• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Gaming Industry - US

    BetUS and John Morrison scam exposed

    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»
    Jeff_Kent
    Lippsman
    beersonfirst
    pickles3kids
    bustn2night
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 67615
    Posts: 149
    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»
     
    Jeff_Kent
    Jeff_Kent
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2009
    Posts: 157
    Posted: Aug. 4, 2009 - 11:02 AM ET #101

    I know.  I am not happy.  If I come out of this deal with my bankroll in tact, and if I am allowed to cash out all of my money without getting jacked around, it is going to be a miracle.

    Even though I have bet thousands of dollars, I was advised that my play through credit is just under $3,000.00.  That means I have over $15,000.00 to go before I can cash out.

    Also, regarding the bonus.  Here's the scoop.

    I received a $1,000.00 bonus.  When you play a bonus dollar it is gone.  If you win the bet, they credit your account the amount won.  Example:  line is -150.  Bet $150 to win $100.  Bet wins.  My bonus money is debited by $150 and my account is credited $100.  That may be industry standard, but is sounds like a screw job.  Also, bonus money does not apply to playthrough.
    Reply
    I know.  I am not happy.  If I come out of this deal with my bankroll in tact, and if I am allowed to cash out all of my money without getting jacked around, it is going to be a miracle.

    Even though I have bet thousands of dollars, I was advised that my play through credit is just under $3,000.00.  That means I have over $15,000.00 to go before I can cash out.

    Also, regarding the bonus.  Here's the scoop.

    I received a $1,000.00 bonus.  When you play a bonus dollar it is gone.  If you win the bet, they credit your account the amount won.  Example:  line is -150.  Bet $150 to win $100.  Bet wins.  My bonus money is debited by $150 and my account is credited $100.  That may be industry standard, but is sounds like a screw job.  Also, bonus money does not apply to playthrough.
     
    Lippsman
    Lippsman
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2001
    Posts: 87445
    Posted: Aug. 4, 2009 - 11:23 AM ET #102

    This is why I always tell everyone to ignor bouns' that the books offer.  The bigger bonus the bigger pain in the ass it will be. 
     
    Take notice, that the A rated books hardly give big bouns'.  The reason is that they are rock solid and give great odds and payout very fast. There is no need for hooks and gimmicks.  The ones that do that are the ones that suck and are losing business.  So they have to give these great bounus' to get customers.
    Reply
    This is why I always tell everyone to ignor bouns' that the books offer.  The bigger bonus the bigger pain in the ass it will be. 
     
    Take notice, that the A rated books hardly give big bouns'.  The reason is that they are rock solid and give great odds and payout very fast. There is no need for hooks and gimmicks.  The ones that do that are the ones that suck and are losing business.  So they have to give these great bounus' to get customers.
     
    beersonfirst
    beersonfirst
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 57
    Posted: Aug. 5, 2009 - 5:36 PM ET #103

    I didn't read all 5 pages so far. so I may be repeating someone else. I used BetUS for several years until about a year ago when I found out that a friend of mine(square--loves football favs, and overs) WAS GETTING LINES THAT DIFFERED FROM ME BY 2-3 POINTS ON TOTALS, AND MINIMUM 1/2 TO 3 FOR SIDES!!!!
     
    we even logged in at the same time and place same bets at the exact same time with different numbers. I was a big player with an assigned Cust. Service host ..i called up and she admitted to me that "I fall in a different pricing schedule and get lines set for "PROFESSIONAL TYPE GAMBLERS" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i over the next few weeks rerquested my withdrawls, got all my money, and closed my account!
    Reply
    I didn't read all 5 pages so far. so I may be repeating someone else. I used BetUS for several years until about a year ago when I found out that a friend of mine(square--loves football favs, and overs) WAS GETTING LINES THAT DIFFERED FROM ME BY 2-3 POINTS ON TOTALS, AND MINIMUM 1/2 TO 3 FOR SIDES!!!!
     
    we even logged in at the same time and place same bets at the exact same time with different numbers. I was a big player with an assigned Cust. Service host ..i called up and she admitted to me that "I fall in a different pricing schedule and get lines set for "PROFESSIONAL TYPE GAMBLERS" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i over the next few weeks rerquested my withdrawls, got all my money, and closed my account!
     
    pickles3kids
    pickles3kids
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 1
    Posted: Nov. 26, 2009 - 1:51 AM ET #104

