• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Website Promotions

    WEEK 9 - NFL Breakdown Sheets

    123 ... 101112 Next Last»
    si1ly
    thuagame
    rambosdad
    Numero_Uno
    GiLmo574
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 74578
    Posts: 282
    123 ... 101112 Next Last»
     
    si1ly
    si1ly
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 12061
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2012 - 10:25 AM ET #1



    COPY & PASTE THE LINK BELOW:

    https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B8gd-be68XCvWVdnX2Etd1FtRjA/edit






    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.


    COPY & PASTE THE LINK BELOW:

    https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B8gd-be68XCvWVdnX2Etd1FtRjA/edit






     
    si1ly
    si1ly
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 12061
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2012 - 10:26 AM ET #2

    Quantitative Power Rankings:

    #01 San Francisco 49ers
    #02 Denver Broncos
    #03 Houston Texans
    #04 Chicago Bears
    #05 New England Patriots
    #06 Seattle Seahawks
    #07 Green Bay Packers
    #08 New York Giants
    #09 Arizona Cardinals
    #10 Washington Redskins
    #11 Atlanta Falcons
    #12 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    #13 Miami Dolphins
    #14 Baltimore Ravens
    #15 Minnesota Vikings
    #16 Detroit Lions
    #17 Dallas Cowboys
    #18 Pittsburgh Steelers
    #18 St. Louis Rams
    #20 Carolina Panthers
    #21 New York Jets
    #22 Philadelphia Eagles
    #23 San Diego Chargers
    #24 Cincinnati Bengals
    #25 Oakland Raiders
    #26 Cleveland Browns
    #27 New Orleans Saints
    #28 Tennessee Titans
    #29 Jacksonville Jaguars
    #30 Buffalo Bills
    #31 Indianapolis Colts
    #32 Kansas City Chiefs

    Reply
    Quantitative Power Rankings:

    #01 San Francisco 49ers
    #02 Denver Broncos
    #03 Houston Texans
    #04 Chicago Bears
    #05 New England Patriots
    #06 Seattle Seahawks
    #07 Green Bay Packers
    #08 New York Giants
    #09 Arizona Cardinals
    #10 Washington Redskins
    #11 Atlanta Falcons
    #12 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    #13 Miami Dolphins
    #14 Baltimore Ravens
    #15 Minnesota Vikings
    #16 Detroit Lions
    #17 Dallas Cowboys
    #18 Pittsburgh Steelers
    #18 St. Louis Rams
    #20 Carolina Panthers
    #21 New York Jets
    #22 Philadelphia Eagles
    #23 San Diego Chargers
    #24 Cincinnati Bengals
    #25 Oakland Raiders
    #26 Cleveland Browns
    #27 New Orleans Saints
    #28 Tennessee Titans
    #29 Jacksonville Jaguars
    #30 Buffalo Bills
    #31 Indianapolis Colts
    #32 Kansas City Chiefs

     
    si1ly
    si1ly
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 12061
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2012 - 10:29 AM ET #3

    Databases are fully updated.  I will be periodically running and publishing this week's sheets as I find time during the day today.  At first glance I'm liking a lot of favorites.  Hopefully that's a good sign as the market shifts away from it's current rate of cashing underdogs blindly at 61% (70-45 on the season).  I would even consider endorsing a blind bet on all the favorites this week... well maybe not... let's see what the data says...

    Reply
    Databases are fully updated.  I will be periodically running and publishing this week's sheets as I find time during the day today.  At first glance I'm liking a lot of favorites.  Hopefully that's a good sign as the market shifts away from it's current rate of cashing underdogs blindly at 61% (70-45 on the season).  I would even consider endorsing a blind bet on all the favorites this week... well maybe not... let's see what the data says...

     
    thuagame
    thuagame
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 10
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2012 - 10:51 AM ET #4

    Quote Originally Posted by si1ly:

    Databases are fully updated.  I will be periodically running and publishing this week's sheets as I find time during the day today.  At first glance I'm liking a lot of favorites.  Hopefully that's a good sign as the market shifts away from it's current rate of cashing underdogs blindly at 61% (70-45 on the season).  I would even consider endorsing a blind bet on all the favorites this week... well maybe not... let's see what the data says...
    thanks ,but somehow i can only see KC- SanDiego game
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by si1ly:

    Databases are fully updated.  I will be periodically running and publishing this week's sheets as I find time during the day today.  At first glance I'm liking a lot of favorites.  Hopefully that's a good sign as the market shifts away from it's current rate of cashing underdogs blindly at 61% (70-45 on the season).  I would even consider endorsing a blind bet on all the favorites this week... well maybe not... let's see what the data says...
    thanks ,but somehow i can only see KC- SanDiego game
     
    thuagame
    thuagame
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 10
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2012 - 10:57 AM ET #5

    sorry Si1ly, but i can only see 1 game KC-SD. thanks
    Reply
    sorry Si1ly, but i can only see 1 game KC-SD. thanks
     
    rambosdad
    rambosdad
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 6
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2012 - 11:05 AM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by si1ly:

     I will be periodically running and publishing this week's sheets as I find time during the day today. 

