• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Systems & Strategies

    117 days and counting until....

    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»
    jerry18
    JEFFTHEHAT
    Bart_
    Mklink23
    gratefulbets
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 15528
    Posts: 141
    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»
     
    jerry18
    jerry18
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 94
    Posted: Jan. 23, 2014 - 7:07 PM ET #51

    hey just one question, will play be posted early enough for us that are from Europe since EST time is 6 hours behind central eastern time.
    thanks
    Reply
    hey just one question, will play be posted early enough for us that are from Europe since EST time is 6 hours behind central eastern time.
    thanks
     
    JEFFTHEHAT
    JEFFTHEHAT
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2010
    Posts: 3843
    Posted: Jan. 23, 2014 - 7:24 PM ET #52

    Quote Originally Posted by gratefulbets:

    That's some good back testing.
    With that much historical data, I'd guess you could find (or know) the series with the worst case chase scenario of how many units were required to net one unit.  I may be wrong but with multiple series being chased at once, and chasing up to 6 places, a bettor might need 100's of units just to keep multiple games in action, not including the entire bankroll. 
    How many units do you anticipate you'll need for your bankroll?








    Grateful this is true, I'm thinking the best way to attack this until enough units are built up might be an aggressive labby after a (C) game? This system has 2 parts the second part is betting the -1.5 RL for a .5 unit or so. Those are hitting at 75%+ any betting strategy thoughts are welcome. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by gratefulbets:

    That's some good back testing.
    With that much historical data, I'd guess you could find (or know) the series with the worst case chase scenario of how many units were required to net one unit.  I may be wrong but with multiple series being chased at once, and chasing up to 6 places, a bettor might need 100's of units just to keep multiple games in action, not including the entire bankroll. 
    How many units do you anticipate you'll need for your bankroll?








    Grateful this is true, I'm thinking the best way to attack this until enough units are built up might be an aggressive labby after a (C) game? This system has 2 parts the second part is betting the -1.5 RL for a .5 unit or so. Those are hitting at 75%+ any betting strategy thoughts are welcome. 
     
    JEFFTHEHAT
    JEFFTHEHAT
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2010
    Posts: 3843
    Posted: Jan. 23, 2014 - 7:27 PM ET #53

    Quote Originally Posted by jerry18:

    hey just one question, will play be posted early enough for us that are from Europe since EST time is 6 hours behind central eastern time.
    thanks

    I will try to have plays posted by 10 A.M west coast time on a 4 o'clock start. If there are early games I'll try to post night before. I'll do my best to make sure everyone has time to see. 

    The Hat
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry18:

    hey just one question, will play be posted early enough for us that are from Europe since EST time is 6 hours behind central eastern time.
    thanks

    I will try to have plays posted by 10 A.M west coast time on a 4 o'clock start. If there are early games I'll try to post night before. I'll do my best to make sure everyone has time to see. 

    The Hat
     
    jerry18
    jerry18
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 94
    Posted: Jan. 23, 2014 - 7:31 PM ET #54

    Quote Originally Posted by JEFFTHEHAT:


    I will try to have plays posted by 10 A.M west coast time on a 4 o'clock start. If there are early games I'll try to post night before. I'll do my best to make sure everyone has time to see. 

    The Hat

    excellent, I appreciate that a lot 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JEFFTHEHAT:


    I will try to have plays posted by 10 A.M west coast time on a 4 o'clock start. If there are early games I'll try to post night before. I'll do my best to make sure everyone has time to see. 

    The Hat

    excellent, I appreciate that a lot 
     
    jerry18
    jerry18
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 94
    Posted: Jan. 23, 2014 - 7:33 PM ET #55

    Quote Originally Posted by jerry18:

    hey just one question, will play be posted early enough for us that are from Europe since EST time is 6 hours behind central eastern time.
    thanks

    oh and I meant central european time not eastern :) but you probably figured it that out :)
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry18:

    hey just one question, will play be posted early enough for us that are from Europe since EST time is 6 hours behind central eastern time.
    thanks

    oh and I meant central european time not eastern :) but you probably figured it that out :)
     
    Bart_
    Bart_
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2008
    Posts: 3549
    Posted: Jan. 23, 2014 - 10:13 PM ET #56

    Quote Originally Posted by JEFFTHEHAT:


    Grateful this is true, I'm thinking the best way to attack this until enough units are built up might be an aggressive labby after a (C) game? This system has 2 parts the second part is betting the -1.5 RL for a .5 unit or so. Those are hitting at 75%+ any betting strategy thoughts are welcome. 

