• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Investments

    1st half 19 thread

    «First Previous 456 ... 567 Next Last»
    bucknuts
    gambleholic63
    SashimiKid
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 4251
    Posts: 166
    «First Previous 456 ... 567 Next Last»
     
    bucknuts
    bucknuts
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 8951
    Posted: May. 7, 2019 - 11:05 PM ET #76

    Today was ugly but my only holding that looked bad was OMER.Disappointed with todays action,I cant see why folks would dump on days like today esp when ER coming and we know they are pretty much guaranteed to beat expected revs.Shorts still nearly 25% of float maybe that helped today,who knows.Exp 24.2 I believe,most of what I read is looking for 10% increase over last qtr which was 22 mill.Last call Dr stated Jan was double low double digit increase in sales % over Dec.We were told Dec run rate was over 100 mill a yr so 8.5 mill(ish).An article from Bloomberg has said Feb sales were up 18% from Jan..I bought $19 May 17th calls,way early I might add so I need the Dr to deliver!!

    I nabbed UWT today for what might be a short lived pop.I waited for a test of 59.70s(61.8 fib line) it never came..I might be early and they may yet test that area if so I will add.Just didnt want to miss out if the low ends up being 60.05 or whatever it was the other day.My chart is pretty crazy looking, broken trendlines,fibs all over but we cant trade these on TA anyway that's just good for seeing the magnetic areas IMO.We can call out prices but who knows when Trump will tweet or a refinery will catch fire etc.Long to 70 a barrel, warmer weather and higher prices on the way 

    All my calls are red except SLV up 21% ish.Think I get 100% here  still before exp date.Just a normal day from here will bring most of those calls back to +$,Dis not far off anyway and  FB inst that far down ..those will be money IMO.


    Reply
    Today was ugly but my only holding that looked bad was OMER.Disappointed with todays action,I cant see why folks would dump on days like today esp when ER coming and we know they are pretty much guaranteed to beat expected revs.Shorts still nearly 25% of float maybe that helped today,who knows.Exp 24.2 I believe,most of what I read is looking for 10% increase over last qtr which was 22 mill.Last call Dr stated Jan was double low double digit increase in sales % over Dec.We were told Dec run rate was over 100 mill a yr so 8.5 mill(ish).An article from Bloomberg has said Feb sales were up 18% from Jan..I bought $19 May 17th calls,way early I might add so I need the Dr to deliver!!

    I nabbed UWT today for what might be a short lived pop.I waited for a test of 59.70s(61.8 fib line) it never came..I might be early and they may yet test that area if so I will add.Just didnt want to miss out if the low ends up being 60.05 or whatever it was the other day.My chart is pretty crazy looking, broken trendlines,fibs all over but we cant trade these on TA anyway that's just good for seeing the magnetic areas IMO.We can call out prices but who knows when Trump will tweet or a refinery will catch fire etc.Long to 70 a barrel, warmer weather and higher prices on the way 

    All my calls are red except SLV up 21% ish.Think I get 100% here  still before exp date.Just a normal day from here will bring most of those calls back to +$,Dis not far off anyway and  FB inst that far down ..those will be money IMO.


     
    bucknuts
    bucknuts
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 8951
    Posted: May. 8, 2019 - 11:18 AM ET #77

    Swinging some calls today..
    KGKG is a rocket..need .154 to double up for me.70k shares in the .07s
    OMER just hold today plz and we toss gas on her tomorrow
    Reply
    Swinging some calls today..
    KGKG is a rocket..need .154 to double up for me.70k shares in the .07s
    OMER just hold today plz and we toss gas on her tomorrow
     
    gambleholic63
    gambleholic63
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 4412
    Posted: May. 8, 2019 - 2:43 PM ET #78

    Yeah.....Tuesday was a bummer. I like Trump but I don't understand why he thinks tarrifs on China are a good thing for us here in the USA. The end result of tarrifs are higher consumer prices and thus, higher inflation. The US consumer ends up paying the tax in the form of higher prices and businesses pay the price in the form of shrinking margins. Let's hope this trade deal gets resolved soon.

