• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Pro Football

    Baltimore at Pittsburgh (01/18/2009)

    «First Previous 234 ... 111213 Next Last»
    bigbendastud
    Mush13
    BreakaBookie
    dddevin69
    stalker
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 12805
    Posts: 324
    «First Previous 234 ... 111213 Next Last»
     
    bigbendastud
    bigbendastud
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 10
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 12:50 PM ET #26

    You made my day Stalker .I love your sarcasm
    Reply
    You made my day Stalker .I love your sarcasm
     
    Mush13
    Mush13
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 13
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 1:01 PM ET #27

    Please stop the bs already the game still almost a week away and alredy I can see some of you unemployed brain surgeons driving away good cappers because they don't want to deal w/ people w/ constipated brains and diarehea mouths.
     
    w8lifter you were the little bit a convincing that I needed to climb out from a Carolina hole--Thank-you
    Reply
    Please stop the bs already the game still almost a week away and alredy I can see some of you unemployed brain surgeons driving away good cappers because they don't want to deal w/ people w/ constipated brains and diarehea mouths.
     
    w8lifter you were the little bit a convincing that I needed to climb out from a Carolina hole--Thank-you
     
    BreakaBookie
    BreakaBookie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 1743
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 1:52 PM ET #28

    wow, what a clown show with newbie posters...

    DDevin has helped me alot this season.....

    This is not a fan site....

    how about a good cap from someone in here.... ive seen a few, but there are more than a few posts....

     

    I think Pitt wins but by 5 I don't know.... I knew SD wouldn't get it done in PITT in those conditions, but the Ravens are much tougher... (I also knew that Carolina would beat the Cardinals at home where they are undefeated off a bye week)....... these games are always close, it shoudln't be any different.... it will be a field position game and the better turnover margin will result in a winner.... I will be rooting for the Ravens...

    Raven +5.... anytime you give a team with a defense like this points I will take it....

     

    GL to all..... and please stop the baby crap... just post intelligent caps so we all can work together to breakyourbookie

     

    Reply

    wow, what a clown show with newbie posters...

    DDevin has helped me alot this season.....

    This is not a fan site....

    how about a good cap from someone in here.... ive seen a few, but there are more than a few posts....

     

    I think Pitt wins but by 5 I don't know.... I knew SD wouldn't get it done in PITT in those conditions, but the Ravens are much tougher... (I also knew that Carolina would beat the Cardinals at home where they are undefeated off a bye week)....... these games are always close, it shoudln't be any different.... it will be a field position game and the better turnover margin will result in a winner.... I will be rooting for the Ravens...

    Raven +5.... anytime you give a team with a defense like this points I will take it....

     

    GL to all..... and please stop the baby crap... just post intelligent caps so we all can work together to breakyourbookie

     

     
    dddevin69
    dddevin69
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 1011
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 2:33 PM ET #29

    QUOTE Originally Posted by dddevin69:

     
    Excellent point, from a true Baltimo fan.  Even you see the writing on the wall. I'm actually pulling for Balt too. Maybe Tomlin will make a fatal coaching decision and shoot himself in the foot.  I've seen him do that too many times.  I'm sorry, I'm just not impressed with Tomlin

    Yeah I'm not that impressed with him either. He's only the first Steelers coach to ever win 2 division titles in his first two years, has the most wins of any Steelers coach in his first two years, and has had the #1 ranked defense in both of his first two years. And now he's coaching in the AFC Championship game with a shot to get to the Super Bowl in his 2nd year. I can see why you're not impressed with him.

    Tomlin, like Big Ben, will never get the credit he deserves. But as he says the proof is in the pudding and his numbers and results don't lie. Maybe if the Steelers had Wade Phillips as Head Coach they would be better.

