• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Pro Football

    Baltimore at Pittsburgh (01/18/2009)

    «First Previous 345 ... 111213 Next Last»
    bigcat33
    smetlydc2
    BreakaBookie
    Bluefin
    Philly215
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 12805
    Posts: 324
    «First Previous 345 ... 111213 Next Last»
     
    bigcat33
    bigcat33
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 95
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 9:33 AM ET #51

    I just have to put my 2 cents in here. The early line is somewhat strange - 33 o/u with Stillers favored by 6 - ?? I just might take the early over line. 33 is too low.
    Tennessee turnovers were the key raeson for the Titans loss to Baltimore. Everybody saw it. Baltimore also went to extremes to protect Flacco - i.e running the ball on 3rd and 6 in the first QTR.
    They will have to "unprotect" him against Steelers which could cause them problems.
    Every team is trying to "punch the ball out". Steelers did not fumble last week and I see no evidence they will have fumbalitist even with Baltimore trying to cause fumbles on tackles.
    The Steelers come thru the Chargers game unhurt and even more important - a huge boost of confidence in the running game and Ben's play. Meanwhile, it's another week in a very long season for Baltimore and on the road again. A good team, well coached, but, the odds and circumstances are against them.
    Good luck
    Reply
    I just have to put my 2 cents in here. The early line is somewhat strange - 33 o/u with Stillers favored by 6 - ?? I just might take the early over line. 33 is too low.
    Tennessee turnovers were the key raeson for the Titans loss to Baltimore. Everybody saw it. Baltimore also went to extremes to protect Flacco - i.e running the ball on 3rd and 6 in the first QTR.
    They will have to "unprotect" him against Steelers which could cause them problems.
    Every team is trying to "punch the ball out". Steelers did not fumble last week and I see no evidence they will have fumbalitist even with Baltimore trying to cause fumbles on tackles.
    The Steelers come thru the Chargers game unhurt and even more important - a huge boost of confidence in the running game and Ben's play. Meanwhile, it's another week in a very long season for Baltimore and on the road again. A good team, well coached, but, the odds and circumstances are against them.
    Good luck
     
    smetlydc2
    smetlydc2
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 214
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 9:34 AM ET #52

    Baltimore is now playing in their 18th straight week of football.

    their last bye week was 9/14

    they should have lost to Tennessee and have looked tired at the end of recent games.

    the Steelers on the other hand are finally looking healthy and had the bye a week ago.



    Reply
    Baltimore is now playing in their 18th straight week of football.

    their last bye week was 9/14

    they should have lost to Tennessee and have looked tired at the end of recent games.

    the Steelers on the other hand are finally looking healthy and had the bye a week ago.



     
    BreakaBookie
    BreakaBookie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 1743
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 9:52 AM ET #53

    12/14/08 PIT 13 - BAL 9 PIT 3 U 34 202 112 90 311 91 220
    09/29/08 BAL 20 - PIT 23 x BAL 6 O 34.5 243 103 140 237 69 168
    12/30/07 PIT 21 - BAL 27 BAL 3 O 34.5 334 180 154 264 46 218
    11/05/07 BAL 7 - PIT 38 PIT -9.5 O 36 104 64 40 291 90 201
    12/24/06 BAL 31 - PIT 7 BAL 4 O 37 359 103 256 251 63 188
    11/26/06 PIT 0 - BAL 27 BAL -3 U 39.5 275 114 161 172 21 151
    11/20/05 PIT 13 - BAL 16 x BAL 3.5 U 33 241 104 137 282 70 212
    10/31/05 BAL 19 - PIT 20 BAL 13 O 35.5 318 72 246 261 101 160
    12/26/04 BAL 7 - PIT 20 PIT -5.5 U 33.5 248 71 177 404 183 221
    09/19/04 PIT 13 - BAL 30

     

     

    I'll take the 6 thank you!

