• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Buccaneers-Cowboys Leans
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Basketball

    SHIRLEYS LINES FOR SUNDAYS GAMES FOR ALL TO SEE (10-3 IN NCAA TOURNEY).

    1234 Next Last»
    shirley-jester
    gatorbear
    boomersooner13
    westsi819
    TBallgame
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 20142
    Posts: 78
    1234 Next Last»
     
    shirley-jester
    shirley-jester
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 1511
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 3:58 AM ET #1

    Yesterday only 1 game ventured into the wagering area, and that was USF vs Hawaii, which closed at +6.5.

    Using my raw numbers, this was a dog play and a winner. It was really the type of game which is a bankroll builder in the long haul. However, if you were privy to my conference adjustments, it became a no play. I am not counting this winner in my tournament record, which is not included in my regular season record listed below. I DID NOT PLAY THIS GAME.

    Overall covers win pct not counting tourney of 64   61.37%

    College basketball sides omitting Tourney of 64    59-26  69.41%

    NCAA Tourney of 64 record                                 10-3   76.92%.

    My lines are as follows:

    VT            5.10

    NC            9.10

    Duke        9.70

    Ohio St  11.80

    Tex          4.90

    Purdue  11.80

    Syr          4.50

    Kan         3.90

    ND          4.20

    It looks as if there will be some action today on a game or two. Please note that these lines include all conference adjustments through Saturday night. Best of luck

    Shirley

     

     

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    Yesterday only 1 game ventured into the wagering area, and that was USF vs Hawaii, which closed at +6.5.

    Using my raw numbers, this was a dog play and a winner. It was really the type of game which is a bankroll builder in the long haul. However, if you were privy to my conference adjustments, it became a no play. I am not counting this winner in my tournament record, which is not included in my regular season record listed below. I DID NOT PLAY THIS GAME.

    Overall covers win pct not counting tourney of 64   61.37%

    College basketball sides omitting Tourney of 64    59-26  69.41%

    NCAA Tourney of 64 record                                 10-3   76.92%.

    My lines are as follows:

    VT            5.10

    NC            9.10

    Duke        9.70

    Ohio St  11.80

    Tex          4.90

    Purdue  11.80

    Syr          4.50

    Kan         3.90

    ND          4.20

    It looks as if there will be some action today on a game or two. Please note that these lines include all conference adjustments through Saturday night. Best of luck

    Shirley

     

     

     
    gatorbear
    gatorbear
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 1273
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 4:52 AM ET #2

    Thanks Shirley.


    Reply
    Thanks Shirley.


     
    gatorbear
    gatorbear
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 1273
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 4:57 AM ET #3

    North Carolina -4.5 & Illinois +8.5.


    Reply
    North Carolina -4.5 & Illinois +8.5.


     
    boomersooner13
    boomersooner13
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 3563
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 4:57 AM ET #4

    Illinois is a strong play?

    HMMMMMM
    Reply
    Illinois is a strong play?

    HMMMMMM
     
    gatorbear
    gatorbear
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 1273
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 4:59 AM ET #5

    Hey Boomer,

    Weren't you all over Cincy yesterday?
    Reply
    Hey Boomer,

    Weren't you all over Cincy yesterday?
     
    boomersooner13
    boomersooner13
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 3563
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 5:01 AM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by gatorbear:

    Hey Boomer,

    Weren't you all over Cincy yesterday?

    I felt very strongly about them, yes.

    I'm also 11-2-1 i the last two days and +12k.......

    so go on?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorbear:

    Hey Boomer,

    Weren't you all over Cincy yesterday?

    I felt very strongly about them, yes.

    I'm also 11-2-1 i the last two days and +12k.......

    so go on?
     
    gatorbear
    gatorbear
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 1273
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 5:08 AM ET #7

    Are those posted picks? According to Pitt43 march madness tourney, you are 24-14, which is very good but not 11-2. What is the real deal????
    Reply
    Are those posted picks? According to Pitt43 march madness tourney, you are 24-14, which is very good but not 11-2. What is the real deal????
     
    gatorbear
    gatorbear
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 1273
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 5:09 AM ET #8

    Shirley,

    What is your take on the o/u for UNC 1st half? I am leaning the over.
    Reply
    Shirley,

    What is your take on the o/u for UNC 1st half? I am leaning the over.
     
    boomersooner13
    boomersooner13
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 3563
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 5:15 AM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by gatorbear:

    Are those posted picks? According to Pitt43 march madness tourney, you are 24-14, which is very good but not 11-2. What is the real deal????

    I do apologize.  I meant to say I'm on an 11-2-1 run

    I picked those games yesterday, doesn't mean I actually played them?  i just did it for the tourny. 
    I mostly play 2H plays honestly. i went 5-2-1 today and 6-0 friday.  

