• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Music

    A Chronicle of a Lifetime of Music

    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
    Henry-Lilly
    dennishopson
    Sugarhouse
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 3353
    Posts: 95
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
     
    Henry-Lilly
    Henry-Lilly
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 10502
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2010 - 1:45 PM ET #51

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarhouse:

    Am I all ok yet? Not even close. Probably never will be. Thanks for the horrifically phrased question, though. Excellently done.


    D-hop is reaching out.  Both you guys are cool.  Meet him half way and shake hands, Sugarhouse. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarhouse:

    Am I all ok yet? Not even close. Probably never will be. Thanks for the horrifically phrased question, though. Excellently done.


    D-hop is reaching out.  Both you guys are cool.  Meet him half way and shake hands, Sugarhouse. 
     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2010 - 11:24 PM ET #52

    Thank you Henry.....

    Sugar, sorry I came across as irritating about that subject regarding "best" of things........   Cool?
    Reply
    Thank you Henry.....

    Sugar, sorry I came across as irritating about that subject regarding "best" of things........   Cool?
     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2010 - 11:33 PM ET #53

    I am going to spend some sincere time in this thread. Downloading 2 flicks that I can't believe I;m able to download way before they will be available on DVD.

    Henry, you download flicks? Snap turned me onto the best site ever experienced by me..let me know....

    Appreciate the effort by the way bubba. We can't have negativity in the music section , and Sugar clearly fits right in as far as wanting to contribute, eh Henry?


    Movies and music......2 of the greatest things ever......
    Reply
    I am going to spend some sincere time in this thread. Downloading 2 flicks that I can't believe I;m able to download way before they will be available on DVD.

    Henry, you download flicks? Snap turned me onto the best site ever experienced by me..let me know....

    Appreciate the effort by the way bubba. We can't have negativity in the music section , and Sugar clearly fits right in as far as wanting to contribute, eh Henry?


    Movies and music......2 of the greatest things ever......
     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2010 - 4:16 AM ET #54

    Bustin out with Johnny Nash "I Can See Clearly Now". Weird, because I heard it in a restaurant, went home and added it a couple weeks ago......."Bobby Goldsboro-Summer The First Time"......I remember that song being played in the car as like a 5 yr old. How the hell did you recall the name of that? Do you have your Dad's album collection? That'd be cool and worth some good money also.

    Roger Whittaker    lol .......

    Feel like Karen Carpenter was underrated, and still doesn't get her due as putting out some wonderfully done stuff.....RIP

    Janis Ian.....never knew her name or title of that song

    I can't stand Linda Ronstadt. I know that isn't the point, but was she banging then Gov. Jerry Brown at that time?

    You Anne Murrayed me.....


    Posted: 2/11/2010 12:38:29 PM

    I can't believe I found this.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1F5BLLFAeM

    (you are going though a set of vinyls.....lol)

    Arrrgh!!! Mary McGregor!!!?!?! There's a theme here.......Helen Reddy "I Am Woman" is not far ahead, guaranteed.....Your Mom (LOL....no insult at your mother) did this to you....

    John Denver and Olivia Newton John.....at least one of the two chicks was hot!

    Deborah Harry - Tide is High.....song sucked, she was hot.....

    (Henry, I told you, out of respect to this nice young man, I'd go through all these....so far Bobby Goldsboro has made the cut.... )

    Neil Diamond hurts my ears and eyes. My Mom would have told me to button my shirt up....,.

    1982.....you watched the 1st 3 wrestlemanias..Cool. Back in the day! ..Couldn't play that whole Cyndi Lauper song, but everyone go ahead and make fun of me......I actually have Rick Derringer doing that Hulk  Hogan theme from the mid eighties in my 'puter and I Pods......

    I hate Billy Ocean. reminds me of college when you had to dance at least 3 songs to get the girl to fuck you.

    Thank all thats good in the World......you finally reached the age of something decent.....Van Halen........  I was about to slit my wrists!!!!

    One step forward, 2 steps back.....who the hell is "newcleus" other than two fat black chick that can't spell.

    Got the razorblade hovering over my wrist again..............fullforce/ufto???? 

    Run-DMC.....you get a pass on........

    That "shannon" shit was more songs we had to dance to in public in order to get laid......the crap these bitches would put us through...

    (shit!!! when do you reach your 30's dammit! )

    Early MJ, gotta respect it......Even though , you passed "Off The Wall" Sugar.......