    Reply
    12/14/08 PIT 13 - BAL 9 PIT 3 U 34 202 112 90 311 91 220
    09/29/08 BAL 20 - PIT 23 x BAL 6 O 34.5 243 103 140 237 69 168
    12/30/07 PIT 21 - BAL 27 BAL 3 O 34.5 334 180 154 264 46 218
    11/05/07 BAL 7 - PIT 38 PIT -9.5 O 36 104 64 40 291 90 201
    12/24/06 BAL 31 - PIT 7 BAL 4 O 37 359 103 256 251 63 188
    11/26/06 PIT 0 - BAL 27 BAL -3 U 39.5 275 114 161 172 21 151
    11/20/05 PIT 13 - BAL 16 x BAL 3.5 U 33 241 104 137 282 70 212
    10/31/05 BAL 19 - PIT 20 BAL 13 O 35.5 318 72 246 261 101 160
    12/26/04 BAL 7 - PIT 20 PIT -5.5 U 33.5 248 71 177 404 183 221
    09/19/04 PIT 13 - BAL 30

     

     

    I'll take the 6 thank you!

     
    Bluefin
    Bluefin
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 8485
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 11:00 AM ET #54

    This will play out to another tight game I'll take the 6 maybe tease it,lets see how the points shape up I do see a slight offensive edge for Big ben but who knows in these playoff games it all depends who comes out jacked up more. From a gambling standpoint can't pass on points in a match up like this as both teams should be driven and the defenses match up about the same in my book. Baltimore injuries are the one thing that may sway me here have to wait and see
    Reply
    This will play out to another tight game I'll take the 6 maybe tease it,lets see how the points shape up I do see a slight offensive edge for Big ben but who knows in these playoff games it all depends who comes out jacked up more. From a gambling standpoint can't pass on points in a match up like this as both teams should be driven and the defenses match up about the same in my book. Baltimore injuries are the one thing that may sway me here have to wait and see
     
    Philly215
    Philly215
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2007
    Posts: 5491
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 11:06 AM ET #55

    Ravens +6, Under 34
    Reply
    Ravens +6, Under 34
     
    jmorrow2002
    jmorrow2002
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 24
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 11:41 AM ET #56

    My first inclination was to take Balt. in this game but upon further review I'm playing Pit -6 LARGE.  The sharps are heavy on Pit and that's good enough for me.  Also thinking a small play on the over for the same (less pronounced) reason.
    Reply
    My first inclination was to take Balt. in this game but upon further review I'm playing Pit -6 LARGE.  The sharps are heavy on Pit and that's good enough for me.  Also thinking a small play on the over for the same (less pronounced) reason.
     
    MDiBBa
    MDiBBa
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 26
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 12:06 PM ET #57

    Teasing  ----> Baltimore + 13 and over 26.5
     
    I think these two D's will keep this one close, but the extra points make me feel better about this one.
     
    WON'T MATTER WHO WINS ONCE THEY MEET THE EAGLES !!
    Reply
    Teasing  ----> Baltimore + 13 and over 26.5
     
    I think these two D's will keep this one close, but the extra points make me feel better about this one.
     
    WON'T MATTER WHO WINS ONCE THEY MEET THE EAGLES !!
     
    leugened
    leugened
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2008
    Posts: 32
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 12:31 PM ET #58

    Pitt will destroy them. Why else do we a -6 when we all know it should be -3 at best. I'm taking Pitt and betting against the rookie.

    Reply

    Pitt will destroy them. Why else do we a -6 when we all know it should be -3 at best. I'm taking Pitt and betting against the rookie.

     
    Mokei
    Mokei
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 14
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 12:37 PM ET #59

    Baltimore +6 an under
    Reply
    Baltimore +6 an under
     
    stalker
    stalker
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 467
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 1:31 PM ET #60

    Has anyone looked at Flacco's numbers this postseason? 9-23 in the Miami game and 11-22 last week. The guy is only completing 44% of his passes. That isn't going to cut it against this Steelers defense. The Baltimore offense as a whole has been bad this postseason. They only outgained Miami by 10 yards and Tennessee outgained them by 180 yards and controlled the time of possession (34:00-26:00). Tennessee should've won that game but couldn't hold onto the ball and Baltimore was able to capitalize on their second chances.
     
    I'll take the hotter team with a proven Super Bowl winning quarterback against a beat up, tired Ravens team with a struggling rookie quarterback playing his 18th straight game, 3rd road playoff game against the best defense in the NFL in Pittsburgh.
     