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by si1ly:

     I will be periodically running and publishing this week's sheets as I find time during the day today. 

     
    si1ly
    si1ly
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 12061
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2012 - 11:27 AM ET #7

    I cruised through the sheets this morning, so they're all up there.  Definitely liking a lot of favorites this week.
    Reply
    I cruised through the sheets this morning, so they're all up there.  Definitely liking a lot of favorites this week.
     
    Numero_Uno
    Numero_Uno
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2010
    Posts: 606
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2012 - 11:32 AM ET #8

    Agree on the favorites.  I feel like I must be missing something, but I absolutely love Atlanta in this spot.  I have to imagine Dallas is a bit deflated after that tough lose to the Giants and Atlanta is really strong at home.  The one dog I do like (and it looks like your spreadsheet supports this) is the Bucs.
    Reply
    Agree on the favorites.  I feel like I must be missing something, but I absolutely love Atlanta in this spot.  I have to imagine Dallas is a bit deflated after that tough lose to the Giants and Atlanta is really strong at home.  The one dog I do like (and it looks like your spreadsheet supports this) is the Bucs.
     
    GiLmo574
    GiLmo574
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 21804
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2012 - 11:33 AM ET #9

    Reply
     
    si1ly
    si1ly
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 12061
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2012 - 11:41 AM ET #10

    I wish I could run a sheet on Bama - LSU this weekend... because it's freaking ridiculous that Bama is -9.5 point favorites on the road in death valley against a team that is 5-0 at home and 7-1 on the season who by the way ranks #5 in the country.  Got to imagine that there's line value on LSU, but you never know.. Bama is unreal.
    Reply
    I wish I could run a sheet on Bama - LSU this weekend... because it's freaking ridiculous that Bama is -9.5 point favorites on the road in death valley against a team that is 5-0 at home and 7-1 on the season who by the way ranks #5 in the country.  Got to imagine that there's line value on LSU, but you never know.. Bama is unreal.
     
    BadGnOmens
    BadGnOmens
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 1335
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2012 - 11:44 AM ET #11

    Hey si1ly,
    Really appreciate the time you put into making all this data and putting it out for everyone to benifit. THANK YOU.....

    That being said I cannot view any of the files, get to the page and it says the games but then "no description" next to them and when you click on the games its blank inside.... This was the case for last weeks games as well... Do you know if it is a problem with safari or using a mac? Just wondering if you have had other people with same issue..... Thanks again..
    Reply
    Hey si1ly,
    Really appreciate the time you put into making all this data and putting it out for everyone to benifit. THANK YOU.....

    That being said I cannot view any of the files, get to the page and it says the games but then "no description" next to them and when you click on the games its blank inside.... This was the case for last weeks games as well... Do you know if it is a problem with safari or using a mac? Just wondering if you have had other people with same issue..... Thanks again..
     
    BadGnOmens
    BadGnOmens
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 1335
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2012 - 11:47 AM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by si1ly:

    I wish I could run a sheet on Bama - LSU this weekend... because it's freaking ridiculous that Bama is -9.5 point favorites on the road in death valley against a team that is 5-0 at home and 7-1 on the season who by the way ranks #5 in the country.  Got to imagine that there's line value on LSU, but you never know.. Bama is unreal.

    Game scares me a bit though because LSU is Bama without an offense...... Even at home don't see how that gets em points against best D in FBS..... All that being said I don't like 9.5 either but am certainly going to enjoy a nice Under bet on this game, gonna be brutal to watch as humans are crushed beneath 2 meat grinders
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by si1ly:

    I wish I could run a sheet on Bama - LSU this weekend... because it's freaking ridiculous that Bama is -9.5 point favorites on the road in death valley against a team that is 5-0 at home and 7-1 on the season who by the way ranks #5 in the country.  Got to imagine that there's line value on LSU, but you never know.. Bama is unreal.

