• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Pro Football

    Baltimore at Pittsburgh (01/18/2009)

    123 ... 111213 Next Last»
    Mr_Covers
    Coverpicker
    tirabassi
    L0cks_all_d4y
    sirmartingale
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 12805
    Posts: 324
    123 ... 111213 Next Last»
     
    Mr_Covers
    Mr_Covers
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 8687
    Posted: Jan. 11, 2009 - 9:23 PM ET #1

    Away:  Baltimore [14-4 ATS]
    Home:  Pittsburgh [10-7 ATS]

    Game Time: 6:30 PM
    Stadium: Heinz Field

    Recent Meetings:
    12/14/08 - PIT 13 vs. BAL 9
    09/29/08 - BAL 20 vs. PIT 23

    Team Leaders:

    Baltimore:
    Passing: Joe Flacco (3267)
    Rushing: Le'Ron McClain (992)
    Receiving: Derrick Mason (1186)

    Pittsburgh:
    Passing: Ben Roethlisberger (3495)
    Rushing: Willie Parker (935)
    Receiving: Hines Ward (1117)

    More:
    Live Odds
    In-Depth Matchup Information
    Consensus Betting Information

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    Away:  Baltimore [14-4 ATS]
    Home:  Pittsburgh [10-7 ATS]

    Game Time: 6:30 PM
    Stadium: Heinz Field

    Recent Meetings:
    12/14/08 - PIT 13 vs. BAL 9
    09/29/08 - BAL 20 vs. PIT 23

    Team Leaders:

    Baltimore:
    Passing: Joe Flacco (3267)
    Rushing: Le'Ron McClain (992)
    Receiving: Derrick Mason (1186)

    Pittsburgh:
    Passing: Ben Roethlisberger (3495)
    Rushing: Willie Parker (935)
    Receiving: Hines Ward (1117)

    More:
    Live Odds
    In-Depth Matchup Information
    Consensus Betting Information

     
    Coverpicker
    Coverpicker
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 151
    Posted: Jan. 11, 2009 - 9:40 PM ET #2

    I like the Raverns with the points!!!
    Reply
    I like the Raverns with the points!!!
     
    tirabassi
    tirabassi
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2005
    Posts: 312
    Posted: Jan. 11, 2009 - 10:09 PM ET #3

    i like the over... as long as the weather is not horrible. 
    Reply
    i like the over... as long as the weather is not horrible. 
     
    L0cks_all_d4y
    L0cks_all_d4y
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 452
    Posted: Jan. 11, 2009 - 11:30 PM ET #4

    how can any1 lay 5 points in this game?? have to take points take 5 before it drops
    Reply
    how can any1 lay 5 points in this game?? have to take points take 5 before it drops
     
    sirmartingale
    sirmartingale
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 189
    Posted: Jan. 11, 2009 - 11:49 PM ET #5

    I think Pit has a better chance to win but I also can't lay 5. I like the teaser of BAL and the over which is +11 and 27.5.
     
    The way I see it playing out is Baltimore shutting down the run, forcing the Steelers to take to the air. If Reed and Suggs are healthy they should be able to get a couple sacks and force at least one turnover. I see Baltimore's running game to be as usual, grinding out 3 yards per carrry even against a good D, and Flacco being decent with the pass. However it's almost a lock he gets sacked a few times, any maybe throws a pick.
     
    If you don't like teasers, I think the betting is going to boost the total up quite a bit, ( it's already up ) and the Under may be a good play. If it gets to 34.5 it should be considered. The second game was 9-13. The first was 20-23 in overtime with defensive scores.
    Reply
    I think Pit has a better chance to win but I also can't lay 5. I like the teaser of BAL and the over which is +11 and 27.5.
     
    The way I see it playing out is Baltimore shutting down the run, forcing the Steelers to take to the air. If Reed and Suggs are healthy they should be able to get a couple sacks and force at least one turnover. I see Baltimore's running game to be as usual, grinding out 3 yards per carrry even against a good D, and Flacco being decent with the pass. However it's almost a lock he gets sacked a few times, any maybe throws a pick.
     