    So start with Martingale for A, B & C? 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JEFFTHEHAT:


    Grateful this is true, I'm thinking the best way to attack this until enough units are built up might be an aggressive labby after a (C) game? This system has 2 parts the second part is betting the -1.5 RL for a .5 unit or so. Those are hitting at 75%+ any betting strategy thoughts are welcome. 

    So start with Martingale for A, B & C? 
     
    JEFFTHEHAT
    JEFFTHEHAT
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2010
    Posts: 3843
    Posted: Jan. 23, 2014 - 10:54 PM ET #57

    [Quote: Originally Posted by Bart_]

    So start with Martingale for A, B & C? 
    [/Quote

    That's what I will do
    Reply
    [Quote: Originally Posted by Bart_]

    So start with Martingale for A, B & C? 
    [/Quote

    That's what I will do
     
    Mklink23
    Mklink23
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2014
    Posts: 8
    Posted: Jan. 23, 2014 - 11:05 PM ET #58

    Apologies for being the "new guy" asking a random question but.. if anyone is willing to share some guidance .. what's the best online sportsbook to use for US players?

    I'm using topbet right now and haven't had many issues although I did receive a check that bounced from them back in May.

    Thanks in advance and the system sounds like it'll be a good one.
    Reply
    Apologies for being the "new guy" asking a random question but.. if anyone is willing to share some guidance .. what's the best online sportsbook to use for US players?

    I'm using topbet right now and haven't had many issues although I did receive a check that bounced from them back in May.

    Thanks in advance and the system sounds like it'll be a good one.
     
    JEFFTHEHAT
    JEFFTHEHAT
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2010
    Posts: 3843
    Posted: Jan. 23, 2014 - 11:12 PM ET #59

    Quote Originally Posted by Mklink23:

    Apologies for being the "new guy" asking a random question but.. if anyone is willing to share some guidance .. what's the best online sportsbook to use for US players?

    I'm using topbet right now and haven't had many issues although I did receive a check that bounced from them back in May.

    Thanks in advance and the system sounds like it'll be a good one.

    I use 5 dimes and Bet DSI for starters
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Mklink23:

    Apologies for being the "new guy" asking a random question but.. if anyone is willing to share some guidance .. what's the best online sportsbook to use for US players?

    I'm using topbet right now and haven't had many issues although I did receive a check that bounced from them back in May.

    Thanks in advance and the system sounds like it'll be a good one.

    I use 5 dimes and Bet DSI for starters
     
    Mklink23
    Mklink23
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2014
    Posts: 8
    Posted: Jan. 23, 2014 - 11:53 PM ET #60

    Thank you sir
    Reply
    Thank you sir
     
    gratefulbets
    gratefulbets
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2004
    Posts: 5547
    Posted: Jan. 24, 2014 - 3:37 PM ET #61

    Jeff,
    I don't have much advice to offer with Martingale strategy. You seem to have the basics well in hand, so I hope you can make it work. 
    I got into sports betting through baseball back in the 80's. I spent 3 summers in Vegas betting baseball for all of each season of 87, 88, and 89. In 87 I flew to Vegas from Fla. with the notion of betting in a Martingale style. I knew nothing about professional sports, other than being a casual fan, and had never placed a bet on sports. I stayed at the Las Vegas Hilton for 2 weeks and then moved into the Rivera for 2 months, and then finally found a condo to rent by the week/month. My bankroll was about 15k so I started betting $100-2,000 per play, and many plays each day. Remember, no computer and no experience so I was making every mistake a novice bettor could make. My first week in mid April I was up $2k, so I thought I was really on to something. Over the next 4 months I proceeded to lose steadily. I would work every day for hours trying to figure out how to beat the book with their lines but it always came down to breaking even, or losing a little because of the vig. In Sept. I finally started to learn and implement some basic baseball handicapping ideas  and the losing stopped immediately, I did not win, but I stopped losing. At the end of that season I totaled up all of my bets: $235,000 total bets placed, $13,500 lost. 