    I ..need some. Is there any legit sportsbook on line wherei can buy 3 pts in bball and not have a -190 or -200 Iam amemmber of betus and they are playin game wit the numbers The start at -130 On JM's selection, Where do I go.
    Reply
    I ..need some. Is there any legit sportsbook on line wherei can buy 3 pts in bball and not have a -190 or -200 Iam amemmber of betus and they are playin game wit the numbers The start at -130 On JM's selection, Where do I go.
     
    bustn2night
    bustn2night
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 1142
    Posted: Nov. 26, 2009 - 9:40 AM ET #105

    I dumped BETUS two years ago too. They were total jerks to deal with on withdraws. BetEd has been good to me so far.

    Hope they lose business from this!

    Reply

    I dumped BETUS two years ago too. They were total jerks to deal with on withdraws. BetEd has been good to me so far.

    Hope they lose business from this!

     
    KongKiller
    KongKiller
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 2628
    Posted: Dec. 22, 2009 - 10:50 PM ET #106

    Reply
     
    Luckeye
    Luckeye
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 39
    Posted: Dec. 23, 2009 - 11:07 AM ET #107

    Great thread A must read
    Reply
    Great thread A must read
     
    eastbounddown
    eastbounddown
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 123
    Posted: Dec. 23, 2009 - 2:13 PM ET #108

    First of all the number of real good touts you could count on one hand. Again there is no such thing as a fool proof betting system,and if they are inflating the line that much just bet the other side. Best of luck and god bless.
    Reply
    First of all the number of real good touts you could count on one hand. Again there is no such thing as a fool proof betting system,and if they are inflating the line that much just bet the other side. Best of luck and god bless.
     
    middletown
    middletown
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 127
    Posted: Dec. 25, 2009 - 7:18 AM ET #109

    I HAD A ACCOUNT WITH BETUS, LAST WEEK I PLAYED A PARLAY, THEONE BB GAME WAS 22.5 , I LOOKED UP LINE MOVEMENT ON COVERS AND THE LINE NEVER WENT PAST 21 ON BETUS.  YOU ARE TOTALLY CORRECT.
    Reply
    I HAD A ACCOUNT WITH BETUS, LAST WEEK I PLAYED A PARLAY, THEONE BB GAME WAS 22.5 , I LOOKED UP LINE MOVEMENT ON COVERS AND THE LINE NEVER WENT PAST 21 ON BETUS.  YOU ARE TOTALLY CORRECT.
     
    loganxman
    loganxman
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 81
    Posted: Dec. 26, 2009 - 7:49 AM ET #110

    I don't know why people would fall for obvious scams like this Morrison fellow. Just stick to reputable services like Bettingresource that has archives of all their picks from all the past years. If anyone releases picks like Game of the week, month, year etc you should know that he is not a handicapper...he is just a marketer and you can probably pick better than him. Anyone who uses progressive system is also no no. I have been following bettingresource for a while now and they know how to succeed because of their stellar discipline and selectiveness of the picks.
    Reply
    I don't know why people would fall for obvious scams like this Morrison fellow. Just stick to reputable services like Bettingresource that has archives of all their picks from all the past years. If anyone releases picks like Game of the week, month, year etc you should know that he is not a handicapper...he is just a marketer and you can probably pick better than him. Anyone who uses progressive system is also no no. I have been following bettingresource for a while now and they know how to succeed because of their stellar discipline and selectiveness of the picks.
     
    loganxman
    loganxman
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 81
    Posted: Dec. 26, 2009 - 7:50 AM ET #111

    Oh yea nad bet us is a scam book as well. You win couple of big bets and if you double your original deposit size in winnings they will lock your accounts and give you million excuses when you ask to withdraw.
    Reply
    Oh yea nad bet us is a scam book as well. You win couple of big bets and if you double your original deposit size in winnings they will lock your accounts and give you million excuses when you ask to withdraw.
     
