• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Penalty Box

    Someone help please, having problems with local bookie.

    1234 Next Last»
    trillypad
    Jrod6
    MrFace
    bouncer07
    newmarket
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 5172
    Posts: 86
    1234 Next Last»
     
    trillypad
    trillypad
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2013
    Posts: 1542
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 9:41 AM ET #1

    So going into Sunday I was down around 30k, going into 4 pm games I was down about 40k. I have been betting 2k per wager, and me and the bookmaker never agreed on a wager limit. Giants game rolls around at 4 and I text him to place 20k on Giants money line. After the game is over he texts me and says Giants was 2k right? So I tell him no it was for 20, and he said nothing over 2k and it doesn't count. I also sent him patriots +8.5 for 25k as well, assuming he is going to screw me and try to get me to pay full 40k. Does anyone have advice? To me this is a load of bullsh*t considering we never set a wager limit, and he didn't text me until the NYG game was over, and tried to change the rules at the end of the week. Any input welcome and appreciated, thank you.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    So going into Sunday I was down around 30k, going into 4 pm games I was down about 40k. I have been betting 2k per wager, and me and the bookmaker never agreed on a wager limit. Giants game rolls around at 4 and I text him to place 20k on Giants money line. After the game is over he texts me and says Giants was 2k right? So I tell him no it was for 20, and he said nothing over 2k and it doesn't count. I also sent him patriots +8.5 for 25k as well, assuming he is going to screw me and try to get me to pay full 40k. Does anyone have advice? To me this is a load of bullsh*t considering we never set a wager limit, and he didn't text me until the NYG game was over, and tried to change the rules at the end of the week. Any input welcome and appreciated, thank you.
     
    Jrod6
    Jrod6
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2015
    Posts: 4252
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 9:43 AM ET #2

    This is why you best with money you have, or just go to Vegas. Your in a tight bind GL 
    Reply
    This is why you best with money you have, or just go to Vegas. Your in a tight bind GL 
     
    MrFace
    MrFace
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 621
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 9:46 AM ET #3

    Yeah, there is nothing you can do. It's not like you can give him a bad Yelp review or report him to the BBB. Next time, make sure you get all the rules up front, especially if you're betting those large amounts. BOL
    Reply
    Yeah, there is nothing you can do. It's not like you can give him a bad Yelp review or report him to the BBB. Next time, make sure you get all the rules up front, especially if you're betting those large amounts. BOL
     
    bouncer07
    bouncer07
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 883
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 9:47 AM ET #4

    LOL... ALWAYS have your bookie text back to confirm after you placed the bet. THATS where most corrupt bookies take your money.
    Reply
    LOL... ALWAYS have your bookie text back to confirm after you placed the bet. THATS where most corrupt bookies take your money.
     
    newmarket
    newmarket
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2013
    Posts: 8734
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 9:54 AM ET #5

    You bet that big.. you fly to Vegas straight up..
    Reply
    You bet that big.. you fly to Vegas straight up..
     
    trillypad
    trillypad
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2013
    Posts: 1542
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 9:58 AM ET #6

    Word, now I know guys... Should I tell him to piss off? He told me in the past he does not have to text back to confirm. I've been betting with money I do have, it's just BS that he tried to set a wager limit after a 20k bet hits. He said he didn't text back earlier because he was at a golf tournament.
    Reply
    Word, now I know guys... Should I tell him to piss off? He told me in the past he does not have to text back to confirm. I've been betting with money I do have, it's just BS that he tried to set a wager limit after a 20k bet hits. He said he didn't text back earlier because he was at a golf tournament.
     
    trillypad
    trillypad
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2013
    Posts: 1542
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 10:00 AM ET #7

    With that being said, should I tell him I'm not paying him? This just doesn't seem right to me at all. I don't mind being even, but to risk that much $, win, and still pay seems idiotic.
    Reply
    With that being said, should I tell him I'm not paying him? This just doesn't seem right to me at all. I don't mind being even, but to risk that much $, win, and still pay seems idiotic.
     
    WizardOfOdd
    WizardOfOdd
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2004
    Posts: 3544
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 10:03 AM ET #8

    honestly, if I'm your book, and you have been betting 2k a game and all of a sudden you bet 20k and 25k, I wouldnt have taken them, but I would have also confirmed before the game kicked off.

    Reply
    honestly, if I'm your book, and you have been betting 2k a game and all of a sudden you bet 20k and 25k, I wouldnt have taken them, but I would have also confirmed before the game kicked off.

     
    trillypad
    trillypad
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2013
    Posts: 1542
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 10:05 AM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by WizardOfOdd:

    honestly, if I'm your book, and you have been betting 2k a game and all of a sudden you bet 20k and 25k, I wouldnt have taken them, but I would have also confirmed before the game kicked off.

