• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Penalty Box

    Someone help please, having problems with local bookie.

    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
    trillypad
    BET2WIN4
    Baby_BA
    GolfPro23
    TreyInventor
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 5172
    Posts: 86
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
     
    trillypad
    trillypad
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2013
    Posts: 1542
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 11:03 AM ET #26

    Jbost, yes I would have paid him. Probably would have to take out a bit of credit on my house (like 25k), but I would have paid him by Friday. I was planning on paying in the situation of a loss, 100%.

    nhldrama, I've always been skeptical of online books, to be honest. I may have to look into it. I don't know much about this guy, minus the fact that I met him through my manager at my first job 6 years ago. Never associated much. I don't want to go the wrong way and some stupid garbage happen, but I also don't really want to pay the dude when I WON. You are correct there.
    Reply
    Jbost, yes I would have paid him. Probably would have to take out a bit of credit on my house (like 25k), but I would have paid him by Friday. I was planning on paying in the situation of a loss, 100%.

    nhldrama, I've always been skeptical of online books, to be honest. I may have to look into it. I don't know much about this guy, minus the fact that I met him through my manager at my first job 6 years ago. Never associated much. I don't want to go the wrong way and some stupid garbage happen, but I also don't really want to pay the dude when I WON. You are correct there.
     
    trillypad
    trillypad
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2013
    Posts: 1542
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 11:05 AM ET #27

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderpug:

    Come to Vegas. Set up an account at one or many of the casinos with apps and someone like me can manage it for you, if you get my drift. Only you can deposit and withdraw.
    Raiderpug, if only that were an option. I live in Ohio and my soon to be wife would go nuts if I tried to skate to Vegas every so often. It sucks living basically a 2nd life in the gambling world.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderpug:

    Come to Vegas. Set up an account at one or many of the casinos with apps and someone like me can manage it for you, if you get my drift. Only you can deposit and withdraw.
    Raiderpug, if only that were an option. I live in Ohio and my soon to be wife would go nuts if I tried to skate to Vegas every so often. It sucks living basically a 2nd life in the gambling world.
     
    BET2WIN4
    BET2WIN4
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2014
    Posts: 3182
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 11:05 AM ET #28

    Full of  Sh*t
    Reply
    Full of  Sh*t
     
    Baby_BA
    Baby_BA
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 19550
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 11:09 AM ET #29

    Quote Originally Posted by nhldrama:


    Don't pay him a dollar. You should tell him he owes you money now. Not only that but tell him your done for week and will see him Friday to collect it. Unless he's mobbed up and then maybe you should move, lol. I know it's not a laughing matter by all means. I think at the end of the day. It's really simple as the following, 1) no limits were set, 2) text messages on your phone proves with time stamps your bets.  I think had you lost first game there's no way he would have said , " ok down 2k more then at 1:00. Naturally he would have said ." Your down a lot. I need you to give me something before I take another bet at 8:00."  So tell him the two things listed above. Remind him it's been a valuable lesson to both of you. Inform him he has 3 options moving forward. To pay you where your at now. Set a limit moving forward. And/or you've learned your lesson and moving forward to a different book. But under no circumstances other then being killed should they be "involved" like I said earlier are you paying. You want your money!!!! Good luck.


    This is 100% right.  If he didn't set limits, and he said he doesn't have to send acknowledgments then HE OWES YOU.  Tell him you followed his rules, and no way should you give him a dime.
    If he says he's not paying then you need to find another book.  If he does pay, I'd still find another book.
    Good luck and let us know how things work out.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by nhldrama:


    Don't pay him a dollar. You should tell him he owes you money now. Not only that but tell him your done for week and will see him Friday to collect it. Unless he's mobbed up and then maybe you should move, lol. I know it's not a laughing matter by all means. I think at the end of the day. It's really simple as the following, 1) no limits were set, 2) text messages on your phone proves with time stamps your bets.  I think had you lost first game there's no way he would have said , " ok down 2k more then at 1:00. Naturally he would have said ." Your down a lot. I need you to give me something before I take another bet at 8:00."  So tell him the two things listed above. Remind him it's been a valuable lesson to both of you. Inform him he has 3 options moving forward. To pay you where your at now. Set a limit moving forward. And/or you've learned your lesson and moving forward to a different book. But under no circumstances other then being killed should they be "involved" like I said earlier are you paying. You want your money!!!! Good luck.


