The Dodgers are 3-15 since July 31st vs. teams that made the playoffs, and that includes an 0-6 record in road games as they were swept on the north side of Chicago and in.......Atlanta.
After Game 4 tomorrow night, the Dodgers will fly back to L.A., but I don't expect they'll be hauling the Braves along with them.
The Dodgers are 3-15 since July 31st vs. teams that made the playoffs, and that includes an 0-6 record in road games as they were swept on the north side of Chicago and in.......Atlanta.
After Game 4 tomorrow night, the Dodgers will fly back to L.A., but I don't expect they'll be hauling the Braves along with them.
The Dodgers are 3-15 since July 31st vs. teams that made the playoffs, and that includes an 0-6 record in road games as they were swept on the north side of Chicago and in.......Atlanta. After Game 4 tomorrow night, the Dodgers will fly back to L.A., but I don't expect they'll be hauling the Braves along with them.
Braves take next two?
Quote Originally Posted by MrBator:
The Dodgers are 3-15 since July 31st vs. teams that made the playoffs, and that includes an 0-6 record in road games as they were swept on the north side of Chicago and in.......Atlanta. After Game 4 tomorrow night, the Dodgers will fly back to L.A., but I don't expect they'll be hauling the Braves along with them.
and I’m not gonna go back and look, but if I’m not mistaken, Since the All-Star break not only did the Braves sweep them, Zona did and the freaking Colorado Rockies I believe.
I’m taking it….
and I’m not gonna go back and look, but if I’m not mistaken, Since the All-Star break not only did the Braves sweep them, Zona did and the freaking Colorado Rockies I believe.
Quote Originally Posted by MrBator: The Dodgers are 3-15 since July 31st vs. teams that made the playoffs, and that includes an 0-6 record in road games as they were swept on the north side of Chicago and in.......Atlanta. After Game 4 tomorrow night, the Dodgers will fly back to L.A., but I don't expect they'll be hauling the Braves along with them. Braves take next two?
The winners of tonights game 3's will win the series, even if its the padres. Id like to see padres/rays or braves/rays in ws
.... thought braves and padres were undervalued and built for a run, and rays was my only AL choice to make WS. I just couldnt see any team in the AL challenging them. Wouldnt be surprised if they didnt lose a game til ws
Quote Originally Posted by Interstellar:
Quote Originally Posted by MrBator: The Dodgers are 3-15 since July 31st vs. teams that made the playoffs, and that includes an 0-6 record in road games as they were swept on the north side of Chicago and in.......Atlanta. After Game 4 tomorrow night, the Dodgers will fly back to L.A., but I don't expect they'll be hauling the Braves along with them. Braves take next two?
The winners of tonights game 3's will win the series, even if its the padres. Id like to see padres/rays or braves/rays in ws
.... thought braves and padres were undervalued and built for a run, and rays was my only AL choice to make WS. I just couldnt see any team in the AL challenging them. Wouldnt be surprised if they didnt lose a game til ws
I know. I respect Yoshinobu Yamamoto more than any current pitcher, but the team around him is the weakest 100-win team I've ever seen. Because of that, on August 27th I found the courage to bet against Yamamoto for the only time this season when I took Chris Sale and the Braves -115. Yamamoto was excellent as usual, but he gave up a home run on the first pitch he threw and that was all the Braves needed. They won 1-0.
Quote Originally Posted by bigred84:
@MrBator
Dodger pitcher no stooge.....
I know. I respect Yoshinobu Yamamoto more than any current pitcher, but the team around him is the weakest 100-win team I've ever seen. Because of that, on August 27th I found the courage to bet against Yamamoto for the only time this season when I took Chris Sale and the Braves -115. Yamamoto was excellent as usual, but he gave up a home run on the first pitch he threw and that was all the Braves needed. They won 1-0.
I’m taking it…. and I’m not gonna go back and look, but if I’m not mistaken, Since the All-Star break not only did the Braves sweep them, Zona did and the freaking Colorado Rockies I believe.
No. Since the All-Star break the Dodgers have been swept by the Red Sox, Cubs, and Braves. The Dodgers barely won 1 out of 3 in Arizona vs. a team that finished with 86 wins and wasn't eliminated from playoff contention until the final day of the season.
Quote Originally Posted by JP13:
I’m taking it…. and I’m not gonna go back and look, but if I’m not mistaken, Since the All-Star break not only did the Braves sweep them, Zona did and the freaking Colorado Rockies I believe.