     

     

     

    sorry, didn't mean to offend. It's just the way I look at it, Tomlin kind of inherited the team.  but, IF YOU WANNA CROWN EM...THEN CROWN EM!!!!!!!!!!!!  BUT WE LET EM OFF THE HOOK......                  having said that, I think it's just one of those things of time will tell.  Wade Phillips led Dallas to a great 13-3 reg season record his 1st season and made it to the 2nd round (div round of the playoffs if you want to be specific).  I'm like this..only time will tell.  I did like the fake punt that Tomlin did yesterday against SD.  I am complimenting Pitt though.  THey should win.  I'm just seeing and hearing too many good things about Balt. We will see how Pit fans feel about Tomlin 5 yrs from now

    Reply
    QUOTE Originally Posted by dddevin69:

     
    Excellent point, from a true Baltimo fan.  Even you see the writing on the wall. I'm actually pulling for Balt too. Maybe Tomlin will make a fatal coaching decision and shoot himself in the foot.  I've seen him do that too many times.  I'm sorry, I'm just not impressed with Tomlin

    Yeah I'm not that impressed with him either. He's only the first Steelers coach to ever win 2 division titles in his first two years, has the most wins of any Steelers coach in his first two years, and has had the #1 ranked defense in both of his first two years. And now he's coaching in the AFC Championship game with a shot to get to the Super Bowl in his 2nd year. I can see why you're not impressed with him.

    Tomlin, like Big Ben, will never get the credit he deserves. But as he says the proof is in the pudding and his numbers and results don't lie. Maybe if the Steelers had Wade Phillips as Head Coach they would be better.

     

     

     

    sorry, didn't mean to offend. It's just the way I look at it, Tomlin kind of inherited the team.  but, IF YOU WANNA CROWN EM...THEN CROWN EM!!!!!!!!!!!!  BUT WE LET EM OFF THE HOOK......                  having said that, I think it's just one of those things of time will tell.  Wade Phillips led Dallas to a great 13-3 reg season record his 1st season and made it to the 2nd round (div round of the playoffs if you want to be specific).  I'm like this..only time will tell.  I did like the fake punt that Tomlin did yesterday against SD.  I am complimenting Pitt though.  THey should win.  I'm just seeing and hearing too many good things about Balt. We will see how Pit fans feel about Tomlin 5 yrs from now

     
    bigbendastud
    bigbendastud
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 10
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 2:45 PM ET #30

     Mush13, if I am correct you are adding posts also so go work your 9-5
    Reply
     Mush13, if I am correct you are adding posts also so go work your 9-5
     
    stalker
    stalker
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 467
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 3:17 PM ET #31

    No hard feelings ddevin. You didn't offend me. You're entitled to your opinion just like everyone else that comes on here. I don't expect everyone on here to agree with everything I say. But Wade kind of inherited that team too. And in all his years of coaching he still has never won a playoff game. I was just pointing out the fact that Tomlin has done more in his first 2 years than any coach in Steelers history and probably more than most coaches have in the history of the league, much like Ben did his first 2 years and has continued to do into his 5th year. But hey, THEY ARE WHO I THOUGHT THEY WERE. A good coach and a great quarterback.
     
    Breakabookie, why does it matter how many posts someone has? I was unaware that good cappers were made by making a lot of posts on here. reykamyenom has over 4600 posts yet still makes statements like "Pittsburgh has not seen a defense like Baltimore's" even though they play each other twice every year and "Baltimore wants it more." That just makes no sense to me. Where do you get that info from? If I could find out which team wants it more before the game is even played then I would be a very rich man. My reaction to a statment like that is like Bobby Knight's reaction to when someone asks him to show them his "game face".
     
    My first 2 posts on here were legit. I gave my pick and the reasons why I like Pittsburgh in this game.  Don't hate on people because they haven't made over 500 posts yet.
     