    I'm not a big trend guy. I don't really care what the score was in the teams previous games this year or before. You have to look at the how the team's matchup today and what I see is that the Ravens are hurt and Pittsburgh is healthy. But I've heard a lot about how tough it is to beat a team 3 times in one season and I 100% agree that it is very difficult to do. But Pittsburgh has a pretty good track record of doing it. Even their own more recent history shows they can sweep the same opponent three times in one season. They've done it against the Ravens' forefathers, the Cleveland Browns. The Steelers beat the Browns, then coached by the pre-genius Bill Belichick, twice in the 1994 regular season and then by 29-9 in the playoffs. They beat the Ravens three times in the 2002 season. Overall when the Steelers played a division opponent for the third time, they've gone 7-0 in the playoff game.  Like I said I'm not a big trend guy. I was just surprised to see that Pittsburgh has done it so often.
    Reply
    Has anyone looked at Flacco's numbers this postseason? 9-23 in the Miami game and 11-22 last week. The guy is only completing 44% of his passes. That isn't going to cut it against this Steelers defense. The Baltimore offense as a whole has been bad this postseason. They only outgained Miami by 10 yards and Tennessee outgained them by 180 yards and controlled the time of possession (34:00-26:00). Tennessee should've won that game but couldn't hold onto the ball and Baltimore was able to capitalize on their second chances.
     
    I'll take the hotter team with a proven Super Bowl winning quarterback against a beat up, tired Ravens team with a struggling rookie quarterback playing his 18th straight game, 3rd road playoff game against the best defense in the NFL in Pittsburgh.
     
    I'm not a big trend guy. I don't really care what the score was in the teams previous games this year or before. You have to look at the how the team's matchup today and what I see is that the Ravens are hurt and Pittsburgh is healthy. But I've heard a lot about how tough it is to beat a team 3 times in one season and I 100% agree that it is very difficult to do. But Pittsburgh has a pretty good track record of doing it. Even their own more recent history shows they can sweep the same opponent three times in one season. They've done it against the Ravens' forefathers, the Cleveland Browns. The Steelers beat the Browns, then coached by the pre-genius Bill Belichick, twice in the 1994 regular season and then by 29-9 in the playoffs. They beat the Ravens three times in the 2002 season. Overall when the Steelers played a division opponent for the third time, they've gone 7-0 in the playoff game.  Like I said I'm not a big trend guy. I was just surprised to see that Pittsburgh has done it so often.
     
    maldini
    maldini
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 241
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 1:50 PM ET #61

    Recent Meetings Baltimore Pittsburgh
    Date Away/Home Line O/U Tot Rus Pas Tot Rus Pas
    12/14/08 PIT 13 - BAL 9 PIT 3 U 34 202 112 90 311 91 220
    09/29/08 BAL 20 - PIT 23 x BAL 6 O 34.5 243 103 140 237 69 168
     
    From what I can tell, the Sharps are hitting Pittsburgh. And Bmore is beat up after last week's game. But I still don't feel comfortable giving nearly a touchdown to the Ravens D. Ed Reed can swing this game in one play. 
     
    Take a look at the yardage total the Pittsburgh offense has had this year against the Ravens. Yeah, it's better than what the Ravens have done. But it still isn't promising for Sunday's game.
     
    As for the Steelers, their last game swung on two fluke Special Teams plays. Despite the Chargers having a better kicking game, the Steelers returned a punt for a TD and recovered an awful punt that bounced off a Charger player's helmet. That's 14 points they won't be able to count on this week.
     
    I'm taking the points.
    Reply
    Recent Meetings Baltimore Pittsburgh
    Date Away/Home Line O/U Tot Rus Pas Tot Rus Pas
    12/14/08 PIT 13 - BAL 9 PIT 3 U 34 202 112 90 311 91 220
    09/29/08 BAL 20 - PIT 23 x BAL 6 O 34.5 243 103 140 237 69 168
     
    From what I can tell, the Sharps are hitting Pittsburgh. And Bmore is beat up after last week's game. But I still don't feel comfortable giving nearly a touchdown to the Ravens D. Ed Reed can swing this game in one play. 
     
