• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 3
      NFL Week 3
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | MLB Betting Forum

    "Hot Stove" MLB Season Is Here!

    «First Previous 789 ... 8910 Next Last»
    JEG53
    undermysac
    barneybeans
    OneWayOut
    KeyElement
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 3488
    Posts: 241
    «First Previous 789 ... 8910 Next Last»
     
    JEG53
    JEG53
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 26756
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2023 - 8:34 PM ET #151

    @Kep131313

     

     As I wrote moron I do not believe I watched any extra innings, plus my last year was filled with alot of crap so keep your comments to your self.

    Have never seen you anywhere on here so keep your fukin nose out of my post.

    Reply

    @Kep131313

     

     As I wrote moron I do not believe I watched any extra innings, plus my last year was filled with alot of crap so keep your comments to your self.

    Have never seen you anywhere on here so keep your fukin nose out of my post.

     
    undermysac
    undermysac
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 52278
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2023 - 1:49 PM ET #152

    sleep2

    Reply

    sleep2

     
    barneybeans
    barneybeans
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2003
    Posts: 9981
    Posted: Mar. 6, 2023 - 7:29 PM ET #153

    Inside the Plan to Fix Baseball

     

     

    The pen is mightier than the pigs
    Reply

    Inside the Plan to Fix Baseball

     

     

     
    OneWayOut
    OneWayOut
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2021
    Posts: 2135
    Posted: Mar. 6, 2023 - 8:48 PM ET #154

    @barneybeans

     Thanks for that article, Barney. To me, the final nail in the coffin was the shift ban. How embarrassing is it that you have guys in the Majors who are incapable of hitting to the opposite field? What a reflection on today’s talent…Instead of being forced to change the rules, how about you teach these “Major Leaguers”what they should have learned in Little League instead of teaching them launch angles. Analytics have buried this sport.

    Reply

    @barneybeans

     Thanks for that article, Barney. To me, the final nail in the coffin was the shift ban. How embarrassing is it that you have guys in the Majors who are incapable of hitting to the opposite field? What a reflection on today’s talent…Instead of being forced to change the rules, how about you teach these “Major Leaguers”what they should have learned in Little League instead of teaching them launch angles. Analytics have buried this sport.

     
    barneybeans
    barneybeans
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2003
    Posts: 9981
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2023 - 2:06 PM ET #155

    Quote Originally Posted by OneWayOut:

    @barneybeans  Thanks for that article, Barney. To me, the final nail in the coffin was the shift ban. How embarrassing is it that you have guys in the Majors who are incapable of hitting to the opposite field? What a reflection on today’s talent…Instead of being forced to change the rules, how about you teach these “Major Leaguers”what they should have learned in Little League instead of teaching them launch angles. Analytics have buried this sport.
    The shift burned Ted Williams later in his career.

    I think it was easier as a batter to spread the ball around and beat the shift - or negate the need for it - when the fastest fastball is only 90mph and the starter went 8 innings and had to preserve his arm.

    Nowadays every starter has a cannon with super spin and break because they are only throwing70 pitches in 5 innings.

    Basically over the years baseball has figured out a way to beat itself, making the games "not as enjoyable" as they once were without actually breaking any rules.

    I am not defending any of the new bullshit changes by any means. But I understand.

     

     

    The pen is mightier than the pigs
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by OneWayOut:

    @barneybeans  Thanks for that article, Barney. To me, the final nail in the coffin was the shift ban. How embarrassing is it that you have guys in the Majors who are incapable of hitting to the opposite field? What a reflection on today’s talent…Instead of being forced to change the rules, how about you teach these “Major Leaguers”what they should have learned in Little League instead of teaching them launch angles. Analytics have buried this sport.
    The shift burned Ted Williams later in his career.

    I think it was easier as a batter to spread the ball around and beat the shift - or negate the need for it - when the fastest fastball is only 90mph and the starter went 8 innings and had to preserve his arm.

    Nowadays every starter has a cannon with super spin and break because they are only throwing70 pitches in 5 innings.

    Basically over the years baseball has figured out a way to beat itself, making the games "not as enjoyable" as they once were without actually breaking any rules.

    I am not defending any of the new bullshit changes by any means. But I understand.

