• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 3
      NFL Week 3
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NFL Betting Forum

    MNF - Titans / Dolphins - Seahawks / Lions...

    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»
    vanzack
    brn2loslive2win
    Boa33
    buffer
    spicycurry
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 12873
    Posts: 139
    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Oct. 2, 2024 - 10:21 PM ET #101

    Quote Originally Posted by olddirtyfighter:

    @vanzack Interesting Nitro didn't limit you. I have very recreational book experience with them. Got limited after about 4 weeks playing. They limited me on every market, not only on ones I played to that point. They limited me also on withdrawals and my every withdrawal request gets "randomly picked for inspection which can take several days".

    Honestly - I have no personal experience at Nitro - just what I have read - but I totally believe you as I know who you are.  Take them off the list.

    peace_5

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by olddirtyfighter:

    @vanzack Interesting Nitro didn't limit you. I have very recreational book experience with them. Got limited after about 4 weeks playing. They limited me on every market, not only on ones I played to that point. They limited me also on withdrawals and my every withdrawal request gets "randomly picked for inspection which can take several days".

    Honestly - I have no personal experience at Nitro - just what I have read - but I totally believe you as I know who you are.  Take them off the list.

    peace_5

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Oct. 2, 2024 - 10:25 PM ET #102

    @spicycurry - this is the last time I will address you because we are just going round and round....

    I think I made my point.  You can buy Charmin at walmart, at whole foods, or an alaskan grocery store and it can range from 1x to 10x for the same product.

    That is the best analogy to vig.

    I am going to keep doing what I am doing.  If you feel the need to comment in my threads, I cant stop you - I just will no longer respond to you at all.  I have given you way more of my time than you deserve, and you are being deliberately obtuse to a world you clearly know nothing about.  That is fine. 

    Most people will want to learn about that world, be curious about that world, but there are some who will just curse at the moon because they dont understand it - and those people cant be helped.

    So do what you have to do, I will not engage with  you further.

    peace_5

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    @spicycurry - this is the last time I will address you because we are just going round and round....

    I think I made my point.  You can buy Charmin at walmart, at whole foods, or an alaskan grocery store and it can range from 1x to 10x for the same product.

    That is the best analogy to vig.

    I am going to keep doing what I am doing.  If you feel the need to comment in my threads, I cant stop you - I just will no longer respond to you at all.  I have given you way more of my time than you deserve, and you are being deliberately obtuse to a world you clearly know nothing about.  That is fine. 

    Most people will want to learn about that world, be curious about that world, but there are some who will just curse at the moon because they dont understand it - and those people cant be helped.

    So do what you have to do, I will not engage with  you further.

    peace_5

     
    brn2loslive2win
    brn2loslive2win
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2016
    Posts: 2675
    Posted: Oct. 2, 2024 - 10:40 PM ET #103

    @vanzack

     peace_5 It’s time to start ignoring the whining puppy. When he stops getting your attention he’ll give up and go find a toy to play with. 

    Some of us follow your posts specifically for informational purposes and sifting through this garbage is a waste of everyone’s time, and yours more than ours. What’s your opinion on Dallas this week?

    Reply

    @vanzack

     peace_5 It’s time to start ignoring the whining puppy. When he stops getting your attention he’ll give up and go find a toy to play with. 

    Some of us follow your posts specifically for informational purposes and sifting through this garbage is a waste of everyone’s time, and yours more than ours. What’s your opinion on Dallas this week?

     
    Boa33
    Boa33
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 1462
    Posted: Oct. 2, 2024 - 11:01 PM ET #104

    @spicycurry

    ‘He needs to be taught a lesson’….

    You are in his thread.  If you don’t like it, don’t come in here.  Again, you are taking away from the actual purpose of this forum.

    Mods please ban this user for harassment…

    Unreal.

    Reply

    @spicycurry

    ‘He needs to be taught a lesson’….

    You are in his thread.  If you don’t like it, don’t come in here.  Again, you are taking away from the actual purpose of this forum.

    Mods please ban this user for harassment…

    Unreal.

     
    buffer
    buffer
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2015
    Posts: 7156
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2024 - 12:36 AM ET #105

    @vanzack

     I was driving by a pet adoption center the other day and I saw people playing with the dogs in the playground area and I thought about you. Do you ever play with the animals at the shelters? 

