• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NFL Betting Forum

    Sports can be brutal sometimes broke again

    12345 Next Last»
    DefenseWinsSB
    Seymourbukz
    HungerforMoney
    the1toturn2
    Kaufee
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 3081
    Posts: 108
    12345 Next Last»
     
    DefenseWinsSB
    DefenseWinsSB
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2023
    Posts: 2777
    Posted: Oct. 1, 2023 - 7:29 PM ET #1

    Can anyone relate with me on going broke and just being sick and depressed. Well I did it again and I swear to god this time I thought it woulda been different. I started out nice betting 3 to 5 units a game but a few months ago betting baseball I had a horrendous month and worse weak going 2-12. From there brought 0-7 bad beats and tilt. I swear someone cursed me or hired a witch to make me lose anything I bet. Anyways I don’t know what to do anymore. I really wanted this to work. This is a repeat of last year and the year before I’m not learning my lesson and I am down huge and it’s disgusting 

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    Can anyone relate with me on going broke and just being sick and depressed. Well I did it again and I swear to god this time I thought it woulda been different. I started out nice betting 3 to 5 units a game but a few months ago betting baseball I had a horrendous month and worse weak going 2-12. From there brought 0-7 bad beats and tilt. I swear someone cursed me or hired a witch to make me lose anything I bet. Anyways I don’t know what to do anymore. I really wanted this to work. This is a repeat of last year and the year before I’m not learning my lesson and I am down huge and it’s disgusting 

     
    DefenseWinsSB
    DefenseWinsSB
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2023
    Posts: 2777
    Posted: Oct. 1, 2023 - 7:31 PM ET #2

    Darn it’s like my whole body hurts. I’m going to bed good luck I’m done

    Reply

    Darn it’s like my whole body hurts. I’m going to bed good luck I’m done

     
    Seymourbukz
    Seymourbukz
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2020
    Posts: 4121
    Posted: Oct. 1, 2023 - 7:32 PM ET #3

    You’ll never profit long run always think g about chasing losses

    @cm2bm
    Reply

    You’ll never profit long run always think g about chasing losses

     
    HungerforMoney
    HungerforMoney
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2010
    Posts: 2223
    Posted: Oct. 1, 2023 - 7:33 PM ET #4

    thats just life losing is part of education. Even with bad beats your betting beyond your means out of your bankroll. Shouldnt be betting a shitton if you only have 20k bankroll.

    Some ppl can learn from this some people cant and just keep losing. So be smart cause everyone goes through bad beats. I assume your betting beyond your means and betting to many games.

    Reply

    thats just life losing is part of education. Even with bad beats your betting beyond your means out of your bankroll. Shouldnt be betting a shitton if you only have 20k bankroll.

    Some ppl can learn from this some people cant and just keep losing. So be smart cause everyone goes through bad beats. I assume your betting beyond your means and betting to many games.

     
    the1toturn2
    the1toturn2
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 11698
    Posted: Oct. 1, 2023 - 7:35 PM ET #5

    This isn't for you  Find another way t pass the time, and entertain yourself 

    Reply

    This isn't for you  Find another way t pass the time, and entertain yourself 

     
    Kaufee
    Kaufee
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 5013
    Posted: Oct. 1, 2023 - 7:35 PM ET #6

    Change your energy man. If you’re feeling down and depressed, you’ll be drawn to losers. If you’re feeling gratitude for what you have and bring positive energy to what you do, good things will come your way. Everything in life is about the energy you put out to the world. Give it some thought.

     

    There are lots of videos, books, etc on how to work on it. 

    Reply

    Change your energy man. If you’re feeling down and depressed, you’ll be drawn to losers. If you’re feeling gratitude for what you have and bring positive energy to what you do, good things will come your way. Everything in life is about the energy you put out to the world. Give it some thought.

     

    There are lots of videos, books, etc on how to work on it. 

