• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Buccaneers-Cowboys Leans
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Food & Fitness

    Is Diet Coke actually that bad for you?

    12 Next Last»
    Michfan15
    Mikael99
    2169
    Joey03
    dennishopson
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1654
    Posts: 26
    12 Next Last»
     
    Michfan15
    Michfan15
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 11316
    Posted: Jan. 30, 2010 - 2:58 PM ET #1

    I drink this shit like water, 24/7.  I thought I was being healthy by drinking diet instead of regular but everyone says it gives you cancer and all this other crap- I don't really buy it.  Would I be alot healthier if i just drank water, is there anything that bad in diet coke? 
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    I drink this shit like water, 24/7.  I thought I was being healthy by drinking diet instead of regular but everyone says it gives you cancer and all this other crap- I don't really buy it.  Would I be alot healthier if i just drank water, is there anything that bad in diet coke? 
     
    Mikael99
    Mikael99
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2004
    Posts: 28383
    Posted: Jan. 30, 2010 - 3:17 PM ET #2

    Well calorie vise diet coke will not hurt you as it do not have calories in it.

    It has an articial sweetener called aspartam. Some suggest that might cause tumors and poison your body but the established medical society claims it will not hurt you unless you get massive dosises of it into your body.

    If you ask me if water is better than diet coke, then the answer is yes. Your body needs water, Water is important when you liver detoxes your system for toxins.

    In my opinion it will not hurt you to drink diet or zero coke several times per week, but problably not the best that it is what you drink exclusively.


    Reply
    Well calorie vise diet coke will not hurt you as it do not have calories in it.

    It has an articial sweetener called aspartam. Some suggest that might cause tumors and poison your body but the established medical society claims it will not hurt you unless you get massive dosises of it into your body.

    If you ask me if water is better than diet coke, then the answer is yes. Your body needs water, Water is important when you liver detoxes your system for toxins.

    In my opinion it will not hurt you to drink diet or zero coke several times per week, but problably not the best that it is what you drink exclusively.


     
    2169
    2169
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 10748
    Posted: Jan. 31, 2010 - 1:26 AM ET #3

    the aspartame is supposedly bad.  i always have diet coke in my fridge, but i don't think it's the best for me.  i drink it when i need something carbonated (when i don't want a beer.)  i choose diet coke because i notice that the aspartame is a lot stronger than regular sugar, or maybe that's my own reaction to the sugar substitute.  ---but drink water.
    Reply
    the aspartame is supposedly bad.  i always have diet coke in my fridge, but i don't think it's the best for me.  i drink it when i need something carbonated (when i don't want a beer.)  i choose diet coke because i notice that the aspartame is a lot stronger than regular sugar, or maybe that's my own reaction to the sugar substitute.  ---but drink water.
     
    Joey03
    Joey03
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 5245
    Posted: Jan. 31, 2010 - 6:40 PM ET #4

     I seriously think health wise these heavy pop drinkers are far worse off than big beer drinkers.

     

    Gimme a break - i know a hell of a lot of older beer drinkers than 60 or 70 year olds that have pounded down mountain dews and that other shit their entire lifes

    Reply

     I seriously think health wise these heavy pop drinkers are far worse off than big beer drinkers.

     

    Gimme a break - i know a hell of a lot of older beer drinkers than 60 or 70 year olds that have pounded down mountain dews and that other shit their entire lifes

     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: Jan. 31, 2010 - 8:53 PM ET #5

    Joey, you are correct.

    When I was in college, they soaked an "ungalvanized nail in coca cola , not diet, but no diff.

    It desolved in a month.

    Beer or wine is easier on your stomach. Beer is worse on the belly obviously........
    Reply
    Joey, you are correct.

    When I was in college, they soaked an "ungalvanized nail in coca cola , not diet, but no diff.

    It desolved in a month.