    Game scares me a bit though because LSU is Bama without an offense...... Even at home don't see how that gets em points against best D in FBS..... All that being said I don't like 9.5 either but am certainly going to enjoy a nice Under bet on this game, gonna be brutal to watch as humans are crushed beneath 2 meat grinders
     
    si1ly
    si1ly
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 12061
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2012 - 11:53 AM ET #13

    Favorites that I'm looking at:

    KC @ SD
    CHI @ TEN
    DEN @ CIN
    BUF @ HOU
    PIT @ NYG
    DAL @ ATL

    Just have to decide if this is another week for parody?  Or is it time for the cream to rise to the top?  Look at it just in terms of power rankings:

    #32 @ #23
    #4 @ #28
    #2 @ #24
    #30 @ #3
    #18 @ #8
    #16 @ #11

    Looking at it this way and I'm tempted to throw out Atlanta right away.. despite the statistical line value.  Chicago, Denver and Houston look particularly good.  Giants and Chargers are both a little closer match-ups in terms of talent, but they both own home field.
    Reply
    Favorites that I'm looking at:

    KC @ SD
    CHI @ TEN
    DEN @ CIN
    BUF @ HOU
    PIT @ NYG
    DAL @ ATL

    Just have to decide if this is another week for parody?  Or is it time for the cream to rise to the top?  Look at it just in terms of power rankings:

    #32 @ #23
    #4 @ #28
    #2 @ #24
    #30 @ #3
    #18 @ #8
    #16 @ #11

    Looking at it this way and I'm tempted to throw out Atlanta right away.. despite the statistical line value.  Chicago, Denver and Houston look particularly good.  Giants and Chargers are both a little closer match-ups in terms of talent, but they both own home field.
     
    si1ly
    si1ly
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 12061
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2012 - 12:02 PM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by BadGnOmens:

    Hey si1ly,
    Really appreciate the time you put into making all this data and putting it out for everyone to benifit. THANK YOU.....

    That being said I cannot view any of the files, get to the page and it says the games but then "no description" next to them and when you click on the games its blank inside.... This was the case for last weeks games as well... Do you know if it is a problem with safari or using a mac? Just wondering if you have had other people with same issue..... Thanks again..

    The files are adobe PDF's hosted in a Google drive folder.  I don't have a mac so I don't know how safari handles them on a laptop or desktop.  My wife's iPad doesn't seem to have any issue opening them in Safari though.  Try downloading the Google chrome browser maybe?  Since I'm hosting in Google drive, I would think Google chrome would have the necessary plug-ins included to view the files.  Maybe you need an adobe reader downloaded?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BadGnOmens:

    Hey si1ly,
    Really appreciate the time you put into making all this data and putting it out for everyone to benifit. THANK YOU.....

    That being said I cannot view any of the files, get to the page and it says the games but then "no description" next to them and when you click on the games its blank inside.... This was the case for last weeks games as well... Do you know if it is a problem with safari or using a mac? Just wondering if you have had other people with same issue..... Thanks again..

    The files are adobe PDF's hosted in a Google drive folder.  I don't have a mac so I don't know how safari handles them on a laptop or desktop.  My wife's iPad doesn't seem to have any issue opening them in Safari though.  Try downloading the Google chrome browser maybe?  Since I'm hosting in Google drive, I would think Google chrome would have the necessary plug-ins included to view the files.  Maybe you need an adobe reader downloaded?
     
    doy15
    doy15
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2004
    Posts: 8055
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2012 - 12:10 PM ET #15

    Hi si1ly,

    When will you start posting in the Hoops Forum? :) Any leans for opening night tomorrow?
    Reply
    Hi si1ly,

    When will you start posting in the Hoops Forum? :) Any leans for opening night tomorrow?
     
    Slings
    Slings
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 11
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2012 - 12:10 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by si1ly:


    The files are adobe PDF's hosted in a Google drive folder.  I don't have a mac so I don't know how safari handles them on a laptop or desktop.  My wife's iPad doesn't seem to have any issue opening them in Safari though.  Try downloading the Google chrome browser maybe?  Since I'm hosting in Google drive, I would think Google chrome would have the necessary plug-ins included to view the files.  Maybe you need an adobe reader downloaded?

    I am on a macbook right now using safari, with adobe and am able to view them fine. Maybe check to make sure your adobe is installed ok.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by si1ly:


    The files are adobe PDF's hosted in a Google drive folder.  I don't have a mac so I don't know how safari handles them on a laptop or desktop.  My wife's iPad doesn't seem to have any issue opening them in Safari though.  Try downloading the Google chrome browser maybe?  Since I'm hosting in Google drive, I would think Google chrome would have the necessary plug-ins included to view the files.  Maybe you need an adobe reader downloaded?