    After decades of investing, I get numb to these days of downward volatility. They are inevitable and will happen more and more often with computers having taken over a huge % of the trading activity. Last November was pretty brutal.....losing 28K in one day and another 20K the next will test the soul of any buy and hold investor.....but after surviving 2008-2009 I have learned that patience wins in the end. 

    Buck....check out CVS for a long term hold. Somehow it avoided the meltdown this week and held strong. If they make it though this next earnings cycle without a surprise, there will be no way to go but up from here. The stock is CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP with a forward p/e of 8. CVS could return 20-40% over the next 12 months with a small drawdown risk. 

    This is my favorite play right now with markets near all time highs. The probability that CVS will outperform the overall market is extremely high. 

     

    Gamble for entertainment, invest for wealth!
    Reply

    Yeah.....Tuesday was a bummer. I like Trump but I don't understand why he thinks tarrifs on China are a good thing for us here in the USA. The end result of tarrifs are higher consumer prices and thus, higher inflation. The US consumer ends up paying the tax in the form of higher prices and businesses pay the price in the form of shrinking margins. Let's hope this trade deal gets resolved soon.

    After decades of investing, I get numb to these days of downward volatility. They are inevitable and will happen more and more often with computers having taken over a huge % of the trading activity. Last November was pretty brutal.....losing 28K in one day and another 20K the next will test the soul of any buy and hold investor.....but after surviving 2008-2009 I have learned that patience wins in the end. 

    Buck....check out CVS for a long term hold. Somehow it avoided the meltdown this week and held strong. If they make it though this next earnings cycle without a surprise, there will be no way to go but up from here. The stock is CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP with a forward p/e of 8. CVS could return 20-40% over the next 12 months with a small drawdown risk. 

    This is my favorite play right now with markets near all time highs. The probability that CVS will outperform the overall market is extremely high. 

     

     
    bucknuts
    bucknuts
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 8951
    Posted: May. 8, 2019 - 8:07 PM ET #79

    Will check into it Gamble..take a serious look at KGKG..not saying put ur retirement in there but a few grand.If these kats actually start turning a profit soon this could be a real nice play.
    Sold half my Dis calls when they were up over 33%..left a few to ride into call not sure that was a good idea.
    Hoping Omer builds into close again tomorrow.
    CHK hit lows premarket but I wasnt awake to add so I missed an opportunity there..will just keep position for now.

    Missed Roku today,wife has aunt in hospital and her parents are now here..kinda messed up my day off routine but that was popular call in discord just didnt have a chance follow along.

    SLV call took a hit today still have time we will see
    Reply
    Will check into it Gamble..take a serious look at KGKG..not saying put ur retirement in there but a few grand.If these kats actually start turning a profit soon this could be a real nice play.
    Sold half my Dis calls when they were up over 33%..left a few to ride into call not sure that was a good idea.
    Hoping Omer builds into close again tomorrow.
    CHK hit lows premarket but I wasnt awake to add so I missed an opportunity there..will just keep position for now.

    Missed Roku today,wife has aunt in hospital and her parents are now here..kinda messed up my day off routine but that was popular call in discord just didnt have a chance follow along.

    SLV call took a hit today still have time we will see
     
    gambleholic63
    gambleholic63
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 4412
    Posted: May. 10, 2019 - 12:47 PM ET #80

    Markets getting wrecked all week long and my positions are down 35K yet CVS is still holding above my $54 purchase price. Buck...surely you find this interesting, no? This confirms my thoughts on CVS last week. Markets are down roughly 4% and CVS hasn't dropped. 

    This is not obviously the way I wanted CVS to outperform the markets, but it does give a strong indication that CVS has bottomed out and set for a strong recovery. The 3.75% dividend is really the cherry on top!

    Gamble for entertainment, invest for wealth!
    Reply

    Markets getting wrecked all week long and my positions are down 35K yet CVS is still holding above my $54 purchase price. Buck...surely you find this interesting, no? This confirms my thoughts on CVS last week. Markets are down roughly 4% and CVS hasn't dropped. 

