if all 3 playing together wouldn't they all announce it together?

    Thats why I don't see how they are the favorite to land him. 

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasdennis:

     

    I heard that too but if all 3 playing together wouldn't they all announce it together?

    Thats why I don't see how they are the favorite to land him. 

     
    kaponofor3
    kaponofor3
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 35430
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2010 - 11:16 AM ET #11

    One Ohio paper has stated: " It is not known which team James will join or where the announcement will take place."

    Perhaps I was acting a little bit in haste when I assumed it would come from Ohio?
    Reply
    One Ohio paper has stated: " It is not known which team James will join or where the announcement will take place."

    Perhaps I was acting a little bit in haste when I assumed it would come from Ohio?
     
    HandDownManDown
    HandDownManDown
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2010
    Posts: 1360
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2010 - 11:17 AM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by kaponofor3:

    From a CBS.com writer:

    "A logical way to examine the events of the past few days for LeBron is to consider the following: A re-launched web site, a new Twitter account that amassed more than 200,000 followers in a matter of hours and plans for an elaborate, one-hour TV announcement of his intentions can only mean one thing: James is saying good-bye.

    ...

    The executive, who has close ties to all three of the top free agents' inner circle of advisors, laid out the following as the most likely scenario heading into James' self-imposed 9 p.m. ET Thursday deadline to announce his plans: 1) James stays in Cleveland; 2) Wade stays in Miami; 3) Bosh joins Wade in Miami via a sign-and-trade arrangement.

    ....

    Put aside for a moment the sheer lunacy of James, an Akron native, using a one-hour infomercial on ESPN to announce to the world that he's turning his back on Northeast Ohio -- and stabbing its collective fan base between the shoulder blades while he's at it. (The fact that proceeds, per a request by James' camp, will go to the Boys & Girls Clubs of America hardly would soften the blow.) Although one high-profile agent said of James, "With an egomaniac like that, you never know," I just can't wrap my mind around it. I can't see James going to such provocative lengths to transform himself so instantly and publicly into a villain.

    James announcing Thursday night that he's staying, and re-launching his career amid this suddenly revamped PR campaign, would provide the perfect avenue for him to package the same old, same old as something new. Having tasted the forbidden fruits of free agency and returned to embrace his team, adopted city and birthplace all over again would transform him from the most popular Cleveland athlete ever into a virtual God."

     

    I want him to stay in Cleveland so he can lose there.  I want to see the state of florida take over the eastern conference.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by kaponofor3:

    From a CBS.com writer:

    "A logical way to examine the events of the past few days for LeBron is to consider the following: A re-launched web site, a new Twitter account that amassed more than 200,000 followers in a matter of hours and plans for an elaborate, one-hour TV announcement of his intentions can only mean one thing: James is saying good-bye.

    ...

    The executive, who has close ties to all three of the top free agents' inner circle of advisors, laid out the following as the most likely scenario heading into James' self-imposed 9 p.m. ET Thursday deadline to announce his plans: 1) James stays in Cleveland; 2) Wade stays in Miami; 3) Bosh joins Wade in Miami via a sign-and-trade arrangement.

    ....

    Put aside for a moment the sheer lunacy of James, an Akron native, using a one-hour infomercial on ESPN to announce to the world that he's turning his back on Northeast Ohio -- and stabbing its collective fan base between the shoulder blades while he's at it. (The fact that proceeds, per a request by James' camp, will go to the Boys & Girls Clubs of America hardly would soften the blow.) Although one high-profile agent said of James, "With an egomaniac like that, you never know," I just can't wrap my mind around it. I can't see James going to such provocative lengths to transform himself so instantly and publicly into a villain.

    James announcing Thursday night that he's staying, and re-launching his career amid this suddenly revamped PR campaign, would provide the perfect avenue for him to package the same old, same old as something new. Having tasted the forbidden fruits of free agency and returned to embrace his team, adopted city and birthplace all over again would transform him from the most popular Cleveland athlete ever into a virtual God."

     

    I want him to stay in Cleveland so he can lose there.  I want to see the state of florida take over the eastern conference.

     
    kaponofor3
    kaponofor3
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 35430
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2010 - 11:17 AM ET #13

    The LeBron James Skills Academy ends today in Akron, which hypothetically means that LeBron could leave, fly to another city, and do his announcement in that city.
    Reply
    The LeBron James Skills Academy ends today in Akron, which hypothetically means that LeBron could leave, fly to another city, and do his announcement in that city.
     
    tmpeus78
    tmpeus78
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 26206
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2010 - 11:17 AM ET #14

    I honestly think he's staying in Cleveland, but who knows. 
    Reply
    I honestly think he's staying in Cleveland, but who knows. 
     
    kaponofor3
    kaponofor3
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 35430
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2010 - 11:18 AM ET #15

    "The location of The Announcement (which it is sure to be dubbed if Cleveland is not the chosen team) is not yet known. Brian Windhorst tweeted that while it might give an idea as to the location of the “winning” city, it is said to be at a neutral location- not one of the cities involved in the running. So LA is available."
    Reply
    "The location of The Announcement (which it is sure to be dubbed if Cleveland is not the chosen team) is not yet known. Brian Windhorst tweeted that while it might give an idea as to the location of the “winning” city, it is said to be at a neutral location- not one of the cities involved in the running. So LA is available."
     
