• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    My friend said last night that there are some people that believe they don't want to find a cure for cancer.

    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»
    Mad_Skillz123
    kaponofor3
    wmi799
    speak2truth
    Spitfire15
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 4496
    Posts: 113
    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»
     
    Mad_Skillz123
    Mad_Skillz123
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 14143
    Posted: Feb. 11, 2013 - 6:24 PM ET #76

    pharmaceutical mafia is the strongest of them all. There is a cure. They dont want it. Cure = loss of profit. Simple as that.

    Thats how sick this world is.


    i dont want to live on this planet any more
    Reply
    pharmaceutical mafia is the strongest of them all. There is a cure. They dont want it. Cure = loss of profit. Simple as that.

    Thats how sick this world is.


    i dont want to live on this planet any more
     
    kaponofor3
    kaponofor3
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 35430
    Posted: Feb. 11, 2013 - 7:24 PM ET #77

    Quote Originally Posted by Weekends:

    This thread is all over the place.

    I'm not sure I follow the argument. Surgery can provide a cure for early stage, localized cancer and there are constant advancements in surgical techniques (incorporating lasers, cameras, etc.). There are also constant improvements in early detection methods and imaging technology which leads to reduced usage of chemotherapy. Nobody's standing in the way of preventing advanced cancer.

    I think there's also a misconception about how medical research is carried out. The real work is done in universities by people who couldn't care less about drug companies and have dedicated their lives to making significant scientific findings. The results are published in journals which are peer reviewed by other scientists who also couldn't care less about drug companies and well before any drug companies could have any influence.

    That said, if a promising drug is too simple/inexpensive, it might be hard to find a private investor (i.e. a drug company) to finance the necessary clinical trials. But in the internet age people would definitely know that it exists and it would eventually get pushed ahead one way or another.





    This guy knows what he is talking about
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Weekends:

    This thread is all over the place.

    I'm not sure I follow the argument. Surgery can provide a cure for early stage, localized cancer and there are constant advancements in surgical techniques (incorporating lasers, cameras, etc.). There are also constant improvements in early detection methods and imaging technology which leads to reduced usage of chemotherapy. Nobody's standing in the way of preventing advanced cancer.

    I think there's also a misconception about how medical research is carried out. The real work is done in universities by people who couldn't care less about drug companies and have dedicated their lives to making significant scientific findings. The results are published in journals which are peer reviewed by other scientists who also couldn't care less about drug companies and well before any drug companies could have any influence.

    That said, if a promising drug is too simple/inexpensive, it might be hard to find a private investor (i.e. a drug company) to finance the necessary clinical trials. But in the internet age people would definitely know that it exists and it would eventually get pushed ahead one way or another.





    This guy knows what he is talking about
     
    wmi799
    wmi799
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2010
    Posts: 33652
    Posted: Feb. 11, 2013 - 8:10 PM ET #78

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCash:

    VMI... you're a funny character. I like your argument in your previous post. How did it go? Something like "you don't have a clue"...

    Keep bringing the great points and intellect to the table. You bring a lot of substance to the debate and seem to be very well read.

    It's "Wmi" Einstein.

    Histrionic personality disorder. It's sad
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCash:

    VMI... you're a funny character. I like your argument in your previous post. How did it go? Something like "you don't have a clue"...

    Keep bringing the great points and intellect to the table. You bring a lot of substance to the debate and seem to be very well read.

    It's "Wmi" Einstein.

     
    speak2truth
    speak2truth
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 2008
    Posted: Feb. 11, 2013 - 8:28 PM ET #79

    Most of you are dupes of the industrial-pharmo complex.

    Reply

    Most of you are dupes of the industrial-pharmo complex.

     
    Spitfire15
    Spitfire15
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 13407
    Posted: Feb. 11, 2013 - 8:36 PM ET #80

    Quote Originally Posted by kaponofor3:



    Ever hear of an influenza vaccine?


    This brings up a good point - the best cure for anything will always be prevention.  Eat well, exercise and don't smoke = the preventative cure for cancer.

    Really, are we doing enough research on what causes cancer?  Does anyone know how cancer rates now compare to 50 years ago?  Would be pretty stunning if while learning about extremely toxic carcinogens like asbestos our cancer rates actually got worse... ok I'll google it.

    Found this site: https://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/uscs/ which looks great, CDC registry for cancer -- but it only started in 1999.  Rates are going down extremely significantly though in only 13 years, so we must be getting better at treating it.  Anticlimactic ending.... see ya
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by kaponofor3:



    Ever hear of an influenza vaccine?