    The next season I returned  to LV with the hopes of getting better at handicapping. After being there a month I heard that there was a free baseball handicapping seminar offered every Tuesday night for 2 hours above one of the smaller casinos. That was an amazing experience. It was run by Bob McCune and Lem Banker, and each week they would usually have a prominent guest speaker from the world of sports handicapping. It lasted for a few months or so, and then they switched over to football handicapping, which did not interest me at the time. I did not lose that year and even made a little to supplement my expenses, but I was now only betting $50-$200 per game. That was the only year that they offered a handicapping seminar…about 15-20 guys showed up each week. 
    The next season I met a guy there that was selling a weekly baseball update with all of the current stats, and he would overnight them on Thursday to his subscribers around the country so they would have them before the weekend series  He had a computer, using the old cumbersome DAS system, and he would run different stats for me which I would then back test for results. The problem with this was he would almost always  made a mistake somewhere in his programming every week,  and I would usually find one or more inconsistencies when I was back testing. So that was frustrating for both of us. So that season ended in late Aug. for me.  I got on with my life and career, and I stopped baseball handicapping until 2004, when I became a little computer savy, found Covers, and could bet online. 
    So it was the Martingale idea for baseball that got me into sports betting, but I hope my football systems will fund my retirement . 
    I'll be keeping a close eye on your baseball system.  The best of luck to you. 
    Reply
    Jeff,
    I don't have much advice to offer with Martingale strategy. You seem to have the basics well in hand, so I hope you can make it work. 
    I got into sports betting through baseball back in the 80's. I spent 3 summers in Vegas betting baseball for all of each season of 87, 88, and 89. In 87 I flew to Vegas from Fla. with the notion of betting in a Martingale style. I knew nothing about professional sports, other than being a casual fan, and had never placed a bet on sports. I stayed at the Las Vegas Hilton for 2 weeks and then moved into the Rivera for 2 months, and then finally found a condo to rent by the week/month. My bankroll was about 15k so I started betting $100-2,000 per play, and many plays each day. Remember, no computer and no experience so I was making every mistake a novice bettor could make. My first week in mid April I was up $2k, so I thought I was really on to something. Over the next 4 months I proceeded to lose steadily. I would work every day for hours trying to figure out how to beat the book with their lines but it always came down to breaking even, or losing a little because of the vig. In Sept. I finally started to learn and implement some basic baseball handicapping ideas  and the losing stopped immediately, I did not win, but I stopped losing. At the end of that season I totaled up all of my bets: $235,000 total bets placed, $13,500 lost. 

    The next season I returned  to LV with the hopes of getting better at handicapping. After being there a month I heard that there was a free baseball handicapping seminar offered every Tuesday night for 2 hours above one of the smaller casinos. That was an amazing experience. It was run by Bob McCune and Lem Banker, and each week they would usually have a prominent guest speaker from the world of sports handicapping. It lasted for a few months or so, and then they switched over to football handicapping, which did not interest me at the time. I did not lose that year and even made a little to supplement my expenses, but I was now only betting $50-$200 per game. That was the only year that they offered a handicapping seminar…about 15-20 guys showed up each week. 
    The next season I met a guy there that was selling a weekly baseball update with all of the current stats, and he would overnight them on Thursday to his subscribers around the country so they would have them before the weekend series  He had a computer, using the old cumbersome DAS system, and he would run different stats for me which I would then back test for results. The problem with this was he would almost always  made a mistake somewhere in his programming every week,  and I would usually find one or more inconsistencies when I was back testing. So that was frustrating for both of us. So that season ended in late Aug. for me.  I got on with my life and career, and I stopped baseball handicapping until 2004, when I became a little computer savy, found Covers, and could bet online. 
    So it was the Martingale idea for baseball that got me into sports betting, but I hope my football systems will fund my retirement . 
    I'll be keeping a close eye on your baseball system.  The best of luck to you. 
     