    This is 100% right.  If he didn't set limits, and he said he doesn't have to send acknowledgments then HE OWES YOU.  Tell him you followed his rules, and no way should you give him a dime.
    If he says he's not paying then you need to find another book.  If he does pay, I'd still find another book.
    Good luck and let us know how things work out.
     
    GolfPro23
    GolfPro23
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 302
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 11:13 AM ET #30

    This story does not sound real after you stated you would have to take a line of credit on your house to pay the 25k. That means you
    are betting 20k on a game without having the money available. You 
    must really be an idiot. I suggest going for help immediately before
    contacting bookie. Good Luck and quit gambling
    Reply
    This story does not sound real after you stated you would have to take a line of credit on your house to pay the 25k. That means you
    are betting 20k on a game without having the money available. You 
    must really be an idiot. I suggest going for help immediately before
    contacting bookie. Good Luck and quit gambling
     
    TreyInventor
    TreyInventor
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2012
    Posts: 13775
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 11:13 AM ET #31

    Why not just fly out to Vegas if you are betting that much?
    Reply
    Why not just fly out to Vegas if you are betting that much?
     
    NinjaSkillZ
    NinjaSkillZ
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 36
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 11:16 AM ET #32

    Quote Originally Posted by GolfPro23:

    This story does not sound real . 
    You must really be an idiot. 

    this.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfPro23:

    This story does not sound real . 
    You must really be an idiot. 

    this.
     
    trillypad
    trillypad
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2013
    Posts: 1542
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 11:25 AM ET #33

    Quote Originally Posted by GolfPro23:

    This story does not sound real after you stated you would have to take a line of credit on your house to pay the 25k. That means you
    are betting 20k on a game without having the money available. You 
    must really be an idiot. I suggest going for help immediately before
    contacting bookie. Good Luck and quit gambling
    I want to quit, this was all in or nothing for me. And this is it, I just want to be treated fairly.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfPro23:

    This story does not sound real after you stated you would have to take a line of credit on your house to pay the 25k. That means you
    are betting 20k on a game without having the money available. You 
    must really be an idiot. I suggest going for help immediately before
    contacting bookie. Good Luck and quit gambling
    I want to quit, this was all in or nothing for me. And this is it, I just want to be treated fairly.
     
    Masspike
    Masspike
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 1183
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 11:30 AM ET #34

    Given the circumstances,betting 20k and 25k without confirmations is a catastrophe waiting to happen. You juiced your wagers up in order to get out, chasing. After he protested (after the game was completed) the Giants bet and said it was a 2k limit, why would you fire a 25k Pats bet at him and expect that to be accepted. Im a bit confused as to why neither one of you established whether the Pats game was on or not. You say he said Giants 20k bet was a no go (2k limit) so why would he later on take a 25k Pats bet?  Clearly, betting limits should have been agreed upon before season started thus eliminating this dilemma. If you had lost the Giants bet, was your Pats wager going to be for 60k?  I can understand your frustration, this guy not getting back to you before Giants game started definitely created this problem.  As a neutral, I would credit you on the Giants wager, disallow the Pats bet. GL on whatever settlement you guys agree upon.
    Reply
    Given the circumstances,betting 20k and 25k without confirmations is a catastrophe waiting to happen. You juiced your wagers up in order to get out, chasing. After he protested (after the game was completed) the Giants bet and said it was a 2k limit, why would you fire a 25k Pats bet at him and expect that to be accepted. Im a bit confused as to why neither one of you established whether the Pats game was on or not. You say he said Giants 20k bet was a no go (2k limit) so why would he later on take a 25k Pats bet?  Clearly, betting limits should have been agreed upon before season started thus eliminating this dilemma. If you had lost the Giants bet, was your Pats wager going to be for 60k?  I can understand your frustration, this guy not getting back to you before Giants game started definitely created this problem.  As a neutral, I would credit you on the Giants wager, disallow the Pats bet. GL on whatever settlement you guys agree upon.
     