    “The average erect gorilla penis is 3cm (1.25 inches) long”
    Reply

    @vanzack

     I was driving by a pet adoption center the other day and I saw people playing with the dogs in the playground area and I thought about you. Do you ever play with the animals at the shelters? 

     
    spicycurry
    spicycurry
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2024 - 12:41 AM ET #106

    @vanzack

     You didn't prove any point. You continue to ignore what I said about your own comment that you posted in your own thread:

    "Everyone who posts it - if they are on the favorite they simply post -2.5, or if they are on the dog they simply post +3. I think that is disingenuous to what I try to do."

    So Let me ask you again... who is this "everyone" that you're referring to?

    Stop being a hypocrite and don't say those things when you yourself cheat the system too.

    Yeah that's right keep doing what you're doing, I already made my suggestions on how you can be more fair with your record posting but you're too stubborn to adapt.

    Most people are willing to own up to their mistakes, but you just continue to deflect, which proves my point that you are just as dishonest as those people who you say are giving themselves extra points on lines, but yours is actually worse because you don't include any vig as well.

    So you do you, just know your record doesn't mean shit with the "fake lines and no vig that you get" :)

    peace_5

    Reply

    @vanzack

     You didn't prove any point. You continue to ignore what I said about your own comment that you posted in your own thread:

    "Everyone who posts it - if they are on the favorite they simply post -2.5, or if they are on the dog they simply post +3. I think that is disingenuous to what I try to do."

    So Let me ask you again... who is this "everyone" that you're referring to?

    Stop being a hypocrite and don't say those things when you yourself cheat the system too.

    Yeah that's right keep doing what you're doing, I already made my suggestions on how you can be more fair with your record posting but you're too stubborn to adapt.

    Most people are willing to own up to their mistakes, but you just continue to deflect, which proves my point that you are just as dishonest as those people who you say are giving themselves extra points on lines, but yours is actually worse because you don't include any vig as well.

    So you do you, just know your record doesn't mean shit with the "fake lines and no vig that you get" :)

    peace_5

     
    games1
    games1
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2006
    Posts: 4108
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2024 - 1:17 AM ET #107

    Vanzak, you’ll be fine with Baker on Thursday night…??

    Reply

    Vanzak, you’ll be fine with Baker on Thursday night…??

     
    EightIron
    EightIron
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2020
    Posts: 270
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2024 - 1:30 AM ET #108

    Never argue with an idiot   First they drag you down to their level and then they beat you with experience

     

    Thanks for your handicapping Vanzak,  enjoy reading your analysis on games you pick 

    Reply

    Never argue with an idiot   First they drag you down to their level and then they beat you with experience

     

    Thanks for your handicapping Vanzak,  enjoy reading your analysis on games you pick 

     
    CASTORTROY
    CASTORTROY
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2004
    Posts: 2110
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2024 - 1:11 PM ET #109

    Mods, Come on if anyone deserved a straight trip to banishment it was @spicycurry. Rehab will absolutely do nothing for him. He already made multiple alias upvoting his own comments. We know you can see that! Ban and save us all!!
    Reply
    Mods, Come on if anyone deserved a straight trip to banishment it was @spicycurry. Rehab will absolutely do nothing for him. He already made multiple alias upvoting his own comments. We know you can see that! Ban and save us all!!
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2024 - 2:58 PM ET #110

    NO BET BUCS / FALCONS

    GL TO ALL

    peace_5

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    NO BET BUCS / FALCONS

    GL TO ALL

    peace_5

     
    mrquija27
    mrquija27
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 3117
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2024 - 3:11 PM ET #111

    Van appreciate all your input and time you give.  I haven’t posted here in quite some time as I find it a waste of time.   You obviously understand the game of sports betting.   But spice man has a point.  You aren’t exactly transparent in your record of units.  You don’t owe it to anyone.  It’s up to you to keep track tell us or not.  I don’t understand why he cares so much.  But he’s not wrong.   It is literally the most important data point of this game we play.  You can be 7-2 but can still be a loser for example.  Is what it is.  We all understand what you’re saying as the tax rates per se are(vig) are different from book to book.  But losses still add us to a bigger negative bankroll and if you’re going to promote bankroll management that is kind of important.  But again.  You don’t owe anyone.   And you’re one of the few I check in on for opinion on picks.  So no hard feelings.  Just sharing another outside opinion. 