    I can agree with that, but what should I do now? 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardOfOdd:

    honestly, if I'm your book, and you have been betting 2k a game and all of a sudden you bet 20k and 25k, I wouldnt have taken them, but I would have also confirmed before the game kicked off.

    I can agree with that, but what should I do now? 
     
    trillypad
    trillypad
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2013
    Posts: 1542
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 10:06 AM ET #10

    And WizardofOdd, I was looking to just get even or be down significantly, not get an edge on the guy.
    Reply
    And WizardofOdd, I was looking to just get even or be down significantly, not get an edge on the guy.
     
    Sicsemper
    Sicsemper
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2012
    Posts: 1690
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 10:14 AM ET #11

    My local book has a 2K limit for most of his clients, however, Some of us are up to 10K agreed upon before the start of every season. Don't know what to tell you except good luck. BTW do you have a rapport with this guy? How long have you been with him?
    Reply
    My local book has a 2K limit for most of his clients, however, Some of us are up to 10K agreed upon before the start of every season. Don't know what to tell you except good luck. BTW do you have a rapport with this guy? How long have you been with him?
     
    trillypad
    trillypad
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2013
    Posts: 1542
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 10:22 AM ET #12

    Siscemper, not much rapport to be honest. Only about a month, but I told him before the weekend that I was going all in or all out, and we never agreed on a wager limit. All he said was he never wanted to take a major hit so if going large let him know early. But I'm down 40k, so how is it a major hit if I'm already down?
    Reply
    Siscemper, not much rapport to be honest. Only about a month, but I told him before the weekend that I was going all in or all out, and we never agreed on a wager limit. All he said was he never wanted to take a major hit so if going large let him know early. But I'm down 40k, so how is it a major hit if I'm already down?
     
    trillypad
    trillypad
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2013
    Posts: 1542
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 10:23 AM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by QMICH:

    SIMPLE MATH:

    -$40K +$20K +$25K = +$5K

    IF YOUR BOOK DID NOT CALL OF WAGER(S) BEFORE GAME KICKED, YOU WIN

    TEXTS ARE PROOF, TELL HIM YOUR TAKING HIM TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT, HE GOES TO JAIL & THE IRS CRAWLS UP HISASS
    I don't think the small claims is possible consider sports gambling is not legal in Ohio, but I don't care to just be even. Not really sure what to do here.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by QMICH:

    SIMPLE MATH:

    -$40K +$20K +$25K = +$5K

    IF YOUR BOOK DID NOT CALL OF WAGER(S) BEFORE GAME KICKED, YOU WIN

    TEXTS ARE PROOF, TELL HIM YOUR TAKING HIM TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT, HE GOES TO JAIL & THE IRS CRAWLS UP HISASS
    I don't think the small claims is possible consider sports gambling is not legal in Ohio, but I don't care to just be even. Not really sure what to do here.
     
    jodibreeze38
    jodibreeze38
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2015
    Posts: 50
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 10:28 AM ET #14

    I think the whole story is full of garbage ijs ...... 
    Reply
    I think the whole story is full of garbage ijs ...... 
     
    trillypad
    trillypad
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2013
    Posts: 1542
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 10:28 AM ET #15

    QMich, he owns a pretty large lawn care company in my town. He knows the laws pretty well I would think.
    Reply
    QMich, he owns a pretty large lawn care company in my town. He knows the laws pretty well I would think.
     
    trillypad
    trillypad
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2013
    Posts: 1542
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 10:30 AM ET #16

    Jodi, please tell me why I would come here and ask for help. To waste my and your time reading this? Holy cow.
    Reply
    Jodi, please tell me why I would come here and ask for help. To waste my and your time reading this? Holy cow.
     
    trillypad
    trillypad
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2013
    Posts: 1542
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 10:32 AM ET #17

    QMich just saw your second post, I just think it's dumb that he wants to try and make up some bullsh*t when I was just trying to get even.
    Reply
    QMich just saw your second post, I just think it's dumb that he wants to try and make up some bullsh*t when I was just trying to get even.
     
    trillypad
    trillypad
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2013
    Posts: 1542
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 10:38 AM ET #18

    Anybody else have any advice on what to tell this guy? He's probably going to call me around 3 or 4 wanting to figure out when to settle up.
    Reply
    Anybody else have any advice on what to tell this guy? He's probably going to call me around 3 or 4 wanting to figure out when to settle up.
     
    LONG-TU
    LONG-TU
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 6182
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 10:38 AM ET #19

    When you texted him 20 k on Giants did you get a confirmation back ? If yes you can win this ordeal.
    Reply
    When you texted him 20 k on Giants did you get a confirmation back ? If yes you can win this ordeal.
     
    trillypad
    trillypad
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2013
    Posts: 1542
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 10:46 AM ET #20

    He never sends me a confirmation Long-Tu, just totals up at end of day. He didn't text me anything until that game was over and the Giants won.
    Reply
    He never sends me a confirmation Long-Tu, just totals up at end of day. He didn't text me anything until that game was over and the Giants won.
     
    jbost4
    jbost4
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 80
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 10:52 AM ET #21

    Send him a screen shot of the texts you sent.  Say "I never got confirmation back so Im under the impression these went through.As of now i have myself up +5K.We never set a limit so these should be legit bets."  