    I am on a macbook right now using safari, with adobe and am able to view them fine. Maybe check to make sure your adobe is installed ok.
     
    FakeLogic
    FakeLogic
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 45
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2012 - 12:11 PM ET #17

    Your sheets also have a 6-point differential in the TB/OAK game (favoring TB).  Thoughts?  Why don't you have any interest in that one?

    Keep up the good work as always!
    Reply
    Your sheets also have a 6-point differential in the TB/OAK game (favoring TB).  Thoughts?  Why don't you have any interest in that one?

    Keep up the good work as always!
     
    si1ly
    si1ly
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 12061
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2012 - 12:27 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by FakeLogic:

    Your sheets also have a 6-point differential in the TB/OAK game (favoring TB).  Thoughts?  Why don't you have any interest in that one?

    Keep up the good work as always!

    I do, I was just highlighting favorites to start the thread.  It's a theme I'd like to discuss this week.

    I especially like how well Tampa defends the run.  Neutralizing Oakland's ground game and they're not left with much of an offense.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeLogic:

    Your sheets also have a 6-point differential in the TB/OAK game (favoring TB).  Thoughts?  Why don't you have any interest in that one?

    Keep up the good work as always!

    I do, I was just highlighting favorites to start the thread.  It's a theme I'd like to discuss this week.

    I especially like how well Tampa defends the run.  Neutralizing Oakland's ground game and they're not left with much of an offense.
     
    BadGnOmens
    BadGnOmens
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 1335
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2012 - 12:29 PM ET #19

    Downloaded chrome, works great, info looks great.... THANK YOU Si1ly!
    Reply
    Downloaded chrome, works great, info looks great.... THANK YOU Si1ly!
     
    si1ly
    si1ly
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 12061
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2012 - 12:34 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by doy15:

    Hi si1ly,

    When will you start posting in the Hoops Forum? :) Any leans for opening night tomorrow?

    I'll be over there in about a month.  I did a lot of research in the offseason and I made some changes to my models to reflect my findings.  I used to be a firm believer in the four factors, but it turns out that they don't mean shit.  It doesn't matter how well you rebound, or your turnover differential or your free throw rate.  One simple thing matters:  how well do you shoot and how well do you defend the shot.  Everything else is superficial.  Sure having fewer turnovers and having more rebounds can give you more possessions in a game and higher probability shot attempts.. but ultimately it still boils down to how well you convert those attempts and how well you prevent your opponent from converting them.  Basically, if you can determine which team will attempt the most high probability shots AND make a higher percentage of them then their opponent, you can cap a basketball game.  I've converted this simple finding into a mathematical model to predict these variables and determine an expected winning percentage and margin of victory from them.  I need at least a month of current season data to start drawing relevant conclusions.  I'll poke my head in from time to time until the sheets are ready, then I'll publish daily through May.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by doy15:

    Hi si1ly,

    When will you start posting in the Hoops Forum? :) Any leans for opening night tomorrow?

    I'll be over there in about a month.  I did a lot of research in the offseason and I made some changes to my models to reflect my findings.  I used to be a firm believer in the four factors, but it turns out that they don't mean shit.  It doesn't matter how well you rebound, or your turnover differential or your free throw rate.  One simple thing matters:  how well do you shoot and how well do you defend the shot.  Everything else is superficial.  Sure having fewer turnovers and having more rebounds can give you more possessions in a game and higher probability shot attempts.. but ultimately it still boils down to how well you convert those attempts and how well you prevent your opponent from converting them.  Basically, if you can determine which team will attempt the most high probability shots AND make a higher percentage of them then their opponent, you can cap a basketball game.  I've converted this simple finding into a mathematical model to predict these variables and determine an expected winning percentage and margin of victory from them.  I need at least a month of current season data to start drawing relevant conclusions.  I'll poke my head in from time to time until the sheets are ready, then I'll publish daily through May.
     
    r3coil
    r3coil
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2012
    Posts: 157
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2012 - 12:40 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by BadGnOmens:

    Downloaded chrome, works great, info looks great.... THANK YOU Si1ly!

    You probably need to clear your cache in Safari to get it working there. 

    Safari > Empty cache 

    Excited for NBA! 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BadGnOmens:

    Downloaded chrome, works great, info looks great.... THANK YOU Si1ly!

    You probably need to clear your cache in Safari to get it working there. 