    If you don't like teasers, I think the betting is going to boost the total up quite a bit, ( it's already up ) and the Under may be a good play. If it gets to 34.5 it should be considered. The second game was 9-13. The first was 20-23 in overtime with defensive scores.
     
    rekamyenoM
    rekamyenoM
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 20863
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 12:26 AM ET #6

    First let me say that I hate both these teams with a passion. With that said..... I think that Baltimore will prevail in this one. Pitts has not seen a defense like Baltimore. This is going to be SMASH MOUTH football! I will be buying points in this one.  The line right now is +5 si I will more than likely bu 10 and take Baltimore +15. I'm looking forward to this game!
    Reply
    First let me say that I hate both these teams with a passion. With that said..... I think that Baltimore will prevail in this one. Pitts has not seen a defense like Baltimore. This is going to be SMASH MOUTH football! I will be buying points in this one.  The line right now is +5 si I will more than likely bu 10 and take Baltimore +15. I'm looking forward to this game!
     
    Underdog11
    Underdog11
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 1218
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 12:28 AM ET #7

    if you think balti will prevail why are you buying points to +15?
    if your so confident you should be getting on the reverse pointspread and take balti minus points
    Reply
    if you think balti will prevail why are you buying points to +15?
    if your so confident you should be getting on the reverse pointspread and take balti minus points
     
    dddevin69
    dddevin69
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 1011
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 12:35 AM ET #8

     

    First let me say that I hate both these teams with a passion. With that said..... I think that Baltimore will prevail in this one. Pitts has not seen a defense like Baltimore. This is going to be SMASH MOUTH football! I will be buying points in this one.  The line right now is +5 si I will more than likely bu 10 and take Baltimore +15. I'm looking forward to this game!

     

     

     

     

    Dallas fan here, I hate both of these teams too.  Having said that.  I think we are headed for a all PA Superbowl like some people have been saying for awhile.  I'm pulling for Balt because I'm tired of hearing about Big Ben and Mike Tomlin

     

    I think Pitt will win, but I'm thinking Balt +5.  I think Pitt wins straight up due to home field advantage. Also, I'm not sure if a rookie qb (I don't care who it is) is going to win 3 playoff games in a row.  It might be good to hedge this with the over/under total.  still trying to think if this will be over or under

     

    Reply

     

    First let me say that I hate both these teams with a passion. With that said..... I think that Baltimore will prevail in this one. Pitts has not seen a defense like Baltimore. This is going to be SMASH MOUTH football! I will be buying points in this one.  The line right now is +5 si I will more than likely bu 10 and take Baltimore +15. I'm looking forward to this game!

     

     

     

     

    Dallas fan here, I hate both of these teams too.  Having said that.  I think we are headed for a all PA Superbowl like some people have been saying for awhile.  I'm pulling for Balt because I'm tired of hearing about Big Ben and Mike Tomlin

     

    I think Pitt will win, but I'm thinking Balt +5.  I think Pitt wins straight up due to home field advantage. Also, I'm not sure if a rookie qb (I don't care who it is) is going to win 3 playoff games in a row.  It might be good to hedge this with the over/under total.  still trying to think if this will be over or under

     

     
    TienTinhTuToi
    TienTinhTuToi
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 6
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 12:42 AM ET #9

    my home team...goooooooooo RAVENSSSS...i have a feeling the ravens will win the superbowl this year,hehehehe
    Reply
    my home team...goooooooooo RAVENSSSS...i have a feeling the ravens will win the superbowl this year,hehehehe
     
    rekamyenoM
    rekamyenoM
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 20863
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 12:42 AM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by dddevin69:

    Dallas fan here, I hate both of these teams too.  Having said that.  I think we are headed for a all PA Superbowl like some people have been saying for awhile.  I'm pulling for Balt because I'm tired of hearing about Big Ben and Mike Tomlin

     

    I think Pitt will win, but I'm thinking Balt +5.  I think Pitt wins straight up due to home field advantage. Also, I'm not sure if a rookie qb (I don't care who it is) is going to win 3 playoff games in a row.  It might be good to hedge this with the over/under total.  still trying to think if this will be over or under