    BOL to all of you. Go Steelers.
    Reply
    No hard feelings ddevin. You didn't offend me. You're entitled to your opinion just like everyone else that comes on here. I don't expect everyone on here to agree with everything I say. But Wade kind of inherited that team too. And in all his years of coaching he still has never won a playoff game. I was just pointing out the fact that Tomlin has done more in his first 2 years than any coach in Steelers history and probably more than most coaches have in the history of the league, much like Ben did his first 2 years and has continued to do into his 5th year. But hey, THEY ARE WHO I THOUGHT THEY WERE. A good coach and a great quarterback.
     
    Breakabookie, why does it matter how many posts someone has? I was unaware that good cappers were made by making a lot of posts on here. reykamyenom has over 4600 posts yet still makes statements like "Pittsburgh has not seen a defense like Baltimore's" even though they play each other twice every year and "Baltimore wants it more." That just makes no sense to me. Where do you get that info from? If I could find out which team wants it more before the game is even played then I would be a very rich man. My reaction to a statment like that is like Bobby Knight's reaction to when someone asks him to show them his "game face".
     
    My first 2 posts on here were legit. I gave my pick and the reasons why I like Pittsburgh in this game.  Don't hate on people because they haven't made over 500 posts yet.
     
    BOL to all of you. Go Steelers.
     
    playlive
    playlive
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 501
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 3:40 PM ET #32

    Do not underestimate the fact that Balt is going on 18 games in a row or whatever it is and this is their 3rd playoff road game in a row.
     
    They may be able to sack up and hang with the steelers the first have but they will fade in the 2nd half when the steelers keep punching dem in da mouf !
     
    In all seriousness, the Ravens are the manliest men (team ) in the league but asking them to hang within the number this weekend is asking to much.
     
    Pittsburgh 31        Baltimore 13
     
     
    Reply
    Do not underestimate the fact that Balt is going on 18 games in a row or whatever it is and this is their 3rd playoff road game in a row.
     
    They may be able to sack up and hang with the steelers the first have but they will fade in the 2nd half when the steelers keep punching dem in da mouf !
     
    In all seriousness, the Ravens are the manliest men (team ) in the league but asking them to hang within the number this weekend is asking to much.
     
    Pittsburgh 31        Baltimore 13
     
     
     
    Boludojones
    Boludojones
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 403
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 5:42 PM ET #33

    Baltimore Plus Six!??!?!?!?! - PLUS SIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the bet of the week, people!!!!!!!!!!


    Hey, the Steelers are good and all, but 6 points is 6 points...........



    As a final note to all of you still "undecided" bettors - just bet the opposite of what Fpronk bets - I'm sure he'll be in here later praising the Steelers and what a "great bet" they would be - - just a word of warning...........
    Reply
    Baltimore Plus Six!??!?!?!?! - PLUS SIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the bet of the week, people!!!!!!!!!!


    Hey, the Steelers are good and all, but 6 points is 6 points...........



    As a final note to all of you still "undecided" bettors - just bet the opposite of what Fpronk bets - I'm sure he'll be in here later praising the Steelers and what a "great bet" they would be - - just a word of warning...........
     
    gococks17
    gococks17
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 602
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 6:05 PM ET #34

    Quote Originally Posted by goatmc:

    Steelers 35-3...this one gets ugly.

    Eagles 27-24.....eagles d gets a test manning and jackson were awful.

    wow.. you think baltimores d will give up 35 to the steelers... please let me be your bookie

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by goatmc:

    Steelers 35-3...this one gets ugly.

    Eagles 27-24.....eagles d gets a test manning and jackson were awful.

    wow.. you think baltimores d will give up 35 to the steelers... please let me be your bookie

     
    VVV
    VVV
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 39
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 6:16 PM ET #35

    [Quote: Originally Posted by rekamyenoM]
    First let me say that I hate both these teams with a passion. With that said..... I think that Baltimore will prevail in this one. Pitts has not seen a defense like Baltimore. This is going to be SMASH MOUTH football! I will be buying points in this one.  The line right now is +5 si I will more than likely bu 10 and take Baltimore +15. I'm looking forward to this game!
    how can u say pittsburgh has not seen a D like baltimores. they have played them and beat them twice this year. and play in the same division and see them twice every year. i agree with u on balt +15 though. that is alot of points in what will be a defensive game.
     
