• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Worst Sports Injury You Have Endured

    12 Next Last»
    jmw59
    chilitokid
    ClubDirt
    sean2114
    dassad
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2030
    Posts: 49
    12 Next Last»
     
    jmw59
    jmw59
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 14430
    Posted: Jul. 20, 2010 - 9:45 AM ET #1

    Tore everything in my ankle playing basketball my senior year of high school.

    I saw white light when it happend.  It hurt so bad I couldn't even cry.  doctor said I would have been better off breaking the damn thing.

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    Tore everything in my ankle playing basketball my senior year of high school.

    I saw white light when it happend.  It hurt so bad I couldn't even cry.  doctor said I would have been better off breaking the damn thing.

     
    chilitokid
    chilitokid
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 10399
    Posted: Jul. 20, 2010 - 9:54 AM ET #2

    I had a Level 3 ankle sprain too during my junior year. Damm thing took a year+ to heal.
    Reply
    I had a Level 3 ankle sprain too during my junior year. Damm thing took a year+ to heal.
     
    ClubDirt
    ClubDirt
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 28196
    Posted: Jul. 20, 2010 - 9:59 AM ET #3

    blew out my knee.  twice in 4 years.  same knee.  brutal.   
    Reply
    blew out my knee.  twice in 4 years.  same knee.  brutal.   
     
    sean2114
    sean2114
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 11688
    Posted: Jul. 20, 2010 - 10:31 AM ET #4

    was lucky to never really have any severe knee or ankle injury's but breaking my ulna into three peices hurt like a SOB. My left arm still doesn't straighten all the way from that one (mostly my fault because I woulnd't let the doc fix it surgical because I didn't want to miss the rest of the season which i ended up missing anyway)
    Reply
    was lucky to never really have any severe knee or ankle injury's but breaking my ulna into three peices hurt like a SOB. My left arm still doesn't straighten all the way from that one (mostly my fault because I woulnd't let the doc fix it surgical because I didn't want to miss the rest of the season which i ended up missing anyway)
     
    dassad
    dassad
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2007
    Posts: 277
    Posted: Jul. 20, 2010 - 10:39 AM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by jmw59:

    Tore everything in my ankle playing basketball my senior year of high school.

    I saw white light when it happend.  It hurt so bad I couldn't even cry.  doctor said I would have been better off breaking the damn thing.

    Ditto - didn't see any white lights though...

    Also cracked a rib while sneezing....

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jmw59:

    Tore everything in my ankle playing basketball my senior year of high school.

    I saw white light when it happend.  It hurt so bad I couldn't even cry.  doctor said I would have been better off breaking the damn thing.

    Ditto - didn't see any white lights though...

    Also cracked a rib while sneezing....

     
    kaponofor3
    kaponofor3
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 35430
    Posted: Jul. 20, 2010 - 10:51 AM ET #6

    Tore my meniscus and ripped pieces of my femur off the bone my senior year of HS in a rebounding drill during a morning basketball practice after our team lost its only game in the entire league season (finished 9-1). Coach was so pissed we lost he ordered a week of double sessions before playoffs started, and I got injured on the first morning practice after four seasons of clean health.

    I saw my kneecap pop out of its joint in my right leg as I was falling down... instead of resting where it should be, it was on the right side of my knee. Had to kick my knee out to get it back into place.

    Of course I needed surgery and physical rehab and stuff. My dumbass coach never visited me in the hospital, and when I came to school the next morning, wanted me to see if I could run it off and come off the bench during playoffs. Needless to say, I was out for approx. 3-4 months instead.
    Reply
    Tore my meniscus and ripped pieces of my femur off the bone my senior year of HS in a rebounding drill during a morning basketball practice after our team lost its only game in the entire league season (finished 9-1). Coach was so pissed we lost he ordered a week of double sessions before playoffs started, and I got injured on the first morning practice after four seasons of clean health.

    I saw my kneecap pop out of its joint in my right leg as I was falling down... instead of resting where it should be, it was on the right side of my knee. Had to kick my knee out to get it back into place.