     
    Martylee
    Martylee
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2017
    Posts: 8945
    Posted: Oct. 1, 2023 - 7:36 PM ET #7

    You need to have a nice chunk of change if you’re betting baseball since it’s an everyday sport. Not for everyone 

    Til death do us under
    Reply

    You need to have a nice chunk of change if you’re betting baseball since it’s an everyday sport. Not for everyone 

     
    Brandon_SeeEOhh
    Brandon_SeeEOhh
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2021
    Posts: 1639
    Posted: Oct. 1, 2023 - 7:39 PM ET #8

    Get yourself a blowjob , ASAP !!      

    thumbs_up

    MC/DC !! Go Lions!! The Wolf of Woodward!!
    Reply

    Get yourself a blowjob , ASAP !!      

    thumbs_up

     
    SDSU757
    SDSU757
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2021
    Posts: 614
    Posted: Oct. 1, 2023 - 7:39 PM ET #9

    @Kaufee

     goodpost

    Reply

    @Kaufee

     goodpost

     
    SAGs369
    SAGs369
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2022
    Posts: 19
    Posted: Oct. 1, 2023 - 7:41 PM ET #10

    @Kaufee

     goodpost

    Reply

    @Kaufee

     goodpost

     
    umgmu
    umgmu
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 47735
    Posted: Oct. 1, 2023 - 7:41 PM ET #11

    Lower your bet size, study a sport like baseball every day but bet it 1-3 days.

    Take a break every month or 6 weeks.

    peace_5

     

    Reply

    Lower your bet size, study a sport like baseball every day but bet it 1-3 days.

    Take a break every month or 6 weeks.

    peace_5

     

     
    MIZARD
    MIZARD
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2019
    Posts: 7940
    Posted: Oct. 1, 2023 - 7:42 PM ET #12

    you'll keep repeating the same lesson until you learn it. Bankroll management my friend. anyone would lose their roll though going 2-19. Gambling is tough on the mind. Take a break, walk away and refresh than re evaluate the situation.

    Reply

    you'll keep repeating the same lesson until you learn it. Bankroll management my friend. anyone would lose their roll though going 2-19. Gambling is tough on the mind. Take a break, walk away and refresh than re evaluate the situation.

     
    OneWayOut
    OneWayOut
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2021
    Posts: 2135
    Posted: Oct. 1, 2023 - 7:47 PM ET #13

    Stay far, far away from MLB. Analytics and totally diluted talent have ruined the sport and made it completely unpredictable. Lowering your wager amounts on the other sports will still keep you interested and entertained. BOL.

    Reply

    Stay far, far away from MLB. Analytics and totally diluted talent have ruined the sport and made it completely unpredictable. Lowering your wager amounts on the other sports will still keep you interested and entertained. BOL.

     
    DonkeyPlays
    DonkeyPlays
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2018
    Posts: 274
    Posted: Oct. 1, 2023 - 7:50 PM ET #14

    Baseball has such a high sample size their models and algorithms have pretty much solved.. You can probably win picking your spots by only betting with niche player props.. but as far as the totals or sides go... their lines are too efficient... 10% of poker players are good enough to win long term... and for sports bettors I am guessing it is under 1%... thats how good their lines are... and id be surprised if it is even possible to have an edge betting sides or totals in baseball. Of the mainstream sports College football, college basketball and MMA have some of the highest win rates for sports bettors... so if you stick to one of those long enough you should get good at in and be able to win or at least break even.

    The hardest part is the psychological part, which EVERYONE is prone too. Its very hard (when you take a few bad beats in a row) to not increase your unit size. In poker you can  grind your way out of a mess if you took a bad beat and are a winning player... NFL betting you have to wait an entire week and its very tough on you psychologically. Don't be too down. When I was younger I lost unfathomable amounts betting good chunks of my net worth on games lol.. If you know you are psychologically prone to always double down when you lose then just decrease your unit size to play amounts of money and document your bets.. It won't be fun at first.. but after a few weeks you will start to care more about your win percentage than the money... I know it hurts now but you'll get over it.