    Reply
    [Quote: Originally Posted by rekamyenoM]
    First let me say that I hate both these teams with a passion. With that said..... I think that Baltimore will prevail in this one. Pitts has not seen a defense like Baltimore. This is going to be SMASH MOUTH football! I will be buying points in this one.  The line right now is +5 si I will more than likely bu 10 and take Baltimore +15. I'm looking forward to this game!
    how can u say pittsburgh has not seen a D like baltimores. they have played them and beat them twice this year. and play in the same division and see them twice every year. i agree with u on balt +15 though. that is alot of points in what will be a defensive game.
     
     
    12albert
    12albert
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 445
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 6:33 PM ET #36

    Quote Originally Posted by gococks17:

    wow.. you think baltimores d will give up 35 to the steelers... please let me be your bookie

      ravens d are sick. they will deff. hold them  to make it a n under.. the eagles anyhow  . is pretty much on the money. like i say in my threads   eagles  go to the superbowl ,but mc jack ass   messes up some how like he always does.  GO  WESTBROKE
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by gococks17:

    wow.. you think baltimores d will give up 35 to the steelers... please let me be your bookie

      ravens d are sick. they will deff. hold them  to make it a n under.. the eagles anyhow  . is pretty much on the money. like i say in my threads   eagles  go to the superbowl ,but mc jack ass   messes up some how like he always does.  GO  WESTBROKE
     
    12albert
    12albert
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 445
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 6:36 PM ET #37

    Quote Originally Posted by 12albert:

      ravens d are sick. they will deff. hold them  to make it a n under.. the eagles anyhow  . is pretty much on the money. like i say in my threads   eagles  go to the superbowl ,but mc jack ass   messes up some how like he always does.  GO  WESTBROKE
    SORRY  I MENT WESTBROOK
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by 12albert:

      ravens d are sick. they will deff. hold them  to make it a n under.. the eagles anyhow  . is pretty much on the money. like i say in my threads   eagles  go to the superbowl ,but mc jack ass   messes up some how like he always does.  GO  WESTBROKE
    SORRY  I MENT WESTBROOK
     
    gambino412
    gambino412
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 1142
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 6:58 PM ET #38

    Higher line than expected again on the steelers and as i can see most think its way to many points to be giving in this matchup, Why so many points??? ...Just like last week...     STEELERS
    Reply
    Higher line than expected again on the steelers and as i can see most think its way to many points to be giving in this matchup, Why so many points??? ...Just like last week...     STEELERS
     
    johnnyjammer
    johnnyjammer
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 760
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 7:24 PM ET #39

    I saw the spread go to 6 today ...I am not sure why but these teams are heading for a dog fight...I dont see a blowout ..I will wait on the total till friday and catch the weather....gl
    Reply
    I saw the spread go to 6 today ...I am not sure why but these teams are heading for a dog fight...I dont see a blowout ..I will wait on the total till friday and catch the weather....gl
     
    Boludojones
    Boludojones
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 403
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 7:59 PM ET #40

    Quote Originally Posted by goatmc:

    Steelers 35-3...this one gets ugly.

    Eagles 27-24.....eagles d gets a test manning and jackson were awful.



    Goat, c'mon............... 35-3 - - really?!?!?! 35 to flippin' 3?!?!?!?! You really believe that? C'mon - let's give the Ravens a little credit here, huh?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by goatmc:

    Steelers 35-3...this one gets ugly.

    Eagles 27-24.....eagles d gets a test manning and jackson were awful.



    Goat, c'mon............... 35-3 - - really?!?!?! 35 to flippin' 3?!?!?!?! You really believe that? C'mon - let's give the Ravens a little credit here, huh?
     