    Johnnybad
    Johnnybad
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 659
    Posted: Dec. 26, 2009 - 6:54 PM ET #112

    I'm read that betUS.com use is owned and operated by joey rizzo and his brother. joe rizzo has called my house mutiple times trying to give me picks. you can google his name and find out a lot of dirt on this guy. he is a piece of shit.
    Reply
    I'm read that betUS.com use is owned and operated by joey rizzo and his brother. joe rizzo has called my house mutiple times trying to give me picks. you can google his name and find out a lot of dirt on this guy. he is a piece of shit.
     
    therock1994
    therock1994
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 1
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2009 - 8:06 AM ET #113

    YOU GUYS CAN TRY BETONLINE.COM THEY HAD BEEN GREAT TO ME FOR A LONG TIME AND THEY DON HASSEL YOU WITH THE PAY OUT AND GOOD ODS FROM THE PARLAYS
    Reply
    YOU GUYS CAN TRY BETONLINE.COM THEY HAD BEEN GREAT TO ME FOR A LONG TIME AND THEY DON HASSEL YOU WITH THE PAY OUT AND GOOD ODS FROM THE PARLAYS
     
    Rocket10
    Rocket10
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 116
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2009 - 4:10 PM ET #114

    I have used BetUS for quite a while now, and can say that once you get a good Account Manager, you will be all set.  I am reading all these posts and have the following personal information:

    • I get fair lines, and if I thought I was not, I would have two or three different accounts with different books, don't you?

     

    • I have never had an issue getting $$$$ out.  This book as many others only allows out set amounts per withdrawl.  You just need to hook up with your account Manager and get the best deal for you.

     

    • It appears we all use Covers for our wagering / gaming information site, blogs, etc.  If Covers thought BetUS was NFG, they would not even be listed on there top list at all.

     

    Reply

    I have used BetUS for quite a while now, and can say that once you get a good Account Manager, you will be all set.  I am reading all these posts and have the following personal information:

    • I get fair lines, and if I thought I was not, I would have two or three different accounts with different books, don't you?

     

    • I have never had an issue getting $$$$ out.  This book as many others only allows out set amounts per withdrawl.  You just need to hook up with your account Manager and get the best deal for you.

     

    • It appears we all use Covers for our wagering / gaming information site, blogs, etc.  If Covers thought BetUS was NFG, they would not even be listed on there top list at all.

     

     
    troy9828
    troy9828
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2007
    Posts: 5043
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2009 - 4:11 PM ET #115

    betus' Rizzo shot last year, and said that it was gambling related.......haaaaa....isnt that the reason why someone would want him dead

    https://www.onlinecasinoreports.com/news/theheadlines/2008/2/3/betus-owner-shot-in-costa-rica.php

     

    Reply

    betus' Rizzo shot last year, and said that it was gambling related.......haaaaa....isnt that the reason why someone would want him dead

    https://www.onlinecasinoreports.com/news/theheadlines/2008/2/3/betus-owner-shot-in-costa-rica.php

     

     
    troy9828
    troy9828
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2007
    Posts: 5043
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2009 - 4:13 PM ET #116

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket10:

    I have used BetUS for quite a while now, and can say that once you get a good Account Manager, you will be all set.  I am reading all these posts and have the following personal information:

    • I get fair lines, and if I thought I was not, I would have two or three different accounts with different books, don't you?

     

    • I have never had an issue getting $$$$ out.  This book as many others only allows out set amounts per withdrawl.  You just need to hook up with your account Manager and get the best deal for you.

     

    • It appears we all use Covers for our wagering / gaming information site, blogs, etc.  If Covers thought BetUS was NFG, they would not even be listed on there top list at all.

     

    for all you know, betus might even own this site

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket10:

    I have used BetUS for quite a while now, and can say that once you get a good Account Manager, you will be all set.  I am reading all these posts and have the following personal information:

    • I get fair lines, and if I thought I was not, I would have two or three different accounts with different books, don't you?

     

    • I have never had an issue getting $$$$ out.  This book as many others only allows out set amounts per withdrawl.  You just need to hook up with your account Manager and get the best deal for you.

     

    • It appears we all use Covers for our wagering / gaming information site, blogs, etc.  If Covers thought BetUS was NFG, they would not even be listed on there top list at all.

     

    for all you know, betus might even own this site

     
    Rocket10
    Rocket10
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 116
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2009 - 4:18 PM ET #117

    Yeah Troy they may -

    I get fair lines, and if I thought I was not, I would have two or three different accounts with different books, don't you?