    Take a look at the yardage total the Pittsburgh offense has had this year against the Ravens. Yeah, it's better than what the Ravens have done. But it still isn't promising for Sunday's game.
     
    As for the Steelers, their last game swung on two fluke Special Teams plays. Despite the Chargers having a better kicking game, the Steelers returned a punt for a TD and recovered an awful punt that bounced off a Charger player's helmet. That's 14 points they won't be able to count on this week.
     
    I'm taking the points.
     
    maldini
    maldini
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 241
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 1:59 PM ET #62

    One other thought: The Steelers playing at home in the AFC championship hasn't exactly been a lock over the last 15 years.
    Reply
    One other thought: The Steelers playing at home in the AFC championship hasn't exactly been a lock over the last 15 years.
     
    bigbendastud
    bigbendastud
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 10
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 2:03 PM ET #63

    Put the house on pittsburgh
     
    Flacco- 44% completion percentage
     
     
    Reply
    Put the house on pittsburgh
     
    Flacco- 44% completion percentage
     
     
     
    stalker
    stalker
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 467
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 2:10 PM ET #64

    As for the Steelers, their last game swung on two fluke Special Teams plays. Despite the Chargers having a better kicking game, the Steelers returned a punt for a TD and recovered an awful punt that bounced off a Charger player's helmet. That's 14 points they won't be able to count on this week.
     
    I'm taking the points.

    [/Quote]

    A punt return for touchdown is a fluke play? I'll give you the bad punt bouncing off Weddle's head but I don't see how you can say a punt return is a fluke play.

    I'd say the Ravens were much luckier  last week. Tennesse had 3 turnovers inside the Ravens 20. Tennessee wasted a half-dozen scoring opportunities with errors. One came on Samari Rolle's interception at the Ravens 12 on a popup Kerry Collins threw under pressure from a blitz in the second period. Another was Collins' fourth-down fumble in Baltimore territory, which the quarterback recovered. The third was LenDale White's fumble at the Baltimore 17 in the final minute of the half. And don't forget the biggest Tennessee turnover came with about 9 minutes to go when Alge Crumpler fumbled near the Baltimore goal line. Did I also mention that one play at the end of the game when the referees failed to throw their flag on a delay of game penalty against Baltimore when the ball was obviously snapped a good 3 seconds after time had expired. Of the 2 teams this weekend I'd say Baltimore is the luckier of the 2 to be here

    Reply
    As for the Steelers, their last game swung on two fluke Special Teams plays. Despite the Chargers having a better kicking game, the Steelers returned a punt for a TD and recovered an awful punt that bounced off a Charger player's helmet. That's 14 points they won't be able to count on this week.
     
    I'm taking the points.

    [/Quote]

    A punt return for touchdown is a fluke play? I'll give you the bad punt bouncing off Weddle's head but I don't see how you can say a punt return is a fluke play.

    I'd say the Ravens were much luckier  last week. Tennesse had 3 turnovers inside the Ravens 20. Tennessee wasted a half-dozen scoring opportunities with errors. One came on Samari Rolle's interception at the Ravens 12 on a popup Kerry Collins threw under pressure from a blitz in the second period. Another was Collins' fourth-down fumble in Baltimore territory, which the quarterback recovered. The third was LenDale White's fumble at the Baltimore 17 in the final minute of the half. And don't forget the biggest Tennessee turnover came with about 9 minutes to go when Alge Crumpler fumbled near the Baltimore goal line. Did I also mention that one play at the end of the game when the referees failed to throw their flag on a delay of game penalty against Baltimore when the ball was obviously snapped a good 3 seconds after time had expired. Of the 2 teams this weekend I'd say Baltimore is the luckier of the 2 to be here

     
    maldini
    maldini
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 241
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 2:15 PM ET #65

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbendastud:

    Put the house on pittsburgh
     
    Flacco- 44% completion percentage
     
     

    Big Ben had 15 picks and 7 lost fumbles this season. And he was sacked 46 times.

    In two games against the Ravens he had a 56 percent completion percentage, threw for 437 yards and had 2 touchdowns and 1 INT. He was sacked six times. And had two fumbles, losing 1.

    I'm not very confident in Big Ben on Sunday.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbendastud:

    Put the house on pittsburgh
     
    Flacco- 44% completion percentage
     
     

    Big Ben had 15 picks and 7 lost fumbles this season. And he was sacked 46 times.

