• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Buccaneers-Cowboys Leans
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Las Vegas

    MGM - How to get free drinks at the sportsbook

    123 Next Last»
    r2edline
    mafioso
    John_Drama
    666LES
    mainmanmainman2
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 37245
    Posts: 58
    123 Next Last»
     
    r2edline
    r2edline
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 12
    Posted: Mar. 21, 2012 - 3:00 AM ET #1

    So I'm headed to Vegas next weekend for the Final Four & staying the MGM, wondering if someone who's been there recently knows what it takes to get free drinks here?

    I've done a bunch of searching and read everything from no free drinks, to yes free drinks, and some that said you have to put down significant money.

    Can someone clarify? If you need to wager what's the minimum to get free drinks? And is it just a couple or can I watch multiple games for a few hours? (of course, always tip)

    Thanks for the insight.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    So I'm headed to Vegas next weekend for the Final Four & staying the MGM, wondering if someone who's been there recently knows what it takes to get free drinks here?

    I've done a bunch of searching and read everything from no free drinks, to yes free drinks, and some that said you have to put down significant money.

    Can someone clarify? If you need to wager what's the minimum to get free drinks? And is it just a couple or can I watch multiple games for a few hours? (of course, always tip)

    Thanks for the insight.
     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Mar. 21, 2012 - 5:20 AM ET #2

    500 or 600 dollars will get you 6 free drink tickets for the day, You also have to sign up for the M-Life card.

     

    6 drink tickets is the limit I beleive, but why not go to the Belagio if you want free drinks?

    Better nicer and roomier sportsbook and a hell of a lot more comfortable.

    Reply

    500 or 600 dollars will get you 6 free drink tickets for the day, You also have to sign up for the M-Life card.

     

    6 drink tickets is the limit I beleive, but why not go to the Belagio if you want free drinks?

    Better nicer and roomier sportsbook and a hell of a lot more comfortable.

     
    r2edline
    r2edline
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 12
    Posted: Mar. 21, 2012 - 1:27 PM ET #3

    Sorry if this is a stupid question - but by drink ticket you mean 1 drink per ticket?

    Last time I was there, about 4 or 5 years ago, I think you had to have down about $200 on games for free drinks.  $500 seems excessive.

    Could go to the Bellagio, but we're staying at the MGM, so much easier to just stumble up to the room after we're done.

    Can anyone else comment on this?
    Reply
    Sorry if this is a stupid question - but by drink ticket you mean 1 drink per ticket?

    Last time I was there, about 4 or 5 years ago, I think you had to have down about $200 on games for free drinks.  $500 seems excessive.

    Could go to the Bellagio, but we're staying at the MGM, so much easier to just stumble up to the room after we're done.

    Can anyone else comment on this?
     
    John_Drama
    John_Drama
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 1868
    Posted: Mar. 22, 2012 - 2:44 PM ET #4

    I dropped $500 on a couple of games at Planet Hollywood last weekend and no drink tickets. But a $2 bet on the pony's would get me a free ticket
    Reply
    I dropped $500 on a couple of games at Planet Hollywood last weekend and no drink tickets. But a $2 bet on the pony's would get me a free ticket
     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Mar. 22, 2012 - 3:46 PM ET #5

    I know free drinks are a popular subject but the drinks are watered and you still have to tip/not 'free'. If you're betting a nickel I would think you'd like a real drink. nohate
    Reply
    I know free drinks are a popular subject but the drinks are watered and you still have to tip/not 'free'. If you're betting a nickel I would think you'd like a real drink. nohate
     
    mainmanmainman2
    mainmanmainman2
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 4357
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2012 - 2:30 PM ET #6

    sit near the poneys and have any betting ticket out. or just read a newspaper while ur sitting down in one of those stalls, the waitress should come by and take ur order.

    i sat down and they come right away. doesnt matter if u have a betting ticket out. just make sure u have a dollar or two to tip. if u want a strong mix drink ask for more liquor and smile, they should pour more liquor because thats their job. have fun.
    Reply
    sit near the poneys and have any betting ticket out. or just read a newspaper while ur sitting down in one of those stalls, the waitress should come by and take ur order.

    i sat down and they come right away. doesnt matter if u have a betting ticket out. just make sure u have a dollar or two to tip. if u want a strong mix drink ask for more liquor and smile, they should pour more liquor because thats their job. have fun.
     