    That origins of Moonwalk was some pretty cool stuff Sugar......MJ did and was influenced my many going back to vaudeville, etc.

    "Laid Back-White Horse" reminds me of all the strip joints we'd end up in late night when I was a stockbroker '87-ish.........

    I can't name an Iron Maiden or Powerslave song (thankfully)

    I can get into that Motley Crue.......

    Madness, Eddy Grant, and that Human League song were being cranked every party my freshman yr college.......

    Poison had some really good shit ...."Something to Believe In"...
    ....and their vids cracked me the fuck up!

    AC/DC should have just come naturally, but you did start kinda soft....

    The rest is Metal................Cool. You at least got rockin' of some type or another.........




    I told you, that I'd listen to everyone of those songs  out of respect, and I couldn't wait to have you age.......LOL.........Please take that as a peace token, and bury whatever hard feelings you had about something else.....      (Please don't drege it up! (please please please)

    I am putting that Bobby Goldsboro in my library right this second...Not kidding...









    Reply
    Bustin out with Johnny Nash "I Can See Clearly Now". Weird, because I heard it in a restaurant, went home and added it a couple weeks ago......."Bobby Goldsboro-Summer The First Time"......I remember that song being played in the car as like a 5 yr old. How the hell did you recall the name of that? Do you have your Dad's album collection? That'd be cool and worth some good money also.

    Roger Whittaker    lol .......

    Feel like Karen Carpenter was underrated, and still doesn't get her due as putting out some wonderfully done stuff.....RIP

    Janis Ian.....never knew her name or title of that song

    I can't stand Linda Ronstadt. I know that isn't the point, but was she banging then Gov. Jerry Brown at that time?

    You Anne Murrayed me.....


    Posted: 2/11/2010 12:38:29 PM

    I can't believe I found this.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1F5BLLFAeM

    (you are going though a set of vinyls.....lol)

    Arrrgh!!! Mary McGregor!!!?!?! There's a theme here.......Helen Reddy "I Am Woman" is not far ahead, guaranteed.....Your Mom (LOL....no insult at your mother) did this to you....

    John Denver and Olivia Newton John.....at least one of the two chicks was hot!

    Deborah Harry - Tide is High.....song sucked, she was hot.....

    (Henry, I told you, out of respect to this nice young man, I'd go through all these....so far Bobby Goldsboro has made the cut.... )

    Neil Diamond hurts my ears and eyes. My Mom would have told me to button my shirt up....,.

    1982.....you watched the 1st 3 wrestlemanias..Cool. Back in the day! ..Couldn't play that whole Cyndi Lauper song, but everyone go ahead and make fun of me......I actually have Rick Derringer doing that Hulk  Hogan theme from the mid eighties in my 'puter and I Pods......

    I hate Billy Ocean. reminds me of college when you had to dance at least 3 songs to get the girl to fuck you.

    Thank all thats good in the World......you finally reached the age of something decent.....Van Halen........  I was about to slit my wrists!!!!

    One step forward, 2 steps back.....who the hell is "newcleus" other than two fat black chick that can't spell.

    Got the razorblade hovering over my wrist again..............fullforce/ufto???? 

    Run-DMC.....you get a pass on........

    That "shannon" shit was more songs we had to dance to in public in order to get laid......the crap these bitches would put us through...

    (shit!!! when do you reach your 30's dammit! )

    Early MJ, gotta respect it......Even though , you passed "Off The Wall" Sugar.......

    That origins of Moonwalk was some pretty cool stuff Sugar......MJ did and was influenced my many going back to vaudeville, etc.

    "Laid Back-White Horse" reminds me of all the strip joints we'd end up in late night when I was a stockbroker '87-ish.........

    I can't name an Iron Maiden or Powerslave song (thankfully)

    I can get into that Motley Crue.......

    Madness, Eddy Grant, and that Human League song were being cranked every party my freshman yr college.......

    Poison had some really good shit ...."Something to Believe In"...
    ....and their vids cracked me the fuck up!

    AC/DC should have just come naturally, but you did start kinda soft....

    The rest is Metal................Cool. You at least got rockin' of some type or another.........




    I told you, that I'd listen to everyone of those songs  out of respect, and I couldn't wait to have you age.......LOL.........Please take that as a peace token, and bury whatever hard feelings you had about something else.....      (Please don't drege it up! (please please please)

    I am putting that Bobby Goldsboro in my library right this second...Not kidding...