    In two games against the Ravens he had a 56 percent completion percentage, threw for 437 yards and had 2 touchdowns and 1 INT. He was sacked six times. And had two fumbles, losing 1.

    I'm not very confident in Big Ben on Sunday.

     
    maldini
    maldini
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 241
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 2:20 PM ET #66

    Quote Originally Posted by stalker:

    A punt return for touchdown is a fluke play? I'll give you the bad punt bouncing off Weddle's head but I don't see how you can say a punt return is a fluke play.

    I'd say the Ravens were much luckier  last week. Tennesse had 3 turnovers inside the Ravens 20. Tennessee wasted a half-dozen scoring opportunities with errors. One came on Samari Rolle's interception at the Ravens 12 on a popup Kerry Collins threw under pressure from a blitz in the second period. Another was Collins' fourth-down fumble in Baltimore territory, which the quarterback recovered. The third was LenDale White's fumble at the Baltimore 17 in the final minute of the half. And don't forget the biggest Tennessee turnover came with about 9 minutes to go when Alge Crumpler fumbled near the Baltimore goal line. Did I also mention that one play at the end of the game when the referees failed to throw their flag on a delay of game penalty against Baltimore when the ball was obviously snapped a good 3 seconds after time had expired. Of the 2 teams this weekend I'd say Baltimore is the luckier of the 2 to be here

    Stalker: That was the Steelers first punt return for a TD this season. Holmes only averages 6.6 return yards per punt. Yes, the fact that their first punt return for a TD came in a playoff game I'd say is lucky.

    I agree with you that the Ravens are very fortunate to be here. I bet on the Titans big and I'm still not over that loss. But I also had the Titans rated much higher than both the Steelers and the Ravens. The Ravens and Steelers are about equal, as their regular season games have shown.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by stalker:

    A punt return for touchdown is a fluke play? I'll give you the bad punt bouncing off Weddle's head but I don't see how you can say a punt return is a fluke play.

    I'd say the Ravens were much luckier  last week. Tennesse had 3 turnovers inside the Ravens 20. Tennessee wasted a half-dozen scoring opportunities with errors. One came on Samari Rolle's interception at the Ravens 12 on a popup Kerry Collins threw under pressure from a blitz in the second period. Another was Collins' fourth-down fumble in Baltimore territory, which the quarterback recovered. The third was LenDale White's fumble at the Baltimore 17 in the final minute of the half. And don't forget the biggest Tennessee turnover came with about 9 minutes to go when Alge Crumpler fumbled near the Baltimore goal line. Did I also mention that one play at the end of the game when the referees failed to throw their flag on a delay of game penalty against Baltimore when the ball was obviously snapped a good 3 seconds after time had expired. Of the 2 teams this weekend I'd say Baltimore is the luckier of the 2 to be here

    Stalker: That was the Steelers first punt return for a TD this season. Holmes only averages 6.6 return yards per punt. Yes, the fact that their first punt return for a TD came in a playoff game I'd say is lucky.

    I agree with you that the Ravens are very fortunate to be here. I bet on the Titans big and I'm still not over that loss. But I also had the Titans rated much higher than both the Steelers and the Ravens. The Ravens and Steelers are about equal, as their regular season games have shown.

     
    stalker
    stalker
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 467
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 2:25 PM ET #67

    Quote Originally Posted by maldini:

    As for the Steelers, their last game swung on two fluke Special Teams plays. Despite the Chargers having a better kicking game, the Steelers returned a punt for a TD and recovered an awful punt that bounced off a Charger player's helmet. That's 14 points they won't be able to count on this week.

     
    I'm taking the points.

    Also, Pittsburgh didn't score on the Weddle fumble. They were stopped at the San Diego 1. There were no fluke 14 points. They returned a punt for touchdown. That's not a fluke. Due your research before you post random things.

    And Flacco's numbers are much worse against Pittsburgh this year than Ben's are against Baltimore. In their 2 games this year, Flacco has gone 27-59 for an average of 153.5 yards/game, completed just over 45% of his passes, has 1 touchdown and 2 interceptions and a very costly fumble in the first game that turned into a Steelers touchdown for a qb rating of 52.