    Reply

    Yeah Troy they may -

    I get fair lines, and if I thought I was not, I would have two or three different accounts with different books, don't you?

     
    troy9828
    troy9828
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2007
    Posts: 5043
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2009 - 4:32 PM ET #118

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket10:

    Yeah Troy they may -

    I get fair lines, and if I thought I was not, I would have two or three different accounts with different books, don't you?

    i have 15+ books sir...its just that shit like this needs to be addressed to clean up the industry a bit and to stop them from getting business because they are crooks, it is proven!  If you were new to the industry, would you want to deposit your dollars into a site which is screwing you over and every game?  I have talked with several Betus managers in the past, and it is true that this shit has been going on, they just turn their backs on the issue. Trying to help others out here  

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket10:

    Yeah Troy they may -

    I get fair lines, and if I thought I was not, I would have two or three different accounts with different books, don't you?

    i have 15+ books sir...its just that shit like this needs to be addressed to clean up the industry a bit and to stop them from getting business because they are crooks, it is proven!  If you were new to the industry, would you want to deposit your dollars into a site which is screwing you over and every game?  I have talked with several Betus managers in the past, and it is true that this shit has been going on, they just turn their backs on the issue. Trying to help others out here  

     
    Rocket10
    Rocket10
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 116
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2009 - 4:38 PM ET #119

    I understand your point Troy, but as I said, I get fair lines.  I look at all of my books when I go to play a game, and use the most advantageous postion for myself.  BTW, who do you use?

    Reply

    I understand your point Troy, but as I said, I get fair lines.  I look at all of my books when I go to play a game, and use the most advantageous postion for myself.  BTW, who do you use?

     
    troy9828
    troy9828
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2007
    Posts: 5043
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2009 - 4:52 PM ET #120

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket10:

    I understand your point Troy, but as I said, I get fair lines.  I look at all of my books when I go to play a game, and use the most advantageous postion for myself.  BTW, who do you use?

    you are one who does not fall into a certain wagering category, therefore your lines will not be affected near as much...

    my main books are--betphoenix, intertops, 5dimes, thegreek, matchbook

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket10:

    I understand your point Troy, but as I said, I get fair lines.  I look at all of my books when I go to play a game, and use the most advantageous postion for myself.  BTW, who do you use?

    you are one who does not fall into a certain wagering category, therefore your lines will not be affected near as much...

    my main books are--betphoenix, intertops, 5dimes, thegreek, matchbook

     
    Rocket10
    Rocket10
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 116
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2009 - 5:07 PM ET #121

    Troy - well who ever we both use or any of use, best of luck to all of us, new or old.  Let's all make some $$$$$$$.  Who do you find to be the fairest, and quickest payouts?

    Take it slow Troy ....

     

    Reply

    Troy - well who ever we both use or any of use, best of luck to all of us, new or old.  Let's all make some $$$$$$$.  Who do you find to be the fairest, and quickest payouts?

    Take it slow Troy ....

     

     
    Wo0dscape
    Wo0dscape
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 48
    Posted: Dec. 28, 2009 - 7:17 PM ET #122

    I AM NOT LYING WHEN I SAY THIS...

    Bet us scammed me hard core.... Being up 10 grand was my ultimate goal.. come Ncaab Tourny time, i had hit my mark and decided to cash out.  I had already cashed out before and them paying out was legit, it just took a while...

    I decided to stop gambling and sat back and just waited for my checks to come in the mail (at the time you could only cash out 3 grand a day).. I sat back and waited and one day i went on and saw that my account had gone down to under three grand

    I checked my account records and it said that I had lost it all playing online casino... I had never played the casino in my entire life on BetUs!!!  I called up customer service and they said that all of my losses had been from the same computer I had placed all of my bets from

    I had placed my bets from my house, my friends computer, and my cousins computer in another state before..

    When i confroted them on this, they told me they would look onto it.. Needless to say i never got another call

    My dumb ass then decided to get the casino blocked and lost all of my money in the tournament!

    I still call them up and they say that they are still looking into it..

    If you use BetUS, do me a favor and BLOCK THE CASINO!!!

    Reply

    I AM NOT LYING WHEN I SAY THIS...

    Bet us scammed me hard core.... Being up 10 grand was my ultimate goal.. come Ncaab Tourny time, i had hit my mark and decided to cash out.  I had already cashed out before and them paying out was legit, it just took a while...