    Reply

    Van appreciate all your input and time you give.  I haven’t posted here in quite some time as I find it a waste of time.   You obviously understand the game of sports betting.   But spice man has a point.  You aren’t exactly transparent in your record of units.  You don’t owe it to anyone.  It’s up to you to keep track tell us or not.  I don’t understand why he cares so much.  But he’s not wrong.   It is literally the most important data point of this game we play.  You can be 7-2 but can still be a loser for example.  Is what it is.  We all understand what you’re saying as the tax rates per se are(vig) are different from book to book.  But losses still add us to a bigger negative bankroll and if you’re going to promote bankroll management that is kind of important.  But again.  You don’t owe anyone.   And you’re one of the few I check in on for opinion on picks.  So no hard feelings.  Just sharing another outside opinion. 

     
    daytonavol
    daytonavol
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 15347
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2024 - 4:03 PM ET #112

    This dude will be positive units by mid season 

    Reply

    This dude will be positive units by mid season 

     
    nawlins51
    nawlins51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 5077
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2024 - 4:32 PM ET #113

    @vanzack

     peace_5

    Reply

    @vanzack

     peace_5

     
    joe pockets
    joe pockets
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2000
    Posts: 5492
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2024 - 5:12 PM ET #114

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Quote Originally Posted by spicycurry: @nawlins51  Appreciate you trying to resolve this! Please look above for my comments to Van about each category. Which exchange is available in the US and not invite only? That was why I didn’t think the no vig record is very fair. And also the lowvig is still average -105 juice right? It’s still not even juice… can you use lowvig if you’re in the US but the state you’re in sports betting isn’t legal? Why would lowvig offer -105 juice when everywhere else offer -110, is it because they don’t do bonuses like bovada? I’m just really trying to understand what’s the catch There is no catch.  It is a competitive marketplace.  Lowvig isn't the only -105 site, I listed others as well. Look spicycurry - I am acting in good faith here but you are really testing my patience - and the patience of everyone else reading this. 1.  You stated that I posted in other peoples threads about wrong lines, but you wont prove it or say it didnt happen.  Weird behavior.2.  Why is it my responsibility to handhold people to no vig, -105, or worry about the laws of their state or country?  These lines are all widely available.  Moreover - you point to ME all the time.  "YOU dont get no vig".  So lets start off with that....  Will you now acknowledge that it is POSSIBLE for SOMEONE to get close to no vig? I, along with most others, are here to talk sports, gambling, and sports gambling.  You are creating a distraction with no end. If you acknowledge #2 can be possible, then it is obvious why assigning vig is a challenge.  If I ask you what is the price of a 6 pack of charmin - THERE IS NO RIGHT ANSWER.  Some buy it with coupons at walmart, and others pay double at Whole foods, and if you live in Alaska it is quadruple.   It is obvious that you are learning your way around this world - and for some reason have a hard on for things you may not have been exposed to.  There are lots of options when it comes to vig, and just like coupon cutting if you work hard you can get it even cheaper. Anyone who bets at a category 1 book deserves what they get...  LESS PROFIT AND MORE LOSS.  I cant help that.  But dont tell me what I can and cant do with my own stuff.  I do it every day, every week, every year.

