• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Las Vegas

    Minimum needed to live the dream

    «First Previous 789 ... 181920 Next Last»
    LabbyKing
    KennyWoo
    maitr3
    ezpz
    HardballHarry
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 283609
    Posts: 495
    «First Previous 789 ... 181920 Next Last»
     
    LabbyKing
    LabbyKing
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2012
    Posts: 293
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2012 - 7:02 PM ET #151

    Quote Originally Posted by mgmprofits:


    Well the portion you wrote about making $100 per day not being possible...This is simply untrue.

    Anyone can make an easy $100 per day out here (or much more)if you have a professional system as I do.

    In other words, the minimum to live the dream would be $0. You do not need a dime to start. But obviously unless you wish to be homeless I'd recommend enough to rent a place, as well as for food and bankroll. The bankroll required for my Holy Grail system is only $150 to start. 

    I have never lost in the long term with it. It works consistently, so the problem with most people out here is that they don't know how to play or win. That is why it costs them so much. Las Vegas is actually one of the cheaper places to live in the country, so if you're not a loser, this is a good place to come and live.

    That's basically what I said.  Glad to hear you have a system that works for you.  I hope you saw the advice of keeping it to yourself...  I will be out there at the end of the month and am getting pumped!!

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmprofits:


    Well the portion you wrote about making $100 per day not being possible...This is simply untrue.

    Anyone can make an easy $100 per day out here (or much more)if you have a professional system as I do.

    In other words, the minimum to live the dream would be $0. You do not need a dime to start. But obviously unless you wish to be homeless I'd recommend enough to rent a place, as well as for food and bankroll. The bankroll required for my Holy Grail system is only $150 to start. 

    I have never lost in the long term with it. It works consistently, so the problem with most people out here is that they don't know how to play or win. That is why it costs them so much. Las Vegas is actually one of the cheaper places to live in the country, so if you're not a loser, this is a good place to come and live.

    That's basically what I said.  Glad to hear you have a system that works for you.  I hope you saw the advice of keeping it to yourself...  I will be out there at the end of the month and am getting pumped!!

     
    KennyWoo
    KennyWoo
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 2510
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2012 - 7:23 PM ET #152

    Hope all is well, Slim, as I have enjoyed the thread.

    For everyone saying he should "get a job" - unemployment in Vegas is sky high. 

    Reply

    Hope all is well, Slim, as I have enjoyed the thread.

    For everyone saying he should "get a job" - unemployment in Vegas is sky high. 

     
    maitr3
    maitr3
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2008
    Posts: 375
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2012 - 5:41 AM ET #153

    Living the dream making $100 a day?  Totaling 36k a year?  That's laughable.  36k will cover your expenses but that's as far as it goes. You're still running the rat race like any other joe, except you'll be stressed, and i mean stressed the fuck out.  Sleepless nights, days without eating.  Reconsider until you have a better plan/money to blow.  You can thank me for keeping your health and sanity.
    Reply
    Living the dream making $100 a day?  Totaling 36k a year?  That's laughable.  36k will cover your expenses but that's as far as it goes. You're still running the rat race like any other joe, except you'll be stressed, and i mean stressed the fuck out.  Sleepless nights, days without eating.  Reconsider until you have a better plan/money to blow.  You can thank me for keeping your health and sanity.
     
    ezpz
    ezpz
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2001
    Posts: 204
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2012 - 4:52 PM ET #154

    I used to think it was living the dream to go to Vegas and live on sports winnings. Unless you hate where your living now, living the dream can be from wherever you are with the stability of friends and family. With offshore you can do that.

    Someone once said sports betting is a hard way to make a Easy living.

    This rings true to me.
    Reply
    I used to think it was living the dream to go to Vegas and live on sports winnings. Unless you hate where your living now, living the dream can be from wherever you are with the stability of friends and family. With offshore you can do that.

    Someone once said sports betting is a hard way to make a Easy living.

    This rings true to me.
     
    HardballHarry
    HardballHarry
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 48
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2012 - 7:10 PM ET #155

    How can anyone honestly say that making 36k is living the dream!? Are you kidding me?

    Not even close. To think that is "the dream" is delusional.