    Ktrain
    Ktrain
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 6580
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2012 - 5:59 PM ET #7

    Great thread actually. I was just in Vegas last weekend and am headed back tomorrow. 

    I was gambling at the MGM for College Football's championship Saturady(Conference Championships). 

    The MGM's policy was 1 drink ticket for every $50 or $100 wagered on sports(I wish I could remember). 

    I was at the Imperial Palace(which falls under Caesars Ent) and the policy was 1 drink ticket for every $100 wagered. 

    Pretty much bull shit if you ask me but I don't get to make the rules. 

    I did hear the same thing about the pony's though. I heard if you basically make a $5 pony wager you will get a drink ticket. 

    It just seems like a better deal even if you don't care about the pony's and know nothing about them(which I don't). 

    This weekend it is a sports wager with a pony wager for the lowest limit allowed. 
    Reply
    Great thread actually. I was just in Vegas last weekend and am headed back tomorrow. 

    I was gambling at the MGM for College Football's championship Saturady(Conference Championships). 

    The MGM's policy was 1 drink ticket for every $50 or $100 wagered on sports(I wish I could remember). 

    I was at the Imperial Palace(which falls under Caesars Ent) and the policy was 1 drink ticket for every $100 wagered. 

    Pretty much bull shit if you ask me but I don't get to make the rules. 

    I did hear the same thing about the pony's though. I heard if you basically make a $5 pony wager you will get a drink ticket. 

    It just seems like a better deal even if you don't care about the pony's and know nothing about them(which I don't). 

    This weekend it is a sports wager with a pony wager for the lowest limit allowed. 
     
    LoboSteve
    LoboSteve
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2006
    Posts: 38
    Posted: Mar. 24, 2012 - 3:13 PM ET #8

    I was at Bill's Gamblin' Hall & Saloon recently. They use Harrah's lines. I was in the middle of the Strip and lazy about shopping around for good lines. I went in there and placed about $50.00 in bets at the sportsbook and got 2 free drink tickets. The guy behind the counter was really easygoing about it. The next day I was in there again and placed a $20.00 halftime bet. I did a free drink ticket, but I had to ask for it that time. 
    Reply
    I was at Bill's Gamblin' Hall & Saloon recently. They use Harrah's lines. I was in the middle of the Strip and lazy about shopping around for good lines. I went in there and placed about $50.00 in bets at the sportsbook and got 2 free drink tickets. The guy behind the counter was really easygoing about it. The next day I was in there again and placed a $20.00 halftime bet. I did a free drink ticket, but I had to ask for it that time. 
     
    Bronxxx2
    Bronxxx2
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2010
    Posts: 22
    Posted: Mar. 25, 2012 - 12:09 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    I know free drinks are a popular subject but the drinks are watered and you still have to tip/not 'free'. If you're betting a nickel I would think you'd like a real drink. nohate

    Lol.  God forbid you have to give the bartender 2 whole dollars for a drink, practically makes the entire trip unaffordable.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    I know free drinks are a popular subject but the drinks are watered and you still have to tip/not 'free'. If you're betting a nickel I would think you'd like a real drink. nohate

    Lol.  God forbid you have to give the bartender 2 whole dollars for a drink, practically makes the entire trip unaffordable.
     
    pbnews
    pbnews
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 74
    Posted: Mar. 25, 2012 - 1:00 PM ET #10

    I was surprised to get a drink ticket with each $10 bet I made at South Point.  Unfortunately, it's South Point, so you have to drive there (I prefer to do my drinking on the Strip, where there is always an unlicensed Disney character to throw up on).
    Reply
    I was surprised to get a drink ticket with each $10 bet I made at South Point.  Unfortunately, it's South Point, so you have to drive there (I prefer to do my drinking on the Strip, where there is always an unlicensed Disney character to throw up on).
     
    THAT1Wiseguy
    THAT1Wiseguy
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 167
    Posted: Mar. 25, 2012 - 1:42 PM ET #11

    Free drinks all day long, any sized bet and no drink tickets at the Bellagio.

    If your looking for free drinks there isn't any other place to go.
    Reply
    Free drinks all day long, any sized bet and no drink tickets at the Bellagio.

    If your looking for free drinks there isn't any other place to go.
     