    And yes.  They are posted.  Duke 1H, Duke 2H, OSU 2H, Kansas 2H, VCU 2H and the 2H over, SF fg ML and PS, BC/NW 2H Over, 2H purdue, 2H syracuse

    Lost Cincy ps and wisconsin 2H

    Pushed butler 2H.

    Thanks!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorbear:

    Are those posted picks? According to Pitt43 march madness tourney, you are 24-14, which is very good but not 11-2. What is the real deal????

    I do apologize.  I meant to say I'm on an 11-2-1 run

    I picked those games yesterday, doesn't mean I actually played them?  i just did it for the tourny. 
    I mostly play 2H plays honestly. i went 5-2-1 today and 6-0 friday.  

    And yes.  They are posted.  Duke 1H, Duke 2H, OSU 2H, Kansas 2H, VCU 2H and the 2H over, SF fg ML and PS, BC/NW 2H Over, 2H purdue, 2H syracuse

    Lost Cincy ps and wisconsin 2H

    Pushed butler 2H.

    Thanks!
     
    gatorbear
    gatorbear
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 1273
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 5:17 AM ET #10

    I play halves also. What is your thought on UNC 1st half?
    Reply
    I play halves also. What is your thought on UNC 1st half?
     
    boomersooner13
    boomersooner13
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 3563
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 5:21 AM ET #11

    Don't really like 1H's too much, but the thing i feel most comfortable with in that 1H is the over.  I haven't watched enough of UW play to know how they do 1H with scoring.  My lean would be NC -2 1/2 just because they usually start hot, but Isaih is a dangerous player and could keep them close.  What i'll do is see how the teams want to play 1H and make a 2H play out of it 
    Reply
    Don't really like 1H's too much, but the thing i feel most comfortable with in that 1H is the over.  I haven't watched enough of UW play to know how they do 1H with scoring.  My lean would be NC -2 1/2 just because they usually start hot, but Isaih is a dangerous player and could keep them close.  What i'll do is see how the teams want to play 1H and make a 2H play out of it 
     
    gatorbear
    gatorbear
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 1273
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 5:25 AM ET #12

    I am leaning the same way, UNC -2.5 & the over 74.5. I did not want to come across busting your chops. I take everything in and try to find the best cappers on this site.


    Reply
    I am leaning the same way, UNC -2.5 & the over 74.5. I did not want to come across busting your chops. I take everything in and try to find the best cappers on this site.


     
    boomersooner13
    boomersooner13
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 3563
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 5:27 AM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by gatorbear:

    I am leaning the same way, UNC -2.5 & the over 74.5. I did not want to come across busting your chops. I take everything in and try to find the best cappers on this site.



    lol i'm not near the top on this site, i'll be the first to admit it. 

    i hit hot streaks, but i'll also hit other streaks where i'll lose 1 or 2 k in a day or two.  I'm very young and still learning, but i've got a great knowledge of trends and numbers (i'm a huge math and chemistry guy).  With a few more years of practice, i think i'll do very very well 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorbear:

    I am leaning the same way, UNC -2.5 & the over 74.5. I did not want to come across busting your chops. I take everything in and try to find the best cappers on this site.



    lol i'm not near the top on this site, i'll be the first to admit it. 

    i hit hot streaks, but i'll also hit other streaks where i'll lose 1 or 2 k in a day or two.  I'm very young and still learning, but i've got a great knowledge of trends and numbers (i'm a huge math and chemistry guy).  With a few more years of practice, i think i'll do very very well 
     
    gatorbear
    gatorbear
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 1273
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 5:33 AM ET #14

    You will. If you have that knowledge (math & chemistry), chemistry not my strong point at all, #'s & math, very strong, you should be a success. GL in the Pitt tourney.


    Reply
    You will. If you have that knowledge (math & chemistry), chemistry not my strong point at all, #'s & math, very strong, you should be a success. GL in the Pitt tourney.


     
    westsi819
    westsi819
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 660
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 6:18 AM ET #15

    hey shirley, do you like any totals on any of the games?

    Reply
    hey shirley, do you like any totals on any of the games?

     
    shirley-jester
    shirley-jester
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 1511
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 6:57 AM ET #16

    Gatorbear

    Boomersooner13 

    Westsi819 

     

    I have no totals for todays games. From my research, the best time to play totals is in ROUND 1 of the tourney.

    As far as liking the games my method selected today, I have very mixed feelings. Never a fan of Illinois, I've looked for ways to eliminate them in previous games. I had no choice to play them last time out, so I'll probably (reluctantly) make the wager today.

    If NC is a play. I probably will toss them out, being that they are a favorite. I'm not sure yet. I have to look at the adjusted numbers again for the conference and some late season games. I might have missed something I can latch onto here.