     

    Reply

    How can anyone honestly say that making 36k is living the dream!? Are you kidding me?

    Not even close. To think that is "the dream" is delusional.

     

     
    LabbyKing
    LabbyKing
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2012
    Posts: 293
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2012 - 11:13 PM ET #156

    I think you guys are caught up on the $100/day.  The idea of the guy was to make a living gambling.  That might be $100/day for him or whatever.

    And as a golfer if I join a club where I can golf everyday with buddies and make $100 in 30 minutes at the tables and chill out with friends at night.  I'd take it.

    One mans dream is another man's nightmare.

    You negative pricks  :)  Just kidding.

     

    Reply

    I think you guys are caught up on the $100/day.  The idea of the guy was to make a living gambling.  That might be $100/day for him or whatever.

    And as a golfer if I join a club where I can golf everyday with buddies and make $100 in 30 minutes at the tables and chill out with friends at night.  I'd take it.

    One mans dream is another man's nightmare.

    You negative pricks  :)  Just kidding.

     

     
    Pendo
    Pendo
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 3644
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2012 - 9:27 PM ET #157

    @LabbyKing,
    Spot-on!  One man's meat is another man's poison.  
    If you're living flying free and can sustain it, then you're not in the rat race so your cash flow may be lower than the Wall Street Bankster but you're happier than him because you're privileged to be enjoying a higher Quality Of Life, and not trapped into monetary comparisons against the the next guy in order to con yourself into believing that you're not trapped - when you're just too frightened and/or lazy to change for your betterment.  Such folks die with oodles of things they cling to which their survivors are stuck unloading after their demise.

    @ezpz,
    Also correcto: If I hadn't plenty of family members born & raised here in Lost Wages to go along with 'Beard jobs' then I don't think it would ever warm-up cozy enough to like it here, and instead just show itself as the Kitsch Palatial Pomposity it really is. Reno & Lake Tahoe are more preferable by far.   Some of the Sharps, managers and ticket-writers I know use Offshores to either not move lines, be at work and yet place wagers and not loose their jobs, or some combo of the aforesaid.

    But Billy Walters shows sports investing is not so much a "hard" way as it is an involved way to make an Easy Living.
     
    Reply
    @LabbyKing,
    Spot-on!  One man's meat is another man's poison.  
    If you're living flying free and can sustain it, then you're not in the rat race so your cash flow may be lower than the Wall Street Bankster but you're happier than him because you're privileged to be enjoying a higher Quality Of Life, and not trapped into monetary comparisons against the the next guy in order to con yourself into believing that you're not trapped - when you're just too frightened and/or lazy to change for your betterment.  Such folks die with oodles of things they cling to which their survivors are stuck unloading after their demise.

    @ezpz,
    Also correcto: If I hadn't plenty of family members born & raised here in Lost Wages to go along with 'Beard jobs' then I don't think it would ever warm-up cozy enough to like it here, and instead just show itself as the Kitsch Palatial Pomposity it really is. Reno & Lake Tahoe are more preferable by far.   Some of the Sharps, managers and ticket-writers I know use Offshores to either not move lines, be at work and yet place wagers and not loose their jobs, or some combo of the aforesaid.

    But Billy Walters shows sports investing is not so much a "hard" way as it is an involved way to make an Easy Living.
     
     
    frameon
    frameon
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 1
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2012 - 11:33 PM ET #158

    you wouldn't have expenses in vegas if you had someone there placing bets for you for a small fee.
    Reply
    you wouldn't have expenses in vegas if you had someone there placing bets for you for a small fee.
     
    fade_monkeyman
    fade_monkeyman
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 359
    Posted: Oct. 19, 2012 - 2:36 AM ET #159

    Why wouldn't you just get a sports bookie in whatever town you live. And you can play poker for a couple hundred bucks legally in possibly every state in the US. I don't understand this thread. Las Vegas is such a shit-ass place. Please explain more...

    Or for that matter, if you need a book i'll just take your bets and we can settle up via paypal. And find somewhere to play poker. Pls explain
    Reply
    Why wouldn't you just get a sports bookie in whatever town you live. And you can play poker for a couple hundred bucks legally in possibly every state in the US. I don't understand this thread. Las Vegas is such a shit-ass place. Please explain more...