    This is not obviously the way I wanted CVS to outperform the markets, but it does give a strong indication that CVS has bottomed out and set for a strong recovery. The 3.75% dividend is really the cherry on top!

     
    SashimiKid
    SashimiKid
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 2090
    Posted: May. 10, 2019 - 7:44 PM ET #81

    KGKG was dumped today losing about 25% before rebounding nicely

    Unfortunately it  missed my buy order, maybe I will get a shot one of these days..

    VEEV keeps roaring along why didnt I buy  more at 118, I dunno
    Reply
    KGKG was dumped today losing about 25% before rebounding nicely

    Unfortunately it  missed my buy order, maybe I will get a shot one of these days..

    VEEV keeps roaring along why didnt I buy  more at 118, I dunno
     
    gambleholic63
    gambleholic63
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 4412
    Posted: May. 13, 2019 - 2:51 PM ET #82

    Trump may not fully understand that tariffs are INFLATIONARY and result directly in higher consumer prices. This forces consumers to purchase less of the goods that have tariffs imposed on them or fewer of some other product. In the end, a tariff indirectly lowers the ability of the consumer to spend via inflation.

    Regardless of whether Trump understands, the MARKETS definitely understand that tariffs are an indirect tax on the consumer. Yes, tariffs puts more money in the hands of the GOVERNMENT, but we all have seen that the government does not spend money as wisely than the consumer sector. 

    Our markets potentially have a lot of unwinding to do if this trade deal ends up in a full blown trade war. One could argue that a tariff results in the same effect as a drop in GNP and consumer income. Consider me concerned that Trump thinks he can outsmart the laws of economics. 

     

    Gamble for entertainment, invest for wealth!
    Reply

    Trump may not fully understand that tariffs are INFLATIONARY and result directly in higher consumer prices. This forces consumers to purchase less of the goods that have tariffs imposed on them or fewer of some other product. In the end, a tariff indirectly lowers the ability of the consumer to spend via inflation.

    Regardless of whether Trump understands, the MARKETS definitely understand that tariffs are an indirect tax on the consumer. Yes, tariffs puts more money in the hands of the GOVERNMENT, but we all have seen that the government does not spend money as wisely than the consumer sector. 

    Our markets potentially have a lot of unwinding to do if this trade deal ends up in a full blown trade war. One could argue that a tariff results in the same effect as a drop in GNP and consumer income. Consider me concerned that Trump thinks he can outsmart the laws of economics. 

     

     
    SashimiKid
    SashimiKid
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 2090
    Posted: May. 13, 2019 - 6:30 PM ET #83

    How exactly can the Chinese retaliate, they're a exporter not a importer(except oil) and are in a precarious situation with US and EU... they basically shot their wad with latest round of tariffs on US goods and have no bullets left. 

    My thesis is Trump doesnt really want a deal until US supply chains lower their Chinese exposure by at least 50% and this process is happening rapidly...except for Apple which is royally screw-ed...maybe a separate thread would be appropriate for this discussion..

    Do find it funny that people think Trump "doesnt understand" the ramifications of his actions like hes a d---behind...typical media typecast of all Republican prez...


    Reply
    How exactly can the Chinese retaliate, they're a exporter not a importer(except oil) and are in a precarious situation with US and EU... they basically shot their wad with latest round of tariffs on US goods and have no bullets left. 

    My thesis is Trump doesnt really want a deal until US supply chains lower their Chinese exposure by at least 50% and this process is happening rapidly...except for Apple which is royally screw-ed...maybe a separate thread would be appropriate for this discussion..

    Do find it funny that people think Trump "doesnt understand" the ramifications of his actions like hes a d---behind...typical media typecast of all Republican prez...


     
    gambleholic63
    gambleholic63
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 4412
    Posted: May. 13, 2019 - 6:56 PM ET #84

    INTEL exports 25% of their chips to China. The damage is/would not be limited to just Apple. CAT is another that will suffer. The bottom line is that tariffs put more money in the governments hands and less money in the hands of consumers. That is indisputable. 