    This brings up a good point - the best cure for anything will always be prevention.  Eat well, exercise and don't smoke = the preventative cure for cancer.

    Really, are we doing enough research on what causes cancer?  Does anyone know how cancer rates now compare to 50 years ago?  Would be pretty stunning if while learning about extremely toxic carcinogens like asbestos our cancer rates actually got worse... ok I'll google it.

    Found this site: https://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/uscs/ which looks great, CDC registry for cancer -- but it only started in 1999.  Rates are going down extremely significantly though in only 13 years, so we must be getting better at treating it.  Anticlimactic ending.... see ya
     
    Spitfire15
    Spitfire15
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 13407
    Posted: Feb. 11, 2013 - 8:46 PM ET #81

    Quote Originally Posted by Weekends:

    This thread is all over the place.

    I'm not sure I follow the argument. Surgery can provide a cure for early stage, localized cancer and there are constant advancements in surgical techniques (incorporating lasers, cameras, etc.). There are also constant improvements in early detection methods and imaging technology which leads to reduced usage of chemotherapy. Nobody's standing in the way of preventing advanced cancer.

    I think there's also a misconception about how medical research is carried out. The real work is done in universities by people who couldn't care less about drug companies and have dedicated their lives to making significant scientific findings. The results are published in journals which are peer reviewed by other scientists who also couldn't care less about drug companies and well before any drug companies could have any influence.

    That said, if a promising drug is too simple/inexpensive, it might be hard to find a private investor (i.e. a drug company) to finance the necessary clinical trials. But in the internet age people would definitely know that it exists and it would eventually get pushed ahead one way or another.



    That sounds pretty legit to me.

    Another good thread might be why cigarettes are legal, but I suppose if you can make $ off of the cigarettes and then make $ off of the cancer you win twice.  Like when kickin' wing sells a firecracker to a kid who shoves it up a bullfrog's behind and blows it to pieces and then takes it to Dr. kickin' wing at the vet, you win twice brother!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Weekends:

    This thread is all over the place.

    I'm not sure I follow the argument. Surgery can provide a cure for early stage, localized cancer and there are constant advancements in surgical techniques (incorporating lasers, cameras, etc.). There are also constant improvements in early detection methods and imaging technology which leads to reduced usage of chemotherapy. Nobody's standing in the way of preventing advanced cancer.

    I think there's also a misconception about how medical research is carried out. The real work is done in universities by people who couldn't care less about drug companies and have dedicated their lives to making significant scientific findings. The results are published in journals which are peer reviewed by other scientists who also couldn't care less about drug companies and well before any drug companies could have any influence.

    That said, if a promising drug is too simple/inexpensive, it might be hard to find a private investor (i.e. a drug company) to finance the necessary clinical trials. But in the internet age people would definitely know that it exists and it would eventually get pushed ahead one way or another.



    That sounds pretty legit to me.

    Another good thread might be why cigarettes are legal, but I suppose if you can make $ off of the cigarettes and then make $ off of the cancer you win twice.  Like when kickin' wing sells a firecracker to a kid who shoves it up a bullfrog's behind and blows it to pieces and then takes it to Dr. kickin' wing at the vet, you win twice brother!
     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Feb. 11, 2013 - 10:03 PM ET #82

    Quote Originally Posted by kaponofor3:





    This guy knows what he is talking about

         He brings many good points for sure.  One thing I wanted to comment on is that he comments on "detection methods and imaging technology which leads to reduced usage of chemotherapy". 

         Regarding that, many don't know that mammography for breast cancer can actually CAUSE cancer.  It's true.  The safer alternative is thermographic breast screening and it works by measuring the radiation of infrared heat from your body and translating this information into anatomical images.  It uses no mechanical pressure or ionizing radiation--the two factors that can contribute to the creation of breast cancer.  I've shared this info with many of my female friends.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by kaponofor3:





    This guy knows what he is talking about

         He brings many good points for sure.  One thing I wanted to comment on is that he comments on "detection methods and imaging technology which leads to reduced usage of chemotherapy". 

         Regarding that, many don't know that mammography for breast cancer can actually CAUSE cancer.  It's true.  The safer alternative is thermographic breast screening and it works by measuring the radiation of infrared heat from your body and translating this information into anatomical images.  It uses no mechanical pressure or ionizing radiation--the two factors that can contribute to the creation of breast cancer.  I've shared this info with many of my female friends.