    You certainly are well versed on this subject!  thumbs_up

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Quote Originally Posted by spicycurry: @nawlins51  Appreciate you trying to resolve this! Please look above for my comments to Van about each category. Which exchange is available in the US and not invite only? That was why I didn’t think the no vig record is very fair. And also the lowvig is still average -105 juice right? It’s still not even juice… can you use lowvig if you’re in the US but the state you’re in sports betting isn’t legal? Why would lowvig offer -105 juice when everywhere else offer -110, is it because they don’t do bonuses like bovada? I’m just really trying to understand what’s the catch There is no catch.  It is a competitive marketplace.  Lowvig isn't the only -105 site, I listed others as well. Look spicycurry - I am acting in good faith here but you are really testing my patience - and the patience of everyone else reading this. 1.  You stated that I posted in other peoples threads about wrong lines, but you wont prove it or say it didnt happen.  Weird behavior.2.  Why is it my responsibility to handhold people to no vig, -105, or worry about the laws of their state or country?  These lines are all widely available.  Moreover - you point to ME all the time.  "YOU dont get no vig".  So lets start off with that....  Will you now acknowledge that it is POSSIBLE for SOMEONE to get close to no vig? I, along with most others, are here to talk sports, gambling, and sports gambling.  You are creating a distraction with no end. If you acknowledge #2 can be possible, then it is obvious why assigning vig is a challenge.  If I ask you what is the price of a 6 pack of charmin - THERE IS NO RIGHT ANSWER.  Some buy it with coupons at walmart, and others pay double at Whole foods, and if you live in Alaska it is quadruple.   It is obvious that you are learning your way around this world - and for some reason have a hard on for things you may not have been exposed to.  There are lots of options when it comes to vig, and just like coupon cutting if you work hard you can get it even cheaper. Anyone who bets at a category 1 book deserves what they get...  LESS PROFIT AND MORE LOSS.  I cant help that.  But dont tell me what I can and cant do with my own stuff.  I do it every day, every week, every year.

    You certainly are well versed on this subject!  thumbs_up

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2024 - 5:55 PM ET #115

    Quote Originally Posted by mrquija27:

    Van appreciate all your input and time you give.  I haven’t posted here in quite some time as I find it a waste of time.   You obviously understand the game of sports betting.   But spice man has a point.  You aren’t exactly transparent in your record of units.  You don’t owe it to anyone.  It’s up to you to keep track tell us or not.  I don’t understand why he cares so much.  But he’s not wrong.   It is literally the most important data point of this game we play.  You can be 7-2 but can still be a loser for example.  Is what it is.  We all understand what you’re saying as the tax rates per se are(vig) are different from book to book.  But losses still add us to a bigger negative bankroll and if you’re going to promote bankroll management that is kind of important.  But again.  You don’t owe anyone.   And you’re one of the few I check in on for opinion on picks.  So no hard feelings.  Just sharing another outside opinion.

    I understand.

    For me to make this personally manageable, I post .1% of what I do.  I post a handful of sides, all at the same time - at whatever the fair line is at the time.  Literally - that is the tip of the iceberg.  But I do that to engage in interaction - to spark conversation - but it has nothing to do with what is actually going on over the course of a week for me.

    Posting currently takes the right amount of time away from my week.  Not too much, not too little.  The other time I actively trading markets all week.  I trade every game, every week.  So I hope you can understand the challenge of putting up an accurate vig number.  Do you want to see my actual vig?  Well - then we would have to include the other 8 games on a sunday that I dont bet.

    For instance - I am not betting the Bucs Lions but I have a 4 digit green number next to both of them.  That means I have traded this week to make tonight a win / win.  Does that count towards my vig?  Does anyone care what I do?  They shouldnt - but for some reason....

    Thats why I make it simple.  So you can add the vig.  Add 10%, or add 5%, or whatever you want.  

    I am curious....  And this is the most important question to ask yourself - and for spicycurry or anyone else....

    WHAT AM I GETTING OUT OF THIS????  I have turned down too many offers to tout over the years to count.  I take no affiliate money from sportsbooks, or anyone else (I could).  I will never turn this in to a money making venture.  Ask yourself why? 

    There are so many days this shit aint worth it.  But I have been doing it a long time.  I enjoy the engagement.  Thats all I get from this.  I could end up -100 units or +100 units - IN THE END IT IS EXACTLY THE SAME TO ME.

    Maybe the answer is to just not keep a record.  I have to consider this.  It is certainly easier for me - and then nobody will be upset.

    peace_5

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by mrquija27:

    Van appreciate all your input and time you give.  I haven’t posted here in quite some time as I find it a waste of time.   You obviously understand the game of sports betting.   But spice man has a point.  You aren’t exactly transparent in your record of units.  You don’t owe it to anyone.  It’s up to you to keep track tell us or not.  I don’t understand why he cares so much.  But he’s not wrong.   It is literally the most important data point of this game we play.  You can be 7-2 but can still be a loser for example.  Is what it is.  We all understand what you’re saying as the tax rates per se are(vig) are different from book to book.  But losses still add us to a bigger negative bankroll and if you’re going to promote bankroll management that is kind of important.  But again.  You don’t owe anyone.   And you’re one of the few I check in on for opinion on picks.  So no hard feelings.  Just sharing another outside opinion.