    Or for that matter, if you need a book i'll just take your bets and we can settle up via paypal. And find somewhere to play poker. Pls explain
     
    fade_monkeyman
    fade_monkeyman
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 359
    Posted: Oct. 19, 2012 - 2:50 AM ET #160

    perhaps you're just trying to escape buffalo, and i can empathize with that. But I don't understand why living in las vegas is the dream. Honestly it's like bud, man. Gambling will eventually be legal by code or de facto legal in most major cities, then suburbs.... etc. How are you going to feel when you live in the middle of the desert when you find out that sand is now available everywhere.
    Reply
    perhaps you're just trying to escape buffalo, and i can empathize with that. But I don't understand why living in las vegas is the dream. Honestly it's like bud, man. Gambling will eventually be legal by code or de facto legal in most major cities, then suburbs.... etc. How are you going to feel when you live in the middle of the desert when you find out that sand is now available everywhere.
     
    HardballHarry
    HardballHarry
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 48
    Posted: Oct. 19, 2012 - 7:32 AM ET #161

    Quote Originally Posted by frameon:

    you wouldn't have expenses in vegas if you had someone there placing bets for you for a small fee.


    Good point. Can you hold this 100k for me. I will tell you when to bet. Oh yeah call me the second the openers come out. Check all places. Dont front run please. Call me as soon as a number changes to my bet zone. Full time for a small fee? how many limit bets can one person place? 


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by frameon:

    you wouldn't have expenses in vegas if you had someone there placing bets for you for a small fee.


    Good point. Can you hold this 100k for me. I will tell you when to bet. Oh yeah call me the second the openers come out. Check all places. Dont front run please. Call me as soon as a number changes to my bet zone. Full time for a small fee? how many limit bets can one person place? 


     
    frameon
    frameon
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 1
    Posted: Oct. 20, 2012 - 1:09 AM ET #162

    I am sure not for 100k up front. Some people do this in Vegas. For how much and how they run it I do not know. Their called runners. They take a fee or a percentage. Would add to the juice I would think. They do it though. maybe transfers on bank accounts, paypal...probably how they move the money..
    Reply
    I am sure not for 100k up front. Some people do this in Vegas. For how much and how they run it I do not know. Their called runners. They take a fee or a percentage. Would add to the juice I would think. They do it though. maybe transfers on bank accounts, paypal...probably how they move the money..
     
    dapperdon5g
    dapperdon5g
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 115
    Posted: Oct. 20, 2012 - 6:45 PM ET #163

    where is nyslim? is he dead?suicide?
    Reply
    where is nyslim? is he dead?suicide?
     
    Qncyk1
    Qncyk1
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 1239
    Posted: Oct. 20, 2012 - 8:55 PM ET #164

    las vegas is a shithole.

     

    the only reason you would need to live there to gamble is if you are betting 10's of thousand of dollars where you would always be able to find someonew to take your action.

     

    much, much better places to live in the world than a 100 degree dustbowl in the middle of the desert.

    Reply

    las vegas is a shithole.

     

    the only reason you would need to live there to gamble is if you are betting 10's of thousand of dollars where you would always be able to find someonew to take your action.

     

    much, much better places to live in the world than a 100 degree dustbowl in the middle of the desert.

     
    Beergut
    Beergut
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 85
    Posted: Oct. 21, 2012 - 7:29 AM ET #165

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbooze:

    thanks lou, do u know anything about imperial palace or super8 koval there off strip & pretty cheap

    Imperial is right in the middle of the Strip, so decent location. It isn't fancy by any means, so you're getting what you pay for. If you want a cheap Strip location, just stay at Casino Royale.

    Super 8 on Koval does have the advantage of being located right next to Ellis Island Casino & Microbrewery. Ellis Island is still home to the best deal in Vegas, the $6.99 steak dinner. If you want to cut down on your food expenses, eating there several times during the week will do it, so I would recommend staying there. It is a Super 8, though, so you know what you're getting as far as residence.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbooze:

    thanks lou, do u know anything about imperial palace or super8 koval there off strip & pretty cheap

    Imperial is right in the middle of the Strip, so decent location. It isn't fancy by any means, so you're getting what you pay for. If you want a cheap Strip location, just stay at Casino Royale.