    I do appreciate your take on this, but I don't believe lowering exposure to Chinese products by 50% is possible. I do believe that Trump is measuring his "Presidential Success" partly on how the markets are performing. So he may be more motivated than you think on making this deal happen. A full blown trade war has the potential to unwind this market back to 52 week lows or even lower. 

    Gamble for entertainment, invest for wealth!
    Reply

    INTEL exports 25% of their chips to China. The damage is/would not be limited to just Apple. CAT is another that will suffer. The bottom line is that tariffs put more money in the governments hands and less money in the hands of consumers. That is indisputable. 

    I do appreciate your take on this, but I don't believe lowering exposure to Chinese products by 50% is possible. I do believe that Trump is measuring his "Presidential Success" partly on how the markets are performing. So he may be more motivated than you think on making this deal happen. A full blown trade war has the potential to unwind this market back to 52 week lows or even lower. 

     
    SashimiKid
    SashimiKid
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 2090
    Posted: May. 13, 2019 - 8:13 PM ET #85

    Not interested in hijacking bucknuts excellent market discussion, if youd like to start a separate thread regarding China I'd enjoy a civil discussion as would others
    Reply
    Not interested in hijacking bucknuts excellent market discussion, if youd like to start a separate thread regarding China I'd enjoy a civil discussion as would others
     
    gambleholic63
    gambleholic63
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 4412
    Posted: May. 13, 2019 - 10:58 PM ET #86

    I'm sure Buck will offer his thought on this subject as it will be the primary factor short term factor in the markets and thus his put/call strategy. 

    Gamble for entertainment, invest for wealth!
    Reply

    I'm sure Buck will offer his thought on this subject as it will be the primary factor short term factor in the markets and thus his put/call strategy. 

     
    bucknuts
    bucknuts
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 8951
    Posted: May. 17, 2019 - 12:52 AM ET #87

    Sorry fellas been a crappy last several days..my wife's favs aunt passed and I'm now down in Nashville on a job.

    I havent done much holding UWT still and I had a nice call on some puts of MCHP right at 100.
    China news out red day tommorow??PUTS on watch boys..SPY could be a  nice dump,AMD too!

    Will check in tomorrow am now that we settled in here 
    Reply
    Sorry fellas been a crappy last several days..my wife's favs aunt passed and I'm now down in Nashville on a job.

    I havent done much holding UWT still and I had a nice call on some puts of MCHP right at 100.
    China news out red day tommorow??PUTS on watch boys..SPY could be a  nice dump,AMD too!

    Will check in tomorrow am now that we settled in here 
     
    gambleholic63
    gambleholic63
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 4412
    Posted: May. 17, 2019 - 11:33 AM ET #88

    Sorry to hear the news Buck....condolences for your family. 

    This is absolutely the strangest market. With the markets opening the week with the VIX over 21, I was braced for another down week expecting this downdraft to continue for a while longer. I suppose this is why the best strategy for me is to buy and hold as timing the markets is just too difficult. If you were buying calls on Monday you are a special breed of stock market guru.

    Instead the VIX is bottoming out below 15 and suddenly everything is turning up roses????

    It seems too easy.

    I'm not totally convinced.... 

    Gamble for entertainment, invest for wealth!
    Reply

    Sorry to hear the news Buck....condolences for your family. 

    This is absolutely the strangest market. With the markets opening the week with the VIX over 21, I was braced for another down week expecting this downdraft to continue for a while longer. I suppose this is why the best strategy for me is to buy and hold as timing the markets is just too difficult. If you were buying calls on Monday you are a special breed of stock market guru.

    Instead the VIX is bottoming out below 15 and suddenly everything is turning up roses????

    It seems too easy.