    Of course I needed surgery and physical rehab and stuff. My dumbass coach never visited me in the hospital, and when I came to school the next morning, wanted me to see if I could run it off and come off the bench during playoffs. Needless to say, I was out for approx. 3-4 months instead.
     
    tagsrock
    tagsrock
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 22590
    Posted: Jul. 20, 2010 - 11:01 AM ET #7

    This thread title can make aman cry. Was pitching in college when my dumb ass thought i could jump a ramp and grind a rail on my short skis. Broke my clavical and tore my labrium,,never pitched again. Im still fucking pissed!
    Reply
    This thread title can make aman cry. Was pitching in college when my dumb ass thought i could jump a ramp and grind a rail on my short skis. Broke my clavical and tore my labrium,,never pitched again. Im still fucking pissed!
     
    jmw59
    jmw59
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 14430
    Posted: Jul. 20, 2010 - 11:02 AM ET #8

     ouch tag
    Reply
     ouch tag
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jul. 20, 2010 - 11:29 AM ET #9

    Same thing..... ankle sprain playing hoops. Took me a whole 20 minutes just to get out of the fetal position on the court.
    Reply
    Same thing..... ankle sprain playing hoops. Took me a whole 20 minutes just to get out of the fetal position on the court.
     
    5_for_Fighting
    5_for_Fighting
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2007
    Posts: 6681
    Posted: Jul. 20, 2010 - 11:31 AM ET #10

    Broke my cheek bone when I was in High School from a deflected hockey puck ( I am old...before manditory helmets / faceshields )

    Had a mouse the size of a golf ball in about 1 minute. I wore it as a badge of honor, my mother nearly fainted.

    Reply

    Broke my cheek bone when I was in High School from a deflected hockey puck ( I am old...before manditory helmets / faceshields )

    Had a mouse the size of a golf ball in about 1 minute. I wore it as a badge of honor, my mother nearly fainted.

     
    Dexter83
    Dexter83
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 163
    Posted: Jul. 20, 2010 - 11:48 AM ET #11

    had the bright idea in HS to play basketball right after swimming.  played without shoes, feet were wet, & twisted ankle badly.  no major injuries on the ankle in college, but recently started to play a lot of indoor vball.  tore 1 ligament about 2 years ago & in January had 2 full length partial ligament tears.  All injuries on same ankle..

    least favorite thread to read .. ha

    best of luck to everyone on being injury free.

    Reply

    had the bright idea in HS to play basketball right after swimming.  played without shoes, feet were wet, & twisted ankle badly.  no major injuries on the ankle in college, but recently started to play a lot of indoor vball.  tore 1 ligament about 2 years ago & in January had 2 full length partial ligament tears.  All injuries on same ankle..

    least favorite thread to read .. ha

    best of luck to everyone on being injury free.

     
    Crowkillers
    Crowkillers
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 32063
    Posted: Jul. 20, 2010 - 11:54 AM ET #12

    LOL.. when I was 14 we were playing Tennis ball baseball at the local elementary school and I was playing Boonies (The home run territory out in the street) and I ran full speed for a foul ball and jumped over a fire hydrant and the top of my knee cap hit the bolt on top of the fire hydrant and I broke my knee cap.
    Reply
    LOL.. when I was 14 we were playing Tennis ball baseball at the local elementary school and I was playing Boonies (The home run territory out in the street) and I ran full speed for a foul ball and jumped over a fire hydrant and the top of my knee cap hit the bolt on top of the fire hydrant and I broke my knee cap.
     
    tagsrock
    tagsrock
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 22590
    Posted: Jul. 20, 2010 - 12:08 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by Crowkillers:

    LOL.. when I was 14 we were playing Tennis ball baseball at the local elementary school and I was playing Boonies (The home run territory out in the street) and I ran full speed for a foul ball and jumped over a fire hydrant and the top of my knee cap hit the bolt on top of the fire hydrant and I broke my knee cap.
    WO My knee hurts now, thanks.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowkillers:

    LOL.. when I was 14 we were playing Tennis ball baseball at the local elementary school and I was playing Boonies (The home run territory out in the street) and I ran full speed for a foul ball and jumped over a fire hydrant and the top of my knee cap hit the bolt on top of the fire hydrant and I broke my knee cap.
    WO My knee hurts now, thanks.
     