    VGPOP
    VGPOP
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2001
    Posts: 41904
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2010 - 11:18 AM ET #16

    Lebron to Knicks to wait for Melo next year?

    I see this possibility for Lebron to join Knicks.

    I mean, he doesn't necessarily needs to win a championship THIS year to whatever team he chooses.

    Perhaps he is thinking about this.

    Reply

    Lebron to Knicks to wait for Melo next year?

    I see this possibility for Lebron to join Knicks.

    I mean, he doesn't necessarily needs to win a championship THIS year to whatever team he chooses.

    Perhaps he is thinking about this.

     
    kaponofor3
    kaponofor3
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 35430
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2010 - 11:20 AM ET #17

    From one Cleveland fan:

    "Being a life long Cleveland fan of all their sports, basketball in particular, I’ve watched the Cavs during the good (early 90s) to really, really bad (pretty much after 95) to quite entertaining after Lebron came to play. If Lebron leaves, I don’t know if I can stomach watching them have to rebuild. This whole team was designed around Lebron James either by his blessing or telling the management who they should pick up. As much as I like Lebron the player, I can’t stand Lebron the egomaniac. I sit back and wonder if things could have been different had Lebron not handicapped the team by only signing a three year extension leading up to now. I remember someone asking Lebron what he wants to be remembered as when he leaves the game and his response was being a global icon. Really? How about being the guy that brings a championship to the city of Cleveland? I am so disgusted at how Lebron has created this free agency fiasco. And know he is scheduling an hour long press conference to announce his decision, something that could feasibly take 5 minutes to do? I guess all will be forgotten if his answer is to stay with Cleveland, but if he is putting all of the fans that have grew up watching heartbreaking moments like “The Drive”, “The Shot”, and “The Fumble” then screw you Lebron. Screw you and everything you stand for. It was bad enough to watch Modell move the Browns and set the franchise back years, something the team still hasn’t recovered from. Lebron could be the most hated sports icon ever seen in Ohio. It would have stung to see Lebron leave without all this hoopla but if he goes through this all of this to tell all the fans that grew up in Ohio watching him blossom as a high school player to playing for his hometown team then I’ll be screaming bloody murder."
    Reply
    From one Cleveland fan:

    "Being a life long Cleveland fan of all their sports, basketball in particular, I’ve watched the Cavs during the good (early 90s) to really, really bad (pretty much after 95) to quite entertaining after Lebron came to play. If Lebron leaves, I don’t know if I can stomach watching them have to rebuild. This whole team was designed around Lebron James either by his blessing or telling the management who they should pick up. As much as I like Lebron the player, I can’t stand Lebron the egomaniac. I sit back and wonder if things could have been different had Lebron not handicapped the team by only signing a three year extension leading up to now. I remember someone asking Lebron what he wants to be remembered as when he leaves the game and his response was being a global icon. Really? How about being the guy that brings a championship to the city of Cleveland? I am so disgusted at how Lebron has created this free agency fiasco. And know he is scheduling an hour long press conference to announce his decision, something that could feasibly take 5 minutes to do? I guess all will be forgotten if his answer is to stay with Cleveland, but if he is putting all of the fans that have grew up watching heartbreaking moments like “The Drive”, “The Shot”, and “The Fumble” then screw you Lebron. Screw you and everything you stand for. It was bad enough to watch Modell move the Browns and set the franchise back years, something the team still hasn’t recovered from. Lebron could be the most hated sports icon ever seen in Ohio. It would have stung to see Lebron leave without all this hoopla but if he goes through this all of this to tell all the fans that grew up in Ohio watching him blossom as a high school player to playing for his hometown team then I’ll be screaming bloody murder."
     
    kaponofor3
    kaponofor3
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 35430
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2010 - 11:23 AM ET #18

    Of all the places he can go, to me it seems like Miami is not the most promising destination. Who the hell is gonna be on that team other than he, Bosh, and Mario Chalmers? LeBron needs shooters, and the New York Knicks have a great young one in Gallinari and now Amare to play the post (on offense, at least). A LeBron/Amare pick and roll would be unstoppable.

    I really, really, really want to hammer Cleveland on this, but I am just a tad hesitant... I don't know if LeBron really wants to end up turning his back on the fans of Ohio who have loved him since he was 14 and become the most hated sports villain there of all time.

    Honestly, wouldn't holding a one hour press conference to announce that you are leaving just be an absolute knife in the heart to all his fans at home?
    Reply
    Of all the places he can go, to me it seems like Miami is not the most promising destination. Who the hell is gonna be on that team other than he, Bosh, and Mario Chalmers? LeBron needs shooters, and the New York Knicks have a great young one in Gallinari and now Amare to play the post (on offense, at least). A LeBron/Amare pick and roll would be unstoppable.