    Fanch
    Fanch
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 81
    Posted: Jan. 24, 2014 - 6:07 PM ET #62

    What are the bankroll mgmt. suggestions for this system?
    Reply
    What are the bankroll mgmt. suggestions for this system?
     
    Bart_
    Bart_
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2008
    Posts: 3549
    Posted: Jan. 24, 2014 - 6:37 PM ET #63

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanch:

    What are the bankroll mgmt. suggestions for this system?

    See posts 52 & 57. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanch:

    What are the bankroll mgmt. suggestions for this system?

    See posts 52 & 57. 
     
    jdjohnson2009
    jdjohnson2009
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 3
    Posted: Jan. 24, 2014 - 7:39 PM ET #64

    I'm planning on using a bankroll of 500 I know its not much but I would like to see how the system does and maybe make some money before I invest more into it. Now I was planning on doing the Martingale for A,B and C and my initial bet would be $10. I'm a big numbers person so I really don't see any problem but I usual bet NFL and NCAAF not baseball. So if anyone has any ideas I'm open to hear them.

    Thanks
    Reply
    I'm planning on using a bankroll of 500 I know its not much but I would like to see how the system does and maybe make some money before I invest more into it. Now I was planning on doing the Martingale for A,B and C and my initial bet would be $10. I'm a big numbers person so I really don't see any problem but I usual bet NFL and NCAAF not baseball. So if anyone has any ideas I'm open to hear them.

    Thanks
     
    jerry18
    jerry18
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 94
    Posted: Jan. 24, 2014 - 8:50 PM ET #65

    Quote Originally Posted by jdjohnson2009:

    I'm planning on using a bankroll of 500 I know its not much but I would like to see how the system does and maybe make some money before I invest more into it. Now I was planning on doing the Martingale for A,B and C and my initial bet would be $10. I'm a big numbers person so I really don't see any problem but I usual bet NFL and NCAAF not baseball. So if anyone has any ideas I'm open to hear them.

    Thanks

    I think 500$ bankroll for a 10 $ bet is too small. Last season I played RPI system which was 3 game chase  and 1 unit was worth 2.5% of bankroll. I can tell you I lost bout 10 yrs of my life when we went to 3rd game because I was betting too high %. I will now bet 0.5% of my bankroll.
    Just my opinion  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jdjohnson2009:

    I'm planning on using a bankroll of 500 I know its not much but I would like to see how the system does and maybe make some money before I invest more into it. Now I was planning on doing the Martingale for A,B and C and my initial bet would be $10. I'm a big numbers person so I really don't see any problem but I usual bet NFL and NCAAF not baseball. So if anyone has any ideas I'm open to hear them.

    Thanks

    I think 500$ bankroll for a 10 $ bet is too small. Last season I played RPI system which was 3 game chase  and 1 unit was worth 2.5% of bankroll. I can tell you I lost bout 10 yrs of my life when we went to 3rd game because I was betting too high %. I will now bet 0.5% of my bankroll.
    Just my opinion  
     
    gratefulbets
    gratefulbets
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2004
    Posts: 5547
    Posted: Jan. 25, 2014 - 3:29 AM ET #66

    Quote Originally Posted by jerry18:


    I think 500$ bankroll for a 10 $ bet is too small. Last season I played RPI system which was 3 game chase  and 1 unit was worth 2.5% of bankroll. I can tell you I lost bout 10 yrs of my life when we went to 3rd game because I was betting too high %. I will now bet 0.5% of my bankroll.
    Just my opinion  

    I agree…if you are betting multiple games you need to have a bankroll large enough to sustain those chases. That's only 50 units and you may need to have much more than that in play at any one time. This system may not fail, but you can't fail the system by not having the resources, or the nerve, to put it on the line. I would agree that a 200 unit bankroll might be necessary. 
    The minimum bet at 5Dimes is $5, so you'd need $1,000 bankroll minimum to begin. 

