• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NFL Betting Forum

    Sports can be brutal sometimes broke again

    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»
    flatron123
    nuggins
    DefenseWinsSB
    DongMattingly
    tech65
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 3081
    Posts: 108
    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»
     
    flatron123
    flatron123
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 1339
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2023 - 2:10 AM ET #76

    just quit alll these idiot talk about system this system that LMFAOO all game control by vegas thats all u need to know every play every drive every second of this 

    WELCOME to 2023 2nd year of LEGALIZED gambling

     

    wait till 2035 LMFAOOOOOOOnew_laugh_cry

    Reply

    just quit alll these idiot talk about system this system that LMFAOO all game control by vegas thats all u need to know every play every drive every second of this 

    WELCOME to 2023 2nd year of LEGALIZED gambling

     

    wait till 2035 LMFAOOOOOOOnew_laugh_cry

     
    nuggins
    nuggins
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2007
    Posts: 4546
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2023 - 2:21 AM ET #77

    Quote Originally Posted by flatron123:

    just quit alll these idiot talk about system this system that LMFAOO all game control by vegas thats all u need to know every play every drive every second of this WELCOME to 2023 2nd year of LEGALIZED gambling   wait till 2035 LMFAOOOOOOO

    Question... is the earth round or flat?

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by flatron123:

    just quit alll these idiot talk about system this system that LMFAOO all game control by vegas thats all u need to know every play every drive every second of this WELCOME to 2023 2nd year of LEGALIZED gambling   wait till 2035 LMFAOOOOOOO

    Question... is the earth round or flat?

     
    DefenseWinsSB
    DefenseWinsSB
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2023
    Posts: 2777
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2023 - 3:57 AM ET #78

    Guess who I bet tonight I’m such a fkn loser man. This year has been a nightmare in my life with gambling and everything l. I tried so hard to put together a bankroll worked the crappiest jobs took bull crap did things I wouldn’t do and I’m broke beat week 5 I just will never understand how ppl like negreanu will get lucky and Walter’s and Mike Matisse. Ppl don’t under stand luck is a huge part. A lot of pros admit this. I’ve heard even more ppl playing outside of their means is the only way to make it or fail

    Reply

    Guess who I bet tonight I’m such a fkn loser man. This year has been a nightmare in my life with gambling and everything l. I tried so hard to put together a bankroll worked the crappiest jobs took bull crap did things I wouldn’t do and I’m broke beat week 5 I just will never understand how ppl like negreanu will get lucky and Walter’s and Mike Matisse. Ppl don’t under stand luck is a huge part. A lot of pros admit this. I’ve heard even more ppl playing outside of their means is the only way to make it or fail

     
    DefenseWinsSB
    DefenseWinsSB
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2023
    Posts: 2777
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2023 - 3:58 AM ET #79

    Quote Originally Posted by flatron123:

    just quit alll these idiot talk about system this system that LMFAOO all game control by vegas thats all u need to know every play every drive every second of this WELCOME to 2023 2nd year of LEGALIZED gambling   wait till 2035 LMFAOOOOOOO
    brother your right gambling is gonna ruin this country l. It’s gonna be a dystopian nightmare. It’s ruined my life and I’m not stopping bc I’ve invested way too much to quit. I’m only doing parlays from now on to me I’ve hit more in parlays than straight bets and you don’t have to go broke doing parlays

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by flatron123:

    just quit alll these idiot talk about system this system that LMFAOO all game control by vegas thats all u need to know every play every drive every second of this WELCOME to 2023 2nd year of LEGALIZED gambling   wait till 2035 LMFAOOOOOOO
    brother your right gambling is gonna ruin this country l. It’s gonna be a dystopian nightmare. It’s ruined my life and I’m not stopping bc I’ve invested way too much to quit. I’m only doing parlays from now on to me I’ve hit more in parlays than straight bets and you don’t have to go broke doing parlays

     
    DefenseWinsSB
    DefenseWinsSB
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2023
    Posts: 2777
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2023 - 3:59 AM ET #80

    Mike matusow 

    Reply

    Mike matusow 

     
    DongMattingly
    DongMattingly
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2022
    Posts: 326
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2023 - 4:27 AM ET #81

    @DefenseWinsSB

     Dude take a break.  This is problem gambling.  If this isn’t fun, then you’re doing it wrong.  There’s much more to life than betting on some football game.  Once you step away you’ll realize that.