    Buy a few points on this one and I think you are safe. Baltimore wants this one more than Pitts and they may just win this one out right

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dddevin69:

    Dallas fan here, I hate both of these teams too.  Having said that.  I think we are headed for a all PA Superbowl like some people have been saying for awhile.  I'm pulling for Balt because I'm tired of hearing about Big Ben and Mike Tomlin

     

    I think Pitt will win, but I'm thinking Balt +5.  I think Pitt wins straight up due to home field advantage. Also, I'm not sure if a rookie qb (I don't care who it is) is going to win 3 playoff games in a row.  It might be good to hedge this with the over/under total.  still trying to think if this will be over or under

    Buy a few points on this one and I think you are safe. Baltimore wants this one more than Pitts and they may just win this one out right

     
    trance
    trance
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 17229
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 1:09 AM ET #11

    Ravens +5 and ML.  Very difficult to beat the same team 3 times in a season, especially a division rival who knows them well.
    Reply
    Ravens +5 and ML.  Very difficult to beat the same team 3 times in a season, especially a division rival who knows them well.
     
    goatmc
    goatmc
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 639
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 1:19 AM ET #12

    Steelers 35-3...this one gets ugly.

    Eagles 27-24.....eagles d gets a test manning and jackson were awful.
    Reply
    Steelers 35-3...this one gets ugly.

    Eagles 27-24.....eagles d gets a test manning and jackson were awful.
     
    rickjames66
    rickjames66
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 140
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 3:49 AM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by rekamyenoM:

    First let me say that I hate both these teams with a passion. With that said..... I think that Baltimore will prevail in this one. Pitts has not seen a defense like Baltimore. This is going to be SMASH MOUTH football! I will be buying points in this one.  The line right now is +5 si I will more than likely bu 10 and take Baltimore +15. I'm looking forward to this game!

     

    pitt has not seen a defense like baltimore, except when they beat them twice in the regular season

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by rekamyenoM:

    First let me say that I hate both these teams with a passion. With that said..... I think that Baltimore will prevail in this one. Pitts has not seen a defense like Baltimore. This is going to be SMASH MOUTH football! I will be buying points in this one.  The line right now is +5 si I will more than likely bu 10 and take Baltimore +15. I'm looking forward to this game!

     

    pitt has not seen a defense like baltimore, except when they beat them twice in the regular season

     
    whoewa70
    whoewa70
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 3:58 AM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by rekamyenoM:

    First let me say that I hate both these teams with a passion. With that said..... I think that Baltimore will prevail in this one. Pitts has not seen a defense like Baltimore. This is going to be SMASH MOUTH football! I will be buying points in this one.  The line right now is +5 si I will more than likely bu 10 and take Baltimore +15. I'm looking forward to this game!

     

    Sorry to say this rekamyenoM....btw I really like your posts....BUT Pitt has seen Baltimore's DEF twice already during the regular season. And Pitt has won both times. I'm a diehard Steeler fan and all I know is that it hard to win against a division rival 3 times in a season. These teams, especially these Defenses, will clash hard next Sunday....and it will be fun to watch. A lot more fun than the Ari-Phi game.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by rekamyenoM:

    First let me say that I hate both these teams with a passion. With that said..... I think that Baltimore will prevail in this one. Pitts has not seen a defense like Baltimore. This is going to be SMASH MOUTH football! I will be buying points in this one.  The line right now is +5 si I will more than likely bu 10 and take Baltimore +15. I'm looking forward to this game!