    Kaufee
    Kaufee
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 5013
    Posted: Jan. 12, 2009 - 11:41 PM ET #41

    Quote Originally Posted by rekamyenoM:

    First let me say that I hate both these teams with a passion. With that said..... I think that Baltimore will prevail in this one. Pitts has not seen a defense like Baltimore. This is going to be SMASH MOUTH football! I will be buying points in this one.  The line right now is +5 si I will more than likely bu 10 and take Baltimore +15. I'm looking forward to this game!


    What are you talking about? Do you mean to say that you're doing a three team 10 point teaser? I hope so because you can't possibly buy 10 points. And if you could, the juice would be so ridiculous that the bet would lose all it's value.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by rekamyenoM:

    First let me say that I hate both these teams with a passion. With that said..... I think that Baltimore will prevail in this one. Pitts has not seen a defense like Baltimore. This is going to be SMASH MOUTH football! I will be buying points in this one.  The line right now is +5 si I will more than likely bu 10 and take Baltimore +15. I'm looking forward to this game!


    What are you talking about? Do you mean to say that you're doing a three team 10 point teaser? I hope so because you can't possibly buy 10 points. And if you could, the juice would be so ridiculous that the bet would lose all it's value.
     
    garister
    garister
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 2356
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 12:00 AM ET #42

    Everyone thinks that this game will be close and majority are on the Ravens as a healthy dog getting 5 to start out and already up to 6. You gotta ask yourself WHY? Vegas is making it EZier and almost begging U to jump on board with almost a TD bonus.
     
    Steelers are in a groove and Baltimore's O is almost nonexistent. They rely on TOs to score and that isn't gonna happen this weekend. Steelers -6 is the play.
    Last weekend Tenn handed them the game by turning it over twice inside the 15. Pitts D knows whats coming and will the rookied be able to adjust I am not too sure.
    Sttelers go to the Bowl winning by Double Digits.
    Reply
    Everyone thinks that this game will be close and majority are on the Ravens as a healthy dog getting 5 to start out and already up to 6. You gotta ask yourself WHY? Vegas is making it EZier and almost begging U to jump on board with almost a TD bonus.
     
    Steelers are in a groove and Baltimore's O is almost nonexistent. They rely on TOs to score and that isn't gonna happen this weekend. Steelers -6 is the play.
    Last weekend Tenn handed them the game by turning it over twice inside the 15. Pitts D knows whats coming and will the rookied be able to adjust I am not too sure.
    Sttelers go to the Bowl winning by Double Digits.
     
    booyahz123
    booyahz123
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 1668
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 12:12 AM ET #43

    baltimore coming off a physical game with tenn. the physical play of pitt at home against a hated rivalry should be too much for flacco and his 120 yards a game.baltimore defense keeps it under but pitt covers. people are on the points and it went from 5 to 6.
    pitt 17
    balt 9
    Reply
    baltimore coming off a physical game with tenn. the physical play of pitt at home against a hated rivalry should be too much for flacco and his 120 yards a game.baltimore defense keeps it under but pitt covers. people are on the points and it went from 5 to 6.
    pitt 17
    balt 9
     
    rushingnick
    rushingnick
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 8
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 1:26 AM ET #44

    it sure is gonna be cold & probably some snow, think ill take thre under 34!
    Reply
    it sure is gonna be cold & probably some snow, think ill take thre under 34!
     
    Jerry Garcia1
    Jerry Garcia1
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 6995
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 1:41 AM ET #45

    I think the reason Pitt is laying 6 points is because the books saw what happened in the Ravens/Titans game this past weekend.  The Titans should have rolled the Ravens by two or more scores had the Titans not turned the ball over so many times and they did so with the ball deep inside the redzone.  So many points left on the field by the Titans.
     