    Reply

    @DefenseWinsSB

     Dude take a break.  This is problem gambling.  If this isn’t fun, then you’re doing it wrong.  There’s much more to life than betting on some football game.  Once you step away you’ll realize that.

     
    tech65
    tech65
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10076
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2023 - 5:14 AM ET #82

    If you are young man just quit now. Its a dead end road.

    Reply

    If you are young man just quit now. Its a dead end road.

     
    Martylee
    Martylee
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2017
    Posts: 8945
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2023 - 8:03 AM ET #83

    @DefenseWinsSB

     Only parlay ? If you can’t even hit a straight bet how will you not go broke on parlay. 

    Til death do us under
    Reply

    @DefenseWinsSB

     Only parlay ? If you can’t even hit a straight bet how will you not go broke on parlay. 

     
    kcblitzkrieg
    kcblitzkrieg
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 7998
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2023 - 12:43 PM ET #84

    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsSB:

    Quote Originally Posted by flatron123: just quit alll these idiot talk about system this system that LMFAOO all game control by vegas thats all u need to know every play every drive every second of this WELCOME to 2023 2nd year of LEGALIZED gambling   wait till 2035 LMFAOOOOOOObrother your right gambling is gonna ruin this country l. It’s gonna be a dystopian nightmare. It’s ruined my life and I’m not stopping bc I’ve invested way too much to quit. I’m only doing parlays from now on to me I’ve hit more in parlays than straight bets and you don’t have to go broke doing parlays

    Yes, this is the way.... parlay yourself to profit cause no one ever went broke just rolling out 4 & 6 leggers.... 

    You will not survive here. You are not a wolf, and this is the land of wolves now...
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsSB:

    Quote Originally Posted by flatron123: just quit alll these idiot talk about system this system that LMFAOO all game control by vegas thats all u need to know every play every drive every second of this WELCOME to 2023 2nd year of LEGALIZED gambling   wait till 2035 LMFAOOOOOOObrother your right gambling is gonna ruin this country l. It’s gonna be a dystopian nightmare. It’s ruined my life and I’m not stopping bc I’ve invested way too much to quit. I’m only doing parlays from now on to me I’ve hit more in parlays than straight bets and you don’t have to go broke doing parlays

    Yes, this is the way.... parlay yourself to profit cause no one ever went broke just rolling out 4 & 6 leggers.... 

     
    NONEED4LUCK
    NONEED4LUCK
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 29212
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2023 - 1:02 PM ET #85

    Gambling is hard enough, baseball will break you.  If one is gambling football, basketball and baseball year round, one probably needs help. I have been there. Baseball is just the worst to bet on. 

    Reply

    Gambling is hard enough, baseball will break you.  If one is gambling football, basketball and baseball year round, one probably needs help. I have been there. Baseball is just the worst to bet on. 

     
    JimmyGape
    JimmyGape
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2018
    Posts: 4860
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2023 - 1:09 PM ET #86

    Baseball used to be easier but I agree its extremely unpredicatble nowadays.

    Reply

    Baseball used to be easier but I agree its extremely unpredicatble nowadays.

     
    buddha72
    buddha72
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 506
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2023 - 1:19 PM ET #87

    @Kaufee

     Hey man I know you are absolutely correct. Have you used this to succeed in betting?

    Reply

    @Kaufee

     Hey man I know you are absolutely correct. Have you used this to succeed in betting?