     
    Randisist
    Randisist
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 3158
    Posted: Feb. 11, 2013 - 10:41 PM ET #83

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Skillz123:

    pharmaceutical mafia is the strongest of them all. There is a cure. They dont want it. Cure = loss of profit. Simple as that.

    Thats how sick this world is.


    i dont want to live on this planet any more


    Actually you don't have to live on this planet if you don't want to. Some of us are stuck here for by virtue of previous deeds elsewhere.

    All you have to do is go over to YouTube.com (the place where ALL videos are Absolute and Indisputable Fact) and search for the ones posted by people who are in contact with aliens from all over the universe. Contact one of them and have them put you in contact with an alien species that is: 1. to your liking and 2. is accepting human migration.

    Next month this time you can be enjoying life on any number of planets.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Skillz123:

    pharmaceutical mafia is the strongest of them all. There is a cure. They dont want it. Cure = loss of profit. Simple as that.

    Thats how sick this world is.


    i dont want to live on this planet any more


    Actually you don't have to live on this planet if you don't want to. Some of us are stuck here for by virtue of previous deeds elsewhere.

    All you have to do is go over to YouTube.com (the place where ALL videos are Absolute and Indisputable Fact) and search for the ones posted by people who are in contact with aliens from all over the universe. Contact one of them and have them put you in contact with an alien species that is: 1. to your liking and 2. is accepting human migration.

    Next month this time you can be enjoying life on any number of planets.


     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Feb. 11, 2013 - 10:42 PM ET #84

         Spitfire... thanks for the link.  However, we are most certainly not getting better at treating cancer.  The American Cancer Society was founded in 1913 (I mistakenly said 1944 earlier).  Since then, a cancer patient has the same chance of dying today that he did in 1913.  In other words, we have made NO progress. 
     
         Many now say that 1 in 3 men either have cancer or will get cancer sometime in their lives.  For women it's 1 in 4.  Cancer rates are rising, and so profits will rise.  Chemo can cost a patient up to $30,000 for eight weeks of treatment. 
        
         The cigarette comment you made is interesting.  I never thought of that.  We have a tobacco industry that kills millions and makes billions off of it, and then the victims are sent to doctors who administer chemo and radiation.  Then they spend anywhere from 5 to 30 thousand dollars on that, and die anyways.  Wow.
     
     
    Reply
         Spitfire... thanks for the link.  However, we are most certainly not getting better at treating cancer.  The American Cancer Society was founded in 1913 (I mistakenly said 1944 earlier).  Since then, a cancer patient has the same chance of dying today that he did in 1913.  In other words, we have made NO progress. 
     
         Many now say that 1 in 3 men either have cancer or will get cancer sometime in their lives.  For women it's 1 in 4.  Cancer rates are rising, and so profits will rise.  Chemo can cost a patient up to $30,000 for eight weeks of treatment. 
        
         The cigarette comment you made is interesting.  I never thought of that.  We have a tobacco industry that kills millions and makes billions off of it, and then the victims are sent to doctors who administer chemo and radiation.  Then they spend anywhere from 5 to 30 thousand dollars on that, and die anyways.  Wow.
     
     
     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Feb. 11, 2013 - 10:56 PM ET #85

    Quote Originally Posted by Weekends:

    This thread is all over the place.

    I'm not sure I follow the argument. Surgery can provide a cure for early stage, localized cancer and there are constant advancements in surgical techniques (incorporating lasers, cameras, etc.). There are also constant improvements in early detection methods and imaging technology which leads to reduced usage of chemotherapy. Nobody's standing in the way of preventing advanced cancer.

    I think there's also a misconception about how medical research is carried out. The real work is done in universities by people who couldn't care less about drug companies and have dedicated their lives to making significant scientific findings. The results are published in journals which are peer reviewed by other scientists who also couldn't care less about drug companies and well before any drug companies could have any influence.

    That said, if a promising drug is too simple/inexpensive, it might be hard to find a private investor (i.e. a drug company) to finance the necessary clinical trials. But in the internet age people would definitely know that it exists and it would eventually get pushed ahead one way or another.

    I do have to disagree with the last and final sentence there.  There are many things on the internet that people don't know about because the majority of the population is too busy watching American Idol.  Ask your friends and relatives if they've heard of Dr. Burzynski.  All he's done is develop a natural medicine, with no side effects, that has a 25% success rate on people with inoperable brain tumors.  These are people that were told that death was inevitable and that there's nothing more that can be done. 