    I understand.

    For me to make this personally manageable, I post .1% of what I do.  I post a handful of sides, all at the same time - at whatever the fair line is at the time.  Literally - that is the tip of the iceberg.  But I do that to engage in interaction - to spark conversation - but it has nothing to do with what is actually going on over the course of a week for me.

    Posting currently takes the right amount of time away from my week.  Not too much, not too little.  The other time I actively trading markets all week.  I trade every game, every week.  So I hope you can understand the challenge of putting up an accurate vig number.  Do you want to see my actual vig?  Well - then we would have to include the other 8 games on a sunday that I dont bet.

    For instance - I am not betting the Bucs Lions but I have a 4 digit green number next to both of them.  That means I have traded this week to make tonight a win / win.  Does that count towards my vig?  Does anyone care what I do?  They shouldnt - but for some reason....

    Thats why I make it simple.  So you can add the vig.  Add 10%, or add 5%, or whatever you want.  

    I am curious....  And this is the most important question to ask yourself - and for spicycurry or anyone else....

    WHAT AM I GETTING OUT OF THIS????  I have turned down too many offers to tout over the years to count.  I take no affiliate money from sportsbooks, or anyone else (I could).  I will never turn this in to a money making venture.  Ask yourself why? 

    There are so many days this shit aint worth it.  But I have been doing it a long time.  I enjoy the engagement.  Thats all I get from this.  I could end up -100 units or +100 units - IN THE END IT IS EXACTLY THE SAME TO ME.

    Maybe the answer is to just not keep a record.  I have to consider this.  It is certainly easier for me - and then nobody will be upset.

    peace_5

     
    NEGolfJosh3
    NEGolfJosh3
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2024
    Posts: 366
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2024 - 6:23 PM ET #116

    How about ROI? Kind of takes the price out of it. Simplify it all for posting purposes anyway. 

    peace_5

    Reply

    How about ROI? Kind of takes the price out of it. Simplify it all for posting purposes anyway. 

    peace_5

     
    olddirtyfighter
    olddirtyfighter
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 7
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2024 - 6:25 PM ET #117

    @vanzack

    For instance - I am not betting the Bucs Lions but I have a 4 digit green number next to both of them. 

    Impressive.

    ---------------------

    You're giving free money here. I understand why. Only elite capper that does that to my knowledge. And of course, decent chunk of people hate you for it. If I was 30 I would never understand it. Now at 50, I'm sorry to say I expect it. Humans are rotten beasts.

     

     

     

    Reply

    @vanzack

    For instance - I am not betting the Bucs Lions but I have a 4 digit green number next to both of them. 

    Impressive.

    ---------------------

    You're giving free money here. I understand why. Only elite capper that does that to my knowledge. And of course, decent chunk of people hate you for it. If I was 30 I would never understand it. Now at 50, I'm sorry to say I expect it. Humans are rotten beasts.

     

     

     

     
    C-70Blues
    C-70Blues
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2024
    Posts: 850
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2024 - 6:28 PM ET #118

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    NO BET BUCS / FALCONS GL TO ALL

     

    No writeup?

    Self-reliance is more important than artificial intelligence.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    NO BET BUCS / FALCONS GL TO ALL

     

    No writeup?

     
    bshoe43
    bshoe43
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 163
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2024 - 6:33 PM ET #119

    @olddirtyfighter

     not all humans but one rotten egg spoils the whole dozen...

    Reply

    @olddirtyfighter

     not all humans but one rotten egg spoils the whole dozen...

     
    ArtSchlichterJr
    ArtSchlichterJr
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 3465
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2024 - 6:37 PM ET #120