     
    AC271
    AC271
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2022
    Posts: 258
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2023 - 2:08 PM ET #88

    @DefenseWinsSB

     BRO , THE SHIT IS FIXED 

    THEY SET SUCKER LINES THEY KNOW THE PUBLIC 

    CAN T RESIST AND THEN THEY WORK THEIR MAGIC 

    INVEST IN A MOUNTAIN BIKE , GO RIDE ON SUNDAY WHILE 
    MOST OF THESE FOOLS ARE STRESSING YEARS OFF THEIR LIVES 

    IN THE LONG RUN YOU WILL NEVER WIN , ADD IN HUMAN NATURE TO 

    CHASE LOSSES AND ITS NO WIN SITUATION 

    Reply

    @DefenseWinsSB

     BRO , THE SHIT IS FIXED 

    THEY SET SUCKER LINES THEY KNOW THE PUBLIC 

    CAN T RESIST AND THEN THEY WORK THEIR MAGIC 

    INVEST IN A MOUNTAIN BIKE , GO RIDE ON SUNDAY WHILE 
    MOST OF THESE FOOLS ARE STRESSING YEARS OFF THEIR LIVES 

    IN THE LONG RUN YOU WILL NEVER WIN , ADD IN HUMAN NATURE TO 

    CHASE LOSSES AND ITS NO WIN SITUATION 

     
    AC271
    AC271
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2022
    Posts: 258
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2023 - 2:09 PM ET #89

    @flatron123

    100 % ACCURATE 

    Reply

    @flatron123

    100 % ACCURATE 

     
    AC271
    AC271
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2022
    Posts: 258
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2023 - 2:10 PM ET #90

    @nuggins

     QUESTION , ARE YOU AS DUMB AND NAIVE AS YOU SOUND ??new_laugh_cry

         SUCKER U ARE 

    Reply

    @nuggins

     QUESTION , ARE YOU AS DUMB AND NAIVE AS YOU SOUND ??new_laugh_cry

         SUCKER U ARE 

     
    AC271
    AC271
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2022
    Posts: 258
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2023 - 2:13 PM ET #91

    @DongMattingly

     THATS 95 % OF PEOPLE GAMBLING ....

    THE SHIT IS A JOKE WHEN NFL HAS AN OFFICIAL GAMING PARTNERnew_devil

     FIXED GARBAGE

    Reply

    @DongMattingly

     THATS 95 % OF PEOPLE GAMBLING ....

    THE SHIT IS A JOKE WHEN NFL HAS AN OFFICIAL GAMING PARTNERnew_devil

     FIXED GARBAGE

     
    DefenseWinsSB
    DefenseWinsSB
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2023
    Posts: 2777
    Posted: Oct. 4, 2023 - 11:51 AM ET #92

    Quote Originally Posted by DongMattingly:

    @DefenseWinsSB  Dude take a break.  This is problem gambling.  If this isn’t fun, then you’re doing it wrong.  There’s much more to life than betting on some football game.  Once you step away you’ll realize that.
    dude not really life sucks l. I try to bet to get some money bc I’m always so broke I figure this is a way. But when I finally put a bankroll together and go 2-12 a while back and then go lose 4 weeks in a row in NFL and college it turns ugly. The world sucks though man

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by DongMattingly:

    @DefenseWinsSB  Dude take a break.  This is problem gambling.  If this isn’t fun, then you’re doing it wrong.  There’s much more to life than betting on some football game.  Once you step away you’ll realize that.
    dude not really life sucks l. I try to bet to get some money bc I’m always so broke I figure this is a way. But when I finally put a bankroll together and go 2-12 a while back and then go lose 4 weeks in a row in NFL and college it turns ugly. The world sucks though man

     
    Fuse
    Fuse
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2016
    Posts: 84738
    Posted: Oct. 4, 2023 - 11:56 AM ET #93

    Gambling is not designed for us to win. So tough! Take care. peace_5peaceclover

    Learn, be content and stay disciplined.
    Reply

    Gambling is not designed for us to win. So tough! Take care. peace_5peaceclover

     
    DefenseWinsSB
    DefenseWinsSB
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2023
    Posts: 2777
    Posted: Oct. 4, 2023 - 12:01 PM ET #94

    Quote Originally Posted by tech65:

    If you are young man just quit now. It’s a dead end road.
    unfortunately I am

    35 and have been gambling for over 20 years now. It’s so sad in 4th grade my mom saved a paper from my assignment. So the assignment was “What do you want to be when you grow up” I cannot believe I saw this paper and I wrote I want to become a professional gambler. In 4th grade my grandma and dad were taking me to the casino arcade every week. I would be dropped off and put in the arcade. I mean this almost made me cry today because it’s just destroyed my life slowly. I should have so many things being 35 and I don’t bc of sports betting and other reasons. I just saved a beautiful bankroll for anyone practically and I just flushed it down the toilet over betting for 5 weeks however I got extremely unlucky again and some of the first bets started lower and then I would get tilted and do 500 lose, 600 lose, 1000 lose, 2000 lose back to a small bet I would win and get pissed bet 2000 and lose so on so forth until it was gone some ppl will take their own life over this money and I have thought many times bc it will be years until I save that again. Put it this way I haven’t saved up 20k since 2011. I don’t know what to say anymore besides you guys are right and I have become a fkn loser in life. With the new tax laws I found out today maybe this will be good and it’s the last straw.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by tech65:

    If you are young man just quit now. It’s a dead end road.
    unfortunately I am

    35 and have been gambling for over 20 years now. It’s so sad in 4th grade my mom saved a paper from my assignment. So the assignment was “What do you want to be when you grow up” I cannot believe I saw this paper and I wrote I want to become a professional gambler. In 4th grade my grandma and dad were taking me to the casino arcade every week. I would be dropped off and put in the arcade. I mean this almost made me cry today because it’s just destroyed my life slowly. I should have so many things being 35 and I don’t bc of sports betting and other reasons. I just saved a beautiful bankroll for anyone practically and I just flushed it down the toilet over betting for 5 weeks however I got extremely unlucky again and some of the first bets started lower and then I would get tilted and do 500 lose, 600 lose, 1000 lose, 2000 lose back to a small bet I would win and get pissed bet 2000 and lose so on so forth until it was gone some ppl will take their own life over this money and I have thought many times bc it will be years until I save that again. Put it this way I haven’t saved up 20k since 2011. I don’t know what to say anymore besides you guys are right and I have become a fkn loser in life. With the new tax laws I found out today maybe this will be good and it’s the last straw.

     
    DefenseWinsSB
    DefenseWinsSB
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2023
    Posts: 2777
    Posted: Oct. 4, 2023 - 12:05 PM ET #95

    @AC271

     Great point I’ve been doing this since 15 and I haven’t had one winning season but I keep coming back it’s a sickness I think you’re right. Every year I say ok this is the year it’s gotta change but you’re right it’s like we are being hypnotized to lose. Why is it when I flip a coin heads or tails I go on big runs with each side. Why is it when I bet sports I only go on losing streaks. I haven’t won 10 games in a row in my life but guess what I’ve tracked losing 10 games in a row a couple times. I go in the biggest losing streaks so often it’s disgusting. I don’t know how it’s possible to go on the severe losing streaks I have. I’ve tried martingale and I’ve tried flat bet I’ve tried aggressive and conservative systems and all of them didn’t help me

    Reply

    @AC271

     Great point I’ve been doing this since 15 and I haven’t had one winning season but I keep coming back it’s a sickness I think you’re right. Every year I say ok this is the year it’s gotta change but you’re right it’s like we are being hypnotized to lose. Why is it when I flip a coin heads or tails I go on big runs with each side. Why is it when I bet sports I only go on losing streaks. I haven’t won 10 games in a row in my life but guess what I’ve tracked losing 10 games in a row a couple times. I go in the biggest losing streaks so often it’s disgusting. I don’t know how it’s possible to go on the severe losing streaks I have. I’ve tried martingale and I’ve tried flat bet I’ve tried aggressive and conservative systems and all of them didn’t help me

     
    DefenseWinsSB
    DefenseWinsSB
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2023
    Posts: 2777
    Posted: Oct. 4, 2023 - 12:13 PM ET #96

    I try so many things affiliate marketing, social media, build my own website and try to get traffic, blog, session guitarist. Play gigs as well. Nothing works. That’s why I feel forced to gamble I feel like I have no way of building my money 