    I just don't think it would ever see the light of day but that's JMO.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Weekends:

    This thread is all over the place.

    I'm not sure I follow the argument. Surgery can provide a cure for early stage, localized cancer and there are constant advancements in surgical techniques (incorporating lasers, cameras, etc.). There are also constant improvements in early detection methods and imaging technology which leads to reduced usage of chemotherapy. Nobody's standing in the way of preventing advanced cancer.

    I think there's also a misconception about how medical research is carried out. The real work is done in universities by people who couldn't care less about drug companies and have dedicated their lives to making significant scientific findings. The results are published in journals which are peer reviewed by other scientists who also couldn't care less about drug companies and well before any drug companies could have any influence.

    That said, if a promising drug is too simple/inexpensive, it might be hard to find a private investor (i.e. a drug company) to finance the necessary clinical trials. But in the internet age people would definitely know that it exists and it would eventually get pushed ahead one way or another.

    I do have to disagree with the last and final sentence there.  There are many things on the internet that people don't know about because the majority of the population is too busy watching American Idol.  Ask your friends and relatives if they've heard of Dr. Burzynski.  All he's done is develop a natural medicine, with no side effects, that has a 25% success rate on people with inoperable brain tumors.  These are people that were told that death was inevitable and that there's nothing more that can be done. 

    I just don't think it would ever see the light of day but that's JMO.

     
    Weekends
    Weekends
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 1548
    Posted: Feb. 11, 2013 - 11:54 PM ET #86

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCash:

    I do have to disagree with the last and final sentence there.  There are many things on the internet that people don't know about because the majority of the population is too busy watching American Idol.  Ask your friends and relatives if they've heard of Dr. Burzynski.  All he's done is develop a natural medicine, with no side effects, that has a 25% success rate on people with inoperable brain tumors.  These are people that were told that death was inevitable and that there's nothing more that can be done. 

    I just don't think it would ever see the light of day but that's JMO.


    I have no idea if Burzynski's methods work or not. The problem is that outside of anecdotal stories, nobody else does either. This is because he's never submitted any of his research to high impact journals so that it can be peer reviewed by other experts in his field (which is what any respectable scientist does).

    At best, he's performing clinical trials using an unproven drug, which may or may not work, and charging people outrages prices for it. Some really sketchy stuff.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCash:

    I do have to disagree with the last and final sentence there.  There are many things on the internet that people don't know about because the majority of the population is too busy watching American Idol.  Ask your friends and relatives if they've heard of Dr. Burzynski.  All he's done is develop a natural medicine, with no side effects, that has a 25% success rate on people with inoperable brain tumors.  These are people that were told that death was inevitable and that there's nothing more that can be done. 

    I just don't think it would ever see the light of day but that's JMO.


    I have no idea if Burzynski's methods work or not. The problem is that outside of anecdotal stories, nobody else does either. This is because he's never submitted any of his research to high impact journals so that it can be peer reviewed by other experts in his field (which is what any respectable scientist does).

    At best, he's performing clinical trials using an unproven drug, which may or may not work, and charging people outrages prices for it. Some really sketchy stuff.
     
    Weekends
    Weekends
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 1548
    Posted: Feb. 12, 2013 - 12:00 AM ET #87

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCash:

         Spitfire... thanks for the link.  However, we are most certainly not getting better at treating cancer.  The American Cancer Society was founded in 1913 (I mistakenly said 1944 earlier).  Since then, a cancer patient has the same chance of dying today that he did in 1913.  In other words, we have made NO progress. 
     
         

    I'm not sure what this means. Cancer survival rates have improved dramatically over the past decade let alone the past century. 

    30 years ago, the average person diagnosed with colon cancer (all stages), lived for less than year. Today the average is over a decade. There are lots of people who have early stage cancer treated (usually with a combination of surgery and drugs), live many healthy years, and eventually die of something completely unrelated. In 1910 they would have been gone within a year.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCash:

         Spitfire... thanks for the link.  However, we are most certainly not getting better at treating cancer.  The American Cancer Society was founded in 1913 (I mistakenly said 1944 earlier).  Since then, a cancer patient has the same chance of dying today that he did in 1913.  In other words, we have made NO progress. 
     
         

    I'm not sure what this means. Cancer survival rates have improved dramatically over the past decade let alone the past century. 