    ECUhomer
    ECUhomer
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 108
    Posted: Mar. 25, 2012 - 6:35 PM ET #12

    My 2 cents, bro.  NC1 and VG might disagree but it is an opinion regardless.
    First of all, there are no free drinks.  You either get drink tickets, tip well, or play the puppie/ponies.  Any way you look at it, you are paying.  I have stayed at the MGM many times and learned to mitigate the money spent on drinks.  However, the hassle of the excessive traffic rolling through the book gets old.  I sometimes just prefer to buy a $3 Miller Lite and watch games on the IP's 50" old-ass TV's.  Or going to the MB's book offers a younger vibe.  Or watching at the Ex's bar/book has a fun, blue collar feel to it.
    Anyway, I'm rambling.  When I stay at the MGM (and play there) I head to the race side and show my room card.  They will give you a free racing forum on request.  Then I play a few random $2 win bets on a dog that should never win.  After that I place my sports bets and ask for drink tickets as I slide the teller $10.  He/she usually reciprocates with more than a few.  Try to cash winners with the same teller and tip them for W's.  After that I set up shop and watch games. 
    The waitress initally will grab a drink ticket off the table as I order.  Or she will ask if I am playing the dogs.  I show race tix and the Racing Forum.  All is well...
    Here's the rub...and why I say you will always pay.  Even though you rate free drinks with playing the dogs/ponies and with drink tix, you only have one opportunity to ensure your waitress wants to spend her "valuable" time fetching a drunk more alcohol.  Tip her consistently!  She will not come back if other customers are out-bidding you via tips. 
    I am a minnow.  $5-25 BJ tables.  $50-$100 sports bets.  If I slip the waitress a red for every round, she will come back.  Am I overpaying?  Not too sure.  However, when I am backed up with 3 Heinekens on the table because I can't keep up with her desire to keep being tipped, life isn't so bad.  When my drinks come without being requested (because I told her to keep them coming) and patrons around me can't seem to get her attention, all is really fuckin' well!
    Bottom line:  Nothing is truly free at the MGM.  Bellagio is the better scene for free drinks in a book.
    Best idea:  Place your bets at the MGM and go across the street to the either the MB or the sports bar at NYNY.  It is a bar/restaurant but not too expensive.
    Regardless, have fun.
    Reply
    My 2 cents, bro.  NC1 and VG might disagree but it is an opinion regardless.
    First of all, there are no free drinks.  You either get drink tickets, tip well, or play the puppie/ponies.  Any way you look at it, you are paying.  I have stayed at the MGM many times and learned to mitigate the money spent on drinks.  However, the hassle of the excessive traffic rolling through the book gets old.  I sometimes just prefer to buy a $3 Miller Lite and watch games on the IP's 50" old-ass TV's.  Or going to the MB's book offers a younger vibe.  Or watching at the Ex's bar/book has a fun, blue collar feel to it.
    Anyway, I'm rambling.  When I stay at the MGM (and play there) I head to the race side and show my room card.  They will give you a free racing forum on request.  Then I play a few random $2 win bets on a dog that should never win.  After that I place my sports bets and ask for drink tickets as I slide the teller $10.  He/she usually reciprocates with more than a few.  Try to cash winners with the same teller and tip them for W's.  After that I set up shop and watch games. 
    The waitress initally will grab a drink ticket off the table as I order.  Or she will ask if I am playing the dogs.  I show race tix and the Racing Forum.  All is well...
    Here's the rub...and why I say you will always pay.  Even though you rate free drinks with playing the dogs/ponies and with drink tix, you only have one opportunity to ensure your waitress wants to spend her "valuable" time fetching a drunk more alcohol.  Tip her consistently!  She will not come back if other customers are out-bidding you via tips. 
    I am a minnow.  $5-25 BJ tables.  $50-$100 sports bets.  If I slip the waitress a red for every round, she will come back.  Am I overpaying?  Not too sure.  However, when I am backed up with 3 Heinekens on the table because I can't keep up with her desire to keep being tipped, life isn't so bad.  When my drinks come without being requested (because I told her to keep them coming) and patrons around me can't seem to get her attention, all is really fuckin' well!
    Bottom line:  Nothing is truly free at the MGM.  Bellagio is the better scene for free drinks in a book.
    Best idea:  Place your bets at the MGM and go across the street to the either the MB or the sports bar at NYNY.  It is a bar/restaurant but not too expensive.
    Regardless, have fun.
     
    VegasGourmet
    VegasGourmet
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2010
    Posts: 813
    Posted: Mar. 26, 2012 - 2:43 AM ET #13

    ECU....no real disagreement here...Once again, NO drink tickets for Bellagio and the servers NEVER ask for a bet ticket whether sports or horses.....they just work for tips and don't care if you're drunk or not betting.....just tipping.