    GolfPro23
    GolfPro23
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 302
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 11:39 AM ET #35

    This story has many flaws. First of all, you were betting 2k a game
    and down 40k by 4pm on Sunday. That means with vig you were 
    0-18 1-19 2-20 or somewhere in the vicinity. So football betting is 
    certainly not your expertise. Then you state you're sick of it and
    just want to get even--its only the first week of the season. I 
    seriously doubt that this story is real. Someone's betting 2k a
    game with no money then suddenly wants to bet 20 or 25k. This 
    is after losing 18 games in 2 days. Wow how long did it take to
    make this up?
    Reply
    This story has many flaws. First of all, you were betting 2k a game
    and down 40k by 4pm on Sunday. That means with vig you were 
    0-18 1-19 2-20 or somewhere in the vicinity. So football betting is 
    certainly not your expertise. Then you state you're sick of it and
    just want to get even--its only the first week of the season. I 
    seriously doubt that this story is real. Someone's betting 2k a
    game with no money then suddenly wants to bet 20 or 25k. This 
    is after losing 18 games in 2 days. Wow how long did it take to
    make this up?
     
    bigdude
    bigdude
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2013
    Posts: 3461
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 11:56 AM ET #36

    Quote Originally Posted by trillypad:

    So going into Sunday I was down around 30k, going into 4 pm games I was down about 40k. I have been betting 2k per wager, and me and the bookmaker never agreed on a wager limit. Giants game rolls around at 4 and I text him to place 20k on Giants money line. After the game is over he texts me and says Giants was 2k right? So I tell him no it was for 20, and he said nothing over 2k and it doesn't count. I also sent him patriots +8.5 for 25k as well, assuming he is going to screw me and try to get me to pay full 40k. Does anyone have advice? To me this is a load of bullsh*t considering we never set a wager limit, and he didn't text me until the NYG game was over, and tried to change the rules at the end of the week. Any input welcome and appreciated, thank you.

    You know better
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by trillypad:

    So going into Sunday I was down around 30k, going into 4 pm games I was down about 40k. I have been betting 2k per wager, and me and the bookmaker never agreed on a wager limit. Giants game rolls around at 4 and I text him to place 20k on Giants money line. After the game is over he texts me and says Giants was 2k right? So I tell him no it was for 20, and he said nothing over 2k and it doesn't count. I also sent him patriots +8.5 for 25k as well, assuming he is going to screw me and try to get me to pay full 40k. Does anyone have advice? To me this is a load of bullsh*t considering we never set a wager limit, and he didn't text me until the NYG game was over, and tried to change the rules at the end of the week. Any input welcome and appreciated, thank you.

    You know better
     
    bigdude
    bigdude
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2013
    Posts: 3461
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 11:57 AM ET #37

    Your full of it.. nobody takes 20 k bets after you bet 2 k to get down to minus 40 k... you cant pick your nose buddy let alone a winner
    Reply
    Your full of it.. nobody takes 20 k bets after you bet 2 k to get down to minus 40 k... you cant pick your nose buddy let alone a winner
     
    trillypad
    trillypad
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2013
    Posts: 1542
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 12:15 PM ET #38

    Quote Originally Posted by GolfPro23:

    This story has many flaws. First of all, you were betting 2k a game
    and down 40k by 4pm on Sunday. That means with vig you were 
    0-18 1-19 2-20 or somewhere in the vicinity. So football betting is 
    certainly not your expertise. Then you state you're sick of it and
    just want to get even--its only the first week of the season. I 
    seriously doubt that this story is real. Someone's betting 2k a
    game with no money then suddenly wants to bet 20 or 25k. This 
    is after losing 18 games in 2 days. Wow how long did it take to
    make this up?

    I didn't make this up first off. Second off, I bet all sports from baseball, football, and occasionally a soccer game. On Saturday I went through a bad losing streak. I tried to get it back with these two wagers or step out of sports gambling for good. I would not post this for your or my entertainment, I actually need help.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfPro23:

    This story has many flaws. First of all, you were betting 2k a game
    and down 40k by 4pm on Sunday. That means with vig you were 
    0-18 1-19 2-20 or somewhere in the vicinity. So football betting is 
    certainly not your expertise. Then you state you're sick of it and
    just want to get even--its only the first week of the season. I 
    seriously doubt that this story is real. Someone's betting 2k a
    game with no money then suddenly wants to bet 20 or 25k. This 
    is after losing 18 games in 2 days. Wow how long did it take to
    make this up?