     

     

     
    barneybeans
    barneybeans
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2003
    Posts: 9981
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2023 - 2:39 PM ET #156

    What I mean is, in the article I posted there was a "test":

    "The league has long had fan research that shows the ideal average length of a game in baseball is two hours and thirty minutes. That’s the length it had been, more or less, up through the 1970s. In those days, that’s just how the game was played. MLB officials were stunned when they watched a 1986 Mets–Astros playoff game and put a pitch timer on the screen just for context. The pitchers consistently beat the clock, often by several seconds.

    'Absolutely,' says Epstein. 'If you dropped a pitch timer in the 1970s or 1980s, I don’t think anyone would have even noticed it.'

    But for various reasons, everything started slowing down, particularly in the 1990s and 2000s. By 2015, the game was stretching out to three hours, and it was filled with dead time—pitchers just standing there, batters adjusting their equipment, absolutely nothing happening. Something, clearly, had to be done."

    In my opinion the older games flowed better, ran at a decent pace and were much more enjoyable than today.

    Like I said above, baseball beat itself

     

     

    The pen is mightier than the pigs
    Reply

    What I mean is, in the article I posted there was a "test":

    "The league has long had fan research that shows the ideal average length of a game in baseball is two hours and thirty minutes. That’s the length it had been, more or less, up through the 1970s. In those days, that’s just how the game was played. MLB officials were stunned when they watched a 1986 Mets–Astros playoff game and put a pitch timer on the screen just for context. The pitchers consistently beat the clock, often by several seconds.

    'Absolutely,' says Epstein. 'If you dropped a pitch timer in the 1970s or 1980s, I don’t think anyone would have even noticed it.'

    But for various reasons, everything started slowing down, particularly in the 1990s and 2000s. By 2015, the game was stretching out to three hours, and it was filled with dead time—pitchers just standing there, batters adjusting their equipment, absolutely nothing happening. Something, clearly, had to be done."

    In my opinion the older games flowed better, ran at a decent pace and were much more enjoyable than today.

    Like I said above, baseball beat itself

     

     

     
    barneybeans
    barneybeans
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2003
    Posts: 9981
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2023 - 2:49 PM ET #157

    @JEG53

     

    Quote Originally Posted by JEG53:

    @Kep131313    As I wrote moron I do not believe I watched any extra innings, plus my last year was filled with alot of crap so keep your comments to your self. Have never seen you anywhere on here so keep your fukin nose out of my post.
    I think that rule is 2 seasons old. But if you're not studying everything..... there was a rule put in a few years ago that I was actually in agreement with, that a pitching change in a given inning, that pitcher needed to finish the inning or go at least 6 batters.

    I am not a fan of the switching pitchers for every batter.

    But I had no idea it was implemented while posting let year.

     

     

    The pen is mightier than the pigs
    Reply

    @JEG53

     

    Quote Originally Posted by JEG53:

    @Kep131313    As I wrote moron I do not believe I watched any extra innings, plus my last year was filled with alot of crap so keep your comments to your self. Have never seen you anywhere on here so keep your fukin nose out of my post.
    I think that rule is 2 seasons old. But if you're not studying everything..... there was a rule put in a few years ago that I was actually in agreement with, that a pitching change in a given inning, that pitcher needed to finish the inning or go at least 6 batters.

    I am not a fan of the switching pitchers for every batter.

    But I had no idea it was implemented while posting let year.

     

     

     
    undermysac
    undermysac
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 52278
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2023 - 4:29 PM ET #158

    @barneybeans

    "that pitcher needed to finish the inning or go at least 6 batters."

    I believe that it is 3 batters peace_5

    Reply

    @barneybeans

    "that pitcher needed to finish the inning or go at least 6 batters."

    I believe that it is 3 batters peace_5

     
    JEG53
    JEG53
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 26756
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2023 - 10:56 PM ET #159

    @barneybeans

     Yeh during Covid which I got my bar closed so did take a break plus the schedule  was bleak anyway, I do not watch as much as I used to as I worked in a sports bar and went from watching 100 games a week to just really nothing during lockdown. My bar never did open up so after 43 years at hotel I retired. Much easier getting info watching 30 TVs and talking to a bar full of degenerates, that was how I got most of info, not a big computer guy.