    I'm not very confident in Flacco on Sunday.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by maldini:

    As for the Steelers, their last game swung on two fluke Special Teams plays. Despite the Chargers having a better kicking game, the Steelers returned a punt for a TD and recovered an awful punt that bounced off a Charger player's helmet. That's 14 points they won't be able to count on this week.

     
    I'm taking the points.

    Also, Pittsburgh didn't score on the Weddle fumble. They were stopped at the San Diego 1. There were no fluke 14 points. They returned a punt for touchdown. That's not a fluke. Due your research before you post random things.

    And Flacco's numbers are much worse against Pittsburgh this year than Ben's are against Baltimore. In their 2 games this year, Flacco has gone 27-59 for an average of 153.5 yards/game, completed just over 45% of his passes, has 1 touchdown and 2 interceptions and a very costly fumble in the first game that turned into a Steelers touchdown for a qb rating of 52.

    I'm not very confident in Flacco on Sunday.

     
    stalker
    stalker
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 467
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 2:27 PM ET #68

    And Flacco was sacked 8 times.
    Reply
    And Flacco was sacked 8 times.
     
    MDiBBa
    MDiBBa
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 26
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 2:34 PM ET #69

    and flacco and the ravens weren't playin as well all season as they have been lately.
     
    big game ... gunna be a close one.
    Reply
    and flacco and the ravens weren't playin as well all season as they have been lately.
     
    big game ... gunna be a close one.
     
    maldini
    maldini
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 241
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 2:35 PM ET #70

    Quote Originally Posted by stalker:

    Also, Pittsburgh didn't score on the Weddle fumble. They were stopped at the San Diego 1. There were no fluke 14 points. They returned a punt for touchdown. That's not a fluke. Due your research before you post random things.

    I said those two special teams plays were 14 point swings. Which they were. And as you can see by my post, I do research.

    You sound like a Steelers fan. I'm not here to argue with someone over their favorite team. This is a handicapping forum.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by stalker:

    Also, Pittsburgh didn't score on the Weddle fumble. They were stopped at the San Diego 1. There were no fluke 14 points. They returned a punt for touchdown. That's not a fluke. Due your research before you post random things.

    I said those two special teams plays were 14 point swings. Which they were. And as you can see by my post, I do research.

    You sound like a Steelers fan. I'm not here to argue with someone over their favorite team. This is a handicapping forum.

     
    stalker
    stalker
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 467
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 3:02 PM ET #71

    How can it be a 14 point swing when there were no points scored after the fumble? Pittsburgh didn't score after the fumble and you can't be positive San Diego would've scored if they had recovered the fumble. So how did the points swing there? I still don't see how a punt return is a fluke special teams play either? I don't care what if his punt return average is or how many times he's returned a punt for TD. The NFL average is only around 9.5 and only 8 guys have returned punts this year. That doesn't mean when someone does it it's a fluke.  

    You said you weren't confident in Ben because he didn't play good against the Ravens this year even though Flacco played much worse against the Steelers. Where's the logic in that?

    I know this is a handicapping forum. That's why when people make ridiculous comments I feel like I should correct them so people don't get innaccurate information. And actually I'm a Browns fan so I pretty much hate both teams equally. Probably hate Pittsburgh more because I live here and am around more of their fans.  But they're the better and healthier team right now.

    Pittsburgh ML HUGE

    Reply

    How can it be a 14 point swing when there were no points scored after the fumble? Pittsburgh didn't score after the fumble and you can't be positive San Diego would've scored if they had recovered the fumble. So how did the points swing there? I still don't see how a punt return is a fluke special teams play either? I don't care what if his punt return average is or how many times he's returned a punt for TD. The NFL average is only around 9.5 and only 8 guys have returned punts this year. That doesn't mean when someone does it it's a fluke.  

    You said you weren't confident in Ben because he didn't play good against the Ravens this year even though Flacco played much worse against the Steelers. Where's the logic in that?

    I know this is a handicapping forum. That's why when people make ridiculous comments I feel like I should correct them so people don't get innaccurate information. And actually I'm a Browns fan so I pretty much hate both teams equally. Probably hate Pittsburgh more because I live here and am around more of their fans.  But they're the better and healthier team right now.