    30 years ago, the average person diagnosed with colon cancer (all stages), lived for less than year. Today the average is over a decade. There are lots of people who have early stage cancer treated (usually with a combination of surgery and drugs), live many healthy years, and eventually die of something completely unrelated. In 1910 they would have been gone within a year.

     
    cd329
    cd329
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2004
    Posts: 23745
    Posted: Feb. 12, 2013 - 1:46 AM ET #88

    first off weekends, you left out one major factor about universities and them doing the research.

    WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK FUNDS THOSE UNIVERSITIES TO DO THE RESEARCH?  YEAH THATS RIGHT THE DRUG COMPANIES OR GOVT, WHO IS IN BED WITH THE DRUG COMPANIES.

    My God i cant believe how brain washed and naive some people are, thinking the govt and drug companies are out there trying to help us

    There is way to much to lose, then their is to gain by curing cancer.  And like i already said, if people arent dying of cancer and now all living longer, it would destroy countries economies big time. If you think govts arent running numbers on what it would cost having all these people cured of cancer and living longer, you really must be living in some fairy tale world, cause its clear you dont understand the world operates on greed, money and corruption.

    2 ways to control populations, Wars and Diseases. The populations would explode if we start curing diseases, that help to tame down the population somewhat.  If everybody starts living to 100 because we cure everything, the world will be screwed.

    Reply

    first off weekends, you left out one major factor about universities and them doing the research.

    WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK FUNDS THOSE UNIVERSITIES TO DO THE RESEARCH?  YEAH THATS RIGHT THE DRUG COMPANIES OR GOVT, WHO IS IN BED WITH THE DRUG COMPANIES.

    My God i cant believe how brain washed and naive some people are, thinking the govt and drug companies are out there trying to help us

    There is way to much to lose, then their is to gain by curing cancer.  And like i already said, if people arent dying of cancer and now all living longer, it would destroy countries economies big time. If you think govts arent running numbers on what it would cost having all these people cured of cancer and living longer, you really must be living in some fairy tale world, cause its clear you dont understand the world operates on greed, money and corruption.

    2 ways to control populations, Wars and Diseases. The populations would explode if we start curing diseases, that help to tame down the population somewhat.  If everybody starts living to 100 because we cure everything, the world will be screwed.

     
    cd329
    cd329
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2004
    Posts: 23745
    Posted: Feb. 12, 2013 - 1:55 AM ET #89

    Quote Originally Posted by Weekends:


    I'm not sure what this means. Cancer survival rates have improved dramatically over the past decade let alone the past century. 

    30 years ago, the average person diagnosed with colon cancer (all stages), lived for less than year. Today the average is over a decade. There are lots of people who have early stage cancer treated (usually with a combination of surgery and drugs), live many healthy years, and eventually die of something completely unrelated. In 1910 they would have been gone within a year.

    Please get real.  Npobody said that drug companies werent working on better meds, because of course they are.  They are working on new meds everyday, that will treat cancer, not cure. There is no money in curing cancer, wake up and follow the money trail.  When another giant disease like cancer comes around, that the drug companies can then fleece people with treating them for it, then cancer will be cured.

    And the majority of people who get cancer and get treated for, almost always die because of cancer later on. So your theroy that they did of something else is really far fetched.

    I have had so many family and friends die of all differnt type of cancers and with everyone it was the same story.  Surgery, chemo, radiation and then die at some point, some just longer then others.  Same game is being played out in peoples families everyday, everywhere by the money grabbing leeches.

    Really stop being so naive about how the world operates.  I would love for it to work the way you think it works, but the sad truth it doesnt, because humans are not a good species

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Weekends:


    I'm not sure what this means. Cancer survival rates have improved dramatically over the past decade let alone the past century. 

    30 years ago, the average person diagnosed with colon cancer (all stages), lived for less than year. Today the average is over a decade. There are lots of people who have early stage cancer treated (usually with a combination of surgery and drugs), live many healthy years, and eventually die of something completely unrelated. In 1910 they would have been gone within a year.

    Please get real.  Npobody said that drug companies werent working on better meds, because of course they are.  They are working on new meds everyday, that will treat cancer, not cure. There is no money in curing cancer, wake up and follow the money trail.  When another giant disease like cancer comes around, that the drug companies can then fleece people with treating them for it, then cancer will be cured.

    And the majority of people who get cancer and get treated for, almost always die because of cancer later on. So your theroy that they did of something else is really far fetched.