    Thanks for info barney, I read about the rule a few months ago and was really surprised on that stupid change.

    Reply

    @barneybeans

     Yeh during Covid which I got my bar closed so did take a break plus the schedule  was bleak anyway, I do not watch as much as I used to as I worked in a sports bar and went from watching 100 games a week to just really nothing during lockdown. My bar never did open up so after 43 years at hotel I retired. Much easier getting info watching 30 TVs and talking to a bar full of degenerates, that was how I got most of info, not a big computer guy.

    Thanks for info barney, I read about the rule a few months ago and was really surprised on that stupid change.

     
    OneWayOut
    OneWayOut
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2021
    Posts: 2135
    Posted: Mar. 8, 2023 - 11:09 AM ET #160

    Quote Originally Posted by JEG53:

    @barneybeans  Yeh during Covid which I got my bar closed so did take a break plus the schedule  was bleak anyway, I do not watch as much as I used to as I worked in a sports bar and went from watching 100 games a week to just really nothing during lockdown. My bar never did open up so after 43 years at hotel I retired. Much easier getting info watching 30 TVs and talking to a bar full of degenerates, that was how I got most of info, not a big computer guy. Thanks for info barney, I read about the rule a few months ago and was really surprised on that stupid change.
    Man, JEG, you must be really old…an_wink

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by JEG53:

    @barneybeans  Yeh during Covid which I got my bar closed so did take a break plus the schedule  was bleak anyway, I do not watch as much as I used to as I worked in a sports bar and went from watching 100 games a week to just really nothing during lockdown. My bar never did open up so after 43 years at hotel I retired. Much easier getting info watching 30 TVs and talking to a bar full of degenerates, that was how I got most of info, not a big computer guy. Thanks for info barney, I read about the rule a few months ago and was really surprised on that stupid change.
    Man, JEG, you must be really old…an_wink

     
    undermysac
    undermysac
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 52278
    Posted: Mar. 8, 2023 - 12:24 PM ET #161

    @OneWayOut

     The real story is that Jeg got fired when he started to take guests to the wrong floors on the elevator 

    peace_5

    Reply

    @OneWayOut

     The real story is that Jeg got fired when he started to take guests to the wrong floors on the elevator 

    peace_5

     
    undermysac
    undermysac
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 52278
    Posted: Mar. 8, 2023 - 12:25 PM ET #162

    Speaking of old, where's the guy who started this thread?

    As every year, we hope all is well with Key when his absence is prolonged. 

    peace_5

    Reply

    Speaking of old, where's the guy who started this thread?

    As every year, we hope all is well with Key when his absence is prolonged. 

    peace_5

     
    OneWayOut
    OneWayOut
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2021
    Posts: 2135
    Posted: Mar. 8, 2023 - 12:35 PM ET #163

    Quote Originally Posted by undermysac:

    @OneWayOut  The real story is that Jeg got fired when he started to take guests to the wrong floors on the elevator
    an_roll_laugh

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by undermysac:

    @OneWayOut  The real story is that Jeg got fired when he started to take guests to the wrong floors on the elevator
    an_roll_laugh

     
    JEG53
    JEG53
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 26756
    Posted: Mar. 8, 2023 - 3:21 PM ET #164

    @undermysac

     Yeh but I was Drunk so it was ok.

    Reply

    @undermysac

     Yeh but I was Drunk so it was ok.

     
    JEG53
    JEG53
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 26756
    Posted: Mar. 8, 2023 - 3:25 PM ET #165

    Quote Originally Posted by OneWayOut:

    Quote Originally Posted by JEG53: @barneybeans  Yeh during Covid which I got my bar closed so did take a break plus the schedule  was bleak anyway, I do not watch as much as I used to as I worked in a sports bar and went from watching 100 games a week to just really nothing during lockdown. My bar never did open up so after 43 years at hotel I retired. Much easier getting info watching 30 TVs and talking to a bar full of degenerates, that was how I got most of info, not a big computer guy. Thanks for info barney, I read about the rule a few months ago and was really surprised on that stupid change.Man, JEG, you must be really old…

     

    Started in my 20s so Key and you still have many years on me. an_cheers

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by OneWayOut:

    Quote Originally Posted by JEG53: @barneybeans  Yeh during Covid which I got my bar closed so did take a break plus the schedule  was bleak anyway, I do not watch as much as I used to as I worked in a sports bar and went from watching 100 games a week to just really nothing during lockdown. My bar never did open up so after 43 years at hotel I retired. Much easier getting info watching 30 TVs and talking to a bar full of degenerates, that was how I got most of info, not a big computer guy. Thanks for info barney, I read about the rule a few months ago and was really surprised on that stupid change.Man, JEG, you must be really old…

     

    Started in my 20s so Key and you still have many years on me. an_cheers

     
    KeyElement
    KeyElement
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 23750
    Posted: Mar. 10, 2023 - 6:23 PM ET #166

    Can it be true? The beloved, esteemed, grand poo-bah of the baseball universe has not smiled on his sychophantic worshippers for six weeks? I am receiving messages from the baseball gods. DO NOT ABANDON THOSE BOYS!

    Well, I don't know how much good I am going to be this year. Perhaps very little, because age and imbecility are gaining ground pretty fast. The day when I didn't have to look over my shoulder is long gone. 

    HOWEVER! I will give it one more go and until I see guys coming upon my humble homestead with torches and pitchforks I will hang in there. I cut down the only tall tree in the neighborhood so they need not bother with a rope. The yard is mined and I traded my watchdog for a Bengal Tiger, so security is up-to-date. 

    Now then. If you are looking for some really good baseball advice, let me know when you find it. Until then I suggest you Google "wishful thinking" or hit a game store a dart board or crystal ball; maybe even a Ouija board for the truly sophisticated handicapper. 

    Picks? Opinions? Sometime soon. 

    clover bigsmile

    Now and then even a BLIND squirrel can find an acorn
    Reply

    Can it be true? The beloved, esteemed, grand poo-bah of the baseball universe has not smiled on his sychophantic worshippers for six weeks? I am receiving messages from the baseball gods. DO NOT ABANDON THOSE BOYS!

    Well, I don't know how much good I am going to be this year. Perhaps very little, because age and imbecility are gaining ground pretty fast. The day when I didn't have to look over my shoulder is long gone. 

    HOWEVER! I will give it one more go and until I see guys coming upon my humble homestead with torches and pitchforks I will hang in there. I cut down the only tall tree in the neighborhood so they need not bother with a rope. The yard is mined and I traded my watchdog for a Bengal Tiger, so security is up-to-date. 

    Now then. If you are looking for some really good baseball advice, let me know when you find it. Until then I suggest you Google "wishful thinking" or hit a game store a dart board or crystal ball; maybe even a Ouija board for the truly sophisticated handicapper. 

    Picks? Opinions? Sometime soon. 

    clover bigsmile

     
    OneWayOut
    OneWayOut
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2021
    Posts: 2135
    Posted: Mar. 10, 2023 - 7:13 PM ET #167

    Quote Originally Posted by KeyElement:

    Can it be true? The beloved, esteemed, grand poo-bah of the baseball universe has not smiled on his sychophantic worshippers for six weeks? I am receiving messages from the baseball gods. DO NOT ABANDON THOSE BOYS! Well, I don't know how much good I am going to be this year. Perhaps very little, because age and imbecility are gaining ground pretty fast. The day when I didn't have to look over my shoulder is long gone.  HOWEVER! I will give it one more go and until I see guys coming upon my humble homestead with torches and pitchforks I will hang in there. I cut down the only tall tree in the neighborhood so they need not bother with a rope. The yard is mined and I traded my watchdog for a Bengal Tiger, so security is up-to-date.  Now then. If you are looking for some really good baseball advice, let me know when you find it. Until then I suggest you Google "wishful thinking" or hit a game store a dart board or crystal ball; maybe even a Ouija board for the truly sophisticated handicapper.  Picks? Opinions? Sometime soon.
    For the current way the game is played, a coin flip will suffice and is much cheaper than a Ouija board….