    Super 8 on Koval does have the advantage of being located right next to Ellis Island Casino & Microbrewery. Ellis Island is still home to the best deal in Vegas, the $6.99 steak dinner. If you want to cut down on your food expenses, eating there several times during the week will do it, so I would recommend staying there. It is a Super 8, though, so you know what you're getting as far as residence.
     
    SweetLou15
    SweetLou15
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2007
    Posts: 118
    Posted: Oct. 21, 2012 - 6:54 PM ET #166

    Dude you are not gonna get a true Vegas experiece staying off strip at a cheap motel. You can stay ar Harrahs for a pretty decent price and its dead center to all the other great sportsbooks. Its probably only $20/day more than the other places you are talking about but so much nicer and convenient. You will regret staying off strip. Just go on vegas.com for good rates, if you book it last minute you can get some really good deals because they are trying to fill rooms.

    Reply

    Dude you are not gonna get a true Vegas experiece staying off strip at a cheap motel. You can stay ar Harrahs for a pretty decent price and its dead center to all the other great sportsbooks. Its probably only $20/day more than the other places you are talking about but so much nicer and convenient. You will regret staying off strip. Just go on vegas.com for good rates, if you book it last minute you can get some really good deals because they are trying to fill rooms.

     
    newyorkslim
    newyorkslim
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 235
    Posted: Oct. 22, 2012 - 2:23 AM ET #167

    Quote Originally Posted by dapperdon5g:

    where is nyslim? is he dead?suicide?

    Not quite...But thanks for caring. 

    Here's the update as honestly as I can provide. 

    I decided I am going to try to live off 10K per year.

    My monthly Nut is about $1320 per month

    Broken down.
    $130 - condo association
    $80 - car insurance
    $80- TV
    $100 Electric
    $400-F00d
    $435- insurance policy
    $100- Gas (car)

    I Started 10/01 with 10k

    I now have $8500 - due to a 1K bet on a ginger tonight. New rule, never make a large play on a Ginger. (No disrespect) some of my best friends are gingers....

    Back on track tomorrow...Maybe tail MGM...who knows....

    and as far as a dream?....all I know is this...If waking up every day in Williamsville NY is your life, (high property taxes< traffic, shit food, miserable, local type people, shit weather, getting sandbagged by your bookmaker, having your girl balk at a blow-job request, ect ect) Then that's a nightmare my man. 

    Here,= no traffic, good food, cool people, window bets, plenty of women, small property taxes and no snow and a cool condo,....

    to me thats a fucking dream come true......








    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dapperdon5g:

    where is nyslim? is he dead?suicide?

    Not quite...But thanks for caring. 

    Here's the update as honestly as I can provide. 

    I decided I am going to try to live off 10K per year.

    My monthly Nut is about $1320 per month

    Broken down.
    $130 - condo association
    $80 - car insurance
    $80- TV
    $100 Electric
    $400-F00d
    $435- insurance policy
    $100- Gas (car)

    I Started 10/01 with 10k

    I now have $8500 - due to a 1K bet on a ginger tonight. New rule, never make a large play on a Ginger. (No disrespect) some of my best friends are gingers....

    Back on track tomorrow...Maybe tail MGM...who knows....

    and as far as a dream?....all I know is this...If waking up every day in Williamsville NY is your life, (high property taxes< traffic, shit food, miserable, local type people, shit weather, getting sandbagged by your bookmaker, having your girl balk at a blow-job request, ect ect) Then that's a nightmare my man. 

    Here,= no traffic, good food, cool people, window bets, plenty of women, small property taxes and no snow and a cool condo,....

    to me thats a fucking dream come true......








     
    newyorkslim
    newyorkslim
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 235
    Posted: Oct. 22, 2012 - 2:38 AM ET #168

    My daily schedule..

    11am - wake
    11-12 decide what plays to make - which casinos to visit..
    12-3  Make plays - off to gym - 2 hr workout, ending with wet steam.
    4-7 off to casino to for a meal and possible a date..(have about 3 on the line now)
    7-whenever - watch games, drink and fuck....

    I guess I've seen to many people live shit lives and wind up dying anyway. 