    Key points to consider in this game are:
    • The Ravens have played in two very physical games the past two weeks and have plenty of key players banged up.
    • Pittsburgh got a relatively easy win against the Chargers and more importantly they stayed healthy; only giving up the one sack to a Charger team that has been putting plenty of pressure on the opposing QB.
    • The Ravens have gotten this far by waiting on the other team to flinch and both the Dolphins and Titans obliged by turning the ball over multiple times in their respective games.
    • Pittsburgh will not give the Ravens 3+ turnovers, I guarantee that.
    • Flacco has done very well to do just enough on his part to move ball and more importantly not turn the ball over.  How's he going to respond when the Ravens are down two sccores?  (I would be willing to lay 10-1 that Pitt goes up at least two scores at some point in this game)
    • And the most important factor of all.......home field advantage!  The terrible towels will be flyin and the crowd is going to be ultra pumped for this game.
    • For those that say it's unlikely that a team can beat an opponent 3 times in the same season I say hogwash!  The previous two Pittsburgh victories over Baltimore this season have no bearing on this game, Pittsburgh will go 3-0 against Baltimore this season.
     
    Unless there's freezing rain or 2 feet of snow and/or 20+ MPH wind gusts, I'm taking Pitt and laying the 6 points.
     
    "Here we go Steelers, here we go!"
     
    Steelers win this one 23-6
     
    Reply
    I think the reason Pitt is laying 6 points is because the books saw what happened in the Ravens/Titans game this past weekend.  The Titans should have rolled the Ravens by two or more scores had the Titans not turned the ball over so many times and they did so with the ball deep inside the redzone.  So many points left on the field by the Titans.
     
    Key points to consider in this game are:
    • The Ravens have played in two very physical games the past two weeks and have plenty of key players banged up.
    • Pittsburgh got a relatively easy win against the Chargers and more importantly they stayed healthy; only giving up the one sack to a Charger team that has been putting plenty of pressure on the opposing QB.
    • The Ravens have gotten this far by waiting on the other team to flinch and both the Dolphins and Titans obliged by turning the ball over multiple times in their respective games.
    • Pittsburgh will not give the Ravens 3+ turnovers, I guarantee that.
    • Flacco has done very well to do just enough on his part to move ball and more importantly not turn the ball over.  How's he going to respond when the Ravens are down two sccores?  (I would be willing to lay 10-1 that Pitt goes up at least two scores at some point in this game)
    • And the most important factor of all.......home field advantage!  The terrible towels will be flyin and the crowd is going to be ultra pumped for this game.
    • For those that say it's unlikely that a team can beat an opponent 3 times in the same season I say hogwash!  The previous two Pittsburgh victories over Baltimore this season have no bearing on this game, Pittsburgh will go 3-0 against Baltimore this season.
     
    Unless there's freezing rain or 2 feet of snow and/or 20+ MPH wind gusts, I'm taking Pitt and laying the 6 points.
     
    "Here we go Steelers, here we go!"
     
    Steelers win this one 23-6
     
     
    sirmartingale
    sirmartingale
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 189
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 2:08 AM ET #46

    I've already put $500 on the Steelers moneyline, and I am considering putting some money on the spread as well. I am 99% sure Pit wins SU.
     
    The Ravens are banged up, and the biggest injury is Suggs. We have all seen the weakness of the Ravens corners allowing a lot of receptions, if they can't get pressure Ward and Holmes will be open a lot. Their D line is a bunch of fat run stuffers because they play a 3-4, the rely on blitzing backers for pressure.
     
    Also Willie Parker is finally fully healthy. When these teams met in Pit the first time, they were down to Moore after Mendenhall got hurt.
     
    The run D of the Steelers will force Flacco to make more plays than he's ever had to, and the blitzing of the Steelers backers will undoubtably result in some sacks and turnovers.
    Reply
    I've already put $500 on the Steelers moneyline, and I am considering putting some money on the spread as well. I am 99% sure Pit wins SU.
     