    I'm not totally convinced.... 

     
    bucknuts
    bucknuts
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 8951
    Posted: May. 17, 2019 - 11:47 AM ET #89

    I went the wrong way this am..watched a guy make 300% twice on SPY and QQQ calls before 10 am.
    Kinda ticked off I had a buy for KGKG again at .1154 yesterday and it didnt fill,back above .135 now darn it and my platform shows .115 low around 1ish.
    Cut loose my UWT just under 21,its gotta pullback now IMO,switching to DWT hopped in at 5.55 even if I'm wrong it wont push much further before I can get out even

    Taking a beating in CHK but I will  just keep adding think I  come out on top there eventually.
    Please keep discussion going,I like to hear as many opinions as possible!!
    I still try to avoid most of the noise and trade the chart for the most part..I will try to trade some headlines but it usually bites me in the a55 like this morning lol

    Reply
    I went the wrong way this am..watched a guy make 300% twice on SPY and QQQ calls before 10 am.
    Kinda ticked off I had a buy for KGKG again at .1154 yesterday and it didnt fill,back above .135 now darn it and my platform shows .115 low around 1ish.
    Cut loose my UWT just under 21,its gotta pullback now IMO,switching to DWT hopped in at 5.55 even if I'm wrong it wont push much further before I can get out even

    Taking a beating in CHK but I will  just keep adding think I  come out on top there eventually.
    Please keep discussion going,I like to hear as many opinions as possible!!
    I still try to avoid most of the noise and trade the chart for the most part..I will try to trade some headlines but it usually bites me in the a55 like this morning lol

     
    bucknuts
    bucknuts
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 8951
    Posted: May. 17, 2019 - 11:50 AM ET #90

    USAT is my fav trade right now been buying early and dumping it back before I crash not making millions but it's been free money and one heck of a trade for me last few months..7s incoming IMO
    Also back on bid for KGKG again mid 11s
    Reply
    USAT is my fav trade right now been buying early and dumping it back before I crash not making millions but it's been free money and one heck of a trade for me last few months..7s incoming IMO
    Also back on bid for KGKG again mid 11s
     
    bucknuts
    bucknuts
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 8951
    Posted: May. 17, 2019 - 11:54 AM ET #91

    I'm holding AMD $28 puts 5/24 paid .65 into next week..also went in on SLV again.Got 13.50 calls this time 5/24 paid .12
    Reply
    I'm holding AMD $28 puts 5/24 paid .65 into next week..also went in on SLV again.Got 13.50 calls this time 5/24 paid .12
     
    bucknuts
    bucknuts
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 8951
    Posted: May. 17, 2019 - 11:58 AM ET #92

    Eyeballing USO $13 5/24 puts too currently .13 might move on these before I go to sleep and ride into next week
    Reply
    Eyeballing USO $13 5/24 puts too currently .13 might move on these before I go to sleep and ride into next week
     
    SashimiKid
    SashimiKid
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 2090
    Posted: May. 17, 2019 - 5:02 PM ET #93

    Love the AMD put! Chips getting hit hard and expect that to continue for a bit....although I own AMD at 26.8 dont mind you scoring a few bucks at my expense
    Reply
    Love the AMD put! Chips getting hit hard and expect that to continue for a bit....although I own AMD at 26.8 dont mind you scoring a few bucks at my expense
     
    SashimiKid
    SashimiKid
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 2090
    Posted: May. 17, 2019 - 5:05 PM ET #94

    Nibbled at TW around 44, really like this tiny company to do big things next few years,,, buy order on YETI at 22.5 she needs to come to papa...sold IWM earlier this week realizing a 3.5% gain, finally realized it's going nowhere for a while compared to spy/qqq..
    Reply
    Nibbled at TW around 44, really like this tiny company to do big things next few years,,, buy order on YETI at 22.5 she needs to come to papa...sold IWM earlier this week realizing a 3.5% gain, finally realized it's going nowhere for a while compared to spy/qqq..
     
    bucknuts
    bucknuts
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 8951
    Posted: May. 18, 2019 - 1:14 AM ET #95

    I watch a few guys trade Yeti and Roku..one guy is all over Roku a few times a week and his calls have been .
    Wanna see crude test mid/low 61s and I might jump back on..not holding Dwt long.Draws will start showing on reports soon IMO dont want to be on the wrong side.