    I decided to stop gambling and sat back and just waited for my checks to come in the mail (at the time you could only cash out 3 grand a day).. I sat back and waited and one day i went on and saw that my account had gone down to under three grand

    I checked my account records and it said that I had lost it all playing online casino... I had never played the casino in my entire life on BetUs!!!  I called up customer service and they said that all of my losses had been from the same computer I had placed all of my bets from

    I had placed my bets from my house, my friends computer, and my cousins computer in another state before..

    When i confroted them on this, they told me they would look onto it.. Needless to say i never got another call

    My dumb ass then decided to get the casino blocked and lost all of my money in the tournament!

    I still call them up and they say that they are still looking into it..

    If you use BetUS, do me a favor and BLOCK THE CASINO!!!

     
    Rocket10
    Rocket10
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 116
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2009 - 4:26 PM ET #123

    Woodscape - If that is true, then YES you got scammed BIG time.  Shoot me an e-mail and tell me who you spoke with.
    Reply
    Woodscape - If that is true, then YES you got scammed BIG time.  Shoot me an e-mail and tell me who you spoke with.
     
    m15525
    m15525
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2765
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2009 - 1:45 AM ET #124

    Since the sports gaming industry has been around, books have dealt different numbers and betting limits based on the individual player.

    Players are ALWAYS profiled by the books.

    Since the new age of the offshore and internet...the books no longer can rely on 'face to face' identification of players. Sometimes on bets placed over the internet there is no verification necessary at all to confirm a bet (other then a pin number.)

    The books, to keep wit the times, have software now that automatically tags each player as a sharp, square or otherwise (its a part of the player profile that is invisible to the player... but can be seen by the book employees).... So when the player gets dealt a line it is based on the profile setting assigned to you.

    Most players depositing smaller amounts are automatically tagged as square (regardless of the re-fer source.) However, once patterns can be attached to your play, they can change the setting on your account to counteract your tendencies.

    Is it ethical? I don't think it is. But then again, is taking bets ethical?

    Your best bet is always to ignore bonuses altogether (if it involves any small print.) The best bonus is always playing books that offer  -105. Start with a test deposit (an amount you could live without for a few weeks if payouts are delayed.) Always do research about books via unbiased search engines etc to see if there are any existing stories about the books.






    Reply
    Since the sports gaming industry has been around, books have dealt different numbers and betting limits based on the individual player.

    Players are ALWAYS profiled by the books.

    Since the new age of the offshore and internet...the books no longer can rely on 'face to face' identification of players. Sometimes on bets placed over the internet there is no verification necessary at all to confirm a bet (other then a pin number.)

    The books, to keep wit the times, have software now that automatically tags each player as a sharp, square or otherwise (its a part of the player profile that is invisible to the player... but can be seen by the book employees).... So when the player gets dealt a line it is based on the profile setting assigned to you.

    Most players depositing smaller amounts are automatically tagged as square (regardless of the re-fer source.) However, once patterns can be attached to your play, they can change the setting on your account to counteract your tendencies.

    Is it ethical? I don't think it is. But then again, is taking bets ethical?

    Your best bet is always to ignore bonuses altogether (if it involves any small print.) The best bonus is always playing books that offer  -105. Start with a test deposit (an amount you could live without for a few weeks if payouts are delayed.) Always do research about books via unbiased search engines etc to see if there are any existing stories about the books.






     
     
    Wo0dscape
    Wo0dscape
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 48
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2009 - 7:42 PM ET #125

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket10:

    Woodscape - If that is true, then YES you got scammed BIG time.  Shoot me an e-mail and tell me who you spoke with.

     

    I swear to you it's true... i haven't called them in quite some time because i know that i'll just keep getting dicked around... Like i said, it happened last year around March.  I honestly don't remember the people i spoke to, but there were several of them.  Because of it, i'll never go through online sites again, even though everyone else only raves about how good they can be. 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket10:

    Woodscape - If that is true, then YES you got scammed BIG time.  Shoot me an e-mail and tell me who you spoke with.

     

    I swear to you it's true... i haven't called them in quite some time because i know that i'll just keep getting dicked around... Like i said, it happened last year around March.  I honestly don't remember the people i spoke to, but there were several of them.  Because of it, i'll never go through online sites again, even though everyone else only raves about how good they can be. 

    All Forums | Gaming Industry - US
    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,277
    • PART DEUX 221
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,112
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,661
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,209
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 30,202
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,148
    • Thursday 10/01/2026 756
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,844
    • We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,587

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.