    Beer or wine is easier on your stomach. Beer is worse on the belly obviously........
     
    twoheart
    twoheart
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 947
    Posted: Feb. 2, 2010 - 6:57 PM ET #6

    Even though it is diet, it can confuse your body and may result in a change in your metabolism. Every body is different. Just my two cents.
    Reply
    Even though it is diet, it can confuse your body and may result in a change in your metabolism. Every body is different. Just my two cents.
     
    thisguyiswise
    thisguyiswise
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 6909
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2010 - 4:15 PM ET #7

    drink water, one diet coke a day isnt that bad but drinking it like water is not good for you..
    Reply
    drink water, one diet coke a day isnt that bad but drinking it like water is not good for you..
     
    ctdirt
    ctdirt
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 392
    Posted: Feb. 21, 2010 - 3:09 PM ET #8

    number 1 if your drinking pop daily who gives a shit if its diet or not your drinking pop daily, number 2  diet and coke zero taste like shit compared to regular
    Reply
    number 1 if your drinking pop daily who gives a shit if its diet or not your drinking pop daily, number 2  diet and coke zero taste like shit compared to regular
     
    4theluvofmoney
    4theluvofmoney
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 3066
    Posted: Feb. 21, 2010 - 4:01 PM ET #9

    drink beer instead of pop its healthier 
    Reply
    drink beer instead of pop its healthier 
     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2010 - 6:15 PM ET #10

    I agree, and I'd wager that there are less crazy chemicals in a decent beer than a diet coke.

    Hey MichFan, do you drink the diet coke for it's said to be high caffeine content? If so , perhaps just look for some energy boosting items......

    When I was driving a lot, those 5 hour energy things were pretty good IMO. Wasn't nearly the jolt I was looking for, so its a starbucks iced coffee grande sized with 3 shots espresso, not daily, but it gets me were I need to be when I need it everytime.
    Reply
    I agree, and I'd wager that there are less crazy chemicals in a decent beer than a diet coke.

    Hey MichFan, do you drink the diet coke for it's said to be high caffeine content? If so , perhaps just look for some energy boosting items......

    When I was driving a lot, those 5 hour energy things were pretty good IMO. Wasn't nearly the jolt I was looking for, so its a starbucks iced coffee grande sized with 3 shots espresso, not daily, but it gets me were I need to be when I need it everytime.
     
    JW1LS
    JW1LS
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 4695
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2010 - 7:53 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by Michfan15:

    I drink this shit like water, 24/7.  I thought I was being healthy by drinking diet instead of regular but everyone says it gives you cancer and all this other crap- I don't really buy it.  Would I be alot healthier if i just drank water, is there anything that bad in diet coke? 

    YES
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Michfan15:

    I drink this shit like water, 24/7.  I thought I was being healthy by drinking diet instead of regular but everyone says it gives you cancer and all this other crap- I don't really buy it.  Would I be alot healthier if i just drank water, is there anything that bad in diet coke? 

    YES
     
    Rockdog
    Rockdog
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 5485
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2010 - 1:11 AM ET #12

    I drink regular coke everyday for the last 10 years and I'm fuckin healthy as a horse.  As a matter of fact, I drink like 3 cans of coke a day.  Fuck the stuff about how bad COKE is....It's all a myth.  lol


    Reply
    I drink regular coke everyday for the last 10 years and I'm fuckin healthy as a horse.  As a matter of fact, I drink like 3 cans of coke a day.  Fuck the stuff about how bad COKE is....It's all a myth.  lol


     
    Spreadmover
    Spreadmover
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2006
    Posts: 1134
    Posted: Mar. 24, 2010 - 11:03 PM ET #13

    aspartame is just a different sweetener, too much isnt good for you....but that can be said for just about anything....a can of coke has almost 50 grams of sugar!! water water water

    haha rockdog you must be one of the lucky ones some people can get away with that shit some cant

    Reply

    aspartame is just a different sweetener, too much isnt good for you....but that can be said for just about anything....a can of coke has almost 50 grams of sugar!! water water water

    haha rockdog you must be one of the lucky ones some people can get away with that shit some cant

     
    vanwilder21
    vanwilder21
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 2748
    Posted: Mar. 26, 2010 - 8:38 PM ET #14

    I never touch any soda......I think it makes you lethargic after prolonged use...
    Reply
    I never touch any soda......I think it makes you lethargic after prolonged use...
     
    momoney
    momoney
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2002
    Posts: 12058
    Posted: Mar. 28, 2010 - 4:19 AM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by vanwilder21:

    I never touch any soda......I think it makes you lethargic after prolonged use...
    So does pot !
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanwilder21:

    I never touch any soda......I think it makes you lethargic after prolonged use...
    So does pot !
     