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Quote Originally Posted by mrquija27: Van appreciate all your input and time you give.  I haven’t posted here in quite some time as I find it a waste of time.   You obviously understand the game of sports betting.   But spice man has a point.  You aren’t exactly transparent in your record of units.  You don’t owe it to anyone.  It’s up to you to keep track tell us or not.  I don’t understand why he cares so much.  But he’s not wrong.   It is literally the most important data point of this game we play.  You can be 7-2 but can still be a loser for example.  Is what it is.  We all understand what you’re saying as the tax rates per se are(vig) are different from book to book.  But losses still add us to a bigger negative bankroll and if you’re going to promote bankroll management that is kind of important.  But again.  You don’t owe anyone.   And you’re one of the few I check in on for opinion on picks.  So no hard feelings.  Just sharing another outside opinion. I understand. For me to make this personally manageable, I post .1% of what I do.  I post a handful of sides, all at the same time - at whatever the fair line is at the time.  Literally - that is the tip of the iceberg.  But I do that to engage in interaction - to spark conversation - but it has nothing to do with what is actually going on over the course of a week for me. Posting currently takes the right amount of time away from my week.  Not too much, not too little.  The other time I actively trading markets all week.  I trade every game, every week.  So I hope you can understand the challenge of putting up an accurate vig number.  Do you want to see my actual vig?  Well - then we would have to include the other 8 games on a sunday that I dont bet. For instance - I am not betting the Bucs Lions but I have a 4 digit green number next to both of them.  That means I have traded this week to make tonight a win / win.  Does that count towards my vig?  Does anyone care what I do?  They shouldnt - but for some reason.... Thats why I make it simple.  So you can add the vig.  Add 10%, or add 5%, or whatever you want.   I am curious....  And this is the most important question to ask yourself - and for spicycurry or anyone else.... WHAT AM I GETTING OUT OF THIS????  I have turned down too many offers to tout over the years to count.  I take no affiliate money from sportsbooks, or anyone else (I could).  I will never turn this in to a money making venture.  Ask yourself why?  There are so many days this shit aint worth it.  But I have been doing it a long time.  I enjoy the engagement.  Thats all I get from this.  I could end up -100 units or +100 units - IN THE END IT IS EXACTLY THE SAME TO ME. Maybe the answer is to just not keep a record.  I have to consider this.  It is certainly easier for me - and then nobody will be upset.
    Thank you Van for your time and input luck as it be graduated from Saint Vincent College and they taught me to do simple math if I desire and can add or subtract quite well.. If I care to add in vig.. Once again TY...  Keep up the  info appreciate it... peace_5

    Be careful with the axe Eugene.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Quote Originally Posted by mrquija27: Van appreciate all your input and time you give.  I haven’t posted here in quite some time as I find it a waste of time.   You obviously understand the game of sports betting.   But spice man has a point.  You aren’t exactly transparent in your record of units.  You don’t owe it to anyone.  It’s up to you to keep track tell us or not.  I don’t understand why he cares so much.  But he’s not wrong.   It is literally the most important data point of this game we play.  You can be 7-2 but can still be a loser for example.  Is what it is.  We all understand what you’re saying as the tax rates per se are(vig) are different from book to book.  But losses still add us to a bigger negative bankroll and if you’re going to promote bankroll management that is kind of important.  But again.  You don’t owe anyone.   And you’re one of the few I check in on for opinion on picks.  So no hard feelings.  Just sharing another outside opinion. I understand. For me to make this personally manageable, I post .1% of what I do.  I post a handful of sides, all at the same time - at whatever the fair line is at the time.  Literally - that is the tip of the iceberg.  But I do that to engage in interaction - to spark conversation - but it has nothing to do with what is actually going on over the course of a week for me. Posting currently takes the right amount of time away from my week.  Not too much, not too little.  The other time I actively trading markets all week.  I trade every game, every week.  So I hope you can understand the challenge of putting up an accurate vig number.  Do you want to see my actual vig?  Well - then we would have to include the other 8 games on a sunday that I dont bet. For instance - I am not betting the Bucs Lions but I have a 4 digit green number next to both of them.  That means I have traded this week to make tonight a win / win.  Does that count towards my vig?  Does anyone care what I do?  They shouldnt - but for some reason.... Thats why I make it simple.  So you can add the vig.  Add 10%, or add 5%, or whatever you want.   I am curious....  And this is the most important question to ask yourself - and for spicycurry or anyone else.... WHAT AM I GETTING OUT OF THIS????  I have turned down too many offers to tout over the years to count.  I take no affiliate money from sportsbooks, or anyone else (I could).  I will never turn this in to a money making venture.  Ask yourself why?  There are so many days this shit aint worth it.  But I have been doing it a long time.  I enjoy the engagement.  Thats all I get from this.  I could end up -100 units or +100 units - IN THE END IT IS EXACTLY THE SAME TO ME. Maybe the answer is to just not keep a record.  I have to consider this.  It is certainly easier for me - and then nobody will be upset.
    Thank you Van for your time and input luck as it be graduated from Saint Vincent College and they taught me to do simple math if I desire and can add or subtract quite well.. If I care to add in vig.. Once again TY...  Keep up the  info appreciate it... peace_5

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2024 - 6:58 PM ET #121

    Right now, on exchanges...