    I didn't make this up first off. Second off, I bet all sports from baseball, football, and occasionally a soccer game. On Saturday I went through a bad losing streak. I tried to get it back with these two wagers or step out of sports gambling for good. I would not post this for your or my entertainment, I actually need help.
     
    elway1771
    elway1771
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 13
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 12:24 PM ET #39

    dont pay the crook. Hes trying to fuck you. If he didnt establish rules then there was none. If he wants ur businesz he'll make it right. If he doesnt then he'll try and fuck u. U have a clear case. If ur bookie would rather play golf than to ensure his business is propetly run, hes a joke and trying to fuck u. He didn't show consistency by taking bets correctly. Never speak to him again. Nit professional and a snake
    Reply
    dont pay the crook. Hes trying to fuck you. If he didnt establish rules then there was none. If he wants ur businesz he'll make it right. If he doesnt then he'll try and fuck u. U have a clear case. If ur bookie would rather play golf than to ensure his business is propetly run, hes a joke and trying to fuck u. He didn't show consistency by taking bets correctly. Never speak to him again. Nit professional and a snake
     
    Ecukingbuddy
    Ecukingbuddy
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 211
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 12:28 PM ET #40

    I really dont get why a guy who has been here since 2013 with over 1500 post would all of a Sudden make this story up... just doesnt make any sense

    As others have said, your only option is to talk to this guy, tell him your reasoning, make reference to the wager limit was never set and hopefully settle to where neither of you pay each other anything.

    Id much rather not have to fork up 40K then worry about having a extra 5k in my pocket.

    Either way BOL and let us know what happens 
    Reply
    I really dont get why a guy who has been here since 2013 with over 1500 post would all of a Sudden make this story up... just doesnt make any sense

    As others have said, your only option is to talk to this guy, tell him your reasoning, make reference to the wager limit was never set and hopefully settle to where neither of you pay each other anything.

    Id much rather not have to fork up 40K then worry about having a extra 5k in my pocket.

    Either way BOL and let us know what happens 
     
    trillypad
    trillypad
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2013
    Posts: 1542
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 12:34 PM ET #41

    I agree with you two. I'm not looking to get the 5k, just want it to be over with. I have no reason to make this up. I work and go to school full time so for me to have time to talk to you all on here is very rare... I just need help without all of this mess effecting the rest of my life. I have a wonderful soon to be wife, I've networked well within my community and I don't want it to get messed up over gambling, especially after I won.
    Reply
    I agree with you two. I'm not looking to get the 5k, just want it to be over with. I have no reason to make this up. I work and go to school full time so for me to have time to talk to you all on here is very rare... I just need help without all of this mess effecting the rest of my life. I have a wonderful soon to be wife, I've networked well within my community and I don't want it to get messed up over gambling, especially after I won.
     
    trillypad
    trillypad
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2013
    Posts: 1542
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 12:36 PM ET #42

    This stuff is almost a disease to me, and I'm serious when I say I'm done when I get this figured out
    Reply
    This stuff is almost a disease to me, and I'm serious when I say I'm done when I get this figured out
     
    YELAWOLF
    YELAWOLF
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 4274
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 12:47 PM ET #43

    A bet is a bet. He owes you 5k. Obviously he waited Til after the game to say "oh I thought it was only 2k" because that's bullshit. Just chalk up that 5k as a loss because I doubt he will pay you. Leave him asap
    Reply
    A bet is a bet. He owes you 5k. Obviously he waited Til after the game to say "oh I thought it was only 2k" because that's bullshit. Just chalk up that 5k as a loss because I doubt he will pay you. Leave him asap
     
    trillypad
    trillypad
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2013
    Posts: 1542
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 12:51 PM ET #44

    Quote Originally Posted by YELAWOLF:

    A bet is a bet. He owes you 5k. Obviously he waited Til after the game to say "oh I thought it was only 2k" because that's bullshit. Just chalk up that 5k as a loss because I doubt he will pay you. Leave him asap
    Yelawolf, I don't care about getting paid. Just don't want the guy to come back on me later.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by YELAWOLF:

    A bet is a bet. He owes you 5k. Obviously he waited Til after the game to say "oh I thought it was only 2k" because that's bullshit. Just chalk up that 5k as a loss because I doubt he will pay you. Leave him asap
    Yelawolf, I don't care about getting paid. Just don't want the guy to come back on me later.
     
    undermysac
    undermysac
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 52287
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 12:56 PM ET #45

    Sounds to me like he would owe you for the 20K giants bet since no limits were set, and that he never required a text back confirmation for any other previous bets. The fact that he texted back "it was 2K right" shows he's full of sh*t and tried to get out of it.