    I will offer (because I always do anyway)...a negative observation.

    The Bellagio is the #1 hotel/casino in the MGM Resorts company but the race and sportsbook is turning into crap on big, busy weekends because of the drink policy.....the "f-bombs" are flying and pushing and shoving just to cash out a winning ticket are real common....

     

    Reply

    ECU....no real disagreement here...Once again, NO drink tickets for Bellagio and the servers NEVER ask for a bet ticket whether sports or horses.....they just work for tips and don't care if you're drunk or not betting.....just tipping.

    I will offer (because I always do anyway)...a negative observation.

    The Bellagio is the #1 hotel/casino in the MGM Resorts company but the race and sportsbook is turning into crap on big, busy weekends because of the drink policy.....the "f-bombs" are flying and pushing and shoving just to cash out a winning ticket are real common....

     

     
    r2edline
    r2edline
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 12
    Posted: Mar. 26, 2012 - 4:39 PM ET #14

    Thanks for all the comments guys.  Sounds like the days of free drinks are all but gone.  I have heard good things about the Bellagio, and the free drinks, will check it out.

    All this drink ticket stuff is BS in my opinion, the ponnies make sense, but if you're laying a nickel or more in the sportsbook, you should be getting free drinks in my opinion.  That's the way it used to be at least.

    I think I'll just bet my regular amount and pay for drinks, hit the roulette tables in the intermissions for a few drinks.

    I'll report back on my experience after the weekend. Good luck boys.


    Reply
    Thanks for all the comments guys.  Sounds like the days of free drinks are all but gone.  I have heard good things about the Bellagio, and the free drinks, will check it out.

    All this drink ticket stuff is BS in my opinion, the ponnies make sense, but if you're laying a nickel or more in the sportsbook, you should be getting free drinks in my opinion.  That's the way it used to be at least.

    I think I'll just bet my regular amount and pay for drinks, hit the roulette tables in the intermissions for a few drinks.

    I'll report back on my experience after the weekend. Good luck boys.


     
    Ktrain
    Ktrain
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 6580
    Posted: Mar. 26, 2012 - 6:04 PM ET #15

    I was at the Mandalay Bay on Saturday and they do not offer drink tickets anymore. I guess they haven't done so for about 6 years now. 

    No more Mandalay Bay for me. 
    Reply
    I was at the Mandalay Bay on Saturday and they do not offer drink tickets anymore. I guess they haven't done so for about 6 years now. 

    No more Mandalay Bay for me. 
     
    mooz1
    mooz1
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2011
    Posts: 17
    Posted: Mar. 27, 2012 - 7:34 PM ET #16

    Any time you want a drink go to a penny slot machine put a dollar in  and play one line for a penny until the waitress comes. Once you get your drink cash out the remaining pennies(print) go to the races. R
    For your next drink put in the ticket you printed to the nearest penny slot and repeat procedure as needed.
    Reply
    Any time you want a drink go to a penny slot machine put a dollar in  and play one line for a penny until the waitress comes. Once you get your drink cash out the remaining pennies(print) go to the races. R
    For your next drink put in the ticket you printed to the nearest penny slot and repeat procedure as needed.
     
    Uncle_Gimp
    Uncle_Gimp
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 471
    Posted: Apr. 29, 2012 - 10:53 PM ET #17

    It's been a little over 2 years now since I have been to Vegas, but does the LV Hilton no longer do free drinks?
    Reply
    It's been a little over 2 years now since I have been to Vegas, but does the LV Hilton no longer do free drinks?
     
    mainmanmainman2
    mainmanmainman2
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 4357
    Posted: Apr. 29, 2012 - 11:46 PM ET #18

    vegas squeezing people... shame...
    Reply
    vegas squeezing people... shame...
     
    WILBUR11
    WILBUR11
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 147
    Posted: May. 1, 2012 - 6:40 AM ET #19

    The Imperial Palace 
    Reply
    The Imperial Palace 
     
    mainmanmainman2
    mainmanmainman2
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 4357
    Posted: May. 1, 2012 - 9:46 AM ET #20

    yaaaay when was the last time u went victory!! haha
    Reply
    yaaaay when was the last time u went victory!! haha
     
    WILBUR11
    WILBUR11
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 147
    Posted: May. 2, 2012 - 3:39 PM ET #21

    Whenever I'm at the IP book the cocktail waitress just comes around and takes your order. Tip is all that is needed.