    kaponofor3
    kaponofor3
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 35430
    Posted: Jul. 20, 2010 - 12:08 PM ET #14

    Nice little ankle injury I had my first year of law school
    Reply
    Nice little ankle injury I had my first year of law school
     
    Dexter83
    Dexter83
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 163
    Posted: Jul. 20, 2010 - 12:17 PM ET #15

    arrrrrrrrrrrr .. hate when that happens.  i have a few pics that look similar. 

    crow- that sounds painfull .. but did you catch the foul ball? ha

    Reply

    arrrrrrrrrrrr .. hate when that happens.  i have a few pics that look similar. 

    crow- that sounds painfull .. but did you catch the foul ball? ha

     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jul. 20, 2010 - 12:43 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by Crowkillers:

    LOL.. when I was 14 we were playing Tennis ball baseball at the local elementary school and I was playing Boonies (The home run territory out in the street) and I ran full speed for a foul ball and jumped over a fire hydrant and the top of my knee cap hit the bolt on top of the fire hydrant and I broke my knee cap.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Crowkillers:

    LOL.. when I was 14 we were playing Tennis ball baseball at the local elementary school and I was playing Boonies (The home run territory out in the street) and I ran full speed for a foul ball and jumped over a fire hydrant and the top of my knee cap hit the bolt on top of the fire hydrant and I broke my knee cap.

     
    Eddy_Winslow
    Eddy_Winslow
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 14469
    Posted: Jul. 20, 2010 - 12:52 PM ET #17

    buy $BTC
    Reply
     
    allbees
    allbees
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2004
    Posts: 17670
    Posted: Jul. 20, 2010 - 1:40 PM ET #18

    I tore meniscus and ACL playing city league basketball.  We only had 5 guys, so I got up and played the rest of the game.  It wasn't good.  I went to the doc a week later.  3 knee surgery since then, but the last one did the trick.
    Covers Linesmen
    Reply
    I tore meniscus and ACL playing city league basketball.  We only had 5 guys, so I got up and played the rest of the game.  It wasn't good.  I went to the doc a week later.  3 knee surgery since then, but the last one did the trick.
     
    potter36
    potter36
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 854
    Posted: Jul. 20, 2010 - 3:38 PM ET #19

    Playing in college on the road at Georgia.  Hook slide on a tag up after a rain delay.  Planted and rolled up on my shoulder.  Level three shoulder seperation.  Torn labrum, shredded rotator cuff, collapsed capsule.  Passed out three times on the way to emergency room.  They had to cut my jersey off.  My ball joint was visible below the bicep.  Left arm was measured 4.5 inches longer than right.  I had torn acl, pcl, and mcl in knee before on a skiing accident.  That felt like a stubbed toe compared to the shoulder injury.

    Reply

    Playing in college on the road at Georgia.  Hook slide on a tag up after a rain delay.  Planted and rolled up on my shoulder.  Level three shoulder seperation.  Torn labrum, shredded rotator cuff, collapsed capsule.  Passed out three times on the way to emergency room.  They had to cut my jersey off.  My ball joint was visible below the bicep.  Left arm was measured 4.5 inches longer than right.  I had torn acl, pcl, and mcl in knee before on a skiing accident.  That felt like a stubbed toe compared to the shoulder injury.

     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jul. 20, 2010 - 3:43 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by potter36:

    Playing in college on the road at Georgia.  Hook slide on a tag up after a rain delay.  Planted and rolled up on my shoulder.  Level three shoulder seperation.  Torn labrum, shredded rotator cuff, collapsed capsule.  Passed out three times on the way to emergency room.  They had to cut my jersey off.  My ball joint was visible below the bicep.  Left arm was measured 4.5 inches longer than right.  I had torn acl, pcl, and mcl in knee before on a skiing accident.  That felt like a stubbed toe compared to the shoulder injury.