    But for the 25K bet on the Pats, he would have a case for not allowing it since the 2K limit was "kind of" established after you technically won that 20K Giants bet.

    Sounds like a horrible situation man, if this story is 100% legit I have to say it made my stomach turn a bit. I wish you the best of luck in getting this resolved. Hopefully this dude doesn't have any mob ties and is a reasonable guy.


    Reply
    Sounds to me like he would owe you for the 20K giants bet since no limits were set, and that he never required a text back confirmation for any other previous bets. The fact that he texted back "it was 2K right" shows he's full of sh*t and tried to get out of it.

    But for the 25K bet on the Pats, he would have a case for not allowing it since the 2K limit was "kind of" established after you technically won that 20K Giants bet.

    Sounds like a horrible situation man, if this story is 100% legit I have to say it made my stomach turn a bit. I wish you the best of luck in getting this resolved. Hopefully this dude doesn't have any mob ties and is a reasonable guy.


     
    trillypad
    trillypad
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2013
    Posts: 1542
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 1:01 PM ET #46

    Quote Originally Posted by undermysac:

    Sounds to me like he would owe you for the 20K giants bet since no limits were set, and that he never required a text back confirmation for any other previous bets. The fact that he texted back "it was 2K right" shows he's full of sh*t and tried to get out of it.

    But for the 25K bet on the Pats, he would have a case for not allowing it since the 2K limit was "kind of" established after you technically won that 20K Giants bet.

    Sounds like a horrible situation man, if this story is 100% legit I have to say it made my stomach turn a bit. I wish you the best of luck in getting this resolved. Hopefully this dude doesn't have any mob ties and is a reasonable guy.


    undermysac, he seemed cool when I met him but he is being ridiculous about this situation. I don't know much about him, and I'm thinking about blocking his number, and moving on. Any thoughts? I've never been in such a stupid situation. I'm 22, built a great life for myself, and am in a situation where it could be thrown away over some bullsh*t...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by undermysac:

    Sounds to me like he would owe you for the 20K giants bet since no limits were set, and that he never required a text back confirmation for any other previous bets. The fact that he texted back "it was 2K right" shows he's full of sh*t and tried to get out of it.

    But for the 25K bet on the Pats, he would have a case for not allowing it since the 2K limit was "kind of" established after you technically won that 20K Giants bet.

    Sounds like a horrible situation man, if this story is 100% legit I have to say it made my stomach turn a bit. I wish you the best of luck in getting this resolved. Hopefully this dude doesn't have any mob ties and is a reasonable guy.


    undermysac, he seemed cool when I met him but he is being ridiculous about this situation. I don't know much about him, and I'm thinking about blocking his number, and moving on. Any thoughts? I've never been in such a stupid situation. I'm 22, built a great life for myself, and am in a situation where it could be thrown away over some bullsh*t...
     
    rainmaker1855
    rainmaker1855
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2016
    Posts: 738
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 1:12 PM ET #47

    honestly, not much you can do here - what i would do is get whatever money you can from him and move on - treat it as a very expensiveand hard lesson learned (and not to be repeated.)

    BOL OP
    Reply
    honestly, not much you can do here - what i would do is get whatever money you can from him and move on - treat it as a very expensiveand hard lesson learned (and not to be repeated.)

    BOL OP
     
    OCswag
    OCswag
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2016
    Posts: 413
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 1:16 PM ET #48

    Mob up and demand your $$$.. They shady!
    Reply
    Mob up and demand your $$$.. They shady!
     
    Baby_BA
    Baby_BA
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 19550
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 1:21 PM ET #49

    Quote Originally Posted by trillypad:

    undermysac, he seemed cool when I met him but he is being ridiculous about this situation. I don't know much about him, and I'm thinking about blocking his number, and moving on. Any thoughts? I've never been in such a stupid situation. I'm 22, built a great life for myself, and am in a situation where it could be thrown away over some bullsh*t...


    Don't block his number;  that makes you look like the one who's wrong.
    Stick with the FACT that there were no limits set, and that he had no problem with the higher bets when they were placed.  And INSIST that he pay you the 5K which at the very least means you won't be paying him.
    As long as you stay on script you're ok.  Once you give in on any point you're going to get boned on this.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by trillypad:

    undermysac, he seemed cool when I met him but he is being ridiculous about this situation. I don't know much about him, and I'm thinking about blocking his number, and moving on. Any thoughts? I've never been in such a stupid situation. I'm 22, built a great life for myself, and am in a situation where it could be thrown away over some bullsh*t...