    I have had so many family and friends die of all differnt type of cancers and with everyone it was the same story.  Surgery, chemo, radiation and then die at some point, some just longer then others.  Same game is being played out in peoples families everyday, everywhere by the money grabbing leeches.

    Really stop being so naive about how the world operates.  I would love for it to work the way you think it works, but the sad truth it doesnt, because humans are not a good species

     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Feb. 12, 2013 - 10:54 AM ET #90

    Weekends... I fully understand your skepticism, however, they are not anecdotal stories. It's a lot more than that. The Youtube documentary below can be purchased to donate. He has a 46,000 square foot state of the art facility in Houston where he makes his medicine with the help of his staff. There's nothing "sketchy" about it. You can also visit his website (www.burzynskiclinic.com). I know the documentary is quite long, but instead of watching a movie sometime, watch that. Your jaw will drop.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrJ1B46q7PE

    Peace (handshake)
    Reply
    Weekends... I fully understand your skepticism, however, they are not anecdotal stories. It's a lot more than that. The Youtube documentary below can be purchased to donate. He has a 46,000 square foot state of the art facility in Houston where he makes his medicine with the help of his staff. There's nothing "sketchy" about it. You can also visit his website (www.burzynskiclinic.com). I know the documentary is quite long, but instead of watching a movie sometime, watch that. Your jaw will drop.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrJ1B46q7PE

    Peace (handshake)
     
    thegreat30
    thegreat30
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 186
    Posted: Feb. 12, 2013 - 12:35 PM ET #91

    There is already a vaccine for cervical cancer. If they can find a vaccine that is successful for one type they have to be close or already have better tools than they are letting on.
    Reply
    There is already a vaccine for cervical cancer. If they can find a vaccine that is successful for one type they have to be close or already have better tools than they are letting on.
     
    Weekends
    Weekends
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 1548
    Posted: Feb. 12, 2013 - 1:30 PM ET #92

    SteelCash, I appreciate that you're being rational. 

    I'm familiar with Burzynski, and I've seen a large chunk of his movie. I have a parent who's stage IV, so I'm always open to potential new methods of treatment, but I like for it to have some scientific backing and critical review. As an example, after reading this paper (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0378874110006434), I think that it wouldn't be such a bad idea for anybody with cancer to drink a cup of dandelion root tea every day.

    Burzynski's work just doesn't hold up to scrutiny. I recommend reading through the following link:
    https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/stanislaw-burzynski-bad-medicine-a-bad-movie/

    For the record, I'm not a fan of chemotherapy and I'm well aware that money heavily influences health and funding decisions. I think that you can make a case that financial considerations and corporate influences make it more difficult to discover a cure, but nobody's going to be able to prevent an established, proven cure from being implemented.
    Reply
    SteelCash, I appreciate that you're being rational. 

    I'm familiar with Burzynski, and I've seen a large chunk of his movie. I have a parent who's stage IV, so I'm always open to potential new methods of treatment, but I like for it to have some scientific backing and critical review. As an example, after reading this paper (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0378874110006434), I think that it wouldn't be such a bad idea for anybody with cancer to drink a cup of dandelion root tea every day.

    Burzynski's work just doesn't hold up to scrutiny. I recommend reading through the following link:
    https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/stanislaw-burzynski-bad-medicine-a-bad-movie/

    For the record, I'm not a fan of chemotherapy and I'm well aware that money heavily influences health and funding decisions. I think that you can make a case that financial considerations and corporate influences make it more difficult to discover a cure, but nobody's going to be able to prevent an established, proven cure from being implemented.
     
    speak2truth
    speak2truth
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 2008
    Posted: Feb. 12, 2013 - 1:40 PM ET #93

    NO one got cancer 10,000 years ago.
    Reply
    NO one got cancer 10,000 years ago.
     
    jfio626
    jfio626
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 3971
    Posted: Feb. 12, 2013 - 1:48 PM ET #94

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCash:

    Jfio... so you're a pharmacist. Do you think I'm out of line in saying that Big Pharma would never let it happen? Do you think we'll ever see a cure? One more if you don't mind. What is your opinion of the American Cancer Society?

    Thank you in advance. (handshake)


    First off, I think this is a very interesting thread, and I appreciate the fact that you've taken the time to actually research this stuff as opposed to just spouting off conspiracy theories with no substance.