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry18:


    I think 500$ bankroll for a 10 $ bet is too small. Last season I played RPI system which was 3 game chase  and 1 unit was worth 2.5% of bankroll. I can tell you I lost bout 10 yrs of my life when we went to 3rd game because I was betting too high %. I will now bet 0.5% of my bankroll.
    Just my opinion  

    I agree…if you are betting multiple games you need to have a bankroll large enough to sustain those chases. That's only 50 units and you may need to have much more than that in play at any one time. This system may not fail, but you can't fail the system by not having the resources, or the nerve, to put it on the line. I would agree that a 200 unit bankroll might be necessary. 
    The minimum bet at 5Dimes is $5, so you'd need $1,000 bankroll minimum to begin. 

     
    Kababayan
    Kababayan
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2012
    Posts: 114
    Posted: Jan. 25, 2014 - 12:32 PM ET #67

    Quote Originally Posted by gratefulbets:


    I agree…if you are betting multiple games you need to have a bankroll large enough to sustain those chases. That's only 50 units and you may need to have much more than that in play at any one time. This system may not fail, but you can't fail the system by not having the resources, or the nerve, to put it on the line. I would agree that a 200 unit bankroll might be necessary. 
    The minimum bet at 5Dimes is $5, so you'd need $1,000 bankroll minimum to begin. 



    If someone hasn't had much experience with a chase system with multiple games, I would suggest a 400 unit bankroll. It may seem like a lot, but you may have multiple open series going on at the same time.  There may be a couple open 5-game series, a few 3 and 4 game open series, and multiple 2-game open series.  That all adds up.  Once an open  series gets to 4 games, especially at high juice, it's easy to consider bailing out and giving up on the whole thing.  Knowing that sports investing is a marathon and not a sprint (sorry about the cliche) it sure does make it easier to sleep at night when you don't have 1/2 of your bankroll on one open series.  As you win, you can increase your bet size, but the worst is getting too scared to continue a chase, give up, and then see that at the end of the season you would have been up a lot if you had stuck with it.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by gratefulbets:


    I agree…if you are betting multiple games you need to have a bankroll large enough to sustain those chases. That's only 50 units and you may need to have much more than that in play at any one time. This system may not fail, but you can't fail the system by not having the resources, or the nerve, to put it on the line. I would agree that a 200 unit bankroll might be necessary. 
    The minimum bet at 5Dimes is $5, so you'd need $1,000 bankroll minimum to begin. 



    If someone hasn't had much experience with a chase system with multiple games, I would suggest a 400 unit bankroll. It may seem like a lot, but you may have multiple open series going on at the same time.  There may be a couple open 5-game series, a few 3 and 4 game open series, and multiple 2-game open series.  That all adds up.  Once an open  series gets to 4 games, especially at high juice, it's easy to consider bailing out and giving up on the whole thing.  Knowing that sports investing is a marathon and not a sprint (sorry about the cliche) it sure does make it easier to sleep at night when you don't have 1/2 of your bankroll on one open series.  As you win, you can increase your bet size, but the worst is getting too scared to continue a chase, give up, and then see that at the end of the season you would have been up a lot if you had stuck with it.

     
    Danrules24
    Danrules24
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2012
    Posts: 5921
    Posted: Jan. 25, 2014 - 2:42 PM ET #68

    Lots of talk about bankroll for this system and some really good advice. Another thing to consider is if you are going to play any other systems. I will probably be in on 4 systems for baseball this year so I will dedicate 1/4 of my bankroll to each system and set my betting units based on that and the specifics of each system. I will use a smaller betting unit for this system since we are looking at up to a 6 game chase.

    I think the 400 unit minimum for this system is a good idea, while I'm using 200 units for the RPI system. I'll probably dedicate $2000 to each of these two systems, using $5 as a unit for this one and $10 for the RPI system. For Jeff's system, every $400 increase (80 wins to start) in the bankroll will increase the unit size by $1 to stay at the 400 units based on bankroll balance. Based on the history that Jeff posted, let's say we get 707 wins out of this, you'd be looking at ending the year using $26 as a betting unit and you'd be at almost $8800 in profit.

    Increase the betting unit size slowly as the bankroll grows staying at that 400 unit/bankroll balance.

     

    Stay disciplined and manage your bankroll
    Reply

    Lots of talk about bankroll for this system and some really good advice. Another thing to consider is if you are going to play any other systems. I will probably be in on 4 systems for baseball this year so I will dedicate 1/4 of my bankroll to each system and set my betting units based on that and the specifics of each system. I will use a smaller betting unit for this system since we are looking at up to a 6 game chase.