    OnlyGod
    OnlyGod
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 5868
    Posted: May. 24, 2010 - 5:14 PM ET #16

    You should probably be ok unless you drink lkie 20 cans a day and/or if your family has high probabilities of getting cancer.  I have read several lab reports on this stuff.

     

    The lab reports basically asy that it causes a build up of methane gasses in your intestinal track and sometimes the kidneys.  Methane is naturally occuring as a by product of digestion blah blah blah.  The only people who got cancer while drinking diet sodas were part of a group who were already genetically predisposed. 

    Also the amount of toxins created was negligible unless some one drank like 20-30 cans a day for several months. 

    Also there was talk that the politicians who owned sugar interests made up all of this cancer bull just to keep there stocks high.

    So all that considered NO.

    Reply

    You should probably be ok unless you drink lkie 20 cans a day and/or if your family has high probabilities of getting cancer.  I have read several lab reports on this stuff.

     

    The lab reports basically asy that it causes a build up of methane gasses in your intestinal track and sometimes the kidneys.  Methane is naturally occuring as a by product of digestion blah blah blah.  The only people who got cancer while drinking diet sodas were part of a group who were already genetically predisposed. 

    Also the amount of toxins created was negligible unless some one drank like 20-30 cans a day for several months. 

    Also there was talk that the politicians who owned sugar interests made up all of this cancer bull just to keep there stocks high.

    So all that considered NO.

     
    Gilberto
    Gilberto
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2004
    Posts: 6483
    Posted: Jun. 6, 2010 - 7:28 PM ET #17

    I never beleived in the Aspartime is bad for you, but I have personally proven too myself it is very bad.

    I'm diabetic so I have drank diet soda for about 20 years. I also like sugar free popcicles vs eating alot of crap before going to bed. Both have Aspartime.

    I thought I was having a severe bout of neouropothy because of the diabetes and although new in the last 4 months the pain was TERRIBLE in my feet.

    I had an EMG (electric shock crap) on my legs to see if the diabetes was really causing issues and the tests came out fine so my pain was not Neuropothy.

    Wife convinced me to try eliminating aspartime, so...........I switched to Diet Rite Tangerine (0 cal and No Aspartime) also is very good with my vodka binges............eliminated the popcisles and within 2 weeks and then for 3 straight months the pain in my feet were 100% gone.

    I litterally just started eating the popcicles a week ago and within 2 days the pain was terrible and back.........NOW off and NOW gone again.

    Just my 2 cents, but I know for sure it's the "wood alchohol" in aspartime that is bad for me anyway.

    Reply

    I never beleived in the Aspartime is bad for you, but I have personally proven too myself it is very bad.

    I'm diabetic so I have drank diet soda for about 20 years. I also like sugar free popcicles vs eating alot of crap before going to bed. Both have Aspartime.

    I thought I was having a severe bout of neouropothy because of the diabetes and although new in the last 4 months the pain was TERRIBLE in my feet.

    I had an EMG (electric shock crap) on my legs to see if the diabetes was really causing issues and the tests came out fine so my pain was not Neuropothy.

    Wife convinced me to try eliminating aspartime, so...........I switched to Diet Rite Tangerine (0 cal and No Aspartime) also is very good with my vodka binges............eliminated the popcisles and within 2 weeks and then for 3 straight months the pain in my feet were 100% gone.

    I litterally just started eating the popcicles a week ago and within 2 days the pain was terrible and back.........NOW off and NOW gone again.

    Just my 2 cents, but I know for sure it's the "wood alchohol" in aspartime that is bad for me anyway.