     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2010 - 4:23 AM ET #55

    The "Best" of all those songs, and I can make a strong valid case of it........Johnny Nash- I Can See Clearly Now The Rain Is Gone"





    Reply
    The "Best" of all those songs, and I can make a strong valid case of it........Johnny Nash- I Can See Clearly Now The Rain Is Gone"





     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: Feb. 25, 2010 - 6:02 AM ET #56

    Henry, that's the last time I give a shit about someone that thin skinned, especially when they were wrong in the first place........
    Reply
    Henry, that's the last time I give a shit about someone that thin skinned, especially when they were wrong in the first place........
     
    Sugarhouse
    Sugarhouse
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 1784
    Posted: Feb. 25, 2010 - 2:48 PM ET #57

    Quote Originally Posted by dennishopson:

    Henry, that's the last time I give a shit about someone that thin skinned, especially when they were wrong in the first place........
    I was waiting for your true colors to shine through, DH. Why plead with me to not dredge things back up, while in doing so, you end up dredging it back up?  I'm as thin-skinned as anybody here. I like debating. I believe I'm good at proving a point. 
    As for the selections in this thread, I don't necessarily like them anymore. In fact, many of them suck in my opinion. If you actually went through all of them and came back with the Goldsboro tune to put in your library, we will always be at an impasse. That was one of my dad's favorite artists, and still is, even though he doesn't own one record or cd of any of his favorites.
     I can see through your thinly veiled, wanna-be friendship-speak and wish to have nothing else to say or do with you. Your attitude sucks and your lack of genuineness makes me sick. You say one thing and do another. To be quite frank, people like you and the little games you play are what makes me not like places like this. 
    I wonder how many people in your "real" life would agree with me. 

    As before, always remember; your inability to differentiate quality from success contributes greatly to the watering down of the art world's gene pool. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dennishopson:

    Henry, that's the last time I give a shit about someone that thin skinned, especially when they were wrong in the first place........
    I was waiting for your true colors to shine through, DH. Why plead with me to not dredge things back up, while in doing so, you end up dredging it back up?  I'm as thin-skinned as anybody here. I like debating. I believe I'm good at proving a point. 
    As for the selections in this thread, I don't necessarily like them anymore. In fact, many of them suck in my opinion. If you actually went through all of them and came back with the Goldsboro tune to put in your library, we will always be at an impasse. That was one of my dad's favorite artists, and still is, even though he doesn't own one record or cd of any of his favorites.
     I can see through your thinly veiled, wanna-be friendship-speak and wish to have nothing else to say or do with you. Your attitude sucks and your lack of genuineness makes me sick. You say one thing and do another. To be quite frank, people like you and the little games you play are what makes me not like places like this. 
    I wonder how many people in your "real" life would agree with me. 

    As before, always remember; your inability to differentiate quality from success contributes greatly to the watering down of the art world's gene pool. 
     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: Feb. 25, 2010 - 11:42 PM ET #58

    I never bashed your stuff. I said I'd give it a look see, imagined that I already had one or some, and would find one or some others to add.......Both ended up as being true....

    I'd be missing out by not clicking music links here 

    I'll freely serve myself up with every bit as dated goofy stuff that I listed to without changing the channel or assissinating my radio.

    I did download that bobby goldsboro song last night, and complete coincidence, downloaded the first one on your list....the Johnny Nash tune.


    Can we just let the whole "best" this and that stuff die sugar?  I have nothing to add, and if you can, feel free. I'm leaving that topic permanently
    Reply
    I never bashed your stuff. I said I'd give it a look see, imagined that I already had one or some, and would find one or some others to add.......Both ended up as being true....

    I'd be missing out by not clicking music links here 

    I'll freely serve myself up with every bit as dated goofy stuff that I listed to without changing the channel or assissinating my radio.

    I did download that bobby goldsboro song last night, and complete coincidence, downloaded the first one on your list....the Johnny Nash tune.


    Can we just let the whole "best" this and that stuff die sugar?  I have nothing to add, and if you can, feel free. I'm leaving that topic permanently
     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: Feb. 25, 2010 - 11:52 PM ET #59

    sugar---As before, always remember; your inability to differentiate quality from success contributes greatly to the watering down of the art world's gene pool.