     

    Sorry to say this rekamyenoM....btw I really like your posts....BUT Pitt has seen Baltimore's DEF twice already during the regular season. And Pitt has won both times. I'm a diehard Steeler fan and all I know is that it hard to win against a division rival 3 times in a season. These teams, especially these Defenses, will clash hard next Sunday....and it will be fun to watch. A lot more fun than the Ari-Phi game.

     
    bigrazz
    bigrazz
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 304
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 4:17 AM ET #15

    the winner of this game is the superbowl champ! i`m pulling for my boys, the ravens. just a lil afraid they might be a bit too worn out.this will be their 18th game in a row! a nfl record.
    Reply
    the winner of this game is the superbowl champ! i`m pulling for my boys, the ravens. just a lil afraid they might be a bit too worn out.this will be their 18th game in a row! a nfl record.
     
    bigrazz
    bigrazz
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 304
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 4:18 AM ET #16

    sorry 18th game in a row without a bye
    Reply
    sorry 18th game in a row without a bye
     
    dddevin69
    dddevin69
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 1011
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 7:42 AM ET #17

    the winner of this game is the superbowl champ! i`m pulling for my boys, the ravens. just a lil afraid they might be a bit too worn out.this will be their 18th game in a row! a nfl record.
     
     
     
     
     
     
    Excellent point, from a true Baltimo fan.  Even you see the writing on the wall. I'm actually pulling for Balt too. Maybe Tomlin will make a fatal coaching decision and shoot himself in the foot.  I've seen him do that too many times.  I'm sorry, I'm just not impressed with Tomlin
    Reply
    the winner of this game is the superbowl champ! i`m pulling for my boys, the ravens. just a lil afraid they might be a bit too worn out.this will be their 18th game in a row! a nfl record.
     
     
     
     
     
     
    Excellent point, from a true Baltimo fan.  Even you see the writing on the wall. I'm actually pulling for Balt too. Maybe Tomlin will make a fatal coaching decision and shoot himself in the foot.  I've seen him do that too many times.  I'm sorry, I'm just not impressed with Tomlin
     
    drudatt108
    drudatt108
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 4887
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 9:47 AM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by bigrazz:

    sorry 18th game in a row without a bye

    We should be just fine.  We can use the down time for rest and we don't have to fly out west to play the next game.  I think that the RAVENS benefit from playing on Saturday.  1 extra day to rest always helps.  Both teams are familiar with each other, that's no secret.  I expect this game to be similar to the first two, close, hard hitting and down to the WIRE, you feel me.  LOL

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrazz:

    sorry 18th game in a row without a bye

    We should be just fine.  We can use the down time for rest and we don't have to fly out west to play the next game.  I think that the RAVENS benefit from playing on Saturday.  1 extra day to rest always helps.  Both teams are familiar with each other, that's no secret.  I expect this game to be similar to the first two, close, hard hitting and down to the WIRE, you feel me.  LOL

     
    BreakaBookie
    BreakaBookie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 1743
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 9:49 AM ET #19

    FRIDAY
    High: 14°F
    Low: 3°F
     
    Pitt if it stays cold...
     
    Balt if it is warmer on Sunday.... much warmer
    Reply
    FRIDAY
    High: 14°F
    Low: 3°F
     
    Pitt if it stays cold...
     
    Balt if it is warmer on Sunday.... much warmer
     
    stalker
    stalker
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 467
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 11:59 AM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by rickjames66:

     

    pitt has not seen a defense like baltimore, except when they beat them twice in the regular season

    Thank you for saying it. Saying Pittsburgh hasn't seen a defense like Baltimore's is one of the dumber things I've heard so far this year. That's like saying Baltimore hasn't seen a defense like Pittburgh's all year, except for the fact that they've played twice this year already and are more familiar with each other than almost any 2 teams in the league. As I said last week, 8 of Pittsburgh's 16 games have been against teams ranked in the top 10 in the NFL in Total D. 10 of their 16 games have been against teams ranked in the top 12 in Total D. I think they'll be ready to face another good defense this week. It's nothing they haven't seen before.

    And what do you mean Baltimore wants this one more rekamyenoM? That makes no sense too. What makes you think Baltimore wants to get to the Super Bowl more than any of the other teams left? If anything I'd say that Pittsburgh wants it more because the majority of their players from the 2005 Super Bowl team are still here and people always say that once you've tasted it once you want it even more the next time. The only players from the Ravens 2000 Super Bowl team that are still with them is Ray Lewis and Matt Stover. Ed Reed wasn't there, Suggs wasn't there, Bart Scott wasn't there, Ngata wasn't there, McGahee, Flacco, Heap, McClain all weren't there.