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by KeyElement:

    Can it be true? The beloved, esteemed, grand poo-bah of the baseball universe has not smiled on his sychophantic worshippers for six weeks? I am receiving messages from the baseball gods. DO NOT ABANDON THOSE BOYS! Well, I don't know how much good I am going to be this year. Perhaps very little, because age and imbecility are gaining ground pretty fast. The day when I didn't have to look over my shoulder is long gone.  HOWEVER! I will give it one more go and until I see guys coming upon my humble homestead with torches and pitchforks I will hang in there. I cut down the only tall tree in the neighborhood so they need not bother with a rope. The yard is mined and I traded my watchdog for a Bengal Tiger, so security is up-to-date.  Now then. If you are looking for some really good baseball advice, let me know when you find it. Until then I suggest you Google "wishful thinking" or hit a game store a dart board or crystal ball; maybe even a Ouija board for the truly sophisticated handicapper.  Picks? Opinions? Sometime soon.
    For the current way the game is played, a coin flip will suffice and is much cheaper than a Ouija board….

     
    KeyElement
    KeyElement
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 23750
    Posted: Mar. 10, 2023 - 8:47 PM ET #168

    @OneWayOut

     Have to admit I hadn't thought of that. See? I'm slipping.

    peace_5

    Now and then even a BLIND squirrel can find an acorn
    Reply

    @OneWayOut

     Have to admit I hadn't thought of that. See? I'm slipping.

    peace_5

     
    KeyElement
    KeyElement
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 23750
    Posted: Mar. 10, 2023 - 8:53 PM ET #169

    Quote Originally Posted by JEG53:

    @Kep131313    As I wrote moron I do not believe I watched any extra innings, plus my last year was filled with alot of crap so keep your comments to your self. Have never seen you anywhere on here so keep your fukin nose out of my post.

    Pretty scathing buddy. but I suppose he asked for it. Why didn't you ask him what his last 3 or 4 Usernames were? There are not any "newbies" on Covers anymore, just recycled morons.

    an_clap an_roll_laugh

    Now and then even a BLIND squirrel can find an acorn
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by JEG53:

    @Kep131313    As I wrote moron I do not believe I watched any extra innings, plus my last year was filled with alot of crap so keep your comments to your self. Have never seen you anywhere on here so keep your fukin nose out of my post.

    Pretty scathing buddy. but I suppose he asked for it. Why didn't you ask him what his last 3 or 4 Usernames were? There are not any "newbies" on Covers anymore, just recycled morons.

    an_clap an_roll_laugh

     
    Hoyasaxa
    Hoyasaxa
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 5248
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2023 - 10:14 AM ET #170

    Key, long respected your work. I think this year will be challenging initially but extremely opportunistic and rare because books have to guess effects of the rules and sone teams will be smarter at reacting to them. But I definitely expect more offense. It is sad nobody could be 1/10 like Tony Gwynn and just aim in what he called the 5.5 hole opposite field but now those pull hitters will reach

     

     

    Reply

    Key, long respected your work. I think this year will be challenging initially but extremely opportunistic and rare because books have to guess effects of the rules and sone teams will be smarter at reacting to them. But I definitely expect more offense. It is sad nobody could be 1/10 like Tony Gwynn and just aim in what he called the 5.5 hole opposite field but now those pull hitters will reach

     

     

     
    JEG53
    JEG53
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 26756
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2023 - 11:15 AM ET #171

    Quote Originally Posted by KeyElement:

    Quote Originally Posted by JEG53: @Kep131313    As I wrote moron I do not believe I watched any extra innings, plus my last year was filled with alot of crap so keep your comments to your self. Have never seen you anywhere on here so keep your fukin nose out of my post. Pretty scathing buddy. but I suppose he asked for it. Why didn't you ask him what his last 3 or 4 Usernames were? There are not any "newbies" on Covers anymore, just recycled morons.

     

    Good thing about getting old is I do not even remember what he said, I posted something about the extra inning new ideas which seems to not be as new as i thought.

    I actually did not expect to see you back this year, if this is last one hope you Rock ans Roll.

    peace_5  an_clap

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by KeyElement:

    Quote Originally Posted by JEG53: @Kep131313    As I wrote moron I do not believe I watched any extra innings, plus my last year was filled with alot of crap so keep your comments to your self. Have never seen you anywhere on here so keep your fukin nose out of my post. Pretty scathing buddy. but I suppose he asked for it. Why didn't you ask him what his last 3 or 4 Usernames were? There are not any "newbies" on Covers anymore, just recycled morons.