    Still trying hard to figure out why I'm singled out as the only one that agrees with my points.....At least 4 others in this thread agreed also. So just crawl off. It's really getting boring.......

    By the way, I never said success over quality as being the only, but one of many criteria......

    ..........I mean shit! Everyone with half a brain knows since you've enlightened us all sugar, that Jeffrey Buckley dwarfs Led Zeppelin as far as talent goes and are a much better rock band....Just plain old bad luck that the J.Buckley Band didn't get the same lotto style luck as Led Zep did over the years.

    It's just not fair dammit!!!!   
    Reply
    sugar---As before, always remember; your inability to differentiate quality from success contributes greatly to the watering down of the art world's gene pool.

    Still trying hard to figure out why I'm singled out as the only one that agrees with my points.....At least 4 others in this thread agreed also. So just crawl off. It's really getting boring.......

    By the way, I never said success over quality as being the only, but one of many criteria......

    ..........I mean shit! Everyone with half a brain knows since you've enlightened us all sugar, that Jeffrey Buckley dwarfs Led Zeppelin as far as talent goes and are a much better rock band....Just plain old bad luck that the J.Buckley Band didn't get the same lotto style luck as Led Zep did over the years.

    It's just not fair dammit!!!!   
     
    Sugarhouse
    Sugarhouse
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 1784
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2010 - 9:28 PM ET #60

    Back to the original idea of this thread, which is to chronicle the music I heard and experienced throughout my life. It's becoming a sort of auto-biography and I'm interested to see how it ends up. I'm fully aware that this is a self-indulgent exercize but I'm enjoying it.
    Reply
    Back to the original idea of this thread, which is to chronicle the music I heard and experienced throughout my life. It's becoming a sort of auto-biography and I'm interested to see how it ends up. I'm fully aware that this is a self-indulgent exercize but I'm enjoying it.
     
    Sugarhouse
    Sugarhouse
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 1784
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2010 - 9:29 PM ET #61

    Back to the original idea of this thread, which is to chronicle the music I heard and experienced throughout my life. It's becoming a sort of auto-biography and I'm interested to see how it ends up. I'm fully aware that this is a self-indulgent exercize but I'm enjoying it.
    Reply
    Back to the original idea of this thread, which is to chronicle the music I heard and experienced throughout my life. It's becoming a sort of auto-biography and I'm interested to see how it ends up. I'm fully aware that this is a self-indulgent exercize but I'm enjoying it.
     
    Sugarhouse
    Sugarhouse
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 1784
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2010 - 9:56 PM ET #62

    When Pearl Jam hit the scene I was floored. I was eighteen and had never heard anything like it. Consequently, I was sucked into the Seattle sound and wouldn't emerge until I was twenty-one.

     

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPOcyKaTJ_o

    Reply

    When Pearl Jam hit the scene I was floored. I was eighteen and had never heard anything like it. Consequently, I was sucked into the Seattle sound and wouldn't emerge until I was twenty-one.

     

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPOcyKaTJ_o

     
    Sugarhouse
    Sugarhouse
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 1784
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2010 - 10:04 PM ET #63

    Alice In Chains was the main reason I found a calling to be a singer of any sort. How could I not sing along to the harmonies they came up with? Great chorus in this song, "Sunshine."

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLaxMWyaoEI

    Reply

    Alice In Chains was the main reason I found a calling to be a singer of any sort. How could I not sing along to the harmonies they came up with? Great chorus in this song, "Sunshine."

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLaxMWyaoEI

     
    Sugarhouse
    Sugarhouse
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 1784
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2010 - 10:13 PM ET #64

    My rear view mirror in my '79 Monte Carlo was a constant vibrating mess when Soundgarden was playing. Holy shit were these guys great to drive fast to.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52LItm_S-6Q

    Reply

    My rear view mirror in my '79 Monte Carlo was a constant vibrating mess when Soundgarden was playing. Holy shit were these guys great to drive fast to.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52LItm_S-6Q

     
    Sugarhouse
    Sugarhouse
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 1784
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2010 - 10:44 PM ET #65

    Amazingly, during the Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, and Pearl Jam days, I found out I had a naturally booming, baritone voice. I had sung in a choir before and was recommended to take some vocal lessons. Here are some of the tunes I learned. Some are whacky, some are most beautiful.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzuBab13yjY

     

    Dietrich Fischer-Diskau singing Schubert.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyxMMg6bxrg