    I think Pittsburgh wins and covers in this game. The team finally looks healthy and Willie Parker is running at full speed again. He can give this defense the same problems they had last week with Chris Johnson. And as a few other people have said this is Baltimore's 18th game in a row without a bye. They just got done with a very physical Tennessee team and now have to face a very physical Pittsburgh team. Most of those Ravens are going to be less than 100%. Antwan Barnes is still out, Suggs has a bad shoulder and might be out, Rolle has a groin problem, Leonhard got a concussion last game, Heap has bad ribs and a sore back, McClain has a bad ankle, Reed has a bad knee, and I could go on but I think you get the point. The Ravens are beat up and Pittsburgh is as healthy as they have been all year. I'll give the points and take the Steelers at home against a tired and beat up Ravens team. We got one for the thumb in '05, now lets start working on the other hand.

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by rickjames66:

     

    pitt has not seen a defense like baltimore, except when they beat them twice in the regular season

    Thank you for saying it. Saying Pittsburgh hasn't seen a defense like Baltimore's is one of the dumber things I've heard so far this year. That's like saying Baltimore hasn't seen a defense like Pittburgh's all year, except for the fact that they've played twice this year already and are more familiar with each other than almost any 2 teams in the league. As I said last week, 8 of Pittsburgh's 16 games have been against teams ranked in the top 10 in the NFL in Total D. 10 of their 16 games have been against teams ranked in the top 12 in Total D. I think they'll be ready to face another good defense this week. It's nothing they haven't seen before.

    And what do you mean Baltimore wants this one more rekamyenoM? That makes no sense too. What makes you think Baltimore wants to get to the Super Bowl more than any of the other teams left? If anything I'd say that Pittsburgh wants it more because the majority of their players from the 2005 Super Bowl team are still here and people always say that once you've tasted it once you want it even more the next time. The only players from the Ravens 2000 Super Bowl team that are still with them is Ray Lewis and Matt Stover. Ed Reed wasn't there, Suggs wasn't there, Bart Scott wasn't there, Ngata wasn't there, McGahee, Flacco, Heap, McClain all weren't there.

    I think Pittsburgh wins and covers in this game. The team finally looks healthy and Willie Parker is running at full speed again. He can give this defense the same problems they had last week with Chris Johnson. And as a few other people have said this is Baltimore's 18th game in a row without a bye. They just got done with a very physical Tennessee team and now have to face a very physical Pittsburgh team. Most of those Ravens are going to be less than 100%. Antwan Barnes is still out, Suggs has a bad shoulder and might be out, Rolle has a groin problem, Leonhard got a concussion last game, Heap has bad ribs and a sore back, McClain has a bad ankle, Reed has a bad knee, and I could go on but I think you get the point. The Ravens are beat up and Pittsburgh is as healthy as they have been all year. I'll give the points and take the Steelers at home against a tired and beat up Ravens team. We got one for the thumb in '05, now lets start working on the other hand.

     

     
    stalker
    stalker
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 467
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 12:20 PM ET #21

    I forgot to mention the quarterbacks in this game. In their 2 games this year, Flacco has gone 27-59 for an average of 153.5 yards/game, completed just over 45% of his passes, has 1 touchdown and 2 interceptions and a very costly fumble in the first game that turned into a Steelers touchdown for a qb rating of 52. Ben has gone 36-64 for an average of 218.5 yards/game, completed over 56.5% of his passes, has 2 touchdowns and 1 interception and has a qb rating of 81. I don't trust a rookie quarterback to win 3 road playoff games in a row.
     