    The Ravens are banged up, and the biggest injury is Suggs. We have all seen the weakness of the Ravens corners allowing a lot of receptions, if they can't get pressure Ward and Holmes will be open a lot. Their D line is a bunch of fat run stuffers because they play a 3-4, the rely on blitzing backers for pressure.
     
    Also Willie Parker is finally fully healthy. When these teams met in Pit the first time, they were down to Moore after Mendenhall got hurt.
     
    The run D of the Steelers will force Flacco to make more plays than he's ever had to, and the blitzing of the Steelers backers will undoubtably result in some sacks and turnovers.
     
    pickenwinners
    pickenwinners
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 1549
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 2:50 AM ET #47

    both D's are great so it comes down to one question. If you had to pick one O to go against the others D who do you pick? You cant possible pick flacco and baltimore going against pitts D. You have to go with Big ben. I disslike both teams but i dont see how baltimore is the right side of this game
    Reply
    both D's are great so it comes down to one question. If you had to pick one O to go against the others D who do you pick? You cant possible pick flacco and baltimore going against pitts D. You have to go with Big ben. I disslike both teams but i dont see how baltimore is the right side of this game
     
    johnnyjammer
    johnnyjammer
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 760
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 3:07 AM ET #48

    I think the spread will influence baltimore to play harder.....no team has an advantage in inclement weather unless you were practicing in it like the pats probabably have in their domes practice facility...billy b probably had an ice company come in and blast that stuff all over the practice field...the game with the cardinals in new england was was the hell over so its just a matter if you know how to run a running slant to freeze the defender in his tracks trying to keep his posture for the tackle ...I saw a raiders/broncos games five years ago with about 3 inches the whole game and they lit it up as well....keep jewing the total i will take it when you are done
    Reply
    I think the spread will influence baltimore to play harder.....no team has an advantage in inclement weather unless you were practicing in it like the pats probabably have in their domes practice facility...billy b probably had an ice company come in and blast that stuff all over the practice field...the game with the cardinals in new england was was the hell over so its just a matter if you know how to run a running slant to freeze the defender in his tracks trying to keep his posture for the tackle ...I saw a raiders/broncos games five years ago with about 3 inches the whole game and they lit it up as well....keep jewing the total i will take it when you are done
     
    peat
    peat
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 113
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 3:14 AM ET #49

    Ok I read this AT LEAST twice "Can't see a Rookie QB winning 3 playoff games in a row (and on the road)".

    Well OPEN YOUR EYES 
    #1. MIAMI   #2. JACKSONVILLE   #3. TENNESSEE
     

    Now, normally I'd say Ravens win this. But, bravado aside, that heavyweight Titans fight took a lot of juice out of them.

    However, even if Ravens don't win, (Remember, Jesus loves the Ravens)  they cover the 6 points.
    Reply
    Ok I read this AT LEAST twice "Can't see a Rookie QB winning 3 playoff games in a row (and on the road)".

    Well OPEN YOUR EYES 
    #1. MIAMI   #2. JACKSONVILLE   #3. TENNESSEE
     

    Now, normally I'd say Ravens win this. But, bravado aside, that heavyweight Titans fight took a lot of juice out of them.

    However, even if Ravens don't win, (Remember, Jesus loves the Ravens)  they cover the 6 points.
     
     
    peat
    peat
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 113
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2009 - 3:53 AM ET #50

    Oh yeah! Jacksonville wasn't Playoff...well it felt like it dammit.


    This is what I get for trying drunken smack talk.

    Well, just swap the word JACKSONVILLE with PITTSBURGH


    Reply
    Oh yeah! Jacksonville wasn't Playoff...well it felt like it dammit.


    This is what I get for trying drunken smack talk.

    Well, just swap the word JACKSONVILLE with PITTSBURGH


    All Forums | Pro Football
    «First Previous 234 ... 111213 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,673
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,321
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,052
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,787
    • MLB Playoffs 5,524
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,449
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 5,965
    • Sunday nFl Wk 4 7,032
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,298
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,019

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.