    Reply

    Amazingly, during the Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, and Pearl Jam days, I found out I had a naturally booming, baritone voice. I had sung in a choir before and was recommended to take some vocal lessons. Here are some of the tunes I learned. Some are whacky, some are most beautiful.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzuBab13yjY

     

    Dietrich Fischer-Diskau singing Schubert.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyxMMg6bxrg

     
    Sugarhouse
    Sugarhouse
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 1784
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2010 - 11:03 PM ET #66

    I was one of the singers in a small production of Stephen Sondheim's "A Little Night Music" when I was nineteen. Believe it or not, one of my singing partners was Amy Jo Johnson. She went on to be the first "pink" Power Ranger and co-star in the t.v. show, "Felicity." No big whoop, I know. But man did I and everybody else in the cast have a big crush on her. She was quite the cutie. This is an example of what we did in that show.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn3HeCRXO4g&feature=related

    the horror!

    Reply

    I was one of the singers in a small production of Stephen Sondheim's "A Little Night Music" when I was nineteen. Believe it or not, one of my singing partners was Amy Jo Johnson. She went on to be the first "pink" Power Ranger and co-star in the t.v. show, "Felicity." No big whoop, I know. But man did I and everybody else in the cast have a big crush on her. She was quite the cutie. This is an example of what we did in that show.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn3HeCRXO4g&feature=related

    the horror!

     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2010 - 11:56 PM ET #67

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarhouse:

    Back to the original idea of this thread, which is to chronicle the music I heard and experienced throughout my life. It's becoming a sort of auto-biography and I'm interested to see how it ends up. I'm fully aware that this is a self-indulgent exercize but I'm enjoying it.


    I enjoyed it also. Wasn't as familiar with the Metal stuff, but it was fun going late 60s to present.

    sugar, would you know some names from the Seattle music scene late '70s till early 90s? I have a bunch of friends now that I run into on a semi-regular basis and talk/correspond with, that I didn't know then, when they were involved in it all, and the Seattle Scene was really great......


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarhouse:

    Back to the original idea of this thread, which is to chronicle the music I heard and experienced throughout my life. It's becoming a sort of auto-biography and I'm interested to see how it ends up. I'm fully aware that this is a self-indulgent exercize but I'm enjoying it.


    I enjoyed it also. Wasn't as familiar with the Metal stuff, but it was fun going late 60s to present.

    sugar, would you know some names from the Seattle music scene late '70s till early 90s? I have a bunch of friends now that I run into on a semi-regular basis and talk/correspond with, that I didn't know then, when they were involved in it all, and the Seattle Scene was really great......


     
    Sugarhouse
    Sugarhouse
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 1784
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2010 - 8:23 PM ET #68

    Quote Originally Posted by dennishopson:



    I enjoyed it also. Wasn't as familiar with the Metal stuff, but it was fun going late 60s to present.

    sugar, would you know some names from the Seattle music scene late '70s till early 90s? I have a bunch of friends now that I run into on a semi-regular basis and talk/correspond with, that I didn't know then, when they were involved in it all, and the Seattle Scene was really great......


    I'm not familiar with anything off-hand but check this link out and you can choose for yourself from all the names.
    https://www.lightintheattic.net/?p=853
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dennishopson:



    I enjoyed it also. Wasn't as familiar with the Metal stuff, but it was fun going late 60s to present.

    sugar, would you know some names from the Seattle music scene late '70s till early 90s? I have a bunch of friends now that I run into on a semi-regular basis and talk/correspond with, that I didn't know then, when they were involved in it all, and the Seattle Scene was really great......


    I'm not familiar with anything off-hand but check this link out and you can choose for yourself from all the names.
    https://www.lightintheattic.net/?p=853
     
    Sugarhouse
    Sugarhouse
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 1784
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2010 - 8:37 PM ET #69

    The featured aria in this clip is what I had to learn for a concert. I have no idea why such a young singer could be expected to sing such a demanding aria, but I did it anyway. I figured this cartoon was better than any real life performance. Some stereotypes and racist overtones in this clip. Suck it up.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va2YVwH5J3E&feature=related
    Reply
    The featured aria in this clip is what I had to learn for a concert. I have no idea why such a young singer could be expected to sing such a demanding aria, but I did it anyway. I figured this cartoon was better than any real life performance. Some stereotypes and racist overtones in this clip. Suck it up.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va2YVwH5J3E&feature=related
     
    Sugarhouse
    Sugarhouse
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 1784
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2010 - 9:37 PM ET #70

    During my college years, i acquired a cd with this piece of music on it. It was a recording of St. Martin in the Field Orchestra performing Ralph Vaughn William's "Fantasia on a theme of Thomas Tallis." The orchestra in this clip does a pretty good version. It's 17 minutes. Sit back and turn the lights low, drink some scotch and think of someone you've lost or yearn for. It's one of the few pieces of music which brings me to tears every so often. 