    Safari > Empty cache 

    Excited for NBA! 
     
    cpsn
    cpsn
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 1120
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2012 - 12:48 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by si1ly:

    Favorites that I'm looking at:

    KC @ SD
    CHI @ TEN
    DEN @ CIN
    BUF @ HOU
    PIT @ NYG
    DAL @ ATL

    Just have to decide if this is another week for parody?  Or is it time for the cream to rise to the top?  Look at it just in terms of power rankings:

    #32 @ #23
    #4 @ #28
    #2 @ #24
    #30 @ #3
    #18 @ #8
    #16 @ #11

    Looking at it this way and I'm tempted to throw out Atlanta right away.. despite the statistical line value.  Chicago, Denver and Houston look particularly good.  Giants and Chargers are both a little closer match-ups in terms of talent, but they both own home field.

    i feel a lot better now

    early sunday i've locked in houston -9.5 for my biggest play of the year, as my raw numbers have houston winning by 22 and i figured the line should be around -14

    then i see houston re-open at -12.0 and it got immediately hammered down to -10.5 and now even -10.0
    i just don't get it.

    same goes for chicago
    i've locked them in at -4.5 and thought i made a nice deal as i have them winning by double digits
    next thing i see it get's bet down to -3.5

    i mean... seriously... what's there to like about buffalo and tennessee?!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by si1ly:

    Favorites that I'm looking at:

    KC @ SD
    CHI @ TEN
    DEN @ CIN
    BUF @ HOU
    PIT @ NYG
    DAL @ ATL

    Just have to decide if this is another week for parody?  Or is it time for the cream to rise to the top?  Look at it just in terms of power rankings:

    #32 @ #23
    #4 @ #28
    #2 @ #24
    #30 @ #3
    #18 @ #8
    #16 @ #11

    Looking at it this way and I'm tempted to throw out Atlanta right away.. despite the statistical line value.  Chicago, Denver and Houston look particularly good.  Giants and Chargers are both a little closer match-ups in terms of talent, but they both own home field.

    i feel a lot better now

    early sunday i've locked in houston -9.5 for my biggest play of the year, as my raw numbers have houston winning by 22 and i figured the line should be around -14

    then i see houston re-open at -12.0 and it got immediately hammered down to -10.5 and now even -10.0
    i just don't get it.

    same goes for chicago
    i've locked them in at -4.5 and thought i made a nice deal as i have them winning by double digits
    next thing i see it get's bet down to -3.5

    i mean... seriously... what's there to like about buffalo and tennessee?!
     
    BJaRz
    BJaRz
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 2410
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2012 - 12:51 PM ET #23

    Reply
     
    si1ly
    si1ly
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 12061
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2012 - 12:56 PM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by cpsn:


    i feel a lot better now

    early sunday i've locked in houston -9.5 for my biggest play of the year, as my raw numbers have houston winning by 22 and i figured the line should be around -14

    then i see houston re-open at -12.0 and it got immediately hammered down to -10.5 and now even -10.0
    i just don't get it.

    same goes for chicago
    i've locked them in at -4.5 and thought i made a nice deal as i have them winning by double digits
    next thing i see it get's bet down to -3.5

    i mean... seriously... what's there to like about buffalo and tennessee?!

    Next to nothing.  #30th ranked team and the #28th ranked team both playing top 5 competition. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by cpsn:


    i feel a lot better now

    early sunday i've locked in houston -9.5 for my biggest play of the year, as my raw numbers have houston winning by 22 and i figured the line should be around -14

    then i see houston re-open at -12.0 and it got immediately hammered down to -10.5 and now even -10.0
    i just don't get it.

    same goes for chicago
    i've locked them in at -4.5 and thought i made a nice deal as i have them winning by double digits
    next thing i see it get's bet down to -3.5

    i mean... seriously... what's there to like about buffalo and tennessee?!

    Next to nothing.  #30th ranked team and the #28th ranked team both playing top 5 competition. 
     
     
    Biscuit
    Biscuit
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2007
    Posts: 2409
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2012 - 12:56 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by si1ly:

    I cruised through the sheets this morning, so they're all up there.  Definitely liking a lot of favorites this week.


    Nice work 

    I really like the pups in the last 2 games, but I'd bet you'd have a good week if you played all faves up until Sunday Night

    GL
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by si1ly:

    I cruised through the sheets this morning, so they're all up there.  Definitely liking a lot of favorites this week.


    Nice work 

    I really like the pups in the last 2 games, but I'd bet you'd have a good week if you played all faves up until Sunday Night

    GL
    All Forums | Website Promotions
    123 ... 101112 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,673
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,315
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,051
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,772
    • MLB Playoffs 5,413
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,448
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 5,694
    • **$$$ MD Saturday 10/3 $$$** 7,359
    • Sunday nFl Wk 4 6,127
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,298

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.