    Shouldve taken Kroger puts a few days ago on the spike near 26,the chart just looks bad and it needs to find solid support again IMO.
    When it looks good I will def buy some calls..nailed this one up and down with options last few months smallest gain was 77%.

    AMD chart just looks toppy to me if ur avg is 26.80 I would take those profits as I think we could see 25 maybe next week.. esp if market red on this trade deal crap.

    Gamble I was looking at CVS calls today will be buying some next week will update upon entry


    Reply
    I watch a few guys trade Yeti and Roku..one guy is all over Roku a few times a week and his calls have been .
    Wanna see crude test mid/low 61s and I might jump back on..not holding Dwt long.Draws will start showing on reports soon IMO dont want to be on the wrong side.

    Shouldve taken Kroger puts a few days ago on the spike near 26,the chart just looks bad and it needs to find solid support again IMO.
    When it looks good I will def buy some calls..nailed this one up and down with options last few months smallest gain was 77%.

    AMD chart just looks toppy to me if ur avg is 26.80 I would take those profits as I think we could see 25 maybe next week.. esp if market red on this trade deal crap.

    Gamble I was looking at CVS calls today will be buying some next week will update upon entry


     
    bucknuts
    bucknuts
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 8951
    Posted: May. 19, 2019 - 8:36 AM ET #96

    KGKG had news out Fri...leasing a bigger warehouse and paying for it with saving on shipping!Sales numbers for April also released and were 180k while qtr 2 was originally projected to be around 400k total.Gotta get back in here and hold some this time.
    Reply
    KGKG had news out Fri...leasing a bigger warehouse and paying for it with saving on shipping!Sales numbers for April also released and were 180k while qtr 2 was originally projected to be around 400k total.Gotta get back in here and hold some this time.
     
    bucknuts
    bucknuts
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 8951
    Posted: May. 20, 2019 - 12:59 AM ET #97

    Oil gap up tonight will see where she opens..no problem adding DWT will cut the USO puts loose prob 
    KGKG on watch for entry again and USAT in and out hopefully for a few % may cover USO loss
    Reply
    Oil gap up tonight will see where she opens..no problem adding DWT will cut the USO puts loose prob 
    KGKG on watch for entry again and USAT in and out hopefully for a few % may cover USO loss
     
    bucknuts
    bucknuts
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 8951
    Posted: May. 20, 2019 - 10:50 AM ET #98

    Locked in some AMD profit sold half at +114%
    Reply
    Locked in some AMD profit sold half at +114%
     
    SashimiKid
    SashimiKid
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 2090
    Posted: May. 20, 2019 - 5:37 PM ET #99

    KGKG refuses to come into my strike zone, yes I'm looking for a bargain but is .09000 to much to ask for?
    Reply
    KGKG refuses to come into my strike zone, yes I'm looking for a bargain but is .09000 to much to ask for?
     
     
    SashimiKid
    SashimiKid
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 2090
    Posted: May. 20, 2019 - 5:39 PM ET #100

    KGKG refuses to come into my strike zone, yes I'm looking for a bargain but is .09000 to much to ask for?

    Congrats on the AMD puts, going to stick with the position for a while so hopefully you get on the call side on of these days. 
    Reply
    KGKG refuses to come into my strike zone, yes I'm looking for a bargain but is .09000 to much to ask for?

    Congrats on the AMD puts, going to stick with the position for a while so hopefully you get on the call side on of these days. 
    All Forums | Investments
    «First Previous 456 ... 567 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,670
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,238
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,035
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,386
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,409
    • MLB Playoffs 5,223
    • Saturday 10/03/2026 690
    • **$$$ MD Saturday 10/3 $$$** 7,249
    • **$$$ MD Friday 10/2 $$$** 10,289
    • Play Thur thru Sat 5,008

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.