    Good lord.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by potter36:

    Playing in college on the road at Georgia.  Hook slide on a tag up after a rain delay.  Planted and rolled up on my shoulder.  Level three shoulder seperation.  Torn labrum, shredded rotator cuff, collapsed capsule.  Passed out three times on the way to emergency room.  They had to cut my jersey off.  My ball joint was visible below the bicep.  Left arm was measured 4.5 inches longer than right.  I had torn acl, pcl, and mcl in knee before on a skiing accident.  That felt like a stubbed toe compared to the shoulder injury.

    Good lord.

     
    Crowkillers
    Crowkillers
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 32063
    Posted: Jul. 20, 2010 - 4:00 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter83:

    arrrrrrrrrrrr .. hate when that happens.  i have a few pics that look similar. 

    crow- that sounds painfull .. but did you catch the foul ball? ha

    LOL...Almost, the ball was basically uncatchable, but back then we always pushed each other and talked shit even if we knew that plays were impossible. I ended up with a fractured Patella and 7 stictches.

    A week later I was playing ball again, but to this day I am still having issues with that knee. The injury also forced me out of Tang Soo Do(Karate) that I had 7 years in.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter83:

    arrrrrrrrrrrr .. hate when that happens.  i have a few pics that look similar. 

    crow- that sounds painfull .. but did you catch the foul ball? ha

    LOL...Almost, the ball was basically uncatchable, but back then we always pushed each other and talked shit even if we knew that plays were impossible. I ended up with a fractured Patella and 7 stictches.

    A week later I was playing ball again, but to this day I am still having issues with that knee. The injury also forced me out of Tang Soo Do(Karate) that I had 7 years in.

     
    Weathered
    Weathered
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2007
    Posts: 13464
    Posted: Jul. 20, 2010 - 6:22 PM ET #22

    I broke my ankle skate boarding in the 6th grade.

    From the 8th grade on the only sport I played through high school and college was Golf.

    So the occasional sour finger or something but thats all haha

    Reply

    I broke my ankle skate boarding in the 6th grade.

    From the 8th grade on the only sport I played through high school and college was Golf.

    So the occasional sour finger or something but thats all haha

     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jul. 20, 2010 - 6:34 PM ET #23

    Raced slalom, GS an downhill for 11 years, then freestyle, skateboarding, football, gymnastics, soccer, baseball and about every other extreme activity.

    Not one single broken bone or bad injury. Reading these stories makes me appreciate my luck beyond belief.

    Some tremendous athletes in here I'm sure that caught some bad shakes.

    Reply

    Raced slalom, GS an downhill for 11 years, then freestyle, skateboarding, football, gymnastics, soccer, baseball and about every other extreme activity.

    Not one single broken bone or bad injury. Reading these stories makes me appreciate my luck beyond belief.

    Some tremendous athletes in here I'm sure that caught some bad shakes.

     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Jul. 20, 2010 - 6:47 PM ET #24

     I've shredded both ankles..........several times. I pretty much wear hi-tops even if just going to the mail box now.

     Only thing that required surgery was my thumb............got it caught in the ground diving for a ground ball & bent it back to the point of tearing all the ligaments & the crown. I remember waking up in the middle of the night (after surgery) after the painkillers had worn off............holy shit! that hurt more than the injury itself.
    Reply
     I've shredded both ankles..........several times. I pretty much wear hi-tops even if just going to the mail box now.

     Only thing that required surgery was my thumb............got it caught in the ground diving for a ground ball & bent it back to the point of tearing all the ligaments & the crown. I remember waking up in the middle of the night (after surgery) after the painkillers had worn off............holy shit! that hurt more than the injury itself.
     
     
    bandit1010
    bandit1010
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2003
    Posts: 6736
    Posted: Jul. 20, 2010 - 6:54 PM ET #25

    Broken jaw, both sides.  Took a few years to really heal, I could tell when it was going to rain or get really cold!!!  Honest...

    Reply

    Broken jaw, both sides.  Took a few years to really heal, I could tell when it was going to rain or get really cold!!!  Honest...

    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 454,143
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,225
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 7,505
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,631
    • You asked for more winners- here you go 2,282
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,000
    • PART DEUX 266
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 530
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,726
    • I Thought Trump Campaigned on Lowering Prices!?!? 31,985

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.