    PS - If your living a shit life in a shit place and you think your doing it for the greater good.....well,... I am sure you know different. 

     



    Reply
    My daily schedule..

    11am - wake
    11-12 decide what plays to make - which casinos to visit..
    12-3  Make plays - off to gym - 2 hr workout, ending with wet steam.
    4-7 off to casino to for a meal and possible a date..(have about 3 on the line now)
    7-whenever - watch games, drink and fuck....

    I guess I've seen to many people live shit lives and wind up dying anyway. 

    PS - If your living a shit life in a shit place and you think your doing it for the greater good.....well,... I am sure you know different. 

     



     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Oct. 22, 2012 - 3:58 AM ET #169

    You went from wanting 36K per year to wanting 10K a year?
    You went from a 100k bankroll to 10k this after you posted this below
    Quote Originally Posted by newyorkslim:

    Sorry to disappoint but I am here, alive and well....

    Total = Up about 4k

    Its been pretty  crazy. 

    Doing great picking winners; giving back to much at the tables

    Just bored, looking to meet/talk to people.....

    Came out here to pick winners  and have been doing great with it...

    My nut is about $450 a month....

    Liquid cash = $100k

    If I want to bet 2k on a preseason game,....I probably will....... 


    Tomorrow on Bears, USF




    I think its time to pull the plug and get a job, I dont know too many people who can make it on 10K a year
    Reply
    You went from wanting 36K per year to wanting 10K a year?
    You went from a 100k bankroll to 10k this after you posted this below
    Quote Originally Posted by newyorkslim:

    Sorry to disappoint but I am here, alive and well....

    Total = Up about 4k

    Its been pretty  crazy. 

    Doing great picking winners; giving back to much at the tables

    Just bored, looking to meet/talk to people.....

    Came out here to pick winners  and have been doing great with it...

    My nut is about $450 a month....

    Liquid cash = $100k

    If I want to bet 2k on a preseason game,....I probably will....... 


    Tomorrow on Bears, USF




    I think its time to pull the plug and get a job, I dont know too many people who can make it on 10K a year
     
    HardballHarry
    HardballHarry
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 48
    Posted: Oct. 22, 2012 - 8:19 AM ET #170

    Slim,

    Alot of what you said doesnt add up. Stop kidding yourself. Eating ata casino daily? $1.00 hotdogs? Certainly not restaurants or food courts. That would be over 10k a year itself. Get up at 11 and decide plays by noon? If you really have a car, youll be living in it soon with your attitude and work ethic.
     
    Funny your girl balks at blowjobs and you complain, yet you blow the gaming industry daily and even swallow. You go gagger.
    Reply
    Slim,

    Alot of what you said doesnt add up. Stop kidding yourself. Eating ata casino daily? $1.00 hotdogs? Certainly not restaurants or food courts. That would be over 10k a year itself. Get up at 11 and decide plays by noon? If you really have a car, youll be living in it soon with your attitude and work ethic.
     
    Funny your girl balks at blowjobs and you complain, yet you blow the gaming industry daily and even swallow. You go gagger.
     
    HardballHarry
    HardballHarry
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 48
    Posted: Oct. 22, 2012 - 8:31 AM ET #171

    Also your breakdown didnt even include rent, just the common fees. Thats at least another $8k a year. I think your soon to be homeless.

    Maybe you can move in with promark and play penny slots. Just be a better tipper. You guys can even blow each other to save a few dollars.
    Reply
    Also your breakdown didnt even include rent, just the common fees. Thats at least another $8k a year. I think your soon to be homeless.

    Maybe you can move in with promark and play penny slots. Just be a better tipper. You guys can even blow each other to save a few dollars.
     
    golfkat
    golfkat
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 1654
    Posted: Oct. 22, 2012 - 12:06 PM ET #172

    Forget about the dream.  The dream turns into a nightmare.  I have been living the "dream" for the past fifty years. 

    I am playing 2- 5 no limit at the Mohegan Sun the other day.  The

    bozo makes it 45 to go under the gun.  I have KK and make it

    a hundred more.  The bozo moves all in for about 200 more, I

    call.  The bozo has JJ.  Three blanks then a jack explodes out of the deck.  Bozo wins.  Some dream.