    I don't think you're out of line at all by suggesting Big Pharma would not let it happen.  Whether or not they are able to do that is another story.  Financially speaking, they have every incentive in the world to not want a "cure" for cancer to ever see the light of day. And these massive pharmaceutical companies definitely have the every monetary advantage when it comes to shutting down a Burzynski or smaller biotech company that might come up with a plausible solution.

    Overall, however, I just don't think this is the case for every company.  For one of my rotations in pharmacy school, I spent a month at one of the largest investigational drug programs in the country, where I actually sat in on meetings regarding new or ongoing studies, a majority of which pertained to oncology therapy. The mechanisms by which these drugs work (and I'll spare you the details due to complexity and boredom for those that don't care) are incredible, and if proven to work, would actually "cure" cancer, in the sense that further treatments would not be necessary. These studies are across-the-board sponsored AND funded by major drug companies.

    And this doesn't even scratch the surface to what Weekends suggested in his first post regarding individual researchers at these universities.  These doctors/scientists have no connections to the deep pockets of Big Pharma, so what incentive would they have to hide a cure for cancer should they stumble across it? As he suggested, these studies are published by any number of medical journals and then peer-reviewed by colleagues, and any groundbreaking information obtained regarding new cancer treatment would undoubtedly spread like wildfire.

    As for Burzynski, and I definitely don't know as much about him as some others in this thread, but I am familiar with him and his work.  If I recall correctly, I think a lot of his legal troubles dealt with IRB (Investigational Review Board), which is basically the policies and procedures a researcher must go through to perform clinical trials.  There are very strict protocol on using human subjects, and I thought I had read where he was not diligent in these processes.  Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that one.

    My apologies for the length, just a topic I feel I have a little different perspective on.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCash:

    Jfio... so you're a pharmacist. Do you think I'm out of line in saying that Big Pharma would never let it happen? Do you think we'll ever see a cure? One more if you don't mind. What is your opinion of the American Cancer Society?

    Thank you in advance. (handshake)


    First off, I think this is a very interesting thread, and I appreciate the fact that you've taken the time to actually research this stuff as opposed to just spouting off conspiracy theories with no substance.

    I don't think you're out of line at all by suggesting Big Pharma would not let it happen.  Whether or not they are able to do that is another story.  Financially speaking, they have every incentive in the world to not want a "cure" for cancer to ever see the light of day. And these massive pharmaceutical companies definitely have the every monetary advantage when it comes to shutting down a Burzynski or smaller biotech company that might come up with a plausible solution.

    Overall, however, I just don't think this is the case for every company.  For one of my rotations in pharmacy school, I spent a month at one of the largest investigational drug programs in the country, where I actually sat in on meetings regarding new or ongoing studies, a majority of which pertained to oncology therapy. The mechanisms by which these drugs work (and I'll spare you the details due to complexity and boredom for those that don't care) are incredible, and if proven to work, would actually "cure" cancer, in the sense that further treatments would not be necessary. These studies are across-the-board sponsored AND funded by major drug companies.

    And this doesn't even scratch the surface to what Weekends suggested in his first post regarding individual researchers at these universities.  These doctors/scientists have no connections to the deep pockets of Big Pharma, so what incentive would they have to hide a cure for cancer should they stumble across it? As he suggested, these studies are published by any number of medical journals and then peer-reviewed by colleagues, and any groundbreaking information obtained regarding new cancer treatment would undoubtedly spread like wildfire.

    As for Burzynski, and I definitely don't know as much about him as some others in this thread, but I am familiar with him and his work.  If I recall correctly, I think a lot of his legal troubles dealt with IRB (Investigational Review Board), which is basically the policies and procedures a researcher must go through to perform clinical trials.  There are very strict protocol on using human subjects, and I thought I had read where he was not diligent in these processes.  Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that one.

    My apologies for the length, just a topic I feel I have a little different perspective on.


     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Feb. 12, 2013 - 6:04 PM ET #95

    Good stuff. I would have to watch the documentary again, but the Texas Medical Board was getting pressure from the FDA to shut him down. I don't recall any negligence on his part concerning clinical trials, but I suppose there are some aspects of the story that I'm not familiar with. That said, I do know that they held 4 or 5 Grand Juries, and not once was he indicted on anything. It got to the point where the judge literally questioned whether or not the FDA had a vendetta against him because he and his counsel couldn't understand what the FDA's issue with him was. The FDA confiscated medical records of patients (putting their lives in jeopardy) and the court proceedings cost the public an estimated 60 million USD.