    Don't block his number;  that makes you look like the one who's wrong.
    Stick with the FACT that there were no limits set, and that he had no problem with the higher bets when they were placed.  And INSIST that he pay you the 5K which at the very least means you won't be paying him.
    As long as you stay on script you're ok.  Once you give in on any point you're going to get boned on this.
     
     
    nhldrama
    nhldrama
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 7
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 1:33 PM ET #50

    Quote Originally Posted by trillypad:

    Jbost, yes I would have paid him. Probably would have to take out a bit of credit on my house (like 25k), but I would have paid him by Friday. I was planning on paying in the situation of a loss, 100%.

    nhldrama, I've always been skeptical of online books, to be honest. I may have to look into it. I don't know much about this guy, minus the fact that I met him through my manager at my first job 6 years ago. Never associated much. I don't want to go the wrong way and some stupid garbage happen, but I also don't really want to pay the dude when I WON. You are correct there.

    Honestly you can't pay him. If you have the texts saved. If never a amount was discussed.  No way. Not to mention the fact you won. I truly believe he was rolling the dice to see what happened with the 4:00 games. You can't possibly tell me a bookie on week one Sunday afternoon isn't looking at his phone. Especially when people are betting dimes on games. I don't care golfing, hanging out with the pope, etc.,  he was hoping you lost. Obviously. When you didn't, he went to the back up plan. Which is bullshit. Tonight, try this. Send him another text saying," I'm up $xxxxx.00." When he comes back with his bs," no remember 2k max " ask him when that was discussed?  He obviously can't tell you when. So tell him this is what your up and your not betting with him til the pays you. Again, if he's not "connected" which I'm assuming not because they would let ya bet the house and then come take it should ya of lost. So tell him your up xxx and want it. Not betting til then. If he don't pay , darn em and move on. As far as online man, I've bet a lot and gotten some good checks. You gotta go to bovada or sportsbook.ag. Both reliable and good. At end of every week you withdraw. Minimize your risk that way. Also minimizes dealing with scum. Worst that can happen is another black Monday like years ago when I lost 12k through stars. Look forward to hearing what he says
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by trillypad:

    Jbost, yes I would have paid him. Probably would have to take out a bit of credit on my house (like 25k), but I would have paid him by Friday. I was planning on paying in the situation of a loss, 100%.

    nhldrama, I've always been skeptical of online books, to be honest. I may have to look into it. I don't know much about this guy, minus the fact that I met him through my manager at my first job 6 years ago. Never associated much. I don't want to go the wrong way and some stupid garbage happen, but I also don't really want to pay the dude when I WON. You are correct there.

    Honestly you can't pay him. If you have the texts saved. If never a amount was discussed.  No way. Not to mention the fact you won. I truly believe he was rolling the dice to see what happened with the 4:00 games. You can't possibly tell me a bookie on week one Sunday afternoon isn't looking at his phone. Especially when people are betting dimes on games. I don't care golfing, hanging out with the pope, etc.,  he was hoping you lost. Obviously. When you didn't, he went to the back up plan. Which is bullshit. Tonight, try this. Send him another text saying," I'm up $xxxxx.00." When he comes back with his bs," no remember 2k max " ask him when that was discussed?  He obviously can't tell you when. So tell him this is what your up and your not betting with him til the pays you. Again, if he's not "connected" which I'm assuming not because they would let ya bet the house and then come take it should ya of lost. So tell him your up xxx and want it. Not betting til then. If he don't pay , darn em and move on. As far as online man, I've bet a lot and gotten some good checks. You gotta go to bovada or sportsbook.ag. Both reliable and good. At end of every week you withdraw. Minimize your risk that way. Also minimizes dealing with scum. Worst that can happen is another black Monday like years ago when I lost 12k through stars. Look forward to hearing what he says
    All Forums | Penalty Box
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,708
    • Monday 09/28/2026 812
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,193
    • Eagles vs Bears in-game live MNF 2,827
    • PART DEUX 271
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,283
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,004
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,453
    • Eagles@Bears discussion 3,673
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,417

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.