    Reply

    Baseball has such a high sample size their models and algorithms have pretty much solved.. You can probably win picking your spots by only betting with niche player props.. but as far as the totals or sides go... their lines are too efficient... 10% of poker players are good enough to win long term... and for sports bettors I am guessing it is under 1%... thats how good their lines are... and id be surprised if it is even possible to have an edge betting sides or totals in baseball. Of the mainstream sports College football, college basketball and MMA have some of the highest win rates for sports bettors... so if you stick to one of those long enough you should get good at in and be able to win or at least break even.

    The hardest part is the psychological part, which EVERYONE is prone too. Its very hard (when you take a few bad beats in a row) to not increase your unit size. In poker you can  grind your way out of a mess if you took a bad beat and are a winning player... NFL betting you have to wait an entire week and its very tough on you psychologically. Don't be too down. When I was younger I lost unfathomable amounts betting good chunks of my net worth on games lol.. If you know you are psychologically prone to always double down when you lose then just decrease your unit size to play amounts of money and document your bets.. It won't be fun at first.. but after a few weeks you will start to care more about your win percentage than the money... I know it hurts now but you'll get over it.

     
    Redlad
    Redlad
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2001
    Posts: 6822
    Posted: Oct. 1, 2023 - 7:51 PM ET #15

    The obvious secret to being successful in gambling is to never let out more than 3% of your bankroll. This way when lady luck turns against you (and eventually it always will, at some point in time) you can absorb the bad runs. It happens to everyone, no matter how great of a handicapper you might be. When you chase losses you will bust yourself out. Remember you only need to get 54% of your wagers correct to show a profit yet almost 99% of all gamblers lose money. If you can't adhere to this principle, than find another hobby. It's that simple. IMO

    Reply

    The obvious secret to being successful in gambling is to never let out more than 3% of your bankroll. This way when lady luck turns against you (and eventually it always will, at some point in time) you can absorb the bad runs. It happens to everyone, no matter how great of a handicapper you might be. When you chase losses you will bust yourself out. Remember you only need to get 54% of your wagers correct to show a profit yet almost 99% of all gamblers lose money. If you can't adhere to this principle, than find another hobby. It's that simple. IMO

     
    JimmyGape
    JimmyGape
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2018
    Posts: 4860
    Posted: Oct. 1, 2023 - 7:52 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by MIZARD:

    anyone would lose their roll though going 2-19.

     

    false actually. People who use proper br management, and yes believe it or not they do exist (not saying Im one of them) would only be down between 18.7- 56.1 units, not their entire roll

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by MIZARD:

    anyone would lose their roll though going 2-19.

     

    false actually. People who use proper br management, and yes believe it or not they do exist (not saying Im one of them) would only be down between 18.7- 56.1 units, not their entire roll

     

     
    Smashed69
    Smashed69
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 394
    Posted: Oct. 1, 2023 - 7:53 PM ET #17

    I've been there and it's hell when you lose. I took a step back and realized I was never gonna make significant money gambling. I took a break and came back with smaller and way fewer bets than in the past. I'm having a lot more fun now while staying within my means. You have to have discipline and if you think you've got an easy bet, then stay away because you're probably on the wrong side.

    Reply

    I've been there and it's hell when you lose. I took a step back and realized I was never gonna make significant money gambling. I took a break and came back with smaller and way fewer bets than in the past. I'm having a lot more fun now while staying within my means. You have to have discipline and if you think you've got an easy bet, then stay away because you're probably on the wrong side.

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Oct. 1, 2023 - 7:54 PM ET #18

    Dude - I answered you in my thread.  Go read.  And make a plan.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Dude - I answered you in my thread.  Go read.  And make a plan.

     
    MIZARD
    MIZARD
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2019
    Posts: 7940
    Posted: Oct. 1, 2023 - 7:58 PM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by Redlad:

    The obvious secret to being successful in gambling is to never let out more than 3% of your bankroll. This way when lady luck turns against you (and eventually it always will, at some point in time) you can absorb the bad runs. It happens to everyone, no matter how great of a handicapper you might be. When you chase losses you will bust yourself out. Remember you only need to get 54% of your wagers correct to show a profit yet almost 99% of all gamblers lose money. If you can't adhere to this principle, than find another hobby. It's that simple. IMO
    hard to be 54% when betting a 50/50, and thats 54% at even odds...