    Subjective analysis is as important as my base numbers, which will dynamically change after the 1st 1/2 of the first game is played today.

    Best of luck .

    Shirley

    Reply

    Gatorbear

    Boomersooner13 

    Westsi819 

     

    I have no totals for todays games. From my research, the best time to play totals is in ROUND 1 of the tourney.

    As far as liking the games my method selected today, I have very mixed feelings. Never a fan of Illinois, I've looked for ways to eliminate them in previous games. I had no choice to play them last time out, so I'll probably (reluctantly) make the wager today.

    If NC is a play. I probably will toss them out, being that they are a favorite. I'm not sure yet. I have to look at the adjusted numbers again for the conference and some late season games. I might have missed something I can latch onto here.

    Subjective analysis is as important as my base numbers, which will dynamically change after the 1st 1/2 of the first game is played today.

    Best of luck .

    Shirley

     
    shirley-jester
    shirley-jester
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 1511
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 7:14 AM ET #17

    Gatorbear, I have nothing for the 1H of this game. It's a little late for that, as the line (total) has been adjusted for NC. Interestingly, I wagered on many "unders" with NC this year, and similarly on Washington with great success, but have nothing for this game. Last outing was a unique, once a year situation for UNC.

    I'm more interested in looking at the conference adjustments, and am disturbed by the awful game that BC provided yesterday. I expected NW to show up, and to play them down to the wire, not toy with them as they did.

    This is something to think about. Northwestern smokes BC at home, and so this only adds more fuel to the fire about something we already know.

    The big 10 is the conference of this NCAA Tournament, up to this point in time, BY FAR. Thus the Illinois selection (again).

    Shirley

    Reply

    Gatorbear, I have nothing for the 1H of this game. It's a little late for that, as the line (total) has been adjusted for NC. Interestingly, I wagered on many "unders" with NC this year, and similarly on Washington with great success, but have nothing for this game. Last outing was a unique, once a year situation for UNC.

    I'm more interested in looking at the conference adjustments, and am disturbed by the awful game that BC provided yesterday. I expected NW to show up, and to play them down to the wire, not toy with them as they did.

    This is something to think about. Northwestern smokes BC at home, and so this only adds more fuel to the fire about something we already know.

    The big 10 is the conference of this NCAA Tournament, up to this point in time, BY FAR. Thus the Illinois selection (again).

    Shirley

     
    TBallgame
    TBallgame
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 857
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 7:14 AM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by boomersooner13:

    Don't really like 1H's too much, but the thing i feel most comfortable with in that 1H is the over.  I haven't watched enough of UW play to know how they do 1H with scoring.  My lean would be NC -2 1/2 just because they usually start hot, but Isaih is a dangerous player and could keep them close.  What i'll do is see how the teams want to play 1H and make a 2H play out of it 

     

    Don't know what NC team you've benn watching, but to say, "they usually start hot" is nonsense.  Other than a pitiful LIU tm, which they failed to cover BTW, the last 3 games @ half, Duke -14, Miami -9, Clemson -10.  Hot NOT!!

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by boomersooner13:

    Don't really like 1H's too much, but the thing i feel most comfortable with in that 1H is the over.  I haven't watched enough of UW play to know how they do 1H with scoring.  My lean would be NC -2 1/2 just because they usually start hot, but Isaih is a dangerous player and could keep them close.  What i'll do is see how the teams want to play 1H and make a 2H play out of it 

     

    Don't know what NC team you've benn watching, but to say, "they usually start hot" is nonsense.  Other than a pitiful LIU tm, which they failed to cover BTW, the last 3 games @ half, Duke -14, Miami -9, Clemson -10.  Hot NOT!!

     
    shirley-jester
    shirley-jester
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 1511
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 7:49 AM ET #19

    TBallgame

    You made an interesting comment and are in agreement with a friend of mine who follows the team closely. His take was that UNC started "slowly" in all of their ACC Tourney games.

    I mentioned to him that the Tourney of 64 is not the same as a conference tournament (where everybody knows all of their opponents tendencies and weaknesses). I suggested to him that the "over" 1H was a unique situation where the pace of LIU was going to be up and down, not like Princeton, Murray or Airforce, the only teams that UNC failed to go over in the 1H by 12 points (in the 1H) or more in all of the postseason tournaments since 2002!

    Like I said previously, this tourney is its own gorilla, and subjective analysis is as important as my starting point numbers.

    However, your observations are in conjunction with my friend, who is a follower of NC on a daily basis, and has the pulse of this team on his fingertips.

    BOL

    Shirley

    Reply

    TBallgame

    You made an interesting comment and are in agreement with a friend of mine who follows the team closely. His take was that UNC started "slowly" in all of their ACC Tourney games.