    You will have to state your case and argue with him a bit.  Best case scenario he squashes your balance and you get some rules set in place for future bets.
    Reply
    Send him a screen shot of the texts you sent.  Say "I never got confirmation back so Im under the impression these went through.As of now i have myself up +5K.We never set a limit so these should be legit bets."  

    You will have to state your case and argue with him a bit.  Best case scenario he squashes your balance and you get some rules set in place for future bets.
     
    trillypad
    trillypad
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2013
    Posts: 1542
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 10:53 AM ET #22

    jbost, if we squash it, I'm done with this guy. He told me a story about someone not wanting to pay him once and now I can see why they may not have wanted to.
    Reply
    jbost, if we squash it, I'm done with this guy. He told me a story about someone not wanting to pay him once and now I can see why they may not have wanted to.
     
    nhldrama
    nhldrama
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 7
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 10:56 AM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by trillypad:

    Word, now I know guys... Should I tell him to piss off? He told me in the past he does not have to text back to confirm. I've been betting with money I do have, it's just BS that he tried to set a wager limit after a 20k bet hits. He said he didn't text back earlier because he was at a golf tournament.

    Don't pay him a dollar. You should tell him he owes you money now. Not only that but tell him your done for week and will see him Friday to collect it. Unless he's mobbed up and then maybe you should move, lol. I know it's not a laughing matter by all means. I think at the end of the day. It's really simple as the following, 1) no limits were set, 2) text messages on your phone proves with time stamps your bets.  I think had you lost first game there's no way he would have said , " ok down 2k more then at 1:00. Naturally he would have said ." Your down a lot. I need you to give me something before I take another bet at 8:00."  So tell him the two things listed above. Remind him it's been a valuable lesson to both of you. Inform him he has 3 options moving forward. To pay you where your at now. Set a limit moving forward. And/or you've learned your lesson and moving forward to a different book. But under no circumstances other then being killed should they be "involved" like I said earlier are you paying. You want your money!!!! Good luck. Like to know how this plays out. Lastly, dude put money online in a bunch of accounts or bovada in particular and get into the "red room". Spread out the money online and bet 10k a game at ten sites a thousand apiece. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by trillypad:

    Word, now I know guys... Should I tell him to piss off? He told me in the past he does not have to text back to confirm. I've been betting with money I do have, it's just BS that he tried to set a wager limit after a 20k bet hits. He said he didn't text back earlier because he was at a golf tournament.

    Don't pay him a dollar. You should tell him he owes you money now. Not only that but tell him your done for week and will see him Friday to collect it. Unless he's mobbed up and then maybe you should move, lol. I know it's not a laughing matter by all means. I think at the end of the day. It's really simple as the following, 1) no limits were set, 2) text messages on your phone proves with time stamps your bets.  I think had you lost first game there's no way he would have said , " ok down 2k more then at 1:00. Naturally he would have said ." Your down a lot. I need you to give me something before I take another bet at 8:00."  So tell him the two things listed above. Remind him it's been a valuable lesson to both of you. Inform him he has 3 options moving forward. To pay you where your at now. Set a limit moving forward. And/or you've learned your lesson and moving forward to a different book. But under no circumstances other then being killed should they be "involved" like I said earlier are you paying. You want your money!!!! Good luck. Like to know how this plays out. Lastly, dude put money online in a bunch of accounts or bovada in particular and get into the "red room". Spread out the money online and bet 10k a game at ten sites a thousand apiece. 
     
    jbost4
    jbost4
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 80
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 10:58 AM ET #24

    I mean is he going to come after you? if not then dont worry about it. Either way just plead your case and move on

    Let me ask you, if you had lost those games would you have paid him 85K?
    Reply
    I mean is he going to come after you? if not then dont worry about it. Either way just plead your case and move on

    Let me ask you, if you had lost those games would you have paid him 85K?
     
     
    Raiderpug
    Raiderpug
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 3006
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 10:59 AM ET #25

    Come to Vegas. Set up an account at one or many of the casinos with apps and someone like me can manage it for you, if you get my drift. Only you can deposit and withdraw.
    Reply
    Come to Vegas. Set up an account at one or many of the casinos with apps and someone like me can manage it for you, if you get my drift. Only you can deposit and withdraw.
    All Forums | Penalty Box
    1234 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,708
    • Monday 09/28/2026 812
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,193
    • Eagles vs Bears in-game live MNF 2,827
    • PART DEUX 271
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,283
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,004
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,453
    • Eagles@Bears discussion 3,673
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,417

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.