     
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2002
    Posts: 56261
    Posted: Jun. 6, 2010 - 8:15 PM ET #18

    Aspartame is bad for you.  Having too much can cause neurological problems.  Once in a while won't kill you.
    Reply
    Aspartame is bad for you.  Having too much can cause neurological problems.  Once in a while won't kill you.
     
    Rockdog
    Rockdog
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 5485
    Posted: Jun. 7, 2010 - 2:40 PM ET #19

    If diet coke or coke are so bad for you,  then you wouldn't see them on the supermarket shelves.  Just like cigarettes and alcohol, you don't see them on the supermarket shelves do you?  There is an obvious reason why.  Coke is fine. All it takes is a few paranoid people to propagate false info about coke and you the public running scared.
    Reply
    If diet coke or coke are so bad for you,  then you wouldn't see them on the supermarket shelves.  Just like cigarettes and alcohol, you don't see them on the supermarket shelves do you?  There is an obvious reason why.  Coke is fine. All it takes is a few paranoid people to propagate false info about coke and you the public running scared.
     
    veto22
    veto22
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 2766
    Posted: Jun. 7, 2010 - 4:44 PM ET #20

    Sugar is bad for you.
    Reply
    Sugar is bad for you.
     
    hugh613
    hugh613
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 8269
    Posted: Sep. 13, 2010 - 8:35 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdog:

    If diet coke or coke are so bad for you,  then you wouldn't see them on the supermarket shelves.
    True, but then again...

    I drink a lot of Coke and, trust me, if I go a few days without drinking any, my gums, teeth, and stomach notice the difference. Like anything else, moderation is the key.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdog:

    If diet coke or coke are so bad for you,  then you wouldn't see them on the supermarket shelves.
    True, but then again...

    I drink a lot of Coke and, trust me, if I go a few days without drinking any, my gums, teeth, and stomach notice the difference. Like anything else, moderation is the key.
     
    GBP
    GBP
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2009
    Posts: 8609
    Posted: Sep. 19, 2010 - 2:29 AM ET #22

    everything in sensible moderation
    Reply
    everything in sensible moderation
     
    CountNo_Account
    CountNo_Account
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2004
    Posts: 7738
    Posted: Sep. 22, 2010 - 8:44 PM ET #23

    bump
    Reply
    bump
     
    popinpil
    popinpil
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 83
    Posted: Sep. 30, 2010 - 4:17 PM ET #24

    aspartane elevates your insulin levels .
    Reply
    aspartane elevates your insulin levels .
     
     
    Mikado
    Mikado
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 10129
    Posted: Oct. 12, 2010 - 12:41 AM ET #25

    I heard the artificial sugar makes you crave more food (therefore increasing your food consumption). 

    It also gave lab rats cancer (the artificial sugar used in diet drinks)

    Your best bet is to drink water... while drinking a diet drink every once in a while won't show any kind of health effects, there have already been studies done and currently going on which shows that diet drinks actually cause you to gain more weight.  If you don't believe me google it up.  Many studies have shown that diet drinks increases your chances of not only obesity but diabetes as well (because the artificial sugars fu*k with your brains neurotransmitters).


    Reply
    I heard the artificial sugar makes you crave more food (therefore increasing your food consumption). 

    It also gave lab rats cancer (the artificial sugar used in diet drinks)

    Your best bet is to drink water... while drinking a diet drink every once in a while won't show any kind of health effects, there have already been studies done and currently going on which shows that diet drinks actually cause you to gain more weight.  If you don't believe me google it up.  Many studies have shown that diet drinks increases your chances of not only obesity but diabetes as well (because the artificial sugars fu*k with your brains neurotransmitters).


    All Forums | Food & Fitness
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Monday 10/05/2026 694
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,275
    • PART DEUX 187
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,728
    • Falcons vs Saints in-game live MNF 1,785
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,809
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 9,657
    • ***Macwesties * Mon. Oct. 05, 2026 * Week #4 * MNF * NFL Football Play*** 3,121
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,609
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 17,720

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.