     

    Good thing about getting old is I do not even remember what he said, I posted something about the extra inning new ideas which seems to not be as new as i thought.

    I actually did not expect to see you back this year, if this is last one hope you Rock ans Roll.

    peace_5  an_clap

     
    KeyElement
    KeyElement
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 23750
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2023 - 5:32 PM ET #172

    @JEG53

     

     Let's watch that "last year" s**t my friend. You know as well as I the last year will not be recorded until I am in the ground, or a nursing home for the senile. Just think about how I will be boring those old folks with how great I was back in the day. Oh well. if they are senile too it will just mean the stories are new to them every day. 

    At last I am paying some attention to S.T. games, so I can start forming some opinions. Nothing to be gleaned yet as most games are still being decided by guys that won't make the 40 man roster, much less the major league roster.  

    Hoyasaxa: It will take time to assess the effect of the changes, but I am already happy with the shortened pitch clock. For years both pitchers and batters have delayed the next pitch as much as possible due to fear. They just don't want to face bad results. We need to get back to "Let's get it on, brother." Next rule change needed? No more than 20 seconds for a home run trot!

    new_cool

    Now and then even a BLIND squirrel can find an acorn
    Reply

    @JEG53

     

     Let's watch that "last year" s**t my friend. You know as well as I the last year will not be recorded until I am in the ground, or a nursing home for the senile. Just think about how I will be boring those old folks with how great I was back in the day. Oh well. if they are senile too it will just mean the stories are new to them every day. 

    At last I am paying some attention to S.T. games, so I can start forming some opinions. Nothing to be gleaned yet as most games are still being decided by guys that won't make the 40 man roster, much less the major league roster.  

    Hoyasaxa: It will take time to assess the effect of the changes, but I am already happy with the shortened pitch clock. For years both pitchers and batters have delayed the next pitch as much as possible due to fear. They just don't want to face bad results. We need to get back to "Let's get it on, brother." Next rule change needed? No more than 20 seconds for a home run trot!

    new_cool

     
    JEG53
    JEG53
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 26756
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2023 - 9:05 PM ET #173

    @KeyElement

     That is good, I just got the feeling you were on your last legs, new_devil.

    Hey what is up with Kari Lake, she was asked if she wanted to run with Trump and she replied, I am the Governor so would not be able to be VP. new_laugh_crynew_laugh_cry.

    She is a bit out of her mind, but she is still getting a bunch of money so what do I know.

    Reply

    @KeyElement

     That is good, I just got the feeling you were on your last legs, new_devil.

    Hey what is up with Kari Lake, she was asked if she wanted to run with Trump and she replied, I am the Governor so would not be able to be VP. new_laugh_crynew_laugh_cry.

    She is a bit out of her mind, but she is still getting a bunch of money so what do I know.

     
    undermysac
    undermysac
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 52278
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2023 - 11:23 PM ET #174

    I believe that I found Trainwreck66 an_light

    Reply

    I believe that I found Trainwreck66 an_light

     
     
    Hoyasaxa
    Hoyasaxa
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 5248
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2023 - 11:10 AM ET #175

    Yes, thank god they outlawed idiots like Garciaparra twisting his gloves outside the box every freaking pitch.. Losing the shift will definitely help so many, less throws to first, more steals, smart teams will steal more, score more.. less idiots only trying to homer.. 

    look hard early on and you’ll see who went to school

    Reply

    Yes, thank god they outlawed idiots like Garciaparra twisting his gloves outside the box every freaking pitch.. Losing the shift will definitely help so many, less throws to first, more steals, smart teams will steal more, score more.. less idiots only trying to homer.. 

    look hard early on and you’ll see who went to school

    All Forums | MLB Betting Forum
    «First Previous 789 ... 8910 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,568
    • Monday 09/28/2026 774
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,184
    • Rams vs Broncos in game live SNF 2,735
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,034
    • Eagles@Bears discussion 2,099
    • Mike Trout Strikeouts 7,156
    • Another BS PI 981
    • HELP PLEASE 1,619
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,540

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.