    You can get the Bucs +2.5 +101.1 (including commission) and the Falcons -2.5 -102.5 (including commission).

    Just giving an example.  This happens every game, every week.

    an_popcorn

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Right now, on exchanges...

    You can get the Bucs +2.5 +101.1 (including commission) and the Falcons -2.5 -102.5 (including commission).

    Just giving an example.  This happens every game, every week.

    an_popcorn

     
    brewster
    brewster
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 459
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2024 - 7:03 PM ET #122

    @C-70Blues

     Are you out of your mind?

    Reply

    @C-70Blues

     Are you out of your mind?

     
    mrquija27
    mrquija27
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 3117
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2024 - 7:17 PM ET #123

    @vanzack

     I get it and completely fair.  Just saying I don’t think the guy is completely crazy.  Some if not most judge who to follow based on results.  But you’re correct again. You owe no one anything. 

    Reply

    @vanzack

     I get it and completely fair.  Just saying I don’t think the guy is completely crazy.  Some if not most judge who to follow based on results.  But you’re correct again. You owe no one anything. 

     
    tommymo3
    tommymo3
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2018
    Posts: 59
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2024 - 7:50 PM ET #124

    @vanzack

    So just out of curiosity with your trading - On a game like last week when the saints falcons game lands 2 and the spread was back and forth between 1.5 and 3 all week did you catch a middle?  And is that just a massive win then?

    Reply

    @vanzack

    So just out of curiosity with your trading - On a game like last week when the saints falcons game lands 2 and the spread was back and forth between 1.5 and 3 all week did you catch a middle?  And is that just a massive win then?

     
     
    dyamarik
    dyamarik
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 12346
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2024 - 8:40 PM ET #125

    spicycurry and other Trolls are how the saying about "opinions and assholes" came to be...

    Van - please keep posting picks regardless of the juice nonsense, etc.  I have been posting on Covers for 22+ years now, and can say without a doubt that you are one of the best Cappers on here, and generally a decent human being, and many of us appreciate your tolerance on this God-Forsaken shit show of a website. 

    I spend most my time in NHL Forum now, cuz its a little more low-key, and really embodies the spirit of what a site like Covers should be:  share info, post picks, and engage in healthy debate on how/why you made the picks you did.  I post my record and each and every ML and Puck Line on every pick, and post an accurate ROI from October to June.  Others do not.  I could not give a flying f#ck that they do not post that.  It's not important to me.  As you stated: what you do is the only thing that is important.peace_5

    As my Scottish colleague would say: "what ungrateful, whiny c#unts people can be..." thumbs_down

     

    People who can afford to gamble don't need money, and those who need money can't afford to
    Reply

    spicycurry and other Trolls are how the saying about "opinions and assholes" came to be...

    Van - please keep posting picks regardless of the juice nonsense, etc.  I have been posting on Covers for 22+ years now, and can say without a doubt that you are one of the best Cappers on here, and generally a decent human being, and many of us appreciate your tolerance on this God-Forsaken shit show of a website. 

    I spend most my time in NHL Forum now, cuz its a little more low-key, and really embodies the spirit of what a site like Covers should be:  share info, post picks, and engage in healthy debate on how/why you made the picks you did.  I post my record and each and every ML and Puck Line on every pick, and post an accurate ROI from October to June.  Others do not.  I could not give a flying f#ck that they do not post that.  It's not important to me.  As you stated: what you do is the only thing that is important.peace_5

    As my Scottish colleague would say: "what ungrateful, whiny c#unts people can be..." thumbs_down

     

    All Forums | NFL Betting Forum
    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,609
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,456
    • Sunday 09/27/2026 504
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,129
    • Rams vs Broncos in game live SNF 2,711
    • Sunday 3,124
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 101,938
    • HELP PLEASE 1,474
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 13,582
    • NFL Sunday 7,454

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.