    I'm going to take a minute to review your links. I thought you could provide some great input and I was right.

    Peace.
    Reply
    Good stuff. I would have to watch the documentary again, but the Texas Medical Board was getting pressure from the FDA to shut him down. I don't recall any negligence on his part concerning clinical trials, but I suppose there are some aspects of the story that I'm not familiar with. That said, I do know that they held 4 or 5 Grand Juries, and not once was he indicted on anything. It got to the point where the judge literally questioned whether or not the FDA had a vendetta against him because he and his counsel couldn't understand what the FDA's issue with him was. The FDA confiscated medical records of patients (putting their lives in jeopardy) and the court proceedings cost the public an estimated 60 million USD.

    I'm going to take a minute to review your links. I thought you could provide some great input and I was right.

    Peace.
     
    Randisist
    Randisist
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 3158
    Posted: Feb. 12, 2013 - 6:48 PM ET #96

    Quote Originally Posted by speak2truth:

    NO one got cancer 10,000 years ago.


    Are you really, really sure??? I seem to remember from a former life I was living at the time (10,000 years ago) that a local sheep herder had skin cancer... Got to keep in mind that we did not have all the sun screens 10,000 years ago like we have today. Might have been eczema... But I do think it was skin cancer...

    Now if you have a YouTube video that was made back then, that would be Unquestionable, Indisputable and Irrefutable Factual Proof that cancer did not exist 10,000 years ago. Got a link?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by speak2truth:

    NO one got cancer 10,000 years ago.


    Are you really, really sure??? I seem to remember from a former life I was living at the time (10,000 years ago) that a local sheep herder had skin cancer... Got to keep in mind that we did not have all the sun screens 10,000 years ago like we have today. Might have been eczema... But I do think it was skin cancer...

    Now if you have a YouTube video that was made back then, that would be Unquestionable, Indisputable and Irrefutable Factual Proof that cancer did not exist 10,000 years ago. Got a link?
     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Feb. 12, 2013 - 8:41 PM ET #97

    Weekends (handshake)
    Jfio (Handshake)
    Reply
    Weekends (handshake)
    Jfio (Handshake)
     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Feb. 12, 2013 - 9:27 PM ET #98

    I read most of that Burzynski link in post 92 that you provided Weekends. He's supposedly a cancer surgeon so I can't say that I really can debate on his level obviously. I'm not a surgeon. That said, I was shaking my head about some of the comments in the article. Good read though, and I'll probably review it again.
    Reply
    I read most of that Burzynski link in post 92 that you provided Weekends. He's supposedly a cancer surgeon so I can't say that I really can debate on his level obviously. I'm not a surgeon. That said, I was shaking my head about some of the comments in the article. Good read though, and I'll probably review it again.
     
    DHass22
    DHass22
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 580
    Posted: Feb. 13, 2013 - 12:26 AM ET #99

    Cancer is a food born disease.  See the movie, "Forks Over Knives", it's still the #1 documentary on Amazon for 3 years now.  You can also read the NYTimes best seller, The China Study.  The Western diet is soo backwards, it's almost criminal. 
    Reply
    Cancer is a food born disease.  See the movie, "Forks Over Knives", it's still the #1 documentary on Amazon for 3 years now.  You can also read the NYTimes best seller, The China Study.  The Western diet is soo backwards, it's almost criminal. 
     
     
    Chimpo
    Chimpo
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 2260
    Posted: Feb. 22, 2013 - 11:03 PM ET #100

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCash:

    "If you beat the FDA in court you have an angry FDA that is willing to slit your throat."

    --Peter Barton Hutt -- Former FDA Chief Counsel
    FDA s got no power over in, england, france, germany, japan, china,,etc etc.  You think this conspiracy involve all the players in the world? I recommend you go visit other country more often.  Maybe so in usa, no chance in all the country who s looking and spending money to find cure.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCash:

    "If you beat the FDA in court you have an angry FDA that is willing to slit your throat."

    --Peter Barton Hutt -- Former FDA Chief Counsel
    FDA s got no power over in, england, france, germany, japan, china,,etc etc.  You think this conspiracy involve all the players in the world? I recommend you go visit other country more often.  Maybe so in usa, no chance in all the country who s looking and spending money to find cure.
    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 454,162
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,225
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 7,561
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,634
    • You asked for more winners- here you go 2,308
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,003
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 535
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,726
    • PART DEUX 266
    • MODERATE voters say ... 34,969

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.