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Redlad:

    The obvious secret to being successful in gambling is to never let out more than 3% of your bankroll. This way when lady luck turns against you (and eventually it always will, at some point in time) you can absorb the bad runs. It happens to everyone, no matter how great of a handicapper you might be. When you chase losses you will bust yourself out. Remember you only need to get 54% of your wagers correct to show a profit yet almost 99% of all gamblers lose money. If you can't adhere to this principle, than find another hobby. It's that simple. IMO
    hard to be 54% when betting a 50/50, and thats 54% at even odds...

     
    the1toturn2
    the1toturn2
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 11698
    Posted: Oct. 1, 2023 - 8:00 PM ET #20

    I still say this is not for you  It is that simple

    Reply

    I still say this is not for you  It is that simple

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Oct. 1, 2023 - 8:01 PM ET #21

    You dont even need to be a good handicapper to make money sports gambling.

    Everyone ignores the most important things of being profitable because for most people being profitable is not why the bet on sports.

    If you put as much time in to line shopping, juice reductions techniques, and money management as you do handicapping you might be on your way.

    an_light

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    You dont even need to be a good handicapper to make money sports gambling.

    Everyone ignores the most important things of being profitable because for most people being profitable is not why the bet on sports.

    If you put as much time in to line shopping, juice reductions techniques, and money management as you do handicapping you might be on your way.

    an_light

     
    Ex-Ray
    Ex-Ray
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2023
    Posts: 21
    Posted: Oct. 1, 2023 - 8:02 PM ET #22

    Sorry man I know this shite can be brutal on your psyche. Whenever I've gone on tilt it's always been from variance. Some years back I went from $100 to $30k betting NHL in 4 months. Hit a 3 team $100 parlay then bet $100 a game till I got to a $1500 bankroll...then starting laying down nickels and dimes. After a 4 month hot streak I lost almost all of it on an 0-10 losing streak.

     

    Until you learn strict discipline and work on building your roll over time the cold snaps that are a certainty to happen will always kill you. Personally I just bet small time now because I'm honest with myself and know I don't have the discipline or self control. I really admire the guys that do.

    Reply

    Sorry man I know this shite can be brutal on your psyche. Whenever I've gone on tilt it's always been from variance. Some years back I went from $100 to $30k betting NHL in 4 months. Hit a 3 team $100 parlay then bet $100 a game till I got to a $1500 bankroll...then starting laying down nickels and dimes. After a 4 month hot streak I lost almost all of it on an 0-10 losing streak.

     

    Until you learn strict discipline and work on building your roll over time the cold snaps that are a certainty to happen will always kill you. Personally I just bet small time now because I'm honest with myself and know I don't have the discipline or self control. I really admire the guys that do.

     
    Robvegas
    Robvegas
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2023
    Posts: 49
    Posted: Oct. 1, 2023 - 8:03 PM ET #23

    Yes happens over And over to me…. I collect randomly big and then give it all back plus some and feel like complete shit. Fackkkkk

    Reply

    Yes happens over And over to me…. I collect randomly big and then give it all back plus some and feel like complete shit. Fackkkkk

     
    TheSquare
    TheSquare
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 16398
    Posted: Oct. 1, 2023 - 8:05 PM ET #24

    You're certainly not the first to make a post like this and you won't be the last. This is a common occurrence that many of us have seen in the forum throughout the years.

     

    As for me, I'm not rich nor broke but I live paycheck to paycheck due to my betting. I'm honest to myself to know that I'm not a long time winner but an addict like the rest of us who chases the thrill, the ego and ultimately, the easy riches. It's the same story we've endured before and are all too familiar with. Up one week, down the next. It's the emotional roller coaster ride of sports betting that we've voluntarily decided to partake in.