    I think the 400 unit minimum for this system is a good idea, while I'm using 200 units for the RPI system. I'll probably dedicate $2000 to each of these two systems, using $5 as a unit for this one and $10 for the RPI system. For Jeff's system, every $400 increase (80 wins to start) in the bankroll will increase the unit size by $1 to stay at the 400 units based on bankroll balance. Based on the history that Jeff posted, let's say we get 707 wins out of this, you'd be looking at ending the year using $26 as a betting unit and you'd be at almost $8800 in profit.

    Increase the betting unit size slowly as the bankroll grows staying at that 400 unit/bankroll balance.

     

     
    Bart_
    Bart_
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2008
    Posts: 3549
    Posted: Jan. 25, 2014 - 9:22 PM ET #69

    Just want to add one more thing:

    you should always be prepared for the system to loose. i'm not saying that this one will, but be prepared for it. Happened last year to the Post All Star Break system which was undefeated for years. 

    I think Jeff mentioned that the average odds are around -140, so a 6 game loss would cost you almost 200 units. 

    Be prepared. 
    Reply
    Just want to add one more thing:

    you should always be prepared for the system to loose. i'm not saying that this one will, but be prepared for it. Happened last year to the Post All Star Break system which was undefeated for years. 

    I think Jeff mentioned that the average odds are around -140, so a 6 game loss would cost you almost 200 units. 

    Be prepared. 
     
    JEFFTHEHAT
    JEFFTHEHAT
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2010
    Posts: 3843
    Posted: Jan. 26, 2014 - 11:59 AM ET #70

    Quote Originally Posted by SpOrTzFaN1:

    jeff can you request me as a friend i cant seem to find the request button i had a few questions

    You're on my friends list , go ahead and send PM. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SpOrTzFaN1:

    jeff can you request me as a friend i cant seem to find the request button i had a few questions

    You're on my friends list , go ahead and send PM. 
     
    BUSTERDOUGLASS
    BUSTERDOUGLASS
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2014
    Posts: 176
    Posted: Feb. 14, 2014 - 6:16 PM ET #71

    ummmm a 6 game loss at - 140 i would hang myself you would be minus $840

    thats why i belive my K. I. S. S. system is easier on everyones pocket and better than any chase system developed by any one and yes i been using for eooooooons since i was 18 yrs old 42 years of gmabling in sports I learned from my losses created my own systems from losing a college tution cost today.

    YES over $100,000 in loses for 12 years.

    NFL Ncaa foots killed me if i won 1 week out 17 i was lucky
    or cut losses in half.

    LOL how many new benz's my bookies bought.

    NOW i have no locals that take my action i have to use larger backed bookie in other area outside of city.


    Reply
    ummmm a 6 game loss at - 140 i would hang myself you would be minus $840

    thats why i belive my K. I. S. S. system is easier on everyones pocket and better than any chase system developed by any one and yes i been using for eooooooons since i was 18 yrs old 42 years of gmabling in sports I learned from my losses created my own systems from losing a college tution cost today.

    YES over $100,000 in loses for 12 years.

    NFL Ncaa foots killed me if i won 1 week out 17 i was lucky
    or cut losses in half.

    LOL how many new benz's my bookies bought.

    NOW i have no locals that take my action i have to use larger backed bookie in other area outside of city.


     
    Bart_
    Bart_
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2008
    Posts: 3549
    Posted: Feb. 16, 2014 - 1:40 PM ET #72

    Dan, you mentioned that you will be playing 4 systems next year. This and RPI, what are the other 2?
    Reply
    Dan, you mentioned that you will be playing 4 systems next year. This and RPI, what are the other 2?
     
    Danrules24
    Danrules24
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2012
    Posts: 5921
    Posted: Feb. 16, 2014 - 10:09 PM ET #73

    Quote Originally Posted by Bart_:

    Dan, you mentioned that you will be playing 4 systems next year. This and RPI, what are the other 2?

    Actually it is 5. This system, RPI, Cisco's 5 run system and the 2 Post All-Star systems.