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y7nJL1hpUU
     I recommend you not watch the video whilst listening. Close your eyes if you have to.


    Reply
    During my college years, i acquired a cd with this piece of music on it. It was a recording of St. Martin in the Field Orchestra performing Ralph Vaughn William's "Fantasia on a theme of Thomas Tallis." The orchestra in this clip does a pretty good version. It's 17 minutes. Sit back and turn the lights low, drink some scotch and think of someone you've lost or yearn for. It's one of the few pieces of music which brings me to tears every so often. 

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y7nJL1hpUU
     I recommend you not watch the video whilst listening. Close your eyes if you have to.


     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2010 - 9:45 PM ET #71

    Sugar, how about this guy and some of the names he has rubbed elbows with.....

    https://www.myspace.com/rogerfishermusic

    Especially all the names in this link of his below......

    https://www.rogerfisher.com/


    He's 15 years older than me and I was in Ohio for most of their "haydays" and Calif. as it was all winding down in Seattle. I can't be that much older than you with some of the cool old shit yoiu've brought up as listening to as a kid....


    Reply
    Sugar, how about this guy and some of the names he has rubbed elbows with.....

    https://www.myspace.com/rogerfishermusic

    Especially all the names in this link of his below......

    https://www.rogerfisher.com/


    He's 15 years older than me and I was in Ohio for most of their "haydays" and Calif. as it was all winding down in Seattle. I can't be that much older than you with some of the cool old shit yoiu've brought up as listening to as a kid....


     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2010 - 9:48 PM ET #72

    Quote Originally Posted by dennishopson:

    Sugar, how about this guy and some of the names he has rubbed elbows with.....

    https://www.myspace.com/rogerfishermusic

    Especially all the names in this link of his below......

    https://www.rogerfisher.com/


    He's 15 years older than me and I was in Ohio for most of their "haydays" and Calif. as it was all winding down in Seattle. I can't be that much older than you with some of the cool old shit yoiu've brought up as listening to as a kid....




    Figured my lazy butt should at least link the stuff.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dennishopson:

    Sugar, how about this guy and some of the names he has rubbed elbows with.....

    https://www.myspace.com/rogerfishermusic

    Especially all the names in this link of his below......

    https://www.rogerfisher.com/


    He's 15 years older than me and I was in Ohio for most of their "haydays" and Calif. as it was all winding down in Seattle. I can't be that much older than you with some of the cool old shit yoiu've brought up as listening to as a kid....




    Figured my lazy butt should at least link the stuff.
     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2010 - 9:50 PM ET #73

    Sugar, make a music avatar. I'd be curious to see who you'd put up in the pic.


    Reply
    Sugar, make a music avatar. I'd be curious to see who you'd put up in the pic.


     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2010 - 10:28 PM ET #74

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarhouse:

    Alice In Chains was the main reason I found a calling to be a singer of any sort. How could I not sing along to the harmonies they came up with? Great chorus in this song, "Sunshine."

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLaxMWyaoEI



    You ever get any opportunities to sing for some bands you liked and/or for cash?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarhouse:

    Alice In Chains was the main reason I found a calling to be a singer of any sort. How could I not sing along to the harmonies they came up with? Great chorus in this song, "Sunshine."

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLaxMWyaoEI



    You ever get any opportunities to sing for some bands you liked and/or for cash?
     
     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2010 - 10:31 PM ET #75

    Checking out that fantasia link......
    Reply
    Checking out that fantasia link......
    All Forums | Music
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 452,713
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,213
    • Tuesday 09/29/2026 638
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 6,402
    • PART DEUX 254
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,523
    • You asked for more winners- here you go 1,514
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,840
    • That’s the game! This will end 3-2 Phillies win. No more runs. Take In Game Live UNDER 5.5 runs (+261) and Phillies to win by EXACTLY 1 runs (+280) 622
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,704

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.