I have an old operating system on my laptop and Microsoft Security Essentials sent me a notice that in 12 days it will no longer support Windows XP. What other free protection can I use that will support Windows XP? Or how can I update my windows without having to buy it.
Thank you
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
I have an old operating system on my laptop and Microsoft Security Essentials sent me a notice that in 12 days it will no longer support Windows XP. What other free protection can I use that will support Windows XP? Or how can I update my windows without having to buy it.
If you are using Windows XP, you are not protected regardless of whatever antivirus/antimalware solution so you are using. XP is old and has reached end-of-life, and isn't getting anymore patches. There are already some exploits in the wild that will never be patched -- bite the bullet and upgrade. Windows 7 is quite nice Spend $200 and add a Solid State Harddrive and some extra memory and it will run like a champ.
If you are using Windows XP, you are not protected regardless of whatever antivirus/antimalware solution so you are using. XP is old and has reached end-of-life, and isn't getting anymore patches. There are already some exploits in the wild that will never be patched -- bite the bullet and upgrade. Windows 7 is quite nice Spend $200 and add a Solid State Harddrive and some extra memory and it will run like a champ.
Sir, if I were you, there are a lots of free operating system scattered on the web. Anytime you can change the OS that you're using. No offense sir but I haven't heard anyone still using Windows XP until today.
Sir, if I were you, there are a lots of free operating system scattered on the web. Anytime you can change the OS that you're using. No offense sir but I haven't heard anyone still using Windows XP until today.