    Reply

    I try so many things affiliate marketing, social media, build my own website and try to get traffic, blog, session guitarist. Play gigs as well. Nothing works. That’s why I feel forced to gamble I feel like I have no way of building my money 

     
    LGD
    LGD
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2023
    Posts: 368
    Posted: Oct. 4, 2023 - 12:40 PM ET #97

    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsSB:

    I try so many things affiliate marketing, social media, build my own website and try to get traffic, blog, session guitarist. Play gigs as well. Nothing works. That’s why I feel forced to gamble I feel like I have no way of building my money

    How about a job?

    I'm sorry but all this sounds like trying to find an easy way to make a lot of money (just like gambling is). There is no easy way. Gambling clearly doesn't work for you if you tried for 15 years (probably longer than anything else of the things you mentioned or any other job) and just ended up losing money every year.

    I get it, it's an addiction. But stop complaining and try to find a way out instead of excuses to keep going like this. I mean, you say yourself you're broke, sick and depressed because of this. Then why try to keep doing it? Cause you maybe hit a winning streak? And then do what with the money? Try to make more of it an put it on some bets? You're 35. You still have enough time to have a proper life without throwing money away at bets.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsSB:

    I try so many things affiliate marketing, social media, build my own website and try to get traffic, blog, session guitarist. Play gigs as well. Nothing works. That’s why I feel forced to gamble I feel like I have no way of building my money

    How about a job?

    I'm sorry but all this sounds like trying to find an easy way to make a lot of money (just like gambling is). There is no easy way. Gambling clearly doesn't work for you if you tried for 15 years (probably longer than anything else of the things you mentioned or any other job) and just ended up losing money every year.

    I get it, it's an addiction. But stop complaining and try to find a way out instead of excuses to keep going like this. I mean, you say yourself you're broke, sick and depressed because of this. Then why try to keep doing it? Cause you maybe hit a winning streak? And then do what with the money? Try to make more of it an put it on some bets? You're 35. You still have enough time to have a proper life without throwing money away at bets.

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Oct. 4, 2023 - 2:41 PM ET #98

    Quote Originally Posted by LGD:

    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsSB: I try so many things affiliate marketing, social media, build my own website and try to get traffic, blog, session guitarist. Play gigs as well. Nothing works. That’s why I feel forced to gamble I feel like I have no way of building my money How about a job? I'm sorry but all this sounds like trying to find an easy way to make a lot of money (just like gambling is). There is no easy way. Gambling clearly doesn't work for you if you tried for 15 years (probably longer than anything else of the things you mentioned or any other job) and just ended up losing money every year. I get it, it's an addiction. But stop complaining and try to find a way out instead of excuses to keep going like this. I mean, you say yourself you're broke, sick and depressed because of this. Then why try to keep doing it? Cause you maybe hit a winning streak? And then do what with the money? Try to make more of it an put it on some bets? You're 35. You still have enough time to have a proper life without throwing money away at bets.

    Anybody can gamble.  It takes work to gamble profitably.

    The current human disease is work.  Everyone wants no work and lots of success.

    If you work, gambling can be profitable.  If everyone at covers spent the same amount of effort in learning and working as they do complaining and avoiding - they would be profitable.

    peace_5

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by LGD:

    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsSB: I try so many things affiliate marketing, social media, build my own website and try to get traffic, blog, session guitarist. Play gigs as well. Nothing works. That’s why I feel forced to gamble I feel like I have no way of building my money How about a job? I'm sorry but all this sounds like trying to find an easy way to make a lot of money (just like gambling is). There is no easy way. Gambling clearly doesn't work for you if you tried for 15 years (probably longer than anything else of the things you mentioned or any other job) and just ended up losing money every year. I get it, it's an addiction. But stop complaining and try to find a way out instead of excuses to keep going like this. I mean, you say yourself you're broke, sick and depressed because of this. Then why try to keep doing it? Cause you maybe hit a winning streak? And then do what with the money? Try to make more of it an put it on some bets? You're 35. You still have enough time to have a proper life without throwing money away at bets.