    Reply

    Forget about the dream.  The dream turns into a nightmare.  I have been living the "dream" for the past fifty years. 

    I am playing 2- 5 no limit at the Mohegan Sun the other day.  The

    bozo makes it 45 to go under the gun.  I have KK and make it

    a hundred more.  The bozo moves all in for about 200 more, I

    call.  The bozo has JJ.  Three blanks then a jack explodes out of the deck.  Bozo wins.  Some dream.

     
    newyorkslim
    newyorkslim
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 235
    Posted: Oct. 22, 2012 - 2:35 PM ET #173

    Quote Originally Posted by HardballHarry:

    Also your breakdown didnt even include rent, just the common fees. Thats at least another $8k a year. I think your soon to be homeless.

    Maybe you can move in with promark and play penny slots. Just be a better tipper. You guys can even blow each other to save a few dollars.

    Let me clarify...

    No "rent" was in the breakdown because I own my condo free and clear. 

    I have plenty more then 10k.. I am just seeing if I can stretch 10k for a year. I know that 10k alone will not last a year, I am planning on winning enough to cover the spread.

    I forgot you were the chosen one when it came to sports gambling. 
    I didn't know you know all. Making sweeping generalizations about what will work and what won't work just confirms the tool you are. 

    If I took advise from morons like yourself, I would be hating life like it seems you do....

    where you from harry? 

    How old are you? 

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by HardballHarry:

    Also your breakdown didnt even include rent, just the common fees. Thats at least another $8k a year. I think your soon to be homeless.

    Maybe you can move in with promark and play penny slots. Just be a better tipper. You guys can even blow each other to save a few dollars.

    Let me clarify...

    No "rent" was in the breakdown because I own my condo free and clear. 

    I have plenty more then 10k.. I am just seeing if I can stretch 10k for a year. I know that 10k alone will not last a year, I am planning on winning enough to cover the spread.

    I forgot you were the chosen one when it came to sports gambling. 
    I didn't know you know all. Making sweeping generalizations about what will work and what won't work just confirms the tool you are. 

    If I took advise from morons like yourself, I would be hating life like it seems you do....

    where you from harry? 

    How old are you? 

     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Oct. 22, 2012 - 2:43 PM ET #174

    Newyork- Ginger=Redhead? I use to pay rent by handicapping in Vegas and it was a different time but whenever the first line was hung I wanted to be there. Usually that was Stardust lottery and I was back to bed by 10:30AM. Now I think it's several places doing overnights and that 7PM-whenever is time to setting up tomorrows plays . Forgive me , I never want to tell someone how/what to bet but are you serious?
    Reply
    Newyork- Ginger=Redhead? I use to pay rent by handicapping in Vegas and it was a different time but whenever the first line was hung I wanted to be there. Usually that was Stardust lottery and I was back to bed by 10:30AM. Now I think it's several places doing overnights and that 7PM-whenever is time to setting up tomorrows plays . Forgive me , I never want to tell someone how/what to bet but are you serious?
     
     
    newyorkslim
    newyorkslim
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 235
    Posted: Oct. 22, 2012 - 2:50 PM ET #175

    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    Newyork- Ginger=Redhead? I use to pay rent by handicapping in Vegas and it was a different time but whenever the first line was hung I wanted to be there. Usually that was Stardust lottery and I was back to bed by 10:30AM. Now I think it's several places doing overnights and that 7PM-whenever is time to setting up tomorrows plays . Forgive me , I never want to tell someone how/what to bet but are you serious?

    Not really...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    Newyork- Ginger=Redhead? I use to pay rent by handicapping in Vegas and it was a different time but whenever the first line was hung I wanted to be there. Usually that was Stardust lottery and I was back to bed by 10:30AM. Now I think it's several places doing overnights and that 7PM-whenever is time to setting up tomorrows plays . Forgive me , I never want to tell someone how/what to bet but are you serious?

    Not really...
    All Forums | Las Vegas
    «First Previous 789 ... 181920 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,365
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,989
    • PART DEUX 166
    • Week 6 Money 9,392
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 856
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,795
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 438
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,536
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,277
    • Friday 10/09/2026 365

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.