    Long story short, I used to bet more when I was younger but as I grew older and wiser, I learned to swallow my pride and began betting smaller units. Nobody gives a fuck what you bet, the amount or how you bet(parlays, teasers, buying points, ridiculous money lines). That's between your local and the casino books. IMO from the looks of it, the amount you're betting, win or lose should not make you lose sleep or change your outcome in life. You have to accept the harsh reality that very few people become professional bettors and we'll be stuck to a shitty job that pays the bills and puts food on the table. I suspect that this is just a side hobby (rather, an expensive one) for you. I would like to think of every forum member in here is somewhat of a responsible adult that has a full-time job with benefits that supports this toxic, destructive habit. If you don't, please utilize your employers 401k match, invest automatically through payroll deduction, set up auto pay for your bills and eventually somewhere down the road, seriously take the time to learn how to manage your "gambling/sports betting budget." There are numerous forum members on here who are very knowledgeable about that topic. (vanzack for example) Only YOU can teach yourself this lesson and I'm sorry, if you don't learn it the umpteenth time around, you're doomed to repeat it until you learn something.

    BOL in your sports betting/gambling journey... cloverpeacepeace_5

    Also on a darker note, if you're contemplating suicide (which I have before with my life's problems) don't even bother. DEATH is one of the CERTAIN EVENTS in life. Don't rush yourself to it. Enjoy life and its unique moments... an_lightpeace_5

    "Schrödinger's bet." A bet that loses when you bet it but wins when you DON'T bet it...
    Reply

    You're certainly not the first to make a post like this and you won't be the last. This is a common occurrence that many of us have seen in the forum throughout the years.

     

    As for me, I'm not rich nor broke but I live paycheck to paycheck due to my betting. I'm honest to myself to know that I'm not a long time winner but an addict like the rest of us who chases the thrill, the ego and ultimately, the easy riches. It's the same story we've endured before and are all too familiar with. Up one week, down the next. It's the emotional roller coaster ride of sports betting that we've voluntarily decided to partake in.

    Long story short, I used to bet more when I was younger but as I grew older and wiser, I learned to swallow my pride and began betting smaller units. Nobody gives a fuck what you bet, the amount or how you bet(parlays, teasers, buying points, ridiculous money lines). That's between your local and the casino books. IMO from the looks of it, the amount you're betting, win or lose should not make you lose sleep or change your outcome in life. You have to accept the harsh reality that very few people become professional bettors and we'll be stuck to a shitty job that pays the bills and puts food on the table. I suspect that this is just a side hobby (rather, an expensive one) for you. I would like to think of every forum member in here is somewhat of a responsible adult that has a full-time job with benefits that supports this toxic, destructive habit. If you don't, please utilize your employers 401k match, invest automatically through payroll deduction, set up auto pay for your bills and eventually somewhere down the road, seriously take the time to learn how to manage your "gambling/sports betting budget." There are numerous forum members on here who are very knowledgeable about that topic. (vanzack for example) Only YOU can teach yourself this lesson and I'm sorry, if you don't learn it the umpteenth time around, you're doomed to repeat it until you learn something.

    BOL in your sports betting/gambling journey... cloverpeacepeace_5

    Also on a darker note, if you're contemplating suicide (which I have before with my life's problems) don't even bother. DEATH is one of the CERTAIN EVENTS in life. Don't rush yourself to it. Enjoy life and its unique moments... an_lightpeace_5

     
     
    justliketoplay
    justliketoplay
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2017
    Posts: 5776
    Posted: Oct. 1, 2023 - 8:08 PM ET #25

    Or try Just like to plays stress free overtime experiment which currently has the first four weeks in a row showing profit all stress free and all overtimes coming in on early afternoon games including two overtime games early afternoon thus far today.peace

    When I win Money it's my money and NOT house money
    Reply

    Or try Just like to plays stress free overtime experiment which currently has the first four weeks in a row showing profit all stress free and all overtimes coming in on early afternoon games including two overtime games early afternoon thus far today.peace

    All Forums | NFL Betting Forum
    12345 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,248
    • Thursday 10/01/2026 753
    • PART DEUX 206
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,992
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,102
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,566
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,202
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,117
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,934
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,843

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.