    Anybody can gamble.  It takes work to gamble profitably.

    The current human disease is work.  Everyone wants no work and lots of success.

    If you work, gambling can be profitable.  If everyone at covers spent the same amount of effort in learning and working as they do complaining and avoiding - they would be profitable.

    peace_5

     
    DefenseWinsSB
    DefenseWinsSB
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2023
    Posts: 2777
    Posted: Oct. 4, 2023 - 3:17 PM ET #99

    Quote Originally Posted by LGD:

    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsSB: I try so many things affiliate marketing, social media, build my own website and try to get traffic, blog, session guitarist. Play gigs as well. Nothing works. That’s why I feel forced to gamble I feel like I have no way of building my money How about a job? I'm sorry but all this sounds like trying to find an easy way to make a lot of money (just like gambling is). There is no easy way. Gambling clearly doesn't work for you if you tried for 15 years (probably longer than anything else of the things you mentioned or any other job) and just ended up losing money every year. I get it, it's an addiction. But stop complaining and try to find a way out instead of excuses to keep going like this. I mean, you say yourself you're broke, sick and depressed because of this. Then why try to keep doing it? Cause you maybe hit a winning streak? And then do what with the money? Try to make more of it a put it on some bets? You're 35. You still have enough time to have a proper life without throwing money away at bets.
    if you read my posts you would see I’ve done everything man I’m not young lol. I’ve been a poker dealer, sports book writer at multiple locations, rideshare, web designer, and many business ventures that have all failed including crypto . Considering you said get a job it’s prolly you who doesn’t know how to work a job I dunno? Don’t want easy money just pursuing something I thought I loved 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by LGD:

    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsSB: I try so many things affiliate marketing, social media, build my own website and try to get traffic, blog, session guitarist. Play gigs as well. Nothing works. That’s why I feel forced to gamble I feel like I have no way of building my money How about a job? I'm sorry but all this sounds like trying to find an easy way to make a lot of money (just like gambling is). There is no easy way. Gambling clearly doesn't work for you if you tried for 15 years (probably longer than anything else of the things you mentioned or any other job) and just ended up losing money every year. I get it, it's an addiction. But stop complaining and try to find a way out instead of excuses to keep going like this. I mean, you say yourself you're broke, sick and depressed because of this. Then why try to keep doing it? Cause you maybe hit a winning streak? And then do what with the money? Try to make more of it a put it on some bets? You're 35. You still have enough time to have a proper life without throwing money away at bets.
    if you read my posts you would see I’ve done everything man I’m not young lol. I’ve been a poker dealer, sports book writer at multiple locations, rideshare, web designer, and many business ventures that have all failed including crypto . Considering you said get a job it’s prolly you who doesn’t know how to work a job I dunno? Don’t want easy money just pursuing something I thought I loved 

     
     
    DefenseWinsSB
    DefenseWinsSB
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2023
    Posts: 2777
    Posted: Oct. 4, 2023 - 4:14 PM ET #100

    @vanzack

     Van your a very good bettor as I can see but how the heck do you get past the taxes dude? I’m guessing you pay a lot in taxes because your winnings are a lot. The new tax law is any winnings over 600 dollars l. THANKS BIDEN. That man destroyed everything. Anyways besides that can you explain to me how the hell the government was able to do this bc in the past this was way different. Also I will reply to your last message I just wanted to ask this first 

    Reply

    @vanzack

     Van your a very good bettor as I can see but how the heck do you get past the taxes dude? I’m guessing you pay a lot in taxes because your winnings are a lot. The new tax law is any winnings over 600 dollars l. THANKS BIDEN. That man destroyed everything. Anyways besides that can you explain to me how the hell the government was able to do this bc in the past this was way different. Also I will reply to your last message I just wanted to ask this first 

    All Forums | NFL Betting Forum
    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,248
    • Thursday 10/01/2026 753
    • PART DEUX 207
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,993
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,102
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,566
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,202
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,117
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,939
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,843

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.