    Reply

    Whenever I'm at the IP book the cocktail waitress just comes around and takes your order. Tip is all that is needed.

     
    guyhi
    guyhi
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 2132
    Posted: May. 7, 2012 - 2:04 AM ET #22

    most places give free drinks if your playing, but they are SLOW as hell, sportsbooks do too but rules vary, and they are even SLOWER. 1 waitress per zillion people. 15 minutes from them to show up, 15 minutes more to get your drink, a few minutes to drink it, repeat!
    Reply
    most places give free drinks if your playing, but they are SLOW as hell, sportsbooks do too but rules vary, and they are even SLOWER. 1 waitress per zillion people. 15 minutes from them to show up, 15 minutes more to get your drink, a few minutes to drink it, repeat!
     
    VegasSound
    VegasSound
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2009
    Posts: 524
    Posted: May. 7, 2012 - 10:02 AM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle_Gimp:

    It's been a little over 2 years now since I have been to Vegas, but does the LV Hilton no longer do free drinks?


    They still provide free drinks as long as you have your bet ticket.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle_Gimp:

    It's been a little over 2 years now since I have been to Vegas, but does the LV Hilton no longer do free drinks?


    They still provide free drinks as long as you have your bet ticket.
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: May. 10, 2012 - 2:50 PM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by Ktrain:

    I was at the Mandalay Bay on Saturday and they do not offer drink tickets anymore. I guess they haven't done so for about 6 years now. 

    No more Mandalay Bay for me. 

     I know this is an old thread but just wanted to comment..............I hadn't been to LV for 5-6 years until last December, & hadn't been to the MB since around 2002-03............but remembering the last time I was there, I had a blast. Was sitting at one of the cubes playing ponies & had 4-5 Heinies & 3-4 shots stacked up as I couldn't keep up with the waitress............just tipped her a couple bucks every time (no drink tix back then). Was disappointed as hell to hear what's going on now, & saw it 1st hand @ Clowntown. But others are right.........the C-C has a small book but very comfortable, & as long as you had race/game tix on the table (spent or not.....& you tipped) the gals didn't much care if you had  drink tix or not. ( Found the same to be true @ the LV Hilton but to a lesser extent.........didn't know I was gonna be there the last week it was to be the LV Hilton btw). 

     Yep, the drinks are weak.........buy a bottle & spike your own.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktrain:

    I was at the Mandalay Bay on Saturday and they do not offer drink tickets anymore. I guess they haven't done so for about 6 years now. 

    No more Mandalay Bay for me. 

     I know this is an old thread but just wanted to comment..............I hadn't been to LV for 5-6 years until last December, & hadn't been to the MB since around 2002-03............but remembering the last time I was there, I had a blast. Was sitting at one of the cubes playing ponies & had 4-5 Heinies & 3-4 shots stacked up as I couldn't keep up with the waitress............just tipped her a couple bucks every time (no drink tix back then). Was disappointed as hell to hear what's going on now, & saw it 1st hand @ Clowntown. But others are right.........the C-C has a small book but very comfortable, & as long as you had race/game tix on the table (spent or not.....& you tipped) the gals didn't much care if you had  drink tix or not. ( Found the same to be true @ the LV Hilton but to a lesser extent.........didn't know I was gonna be there the last week it was to be the LV Hilton btw). 

     Yep, the drinks are weak.........buy a bottle & spike your own.

     
     
    Uncle_Gimp
    Uncle_Gimp
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 471
    Posted: May. 10, 2012 - 7:43 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by VegasSound:



    They still provide free drinks as long as you have your bet ticket.


    Thanks, headed back out there this summer. Although free drinks at the book is a very low priority for me, lol. Not sure where we are staying though.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasSound:



    They still provide free drinks as long as you have your bet ticket.


    Thanks, headed back out there this summer. Although free drinks at the book is a very low priority for me, lol. Not sure where we are staying though.
    All Forums | Las Vegas
    123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,283
    • Monday 10/05/2026 698
    • PART DEUX 195
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,730
    • Falcons vs Saints in-game live MNF 1,810
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,812
    • ***Macwesties * Mon. Oct. 05, 2026 * Week #4 * MNF * NFL Football Play*** 3,147
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,642
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 9,658
    • MNF 1,066

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.