    Ben looked as sharp yesterday as I've seen him all year. If the O-line can deliver the same type of protection they did yesterday this game could get ugly. Pittsburgh will do what they do best and stop the run early, force Flacco to beat them with his arm, and run out the clock to preserve the win.
    Reply
    I forgot to mention the quarterbacks in this game. In their 2 games this year, Flacco has gone 27-59 for an average of 153.5 yards/game, completed just over 45% of his passes, has 1 touchdown and 2 interceptions and a very costly fumble in the first game that turned into a Steelers touchdown for a qb rating of 52. Ben has gone 36-64 for an average of 218.5 yards/game, completed over 56.5% of his passes, has 2 touchdowns and 1 interception and has a qb rating of 81. I don't trust a rookie quarterback to win 3 road playoff games in a row.
     
    Ben looked as sharp yesterday as I've seen him all year. If the O-line can deliver the same type of protection they did yesterday this game could get ugly. Pittsburgh will do what they do best and stop the run early, force Flacco to beat them with his arm, and run out the clock to preserve the win.
     
    bigbendastud
    bigbendastud
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 10
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 12:30 PM ET #22

    Hey rekamyenoM yea your right they haven't seen a defense like baltimore. They saw them twice and rolled them. Your comments stink, and by your whiningness so does your choice of teams. No one cares who you like or dislike. DumbA**
    Reply
    Hey rekamyenoM yea your right they haven't seen a defense like baltimore. They saw them twice and rolled them. Your comments stink, and by your whiningness so does your choice of teams. No one cares who you like or dislike. DumbA**
     
    bigbendastud
    bigbendastud
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 10
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 12:31 PM ET #23

    Thank you Rick James66. I agree with ya brotha!!
    Reply
    Thank you Rick James66. I agree with ya brotha!!
     
    bigbendastud
    bigbendastud
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 10
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 12:36 PM ET #24

    And as for you dddevin69 you better worry about dallas's flop of a year because I would be more concerned with that than hatn on Tomlin and Ben. Thats why we WILL pass you this year. We're going for the 6-pack!!!!
    Reply
    And as for you dddevin69 you better worry about dallas's flop of a year because I would be more concerned with that than hatn on Tomlin and Ben. Thats why we WILL pass you this year. We're going for the 6-pack!!!!
     
     
    stalker
    stalker
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 467
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 12:48 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by dddevin69:

     
    Excellent point, from a true Baltimo fan.  Even you see the writing on the wall. I'm actually pulling for Balt too. Maybe Tomlin will make a fatal coaching decision and shoot himself in the foot.  I've seen him do that too many times.  I'm sorry, I'm just not impressed with Tomlin

    Yeah I'm not that impressed with him either. He's only the first Steelers coach to ever win 2 division titles in his first two years, has the most wins of any Steelers coach in his first two years, and has had the #1 ranked defense in both of his first two years. And now he's coaching in the AFC Championship game with a shot to get to the Super Bowl in his 2nd year. I can see why you're not impressed with him.

    Tomlin, like Big Ben, will never get the credit he deserves. But as he says the proof is in the pudding and his numbers and results don't lie. Maybe if the Steelers had Wade Phillips as Head Coach they would be better.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dddevin69:

     
    Excellent point, from a true Baltimo fan.  Even you see the writing on the wall. I'm actually pulling for Balt too. Maybe Tomlin will make a fatal coaching decision and shoot himself in the foot.  I've seen him do that too many times.  I'm sorry, I'm just not impressed with Tomlin

    Yeah I'm not that impressed with him either. He's only the first Steelers coach to ever win 2 division titles in his first two years, has the most wins of any Steelers coach in his first two years, and has had the #1 ranked defense in both of his first two years. And now he's coaching in the AFC Championship game with a shot to get to the Super Bowl in his 2nd year. I can see why you're not impressed with him.

    Tomlin, like Big Ben, will never get the credit he deserves. But as he says the proof is in the pudding and his numbers and results don't lie. Maybe if the Steelers had Wade Phillips as Head Coach they would be better.

    All Forums | Pro Football
    123 ... 111213 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,673
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,315
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,051
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,772
    • MLB Playoffs 5,413
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,448
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 5,694
    • **$$$ MD Saturday 10/3 $$$** 7,359
    • Sunday nFl Wk 4 6,127
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,298

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.