    I really, really, really want to hammer Cleveland on this, but I am just a tad hesitant... I don't know if LeBron really wants to end up turning his back on the fans of Ohio who have loved him since he was 14 and become the most hated sports villain there of all time.

    Honestly, wouldn't holding a one hour press conference to announce that you are leaving just be an absolute knife in the heart to all his fans at home?
     
    thornton6
    thornton6
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 2915
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2010 - 11:25 AM ET #19

    I hope he stays in Cleveland. Lebron is the Cavs and Cleveland can't see him anywhere else.
    Reply
    I hope he stays in Cleveland. Lebron is the Cavs and Cleveland can't see him anywhere else.
     
    vegasdennis
    vegasdennis
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 21934
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2010 - 11:28 AM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by kaponofor3:

    Of all the places he can go, to me it seems like Miami is not the most promising destination. Who the hell is gonna be on that team other than he, Bosh, and Mario Chalmers? LeBron needs shooters, and the New York Knicks have a great young one in Gallinari and now Amare to play the post (on offense, at least). A LeBron/Amare pick and roll would be unstoppable.

    I really, really, really want to hammer Cleveland on this, but I am just a tad hesitant... I don't know if LeBron really wants to end up turning his back on the fans of Ohio who have loved him since he was 14 and become the most hated sports villain there of all time.

    Honestly, wouldn't holding a one hour press conference to announce that you are leaving just be an absolute knife in the heart to all his fans at home?

     

    I agree but does he really go back there if he wants to win.Being stuck with Mo & Jamison

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by kaponofor3:

    Of all the places he can go, to me it seems like Miami is not the most promising destination. Who the hell is gonna be on that team other than he, Bosh, and Mario Chalmers? LeBron needs shooters, and the New York Knicks have a great young one in Gallinari and now Amare to play the post (on offense, at least). A LeBron/Amare pick and roll would be unstoppable.

    I really, really, really want to hammer Cleveland on this, but I am just a tad hesitant... I don't know if LeBron really wants to end up turning his back on the fans of Ohio who have loved him since he was 14 and become the most hated sports villain there of all time.

    Honestly, wouldn't holding a one hour press conference to announce that you are leaving just be an absolute knife in the heart to all his fans at home?

     

    I agree but does he really go back there if he wants to win.Being stuck with Mo & Jamison

     
    kaponofor3
    kaponofor3
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 35430
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2010 - 11:28 AM ET #21

    Also, is there any chance that Byron Scott takes the Cleveland job if he himself didn't believe that LeBron was returning? Without LeBron, that Cleveland position is one of the worst jobs in the entire league, isn't it?
    Reply
    Also, is there any chance that Byron Scott takes the Cleveland job if he himself didn't believe that LeBron was returning? Without LeBron, that Cleveland position is one of the worst jobs in the entire league, isn't it?
     
    HandDownManDown
    HandDownManDown
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2010
    Posts: 1360
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2010 - 11:29 AM ET #22

    I think the hour is going to be used thanking the city for all it has done for him, but he would ultimately say he is moving on.
    Reply
    I think the hour is going to be used thanking the city for all it has done for him, but he would ultimately say he is moving on.
     
    HutchEmAll
    HutchEmAll
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 38704
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2010 - 11:30 AM ET #23

    I would put my money on the Knicks. 
    Reply
    I would put my money on the Knicks. 
     
    rangerz2478
    rangerz2478
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 17830
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2010 - 11:32 AM ET #24

    Kap - I have one of the biggests bets of my entire life on Bron to stay in Cleveland. I have a ton of different bets with an average price of +300 or so. (bet it before July 1)

    I am pretty confident he stays in Cleveland but I'm not sure I would lay - odds to bet it. With that being said, I agree with everything you said about it being difficult to do this big conference, and THEN decide to leave. It really would make things 10x worse on the Cleveland fans.

     

    Hope you are right.

    Reply

    Kap - I have one of the biggests bets of my entire life on Bron to stay in Cleveland. I have a ton of different bets with an average price of +300 or so. (bet it before July 1)

    I am pretty confident he stays in Cleveland but I'm not sure I would lay - odds to bet it. With that being said, I agree with everything you said about it being difficult to do this big conference, and THEN decide to leave. It really would make things 10x worse on the Cleveland fans.

     

    Hope you are right.

     
     
    vegasdennis
    vegasdennis
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 21934
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2010 - 11:32 AM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by HandDownManDown:

    I think the hour is going to be used thanking the city for all it has done for him, but he would ultimately say he is moving on.

     

    I tend to agree but that would be brutal to Cavs fans and Cavs_lovers

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by HandDownManDown:

    I think the hour is going to be used thanking the city for all it has done for him, but he would ultimately say he is moving on.

     

    I tend to agree but that would be brutal to Cavs fans and Cavs_lovers

    All Forums | NBA Betting Forum
    123 ... 789 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,616
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,285
    • Tuesday 10/06/2026 746
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,212
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,744
    • MLB Playoffs 10,935
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,820
    • Is Braves ML -105 as safe of an even money lock possible in sports? 1,722
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 34,147
    • We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,612

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.