    Pittsburgh ML HUGE

     
    maldini
    maldini
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 241
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 3:18 PM ET #72

    Quote Originally Posted by stalker:

    You said you weren't confident in Ben because he didn't play good against the Ravens this year even though Flacco played much worse against the Steelers. Where's the logic in that?

    I never said I was confident in Flacco. I explained why I didn't have confidence in Ben - there's a difference - and, as a result, why I think the game will be within the 6 points the Steelers are laying. Stop acting like an idiot.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by stalker:

    You said you weren't confident in Ben because he didn't play good against the Ravens this year even though Flacco played much worse against the Steelers. Where's the logic in that?

    I never said I was confident in Flacco. I explained why I didn't have confidence in Ben - there's a difference - and, as a result, why I think the game will be within the 6 points the Steelers are laying. Stop acting like an idiot.

     
    stalker
    stalker
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 467
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 3:22 PM ET #73

    No hard feelings Maldini. Good luck with your bets. And I am a Steelers fan. I should kick my own ass for saying I was a Browns fan. I threw up a little bit in my mouth as I was typing that. I'm just a little overexcited with a chance to go to the Super Bowl. Either way I do love Pittburgh moneyline and I'll probably give the 6 too.  
    Reply
    No hard feelings Maldini. Good luck with your bets. And I am a Steelers fan. I should kick my own ass for saying I was a Browns fan. I threw up a little bit in my mouth as I was typing that. I'm just a little overexcited with a chance to go to the Super Bowl. Either way I do love Pittburgh moneyline and I'll probably give the 6 too.  
     
    maldini
    maldini
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 241
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 3:25 PM ET #74

    Quote Originally Posted by stalker:

    No hard feelings Maldini. Good luck with your bets. And I am a Steelers fan. I should kick my own ass for saying I was a Browns fan. I threw up a little bit in my mouth as I was typing that. I'm just a little overexcited with a chance to go to the Super Bowl. Either way I do love Pittburgh moneyline and I'll probably give the 6 too.  

    Agreed. And I'd say best of luck to your team also, but I'm a Browns fan. This matchup doesn't get much worse for me. I hate both teams. But with money on the line, I have to take the points.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by stalker:

    No hard feelings Maldini. Good luck with your bets. And I am a Steelers fan. I should kick my own ass for saying I was a Browns fan. I threw up a little bit in my mouth as I was typing that. I'm just a little overexcited with a chance to go to the Super Bowl. Either way I do love Pittburgh moneyline and I'll probably give the 6 too.  

    Agreed. And I'd say best of luck to your team also, but I'm a Browns fan. This matchup doesn't get much worse for me. I hate both teams. But with money on the line, I have to take the points.

     
     
    jpd110
    jpd110
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 282
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 3:30 PM ET #75

    This is a huge sucker play. Pittsburgh wins this game by 2 tds. Baltimore beat a vastly overrated Titans team last week with the help of a questionable call. Too many people are in love with this Ravens team and their banged up defense. This reminds me of the Okie/ Tex Tech college game. No way IN HELL Pitt allows a rookie a QB to steal this game after all of Pitts defeats in these afc title games to the pats and broncos. Pitt plays aggressively on offense and keeps the pressure on the Ravens the entire game. Write it down, Pitt 31 Balt 13 . Largest play of the year.
    Reply
    This is a huge sucker play. Pittsburgh wins this game by 2 tds. Baltimore beat a vastly overrated Titans team last week with the help of a questionable call. Too many people are in love with this Ravens team and their banged up defense. This reminds me of the Okie/ Tex Tech college game. No way IN HELL Pitt allows a rookie a QB to steal this game after all of Pitts defeats in these afc title games to the pats and broncos. Pitt plays aggressively on offense and keeps the pressure on the Ravens the entire game. Write it down, Pitt 31 Balt 13 . Largest play of the year.
    All Forums | Pro Football
    «First Previous 345 ... 111213 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,673
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,321
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,052
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,789
    • MLB Playoffs 5,524
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,449
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 5,968
    • Sunday nFl Wk 4 7,032
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,298
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,019

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.