    I mentioned to him that the Tourney of 64 is not the same as a conference tournament (where everybody knows all of their opponents tendencies and weaknesses). I suggested to him that the "over" 1H was a unique situation where the pace of LIU was going to be up and down, not like Princeton, Murray or Airforce, the only teams that UNC failed to go over in the 1H by 12 points (in the 1H) or more in all of the postseason tournaments since 2002!

    Like I said previously, this tourney is its own gorilla, and subjective analysis is as important as my starting point numbers.

    However, your observations are in conjunction with my friend, who is a follower of NC on a daily basis, and has the pulse of this team on his fingertips.

    BOL

    Shirley

     
    TBallgame
    TBallgame
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 857
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 7:55 AM ET #20

    The 2 games w/Duke were complete aberrations.  FG & H, spreads & totals almost completely flip flopped.  I threw them both out when capping the FG & H, ATS & Totals.  Love NC gm 1H U 75- today.
    Reply
    The 2 games w/Duke were complete aberrations.  FG & H, spreads & totals almost completely flip flopped.  I threw them both out when capping the FG & H, ATS & Totals.  Love NC gm 1H U 75- today.
     
    Blue_Chips
    Blue_Chips
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 14091
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 9:24 AM ET #21

    Good morning!

    I'm still trying to understand your numbers and how to use them. Correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like UNC is your most solid play today. Is that correct?

    Reply

    Good morning!

    I'm still trying to understand your numbers and how to use them. Correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like UNC is your most solid play today. Is that correct?

     
    ghostfaceripper
    ghostfaceripper
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 2602
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 9:32 AM ET #22

    I think the 1h will be under too, think its gonna be a lot of running around, missing shots and nervousness. plus unc 1h has been horrid lately.  i wanna take unc (game) but no one likes it. reminds me of the byu game yesterday. everybody took zags.......
    All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy
    Reply
    I think the 1h will be under too, think its gonna be a lot of running around, missing shots and nervousness. plus unc 1h has been horrid lately.  i wanna take unc (game) but no one likes it. reminds me of the byu game yesterday. everybody took zags.......
     
    TBallgame
    TBallgame
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 857
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 9:52 AM ET #23

    I played Huskies + 5, hook, FG!  BOL all
    Reply
    I played Huskies + 5, hook, FG!  BOL all
     
    DOVJAK
    DOVJAK
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 26036
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 9:55 AM ET #24

    Reply
     
     
    shirley-jester
    shirley-jester
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 1511
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 10:19 AM ET #25

    Dovjak

    GhostfaceRipper

    Blue_Chips

    If you use my lines in conjunction with your own handicapping, a favorite is a choice if the line is 4 points from my line, and an underdog is a play at 3 points from my line. Best bets begin at 4 points. This was the wagering method used during the year on this site for college BB sides. You can go back and read my previous postings, and this will help you through "a day in the life" of a fulls days card. Personally, I am super conservative with my wagers, because this tournament is a 4th season for the college kids, and an entity all into its own. I limit my wagers to underdogs, to hopefully raise my win pct., and not to necessarily maximize wealth.

     Let me make something perfectly clear, although my selectivity may seem a bit conservative, when I make a personal play, I'm pretty sure I have the best of it, and wager aggresively on these games, albeit never risking more than 1% of my gambling bankroll on any one game. Over time if you have an edge, your bankroll will continue to grow, and ultimatley double time and time again.

    Shirley

    Reply

    Dovjak

    GhostfaceRipper

    Blue_Chips

    If you use my lines in conjunction with your own handicapping, a favorite is a choice if the line is 4 points from my line, and an underdog is a play at 3 points from my line. Best bets begin at 4 points. This was the wagering method used during the year on this site for college BB sides. You can go back and read my previous postings, and this will help you through "a day in the life" of a fulls days card. Personally, I am super conservative with my wagers, because this tournament is a 4th season for the college kids, and an entity all into its own. I limit my wagers to underdogs, to hopefully raise my win pct., and not to necessarily maximize wealth.

     Let me make something perfectly clear, although my selectivity may seem a bit conservative, when I make a personal play, I'm pretty sure I have the best of it, and wager aggresively on these games, albeit never risking more than 1% of my gambling bankroll on any one game. Over time if you have an edge, your bankroll will continue to grow, and ultimatley double time and time again.

    Shirley

    All Forums | College Basketball
    1234 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Monday 10/05/2026 694
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,275
    • PART DEUX 187
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,728
    • Falcons vs Saints in-game live MNF 1,784
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,809
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 9,657
    • ***Macwesties * Mon. Oct. 05, 2026 * Week #4 * MNF * NFL Football Play*** 3,121
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,609
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 17,717

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.