I think Atlanta's flexibility can go a long way towards winning the East this season. Not sure they can beat either Minnesota or Phoenix; and I certainly doubt Schimmel can get them over the hump. If anyone, it's Hayes or Thomas who must play their absolute best to complement the Big 3. Shoni's fun to watch but she is no Maya Moore. Her ASG appearance was totally racist.
I think Atlanta's flexibility can go a long way towards winning the East this season. Not sure they can beat either Minnesota or Phoenix; and I certainly doubt Schimmel can get them over the hump. If anyone, it's Hayes or Thomas who must play their absolute best to complement the Big 3. Shoni's fun to watch but she is no Maya Moore. Her ASG appearance was totally racist.
High-intensity game with lots of shoving is what I expect. Moderately paced and chippy. The exact opposite of an All-Star Game. Wouldn't be surprised if Shoni gets embarrassed by the Lynx defense. Almost certain Celine will.
$103/100 Under 162.5 Atlanta @ Minnesota
High-intensity game with lots of shoving is what I expect. Moderately paced and chippy. The exact opposite of an All-Star Game. Wouldn't be surprised if Shoni gets embarrassed by the Lynx defense. Almost certain Celine will.
- Rosters are comparably awesome. Minnesota is better with both Augustus and Brunson in the lineup, but equal in my mind as they line up today.
- Both teams can make enough three pointers to keep the opposing defense honest. It may come down to which post player is able to make heads up plays more consistently.
- My bet is that Brunson will not be a liability on offense (she won't score more than 6-8 points but she only needs to score once or twice to start drawing double teams.... more importantly she will get a couple offensive rebounds which will be golden in a tight game) and will make life hell for Atlanta cutters. If de Souza outplays Minnesota bigs, I'm in trouble.
- Maya Moore is better than Angel McCoughtry. Any backcourt player on Minnesota roster is better than Dumerc or Ajavon.
- When things go wrong, I'd rather depend on an on-point timeout from Reeve than the Dream assistant.
Minnesota - Atlanta notes:
- Rosters are comparably awesome. Minnesota is better with both Augustus and Brunson in the lineup, but equal in my mind as they line up today.
- Both teams can make enough three pointers to keep the opposing defense honest. It may come down to which post player is able to make heads up plays more consistently.
- My bet is that Brunson will not be a liability on offense (she won't score more than 6-8 points but she only needs to score once or twice to start drawing double teams.... more importantly she will get a couple offensive rebounds which will be golden in a tight game) and will make life hell for Atlanta cutters. If de Souza outplays Minnesota bigs, I'm in trouble.
- Maya Moore is better than Angel McCoughtry. Any backcourt player on Minnesota roster is better than Dumerc or Ajavon.
- When things go wrong, I'd rather depend on an on-point timeout from Reeve than the Dream assistant.