    I'm dividing my bankroll in 4 equal sections. 3 of these 4 will be used on this system, the RPI and Cisco's system. The other 1/4 will just be in reserve. After the All-Start break, I'll take my entire bankroll and divide by 5, one for each system.

    This is an important baseball season for me. If I can make some decent money this year, I will probably spend the next few years living part time in Vegas (where I live now) and the winter months south of the border on the beach. Vegas is not that warm in winter. If baseball does not treat me well this year, I just might stay out of the country full time and just dabble with an offshore account. I don't want to put a big deposit in any offshore book.

    Stay disciplined and manage your bankroll
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Bart_:

    Dan, you mentioned that you will be playing 4 systems next year. This and RPI, what are the other 2?

    Actually it is 5. This system, RPI, Cisco's 5 run system and the 2 Post All-Star systems.

    I'm dividing my bankroll in 4 equal sections. 3 of these 4 will be used on this system, the RPI and Cisco's system. The other 1/4 will just be in reserve. After the All-Start break, I'll take my entire bankroll and divide by 5, one for each system.

    This is an important baseball season for me. If I can make some decent money this year, I will probably spend the next few years living part time in Vegas (where I live now) and the winter months south of the border on the beach. Vegas is not that warm in winter. If baseball does not treat me well this year, I just might stay out of the country full time and just dabble with an offshore account. I don't want to put a big deposit in any offshore book.

     
    JEFFTHEHAT
    JEFFTHEHAT
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2010
    Posts: 3843
    Posted: Feb. 16, 2014 - 10:19 PM ET #74

    Dan, try Belize my girl and I want to move there. Nice beach front property. 
    Reply
    Dan, try Belize my girl and I want to move there. Nice beach front property. 
     
     
    Danrules24
    Danrules24
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2012
    Posts: 5921
    Posted: Feb. 16, 2014 - 10:31 PM ET #75

    Quote Originally Posted by JEFFTHEHAT:

    Dan, try Belize my girl and I want to move there. Nice beach front property. 

    I heard Belize can be a little expensive. I already have a place in Mexico on the beach that is within driving distance (plus it is paid off). We are taking a cruise in early March to Aruba, Curacao, Barbados and St. Thomas US VI, but not sure if I could live in any of those places. I have done some research on Panama and that looks promising. We shall see. A lot depends on my job as well. If I can make it 4 more years, I can retire in Jan 2018 and get access to my 401k early (loophole in 401k rules alows access to money the year you turn 55 if you retire from the place you have your 401k with). Since I work from home, I can easily work from my condo in Mexico, then maybe sell that place and the Vegas place and go to Panama. The next few years will be interesting!!

    I lost my legal sportsbook in Mexico. There was one about 5 minutes away but Mexico has recently outlawed all slot machines so the casino shut down. Maybe I just need to open an online account with 5 dimes or something while I'm out of the US.

    Stay disciplined and manage your bankroll
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by JEFFTHEHAT:

    Dan, try Belize my girl and I want to move there. Nice beach front property. 

    I heard Belize can be a little expensive. I already have a place in Mexico on the beach that is within driving distance (plus it is paid off). We are taking a cruise in early March to Aruba, Curacao, Barbados and St. Thomas US VI, but not sure if I could live in any of those places. I have done some research on Panama and that looks promising. We shall see. A lot depends on my job as well. If I can make it 4 more years, I can retire in Jan 2018 and get access to my 401k early (loophole in 401k rules alows access to money the year you turn 55 if you retire from the place you have your 401k with). Since I work from home, I can easily work from my condo in Mexico, then maybe sell that place and the Vegas place and go to Panama. The next few years will be interesting!!

    I lost my legal sportsbook in Mexico. There was one about 5 minutes away but Mexico has recently outlawed all slot machines so the casino shut down. Maybe I just need to open an online account with 5 dimes or something while I'm out of the US.

    All Forums | Systems & Strategies
    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,450
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 690
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,365
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 8,970
    • This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,835
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,523
    • Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,889
    • __________ 📌 🏈 ?? Fubah's NFL 2026: Week 04 🚩🚩🚩🚩 13,362
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 16,926
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,319

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.