No. Since the All-Star break the Dodgers have been swept by the Red Sox, Cubs, and Braves. The Dodgers barely won 1 out of 3 in Arizona vs. a team that finished with 86 wins and wasn't eliminated from playoff contention until the final day of the season.
By the way, I think the Dodgers are going to lose Game 3, but I'm hoping they won't because I want them to advance to the NLCS where I can bet a monstrous amount on the Brewers to eliminate them. I don't expect to get that chance, which is why I'm considering betting on the Braves +150 to win this NLDS.
By the way, I think the Dodgers are going to lose Game 3, but I'm hoping they won't because I want them to advance to the NLCS where I can bet a monstrous amount on the Brewers to eliminate them. I don't expect to get that chance, which is why I'm considering betting on the Braves +150 to win this NLDS.
Don’t see how this loses with Braves ace Sale on the mound, Braves at home, Dodgers offense anemic Dodgers just lost a Braves bullpen game with one of Dodgers aces Snell on the mound at Dodgers home and now you’re going to give me even money for Braves super ace Sale at Braves home? Very very few spots in all of sports this year you will get EV money for a stone cold lock but this is one of them
The margin of error for both teams on this game is so small and this could still go either way. Sale is not a lock, he gave up 3 runs against the circus team Phillies, what do you think the Dodgers can do to him if they caught him slacking. Yamamoto is coming in well rested for today and as reigning finals MVP I dont think he will disappoint.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
e
Quote Originally Posted by MDizzle23:
Don’t see how this loses with Braves ace Sale on the mound, Braves at home, Dodgers offense anemic Dodgers just lost a Braves bullpen game with one of Dodgers aces Snell on the mound at Dodgers home and now you’re going to give me even money for Braves super ace Sale at Braves home? Very very few spots in all of sports this year you will get EV money for a stone cold lock but this is one of them
The margin of error for both teams on this game is so small and this could still go either way. Sale is not a lock, he gave up 3 runs against the circus team Phillies, what do you think the Dodgers can do to him if they caught him slacking. Yamamoto is coming in well rested for today and as reigning finals MVP I dont think he will disappoint.
Plenty of vets up and down the ATL order. $ale will compete. It's not him coming in with ATL trying to avoid getting swept, they know what this game means. All season they've made sure to give $ale plenty of rest specifically for this moment. On top of that Tyler Mahle has been nails since joining ATL at the trade deadline.
#BravesIn4.
Plenty of vets up and down the ATL order. $ale will compete. It's not him coming in with ATL trying to avoid getting swept, they know what this game means. All season they've made sure to give $ale plenty of rest specifically for this moment. On top of that Tyler Mahle has been nails since joining ATL at the trade deadline.
I also think tonight is the night ATL cuts the last string with Freddie Freeman.. I don't except as many well wishes for him tonight it's hard to believe it's been 5 years since he joined LA.
Tonight is WAR.
I also think tonight is the night ATL cuts the last string with Freddie Freeman.. I don't except as many well wishes for him tonight it's hard to believe it's been 5 years since he joined LA.
This is very key to me as the playoffs approached and folks got healthy, etc.:
The Dodgers' offense really did struggle in July/August. Their second-half wRC+ was 93 as of mid-August, and August was particularly bad at 90 wRC+.
But they turned it around in September. They posted the second-highest wRC+ in MLB and went 18–7.
Don't be too impressed. They mopped up against some awful pitchers. The Dodgers went 15-1 in September vs. the crumbling Nationals, the dreadful Reds, and the towel-tossing Giants (who went 0-6 vs. the Dodgers over the final 9 days of the season).
Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:
This is very key to me as the playoffs approached and folks got healthy, etc.:
The Dodgers' offense really did struggle in July/August. Their second-half wRC+ was 93 as of mid-August, and August was particularly bad at 90 wRC+.
But they turned it around in September. They posted the second-highest wRC+ in MLB and went 18–7.
Don't be too impressed. They mopped up against some awful pitchers. The Dodgers went 15-1 in September vs. the crumbling Nationals, the dreadful Reds, and the towel-tossing Giants (who went 0-6 vs. the Dodgers over the final 9 days of the season).
If you want to take the Braves take them f5 -0.5 at +128. That is the sharpest possible value I could think of for this game aside from Dodgers ML. The moment Sale gets off the mound, the Braves’ advantage is gone.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
If you want to take the Braves take them f5 -0.5 at +128. That is the sharpest possible value I could think of for this game aside from Dodgers ML. The moment Sale gets off the mound, the Braves’ advantage is gone.